Will Federer beat Nadal in a slam before calling it a career? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Federer beat Nadal in a slam before calling it a career?

fsoica
07-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Vote, discuss, explain your opinion...

I voted yes and I hope it will happen during US Open '12 or '13...

P.S.
I chose to close the poll 1000 days from now since I don't think Roger will quit before 2016, barring injury...

Ash86
07-17-2012, 09:13 PM
I think so. He was actually close in Australia - up a set - close second set - the match never seemed inevitable, and I say this as a Nadal fan. I think Federer has had better tactics recently against Nadal.

Best of 5 is always tougher for Federer as executing his game plan vs Nadal over that long can get tiring but I think it'll happen. Potentially US Open. Hope not but gut feeling...

GSMnadal
07-17-2012, 09:17 PM
No :lol:

But it's ok, he can cherish those two Wimbledons over a grass court novice, baby Rafa at Wimbledon and tell his grandkids about it. I just don't see Federer grabbing 3 out of 5 sets against Nadal, sorry.

acionescu
07-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Yep. He probably keeps playing only to do that one day, Verdasco-like :yeah:

rutinos harcos
07-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Nadal will eat him alive every time they meet.

Looner
07-17-2012, 09:20 PM
I think so. He was actually close in Australia - up a set - close second set - the match never seemed inevitable, and I say this as a Nadal fan. I think Federer has had better tactics recently against Nadal.

Best of 5 is always tougher for Federer as executing his game plan vs Nadal over that long can get tiring but I think it'll happen. Potentially US Open. Hope not but gut feeling...

In fact, he was up a set and a break which has NEVER happened to him in a match against Nadal EVER. So he was close. If they meet at the USO and Fed's not annihilated from a long semi, he has a chance.

The thing is though, much like Australia, when they meet RN is always playing really well and seeing as how he's such a bad matchup, even on less favourable for RN surfaces, it's always a tough proposition for the Old man to beat Nadal.

Federer in 2
07-17-2012, 09:21 PM

But it's ok, he can cherish those two Wimbledons over a grass court novice, baby Rafa at Wimbledon and tell his grandkids about it. I just don't see Federer grabbing 3 out of 5 sets against Nadal, sorry.

Aren't you the same guy who said that Nadal is going to win Wimby after he won FO?
If I recall correctly, your exact words were : "Who will stop him? :shrug:"
Poor effort.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
07-17-2012, 09:23 PM
would love to see roger beat rafa on grass

of course certain nadal fans will use the roof as an excuse

so i hope roger can beat rafa outdoors on grass
of course certain rafa fans will bring up precepitation of the 2 weeks as an example of slippery grass saving roger >.>

so i hope roger beats rafa outdoors, on dry baked grass that plays medium slow
of course certain rafa fans will bring up rafas knee injury

so i hope roger beats rafa- (deep breath) on outdoor, dry baked medium slow grass- when nadal has been medically cleared by 2 doctors and feels physically 100%
of course nadal fans will bring up nadals family life- possible divorces, break ups, or general nadal psychological stress making nadal less than 100% mentally therefore not a win* (for them)

so i hope roger beats nadal on outdoor dry baked medium.......... oh fuck it- i hope roger beats nadal at roland garros

GSMnadal
07-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Aren't you the same guy who said that Nadal is going to win Wimby after he won FO?
Poor effort.

Stupid of me I didn't see Rosol coming, should've known it. Would've definitely favoured him big time against Roger had they met.

Looner
07-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Poor effort.

He's also the same guy who sported a Fed winning WTF over Nadal avatar because he was cocky as hell before the IW SF :o.

Kiedis
07-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Rafa and Roger only can meet in the finals. Draws are rigged to protect Swiss.

GSMnadal
07-17-2012, 09:27 PM
He's also the same guy who sported a Fed winning WTF over Nadal avatar because he was cocky as hell before the IW SF :o.

My poor prediction skills :sad:

Should've lost a bet on RG as well, said Rafa wouldn't lose a set on his way to the title :facepalm:

Kiedis
07-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Stupid of me I didn't see Rosol coming, should've known it. Would've definitely favoured him big time against Roger had they met.

Nadal can't play in top form more of 3 consecutive months anymore. He must stop and undergo treatment. Keep this in mind until he retires.

Looner
07-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Well, it's normal to be wrong :hug:. After all, you're a Nadal fan. But I myself will not vote in this poll, as I think it'll be hard for Rogi but still possible. I was a lot more certain of him reclaiming #1.

Honestly
07-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Yes he can. To put anything beyond him is insanity.

GSMnadal
07-17-2012, 09:35 PM

He can't beat Nadal at Roland Garros.

Am I saying something insane? :scratch:

Lleyton_
07-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Knowing the prediction skills of Nadaltards, I see at least one more win http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/mystiques/diable/diablo3.gif

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
07-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Nadal can't play in top form more of 3 consecutive months. Keep this in mind until he retires.

do you realise how stupid that sounds

the millions he spends on his team of experts and they CANNOT SCHEDULE FOR MORE THAN 3 MONTHS OUT OF 12!!

c'mon man- rafa is too smart for that-

granted- he has had issues with his knees- HOWEVER- i do not believe he would play major slams if he didnt think he could win

Whiznot
07-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Federer will likely never beat Nadal at RG and there is a good chance that Nadal never again gets to the second week of any other slam.

Federer in 2
I think we've all learned something from what happened at Wimbledon this year:

There are things that Roger Federer won't do, but there is nothing he can't do.

Honestly
He can't beat Nadal at Roland Garros.

Am I saying something insane? :scratch:

Well I was posting in context with the thread. He can beat Nadal in a slam. RG is something different. I think that is asking too much, or he would have done it already.

Litotes
I don't think we will see many more meetings between them. If they should meet, most likely it will be the French, where Nadal has the advantage.

Nole Rules

:spit:

nole_no1
Of course he can why couldn't he? Anyone in the top 4 can beat each other anytime...

