Did Llodra/Zimonjic break up? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Did Llodra/Zimonjic break up?

nole_no1
07-16-2012, 11:36 PM
So? Who knows? If i'm not wrong, the last tournament they played together was at the French Open. At Wimbledon Llodra teamed up with Clement (lost against Bryans in R3) and Zimonjic with Peya (lost against Guccione/Hewitt in R1). This week Zimonjic plays again with Peya in Hamburg

KarlyM
07-17-2012, 12:05 AM
I don't think so. Wasn't Llodra's wife due to give birth the first week of Wimbledon?

nole_no1
07-17-2012, 12:16 AM
You may be right i don't know to be honest but if so i think he wouldn't have played at all...

viruzzz
07-17-2012, 01:17 AM
I heard Nenad is a "tempramental" guy, is that true?

Snowwy
07-17-2012, 04:18 AM
I heard Nenad is a "tempramental" guy, is that true?

I heard he is really just not a top level doubles player, he is in that second tier, with guys like Mirnyi and Bhupathi. Llodra would be in the top tier if he played doubles serious at all times, with the Bryans, Paes, Nestor.

Pratik
07-17-2012, 05:21 AM

It's really weird.

What happened to the Llodra Zimonjic pairing?

I think Llodra decided to play with Clement, being his last Wimbledon. He even wore a bandana for him :)

http://www.sport24.com/var/plain_site/storage/images/tennis/diaporamas/wimbledon-2e-tour2/llodra-bandana-avec-clement/13476860-2-fre-FR/Llodra-bandana-avec-Clement_full_diapos_large.jpg

Clement/Llodra play this tournament for the fun and Mika is back in France his third child is due on monday so not sut sure the'll play their next doubles ;)

From Lindsted's blog (google translate):

Nenad and Mika does not play here because Llodra and his wife are expecting a baby any day now, so Nenead would not be likely to need the leave wo and therefore chose them to play with different partners here.

I liked the other reason better though :)

Time Violation
07-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Well, at the Olympics they can't play together, it would make sense for Llodra to practice with another French? :)

louiseyuan
07-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Well, at the Olympics they can't play together, it would make sense for Llodra to practice with another French? :)

i agree with you.

Henry Chinaski
07-17-2012, 02:25 PM
I heard he is really just not a top level doubles player, he is in that second tier, with guys like Mirnyi and Bhupathi. Llodra would be in the top tier if he played doubles serious at all times, with the Bryans, Paes, Nestor.

ask nestor if mirnyi is "second tier".

max has been carrying him lately

Ibracadabra
07-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Max isn't second tier.

mreccentric
08-08-2012, 07:37 AM
What happened to Zimonjic/Llodra ? Zimonjic has kept on changing his partnerships in various tournaments. Sad that he left his best partnership with Daniel Nestor. Max Mirnyi capitalized it, and he got luckier too.

I had the same question, but in different thread. They weren't playing fully together. Looks like they've broke up, and Zimonjic should partner someone better. Maybe Bhupathi for next year?

Max isn't second tier.

But his stats/GS are not that extraordinary, so he should be in second tier.

Pratik
08-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Does anyone know when Llodra gets back?
L/Z not defending Canada.
They need to get back together fast, else it would be very tough to qualify for the WTF

mreccentric
08-08-2012, 09:19 AM
I don't know whether Zimonjic can make into the WTF. He along with Llodra stand in 11th pos in team rankings, and that's not enough to make it to WTF. They need to play more together to get in there. Right now, Zimonjic is playing in Rogers Cup, while Llodra might have taken a break after his Silver in Olympics.

mreccentric
08-15-2012, 04:36 AM
Zimonjic/Paul Hanley out of Cincinnati. Zimonjic needs to look for a formidable doubles partner.

Does anyone know when Llodra gets back?
L/Z not defending Canada.
They need to get back together fast, else it would be very tough to qualify for the WTF

They'll probably be out of WTF. Zimonjic would never play it this time.

soulage
08-15-2012, 08:57 PM
They never make a GS final together :p

I don't know what they plan for next year :scratch: but if they don't get a great US Open I think a break could be an option. I mean Zimonjic must have higher pretentions in doubles and Llodra has not the same schedule than him :unsure:

Let's see if the make WTF

mreccentric
08-16-2012, 03:29 AM
They never make a GS final together :p

I don't know what they plan for next year :scratch: but if they don't get a great US Open I think a break could be an option. I mean Zimonjic must have higher pretentions in doubles and Llodra has not the same schedule than him :unsure:

Let's see if the make WTF

WTF is very far away right now. If Rohan Bopanna teams back with Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi next year, which is scarcely quite possible. Mahesh Bhupathi will be free, so, we can see Nenad and him together. AFAIT, Nenad and Llodra will break. He might always repent on his decision of leaving Daniel Nestor.

Jimnik
08-29-2012, 06:56 AM
Will probably happen now.

mreccentric
08-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Will probably happen now.

--US Open--
I saw the doubles results after your comment. It's shocking defeats for many
Daniel Nestor/Mirnyi out,
Polish Pair Matkowski/Frystenberg out,
Llodra/Zimonjic out.

Big Upsets... Don't think Zimonjic Llodra will continue their partnership.

soulage
08-29-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure Llodra will go in Asia I think he will stay in Europe and play challengers. In that case Zimonjic will have to play with others partners.

soulage
08-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Official they have break up. http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Termine-pour-llodra/309442

Llodra will play challengers in Europe so won't go in asia but they could play together in Bale and Bercy but for next year Zimonjic search a new partner.

«Oui, c'est acté. Nenad cherche déjà un nouveau partenaire. Moi je pense que je jouerai avec un Français la saison prochaine. Je ne vais pas jouer la tournée asiatique avec Nenad mais je suis disponible pour Bâle ou Bercy s'il a besoin de moi du coup.»

mreccentric
08-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Official they have break up. http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Termine-pour-llodra/309442

Llodra will play challengers in Europe so won't go in asia but they could play together in Bale and Bercy but for next year Zimonjic search a new partner.

hmmm... whom would they partner?
With almost all top players in tucked up partnerships, i think they wont get any top doubles player.

Pratik
08-30-2012, 01:43 PM

Translated (Google Translate)

"Llodra has also announced that he would no longer play with Serbian Nenad Zimonjic in doubles next season. "Yes, it is officially recorded. Nenad already looking for a new partner. I think I will play with a French next season. I will not play the Asian Tour with Nenad but I am available for Basel and Bercy if he needs me the coup"