All ok with Nadal at Wimbledon? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

All ok with Nadal at Wimbledon?

Stefanos13
06-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Is Nadal not telling us something? This is from his press conference:

"The transition [from clay to grass] is aggressive one, and sometimes playing as much as I did the last couple of months, you start to have, you know, physical, not problems, but troubles, so you cannot practice as much as you would like to prepare the tournament, no?"

Is he having some knee problems, or any other problems that worry him during Wimbledon? Certainly he looked lacking of confidence against Bellucci – the block return of serve said it all.

I'm worried.

Mimi
06-27-2012, 10:53 AM
didn't hear that he has injuries? I guess he is just in lack of confidence?

i am a bit worried too, but feeling less pressurize since he has won the FO. If he wins wimby, then it will be a bonus, if he does not, then its also ok., he still gets chances in FO next year :hug:

outrider
06-27-2012, 10:55 AM
I think he will rest for Olympics.

Just like heaven
06-27-2012, 11:08 AM
He says he's feeling well, both physically and mentally.

http://www.marca.com/2012/06/26/tenis/wimbledon/1340737169.html

TheShowMustGoOn
06-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Nothing is okay except his serve.

born_on_clay
06-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Nothing was ok tonight :sad:

evilmindbulgaria
06-28-2012, 10:38 PM
He has enough time to rest and think about his game until the Olympics. This loss is a blessing in disguise, he was bound to lose early sooner or later. So it happened this year - not a big deal. Rafa will bounce back just like he always does, have faith in him.

...and don't mind the haters comments in GM, those creatures has suffered for so long watching Rafa win that now this is the highlight of their pathetic little lives :devil:

Naudio Spanlatine
06-28-2012, 11:50 PM
I dont want to look at GM or go near it because if i do, flames will come out of this gemini:tape:

Mimi
06-29-2012, 02:34 AM
well, he will never break or come close to roger's slams records, thats for sure, but lets wish he does better in Olympics and Us open :hug:

evilmindbulgaria
06-29-2012, 04:52 AM
well, he will never break or come close to roger's slams records, thats for sure, but lets wish he does better in Olympics and Us open :hug:

Don't be so sure, Mimi ;)

Let him rest his knees now and prepare mentally for the rest of the year. It has been a great year so far and 1 loss will not change that :D

Edda
06-29-2012, 05:03 AM
I hope he wins in the Olympics.

Mimi
06-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Don't be so sure, Mimi ;)

Let him rest his knees now and prepare mentally for the rest of the year. It has been a great year so far and 1 loss will not change that :D

I admire your positive thinkings :yeah:

Stefanos13
06-29-2012, 06:52 AM
Well, I started this thread because I saw it coming. Unlike some optimism in this thread (thanks guys) I'm gutted by the loss but also about Nadal's performance. I haven't seen him so much out of sorts ever!

He looked out of place on grass and apart of the serve nothing else was working – not even his choice of shots.

He used to come to Wimbledon fired up after Roland Garros but this year the mind was somewhere else.

The only thing I can think of to explain that is some secret injury.

Anyway, I think this is one of his biggest career disappointments...

MariaV
06-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Well he sure is exhausted both mentally and physically from the clay court season. :awww: Those few days in Mallorca didn't really fix anything, now he'll at least have a week or so. I'm sure he can come back stronger. :)

born_on_clay
06-29-2012, 08:29 AM
I'm starting to see Rafa declining mentally. That's the worst part of it. In the 4th set we all saw old good Rafa pumping himself up. And that was it. Aside the 4th set he was not himself. Is it me or Rafa is complaining on court more and more ? About the conditions, about the waether, about anything else. He used to focus on the game and on the upcoming point only, where is that ability ?

Rafa is the GOAT
06-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Still would be an amazing year if he won another master 1000, WTF, USO and an Olympic gold
Then he'll have
2 GS
1 GS RU
1 OG
3 M1000
WTF
How would you rank this year in Rafa's years

Mimi
06-29-2012, 11:39 AM
i don't have high hope for us open to be honest, lots of big hitters can beat him. Overall, not a bad year, would be better if he could win the AO when he was 1 or 2 points away from a 5:2 lead in the final set :shrug:

TheShowMustGoOn
06-29-2012, 12:19 PM
He wont win US or Olympics.. 3 sets on grass.. unlikely these days. And Novak has the US sewn up already.

Rafa is the GOAT
06-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Just asking where you would place it on Rafa's best years, if he did

Foxy
06-29-2012, 02:19 PM
We should be happy he fought to make it to 5th set. There is absolutely nothing he can do to stop Rosol today. Rosol had everything on his side today from the luck to the conditions etc.

He has absolutely zero chance of winning the Olympics. But wouldn't write him out about US Open and post US Open tournaments where all players would be worn out and now Rafa can rest and start freshly the second part of the summer season.

A very big negative is that he will be seeded 3rd for the time being. Probably until WTF at least. Also bye, bye year end N1.

karool
06-29-2012, 02:37 PM
We should be happy he fought to make it to 5th set. There is absolutely nothing he can do to stop Rosol today. Rosol had everything on his side today from the luck to the conditions etc.

He has absolutely zero chance of winning the Olympics. But wouldn't write him out about US Open and post US Open tournaments where all players would be worn out and now Rafa can rest and start freshly the second part of the summer season.

A very big negative is that he will be seeded 3rd for the time being. Probably until WTF at least. Also bye, bye year end N1.

That. I don't believe in his chances at the olympics either. But for the USO, he'll have chances. In the last two years, he played better at the USO than that Wimbledon. Also, at the USO, we have a high bounce, more than AO, and more than at Wimbledon.

This Wimbledon was so weird, I couldn't see Rafa ok in any moment. His footwork wasn't good, neither his ROS. Only his serve, if he can keep that it's a positive thing.

born_on_clay
06-29-2012, 05:03 PM
he should focus on US Open and WTF. It would be nice if he wins one of these ;)

Foxy
06-29-2012, 06:42 PM
he should focus on US Open and WTF. It would be nice if he wins one of these ;)

Cinci, Shanghai or Paris would be a nice consolation as well. Don't you think? ;)

born_on_clay
06-29-2012, 10:58 PM
Cinci, Shanghai or Paris would be a nice consolation as well. Don't you think? ;)

I believe WTF is more crucial. Rafa really needs to win it at least once to make his achievements more complete :wavey:

Aenea
07-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I don't think this defeat is worrying in regard with Nadal's health. His mind was never on Wimbledon ever since Euro2012 started. He has arrived today in Kiev (http://www.marca.com/2012/07/01/en/football/national_teams/1341127126.html) to watch the final live accompanied by Pau Gasol and Fernando Alonso. I don't think Rafa is disappointed he lost at SW19.

He can do with his life whatever he likes but in this case he should have not entered Wimbledon at all. He should have come up with an injury/exhaustion excuse and just pass on the tournament GS or not.

I find his focus not being that much on tennis anymore, maybe he wants to just enjoy life - go fishing, play golf, shooting ads, spending time on his hobbies like football etc. No problem but if that is so just leave the game and tell your fans you have new priorities.

I on my part do not expect from Rafa to win anything significant anymore. He'll probably keep hanging in, reaching a couple of SF/F and not winning a title. For me Olympics and WTF are of no importance, meaningless titles. But USOpen is quite different story. Unfortunately he's not winning it again. IMO he will retire after this season.

Rafa is the GOAT
07-01-2012, 09:18 PM
You are not a Rafan, but a Rafahater, you are an even big fan as !Vamos Rafa!

Aenea
07-01-2012, 10:03 PM
You are not a Rafan, but a Rafahater, you are an even big fan as !Vamos Rafa!

Are you talking to me? :D

I see. Another newbie thinking s/he knows who is who on this board :lol:

Where is sokk btw? I don't see her around anymore. Wasn't she just as big a fan as the one here above? :scratch:

Rafa is the GOAT
07-01-2012, 11:04 PM
I aint being a newbie, I'm a bigger Rafa fan than any of you in this form and in the world
Sorry if you misunderstood me
I just mwant that you should believe in Rafa more and not let this loss get to you

karool
07-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Que espectáculo!!! creo que nadie podrá igualar lo q hemos hecho!!! Que rabia no haber podido estar en Kiev!!! Felicidades ESPAÑA!!

Amazing!! I think It will be very difficult for anyone to repeat this. What a shame not being in kiev!! Congratulations SPAIN!!!

-----

From Rafa's Facebook. So I think he didn't go to Kiev. There's no photo of him there too.

The point is: his game didn't work this time. I don't know what kind of things he missed, if there was a physical problem. But in 4 matches on grass this year, he didn't show in any of them a game for grass. Was defensive, his footwork was weird, and his ROS was awful. He has to work very hard if he wants to have a chance on Olympic games. Vamos!

Just like heaven
07-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Some fans noticed those dots on his left knee. I don't know if it's from injections or something else.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05ZLdm3a3E3b9/1000x.jpg

MariaV
07-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Let's not get paranoid, he was simply too tired both emotionally and physically from the clay court season and didn't have the best preparation for grass or the best day last Thursday. Things happen. Actually best of 3 on grass will be shorter and if he'll regain his focus there's no reason he couldn't do well at the Olympics. *one can hope, right?*

Just like heaven
07-02-2012, 12:11 PM
I don't really care what he does at the Olympics. Since he already has a gold medal I don't think winning another one would mean that much for his career.
And they only give 750 ranking points to the winner. :help:
I'd rather see him win Toronto or Cincinnati.

MariaV
07-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah, and he'll be called the Olympic Champion forever. :D
And one positive side - now he won't be too exhausted for the autumn - end of season like he usually has been.

Foxy
07-02-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't really care what he does at the Olympics. Since he already has a gold medal I don't think winning another one would mean that much for his career.
And they only give 750 ranking points to the winner. :help:
I'd rather see him win Toronto or Cincinnati.

Actually if he wins again the Olympics he would be the first and only player in history to win 2 singles gold medals on 2 different surfaces where Rio 2016 is still ahead and may be on clay, not sure. Could well be a potential 3rd gold medal on yet another surface. That achievement would never be beaten. Think about it.

I would choose this year's Olympics over USO for sure.

MariaV
07-02-2012, 01:15 PM
LOL Foxy getting carried away. ;)
You were at Wimbledon too? :o

Edit: btw these could be just some gnat bites. We have soooooooooo many gnats this summer. :help:

Mimi
07-03-2012, 09:14 AM
we don't need Olympics, he got one gold already, we need more slams :shout:

another topic: Maria, how can we get the no. of top posters in a thread like you do for Action Jackson in that rafa got beaten by Rosol thread? :lol: Yes, he made the most number of posts and he is a fedtard :haha:

MariaV
07-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Mimi, when you go one step/page back to the page with the thread titles, there are the columns - Replies, with the number of replies in each thread. Can you see that? When you click the left side of the mouse on this number, the list of posters and number of posts by them in this thread appears. Hope I was clear enough. :o

Mimi
07-04-2012, 02:08 AM
i got it, many thanks Maria :hug: :kiss:

Rafa is the GOAT
07-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Its a fact, you remember those injections on Rafa's left knee during his match?
He has tendinitis and has pulled out of AlmaNadal
That is what he meant by saying: Everything I say now will sound like an excuse

Castafiore
07-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Well, his knee tendinitis isn't a new issue.

It's been an ongoing problem for years and it will remain an issue for him.

So, it's a matter of dealing with that issue as best as possible.

In that sense, the Rosol defeat should come without an excuse.
He lost fair and square. :shrug:

MariaV
07-04-2012, 10:03 AM
I want to apologize to all, I suffer a tendinitis and I can't to play against Novak for Alma Nadal. I share with you my apologies, in particular to the fans that had already purchased a ticket to such a good cause.

From his FB. Now that's.... :facepalm:
He obviously played too much during the clay court season. And this is the result. As Hilde said, he should've dealt with it better. :o

I see the even will be postponed. :o

Mimi
07-04-2012, 10:54 AM
who is Alma Nadal? :confused:

MariaV
07-04-2012, 11:12 AM
who is Alma Nadal? :confused:

It's just how this charity exhibition match in Madrid vs Djokovic was called I think. Alma means smth like 'soul' in Spanish if I'm right.

Mimi
07-04-2012, 11:15 AM
It's just how this charity exhibition match in Madrid vs Djokovic was called I think. Alma means smth like 'soul' in Spanish if I'm right.

thanks Maria, i thought this could be the name of Rafa's grand ma :wavey:

MariaV
07-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Hehe Mimi, I don't know his gradmas names but I doubt it. :o
You're welcome, and thanks for all your reps, queen of reps! :kiss:
Hope you're doing well and your boss is not too bad. :hug:

born_on_clay
07-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Rafa :hug: :sad: I had a hunch there is someting wrong going on :sad:

guga2120
07-04-2012, 04:50 PM
So his knees are messed up and he got his wisdom teeth pulled out. Poor guy. He should be smart about the olympics. I know he will be there but if he is not fit, he should not play again.

born_on_clay
07-04-2012, 06:03 PM
he will play no matter the cost, it's Olympics and we all know what it means to Rafa :shrug:

shawshank
07-04-2012, 06:29 PM
I would always choose another Grand Slam over Olympics. The only thing I care about in tennis right now is Rafa to overtake Federer's with number of Slams. This is why I have to cheer so badly for Djokovic on Friday...
I would think that Rafa could play this exho even when little injured. I mean all people that bought tickets must be really angry. It's not so easy to set a new date, because Real Madrid will soon start new season and Bernabeu will be booked for another 10 months...

Foxy
07-04-2012, 09:00 PM
I would always choose another Grand Slam over Olympics. The only thing I care about in tennis right now is Rafa to overtake Federer's with number of Slams. This is why I have to cheer so badly for Djokovic on Friday...
I would think that Rafa could play this exho even when little injured. I mean all people that bought tickets must be really angry. It's not so easy to set a new date, because Real Madrid will soon start new season and Bernabeu will be booked for another 10 months...

Same here I will be rooting for the Djokovic and then for Murray at the final. But I don't think Olympics is not important.

Mimi
07-05-2012, 02:52 AM
Hehe Mimi, I don't know his gradmas names but I doubt it. :o
You're welcome, and thanks for all your reps, queen of reps! :kiss:
Hope you're doing well and your boss is not too bad. :hug:

my pleasure to give you reps :hug:

i am not doing well, have been in this "zombie, drowsy, cannot open my eyes like in dreams status" on and off for 3 months :zzz: Am now drinking Chinese herbal bitter tea but does not help that much :zzz:

hope you are doing well and the weather is fine :hug:

MariaV
07-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Awww Mimi, you need some rest! Herbal tea is good for you even if it doesn't taste that good! :hug: :hug:

We have lots of rain but at least it's not too hot... yet. :tape:
I'm having a vacation next week. :)

Mimi
07-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Awww Mimi, you need some rest! Herbal tea is good for you even if it doesn't taste that good! :hug: :hug:

We have lots of rain but at least it's not too hot... yet. :tape:
I'm having a vacation next week. :)

not much use, i tried to sleep as much as possible on the days I don't have to work but the zombie conditions are still the same :zzz:

doctor said this zombie conditions is most likely caused by having too much stress and thinking too much :zzz:

thanks anyway :hug:

good weather for Maria soon, no more rains :umbrella: :umbrella:

have an enjoyable and relaxing vacation, wear your bikinis and go to the beach: a Safin-looking man is there waiting for you :aplot: :hearts: