The Tour: Indie Tennis Film - supported by Isner and others [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Tour: Indie Tennis Film - supported by Isner and others

Ash86
07-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Former pro Jeremy Mitchell has gotten into film making since ending his career - he's hoping to get funding for a feature film about life on the futures circuit. They've made a promo film and have got a Kickstarter page for donations - actually looks decent - so check it out - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thetourfilm/the-tour-an-indie-feature-film :)

WasNHNLaLJ4

There's a video about the making of the movie and it has Isner, Sweeting etc. backing it.

Allez
07-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Cheers for that! Love it already.

Freak3yman84
07-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Great idea! Sounds and looks a lot better than Wimbledon the movie :o :lol: :haha: :superlol:

Johnny Groove
07-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Love it, absolutely.

HDW
07-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Looks cool. At first I thought it might have been a documentary about being on tour, travelling the world, following players ect.

Chris Kuerten
07-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Good to see Dustin Brown pursuing an acting career.

CooCooCachoo
07-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks for posting, could be quite interesting if the funds come through.

Orange Wombat
07-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Cool :apumpkin: I really want to see this be made!

Ace Pounder
07-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Indie + Tennis = a huge WIN, in my book.

RyanKP
07-16-2012, 10:47 PM
I hope this movie gets made too. I love tennis, and I love movies. As such, I will at least try to watch any movie with tennis in it, so to see a movie with some actual quality tennis action would be a godsend. Also, I decided to follow the movie's official twitter feed, and Brad almost immediately followed me back. Good stuff. (BTW, that brings my total # of followers up to 1.)

Fujee
07-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Awesome! Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Ash86
07-16-2012, 11:56 PM
What I love is how the "rewards" correlate to tennis too - a $10 pledge is "beginner" level, $25 = junior, $50 = academy, then college, futures, challengers ($250 pledge), ATP, Masters ($750), Grand Slam ($1000), GOAT level = pledges of $5000 or more!

Some nice rewards too - worth chipping in a few dollars - with the large MTF readership we should be able to help out a bit! Would be awesome to see a real tennis movie - there are so many boxing and other sports movies but never tennis - it's time for one. :)

Freak3yman84
11-22-2012, 02:41 AM
Any news on it?

Chris Kuerten
11-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Any news on it?Well folks it looks like our time has expired here on Kickstarter without reaching our goal. Do we wish we'd made it? Of course. Will we give up? Never. Over the course of this campaign we've been met with so much inspiring feedback and enthusiasm that we know The Tour is a movie that has to be made. So to everyone that has donated, shared, or even just watched, THANK YOU!. The Tour is about embracing the journey on the road to the top. We're on The Tour, we're never going to give up, and we're never going to get off it.

We'll soon be putting up another campaign using all that we've learned, and we'll keep pushing until we reach our goal. Since kickstarter won't allow us to update once this campaign ends, please check our website at www.thetourfilm.com or our Facebook: facebook.com/thetourfilm or Twitter: twitter.com/thetourfilm to find out where the new campaign will be put up. Thanks and we'll see you at our next Tour stop! - Jeremy and BradThat was in July, no news since then.

zebedee
11-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Those old tennis films (Wimbledon etc) always deflate me when the guy or gal playing the lead first picks up their racquet to play and you see they can't really play. That to me is always the defining moment when you realise the film is just a pile of garbage. Tennis films are difficult films to make with any credibility unless the on-court action is largely irrelevant to the plot. This one, by contrasts, looks promising as the action is realistic.

Freak3yman84
11-22-2012, 02:43 PM
That was in July, no news since then.

Interesting. Thanks.

abraxas21
11-22-2012, 02:55 PM
great news.

they should iterview fedclown, faker and pocahontas. i want to see how hard life in the circuit is when you're a top player

Freak3yman84
11-22-2012, 03:01 PM
great news.

they should iterview fedclown, faker and pocahontas. i want to see how hard life in the circuit is when you're a top player

It must be hard for Olderer when he knows he can get any girl he wants, but is stuck with Mirka. :superlol:

Mountaindewslave
11-22-2012, 04:56 PM
it would be a dream come true to have a realistic tennis film come out. it would have to be indie of course with a limited budget because big markets just won't show up to see a film about tennis, ala America. I dig this concept though, great promo trailer

Pirata.
11-22-2012, 06:46 PM
It must be hard for Olderer when he knows he can get any girl he wants, but is stuck with Mirka. :superlol:

:rolleyes: