Players Signature Shots ?

tommyg6
07-16-2012, 10:32 PM
1. Federer is his ...
2. Djkovic is his ...
3. Nadal is his ...
4. Murray is his ...

and so on
let's debate the sole signature of every player in the top 50. the shot they are best at, their no.1 shot.

discuss.

Federer in 2
07-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Federer - Fake forehand drop shot that turns out to be a forehand slice winner ;)

Orange Wombat
07-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Fed- Inside out forehand put-away
Djokovic- crosscourt forehand lash
Nadal- topspin banana shot

tommyg6
07-16-2012, 11:04 PM
my turn,
1. Fed - Forehand down the middle
2. Nole - Backhand crosscourt
3. Nadal - Topspin forehand crosscourt
4. Murray - Backand down the middle
5. Ferrer - Movement
6. Tsonga - flat forehand down the middle
7. Berydch - flat forehand off a high spin
8. Tipsy - Down the line backhand
9. delPo - Flat Forehand down the middle
10. Almagro - Flat Backahnd down the line
11. Isner - serve
12. Fish - double handed backhand down the middle
13. Simon - forehand down the middle
14. Monaco - movement

ServeVolley
07-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Federer = cross-court forehand (aka genius)
Djokovic = cross-court backhand (I was going to say smash, but I'll be kind to Nole... )
Nadal = topspin looping forehand (aka moonball)
Murray = defensive lob (aka pushing)

asmazif
07-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Top 20:

Fed - FH everywhere
Nole - BH DTL
Nadal - banana topspin FH
Murray - BH crosscourt
Ferrer - CC FH
Tsonga - serve/drop volley
Berdych - FH DTL
Tipsy - BH DTL
Del Potro - CC FH
Isner - serve
Almagro - BH DTL
Monaco - middle of the court FH
Fish - S+V
Simon - CC BH
Cilic - CC FH
Verdacso - inside out CC FH/Double Fault
Monfils - FH DTL
Dolgo - slice
Nishikori - BH DTL
Granollers - DS/groundstroke hustles?

nole_no1
07-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Top 20:

Federer - inside-out FH
Djokovic - DTL backhand
Nadal - DTL FH (banana shot)
Murray - crosscourt FH passing
Ferrer - crosscourt FH
Tsonga - FH/Serve
Berdych - DTL FH
Tipsarevic - DTL backhand
Del Potro - Forehand
Isner - Serve
Almagro - DTL BH
Monaco - movement
Fish - DTL backhand
Simon - push, push and push :zzz:
Cilic - crosscourt FH
Verdasco - crosscourt FH
Monfils - athleticism
Dolgopolov - DTL FH
Nishikori - DTL backhand
Granollers - :confused: defence

tommyg6
07-16-2012, 11:24 PM
50. Kukushkin - Backhand down the middle
49. Haas - Single handed Backhand
48. Falla - Double handed backhand
47. Paire - Forehand crosscourt
46. Ramos - Backhand down the middle
45. Tomic - slice slice slice
44. Davydenko - forehand off the rise
43. Harrison - Forehand crosscourt
42. Haase - Backhand down the middle
41. Nalbandian - Double handed backhand
40. Baghdatis - Forehand crosscourt
39. Giraldo - dropshot

venky91
07-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Nadull and Djokovic's signature shot is causing the opponent to hit an error.

Looner
07-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Nadull and Djokovic's signature shot is causing the opponent to hit an error.

:lol:. Seriously, Novak's BH CC is lethal when on. RN's banana passing FH is an ugly thing but amazingly effective.

freedomfry
07-17-2012, 03:21 AM
people saying djokovics signature shot is backhand dtl, check with your optician or stop being sheep. imo its the cc forehand but i can see how it can be the cc backhand. bh dtl hasnt been on for quite a while.

green25814
07-17-2012, 03:39 AM
Yeah Nole's signature shot is the running/'defensive' forehand crosscourt, at least to me. But really his strength is being good at everything, doesn't really have a weak shot other than the smash/volley. Doesn't have an amazing shot either, is just good allround.

Mark Lenders
07-17-2012, 03:40 AM
Federer - inside out forehand/forehand drop shot

Djokovic - aggressive, deep returns of serve

Nadal - Topspin forehand

Murray - Defensive/blocked returns of serve

Ferrer - Pushing

Tsonga - drop volley

Berdych - forehand down the line

Tipsarevic - backhand down the line

Del Potro - forehand on the run

Almagro - backhand down the line

Isner - kick second serve

Monaco - pushing

Fish - serve and volley

Simon - pushing

Cilic - defensive/blocked return of serve

Verdasco - crosscourt forehand

Monfils - forehand down the line

Dolgopolov - slice

Nishikori - backhand down the line

Granollers - pushing

Gasquet - crosscourt backhand

Kohlschreiber - crosscourt backhand

Raonic - first serve

Florian Mayer - slice

Wawrinka - backhand in general, both crosscourt and down the line

Nalbandian - topspin backhand

chenx15
07-17-2012, 03:49 AM
my all time fave, federer inside in forehand

STUHL
07-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Kohli is the definitly the Backhand DTL

asmazif
07-17-2012, 09:02 AM
people saying djokovics signature shot is backhand dtl, check with your optician or stop being sheep. imo its the cc forehand but i can see how it can be the cc backhand. bh dtl hasnt been on for quite a while.

Nole's signature shot has always been the BH DTL, he doesn't use it quite as much as he used to, but the question isn't 'which shot do they hit the most', because the answer would unanimously be 'the serve' for everyone. His CC FH has improved a lot/become much more of a feature since the start of 2011, yes.

21-40:

Gasquet - BH DTL and CC
Kohli - BH DTL
Raonic - Serve
Mayer - all sorts of funky slices
Wawrinka - BH CC
Steps - Volley
Roddick - Serve
Seppi - FH
Youzhny - BH DTL
Lalo - Serve/slice
Troicki - middle of the court FH
Benny - CC groundstrokes
Anderson - serve
Istomin - CC approach shot
Melzer - IO FH DTL
Andujar - IO topspin FH CC
Berlocq - CC BH
Nalbandian = CC BH
Nemo - IO FH to the left-court
Haase - FH DTL

GSMnadal
07-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Nole's signature shot has always been the BH DTL, he doesn't use it quite as much as he used to, but the question isn't 'which shot do they hit the most', because the answer would unanimously be 'the serve' for everyone. His CC FH has improved a lot/become much more of a feature since the start of 2011, yes.

21-40:

Gasquet - BH DTL and CC
Kohli - BH DTL
Raonic - Serve
Mayer - all sorts of funky slices
Wawrinka - BH CC
Steps - Volley
Roddick - Serve
Seppi - FH
Youzhny - BH DTL
Lalo - Serve/slice
Troicki - middle of the court FH
Benny - CC groundstrokes
Anderson - serve
Istomin - CC approach shot
Melzer - IO FH DTL
Andujar - IO topspin FH CC
Berlocq - CC BH
Nalbandian = CC BH
Nemo - IO FH to the left-court
Haase - FH DTL

No way do they hit the serve the most, one backhand to backhand pushrally from Simon/Monfils contains about 50 backhand cc shots :lol:

asmazif
07-17-2012, 09:15 AM
No way do they hit the serve the most, one backhand to backhand pushrally from Simon/Monfils contains about 50 backhand cc shots :lol:

:lol: i did actually think of that rally after I posted it.

ossie
07-17-2012, 09:29 AM
people saying djokovics signature shot is backhand dtl, check with your optician or stop being sheep. imo its the cc forehand but i can see how it can be the cc backhand. bh dtl hasnt been on for quite a while.exactly. it is the cc forehand that is djokers money shot. the consistency of it especially. it rips open the opponents defense and almost always sets up the winner in the next couple of shots. it is also the reason why he has been so succesful against nadal imo.

duarte_a
07-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Federer's is the BH flick. He made this shot countless times and it is beautiful and extremely difficult to make. :drool:

Slice Winner
07-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Federer's is clearly the "whiffed backhand".
Djoker's is any overhead.
Nadal's is the lethal flat DTL backhand winner.
Don't forget Murray's "dropshot that bounces before the net", along with the vicious "failed ball toss".
Ferrer's is no doubt his S&V combo - cannon serve, followed by laser-accurate punch volleys.
Tsonga's signature shot is not a shot, but his unrelenting composure in the face of adversity. His mental strength and focus is the stuff of legend.
Berdych's signature shot is the sliced backhand approach shot, which always puts him in really good position. To see the pass go right by him.
Tipsarevic's signature shot is attempting to hit a FH on the BH side by turning the racquet upside down.
Del Potro's signature shot is the fake approach shot. He gets nearly to the service line, then scampers back, leaving the opponent dazed and confused.
Almagro's is the 'body blow' - he will literally try to kill you and your family if given the chance.
Isner uses his height to create beautiful short angles with the wide variety of spins he can produce from his BH wing.
Simon - slice winner DTL.
Mardy Fish - flat FH DTL.
Juan Monaco - not a shot, but a tactic of lulling the opponent to sleep by losing 14 games in a row. Just when the opponent has drifted off to sleep, HE POUNCES.
Marin Cilic clearly tries to emulate his hero Ivanisevic by using his signature serve and volley as often as he can.
Verdasco's signature shot is 'smile to the camera, wearing only underwear'.
Monfils - left handed FH.
Dolgopolov - his relatively safe, high percentage first serve actually puts him in good position to win a lot of points.
Nishikori - overhead.
Gasquet - forehand on the rise/half volley winner.
Raonic - any groundstroke.
Stepanek - moonball topspin forehand.
Roddick - approach shot.
Davydenko - favourite shot is vodka (in Red Bull).

asmazif
07-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Too good.

n8
07-17-2012, 02:46 PM
:haha:

duarte_a
07-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Federer's is clearly the "whiffed backhand".
Djoker's is any overhead.
Nadal's is the lethal flat DTL backhand winner.
Don't forget Murray's "dropshot that bounces before the net", along with the vicious "failed ball toss".
Ferrer's is no doubt his S&V combo - cannon serve, followed by laser-accurate punch volleys.
Tsonga's signature shot is not a shot, but his unrelenting composure in the face of adversity. His mental strength and focus is the stuff of legend.
Berdych's signature shot is the sliced backhand approach shot, which always puts him in really good position. To see the pass go right by him.
Tipsarevic's signature shot is attempting to hit a FH on the BH side by turning the racquet upside down.
Del Potro's signature shot is the fake approach shot. He gets nearly to the service line, then scampers back, leaving the opponent dazed and confused.
Almagro's is the 'body blow' - he will literally try to kill you and your family if given the chance.
Isner uses his height to create beautiful short angles with the wide variety of spins he can produce from his BH wing.
Simon - slice winner DTL.
Mardy Fish - flat FH DTL.
Juan Monaco - not a shot, but a tactic of lulling the opponent to sleep by losing 14 games in a row. Just when the opponent has drifted off to sleep, HE POUNCES.
Marin Cilic clearly tries to emulate his hero Ivanisevic by using his signature serve and volley as often as he can.
Verdasco's signature shot is 'smile to the camera, wearing only underwear'.
Monfils - left handed FH.
Dolgopolov - his relatively safe, high percentage first serve actually puts him in good position to win a lot of points.
Nishikori - overhead.
Gasquet - forehand on the rise/half volley winner.
Raonic - any groundstroke.
Stepanek - moonball topspin forehand.
Roddick - approach shot.
Davydenko - favourite shot is vodka (in Red Bull).

:worship:

Nole Rules
10-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Djokovic - Backhand on full stretch. No doubt it's his most brilliant shot. Very unique shot imo. I don't even know how many times he pulled off sick BH winners on full stretch. His balance on the BH wing is just unreal.

Nadal - The banana passing shot - Extremely unique shot. No one can do it as good as Nadal. Everyone remembers Nadal whenever they see anyone playing a decent banana shot.

Federer - Maybe half volley?! Well I'll let his fans decide this. He has many great shots so I'm not sure which one is his signature shot.

Murray - Drop shot. His drop shot looks really unique to me and very effective at the same time. Even Andy himself said it's his fav shot.

Del Potro - Super flat Forehand CC at full power - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RcxYFBOehU.:worship: This shot to me shows Delpo's full potential.

Tsonga - Stop volley/Drop volley - Just go watch his match vs Nadal in AO 2008. Some SICK drop/stop volleying from Jo in that day.

Ferrer - Inside out FH - It's certainly his best shot but there are many who have a better inside out FH than him.

Berdych - Not sure which shot is his signature shot. Maybe FH inside out.

Tipsarevic - Backhand DTL - His BH DTL is top 3 at the very least at the moment.

I will leave the other players to you guys.

The Prince
10-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Monaco - Backhand push down the middle.

Looner
10-07-2012, 12:45 PM
For Federer, I'd say his half volley pick-ups time and again is most definitely a signature shot. For Berdych, I'd go for his IO FH. The way he sets it up is easy sometimes and then he goes whaam and blows the ball away.

Satasonic
10-07-2012, 12:48 PM
I dont know what you guys are talking about, but Federer has the greatest Cross Court forehand of all time. When he whips it from the middle of the court to the left side, its usually the end of the point.

Djokovic is definitely the stretch backhand. Its nothing special, unless he gets a winner from a defensive position. On the other hand, Agassi stretched quite nicely, either. Not as good as Djokovic, but definitely up there.

Nadal- any type of forehand. Its unique in every way. Looks ugly, though, but tennis isnt a game of aesthetics.

Berdych- one of the GOAT players in putting short balls away. Notice how many times Berdych fails to put away a short ball- its close to 0 in most matches. Its ridiculous how both his forehand and backhand shots can put away short balls.

Slasher1985
10-07-2012, 12:55 PM

Sanya
10-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Federer - CC forehand, no doubt.

Richie - backhand down the line after long rally when he finally decides to go for winner. :drool:

Just like heaven
10-07-2012, 01:00 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb5pmpSanr1r7exs2o1_500.gif

Nr 1 Fan
10-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Oscar Hernandez - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJKNN3XFJUA

Nr 1 Fan
10-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Del Potro - Super flat Forehand CC at full power - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RcxYFBOehU.:worship: This shot to me shows Delpo's full potential.

That is just :drool:

Federer&Hingis
10-07-2012, 01:41 PM

:superlol: :superlol: :superlol:

:devil: Nadull's butt picking shot.

http://www.mailintalks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/pickassnadal.jpg

Federer in 2
10-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Federer - Fake drop shot/slice winner :drool:
Djokovic - Running BH, lobs.
Nadal - Banana :banana:
Murray - Hmm tough one. I'd say passing shots from both wings.
Ferrer - Inside out FH :drool:
Berdych - Inside out FH (cross court)
Tsonga - Kamikaze 'close your eyes and pray for it to land in' FH
Delpo - Flat FH
Tipsy - Flat FH

Fujee
10-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Rog's inside out forehand surely?

Nadal's banana shot is so awesome!

Fujee
10-07-2012, 01:57 PM
There is a whole playlist for his inside out fh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CHxdG9eMHM&playnext=1&list=PLCC08C01D2596F89B&feature=results_main

BroTree123
10-07-2012, 01:59 PM
This thread is the reason why I love tennis.

Freak3yman84
10-07-2012, 02:21 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=206404&highlight=shot

70-68
10-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Verdasco - double fault

Absolute Anthropoid
10-07-2012, 02:42 PM
^ :superlol:

Dick Rod - approach shot

BroTree123
10-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Tsonga - 2nd serve return.

kiriri***
10-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Verdasco - double fault
:haha::haha::haha:

Fed fordawin
10-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Fed has hit so many unique shots, but the one he keeps doing quite often and that I've never seen anyone else hit is the fake dropshot slice winner.

deyaT87
10-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Verdasco - double fault

:superlol:

Fujee
10-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Fed's smash off the smash :drool:

MuzzahLovah
10-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Roger's half volley from the baseline is truly unique- lots of people have great forehands, but no one can re-direct huge shots skidding off the baseline quite like Roger.

MuzzahLovah
10-07-2012, 03:35 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1150295/andyepic_medium.gif

finishingmove
10-07-2012, 03:38 PM
I dont know what you guys are talking about, but Federer has the greatest Cross Court forehand of all time. When he whips it from the middle of the court to the left side, its usually the end of the point.

playing like that is what lost him the 2009 USO final to a player with a better cc forehand

federer's signature shots are tweeners and sliced overheads.

Nole Rules
10-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Tsonga - 2nd serve return.

:spit:

DanaKz
10-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Nobody mentioned Monils's "a la Greg Louganis" dives?

asmazif
10-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Brian Battistone - ROS

redshift36188
10-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Pretty much agree with OP's list. To me, Fed' trademark shot is the half volley too as it represents the essence of his game - anticipation.

Filo V.
10-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Filippo Volandri=best running 1HBH in the business.

samanosuke
10-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Cilic - Cilic

Looner
10-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Fed has hit so many unique shots, but the one he keeps doing quite often and that I've never seen anyone else hit is the fake dropshot slice winner.

Not consistent enough to be a signature shot though. It's truly unique in his game (as is he smash smash winner and the hot dog) but he can't use it often enough to be called a signature shot. So with that being said, half volleys off any kind of shot his opponent plays it is. I mean a recent example is Nadull in the wind in that IW SF. That was some sick BHs he was playing. Truly genius.

Nr 1 Fan
10-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Brian Baker - Return of second serve with the backhand

Nr 1 Fan
10-07-2012, 06:45 PM
John Isner - 2nd serve kick

stebs
10-07-2012, 06:52 PM
For me, Federer's signature shot is the backhand flick pass. That is extremely idiomatic of Federer. Nalbandian has the rolled backhand that has a lot of spin and creates a short angle. That's probably his signature and certainly one of my favourite shots of any player. I recall Rios was also fond of it, typically used by players who are considered to be prodigious talents.

Orange Wombat
10-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Monfils- sliding split legged pick up forehand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBycgNX5XLs

F Mayer- Jumping drop shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBd0pERPaSU
Go to 4:00

Paire- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfnU9xx0qAQ

JUmping Tweener fail http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTeuPt6_KdA Here is a succesful one.

GSMnadal
10-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Verdasco - double fault

:lol:

DhRVK-zfn-Q

But he did win the match :bowdown:

The Prince
10-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Flo Mayer's bunny hop drop shot.

HKz
10-07-2012, 08:36 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb5pmpSanr1r7exs2o1_500.gif

Very nice shot, definitely one of the shots I remember from the first moment of seeing it. I still find it funny though how much clearance Rafa has to give the ball even though he is hitting around the post, haha. Federer flattens that shit just a couple feet off the ground :lol:

Ibracadabra
10-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Gooch - Forehand blocked return

StevoTG
10-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Hewitt - topspin backhand lob.

Honestly
10-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Fed has loads. Half volley, drop shot, fake drop shot and then slice, the hotdog, cc fh, inside out fh. His sig shot is pretty much his magic.

guyha4
10-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Sela -backhand down the line!
Murray backhand defensive slice

Honestly
10-07-2012, 09:03 PM
NAdal's fh running pass is certainly a sig shot. Or just the way he makes impossible shot from impossible angles. Djokovic's bh.

Honestly
10-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Forgot about the bh flick from Roger. Another extremely difficult shot :worship:

feuselino
10-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Federer's most insane half-volley...
http://youtu.be/R2OcNKr011E?t=1m14s

Looner
10-07-2012, 09:31 PM

I don't think I'll ever forget that shot from that particular tournament together with the BH past the net he made against Dull as well as the MP against the same dull opponent.

Hewitt - topspin backhand lob.
This cannot/should not be disputed.

The Fearhand
10-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Hardly amazing by any means but I still remember this one...pretty cool.

http://i.imgur.com/aaM6q.gif

http://uploadir.com/u/bzw9wu31

Tag
10-07-2012, 11:27 PM
djokovic - overhead smash

nadal - serve and volleys

federer - backhand

The Prince
10-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Nicolas Almagro - Body shot.

out_grinder
10-08-2012, 12:31 AM
djokovic - overhead smash

nadal - serve and volleys

federer - backhand

ferrer - 155mph 2nd serve

murray - inside-out forehand

Freak3yman84
10-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Nicolas Almagro - Body shot.

Tomas Mugbych - Crybaby volley.

:fiery:

Asadinator
10-08-2012, 02:09 AM
Tomic - Topspin dropshot

Topspindoctor
10-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Noserer: shanked backhand.

Honestly
10-08-2012, 02:16 AM

The GOAT and Dull's 2012 seasons still hurting :awww:

Topspindoctor
10-08-2012, 02:20 AM
The GOAT and Dull's 2012 seasons still hurting :awww:

Not really, what's really hurting is Noserer's destruction by Mandy in Olympics final. That gold medal meant so much to the old man, I guess he'll have to wait until Rio to compete in mixed doubles. If Hingis manages to stay sober for the entire tournament, the geezer will have 2 gold medals in doubles. Legendary.

Freak3yman84
10-08-2012, 02:21 AM

So then shanked forehand for Rafito, no?

Honestly
10-08-2012, 02:22 AM
Not really, what's really hurting is Noserer's destruction by Mandy in Olympics final. That gold medal meant so much to the old man, I guess he'll have to wait until Rio to compete in mixed doubles. If Hingis manages to stay sober for the entire tournament, the geezer will have 2 gold medals in doubles. Legendary.

