Ljubo: " Nadal sabotaged me " [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ljubo: " Nadal sabotaged me "

samanosuke
07-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Interesting interview with Ljubo in Croatian newspaper. He was talking about elections for player's representative in ATP board which he lost to Giorgo Di Palermo.

Some Ljubo's quotes:

" I knew Nadal did everything what was in his power against me. He was never more directly. He gave resignation in Miami but continued to lob for his favorites. Never with more power. "

" Don't know what I did wrong to Rafa. Maybe he was insulted because I said that I want to see Fed winning Roland Garros back in 2006. If it is because of this I am glad with it. "

" Or maybe he is bothered with my friendly relationship with Federer "

Ljubo on FedßRafa friendship

" That are stories. They respect each other and that's all. You surely won't see them together at the dinner. They aren't that good "

http://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nadal-gurnuo-ljubu-niz-stepenice---valjda-mu-smeta-sto-sam-dobar-s-federerom-/1041429/

bokehlicious
07-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Truba :worship:

Rafa is the GOAT
07-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Ljubicic sould just shut up

rickcastle
07-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Nadal is supposed to be the humble one but he has more actual feuds with other players than the rest of the top 4 combined :facepalm:

GSMnadal
07-16-2012, 03:11 PM
whatever Ljubo :rolleyes:

Lleyton_
07-16-2012, 03:14 PM
http://wiki.urbandead.com/images/9/98/Popcorn.gif

Mae
07-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Where is the evidence?

Just like heaven
07-16-2012, 03:15 PM
He was talking about elections for player's representative in ATP board which he lost to Giorgo Di Palermo.

:bigclap:

Li Ching Yuen
07-16-2012, 03:16 PM
No true mafioso ever forgets, Ljuba Truba. ;)

r2473
07-16-2012, 03:17 PM
" Don't know what I did wrong to Rafa. Maybe he was insulted because I said that I want to see Fed winning Roland Garros back in 2006. If it is because of this I am glad with it. "

"who's the real #2, bitch"?

Mae
07-16-2012, 03:17 PM

:superlol: I wish we had that as a smilie here :lol: :rolls:

tripwires
07-16-2012, 03:21 PM
:haha:

Looner
07-16-2012, 03:21 PM
All I want to see is Rosol smashing Nadal at RG with Ljubicic in his box. It would be a true dream come true :angel:.

:bigclap:

Funny you should say that because Nadal is of the most bitter losers on the ATP tour, even if he hides it like a PR pro.

sweetkit
07-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Rafi brought us brand new meaning of the humble word.

Backhand_Maestro
07-16-2012, 03:24 PM

:D

Fed fordawin
07-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Ljubo spreading the truth as usual. Only blind fangirls think nadal is a nice guy. His bloodthirsty eyes, horrible gamesmanship and blatant hypocrisy are here to suggest otherwise.

GOAT = Fed
07-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Well, then why the hell didn't Ljubo speak out while it was happening?

GSMnadal
07-16-2012, 03:30 PM
If Nadal hadn't sabotaged Ljubicic throughout his career, Ivan would've been GOAT already.

superslam77
07-16-2012, 03:30 PM
ljubo one of the best humans in the history of the universe

duong
07-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Funny you should say that because Nadal is of the most bitter losers on the ATP tour, even if he hides it like a PR pro.

that's not what Just_like_heaven meant : for your information, Just_Like_Heaven was the one who first posted the news about Ljubicic losing to Di Palermo in this forum with a happy smiley ( http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=12129397&postcount=29 ) , then you can understand why he/she celebrated again here ;)

On the topic : it's just interesting to know that Nadal still has so much power because if Ljubicic says it it's probably true, but from what I read Di Palermo had been at an appropriate post for long, then it was not such a strange decision.

duong
07-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Well, then why the hell didn't Ljubo speak out while it was happening?

he could only speak after the result, since he didn't take part in the vote.

Here he just answers a Croatian journalist :shrug:

Corey Feldman
07-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Ljubo :haha:

he never liked Nadal, remember RG Semi final what he told to umpire about Nadal's grunting "tell him to shut up, he's annoying me now"

ossie
07-16-2012, 03:37 PM
who cares what this washed up serve bot has to say?

duong
07-16-2012, 03:42 PM

he never liked Nadal, remember RG Semi final what he told to umpire about Nadal's grunting "tell him to shut up, he's annoying me now"

it clearly was mutual feelings

and now it can be understoo why Ljubicic said a few months ago that he wished he hadn't said those words in 2006 : it was not because he had real remorse but because he knew that Nadal had power for this vote ;)

rocketassist
07-16-2012, 03:52 PM
who cares what this washed up serve bot has to say?

Who cares what you have to say on ANYTHING?

Just like heaven
07-16-2012, 03:58 PM

Ben.
07-16-2012, 04:09 PM
:spit: It's always been Ljubo with a problem with Rafa. This sounds pretty paranoid.

sweetkit
07-16-2012, 04:17 PM
No more Rafito & Rogelio.:awww:
Has Nadal got any non-Spanish friends on tour at all?

gulzhan
07-16-2012, 04:19 PM
All I want to see is Rosol smashing Nadal at RG with Ljubicic in his box. It would be a true dream come true :angel:.

That's your true dream? :tape: Poor thing :hug:

Never ever Federer's defeats are even a mile close to my true dreams :o :rolls: I am sure that could be said about every Rafa's fan ;) Those Fedtards :confused: some specimen :eek: :help:

Johnny Groove
07-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Ljubo is such a crybaby, my God.

gulzhan
07-16-2012, 04:21 PM

Does Federer have any friend? Or Djokovic? Marat said-- no friends on tour, and Marat knew what he talked about.

Clay Death
07-16-2012, 04:25 PM
:spit: It's always been Ljubo with a problem with Rafa. This sounds pretty paranoid.

affirmative. ljubo is taking his own good name and trying to soil it.

not a very smart move. nadal is too popular around the globe.

Corey Feldman
07-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Does Federer have any friend? Or Djokovic? Marat said-- no friends on tour, and Marat knew what he talked about.Fed is the most loved player out there, clownish one

7 Edberg awards, who votes those?

Scandanavians love Fed especially...

he's so loved he's the most popular player on the WOMANS tour.

most of the tour apart from the Latins and Murray, dont care for Nadal and his whining

Corey Feldman
07-16-2012, 04:26 PM
is Nadal popular in Paris where he's won 7 times?

says it all.

tennisfan856
07-16-2012, 04:27 PM
maybe if ljubo didn't have that incident with the tweets, then maybe you can create some buzz about this. But, it is looking like Legenda is becoming a shit stirrer in his second career.

duong
07-16-2012, 04:31 PM
No more Rafito & Rogelio.:awww:

many players are fans of his, and clearly his ideas to protect the players who already have a good status, had interested a lot of players, hence he also has a lot of power.

I can see that the Nadalfans have come in full force in that thread, to say what ? Nothing.

I could have understood something like "it's not personal, Nadal just prefers Di Palermo's ideas and yes, he does have influence" or something which would have been completely legitimate, but no :shrug:

abraxas21
07-16-2012, 04:32 PM
wish i could i said I'm surprised but alas.... The nadals have been long known as one of the shadiest families in tennis. I don't blame rafael himself though; he's merely a puppy-boy of his uncle, doing whatever he's told, whenever he's told. with this structure in mind, uncle toni gets an openning to do pretty much whatever he wants to do in favour of his kind and thus push for all kind of crazy reforms in his dirty agenda. rafito of course doesn't do or think anything. he's not programmed to think actually. he's the human version of a robot, always has been. :help:

abraxas21
07-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Nadal is supposed to be the humble one but he has more actual feuds with other players than the rest of the top 4 combined :facepalm:

untrue

and besides, it's the sign of a free mind to speak up at the face of injustice. ljubo is doing a great good to the ATP right now.

Fed Muzza Killer
07-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Rafa =! Class Act

nothing new here

abraxas21
07-16-2012, 04:37 PM

and what happened afterwards? he got sabotaged out of the players council.

like in every mafia organization, you don't get a fair treatment if you go against the guys at the top of the mafia.

duong
07-16-2012, 04:43 PM

no he wasn't elected to be the players' representative in the ATP board for Europe.

it's not for the players' council.

See the link which Just like Heaven had posted a month ago :

http://www.ubitennis.com/english/sport/tennis/2012/06/23/733674-ljubicic_loses_palermo.shtml

tealeaves
07-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Sabotaged :lol: at least he used the lubes.

Corey Feldman
07-16-2012, 04:50 PM

like in every mafia organization, you don't get a fair treatment if you go against the guys at the top of the mafia.He was gonna retire anyway

why does he need to be on it

abraxas21
07-16-2012, 04:51 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=203147

Mountaindewslave
07-16-2012, 04:56 PM
I have always liked Ivan but he is beginning to ruin that.

I agree like anyone that Nadal at times has somewhat ingenuine 'injuries' and is not always a totally honest personality BUT this is just absolutely ludicrous. Does Ivan really think Rafael Nadal spends all of his time manipulating who ends up on the ATP Board? he is a busy guy and there is no reason for him to care enough to hold ill will against Ivan permanently.

Ivan keeps bringing these things up which is making him seem immature, I never hear Nadal discuss them.

Ivan has a history (RG 2006) of talking smack towards Nadal but this is a bit of a joke, a player who is considered respectable like Ljubicic should not be throwing out conspiracy stories at Nadal.

if he really thinks that Nadal holds a grudge against him or cares at all about him and Federer's relationship than he is totally delusional and has been drinking too much. please Ivan stop before you tarnish your reputation and ruin how fans think of you

tennizen
07-16-2012, 05:02 PM
NID. Nadal family is well-versed in the Dark Arts.

vojomocart
07-16-2012, 05:03 PM

That is probably the main eeason why Nadal sabotaged Ljubo.....

duong
07-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Does Ivan really think Rafael Nadal spends all of his time manipulating who ends up on the ATP Board? he is a busy guy and there is no reason for him to care enough to hold ill will against Ivan permanently.

This was a very important position, more important than the positions in the players' council : it was a position in the ATP Board. And it's an election for 3 years. Then Nadal had all reasons to have a preferrence and an influence, as, as he said, the main decisions are not taken by the players' council but by the ATP Board.

Besides, I think it should be clear that the ones who elected (actually re-elected) Di Palermo over Ljubicic are the 9 players of the players' council, that is : Federer, Gonzalez, Nieminen, Querrey, Fischer, Luczak, Butorac, Zimonjic and Allegro, that is the old council according to the article which Just Like Heaven posted

... or maybe was it the members of the new council with notably Simon and Stakhovsky ? Presumably for the article it was the old council.

Ivan keeps bringing these things up which is making him seem immature, I never hear Nadal discuss them.

Ivan has a history (RG 2006) of talking smack towards Nadal but this is a bit of a joke, a player who is considered respectable like Ljubicic should not be throwing out conspiracy stories at Nadal.

I think it should be clear for everyone who has followed tennis all these years that Ljubicic is not an "immature" person ... and he knows well about politics from his numerous functions in the ATP players' council and also in the ATP Board already.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=203147

as I said, now I can guess that these supposed "remorse" from Ljubicic were rather said because of that coming election ;)

now he says "I'm glad about it" according to the Croatian interview.

Sombrerero loco
07-16-2012, 05:21 PM
legenda, such a hater you are :spit:

Allez
07-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Nadal does have friends outside the Spanish Armada & Murray. Stakhovsky, one of the most influential and respected members of the players council is a huge Rafa fan :yeah:

Ljuba enjoys causing trouble. He actually used the word "sabotaged" :haha: Wow. It's no longer just Uncle Toni...Rafa is now in on the act as well :facepalm: I wonder if Luby has an account on MTF :lol:

Ausie
07-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Ljubicic as the offended girl.

duong
07-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Frankly speaking, I think Ljubicic says the truth about why he wasn't elected (he has good friends in the players' council, including Federer : he can know what they have talked about ;) ) ,

but the reasons why Nadal preferred Di Palermo are unclear, it's not necessarily about Ljubicic's comments from 2006.

Maybe Nadal also didn't like some of Ljubicic's positions about the topics which were discussed in the last months following Nadal's initiative, for instance.

As for the result, everytime there's an opposition against somebody, even a small one, it's always easy to go for the choice for the man who was already in that seat before.

duong
07-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Stakhovsky, one of the most influential and respected members of the players council is a huge Rafa fan :yeah:

Stakhovsky entered the players' council less than a month ago and according to the article, was not yet in that council when the election took place :lol:

Burrow
07-16-2012, 05:29 PM

There is no question that Nadal often is a bitter loser. There are worse though, like Verdasco! He's embarrassing. He's made me cringe numerous times.

sweetkit
07-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Well it's kinda Nadal-esque thing to do, even quitting the Council to hamstring one of the most respected players on tour. To do somthing in an underhand way.

martinatreue
Legenda :hearts:

Rafa :(

Allez
Stakhovsky entered the players' council less than a month ago and according to the article, was not yet in that council when the election took place :lol:

I know that. All I'm saying is that Rafael does have friends in high places now so it's a myth that no one likes him apart from his fellow Spaniards, Monaco and Murray ;)

star
07-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Ljubo getting to be a grumpy old man before his time. :lol:

Clay Death
07-16-2012, 05:36 PM
clay warrior is friends with some of the greatest athletes on the planet from various sports.

and he is friends with fed, nole, murray, monaco, nalby, marc lopez, marcel granollers, ferru, montanes, and about 100 other players.

Andi-M
07-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Which Fedtard poster is Ljubo?

duong
07-16-2012, 05:49 PM
I know that. All I'm saying is that Rafael does have friends in high places now so it's a myth that no one likes him apart from his fellow Spaniards, Monaco and Murray ;)

yes, "friends" is a strong word, but he has many supporters among players for him or for his ideas, that's for sure.

As for Ljubicic, I think his reaction is understandable : he applied for an important job for 3 years and didn't get it, and he knows because of whom. Then well :shrug:

But even he doesn't seem to know the reason why Nadal didn't want him, from his words in the article he's still wondering.

Allez
07-16-2012, 05:52 PM
yes, "friends" is a strong word, but he has many supporters among players for him or for his ideas, that's for sure.

As for Ljubicic, I think his reaction is understandable : he applied for an important job for 3 years and didn't get it, and he knows because of whom. Then well :shrug:

But even he doesn't seem to know the reason why Nadal didn't want him, from his words in the article he's still wondering.

Maybe he can invite him out for dinner and they can sort it out ;) Rafa would not refuse a free dinner with Legenda :)

Mesousa
07-16-2012, 06:05 PM
:worship:

Hypnotize
07-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Nadal does have friends outside the Spanish Armada & Murray. Stakhovsky, one of the most influential and respected members of the players council is a huge Rafa fan :yeah:

Ljuba enjoys causing trouble. He actually used the word "sabotaged" :haha: Wow. It's no longer just Uncle Toni...Rafa is now in on the act as well :facepalm: I wonder if Luby has an account on MTF :lol:
I don't think Stakhovsky is influential and respected. He's just very vocal, particularly about the difficulties of lower ranked players. There's a difference. He also jumped the gun, claiming the players were going to strike. Apart from the fact that never happened, it looked unprofessional the way he made the announcement.

Orka_n
07-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Rafito's mask of humbleness is slipping more and more these days.

Kiedis
07-16-2012, 06:49 PM
First at all, Nadal, like the rest of the players, has the right to elect and support those candidates that he likes. Nadal never talks about this bald asshole, but he can't stop talking about Rafa, however. A big mouth this mug.

Second, he is talking also about personal relationship between Roger and Rafa, something that not concern him, but he is doing it because he is an dirty attention whore.

I'm serious, what a nasty personality this gossipy clown!

Johnny Groove
07-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Clearly, Ljubo is still mad that Rafa beat him indoors in Madrid 2005 from 2 sets down.

Time Violation
07-16-2012, 07:02 PM

As far as I can see, the word was used by the newspapers/journalist who wrote the text, it doesn't quote Ivan saying that :) Though he does sound resented in the quoted parts.

jrm
07-16-2012, 07:04 PM
he's been opening his mouth quite a lot since retiring

chicken, should have done this while he was still playing

acionescu
07-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Ljubo :lol:

How old is he? 12?

MTwEeZi
07-16-2012, 07:18 PM
So Nadal sent Ljubo into retirement? :bigclap:

Allez
07-16-2012, 07:21 PM
One thing's for sure....he can kiss his "friendship" with Rogi goodbye after gossiping about the fedal friendship being fake ;)

Ash86
07-16-2012, 07:23 PM
As for Ljubicic, I think his reaction is understandable : he applied for an important job for 3 years and didn't get it, and he knows because of whom. Then well :shrug: But even he doesn't seem to know the reason why Nadal didn't want him, from his words in the article he's still wondering.

He's pretty stupid then. The guy Ljubicic was competing with for the position, Palermo, is a business partner of Benito, Rafa's PR agent. Palermo also worked for the ATP for years and obviously gets on with Nadal. Makes sense that he'd support a friend he has links to, who's already shown experience with ATP business, than Ljubicic. :shrug:

See here: http://www.gptcatenniscoach.com/giorgio-di-palermo.html:

In November 2009 he founded the Company B1 PR together with Carlos Moya and Benito Perez-Barbadillo. The Company deals with communication and Public Relations and includes Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic among its most important clients.

[Novak's no longer with the company.] That link also shows he has lots of the right experience - Ljubicic just seems to whine and thinks because he was a player he's entitled to the job.

Supporting a candidate (if Nadal did that) is not the same as "sabotage". If Ljubicic was popular he'd have got the votes - he got zero votes and is now bitter. As for Nadal being jealous of Ljubicic being close to Federer, if that's the case then why didn't Federer lobby for Ljubicic instead? When you're running for a position you build support - Ivan clearly had none. Nadal doesn't have that much control - he wanted Krajicek as ATP head but Federer got his way and backed rubbish Brad Drewett who's been totally invisible thus far. In this case obviously Palermo was more popular - this outburst from Ivan shows the right candidate won. Ivan's been jockeying for the limelight since he retired - better to get someone with business experience to get on with job behind the scenes. :)

Love how it's Ljubicic who's whining yet somehow Nadal's to blame here! MTF eh? Can he not support another candidate (if he indeed did)?

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
07-16-2012, 07:29 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/popcorn_yes.gif

Black Adam
07-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Ljubicic is a punk. Roddick was right.

jojoh07
07-16-2012, 08:14 PM

thats rich coming from Roddick

tennizen
07-16-2012, 08:16 PM
He's pretty stupid then. The guy Ljubicic was competing with for the position, Palermo, is a business partner of Benito, Rafa's PR agent. Palermo also worked for the ATP for years and obviously gets on with Nadal. Makes sense that he'd support a friend he has links to, who's already shown experience with ATP business, than Ljubicic. :shrug:

[Novak's no longer with the company.] That link also shows he has lots of the right experience - Ljubicic just seems to whine and thinks because he was a player he's entitled to the job.

Supporting a candidate (if Nadal did that) is not the same as "sabotage". If Ljubicic was popular he'd have got the votes - he got zero votes and is now bitter. As for Nadal being jealous of Ljubicic being close to Federer, if that's the case then why didn't Federer lobby for Ljubicic instead? When you're running for a position you build support - Ivan clearly had none. Nadal doesn't have that much control - he wanted Krajicek as ATP head but Federer got his way and backed rubbish Brad Drewett who's been totally invisible thus far. In this case obviously Palermo was more popular - this outburst from Ivan shows the right candidate won. Ivan's been jockeying for the limelight since he retired - better to get someone with business experience to get on with job behind the scenes. :)

Love how it's Ljubicic who's whining yet somehow Nadal's to blame here! MTF eh? Can he not support another candidate (if he indeed did)?

Do you know how the candidates are short-listed and how the voting takes place?

Chris Kuerten
07-16-2012, 08:18 PM
I really like Ljubicic, but it's pretty sad he's been in the news every week since his retirement. Seems like he can't let the tour go and move on with his life.

guga2120
07-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Sounds like good looking, Ivan Ljubicic, is jealous of somebody.

Time Violation
07-16-2012, 08:29 PM

Good point, Ivan keeps saying he's good friend with Fed, but did he actually get support from Fed? His tweets after he went into retirement probably didn't help his cause either.

JurajCrane
07-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Ljubicic sould just shut up

whatever Ljubo :rolleyes:

Nadulltards :smash::smash::smash::rolls::rolls::rolls:

Crazy Girl
07-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Rafito's mask of humbleness is slipping more and more these days.:worship:;);)

Honestly
07-16-2012, 08:47 PM

Coming from Rawdick that statement has zero credibility.

GSMnadal
07-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Nadulltards :smash::smash::smash::rolls::rolls::rolls:

Nadal haters :o

abraxas21
07-16-2012, 08:58 PM
First at all, Nadal, like the rest of the players, has the right to elect and support those candidates that he likes. Nadal never talks about this bald asshole, but he can't stop talking about Rafa, however. A big mouth this mug.

of course nadal doesn't refer to ljubicic. after all, he's the one pulling the strings to get "people of his personal trust" in the council and disregard the "inconvenient ones" like ljubicic. to make the point with a more extreme example, ask yourself this: when was the last time that a criminal started publicly talking about the shady things they did, when they know they´re personally responsible for the missdeeds?

in cases like this, nadull's silence only reinforces the notion that he's in fact dirty, as everyone already know or at least sense.

abraxas21
07-16-2012, 09:01 PM

still posting BS, BA?

but i'm rather curious. what did rodduck say about ljubicic?

JurajCrane
07-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Nadal haters :o

I don´t hate him, don´t worry :)

But his tards always make my day :p

Johnny Groove
07-16-2012, 09:09 PM
of course nadal doesn't refer to ljubicic. after all, he's the one pulling the strings to get "people of his personal trust" in the council and disregard the "inconvenient ones" like ljubicic. to make the point with a more extreme example, ask yourself this: when was the last time that a criminal started publicly talking about the shady things they did, when they know they´re personally responsible for the missdeeds?

in cases like this, nadull's silence only reinforces the notion that he's in fact dirty, as everyone already know or at least sense.

Oh please :rolleyes:

Rafa haters have their agenda, whatever happens in the news, they will spin their way, that is all :shrug:

If Nadal was more Swiss and neutral like Federer, the haters would say: "Why is he not speaking up more?" :rolleyes:

Haters gonna hate, and Ljubo is a whiner, my God. Is this the attitude for a leadership position?

finishingmove
07-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Sounds to me like Ljubo is living in a Ljubocentric universe. Probably mistakes his own head for a celestial body.

If Nadal is pushing his own people, does it mean it's out of "Ljubo hate" ?

Either way, they are both total clowns when it comes to these things. At least Nadal can play tennis on clay.

abraxas21
07-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Sounds to me like Ljubo is living in a Ljubocentric universe. Probably mistakes his own head for a celestial body.

If Nadal is pushing his own people, does it mean it's out of "Ljubo hate" ?

Either way, they are both total clowns when it comes to these things. At least Nadal can play tennis on clay.

i was completely dumbfounded by that last like. what does that have to be with anything...

sweetkit
07-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Stefan Edberg's award must have gone to the right man a year ago...

Tommy_Vercetti
07-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Ljubibitch has always got to complain about something. Of course, that doesn't set him apart. His most irritating trait is how pretentious he is. He's one of those people that tries way too hard to sound intelligent when asked simple questions.

Like someone tells Mike Tyson about a book and in the next interview he brings it up.

Orange Wombat
07-16-2012, 09:27 PM
OOOh :scared: Ljubo starting some controversies after he retired

Black Adam
07-16-2012, 09:28 PM
At least Nadal can play tennis on clay.
At least Nadal can play tennis. Period.

but i'm rather curious. what did rodduck say about ljubicic?
The guy's always been bitter.
Andy Roddick has been accused of lacking respect for his opponents after his four-set tiebreak win over Croat Ivan Ljubicic at the US Open in New York on Saturday.
Ljubicic accused Roddick of being unsportsmanlike and said other players despised him after the American rode a wave of hometown support to wrap up the 6-3, 6-7 (4/7), 6-3, 7-6 (10/8) win in the early hours of Saturday morning local time.
The fourth-seeded American's win came as he prepared to celebrate his 21st birthday later on Saturday.
Roddick won eight of the last 11 points, including a controversial call on Ljubicic's third match point, to reach the third round, only to be characterised by his rival as an unsportsmanlike jerk that other ATP players despised.
"I'm just telling you the feeling of the guys in the locker room," Ljubicic said. "Every single player said to me, 'Good luck. Kick his ass.'"
"I don't like him. Nobody in the locker room likes his acting on the court. He's a good player. He's going to win a lot of matches. But not because he's like that. It's just we don't like it. Because nobody acts that way. He's the only one."
Ljubicic said Roddick lacked respect for fellow players and had been given a boost beyond his talents because he was able to intimidate linesmen and umpires in US venues, where he plays a large number of his ATP events.
"He doesn't respect the others," Ljubicic said. "In your face or not in your face, doesn't matter. What he's doing is just pumping up the crowd. In the United States he can do it. But everywhere else if he does it, people smile.
"Fortunately for him, there's like 70 per cent of the big tournaments played in the United States. He's number four in the world for that."
Roddick's ranking and his lead in the ATP Champions Race comes from a 22-1 record on hard courts since Wimbledon with titles at Indianapolis, Montreal and Cincinnati.
With emotional gestures and encouragement, Roddick took full advantage of vocal home-nation support during the match and later shrugged off Ljubicic's rebuke, saying no rival has ever come to him with complaints about behaviour.
"I don't really care," Roddick said. "I try to treat everybody with a lot of respect. I'm not mean to people. I'm very courteous to people. I'm not worried. I would be worried if I was doing things I thought were causing that."
"If they are talking about me, they're not talking to me about it, which would be the mature thing to do. I'm not concerned with it. I treat people as good as I can. There's nothing really I can do about it."

sweetkit
07-16-2012, 09:42 PM
The question is, who is more respected on tour Nadal or Ljubo? Somehow I don't think the first one.:awww:

duong
07-16-2012, 09:42 PM

[Novak's no longer with the company.] That link also shows he has lots of the right experience

Thanks for the info :)

Supporting a candidate (if Nadal did that) is not the same as "sabotage". If Ljubicic was popular he'd have got the votes - he got zero votes and is now bitter.
As for Nadal being jealous of Ljubicic being close to Federer, if that's the case then why didn't Federer lobby for Ljubicic instead? When you're running for a position you build support - Ivan clearly had none.

Where do you take from that he got zero votes and he "clearly had no support" ?
Do you have information we don't have here ?
the article just said that he had less votes than Palermo :shrug:

And who told you that Federer didn't lobby for him ?

As for the word "sabotage, which seemingly was not used precisely by Ljubicic here, why it's used here is clear : Nadal was not part of the players' council anymore but according to Ljubo's informations, he used his influence to make him lose. That's different from not voting for him.

Nadal doesn't have that much control - he wanted Krajicek as ATP head but Federer got his way and backed rubbish Brad Drewett who's been totally invisible thus far.

Once again how do you know that Federer alone got Brad Drewett ?
If you have so much information, please share : I would be very interested to know about these things, and probably so would other people.

sorry but I don't get why Ljubicic would be blamed here for his words, he's just bitter about what happened and told a journalist's situation what the situation was.

The stupid (and immature) people's reactions on MTF are not the same level as Ljubicic's words, but he can't do anything about that :shrug:

star
07-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Fed is the most loved player out there, clownish one

7 Edberg awards, who votes those?

Scandanavians love Fed especially...

he's so loved he's the most popular player on the WOMANS tour.

most of the tour apart from the Latins and Murray, dont care for Nadal and his whining

It’s too bad then that the Fedster wouldn’t use his power to lobby (or lob) for his adoring mate, Ljubo. :sad: :sad:

star
07-16-2012, 09:46 PM
At least Nadal can play tennis. Period.

The guy's always been bitter.

Ljubo is delusional. 70%???

Yeah in North America there are 5 big tournaments.

duong
07-16-2012, 09:47 PM
It’s too bad then that the Fedster wouldn’t use his power to lobby (or lob) for his adoring mate, Ljubo. :sad: :sad:

Do you also have information we don't have ?

duong
07-16-2012, 09:51 PM
One thing's for sure....he can kiss his "friendship" with Rogi goodbye after gossiping about the fedal friendship being fake ;)

Did he say something not everybody knew ?

I thought I had read even Nadal saying that they were not "real friends", not like the Spanish players.

They have respect for each other but no real "friendship", I think, was quite well-known.

duong
07-16-2012, 09:54 PM

and please don't interprete the fact that Ljubicic was not chosen by something like "Nadal has more power than Fed".

This is quite a common case that when there's no clear decision, the one who was already in place (Palermo) has the priviledge of the one who was already there and can stay there, it's just logical.

Drewett was quite in the same case : had been there for long and applied for that for long, he was the easiest choice if there was a conflict imo.

Ash86
07-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Where do you take from that he got zero votes and he "clearly had no support" ?

Once again how do you know that Federer alone got Brad Drewett ?

The stupid (and immature) people's reactions on MTF are not the same level as Ljubicic's words, but he can't do anything about that :shrug:

Re: the zero votes I thought I'd read I'd at the time Palermo had won unanimously but maybe not. In any event the players who voted were - Federer, Gonzalez, Nieminen, Querrey, Fisher, Lucak, Butorac, Zimonjic and Allegro. Ljubicic is clearly saying Nadal actively lobbied against him i.e. convinced Gonzalez etc. to vote for Palermo. Now if Federer had been similarly lobbying for Ljubicic then surely Ivan wouldn't have a leg to stand on to be complaining right? Why would it be okay for Fed to lobby for him but Nadal not to do so for his friend?

That suggests Fed didn't lobby. If he did, then he clearly wasn't very successful. Ljubicic's comments make it sound like Nadal swung it but really there were 9 guys - not that many to convince - and he played with them till recently so if he couldn't convince them he was right for the job then it's his problem.

As for the Brad Drewett thing there were a number of articles about Rafa supporting Krajicek and Fed actively not. Krajicek even dropped out because he said something to the effect of with Federer against him it wasn't possible - i.e., the support couldn't be gathered. The choice was really down to Krajicek or Drewett - Fed's pressure pushed Krajicek out (not saying there's anything wrong with Fed supporting who he wants by the way...) so he had a very active role to play in that whole thing. Seemed to be the final straw for Nadal who really wanted Krajicek to win. Neil Harman of the Times wrote a couple of articles about it.

As for Nadal/Federer I think they get on very well for two players who have been such great rivals - they are happy/comfortable spending time together etc. But they're not best of friends of course - they don't holiday together or go for casual meals etc. It's like getting on with a colleague well at work.

If anything, other than the Spaniards and Monaco, out of the top 4 Nadal spends most "casual time" with Murray - plays Playstation with him, has pranked him etc.

Kiedis
07-16-2012, 10:22 PM
The question is, who is more respected on tour Nadal or Ljubo? Somehow I don't think the first one.:awww:

Come on, at one side of the ring we have Lubo the clown and his best friend Rogelio.

In the other side we have Rafa and his unknown friend.

Rogelio of course support his best friend and Rafa do the same too.

What was the outcome of this electoral contest? And why? :scratch:

Hint: Sore loser lost and he ended up talking about delusional conspiracies and gossiping about the relationships of one of his alleged best friends :rolleyes:

I think he lost the election because his former colleagues had already rumbled this attention whore.

marquez
07-16-2012, 10:35 PM
looks like one week of partying in umag wasn't good for ljubo's head

duong
07-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Re: the zero votes I thought I'd read I'd at the time Palermo had won unanimously but maybe not..

the only article I'd read, posted by Just like Heaven, only said that he had got less votes than Palermo.

Ljubicic is clearly saying Nadal actively lobbied against him i.e. convinced Gonzalez etc. to vote for Palermo. Now if Federer had been similarly lobbying for Ljubicic then surely Ivan wouldn't have a leg to stand on to be complaining right? Why would it be okay for Fed to lobby for him but Nadal not to do so for his friend?

Ljubicic didn't complain that there was some lobbying : he's spent enought time in there to know about politics :lol:

He just says he lost because of Nadal's lobbying : that's all :shrug:

Any complaining ?

No, just disappointment.

I think your problem here is that he said it publicly in a Croatian newspaper : well I guess the newspaper wondered what he was doing now, and asked why he hadn't got that job (I also wondered the same to say the truth).

I can understand your problem but nowhere I read Ljubicic saying that it's "scandalous" that there was some lobbying.

He just hoped getting the job that's all, either he hoped Nadal not influencing here as he was not in the council anymore, or even he expected some support from Nadal, who knows ?

there were 9 guys - not that many to convince - and he played with them till recently so if he couldn't convince them he was right for the job then it's his problem.

he just lost to another competitor, that doesn't mean anybody thought he was unable for that job.

As for the Brad Drewett thing there were a number of articles about Rafa supporting Krajicek and Fed actively not. Krajicek even dropped out because he said something to the effect of with Federer against him it wasn't possible - i.e., the support couldn't be gathered. The choice was really down to Krajicek or Drewett - Fed's pressure pushed Krajicek out (not saying there's anything wrong with Fed supporting who he wants by the way...) so he had a very active role to play in that whole thing. Seemed to be the final straw for Nadal who really wanted Krajicek to win.

I think here in MTF people have a very narrow vision of these things through the prism of Nadal and Federer, but it was much more complicated than that, and I think in the end the one who comes from the inside and has asked it for long gets a plus, which may explain Drewett ... and the same could be said for Palermo.

Pea
07-16-2012, 10:56 PM
I believe anything Ljubo says.

Looner
07-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Lol at this thread. We need Ljubo and Rosol to work towards saving tennis at next year's RG. BTW, Ljubo reached the RG SF so he could play tennis. He lost from the clay god pig, so I don't see why he could not play on the surface.

KarlyM
07-16-2012, 11:10 PM
I like Ljuba, but seriously... http://www.emotihost.com/music2/22.gif

rocketassist
07-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Stefan Edberg's award must have gone to the right man a year ago...

It never goes to the right man. None of the top 3 deserve the award.

cobalt60
07-17-2012, 12:33 AM
:superlol: I wish we had that as a smilie here :lol: :rolls:

I stole it for future reference.

Mimi
07-17-2012, 01:22 AM
Interesting interview with Ljubo in Croatian newspaper. He was talking about elections for player's representative in ATP board which he lost to Giorgo Di Palermo.

Some Ljubo's quotes:

" I knew Nadal did everything what was in his power against me. He was never more directly. He gave resignation in Miami but continued to lob for his favorites. Never with more power. "

" Or maybe he is bothered with my friendly relationship with Federer "

Ljubo on FedßRafa friendship

" That are stories. They respect each other and that's all. You surely won't see them together at the dinner. They aren't that good "

http://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nadal-gurnuo-ljubu-niz-stepenice---valjda-mu-smeta-sto-sam-dobar-s-federerom-/1041429/

Rafa is wrong for not forgiving, but this Ljubo never stopped talking the bad of rafa for years like a 80 years old grandma complaining about her ailing back, bad weather, increase of price for the food, false teeth worn down too quickly, wig getting loose and being blown out by wind ....... :hysteric: :shout: is also unforgiving, childish and annoying.

And please don't flatter yourself that much, I doubt the king is really a good friend of yours and that everyone wishes to be a friend of Roger and worships him like you do. Rafa is not in love with Roger and not being his pigeon, so why to have the need to feel jealous about your friendship with Roger? You three in a love triangle or like little girls fighting for barbie dolls?

Also, he is not the spokesman for Roger or Rafa, why to disclose the relationship between Roger & Rafa to the public? :rolleyes:

If he is not contented with the behaviour of Rafa, why didn't he try to have a serious talk with rafa and have the matter settled all through those long years but critising Rafa in public?

If Rafa is really so bad, why we didn't hear other players complaining about him but mainly just this Ljubo?

Rafa = Fed Killa
07-17-2012, 02:08 AM
He always aspire to be Federer's #1 bitch. Must feel insulted because Nadal whip his master so much.

Anyone who have doubt go watch Miami 2006 final for a textbook lubing.

Lluboho was always one of Feds elite slaves.
Still fighting hard for his master after retirement.

Juz78
07-17-2012, 02:42 AM

Amen to that brother!

Mimi
07-17-2012, 03:04 AM

my dear, any one who bad mouth Rafa is a good human in your eyes? I expected you to be better than that ;)

i am not saying Rafa has no faults, but to bad mouth others in public so many times instead of settling the matter in private, grumbled like an old grandma for sure does not fall in the best humans or even a "stand up man" category.

MrChopin
07-17-2012, 03:22 AM
Nadal,

h06K7t_aExg

Sincerely,
Trujba

BroTree123
07-17-2012, 05:08 AM
Poor clown. Getting old and senile :sad:

sweetkit
07-17-2012, 05:36 AM
Poor clown. Getting old and senile :sad:

26 isn't old, ffs.

yet, i am also starting to think that Parera's bitterness borders with being senile with time goes on:sad:

Mimi
07-17-2012, 05:58 AM
26 isn't old, ffs.

yet, i am also starting to think that Parera's bitterness borders with being senile with time goes on:sad:

rafa doesn't have the need to be bitter against Ljubo both as a tennis player or person, he lives a pretty good life :shrug:

DanaKz
07-17-2012, 06:06 AM
LOL, this is priceless! :haha:

Fed Muzza Killer
07-17-2012, 06:12 AM
Lluboho was always one of Feds elite slaves.
Still fighting hard for his master after retirement.

yuo said i won't post on MTF agian ! is it so hard to be a man?

Mimi
07-17-2012, 06:38 AM
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

sweetkit
07-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Nadal fans trying to turn this into a chat thread to distract public's attention from their idol's low actions.:)

TheWall
07-17-2012, 07:09 AM
Why does everyone call Ljubo a Federer fanboy? Isn't that the guy who handed Nadal his only big career title indoors? In basically every other indoor final Nadal lost with breadstick or bagels.

moon language
07-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Seems like there has always been mutual dislike among these two. Why is it a surprise that Nadal wouldn't want someone that he knows dislikes him on the board? The fact that Ljubicic is calling him out this way just makes it more obvious that he's not objective regarding Nadal.

EliSter
07-17-2012, 07:29 AM
Cry me a river.

Mimi
07-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Seems like there has always been mutual dislike among these two. Why is it a surprise that Nadal wouldn't want someone that he knows dislikes him on the board? The fact that Ljubicic is calling him out this way just makes it more obvious that he's not objective regarding Nadal.

we didn't know if Rafa really did ask the other players to vote against Ljubo as no evidence was given. Also, if rafa really did so, as you have mentioned, why is it a surprise or being so bad that rafa didn't want someone that dislikes him so much on the board? And if rafa is really such a bad ass, why the players who voted would listen to him and voted against Ljubo? I don't believe he is so powerful and also, those players are all adults, not little kids, they were supposed to vote without other people's influence.

duong
07-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Rafa is wrong for not forgiving, but this Ljubo never stopped talking the bad of rafa for years like a 80 years old grandma complaining about her ailing back, bad weather, increase of price for the food, false teeth worn down too quickly, wig getting loose and being blown out by wind ....... :hysteric: :shout: is also unforgiving, childish and annoying.

And please don't flatter yourself that much, I doubt the king is really a good friend of yours and that everyone wishes to be a friend of Roger and worships him like you do. Rafa is not in love with Roger and not being his pigeon, so why to have the need to feel jealous about your friendship with Roger? You three in a love triangle or like little girls fighting for barbie dolls?

Also, he is not the spokesman for Roger or Rafa, why to disclose the relationship between Roger & Rafa to the public? :rolleyes:

If he is not contented with the behaviour of Rafa, why didn't he try to have a serious talk with rafa and have the matter settled all through those long years but critising Rafa in public?

If Rafa is really so bad, why we didn't hear other players complaining about him but mainly just this Ljubo?

we didn't know if Rafa really did ask the other players to vote against Ljubo as no evidence was given. Also, if rafa really did so, as you have mentioned, why is it a surprise or being so bad that rafa didn't want someone that dislikes him so much on the board? And if rafa is really such a bad ass, why the players who voted would listen to him and voted against Ljubo? I don't believe he is so powerful and also, those players are all adults, not little kids, they were supposed to vote without other people's influence.

Nowhere is said that Nadal is bad or a "badass", just that Ljubicic says Nadal used his influence to prevent Ljubicic from getting that job : I don't think you can distrust Ljubicic when he says that, he knows players in the players' council and has obviously tried to understand what happened because it mattered to him.

Ljubicic also says there's a mutual dislike between Nadal and him. Well those things happen : you can't like everybody :shrug:

How did Nadal do that, the other players being "adults" as you said ? Here the election was between someone who was already in place and someone new who wanted the place : if you put some doubt in the new person, it's easy to make people change to the easy choice of keeping the man who was already there in position. It's like the Drewett's case except that the ATP director is even much more important hence the interests at stake were more numerous. Of course the ones who fully trusted Ljubicic didn't change their position, but not all of them were like that.

As for the friendship between "the king" and Ljubicic, the "king" is also a man and does have friends :lol:

What Ljubicic says about Federer and Nadal's relationship is obviously because the journalist like us wondered if Federer took part in preventing Ljubicic from getting that job, as Federer is the president of the players' council. Also he speaks about that because about the debate of the previous months which has been talked a lot about what happened in the players' council. Anyway Nadal had clearly said he was not Fed's friend and had even criticized him very harshly in public. They have a lot of mutual respect for each other, esp. as far as the tennis is concerned, but they are very different persons and are not friends, which is normal.

From what I read in an old thread about Ljubicic having "remorse" on that topic, he had tried talking about that with Rafa.

As for the "childish" comment which is made everywhere in this thread (which leaves me wondering because MTF is full of childish comments :lol: and now the same ones say that about an experienced and respected man like Ljubicic :lol: -here I don't talk about you, Mimi, but about other ones ;) -), I wonder how people here who have applied for a job (which is not the case of some of the MTFers who are on average quite young) would react in such a case.

Of course one's bitter, everybody would be :shrug:

Note that this is not a tennis match, we are in real life here.

jonas
07-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Am waiting for Nadal's memoars where he reveals "everything".

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
07-17-2012, 10:31 AM

for my feelings in regards to a nadal memoir- i shall quote xsica on nadal's wedding night

"its not big and its not clever- frankly i wish it was federer's"

Fed fordawin
07-17-2012, 10:33 AM

Uncle Toni won't let that happen. Once his career as a tennis player is over, Nadull will become a liability for uncle Toni and I wouldn't be surprised if an "accident" happened to him:(

duarte_a
07-17-2012, 10:33 AM

It would be great if he came clean after he retires.

duarte_a
07-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Uncle Toni won't let that happen. Once his career as a tennis player is over, Nadull will become a liability for uncle Toni and I wouldn't be surprised if an "accident" happened to him:(

Is Uncle T. that heartless?

Fed fordawin
07-17-2012, 10:36 AM

Is Uncle T. that heartless?

Uncle Toni has heart... when TV cameras are around.

born_on_clay
07-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Ljubicic was a pathetic tennis player and now he's trying to bring some attention to himself by bulshitting. Disgrceful :o

Harmless
07-17-2012, 11:05 AM
The article is not very well translated. At no point does Ljubicic use the word sabotage. The writer throws around big words, that's all. The real quotes are milder, though still in a similar vein.

All of Ljubicic's quotes, a more accurate translation:

"Now that I'm not playing anymore, I need to be more serious."

"I didn't know I have to play the politics game as well. I thought just offering a good program would be good enough."

"All I know is that Nadal did all he could do against me. Nadal was never more adamant(subject to interpretation, n.b.). In Miami he gave his resignation, but he continued lobbying for his goals. And never more adamantly."

"Unless he got offended when in 2006 I said I'd like to see Roger Federer be the winner of Roland Garros. If that's what it is, then fine."(in the sense; he can hold a grudge over something that minor if he wants to, I don't care. A sort of equivalent to "Whatever".)

"Maybe he's bothered that I'm on good terms with Roger."

"Yeah, okay, those are the stories. The relationship is respectful/decent, but never more than that. You definitely won't see them together at dinner. They aren't that close."

If anyone is interested, I can translate the entire article, as well.

duong
07-17-2012, 11:17 AM

Thanks a lot for the translation :yeah:

For that sentence, I think it's not necessarily "personal", it can also mean that Federer and Nadal have very different and somehow opposite ideas as far as the reforms of the Tour are concerned, and Nadal preferred not having someone with opinions similar to Federer's in the ATP Board.

Anyway, I think it's interesting to know that Nadal has not given up on influencing the changes in the ATP and manages to keep some influence.

Harmless
07-17-2012, 11:37 AM
Anyway, it's not the article that's the real fun, it's the facebook comments below it. For anyone that reads Croatian/Serbian, I highly recommend it. Good fun.

Thanks a lot for the translation :yeah:

For that sentence, I think it's not necessarily "personal", it can also mean that Federer and Nadal have very different and somehow opposite ideas as far as the reforms of the Tour are concerned, and Nadal preferred not having someone with opinions similar to Federer's in the ATP Board.

Anyway, I think it's interesting to know that Nadal has not given up on influencing the changes in the ATP and manages to keep some influence.
It's what I think as well, but it's difficult to make any kind of an informed conclusion out of this article. It's very imprecise and colloquial, not to mention subjective.

FlameOn
07-17-2012, 11:41 AM
I'd take what Lube says with a grain of salt :lol:.

Tutu
07-17-2012, 12:10 PM
I think it should be clear for everyone who has followed tennis all these years that Ljubicic is not an "immature" person ... and he knows well about politics from his numerous functions in the ATP players' council and also in the ATP Board already.
He may be into the politics on ATP, but that doesn't mean he isn't also immature and petty. Did you not see his tweets? He was mouthing off about every topic under the sun without any proof or reasoning to back up most of his opinions. Then finally he did the same with the Americans and they all dragged him through the mud. Then he did a Chris Brown and threw his toys out of the pram, deleting the tweets and eventually quitting twitter. In what world is that remotely mature? :lol:

rocketassist
07-17-2012, 01:31 PM
He may be into the politics on ATP, but that doesn't mean he isn't also immature and petty. Did you not see his tweets? He was mouthing off about every topic under the sun without any proof or reasoning to back up most of his opinions. Then finally he did the same with the Americans and they all dragged him through the mud. Then he did a Chris Brown and threw his toys out of the pram, deleting the tweets and eventually quitting twitter. In what world is that remotely mature? :lol:

A 'Chris Brown' is ramming your fist into a woman. So no he didn't.

duong
07-17-2012, 01:33 PM

I didn't see his tweets except from the one about the Americans, for which imo he was very right, as it's about a long-term real problem of the ATP Tour (I think that's the reason why Monte-Carlo became optional for instance, and surely Ljubicic knows about that better than me ; about the week between Bercy and the WTF being erased, the only one I heard who had asked for that was Andy Roddick because he "wanted to go back home, not spend this useless week in London").

That some Americans fell on him with small and short-term arguments well it's probably inherent to the kind of "twitter"-communication :shrug:

Many people have experienced problems with that peculiar form of communication which comes through Twitter, and many of them have closed their account, when they realized that.

Not everybody has necessarily to "be on Twitter", and Twitter is not especially made for "mature people".

SwiSha
07-17-2012, 01:43 PM
stfu Ljubo, are you blaming Nadal for your hair loss too?

Allez
07-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Did he say something not everybody knew ?

I thought I had read even Nadal saying that they were not "real friends", not like the Spanish players.

They have respect for each other but no real "friendship", I think, was quite well-known.

Rafa's probably Roger's closest "friend" in the top 10. They've been out for dinner before. Obviously they're not going to be best buddies...the language barrier possibly having a lot to do with that than the 'rivalry', but they're a lot closer that old drama queen luby is trying to make out :rolleyes: Who appointed him as the spokesperson for Fedal :shrug:

LoveFifteen
07-17-2012, 04:53 PM
How is it shady to try to keep an asshole like Ivan Ljubicic off the player's counsel?! :unsure:

If I were an ATP star, I would try to keep him off of it, too. He's such a tool.

Nathaliia
07-17-2012, 05:01 PM
di palermo is a great guy, i don't know if there's anyone who has a reason to dislike him... (well, now ljuba...)

and he's probably the last person to bellyache or come across bitter about anything...

no wonder he's being selected over and over...

Nathaliia
07-17-2012, 05:03 PM

they should fistfight for the right of being the friend of roger :facepalm: omg kindergarten :bigcry:

Allez
07-17-2012, 05:33 PM
"Rafa is jealous I'm mates with Fed" I mean come on Luby :facepalm:

sweetkit
07-17-2012, 05:42 PM

Plausible. After getting owned by President Federer in Council decisions, getting sacked from there, Nadal just couldn't allow another friend of Roger being there.

duong
07-17-2012, 06:11 PM

he didn't say "he's jealous", he said "he's bothered" ... and I believe it has more to do with Fed and Ljubicic sharing views about the future of the Tour which are not Nadal's than to do with "feelings".

That this kind of childish arguments go on on MTF doesn't mean that people in real life think that way. People in this forum have a tendency to make a confusion between the bullshit-arguments on MTF and real life.

di palermo is a great guy, i don't know if there's anyone who has a reason to dislike him... (well, now ljuba...)

no wonder he's being selected over and over...

yes exactly : that's probably why it was easy to discredit Ljubicic for Nadal and let players choose the "reliable choice".

Roger the Dodger
07-17-2012, 06:38 PM
A new low for Nadal. Now he takes on one of the nicest guys the tour has ever seen. :facepalm:

Jagermeister
07-17-2012, 07:13 PM
A new low for Nadal. Now he takes on one of the nicest guys the tour has ever seen. :facepalm:

I'm missing things. Ljubicic I can take or leave but on what basis is that statement nothing but hyperbole?

Ljubicic is just being a whiner.

Allez
07-17-2012, 07:13 PM

Careful. You almost annihilated the entire physical universe...You do not put Nice + Luby together. I thought everyone knew that...

rutinos harcos
07-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Good move by Nadal. He takes care of one of the most obnoxious guys the tour has ever seen.

Fixed.

Kiedis
07-17-2012, 07:28 PM
LjuBicth and his feddyboys. Two of a kind.

sweetkit
07-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Good too see that reanimated Rafifans are starting to appear in GM. Must have got feeling the knee isn't that bad.

Burrow
07-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Can't see why so many MTF'rs now take a dislike to Ljubo. :shrug:

Historically, he's always been loved here. Also, a clean record in ethics. so what's with the hate now?

During his prime he was anything but loved here.

Roger the Dodger
07-17-2012, 08:28 PM
During his prime he was anything but loved here.

Neutral personality. No gimmickry. Family man. Ljubo has always been loved.

duarte_a
07-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Good too see that reanimated Rafifans are starting to appear in GM. Must have got feeling the knee isn't that bad.

Burrow
07-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Neutral personality. No gimmickry. Family man. Ljubo has always been loved.

I was only informing you that he was anything but loved during 2006/07 here on this forum.

Looner
07-17-2012, 08:48 PM
I was only informing you that he was anything but loved during 2006/07 here on this forum.

Who hated him :confused:. I'm intrigued.

Burrow
07-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Who hated him :confused:. I'm intrigued.

I don't know how you want me to answer this. With usernames, people, threads...I've no idea, it was 5 plus years ago.

Basically Ljubicic was disliked for being a 'useless number 3' by lots of neutral fans, fans of Nalbandian who claimed he was a far more worthy number 3 when they were changing from 3/4, by those who liked Nadal for his comments of being the real number 3 etc.

Ljubicic was far from loved 5 or 6 years ago and it's silly to suggest that he was.

I have always liked Ljubicic and he's one of my favourite players of all time, but others did not agree during this period.

Only when he started to decline and scored a big win every so often whilst looking increasingly like a 50 year old did he capture more fans and become somewhat of a cult figure :lol:

Looner
07-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Ah, thanks. That's a good explanation. I've always admired Ljubicic and his BH, considering his life's story. Since I've always liked him, I find it odd he was so disliked. I don't think the same will happen with Nadal though :lol:.

tangerine_dream
07-17-2012, 09:41 PM
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/smilies/jerkoff.gif Baldy whines and cries more than his own son. Needs to STFU already.

SheepleBuster
07-17-2012, 09:52 PM
I think this statement really proves that Ljubicic does deserve in the hall of fame, even though he did not win a slam. He and Yanik Noah are my heroes now.

s.m.
07-18-2012, 04:13 AM
ljubo can be full of shit, but this time i am on his side
after all we have a player who was doing something for other players by getting involved, and investing his time and energy to represent players
on the other side and we have a whiny crybaby that whines, but never does anything about anything

posters who attack ljubicic on some childish level are obviously so far nadal´s ass, that they cant smell the air anymore, so it makes their brain disfunctional

Honestly
07-18-2012, 04:25 AM
Nadal is falling.

Mimi
07-18-2012, 04:30 AM
ljubo can be full of shit, but this time i am on his side
after all we have a player who was doing something for other players by getting involved, and investing his time and energy to represent players
on the other side and we have a whiny crybaby that whines, but never does anything about anything

posters who attack ljubicic on some childish level are obviously so far nadal´s ass, that they cant smell the air anymore, so it makes their brain disfunctional

his intention to do job for other players is applausible, but people do have choice. If they prefer other candidates over him, he just has to accept the results. If the players found him much better than the elected one, they surely would vote him, even if rafa told them not to. I don't think Rafa pointed a gun at their heads and forced them to vote against Ljubo.

s.m.
07-18-2012, 04:43 AM
his intention to do job for other players is applausible, but people do have choice. If they prefer other candidates over him, he just has to accept the results. If the players found him much better than the elected one, they surely would vote him, even if rafa told them not to. I don't think Rafa pointed a gun at their heads and forced them to vote against Ljubo.

of course, but you can stay classy while doing that
prefer, lobby, but then when it s out that you act like that, people cant put it on ivan´s ego, because after all he has done something for players including nadal

obviously nadal likes to have more control, and that is also valid
ljubo put the effort, his personal, nadal obviously like to do it without putting his ass on the line
also valid

Mimi
07-18-2012, 04:55 AM
of course, but you can stay classy while doing that
prefer, lobby, but then when it s out that you act like that, people cant put it on ivan´s ego, because after all he has done something for players including nadal

obviously nadal likes to have more control, and that is also valid
ljubo put the effort, his personal, nadal obviously like to do it without putting his ass on the line
also valid

all i can say is that they both have some faults.

s.m.
07-18-2012, 05:13 AM
all i can say is that they both have some faults.

like i said, ljubo is full of shit, more often then not so i agree with you :devil:

but he earned everything in life and tennis and i resepect him for that
he s a doer so i dont appreciate when a bunch of crazed nadal fans go overboard to defend their hero

it s nice to see that nadal has normal fans on mtf too

Mimi
07-18-2012, 06:14 AM
like i said, ljubo is full of shit, more often then not so i agree with you :devil:

but he earned everything in life and tennis and i resepect him for that
he s a doer so i dont appreciate when a bunch of crazed nadal fans go overboard to defend their heroit s nice to see that nadal has normal fans on mtf too

thats no good without some good points to back you up, but then its also no good that some posters just go on over-praising whoever that have a beef with rafa even though that person also has faults, simply out of blind hate towards Rafa :shrug:

duong
07-18-2012, 08:39 AM
I don't think there's anything bad about all that, just politics :shrug:

born_on_clay
07-18-2012, 08:47 AM
the thread title :facepalm:

duong
07-18-2012, 09:14 AM

"Sabotage" is a word I've often seen used in this kind of election when someone who is not part of the voting panel but is powerful makes some lobbying to prevent somebody from winning the election.

Kiedis
07-18-2012, 10:23 AM
The level of idiocy in this thread is awesome even for MTF :o

Does Krajicek complained when Federer lobbied to avoid he was ATP CEO? No, he didn't. Because Krakicek isn't a crybaby/attention whore/bigmouthed clown

When there are two candidates for a job is normal that players support the one they like more. Plain & simple.

Take it like a man, sore loser!

rocketassist
07-18-2012, 10:25 AM

born_on_clay :facepalm:

who's arsed about this anyway?

Black Adam
07-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Nice to know that Nadal gives some losers sleepless anger filled nights.

TigerTim
07-19-2012, 02:45 PM
History will look back and state;

"That Rafa Nadal was as bad as Chairman Mao, with the face of Hannibal Lecter "

duong
07-20-2012, 01:14 PM
About one of the topics which has been discussed in this thread, I was reading back Tignor's blog and just read that :

“A few weeks ago,” writes Daily Mail reporter Mike Dickson of the Nadal-Federer-Djokovic relationship, “a very prominent figure in tennis’s global hierarchy was reflecting on the changing dynamic between the Big 3.”

“‘We’re in a phase,’” this figure said, “‘when Rafa and Novak take the opposite position on everything to Roger. And it’s not something you want to get caught in the middle of.’”

http://blogs.tennis.com/thewrap/2012/06/keeping-tabs-june-25.html

tennizen
07-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Interesting. No wonder Nadal has reversed the losing streak against Djokovic and is losing more often to Federer.

Fedfanforever
07-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Nadal has many faults, but from the info given, I can't see how he did much wrong.

myrt
07-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Whining is not a good way to keep yourself relevant after retirement. Ljubi must have a heightened sense of entitlement if he grouses about something so insignificant. Concentrate on the family now and a new career and leave all the tennis bs behind.

Allez
07-21-2012, 09:04 PM
The level of idiocy in this thread is awesome even for MTF :o

Does Krajicek complained when Federer lobbied to avoid he was ATP CEO? No, he didn't. Because Krakicek isn't a crybaby/attention whore/bigmouthed clown

When there are two candidates for a job is normal that players support the one they like more. Plain & simple.

Take it like a man, sore loser!

Fed did not run a campaign to prevent Richard from attaining that position. He just supported a different candidate so really there was nothing for him to complain about. Fed played Rotterdam this year which would have pleased Krajicek no doubt. Same thing with Rafa re this ridiculous Ljuba story. Just because Rafa didn't support him doesn't mean he sabotaged his candidacy :facepalm:

NID
07-21-2012, 09:38 PM
atp is full of pc bullshit. we need another jmac and jimbo on board.

TigerTim
07-21-2012, 09:51 PM
atp is full of pc bullshit. we need another jmac and jimbo on board.

and Ilie Nastase too

Black Adam
07-24-2012, 09:49 PM
If Jmac and Connors were playing today they'd make the hatred aimed at Nadal and Federer seem like a bad joke.

fast_clay
08-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Ljubicic did battle well with the mafia... imo he won... yes, for sure

Naudio Spanlatine
08-08-2012, 11:25 PM
:spit: :haha: :superlol: :rolls:

Honestly
08-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Nadal sabotaged the ATP. What else is new? :shrug:

heya
08-09-2012, 08:35 AM
notice the destruction to players who bowed down to ljub this year.