Netherlands F1 R1: Kontinen "comeback guy" d.Van der Linden 64 62 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Netherlands F1 R1: Kontinen "comeback guy" d.Van der Linden 64 62

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2012, 01:24 PM
the comeback :drool:
was 3-4* down in the first set
struggled a bit with serve today, but he got the victory finally :)

RonaldGomez
06-12-2012, 07:27 PM
COME ON Henka :-)))

CooCooCachoo
06-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Can't rate Van der Linden as a good opponent, but very glad to see Kontinen back :yeah:

CooCooCachoo
06-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Interesting info:

8 months ago I was on the surgeons table and it's been a long and tough way to get back, but I'm really happy to be back on the tennis court competing again. Obviously my knee is priority number one right now and the results come after. Because of this I'm playing matches in the beginning without using my legs on my serve. Even though this takes away my best shot and I pretty much start all my service points in a neutral situation, I feel like it's the best and safest thing for my knee right now. Gradually increasing the stress I put on the knee is the best way to go, until I am 100% confident that my knee will feel good after playing and serving fully for three long sets. With this said, my knee won't be an excuse for any loss, if it feels really bad I won't play. At the moment my knee feels good and like I said I'm just happy to be back in action, finally. My motivation is extra high after being away so long and right now I just need matches to get back in my 'groove'. Thank you for all the supportive messages I have gotten! -Henkka #fb

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/hqgr5d

Lopez
06-12-2012, 07:57 PM
I seriously hope Henkka can recover and finally play full seasons without injuries. He has huge potential IMO, huge serve, great attacking game and great mentality.

Dougie
06-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Good to see him back, he has a nice game, but I´m afraid he´s had too many injuries already to ever make it to top 100. I hope I´m wrong, though!

Hian-GOAT
06-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Sombrerero loco :yeah:

Henri :)

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2012, 09:20 PM
he can definately be top 100 player if remains healthy. when he came back last year he was in top form, just watch his results...if he is healthy he will be top 100, for sure :) i believe so much in him

RonaldGomez
06-15-2012, 08:08 AM
Had to retire in his R2 match...but played doubles the day after. His tweets :

knee felt better today and therefore decided to play my doubles match. got a nice win over a dutch pair. semifinals tomorrow!

Unfortunately I was forced to retire after the first set today. When I woke up this morning, I felt that my knee had a slight negative reaction from yesterdays match. I was hoping it would feel better after it got warmer during the match but that wasn't the case so there was no point continuing when I couldn't move properly. Probably just part of the progress and I will see how I feel tomorrow and then decide about doubles. No point in risking anything. Sometimes you have to take one step backwards before taking two forwards.