Who is it hurting? Definitely not me and it didn't seem to hurt the old man that much either. He seemed very proud of his sliver medal :shrug:

Topspindoctor
10-08-2012, 02:23 AM
So then shanked forehand for Rafito, no?

Nadal doesn't shank forehands. It's as impossible as Olderer not going for his weekly pedicure.

Topspindoctor
10-08-2012, 02:24 AM
Who is it hurting? Definitely not me and it didn't seem to hurt the old man that much either. He seemed very proud of his sliver medal :shrug:

Being proud of losing gold medal to a clown like Mandy is something that is impossible to understand. :shrug:

Honestly
10-08-2012, 02:25 AM
Nadal doesn't shank forehands. It's as impossible as Olderer not going for his weekly pedicure.

17>11 still hurting :awww:

Slice Winner
10-08-2012, 02:25 AM

The 1/2 volley is amazing, but that clip is INSANE.
I count 13 backhand down-the-line winners in that one clip/match. That's more than certain players hit in a week.
His BH was GOAT-level for that match. The low-bouncing/faster courts really suit the 1 hander.

Slice Winner
10-08-2012, 02:26 AM
Someone gif Topspin doc some of Nadal's shanked FHs against Verdasco in Madrid.

Freak3yman84
10-08-2012, 02:27 AM

http://youtu.be/cjbLZ4tzSp0?t=52s ;) :p

Topspindoctor
10-08-2012, 02:32 AM
I'll steer this thread back on topic and ignore Noserertards trolling attempts.

Ladies and gents, behold: greatest forehand in history on display. Surely beats Noserer girly forehands anyday :awww:

Vu9_dWGG8Ls

Freak3yman84
10-08-2012, 02:34 AM
I'll steer this thread back on topic and ignore Noserertards trolling attempts.

Ladies and gents, behold: greatest forehand in history on display. Surely beats Noserer girly forehands anyday :awww:

Vu9_dWGG8Ls

So because he has a great forehand, that means Rafito never shanks, no?

Topspindoctor
10-08-2012, 02:37 AM
17>11 :d

Stop being such a parrot and repeating same thing time and time again. Every real tennis fan knowns Noserer won most of his slams in mug era. (2003-2007). So Nadal's 11 slams are worth twice as much because he actually played against decent competition. 11x2=22. 22>17 :wavey:

Honestly
10-08-2012, 02:42 AM
Dull's signature shot is his moonballs, bh flick, and half-volley pickup :worship:

Slice Winner
10-08-2012, 02:43 AM
Gonna have to do the honours myself.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OzSKCbJQcZc/T60D76AnTjI/AAAAAAAAAB8/uKM-L2Y8uP4/s1600/vhy.gif

It's almost as if Topspindoc is just actually a troll, instead of an idiot child. I hold out hope yet.

Federer in 2
10-08-2012, 02:44 AM
Trollspindoctor, you just made even more of a clown out of yourself :haha:

Honestly
10-08-2012, 02:47 AM
Gonna have to do the honours myself.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OzSKCbJQcZc/T60D76AnTjI/AAAAAAAAAB8/uKM-L2Y8uP4/s1600/vhy.gif

It's almost as if Topspindoc is just actually a troll, instead of an idiot child. I hold out hope yet.

Didn't even reach the middle of the net :worship:

Topspindoctor
10-08-2012, 02:48 AM
lol @ trolls in the thread. Nadal's FH is the greatest shot in the history of the sport, everbody who watched tennis for more than 10 minutes will not argue with that. He can hit flat, topspin, banana shots, on the run, down the line and cross court at will. Noserer fanatics overrate his FH majorly, it's a decent shot when on, but he shanks is half the time when he's having an off day. Obviously because Noserer has so many clueless fangirls every aspect of his game is overrated, forehand included, which is a good shot, but nowhere near peak Nadal, hope this helps :wavey:

out_grinder
10-08-2012, 02:48 AM
Stop being such a parrot and repeating same thing time and time again. Every real tennis fan knowns Noserer won most of his slams in mug era. (2003-2007). So Nadal's 11 slams are worth twice as much because he actually played against decent competition. 11x2=22. 22>17 :wavey:

At least he repeats the same phrase over and over again. A phrase is made of multiple words, whereas you mainly just say one word over and over: mug.

Freak3yman84
10-08-2012, 02:50 AM
lol @ trolls in the thread. Nadal's FH is the greatest shot in the history of the sport, everbody who watched tennis for more than 10 minutes will not argue with that. He can hit flat, topspin, banana shots, on the run, down the line and cross court at will. Noserer fanatics overrate his FH majorly, it's a decent shot when on, but he shanks is half the time when he's having an off day. Obviously because Noserer has so many clueless fangirls every aspect of his game is overrated, forehand included, which is a good shot, but nowhere near peak Nadal, hope this helps :wavey:

Nobody denied that Nadal has a better FH... You just said that Nadal never shanks off of that wing :p

Honestly
10-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Nadal's fh is only good for clay. It sucks hard on faster surfaces, as evidenced by his lack of titles outside of clay.

But one thing I have to hand to him is his ability to serve-and-volley. That only comes from natural talent and great hands.

Topspindoctor
10-08-2012, 03:01 AM
Nadal's fh is only good for clay. It sucks hard on faster surfaces, as evidenced by his lack of titles outside of clay.

But one thing I have to hand to him is his ability to serve-and-volley. That only comes from natural talent and great hands.

S&V is an archaic practice that has no place in today's game. Thankfully. 90's tennis was pure torture with net rushing clowns winning slams left and right. Today's game exposed their lack of game, talent and fitness. But this is a discussion for other time. Had Nadal the fortune of playing in an era where men had the height and strength of girls and winning a title required you to beat a couple of amateur clowns, he'd have 30 slams and 200 titles easily.

Honestly
10-08-2012, 03:20 AM
S&V is an archaic practice that has no place in today's game. Thankfully. 90's tennis was pure torture with net rushing clowns winning slams left and right. Today's game exposed their lack of game, talent and fitness. But this is a discussion for other time. Had Nadal the fortune of playing in an era where men had the height and strength of girls and winning a title required you to beat a couple of amateur clowns, he'd have 30 slams and 200 titles easily.

This may come as a surprise to you but no one on these boards aside from your delusional Dulltard buddies take you seriously. You are the laughing stock and punching bag of this forum. Time to find a new hobby dude.

Topspindoctor
10-08-2012, 03:27 AM
This may come as a surprise to you but no one on these boards aside from your delusional Dulltard buddies take you seriously. You are the laughing stock and punching bag of this forum. Time to find a new hobby dude.

Hmm, for someone that has joined this forum quite recently and been banned for most of your stay, you sure seem knowledgable. What was your previous banned account? Magician? :lol:

Freak3yman84
10-08-2012, 03:32 AM
Hmm, for someone that has joined this forum quite recently and been banned for most of your stay, you sure seem knowledgable. What was your previous banned account? Magician? :lol:

It doesn't take too long to realize. :wavey:

Honestly
10-08-2012, 03:34 AM

Oh the double account card again. Whether I'm a double account or not doesn't change the fact that you are wasting your time here.

manadrainer
10-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Fed hits so many insane shots it's difficult to pick one.

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Rafa's signature shot are his sick passing shots from impossible positions: most players wouldn't even get to those balls, let alone hitting clean winners.

Maybe he hadn't many occasions to use them since players get to the net rarely, but as a Fed fan I often wondered how could Rafa hit those shots. :)

duarte_a
10-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Roger's is the BH flick. Extremely difficult to execute and a thing of beauty.

Looner
10-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Stop fucking over threads because Topspinny comes in and starts crying his baby hasn't been seen for 6 months. Show some understanding and show him a few shanked FHs from the Soderking's 2009 win :drool:.

MinioNole
10-08-2012, 11:42 AM
http://www.itsalreadysigned4u.com/shop/media/images/product_detail/ndjokovic8x10.jpg

http://www.itsalreadysigned4u.com/shop/media/images/product_detail/rog1.jpg

http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img/item/117/833/739/idKZ.jpg

http://www.sportsignings.com/images/products/products/TENNIS/wim8.jpg

Ash86
10-08-2012, 07:59 PM

Nole's definitely the dullest. Andy's is rubbish too. Fedal ruling the classy signature stakes - will give it to Nadal for adding the legible bit at the bottom too and the "Best wishes" - some effort for the fans. :p

Slasher1985
10-08-2012, 08:01 PM
http://www.itsalreadysigned4u.com/shop/media/images/product_detail/ndjokovic8x10.jpg

This one is in my signature as well.:D

leng jai
10-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Federer: topspin backhand dropshot.
Haas: net rush volley fail.
Djokovic: lightning bolt smash.
Nadal: moonball slice.

Fujee
10-08-2012, 11:50 PM
I actually think one of Nadal's signature shots is the defensive lob at full stretch, countless times that one has got him out of trouble and back in the point, and alot of the time he works his way back in and slams a forehand winner off somewhere. Good shit.

Slice Winner
10-08-2012, 11:52 PM
I actually think one of Nadal's signature shots is the defensive lob at full stretch, countless times that one has got him out of trouble and back in the point, and alot of the time he works his way back in and slams a forehand winner off somewhere. Good shit.

Djokovic and Muzza also have this shot.

Fujee
10-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Yeah but Nadal does it best

Looner
10-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Anyone who runs and reaches for far out balls has that shot, including Roger. It's not really unique. The fact Nadal gets it in court so often is just a testament to his animalistic ability to run like mad and his luck as well.

Slice Winner
10-09-2012, 01:30 AM
Anyone who runs and reaches for far out balls has that shot, including Roger. It's not really unique. The fact Nadal gets it in court so often is just a testament to his animalistic ability to run like mad and his luck as well.

Nope, Nadal, Djoker and Muzz have an uncanny ability to put their extreme-reach defensive lobs right back to the opponent's baseline.
Roge rarely puts up defensive lobs these days.

redshift36188
10-09-2012, 01:33 AM
Nadal's FH is the greatest shot in the history of the sport, everbody who watched tennis for more than 10 minutes will not argue with that. He can hit flat, topspin, banana shots, on the run, down the line and cross court at will.
Don't think he can, lol.

Topspindoctor
10-09-2012, 01:43 AM
Don't think he can, lol.

Never watched a single Nadal match then. At his best his forehand is the perfect combination of spin and pace. He can hit 180 kmh with 4000+rpm. Nobody on tour comes close.

Honestly
10-09-2012, 01:49 AM
Don't think he can, lol.

Nadal can't hit flat if he trained for a million hours. He is just not talented enough. He moonballs. That's his 'thing' :lol:

Topspindoctor
10-09-2012, 01:52 AM
Nadal can't hit flat if he trained for a million hours. He is just not talented enough. He moonballs. That's his 'thing' :lol:

And yet Noserer gets owned by the moonballs :lol: Tells you a lot about the GOAT if a player who only moonballs can have a 18:10 H2H against him :lol:

Freak3yman84
10-09-2012, 01:56 AM
There was 1 fluke Nadal flat FH, but other then that all he can hit is spinning moonballs.

Vu9_dWGG8Ls

Topspindoctor
10-09-2012, 02:14 AM
^^ That ain't a fluke :lol:

Nadal hits a lot of forehands with traditional follow through. His "helicopter" forehand is something he used to generate massive spin, even Noserer uses that type of follow through in many of his forehands :wavey:

Freak3yman84
10-09-2012, 02:15 AM
^^ That ain't a fluke :lol:

Nadal hits a lot of forehands with traditional follow through. His "helicopter" forehand is something he used to generate massive spin, even Noserer uses that type of follow through in many of his forehands :wavey:

Find me more then...

Topspindoctor
10-09-2012, 02:17 AM
Find me more then...

I am not your personal serving wench. If you want to see more, go on to youtube, I am sure even a dullard like yourself can use the search function there.

Freak3yman84
10-09-2012, 02:19 AM
I am not your personal serving wench. If you want to see more, go on to youtube, I am sure even a dullard like yourself can use the search function there.

That's what I thought. That was his only flat forehand :p

Honestly
10-09-2012, 02:33 AM
Nadal's sig shot his his bh slice, half-volley pickups at the net, and serve-and-volley game. If he played in teh era when grass was still grass he would have won at least 7 Wimbys with his serve-and-volley game.

Topspindoctor
10-09-2012, 02:35 AM
Nadal's sig shot his his bh slice, half-volley pickups at the net, and serve-and-volley game. If he played in teh era when grass was still grass he would have won at least 7 Wimbys with his serve-and-volley game.

Agreed, and if Noserer could play on clay properly instead of just serving and shanking, maybe he'd have a calendar slam by now and not be Nadal's turkey on clay. :sad:

Thirty All
10-09-2012, 03:09 AM
Nadal: moonballs
Murray: Fault Serve