Kiedis
07-17-2012, 09:43 PM
do you realise how stupid that sounds

the millions he spends on his team of experts and they CANNOT SCHEDULE FOR MORE THAN 3 MONTHS OUT OF 12!!

c'mon man- rafa is too smart for that-

granted- he has had issues with his knees- HOWEVER- i do not believe he would play major slams if he didnt think he could win

Do you understand the word 'consecutive'? Nadal always squeeze clay season so if Wimbledon and Roland Garros are not more separated in a future in the calendar, sadly I don't think he will never win it again.

GSMnadal
07-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Of course he can why couldn't he? Anyone in the top 4 can beat each other anytime...

Murray against one of the other three in a slam (final :spit:), you sure? :unsure:

RagingLamb
07-17-2012, 09:51 PM
He might be able to pull it off on grass or at the USO

Fed fordawin
07-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Of course he can, at every slam that is.

Where will it actually happen? If they meet at Wimbledon or USO, poor Nadull is toast.
At AO it's a close call. Having lost 2 tight matches against him, I say he wins the next.
Ar Roland Garros it depends on the condition. This year's conditions= Roger is toast. Last year's conditions: Roger might do it eventually.

rocketassist
07-17-2012, 09:54 PM
I hope so, so Everko can edit his stupid prediction YET again :lol:

SheepleBuster
07-17-2012, 09:55 PM
No. Because Rafa will lose before the finals from now on. :D The better question is can Rafa beat Rosol in a slam before he is done?

AsianSensation
07-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Federer will beat Nadal at RG when he's 35 and Rafa is 30. Just waiting for the perfect time to strike.

samanosuke
07-17-2012, 10:01 PM
till rosols are here no need for fed to be bothered with

finishingmove
07-17-2012, 10:01 PM
No, thankfully draws are still being rigged for Federer.

Mountaindewslave
07-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Poor effort.

betting favorites Nadal was very high after ROland Garros to win Wimbledon so it's not like his prediction make no sense.

I mean can Federer do it? for sure. will he? doubtful, in his brain I think he knows that if Nadal executes his gameplan and is in decent form it will be very very hard. if they met at Wimbledon next year, even despite Roger's age, I think he might be able to win that. but Nadal on clay/hard seems pretty tough to do before retirement

Orange Wombat
07-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Will Federer meet Nadal in a slam before calling it a career?

AntiTennis
07-18-2012, 12:05 AM
:confused: Of course he can, even in RG..why not? everything is possible with Roger, he just proved it last week

Honestly
07-18-2012, 12:33 AM
Pretty much this. You can't put anything beyond the guy.

HKz
07-18-2012, 12:42 AM
I think Federer will beat Nadal one more time at a slam. Silly to say otherwise, and especially given Nadal questionable form off clay and Federer's new found confidence since last indoor season. Federer had his chances in Australia, just wasn't confident enough to take the chances he was given and the bad match up against Nadal + surface eventually became too much.

betting favorites Nadal was very high after ROland Garros to win Wimbledon so it's not like his prediction make no sense.

I mean can Federer do it? for sure. will he? doubtful, in his brain I think he knows that if Nadal executes his gameplan and is in decent form it will be very very hard. if they met at Wimbledon next year, even despite Roger's age, I think he might be able to win that. but Nadal on clay/hard seems pretty tough to do before retirement

How the hell do you give grass a higher chance for Federer? While grass is grass, there are plenty of faster playing hard courts in the world, US Open included. Certain hard courts like Australia, Miami, Indian Wells, etc are obviously playing in Nadal's favor, but that certainly isn't all of them.

Raferminator
07-18-2012, 12:52 AM
So Muger Frauder puts a little money into SW19 the year of the Olympics to make sure an "All Serve" game wins, and now these Fedtards have lost their minds with delusions of grandeur! :mad: What ABOUT the LAST 5 years? Are they now just a black hole to these sickening Conformists?

Muger Frauderer hasn't beaten Rafa in a Slam in over 4 years. Rafa OWNS Muger! :mad: And yet these vapid and ditto-head Fedtards repeat the same senseless drivel over and over again because of a cupcake draw (Benneteau, Malisse and Youzhny!!! :mad:). You've seen the guy play. He's got one weapon: a big serve. You take away his artificially enhanced "all-Serve" game at a time when most players retire, and Frauderer doesn't have ANY weapons. Just "weak sauce" tennis with a bunch of shanks thrown in. Muger Frauderer is just flat out awful and his all-serve game is utter crap! Rafa has known this for years and that's why Frauderer kisses Rafa's backside all the time; but only NOW are the people starting to get it too. Muger completely sucks! :mad:

You don't need to repeat it, repeat it, repeat it I hared it the first 4 millions time time time... Well, you won't stop by and tell me what this delusion is. I couldn't care less, ha ha, but the Fedtard does. And he told me we're both superseded. So why not drop by, burst my bubble for me?

So simple to be cynical and respond to things with ease. Once an attitudes selected, then behavior is a breeze. They think they've got it covered, but they've got it all wrong. Hard people make hard times far worse, mot the reverse. It's the contemporary trap hey want to tell you where it's at. When the past is thought irrelevant, our destiny's completely black.

For these Fedtards have limited themselves to an Urbanite perspective and the build-up, rear-down Press-gang acid attack. But Familiarity BREEDS contempt! :mad: And I'm NOT exempt! Sour seeds grown into stifling creepers and bitterness feeds on a drive alive, Familiarity breeds contempt and a row of resentments. :mad:

HKz
07-18-2012, 01:04 AM
So Muger Frauder puts a little money into SW19 the year of the Olympics to make sure an "All Serve" game wins, and now these Fedtards have lost their minds with delusions of grandeur! :mad: What ABOUT the LAST 5 years? Are they now just a black hole to these sickening Conformists?

Muger Frauderer hasn't beaten Rafa in a Slam in over 4 years. Rafa OWNS Muger! :mad: And yet these vapid and ditto-head Fedtards repeat the same senseless drivel over and over again because of a cupcake draw (Benneteau, Malisse and Youzhny!!! :mad:). You've seen the guy play. He's got one weapon: a big serve. You take away his artificially enhanced "all-Serve" game at a time when most players retire, and Frauderer doesn't have ANY weapons. Just "weak sauce" tennis with a bunch of shanks thrown in. Muger Frauderer is just flat out awful and his all-serve game is utter crap! Rafa has known this for years and that's why Frauderer kisses Rafa's backside all the time; but only NOW are the people starting to get it too. Muger completely sucks! :mad:

You don't need to repeat it, repeat it, repeat it I hared it the first 4 millions time time time... Well, you won't stop by and tell me what this delusion is. I couldn't care less, ha ha, but the Fedtard does. And he told me we're both superseded. So why not drop by, burst my bubble for me?

