Does Murray envy Novak? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Does Murray envy Novak?

xargon
07-15-2012, 09:06 PM
I think there is a little bit of jealousy going on not with Fed/Rafa so much but specifically with Novak.
Just wondering if anyone feels the way I do?

Fireballer
07-15-2012, 09:16 PM
of course he does.Novak did everything Murray will never do

Moozza
07-15-2012, 09:24 PM
I doubt it. Djokovic's transformation probably motivates him, but Andy doesn't seem the type to be jealous.

Punky
07-15-2012, 09:41 PM
doubt it, he doesnt look like the jealous type

rocketassist
07-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Gimp thread from a gimp Serb with a US flag.

MuzzahLovah
07-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Murray has only ever been gracious to Novak in victory and defeat. (I can't say the same for Nadal or Federer when losing to him). I don't get where this is coming except as just another Murray hate thread.

xargon
07-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Gimp thread from a gimp Serb with a US flag.

Sorry pal, USA born and not Serbian. I am a fan of Novak and Rafa. Maybe the question should be, why are you so jealous of Novak?

xargon
07-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Murray has only ever been gracious to Novak in victory and defeat. (I can't say the same for Nadal or Federer when losing to him). I don't get where this is coming except as just another Murray hate thread.

Well, when asked at RG about the chance for Novak to win the NCYGS Murray replied, I hope he doesn't win it, or something like that. That's not very friendly especially when at AO 2011 Novak said about Murray- If I can't win the trophy myself I would like Murray to hold it.

rocketassist
07-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Sorry pal, USA born and not Serbian. I am a fan of Novak and Rafa. Maybe the question should be, why are you so jealous of Novak?

:confused:

gimp, as I said, and this thread is a shit thread. Most players on the pro tour bar two would probably envy Novak's CV.

/thread

green25814
07-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Well, when asked at RG about the chance for Novak to win the NCYGS Murray replied, I hope he doesn't win it, or something like that. That's not very friendly especially when at AO 2011 Novak said about Murray- If I can't win the trophy myself I would like Murray to hold it.

Of course he envies Novak's successes. If he didn't I'd be questioning his desire

Dumb thread

Moozza
07-15-2012, 11:57 PM

Err.. maybe Murray never wanted Novak to win the NCYGS because he would rather win one of those slams for himself?

swebright
07-16-2012, 12:17 AM
I don't think it's jealousy. He probably wish he can be like Nole; he even tried gluten free diet. Novak said it's not for everybody or something!

TennisGrandSlam
07-16-2012, 01:15 AM
Djoker can completely overcome Fedal, Muzzy doesn't!

xargon
07-16-2012, 02:17 AM
He probably wish he can be like Nole; he even tried gluten free diet. Novak said it's not for everybody or something!

Could be, he also got himself a Czechoslovak coach. :)I think the diet is only helpful if you have a sensitivity or allergy to the gluten.

xargon
07-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Err.. maybe Murray never wanted Novak to win the NCYGS because he would rather win one of those slams for himself?

Maybe, but Novak had the graciousness to say, if I can't hold the trophy myself I wish for Murray to do so. He didn't say, I dont want him to have it. That's why it sounds so unfriendly.

shiaben
07-16-2012, 02:24 AM
Jealousy and envy are two different things. I wouldn't say Murray is jealous at all. I sense he's more envious in a good way. He feels it is about damn time that he gets one freaking slam already. Reaching so many finals obviously drives him crazy. If he'd get one slam it would due him some clean relief.

Paylu2007
07-16-2012, 03:12 AM
lots of fishers today :)

really dude u have no facts for that statement, I suggest u get banned for a day or so, maybe that'll teach u to not acuse anyone with only your opinion...

as for what murray said about Novak CYGS, would u mind to post a link to that interview? ;) well if that actually happened

paseo
07-16-2012, 04:49 AM
I am a fan of Novak and Rafa.

Vis`-a-vis´, troll.

xargon
07-16-2012, 04:50 AM
OK Bubba, here it is

But if he was able to do it, which I hope he's not, it would be an unbelievable effort.'http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2150650/French-Open-2012-Andy-Murray-hails-Novak-Djokovic.html#ixzz20NLVBAD7

Paylu2007
07-16-2012, 05:35 AM
OK Bubba, here it is

But if he was able to do it, which I hope he's not, it would be an unbelievable effort.'http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2150650/French-Open-2012-Andy-Murray-hails-Novak-Djokovic.html#ixzz20NLVBAD7

That's not an interview, it's just fragments of it.. sorry but u cant take that seriously.

I also was hoping Nole didnt win CYGS, though :lol:

and im not envy :haha:

Sri
07-16-2012, 05:55 AM
Murraytards envy Noletards. True story.

DemiCrayanhan
07-16-2012, 06:17 AM
hmmm...wasn't everyone envious last year? just a little bit? :shrug:

it would be unreal if a competitive athlete wasn't envious of a peer's success. i don't see anything wrong with it.

rutinos harcos
07-16-2012, 11:27 AM
That's not an interview, it's just fragments of it.. sorry but u cant take that seriously.

No, you're just a Fedtard which is worse.

Looner
07-16-2012, 11:32 AM

He was still alive in the RG MD at the time. It's obvious he meant he'd prefer he'd win the whole thing himself.

Could be, he also got himself a Czechoslovak coach. :)I think the diet is only helpful if you have a sensitivity or allergy to the gluten.

Clueless ejacuzee. Please stop embarrassing yourself further.

Gullyfoyle
07-16-2012, 12:14 PM
I think there is a little bit of jealousy going on not with Fed/Rafa so much but specifically with Novak.
Just wondering if anyone feels the way I do?
Ah' you must be one of those North Americans that don't get irony.. inject that into the quote ( and he did say that ) and his statement to a question becomes quite benign and friendly.;)

xargon
07-16-2012, 05:49 PM

:haha:

Why? Who were you hoping to win it, Santiago Gonzalez? :p

Andi-M
07-16-2012, 06:33 PM
:lol: Andy sees Novak as his friend and rival. I think it niggles him slightly that he is not quite up there with Novak but thats cos he knows he can do better rather than wishing Novak was worse. It just motivates him to do better.

Allez
07-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Murray knows that envying anyone is a complete waste of time so no...

ServeVolley
07-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Doubt it... Jiří only reached the semis of a slam once in his career. :shrug:

finishingmove
07-16-2012, 10:21 PM
I think he kind of looks up to Novak. They're the same generation but Djokovic was slightly leading the way so far.

I don't think he envies any top player. He really fanboys Nadal actually :D