Rafael Nadal battling hard to be fit for the Olympics [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafael Nadal battling hard to be fit for the Olympics

Sri
07-15-2012, 04:59 AM
"I am doing everything possible to recover."

"After (winning the French open at) Roland Garros I had a difficult time, but the excitement is at its maximum, I am working as hard as I can and hopefully I will be at 100%."

"I am the one who is most worried. I hope that things improve and my intention is to arrive in London well prepared and recuperated. It is for this that I work every day."

"Carrying the flag will be something unforgettable and I hope that Spain continue on the path of success it has been on for the past few years."

"This is the hardest title to win because in the career of a tennis player you only get two or three opportunities"

"I feel very fortunate to have been as I was that week in Beijing. I had the luck to arrive at almost an impeccable moment."

Source: http://www1.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/7901437/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tennisrightnow%2FSkySports+%2 8Sky+Sports+%7C+Tennis+News%29

viruzzz
07-15-2012, 06:45 AM
Olympics need Rafa more than Rafa needs the Olympics.

He can show up, say "Hey, i'm alive!" and tank in R1, then recover well for the real deal, the USO-series.

Sri
07-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Olympics need Rafa more than Rafa needs the Olympics.

He can show up, say "Hey, i'm alive!" and tank in R1, then recover well for the real deal, the USO-series.
Sarcasm?

Federer4Everer
07-15-2012, 07:11 AM
Not sure why Rafa would care about Olympics

Choreos
07-15-2012, 07:27 AM
This seems like a fluff piece the media puts out in the down time. I mean it's not like Rafa wouldn't try to be in top shape for the Olympics. :rolleyes: I don't see anything to discuss.

Mystique
07-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Rejoice Rafa fans, your man is going to be running like a rabbit come Olympics time :angel:

paseo
07-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Sparta!!!!

cardio
07-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Hard preparation for olympics, really ?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4425319/Rafael-Nadal-goes-fishing-with-pals-in-Sardinia-ahead-of-Olympics.html

Just kidding, everyone has to relax and take time off sometimes.

What is surprising, in " real life photos" he doesnt look such a muscle mountain like on TV. He almost looks like swimmer or 1500 metre runner.Maybe he lost some weight to save knees

EddieNero
07-15-2012, 09:13 AM
What is surprising, in " real life photos" he doesnt look such a muscle mountain like on TV. He almost looks like swimmer or 1500 metre runner.Maybe he lost some weight to save knees

Swimmers have like 5 times wider shoulders than he does.

Litotes
07-15-2012, 09:33 AM

I thought the same thing. Could be he has had to (or wanted to) change his training regimen.

Allez
07-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Yep Rafa started shedding a shed lot of weight a few years back to prolong his career. That's why all this talk of a "decline" is pure BS. He's doing all the right things to continue playing well into his 30's.

born_on_clay
07-15-2012, 10:16 AM
Not sure why Rafa would care about Olympics

:help:

born_on_clay
07-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Rejoice Rafa fans, your man is going to be running like a rabbit come Olympics time :angel:

I really doubt it :sad:

karool
07-16-2012, 12:55 AM
I think he'll be fine, physically. Don't know if technically, he'll not have much time to practise. Tomorrow he'll receive the last part of his treatment.