So simple to be cynical and respond to things with ease. Once an attitudes selected, then behavior is a breeze. They think they've got it covered, but they've got it all wrong. Hard people make hard times far worse, mot the reverse. It's the contemporary trap hey want to tell you where it's at. When the past is thought irrelevant, our destiny's completely black.

For these Fedtards have limited themselves to an Urbanite perspective and the build-up, rear-down Press-gang acid attack. But Familiarity BREEDS contempt! :mad: And I'm NOT exempt! Sour seeds grown into stifling creepers and bitterness feeds on a drive alive, Familiarity breeds contempt and a row of resentments. :mad:

What a long post all for nothing. Nadal really destroyed Federer at the WTF and Indian and destroyed Federer in 3 bagels in Australia right? :rolleyes:

Where do all these Rafatards go to school? Clay Fail, Failerko, Tard da Fail, FailRK, etc all type the same shit. Probably because they are one in the same, but whatever.

chenx15
07-18-2012, 01:20 AM
i think he will. all this hardwork he had with annacone was designed to slaughter any crazy baseliner and to finish points faster on the net instead of hitting winners of the courts which rafa can usually retrieve causing federer making errors. he was very close in the roland garros until that stupid mental choke. Annacone basically improved the killer instinct in fed and if indian wells is any measurement, the next time they face in a slam rafa is the one going down

chenx15
07-18-2012, 01:21 AM

wow! you need help my friend

tests
07-18-2012, 01:41 AM
Unfortunately, defeating nadal at a slam is something at federer will never accomplish again. He has been close (aus open, fo last year) but nadal is Feds kryptonite. If fed was up 2 sets to love, 4-0 in the 3rd set, I wouldn't be surprised if nadal still won the match.

I have said this before and I will say it again, if fed had figured nadal out,meh would have had 24+ slams, several years of winning 4 slams in a row... Tennis would have to be renamed "the federer sport"

Fed will never beat nadal at a slam again, and it sucks because fed is infinitely more talented than nadal

BroTree123
07-18-2012, 01:58 AM
His best chance is at USO. Anywhere else, he's got close to 0 chance.

viruzzz
07-18-2012, 02:03 AM
Sure. If Roger keeps it this way, he can win in USO / WIM and even AO.

Rafa needs to find his A-Form. He'll probably do it, but ATM he doesn't do anything to convince me.

mark73
07-18-2012, 02:07 AM
wow! you need help my friend

I think he/she is trying to be funny. But is just annoying. :lol:

sexybeast
07-18-2012, 02:13 AM
IF Federer is drawn to play Nadal in Usopen in SF he will beat him.

In Wimbledon 2013 it will be 50/50. I dont think Federer will beat him in Australia from now on, too slow.

Honestly
07-18-2012, 02:14 AM

:lol: Does people like this really exist?!

abraxas21
07-18-2012, 02:15 AM
maybe in PS3

paseo
07-18-2012, 02:55 AM
I thought he already did?

motorhead
07-18-2012, 02:57 AM
Yep. He probably keeps playing only to do that one day, Verdasco-like :yeah:

:haha:

MuzzahLovah
07-18-2012, 04:30 AM
No never.

juan77
07-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Federer will beat Nadal at RG when he's 35 and Rafa is 30. Just waiting for the perfect time to strike.

Good idea! Don Federer says "revenge is a dish best enjoyed when cold"

rutinos harcos
07-18-2012, 05:34 AM

Fedtards,obey to Raferminator too.

Johnbert
07-18-2012, 05:40 AM

wtf is this?! :haha:

i only see :mad: and :mad: or :mad:

Mountaindewslave
07-18-2012, 05:43 AM
I think Federer will beat Nadal one more time at a slam. Silly to say otherwise, and especially given Nadal questionable form off clay and Federer's new found confidence since last indoor season. Federer had his chances in Australia, just wasn't confident enough to take the chances he was given and the bad match up against Nadal + surface eventually became too much.

How the hell do you give grass a higher chance for Federer? While grass is grass, there are plenty of faster playing hard courts in the world, US Open included. Certain hard courts like Australia, Miami, Indian Wells, etc are obviously playing in Nadal's favor, but that certainly isn't all of them.

Grand Slams DOC and I think you are making a huge stretch if you think US OPEN plays favorably for Federer against Nadal compared to Wimbledon. Federer's serve does so much damage at Wimbledon.
Roger can/could play lights out at Wimbledon and beat Nadal fairly quickly but at the US OPEN he will have to grind it out much more. I disagree entirely and I don't think you are correct if you think that the US OPEN plays faster than Wimbledon necessarily anymore, and if it does barely. let's put things into perspective anyway, I am pretty certain that Federer will not preform at the US OPEN this year nearly as well as he did at Wimbledon. we will have to see but he seems to have an extra gear on grass and obviously his serve works more magic on grass than medium speed hard court. Wimbledon Federer will probably have the best odds in a match against Nadal, my opinion or bookies, it just is logically where he plays his best and has beaten Nadal there before

EliSter
07-18-2012, 06:11 AM
No.

sweetkit
07-18-2012, 06:18 AM
Depends if Injurino is still capable to make it to the finals...

manadrainer
07-18-2012, 06:26 AM

Wow raFAILminator is back!

What happened to Rafa against Rosol man? He brought the "weak sauce"? Or draw was rigged and poor rafito had to play the most dangerous player out there? Did Rosol bring the "strong sauce"? I'll make a poll later...

Too bad such a big tard seems to be from my country. :facepalm:

Honestly
07-18-2012, 06:32 AM

Wow raFAILminator is back!

What happened to Rafa against Rosol man? He brought the "weak sauce"? Or draw was rigged and poor rafito had to play the most dangerous player out there? Did Rosol bring the "strong sauce"? I'll make a poll later...

Rafailminator is clearly a very disturbed human being. The GOAT has obviously ruined her sad and pathetic little life. I know you are reading this Rafailminator. Your leaving abusive comments and then disappearing doesn't work with me. The GOAT has got you by the balls.

manadrainer
07-18-2012, 06:33 AM
Back on topic I think Fed has some chances at wimbledon or uso. It'll be difficult in Australia and nearly impossible at Roland garros (should have taken his chance in 2011 but fucked it up)

Slade
07-18-2012, 06:34 AM
There is a 43.5% chance of this happening.

Fed Muzza Killer
07-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Tactically Fed's playing much better against nadal these days, i think it's possible if they met at US OPEN and Maayybbbbeeeeee Wimbledon.

Fed Muzza Killer
07-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Grand Slams DOC and I think you are making a huge stretch if you think US OPEN plays favorably for Federer against Nadal compared to Wimbledon. Federer's serve does so much damage at Wimbledon.
Roger can/could play lights out at Wimbledon and beat Nadal fairly quickly but at the US OPEN he will have to grind it out much more. I disagree entirely and I don't think you are correct if you think that the US OPEN plays faster than Wimbledon necessarily anymore, and if it does barely. let's put things into perspective anyway, I am pretty certain that Federer will not preform at the US OPEN this year nearly as well as he did at Wimbledon. we will have to see but he seems to have an extra gear on grass and obviously his serve works more magic on grass than medium speed hard court. Wimbledon Federer will probably have the best odds in a match against Nadal, my opinion or bookies, it just is logically where he plays his best and has beaten Nadal there before

well , you're right about Fed's serve wich is more effective on grass
BUT , the thing is , Wimbledon Balls are Bloody Heavy , and get so much more spin
Plus,Wimbledon Grass is a high bouncing surface wich favoures Nadal game.

Fed's proved it over these years , that IF he can Handle nadal's CC FH , he can beat him.even on a Slow Surface like O2 Arena (And IW this year , yeah IW is a high bouncing Medimum-Pace surface but weather conditions made a huge difference that Day and made the court a Medium Bouncing Surface).

AO Surface is not a high bouncing Surface (is not low-bouncing either) but Heavy Balls and Slow-Surface make it tough for fed to hit through Nadal,and you cant volley with those heavy balls so he has to fight for every single point.

US Open balls are so much lighter , it's not a high bouncing surface (agian it's not a low bouncing surface either) , and surface is FAST ENOUGH for Fed to hit through Nadal's defense.IMO , US OPEN (pre-2011)surface suits Federer's game much more than Wimbledon Grass in a Match-UP agianst Nadal.

duarte_a
07-18-2012, 08:24 AM
There is a 43.5% chance of this happening.

Care to explain how you reached that number?! lol

I think Roger's best chances are in the US Open followed by Wimbledon.

born_on_clay
07-18-2012, 08:56 AM
I believe he will. Soon enough...

Chris Kuerten
07-18-2012, 09:03 AM
The majority says he will, MTF delusion strikes again.

Sophocles
07-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Depends how often they meet & where. At the U.S. Open with its proper surface - rather than the botched paint-job last year - a confident in-form Federer is marginal favourite against Nadal. He can hit through him with those light balls and the slick surface; the only problem, apart from the lurking threat of a choke, is that Nadal can extract some high bounce from the court, so it's a matter of whether Fed finishes enough points without errors before Nadull settles into his usual tedious rally pattern. At Wimbledon, with the roof on Federer is heavy favourite. He is 8-1 in sets against Nadull on lowish-bouncing indoor courts, & he can hit freely without making hundreds of errors. With the roof open it depends how dry the court is, but in any conditions on grass Fed has a shot. At the A.O. with this year's painfully slow surface it's too hard to finish points. At R.G. he obviously has no chance unless they're both still playing at the point Nadull is in a wheelchair.

Fedex
07-18-2012, 10:49 AM
His best chance is at USO. Anywhere else, he's got close to 0 chance.

:lol: :spit: at Roger having "zero chance" against Nadal at Wimbledon.

JediFed
07-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Too many variables. I'll say yes, and at RG.

If Nadal starts having difficulties coming through the draw, especially on hardcourts, and Federer's level stays about the same - then they probably won't meet again on Hardcourts. Clay is another matter. They are still 2 of the greatest clay players on the surface and there really isn't anyone coming up to challenge them.

cardio
07-18-2012, 12:58 PM
I want to see Fed - Nadal semifinal in USO 2012, they never played there . I dont know who is gonna win it though, most likely Nadull. That onehanded backhand breaks down like it happened zillion times before. And they dont have a roof in Arthur Ashe, so no indoor matches in USO.

Johnbert
07-18-2012, 01:25 PM
I want to see Fed - Nadal semifinal in USO 2012, they never played there . I dont know who is gonna win it though, most likely Nadull. That onehanded backhand breaks down like it happened zillion times before. And they dont have a roof in Arthur Ashe, so no indoor matches in USO.

probably...

a shame we never saw JesusFed vs nadal at the uso. nadal was just to bad there to reach the final in feds prime.

abraxas21
07-18-2012, 01:51 PM
The majority says he will, MTF delusion strikes again.

MTF has been going thru a stage of rabid fedtardism since fedmug won wimbledon. it will diminish soon enough the minute he gets defeated by nadal once again in a GS.

LoveFifteen
07-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Of course he can, at every slam that is.

Where will it actually happen? If they meet at Wimbledon or USO, poor Nadull is toast.
At AO it's a close call. Having lost 2 tight matches against him, I say he wins the next.
Ar Roland Garros it depends on the condition. This year's conditions= Roger is toast. Last year's conditions: Roger might do it eventually.

:spit: So delusional. :rolls:

It doesn't depend on anything at Roland Garros. Federer will never, ever beat Nadal there. :wavey:

And there 2012 AO match wasn't tight. :o

AncicCilic
07-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Depends on where they play really. I'm sure if they meet at USO two times before end of his career he will win either both or atleast one of those matches.

And really, their H2H is emphasized too much. They played tons on clay since Fed was able to reach finals of clay tournaments while Nadal did not reach as many finals of fast hard court tournaments.
For this reason i don't find it that important as maybe Nadal-Djokovic rivalry, since they have met on all kinds of surfaces many times.

DJ Soup
07-18-2012, 02:58 PM
yes, besides Rafa will age quicker than the Fed

Fedex
07-19-2012, 03:40 AM
And there 2012 AO match wasn't tight. :o

:lol:

Honestly
07-19-2012, 04:03 AM
yes, besides Rafa will age quicker than the Fed

Affirmative. Nadal is falling.

MTwEeZi
07-19-2012, 04:09 AM
Nadal will rise from his 2012 Wimbledon result.

MTwEeZi
07-19-2012, 04:17 AM
Federer will fall from the #1 ranking eventually.

Clay Death
07-19-2012, 04:28 AM
Affirmative. Nadal is falling.

is that reckless blind hate eating away at your common sense or what?

let me consult general and dr MTweeeeeeeezi. we have a cure for neuroejaculitis but it is not cheap.

MTwEeZi
07-19-2012, 04:44 AM
After a short discussion, the wealthy philanthropist Dr. Death and I have come to a verdict.

Ailment: This is a classic case of the delusional depressed debbie downer double account ejacuzee.

Rx: Three bags of mary j. And a videotape of the 08 RG final.

viruzzz
07-19-2012, 04:54 AM
let the guy have a fuckin opinion without saying that bullshit.

No. I don't agree with him, I think what he said is bullshit, but I've read so many worse things than that. Even in this fuckin thread. Respect all opinions, don't search for only one user to attack just because you don't agree with him, there are so many worse things here.

Clay Death
07-19-2012, 05:21 AM
After a short discussion, the wealthy philanthropist Dr. Death and I have come to a verdict.

Ailment: This is a classic case of the delusional depressed debbie downer double account ejacuzee.

:drink::rocker2::rocker2::rocker2:

Juz78
07-19-2012, 06:34 AM

This. Truth right here. I thought most people by now would have learned from their previous mistakes, Fed normally proves everyone wrong.

HKz
07-19-2012, 07:03 AM
let the guy have a fuckin opinion without saying that bullshit.

No. I don't agree with him, I think what he said is bullshit, but I've read so many worse things than that. Even in this fuckin thread. Respect all opinions, don't search for only one user to attack just because you don't agree with him, there are so many worse things here.

Why try to reason with Clay Fail? He is an old sport that doesn't understand shit for tennis, just randomly spews shit, and plays princesses and generalitas in his castle. Basically MTF is his life to spew forth from creating whatever imaginary aura he thinks he is achieving. He also achieves this fake illusion through the use of his multiple accounts of MTwEeZi, FailFK, tard da fail (thankfully banned), failerko, etc.

His English is also utter shit.

rutinos harcos
07-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Why try to reason with Clay Fail? He is an old sport that doesn't understand shit for tennis, just randomly spews shit, and plays princesses and generalitas in his castle. Basically MTF is his life to spew forth from creating whatever imaginary aura he thinks he is achieving. He also achieves this fake illusion through the use of his multiple accounts of MTwEeZi, FailFK, tard da fail (thankfully banned), failerko, etc.

H uge K ing-size Z ero spews hate and is pathetic clown.Nothing new.

fsoica
07-19-2012, 07:55 AM

in 2017 RG rd of 16, that is...a 5 setter for the ages, both will need a month to recover after that close encounter of the 3rd kind...and tennis will never be the same after that match, since they both will be out of contention from there on :)

EliSter
07-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Nadal can beat Federer in RG, blindfolded in wheelchair with age 60. On other slams he have a chance, like 5% .

Johnbert
07-19-2012, 08:00 AM
Nadal can beat Federer in RG, blindfolded in wheelchair with age 60. On other slams he have a chance, like 5% .

and you said fed-fans exaggerate :spit:

now you can badrep me again :hug:

EliSter
07-19-2012, 08:11 AM
and you said fed-fans exaggerate :spit:

now you can badrep me again :hug:

Its a bit of exaggeration :hug: Still Fed didnt beat Nadal in GS for 5 years, i dont see any reason that would change in near future when draws are rigged for them to meet in finals.

One bad rap was enough :angel:

mlhyde
07-19-2012, 09:10 AM
I believe yes. And not only once. Let's wait and see. Probably once in RG.

Commander Data
07-19-2012, 09:14 AM
there is a "again" missing in the thread title.

Honestly
07-19-2012, 09:57 AM

I can see the truth is eating away at you Insectus. Nadal is falling at a furious pace and all hope of him catching Fed is gone after Wimby. It is destroying your very existence.

duarte_a
07-19-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm inclined to say yes but then I think about several matches in slams where Roger was playing much better than nadal but that all goes away when they play each other. Recent examples: RG 2011, AO 2012.

Roger was playing much better than nadal and he had leads in both matches. But we must always take into account that Roger has some mental block against nadal. It must be that. I mean he blew so many leads in so many matches against nadal.

I don't think Roger has found the solution to the nadal problem yet. If he his able to beat nadal on hardcourts 3 or 4 times in a row then I think we can say he has found a game plan but as of now, in my opinion, nadal has the edge wherever they meet, except for indoor hardcourt.

With all that said, anything can happen in tennis and I do believe Roger is capable of beating nadal in a slam, even with his mental block thingy.

rutinos harcos
07-19-2012, 11:23 AM

H uge K ing-size Z ero is classy poster.

fsoica
07-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Some comments from the OP:

A lot of people are starting to preach that Nadal's demise is near..come on guys, you cannot be serious...we are talking about a guy who played 5 out of the 6 last GS finals...you have to be delusional to think this guy will not be a threat in the next slams on all surfaces...

Nadal is a bad matchup for Federer, tennis wise and mentally also...

Federer will need to do it in 3 sets, imho, not letting his psyche to wonder...Fed has not played a brilliant series of 3 sets against Nadal since Miami 2005.

I think the odds of Fed winning against Rafa in a slam are slim.

I am a Federer proud fan, despite his H2H with Rafa, which, and here I beg to differ with Roger's opinion, counts big time in the great scheme of things. Otoh, every tennis afficionado must admit that matchups are a big issue in tennis, and Rafa is a nightmare matchup for Fed.

The psyche part of the duels with Rafa (the choking), is one of the things on which Fed seems to progress properly. Annacone instilled in him a weird sense of inferiority, which will help Fed big time. He does not enter the court looking in the mirror and saying: I am the GOAT. He runs, he chases every ball, he tries various things and he knows that beating Rafa/Djoker or Muzza is really a great deal for a 31 years old.

And that, followed by the fact that Annacone is a great tactician, gives me a glimpse of hope for a USOpen 2012 SF victory for Federer, if he will face Nadal. Not in the final, though, if the case, since I don't believe he is so strong mentally to do it in a final over 5 sets.

Time will tell.

P.S.
Could the tards give us a break, at least in this thread?

ServeVolley
07-19-2012, 12:37 PM

You mean the two prior to facing mono-Fed and Tommy the Berd Pigeon? FYI, his level on grass is no better now than it was six years ago. :)

Looner
07-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Nadal will rise from his 2012 Wimbledon result.

Is he going to lose to someone inside the top 100 in the next slam?

Johnbert
07-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Federer will fall from the #1 ranking eventually.

problem with the #1 is that you can't climb up in the ranking anymore...

ServeVolley
07-19-2012, 12:56 PM

HTH would be 22-18 to Federer if they'd met in some HC Slam and Masters finals between 05-08... Unfortunately for us Federer fans (I mean not because it actually means anything as it is, but just because we have to keep hearing you repeat it all the time), Nadal simply wasn't good enough to reach any hard court major finals - hence the lopsided HTH with 14 of the matches (12 of his 18 wins) being played on his best surface. Out of interest, do you know what happened in the one HC Masters final that they did play in those four years? Miami 2005, Federer def. Nadal 2–6, 6–7(4–7), 7–6(7–5), 6–3, 6–1. :)

Rafa is the GOAT
07-19-2012, 01:24 PM
HTH would be 22-18 to Federer if they'd met in some HC Slam and Masters finals between 05-08... Unfortunately for us Federer fans (I mean not because it actually means anything as it is, but just because we have to keep hearing you repeat it all the time), Nadal simply wasn't good enough to reach any hard court major finals - hence the lopsided HTH with 14 of the matches (12 of his 18 wins) being played on his best surface. Out of interest, do you know what happened in the one HC Masters final that they did play in those four years? Miami 2005, Federer def. Nadal 2–6, 6–7(4–7), 7–6(7–5), 6–3, 6–1. :)

Bull crap
Since 2008 Rafa would have beaten Federer in every slam

Imperfect Angel
07-19-2012, 01:31 PM
No.

Matt01
07-19-2012, 01:49 PM

Nadal leads the H2H with Fed on HC outdoors. I have no reason to believe that Fed in any way would lead the H2H if they played more often at AO or USO, even in Fed's prime...:spit:

EliSter
07-19-2012, 01:49 PM

:haha: Whole post is just full of :facepalm:

EliSter
07-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Some comments from the OP:

A lot of people are starting to preach that Nadal's demise is near..come on guys, you cannot be serious...we are talking about a guy who played 5 out of the 6 last GS finals...you have to be delusional to think this guy will not be a threat in the next slams on all surfaces...

Nadal is a bad matchup for Federer, tennis wise and mentally also...

Federer will need to do it in 3 sets, imho, not letting his psyche to wonder...Fed has not played a brilliant series of 3 sets against Nadal since Miami 2005.

I think the odds of Fed winning against Rafa in a slam are slim.

I am a Federer proud fan, despite his H2H with Rafa, which, and here I beg to differ with Roger's opinion, counts big time in the great scheme of things. Otoh, every tennis afficionado must admit that matchups are a big issue in tennis, and Rafa is a nightmare matchup for Fed.

The psyche part of the duels with Rafa (the choking), is one of the things on which Fed seems to progress properly. Annacone instilled in him a weird sense of inferiority, which will help Fed big time. He does not enter the court looking in the mirror and saying: I am the GOAT. He runs, he chases every ball, he tries various things and he knows that beating Rafa/Djoker or Muzza is really a great deal for a 31 years old.

And that, followed by the fact that Annacone is a great tactician, gives me a glimpse of hope for a USOpen 2012 SF victory for Federer, if he will face Nadal. Not in the final, though, if the case, since I don't believe he is so strong mentally to do it in a final over 5 sets.

Time will tell.

P.S.
Could the tards give us a break, at least in this thread?

This basicly, Nadal played 5 GS finals in last 6 GS and Fed wins one and all of the sudden he gona beat him in GS? :haha: Im far away from Nadal fan but im sure he wont be beaten by Fed in GS.

Corey Feldman
07-19-2012, 01:52 PM
lets be honest here, the only slam that really matters - Wimbledon - who won the 2 out of 3 Finals between them there?

thankyou and goodbye.

Johnbert
07-19-2012, 01:55 PM
This basicly, Nadal played 5 GS finals in last 6 GS and Fed wins one and all of the sudden he gona beat him in GS? :haha: Im far away from Nadal fan but im sure he wont be beaten by Fed in GS.

if rosol can,then fed maybe too :clap2:

Orka_n
07-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Nadal leads the H2H with Fed on HC outdoors. I have no reason to believe that Fed in any way would lead the H2H if they played more often at AO or USO, even in Fed's prime...:spit:Well that is because you are stupid. :shrug:

EliSter
07-19-2012, 02:25 PM
if rosol can,then fed maybe too :clap2:

You are comparing Cows and chickens, Fed and Nadal played 28 times and Fed is clearly owned by Nadal and he have mental problems against him. Nadal - Rosol was complitely different matchup.

Matt01
07-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Well that is because you are stupid. :shrug:

The fact that had to make an insult instead of posting some reasonable arguments only proves that you are the stupid one while I am not :shrug:

Shirogane
07-19-2012, 02:57 PM
I think he will, especially if Nadal plays long enough.

Roy Emerson
07-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Best opportunity will be in Wimbledon.

FEDtheGOAT
07-19-2012, 04:37 PM

week as # 2 Nadal 241 Lendl 139

cons week as # 2 Nadal 160 Vilas 62

doesn't it sucks to be remember as the best # 2 of all time!!!

:wavey::cool:

Corey Feldman
07-19-2012, 04:57 PM

:wavey::cool::lol:

how apt a title for him

acionescu
07-19-2012, 05:05 PM

:wavey::cool:

That would have been indeed true if he hadn't been also #1 for 80 weeks :yeah:

But, of course , don't let actual facts come before a smug joke :hug:

Orka_n
07-19-2012, 05:33 PM
The fact that had to make an insult instead of posting some reasonable arguments only proves that you are the stupid one while I am not :shrug:Reasonable arguments my ass. :lol: US Open was like Fed's backyard in his prime. He is better than Nadal on fast hard courts and would have beaten him handily there.

People trying to hang Federer out as an indoor player are making fools of themselves. It's only since he became Olderer that it actually made a difference if there was a roof over the court.

Matt01
07-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Reasonable arguments my ass. :lol: US Open was like Fed's backyard in his prime. He is better than Nadal on fast hard courts and would have beaten him handily there.

Sure, sure...whatever makes you happy to believe. Fact is that the time Fed and Nadal played on a similar court to USO in Fed's prime, Dubai 2006, it was Nadal who won and not your precious fave.

But of course Fedtards here were mentioning that Miami final which Fed won when Nadal beat him in that tournament in another year during Fed's prime :spit:

Orka_n
07-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Sure, sure...whatever makes you happy to believe. Fact is that the time Fed and Nadal played on a similar court to USO in Fed's prime, Dubai 2006, it was Nadal who won and not your precious fave.

But of course Fedtards here were mentioning that Miami final which Fed won when Nadal beat him in that tournament in another year during Fed's prime :spit:You base your whole argument not on Federer's and Nadal's actual successes on the relevant venue (USO), but on one match in Dubai? :lol: Get out of here already mattyboy.

Singularity
07-19-2012, 07:29 PM

But of course Fedtards here were mentioning that Miami final which Fed won when Nadal beat him in that tournament in another year during Fed's prime :spit:
One match isn't a very big sample to draw from. From what I recall, Federer lost that match due to coming into the net at the wrong times, and some bad errors.

Matt01
07-19-2012, 07:36 PM
You base your whole argument not on Federer's and Nadal's actual successes on the relevant venue (USO), but on one match in Dubai? :lol: Get out of here already mattyboy.

At least I'm basing my opinion on something.

You OTOH have apparently based your opinion on the fact that Federer had more success on fast HCs. That is true but also a big fail beause that has nothing to do with the H2H and match-up between these two players. Nadal leads the H2H with Fed comfortably on HC outdoors.

Matt01
07-19-2012, 07:38 PM
One match isn't a very big sample to draw from. From what I recall, Federer lost that match due to coming into the net at the wrong times, and some bad errors.

Did he also have bad back in that match? ;)

Allez
07-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Roger has proven he is capable of beating Rafa in the best of three format at least of fast surfaces. Best of five...uhm...it would take a herculean effort.

Singularity
07-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Did he also have bad back in that match? ;)
Do you need to be injured to make bad decisions?

The point is that over the period of 2004 - 2009, Federer and Nadal played only 5 times on hardcourt, and only three times on outdoor hardcourt. They only met once on fast hardcourt.

There simply isn't enough data to determine how Federer at his best would have fared vs. Nadal on faster surfaces. Even now, they've still only played that single match in Dubai. And most of the times they meet it's either at AO/IW, where Federer isn't favored anyway, or at the WTF where you can simply say "it's indoors so it doesn't count".

JediFed
07-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Last year, even though he didn't win a hardcourt title - he made 4 finals. Indian Wells, Miami, USo, Tokyo.

This year he has 1 final, at the Australian Open.

Matt01
07-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Do you need to be injured to make bad decisions?

The point is that over the period of 2004 - 2009, Federer and Nadal played only 5 times on hardcourt, and only three times on outdoor hardcourt. They only met once on fast hardcourt.

There simply isn't enough data to determine how Federer at his best would have fared vs. Nadal on faster surfaces. Even now, they've still only played that single match in Dubai. And most of the times they meet it's either at AO/IW, where Federer isn't favored anyway, or at the WTF where you can simply say "it's indoors so it doesn't count".

My original reply in this thread was to a poster who claimed that Fed would lead the H2H with Nadal if they had played more often on HC. So basically you agree with me. Thanks.

rutinos harcos
07-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Reasonable arguments my ass. :lol: US Open was like Fed's backyard in his prime. He is better than Nadal on fast hard courts and would have beaten him handily there.

People trying to hang Federer out as an indoor player are making fools of themselves. It's only since he became Olderer that it actually made a difference if there was a roof over the court.

orka_n will fall.

Singularity
07-19-2012, 08:31 PM
My original reply in this thread was to a poster who claimed that Fed would lead the H2H with Nadal if they had played more often on HC. So basically you agree with me. Thanks.
I'm saying it's a possibility you shouldn't discount, just because the H2H is as it is.

Given that Federer is the aggressor in the match up, it would make sense that faster surfaces would help him. But I agree we can't know this is the case, so my position is weaker than Orka_n's.

Corey Feldman
07-19-2012, 08:46 PM
would love to have seen what Fedgod in that form would have done to Nadal at Wimbledon final this year

Gagsquet
07-19-2012, 08:50 PM
would love to have seen what Fedgod in that form would have done to Nadal at Wimbledon final this year

Five setter loss :shrug:

GSMnadal
07-19-2012, 09:43 PM

You mean what the guy, that came within 2 points of losing against an average/decent Benneteau and who lost a set to Murray in a slam final, would've done against the guy that has owned him throughout his career and who he hasn't beaten in a slam since 07?

Yeah, I wonder as well.

Corey Feldman
07-19-2012, 09:45 PM
You mean what the guy, that came within 2 points of losing against an average/decent Benneteau and who lost a set to Murray in a slam final, would've done against the guy that has owned him throughout his career and who he hasn't beaten in a slam since 07?

Yeah, I wonder as well.So you admit Nadull was 100% fit and healthy at Wimbers

GSMnadal
07-19-2012, 09:47 PM
So you admit Nadull was 100% fit and healthy at Wimbers

Don't know, but I'm certainly not blaiming his loss on that. And I think Rosol prevented a Nadal Wimbledon win, yes.

lazybear
07-19-2012, 09:50 PM

Yeah, I wonder as well.

Roger played a "little" different in the semi and in the finals than against Beneteau. Chances are, he would have beat Nadal indoors. He owns Nadal indoors.

Singularity
07-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Losing a set to Murray in a GS final is now a sign of how awful a player is?

guga2120
07-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Rafa would only get to Federer if his knees are healthy, so no. Rafa owns Federer's ass in 5 set matches.

GSMnadal
07-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Roger played a "little" different in the semi and in the finals than against Beneteau. Chances are, he would have beat Nadal indoors. He owns Nadal indoors.

Indoors sure, I forgot about the damn roof... I still like to think of Wimbledon as an outdoor tournament.

Losing a set to Murray in a GS final is now a sign of how awful a player is?

Never has someone been that crap before. Roger made history that day.

Fedex
07-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Murray would have straight setted Nadal in the semis anyway.

Clay Death
07-20-2012, 01:59 AM
no.

next.

LinkMage
07-20-2012, 02:11 AM

I remember that Dubai match. Fed schooled Nadull 6-2 in the 1st set showing Piggy how to play tennis on a HC. Then from 2nd set usual Fed going to sleep and lost the match by one break on the following sets 6-4 6-4. :o

Miami 2004 Fed was sick, he had flu. :shrug:

Matt01
07-20-2012, 09:19 PM
I remember that Dubai match. Fed schooled Nadull 6-2 in the 1st set showing Piggy how to play tennis on a HC. Then from 2nd set usual Fed going to sleep and lost the match by one break on the following sets 6-4 6-4. :o

And in that Miami final that Nadal lost he had knee problems with later in his career became chronic.

You see, I can also make excuses for my fave.

GSMnadal
07-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Murray would have straight setted Nadal in the semis anyway.

You should work for the BBC

The Fearhand
07-20-2012, 10:03 PM
If Nadal is healthy enough to reach a SF sure why not ? Sure Nadal owns Fed but Fed came close many times against Nadal could've gone either way and I think Fed is currently in form so sure why not. The more Fed-Nadal matches, the happier I will be as a tennis fan.

evilmindbulgaria
07-20-2012, 11:41 PM

A typical coward Fedtard! Federer got his ass handed to him in Miami both in 2004 and 2011, take it like a man and have some dignity!

now that you're at it, what's the excuse for Roland Garros 2008 - pre-mono?

TigerTim
07-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Nadal hits ball to Fed's backhand, Nadal wins. The Greatest Rivalry in tennis comes down to this. :lol:.

Sunset of Age
07-21-2012, 01:20 AM
If Nadal is healthy enough to reach a SF sure why not ? Sure Nadal owns Fed but Fed came close many times against Nadal could've gone either way and I think Fed is currently in form so sure why not. The more Fed-Nadal matches, the happier I will be as a tennis fan.

:yeah:

Key point is "if Nadal is ever healthy enough to reach a SF outside clay" to meet Fed.
Strangely enough that doesn't seem to happen all too often for some kind of an obscure reason. ;)

Clay Death
07-21-2012, 01:46 AM
posts from a third rate bogus ejacuzee blind haters abound here. they dont know shit from shoe polish and they want to talk tennis. amusing shit to be sure.

last time i checked they were still playing tennis on clay. they dont show up on clay to jack off. they are playing real tennis on clay with tactics, strategy, sophisticated point construction, endurance, mental and physical discipline.

in fact far more tennis is played on clay than on any other surface.

Houstonko
07-21-2012, 02:00 AM
And Nadal fake injury in Wimbledon 2007 final too, calling trainer timeout. lol...When he is healthy he won't lose to anyone.

Hola Mr. SK
07-21-2012, 02:13 AM
The Answer you r searchin' for is NO.

habibko
07-21-2012, 05:13 AM

hilarious how such Rafatards constantly attempt to talk down Federer's victories against Nadal in Wimbledon beyond all reason, what was this baby novice doing in the Wimbledon FINAL then? did he arrive there two years in a row by accident (years after he became a GS champion) or was he given a bye to the final? a player as accomplished on grass as Henman never even made it that far

as for the topic question, of course he can beat him, he should have beaten him in 2009 AO had he not gifted 2 sets with shaky service games and actually held to his serve, when he was on his game he took sets comfortably

the real question is how often will Nadal make it that far outside of RG

Mystique
07-21-2012, 07:07 AM
I definitely will never lose hope completely, but I wont hold my breath on it. Nadal is favourite against Federer in BO5 pretty much everywhere now. Doesnt mean Fed wont beat him ever though, but like I said, I wont bank on it as a fan.

GSMnadal
07-21-2012, 08:12 AM
:yeah:

Key point is "if Nadal is ever healthy enough to reach a SF outside clay" to meet Fed.
Strangely enough that doesn't seem to happen all too often for some kind of an obscure reason. ;)

The fuck is this shit?

AO 2012? (and who won that?)

And where was Federer in the USO finals of 2010 and 11? Where was Federer in the Wimbledon finals of 2010/2011? Nadal failed to reach 1 lately (Wimbledon)

The reason they don't meet outside clay is because Fed didn't get his shit together.

Roy Emerson
07-21-2012, 02:56 PM
I definitely will never lose hope completely, but I wont hold my breath on it. Nadal is favourite against Federer in BO5 pretty much everywhere now. Doesnt mean Fed wont beat him ever though, but like I said, I wont bank on it as a fan.

Indoor Wimbledon Fed would win, IMO.

jackjill888
07-21-2012, 02:57 PM
The fuck is this shit?

AO 2012? (and who won that?)

And where was Federer in the USO finals of 2010 and 11? Where was Federer in the Wimbledon finals of 2010/2011? Nadal failed to reach 1 lately (Wimbledon)

The reason they don't meet outside clay is because Fed didn't get his shit together.

so you mean to say that now rafa is a better hardcourt and grasscourt player than fed?? hmmmm you should get your shit together :worship: :sad: