Most Humble Player in Tennis? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Most Humble Player in Tennis?

Pages : [1] 2

MTwEeZi
06-08-2012, 08:33 PM
I saw Djokovic making an effort to get on the good side of the crowd today.

Defining humble players as those who sign autographs, believe in fair play, never talk down, etc.

jojoh07
06-08-2012, 08:40 PM
del potro

Telegram Sam
06-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Easy. Nadal. He's the most humble sportsman ever and that's one of the reasons everybody (that counts) love him.

It's unreal how humble he is concerning his greatness.

:worship:

TigerTim
06-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Nadal, behind closed doors is probably as humble as a communist propaganda broadcast. I voted Murray :p

Mark Lenders
06-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Tsonga, Del Potro, Cilic and Nishikori

thrust
06-08-2012, 08:48 PM
del potro

Probably del Potro, then Isner. Of the top 4, Novak.

Action Jackson
06-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Berdych, Tipsarevic, Odesnik and Pashanski

Game.Petzschner
06-08-2012, 08:49 PM
roddick easily ,who else could it be..

Deathless Mortal
06-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Nadal is the true humbalito, everybody else step aside.

xdrewitdajx
06-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Isner, Del Potro stand out to me

Murray out of the top 4. Djokovic as well, though some of it does seem forced/fake at times

david_is_not_fat
06-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Djokovic? :lol:

Lee
06-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Berdych, Tipsarevic, Odesnik and Pashanski

Good one! :lol:

heya
06-08-2012, 09:52 PM
roddick and fed. (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22825103/vp/21428033#46647223)roddick has a small head

Mjau!
06-08-2012, 10:56 PM

Defining humble players as those who sign autographs, believe in fair play, never talk down, etc.

Odd choice of players. :confused:

tennisfan856
06-08-2012, 10:57 PM
kevin anderson.

BauerAlmeida
06-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Safin was the most humble.

Now Delpo, Baghdatis too, maybe Isner...

Pirata.
06-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Ferrer and Del Potro

Edda
06-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Rafael Nadal
Juan Carlos Ferrero

Filo V.
06-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Filippo Volandri.

FlameOn
06-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Federer :lol:.

Answer is probably Ferrer. His entertainment value is humble too :p.

abraxas21
06-09-2012, 03:52 AM
anyone agrees with jack sock? see my sig

VolandriFan
06-09-2012, 03:54 AM
Proportionate to his success, definitely Del Potro.

out_here_grindin
06-09-2012, 05:04 AM
Baghdatis
Del Potro

GSMnadal
06-09-2012, 07:14 AM
Federer and humble? :haha:

Nadal is the most humble winner, Djokovic the most humble loser.

arm
06-09-2012, 10:16 AM

If we name a player according to your definition then certainly Nole is up there.

But although he does all that, I don't necessarily think he is the the humblest player out there.

Maybe Delpo, Simon, Isner. But it's hard to compare the top3 guys with the rest of the field, you're always bound to become a bit arrogant when you're successful. Although personally I think Roger takes it a bit too far. :lol:

Chirag
06-09-2012, 10:22 AM
I think we need to judge this by how they behave on and off the court .Ferrer comes to mind here and I think Delpo does too :p Those 2 are my picks

arm
06-09-2012, 10:27 AM
From What I have seen of Ferrer off court, during practice sessions, etc, he certainly shouldn't be part of this talk.

sportstennis
06-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Federer and humble? :haha:

Nadal is the most humble winner, Djokovic the most humble loser.

selfish arrogant brat fan

:sad:

Edda
06-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Federer is at his most obnoxious when he loses, while Djoko is ungracious when he wins. Djoko's chest-thumping and putting his finger to his head is disgusting behavior.

emotion
06-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Baghdatis would be mine, then Ferrer. Murray is quite humble as well, Djokovic is pretty good

TigerTim
06-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Can I just say again, not Nadal.

Nr 1 Fan
06-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Of the top players, I think it's maybe Tsonga and even more Ferrer (who I voted for). Federer is arrogant and Nadals humility is as fake as can be, as we could see today again, the mask can fall off quickly.

Nr 1 Fan
06-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I think though the true humble guys can be found in the lower echelons of the game.

swebright
06-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Paradorn??

Kat_YYZ
06-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Ferrer, and also Del Po :)

Federer is not really humble, but he's not arrogant either. It's possible to be in the middle; doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. :rolleyes:

RandomChiller
06-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Ferrero?!

emotion
06-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Mosquito is a good one

I actually think Nadal has bigger ego than Fed, but Fed definitely has a bit of one too.

Looner
06-11-2012, 12:18 AM
I love Fed's ego :inlove:.

Being humble and being dumb are two separate issues and it's a matter of when you believe a player is humble and when one fakes.

Djokovic has learned to fake interviews quite well as he's had to deal with the RN BS machine. Fed, for me, is humble because when he says sth, he actually thinks it. If he plays a mug and calls himself an underdog, it'd be embarrassing.

Ferrer's definitely quite humble but it's tough to compare these guys. One has 16 slams and the other has zilch. You don't get to 16 slams by being a humble faker.

Delboy's also quite humble but he also wants to win badly. Hard to say how humble he is. He's definitely a nice guy though.

finishingmove
06-11-2012, 01:56 AM
david pics ferrer

BigJohn
06-11-2012, 02:25 AM
It's Federer by far. Others are humble also, but the humblest of them all is the mighty Fed.

Jimnik
06-11-2012, 02:28 AM
Granollers seems pretty humble to me. :shrug:

r2473
06-11-2012, 03:28 AM
#1: Laver

#2: Borg

#3: Ashe

Nadal's demeanor reminds me a lot of Agassi. Both really, really fake. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Federer reminds me a little of Sampras. Well, not really.

None of these 4 strike me as humble (which isn't a bad thing by the way).

Roamed
06-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Of these, Del Potro.

I think the top guys suffer in the humble stakes to some extent, in that every little thing they say is over analysed and leapt upon, some incidental comment can become an article which can become an issue. On the other hand, every little nice thing they do is leapt upon in the opposite way and held up as something extraordinary when often it's actually pretty ordinary.

Gillouthe best
06-13-2012, 05:45 AM
Ferrero IMO.

tennisnba
06-13-2012, 08:11 AM
lol

always dissatisfaction, grumble, complaints. Dissatisfaction to a schedule. Dissatisfaction to surface. Ego and selfish for two-years-ranking.

boycott threat. excuse of injury information of exaggerated, (for loses) always fake time-out. Roar. Shout. Overaction. Intimidation. annoying noisy long vainly routine.

selfish arrogasnt brat. unpleasant of nadal fan.

duong
06-14-2012, 08:27 AM
Different people have different concepts of humility, I know mine is very different from many other people's, but from what I see on court David Ferrer has enough to be ahead of every other one (he even has a problem lacking confidence in himself).

nalbyfan
06-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Edberg, Gasquet, Ferru

dazed1
06-14-2012, 01:07 PM
AHahahah Nadal in option for vote! :D

Ferrer for sure.

MachineGun
06-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Ferrer, in my opinion.

There is a legend that says Federer is a very humble person. Yes, he is classy, most of the time, but by no means he is the most humble. The various times in which he made it clear that he knew he was talented, and the times he made jokes to his opponents (Roddick, for instance), are quite revealing. He is humble most of the times, but he proved that he could also be very self-centered sometimes.

And if it wasn't clear enough, I say it as a fan of Roger.

shelley76
06-14-2012, 01:36 PM
AHahahah Nadal in option for vote! :D

Ferrer for sure.

What you should be laughing at is Roger being in this poll :rolleyes:. He is NOT humble at all.
Neither is Djokovic.

Nadal and Ferrer for sure. I also think John Isner seems quite humble.

Time Violation
06-14-2012, 01:46 PM
It's Federer by far. Others are humble also, but the humblest of them all is the mighty Fed.

:spit: :lol:

Wing Man Frank
06-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Mahut.

duong
06-14-2012, 01:55 PM
the times he made jokes to his opponents (Roddick, for instance), are quite revealing.

Federer laughing at Roddick ? I don't remember anything like that :confused: if you can remind me.

anyway for the "revealing part", Fed has always been used to digging, even when he was nothing on Tour, coached by Lundgren. From what I heard, he has more the character of a "joker" than Djokovic actually ;)

There are several characters of people which are interconnected and it's not easy to distinguish and even to define what is the pure "humble" part, it's really a matter of people's perception.

For instance, for me, it will be hard to see someone who can't accept making little errors and doesn't accept the role of luck like Nadal, as someone "humble", because it's not my perception of humility (it's important for me as a human to accept that humans can't control everything, there's something which will always escape us, Nadal on the opposite recently said that "you always deserve what you get" because surely he has been said that thousands times since he was a boy that's his education ... and he didn't seem to be so sure of that when he said it actually : probably he thinks something different far inside ;) ). I guess somebody who has been said thousands times the value of hard work will probably think that, and in a way hard workers are humble persons in the way they work ... but sometimes when they have succeeded they're worse than all the others because they consider that if the others didn't succeed, it's just because the others "didn't work enough" then didn't deserve it. I don't like the people who reach that point, people who just "received" success without making a whole fuss of how they got it, are usually easier to talk with and more tolerant.

For many others, somebody who admits that he's very good, even though it's true, is not humble at all. Somebody who is good should never say it, always find a way to "lower" or "hide" it in the way he speaks ... especially because when he says it, he hurts the others who didn't get that luck, he hurts their envy. That's not my perception because I know that, well, some are better than others, they didn't deserve it but they're lucky and well they can't do anything against it but they just have to accept the nature :shrug: As long as you still accept that you're a human like the others, that others can be good as well, and especially be good at something else than you're good at or at least you can recognize that they have something good, it's OK for me (I have a personal perception about all that because I've been objectively very good at some things comparing to some others -even it's hard sometimes to realize that others can't do what is very natural for you - ... and also very very bad and nearly disabled at some other things :lol: it helps looking at this as something "natural" and that in the end everyone is just a human :lol: because I'm just all the same human when I'm very good at something and when I'm very bad at something else :) ). And envy is a feeling I prefer avoiding, and anyway which just comes from myself, not from that other person, I don't have to blame the other person for that.

etc etc ... I think the problem with people's perception is not really about the pure "humility" factor" but about their whole perception of a character.

tripwires
06-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Ferrer, in my opinion.

There is a legend that says Federer is a very humble person. Yes, he is classy, most of the time, but by no means he is the most humble. The various times in which he made it clear that he knew he was talented, and the times he made jokes to his opponents (Roddick, for instance), are quite revealing. He is humble most of the times, but he proved that he could also be very self-centered sometimes.

And if it wasn't clear enough, I say it as a fan of Roger.

Federer laughing at Roddick ? I don't remember anything like that :confused: if you can remind me.

I think he was talking about this particular post-match interview from a few years back. After beating Roddick, Roger said something about how he enjoyed playing Roddick and joked that it was because he always won.

I used to view Roger through my Fedtard glasses and was absolutely convinced that he's humble. Truth is, he's probably pretty arrogant. I can relate to that - if I were him my ego would be out of this world. He's doing pretty well as it is.

eieieishockey
06-14-2012, 02:54 PM
sorry off topic but can someone explain ferrerīs nickname "pics" to me? thx

bokehlicious
06-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Federer. And it's not close.

duong
06-14-2012, 03:11 PM
I think he was talking about this particular post-match interview from a few years back. After beating Roddick, Roger said something about how he enjoyed playing Roddick and joked that it was because he always won.

I remember something like that not sure when but in my memory on that, it was clearly a joke ! I don't understand how someone can be shocked by a joke.

I used to view Roger through my Fedtard glasses and was absolutely convinced that he's humble. Truth is, he's probably pretty arrogant. I can relate to that - if I were him my ego would be out of this world. He's doing pretty well as it is.

I don't know, I'm sure he's very proud of himself, yes, but "humble" and "arrogant" are still other different things than "proud of oneself" in my mind. I know some journalists and people who know him see him this way but is these journalists' perception the same as mine ? Also the aura he has and the way people speak about him is obviously very annoying (also to me) and it also surely influences the way people look at him.

Anyway, from what I heard, he behaves quite well and naturally with other people who don't have his success (for instance a reporter said something totally different about Gustavo Kuerten), which is very hard to do in his position (Roddick said that he could never do what Fed did), and that's something important to me, also as far as "humble" is concerned.

And I do think that he fears and respects many players, including Roddick but also far lower ranked players. He knows he can lose to them.

PS : yes I don't like the Wimbledon jacket and the "RF" cup, but well he managed to make the cup like a recognition sign between fans, which is actually pleasant when you do actually love him and go to a stadium. I remember when he sent a cup to a little boy who was very ill and was a huge fan of him, whatever we think of that cup, there are children like that who must feel better having this cup and thinking of their idol - which is also true, and perhaps even more, for Nadal by the way, who is preferred by children.

Hian-GOAT
06-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Seppi, and it's not even close :lol:

Nadal is humble as..
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/tumblr_lhg8o4eBhb1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Shinoj
06-14-2012, 03:59 PM
And How exactly do you know that Which Player is Humble and stuff.. Just by Watching Matches and listening to their interviews.

Federer remains Humble throughout but cant accept anybody beating him on the Tennis Court. AFter the US Open it was a pretty bad comment he made about Djokovic' Forehand WInner

And What about Nadal? Why does he wants all the conditions to be exactly like he wants.. His Business is playing tennis.. Leave the Rest

Amongst the Top 4 i could say Djokovic and Murray do not have any Noiceable incidents like that. I could say with some Conviction that Djokovic and Murray could be the most Humble amongst the Top Guys... Even though its a hard judgement to make as it is..

BauerAlmeida
06-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Yes, I don't like him a bit as a player but Murray is very humble.

ProdigyEng
01-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Alright, so who do you guys think is the most humble active player?

For me it has to be Juan Martin Del Potroooooooooo! Guy is as humble as it comes. Takes losses like a man and doesn't celebrate like a bitch when he wins, always congratulates his opponent and more often than not gives them a hug, the gentle giant he is :angel: . Also check how he acts when he retires Roddick, one of the best acts of sportsmanship in the history of the game.

BackhandDTL
01-23-2013, 10:53 PM
JMDP

The Roddick retirement says it all.

Mental Giant
01-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Nadal deserves a shout out for obvious reasons. A true champion both on and off the court!

Nole fan
01-23-2013, 10:55 PM

For me it has to be Juan Martin Del Potroooooooooo! Guy is as humble as it comes. Takes losses like a man and doesn't celebrate like a bitch when he wins, always congratulates his opponent and more often than not gives them a hug, the gentle giant he is :angel: . Also check how he acts when he retires Roddick, one of the best acts of sportsmanship in the history of the game.

Wait until he starts winning. ;)

Commander Data
01-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Federer

Nole fan
01-23-2013, 10:57 PM
cough*cough

Commander Data
01-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Federer talking in german is very humble :shrug:

PeteCentral
01-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Fognini.

Saberq
01-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Nadal

Looner
01-23-2013, 11:00 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Djokovic with his classy and subdued celebrations.

Commander Data
01-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Humbolito is 2nd

janko05
01-23-2013, 11:02 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Djokovic with his classy and subdued celebrations.

there we go...

TigerTim
Berdych, Easily. Tomic is a close second.

Nole fan

I would have mentioned him, but it goes without saying. :shrug:

BackhandDTL
Humbolito is 2nd

You mean his cue card guy is. The real guy is not that humble.

He's just never lost a match while perfectly healthy, so he's never had anything to be upset about.

BigJohn
01-23-2013, 11:04 PM
Federer

The thread can now be closed.

Commander Data
01-23-2013, 11:05 PM
He's just never lost a match while perfectly healthy, so he's never had anything to be upset about.

that is hard to argue against

cveks
01-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Viktor Troicki :)

cveks
01-23-2013, 11:06 PM
Federer is the most arrogant prick of ATP tour.

Lierer . Insulterer. Arroganterer.

He just tries to act as humble guy.

People with brain read his mind game and removes his mask from his face.

Honestly
01-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Federer for sure.

Commander Data
01-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Why is Federer the most humble?

Because he is the GOAT but never says it!

cannot get any more humble then that...

it is like you are god but never say "hey, btw I'm god!"

Honestly
01-23-2013, 11:09 PM
Most arrogant is Dull.

ProdigyEng
01-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Meh. I wouldn't say Federer, Djokovic, Nadal or Murray are the most humble. Top 4 all have claims of being humble, but also things that let them down, so not sure on any of them.

MTwEeZi
01-23-2013, 11:11 PM
Does it get any humbler than this?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwvkl6eAa11qcryjz.gif

cveks
Why Federer is not humble?

Because when he loose , he almost never give credit to his opponent, he never says "he was better" "he played good" . Instead of that he says on press conferences , where he did mistakes, what he did bad etc.

Thats arrogant man who thinks that no one could ever be better than him , ever, if he plays his A game.

And thats not simply true.

BigJohn

http://www.africanexecutive.com/images/uploaded_images/00/River_Nile_in.jpg

cveks
01-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Federer for sure.

Strongest era in tennis was 2008-2012

2004-2007 was weak era.

Honestly
01-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Federer is honestly humble. Dull is fake humble.

Commander Data
01-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Why Federer is not humble?

Because when he loose , he almost never give credit to his opponent, he never says "he was better" "he played good" . Instead of that he says on press conferences , where he did mistakes, what he did bad etc.

Thats arrogant man who thinks that no one could ever be better than him , ever, if he plays his A game.

And thats not simply true.

Fed is the most loved player by far. think people love an arrogant prick? your view is clouded my friend :hug:

Commander Data
01-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Strongest era in tennis was 2008-2012

2004-2007 was weak era.

we cannot compare, 2004-2007 was an eggless-time.

SliceAce
01-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Are we talking about fake humility or genuine humbleness? Because Fakervic and Nadull have enough false humility for the whole tour while Federer is actually humble based on his amazing accomplishments. Del Mugro isn't good enough to be arrogant or humble.

cveks
01-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Fed is the most loved player by far. think people love an arrogant prick? your view is clouded my friend :hug:

People like Fed because he is winner. They like his success. But we dont talk here about that, we talk about that is he humble or not.

And he is not humble man - at all. He is opposite thing - arrogant prick who enjoys to insult other players on tour who are his main competitors for titles.

Ben.
01-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Ferrer.

ProdigyEng
01-23-2013, 11:18 PM
People like Fed because he is winner. They like his success. But we dont talk here about that, we talk about that is he humble or not.

And he is not humble man - at all. He is opposite thing - arrogant prick who enjoys to insult other players on tour who are his main competitors for titles.

Dude, I think you are mistaking Federer for his fedtards...

BigJohn

A very polite way to put it.

cveks
we cannot compare, 2004-2007 was an eggless-time.

No anywhere Nadal Murray or Djokovic in that era, except Nadal on clay , so it was weak era.

All this 3 players beat Federer in most cases since 2008 so thats why this era is strong and 2004-2007 weak.

In 2004-2007 fed didnt have almost any competition.

Trollicki
01-23-2013, 11:19 PM

While I do not share cveksī assessment of Federerīs personality and think he is a decent enough guy, Iīd say the love people feel toward Fed is based first and foremost on his style of playing, coupled with his calmth. It speaks to their artistic sensibilities.

Commander Data
01-23-2013, 11:19 PM

Fed was asked today on his thoughts about playing Murray and Djokovic now. he said it looks like Mnt Everest in front of him but he will try his best.

Very arrogant indeed...

cveks
01-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Dude, I think you are mistaking Federer for his fedtards...

Nope.

Federer gave interview in 2009 in which he accused Djokovic that he is quitter and faker , who fakes his health issues and deliberately quit his matches.

Read this

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/federer-offers-no-sympathy-to-quitter-djokovic-1-756030

Brit Tennis Fan
01-23-2013, 11:21 PM
None of the "big 4" are humble and there is a good reason for that.

BigJohn
Wow. Some people are truly uneducated and cluless about the strength of the 2004-2007 era.

Honestly
Fed was asked today on his thoughts about playing Murray and Djokovic now. he said it looks like Mnt Everest in front of him but he will try his best.

Very arrogant indeed...

Does it get any more humble than this?

cveks
01-23-2013, 11:22 PM

Very arrogant indeed...

You are humble when you give credit to your opponent , and say some good things for him when he defeats you - and Federer is never doing that.

Commander Data
01-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Nope.

Federer gave interview in 2009 in which he accused Djokovic that he is quitter and faker , who fakes his health issues and deliberately quit his matches.

Read this

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/federer-offers-no-sympathy-to-quitter-djokovic-1-756030

a sensible opinion with regards to what djoker did (retire with sore-throat for example..) keep in mind that Federer has NEVER retired.

Mark Lenders
01-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Del Potro. His retirements of Roddick and Safin are a great example, but not even the best. He always gives credit to his opponent in victory and in defeat and doesn't blame injuries for bad results even when it's obvious to everyone watching that they hindered him, he just says the opponent was better and he needs to work harder(even in AO 2010 where he played with a limp wrist he didn't say anything)

Wait until he starts winning. ;)

What do you mean by this? Did you hear his USO 2009 title speech? Definitely didn't look arrogant at all, well on the contrary.

BigJohn
01-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Nope.

Read this

Federer spoke the truth. There are many reasons why Fakervic deserves that nickname.

Honestly
01-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Wow. Some people are truly uneducated and cluless about the strength of the 2004-2007 era.

They think it was weak because Roger was so dominant. Doesn't change the fact that it was the strongest era in history. GOAT and clay GOAT playing at the same time. Utter dominance.

GOATsol
01-23-2013, 11:25 PM
federer

always humble after losses :)

BigJohn
01-23-2013, 11:27 PM
They think it was weak because Roger was so dominant. Doesn't change the fact that it was the strongest era in history. GOAT and clay GOAT playing at the same time. Utter dominance.

This has been clearly explained many times in these forums, but every now and then, a new crop of fools pops up and it happens all over again...

SliceAce
01-23-2013, 11:29 PM
As a Fed fan, I will admit part of being his fan is wanting the whole world and a piece of pie. Most Fed-hating trolls are poor, like cveks who can barely type, but we still get mad because no one is allowed to dislike our Roger :p

ProdigyEng
01-23-2013, 11:29 PM
cveks will you please remove yourself from my thread. I made this thread to genrate good discussion, with users giving reasons as to why they think _____ is the most humble player, not to see your silly little triade at Federer and fans who say he is the most humble.. Sure I don't agree with them that Fed is the most humble, but I respect their opinions nevertheless. I feel I test the limits with my fed/fedfan bashing, but there's a limit, and you cross the limit all the time.

ProdigyEng
01-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Also weak era trolls are pathetic.

Trollicki
01-23-2013, 11:31 PM
By the way, among top players I would say Del Potro and Ferrer are good candidates for this title.

cveks
01-23-2013, 11:32 PM
a sensible opinion with regards to what djoker did (retire with sore-throat for example..) keep in mind that Federer has NEVER retired.

All people are not Fed.

Different people has different problems etc.

cveks
01-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Federer spoke the truth. There are many reasons why Fakervic deserves that nickname.

Federer lied and insulted Novak.

He had health problems.

Which are now , solved I hope permanently.

BigJohn
01-23-2013, 11:33 PM
All people are not Fed.

Different people has different problems etc.

Some people's problems are cheating and faking.

Mark Lenders
01-23-2013, 11:33 PM

Couldn't agree more.

cveks
01-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Some people's problems are cheating and faking.

Some people's problem is that they are bad, arrogant and without good manners.

These people are maybe great champions, but never will be great men.

MaxPower
01-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Flo Mayer, Cilic, Rosol

JediFed
01-23-2013, 11:40 PM

Dammit Looner. Thankfully my keyboard will be ok.

ProdigyEng
01-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Why is cveks not been banned yet?

SliceAce
To seriously answer the question, the most humble players are the ones you don't even hear about. It's easy to be humble when you're at the top and you have a media prep team. It's the guys like Ferrero, Blake, Robredo, Dr. Ivo who've been at the top but love the game enough to play challengers, grind on courts where there is no audience or media, and quietly go about their business. Guys who struggle with injury and don't call it quits like the media divas Roddick and Safin.

Federer is always real which I like about him, but no one should expect humbleness from the greatest player of all time. He's still much humbler than Sampras who only now begrudgingly admits Federer is a better player than him. Even so, their realness is 100x better than the canned responses of Nadull, Fakervic, and Mugray :o

BigJohn
Some people's problem is that they are bad, arrogant and without good manners.

These people are maybe great champions, but never will be great men.

Nobody debates that, but everyone with a working brain knows that those things don't apply to Federer. The guy is the best ambassador the sport, or any sport for that matter, has ever had. He is known for how a humble champion he is. Only bitter Nadaltards and delusional Noletards think otherwise.

Brick Top
rafael nadal,while federer being least humble.

Honestly
This has been clearly explained many times in these forums, but every now and then, a new crop of fools pops up and it happens all over again...

Yeah they don't have the capacity to understand it, given they have the tennis intellects of ants.

Honestly
01-23-2013, 11:42 PM

No idea.

EliSter
01-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Fedtards try to puch Olderer being best at everything. Just no. Cant wait friday :drool:

Lestat
01-23-2013, 11:46 PM
Normally I would say Humbolito, but he has recently retired from tennis so my pick is JMDP.

EliSter
01-23-2013, 11:47 PM

Because if they ban cveks they should ban 70% of Fedtards that behave same. So it doesnt pay off :shrug:

Deathless Mortal
01-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Ferrer, no contest.

Time Violation
01-23-2013, 11:48 PM
Ferrer, no contest.

Yup, Ferrer and it's not even close

Corey Feldman
01-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Djokovic and his humble pointing at a ball 3 feet inside the baseline

Fed is the real epitome of humble

Fujee
01-23-2013, 11:55 PM
Delpo is a humble guy. Tsonga and Ferrer are too.

Don't think any of the top 4 are particularly genuinely humble. Just media trained ponies really. Getting told what to say in victory and defeat.

Time Violation
01-23-2013, 11:57 PM

I think Del Po had some episodes time and again with Argentinian DC team, though I don't really know the details.

Kowchi
01-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Berdych.

Jk, probably Ferrer. The man keeps to himself and just plays tennis.

Lestat
01-24-2013, 12:04 AM
I think Del Po had some episodes time and again with Argentinian DC team, though I don't really know the details.

King David just cant deal with his humility :)

Being serious Nalbandian is way more loved by argentinians, it seems we just like more badasses :devil:

cveks
01-24-2013, 12:04 AM
rafael nadal,while federer being least humble.

Yeah.

Expect now horde of Fedtards to jump on you.

Lestat
01-24-2013, 12:05 AM
Yeah.

Expect now horde of Fedtards to jump on you.

he is Humbolito, he course he is the most humble player (retired) in the tour.

Honestly
01-24-2013, 12:06 AM

Don't think any of the top 4 are particularly genuinely humble. Just media trained ponies really. Getting told what to say in victory and defeat.

:haha: I played a future where he was at. Humble :haha:

Mark Lenders
01-24-2013, 12:12 AM
You could start a poll with some of the good shouts made here and some more - obviously ignore obviously troll suggestions (you know what they are, I'm sure).

Trollicki
01-24-2013, 12:14 AM
King David just cant deal with his humility :)

Being serious Nalbandian is way more loved by argentinians, it seems we just like more fatasses :devil:

Fixed Though I actually like David

Saberq
01-24-2013, 12:18 AM

Ljubicic was 3rd in the world..........I rest my case

August
01-24-2013, 12:18 AM
Nadal deserves a shout out for obvious reasons. A true champion both on and off the court!

Like bumping with Rosol.

Anyway, I'd say Ferrer and DelPo are the most humble players, at least in top 10.

Corey Feldman
01-24-2013, 12:25 AM
Nadal is humble when he's winning (easy to do)

his true filthy side comes out when losing (the Rosol match where he couldnt hide it)

Corey Feldman
01-24-2013, 12:27 AM
was Djokovic humble towards Roddick in 2008 US Open?

Delpo had his moments bad mouthing Muzza's Mother

think of it, when has Fed ever had an on court beef? #truehumble

Trollicki
01-24-2013, 12:29 AM
was Djokovic humble towards Roddick in 2008 US Open?

Delpo had his moments bad mouthing Muzza's Mother

think of it, when has Fed ever had an on court beef? #truehumble

X2GUpbNKSWs

Corey Feldman
01-24-2013, 12:31 AM
outside influence instigated by them

Fed was praised worldwide for puting them in their place :D

Trollicki
01-24-2013, 12:34 AM
Praised or not, it was still beef he had with them. And he did not quite solve it in a humble way.

End da Game
01-24-2013, 12:35 AM
yup OP, couldn't have said it better myself

Regenbogen
01-24-2013, 12:36 AM
The thing about being humble is that you have to be unobtrusive about it, or it's not really humble at all. So whoever it is it's probably somebody people don't constantly associate with humility. :shrug:

I think it's kind of overrated anyways.

Corey Feldman
01-24-2013, 12:37 AM
since when did he have a beef with that big mouthed mob

other way around

and again it wasnt on court beef with another player, Fed is above them all.

BauerAlmeida
01-24-2013, 12:40 AM
Not Federer or Nadal for sure.

Tsonga, Del Potro or Ferrer probably.

From the top 4 maybe Murray. I don't remember him discrediting an opponent or something like that.

GrimbleGromble
01-24-2013, 12:42 AM
It's Tsonga hands down. Ballkids always say he is the nicest guy by far.

Federer is honest most of the time therefore he cannot hide his massive ego. Like the other day when Courier asked him how was he able to return Raonic's serve and he said "I have very good reflexes"

Trollicki
01-24-2013, 12:45 AM
What difference does the beef being on court or off court make in Fedīs humility?

Corey Feldman
01-24-2013, 12:45 AM
From the top 4 maybe Murray. I don't remember him discrediting an opponent or something like that.good point

Time Violation
01-24-2013, 12:48 AM
good point

Murray is too busy lashing himself to care about opponents :lol:

SliceAce
01-24-2013, 12:49 AM

From the top 4 maybe Murray. I don't remember him discrediting an opponent or something like that.

Literally today :lol:
Q. Where do you stand on the idea that you could be undercooked going into the semifinal because you've only played three set matches so far?
ANDY MURRAY: Well, I mean, it kind of depends. You know, Roger has not lost a set yet. He has played some tough players, you know, and a variety of different styles. So I'd say he's been tested pretty well.
For me, I mean, today was a decent test. You know, really the last match was the one that was kind of a tough one just because, you know, normally against Simon, it's a lot of long rallies and it's a tough match against him. It was just kind of a nothing match. There was nothing really going on. There was no real atmosphere between us on the court. That was a tough match for me.
But, you know, who knows. I played a lot of tennis in December. I had some good matches in Brisbane. So, I mean, I can't be disappointed about being in the semis of a slam without dropping a set. That would be silly.

not that I'm complaining, he's right. Just that this is the kind of thing Federer says which gets massive hate in the media and from tards here, and Murray has a bit of that in him as well. Wish he was a little less fake about his adoration of Nadull compared to Federer though, that aspect of his personality is pathetic :o

Corey Feldman
01-24-2013, 12:49 AM
What difference does the beef being on court or off court make in Fedīs humility?well it makes a big difference if someone else is starting a beef, IMHO

the one on receiving end shoulnt get brought down by it

Djokovic camp attacked Fed
Nadal attacked Soderling, Rosol at Wimbledon
Delpo attacked Muzza in Rome

Trollicki
01-24-2013, 12:51 AM
Meh, I feel Fedīs reaction was a tad too agressive there to qualify as justified, but fair enough.

delboy
01-24-2013, 12:52 AM
Tsonga probably.

True, muzza may act like a tool and a faker on court (sometimes) but he always gives credit to his opponents win or lose in post match interviews.

Sauletekis
01-24-2013, 12:53 AM
Ferrer and no one is even close!

Corey Feldman
01-24-2013, 12:53 AM
Fed is bad tempered, is no doubts about that

i like that side of him

again even today he barked at that umpire (same ump he abused in US Open final http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0035.gif)

patalala
01-24-2013, 01:34 AM
Definitely agree with OP!
Also Ferrer, even though I don't like him.

Federer is most definitely not humble. He exudes arrogance.

stebs
01-24-2013, 01:36 AM
I think all of the top players are fairly 'humble'. Just look at the lengths the fanatics have to go to in order to try and discredit the other players. Articles from 4 years ago? Videos of incidents 5 years ago? In a high octane, emotional environment, these guys all stay respectful a massive proportion of the time. Of course that doesn't mean there is never a mistake made in frustration or anger, but with 1000's of hours of televised court time, how can anybody possibly be expected to have no mishaps?

Topspindoctor
01-24-2013, 01:44 AM
Nadal is the most humble guy on the ATP tour.

howyesno
01-24-2013, 02:50 AM
top level sport and "humble" don't mix well. the real question here is - who is the best in pretending to be humble. and in that category, nadal wins by landslide. for those mentioning "humble" guy ferrer, just watch his match against almagro when he thought he's going to lose. cursing left, right and center - humble my a$$.

Ben.
01-24-2013, 02:54 AM
top level sport and "humble" don't mix well. the real question here is - who is the best in pretending to be humble. and in that category, nadal wins by landslide. for those mentioning "humble" guy ferrer, just watch his match against almagro when he thought he's going to lose. cursing left, right and center - humble my a$$.

Does anger negate humility?

howyesno
01-24-2013, 02:57 AM
don't you think so? if you're humble, you don't expect anything, so why get angry when losing?

Ben.
01-24-2013, 03:01 AM
In certain contexts, yes, but not in and of itself.

howyesno
01-24-2013, 03:06 AM
well, I gave you the context, and you were the one taking philosophical discourse. in the given context, ferrer is anything but humble, more like arrogant prick annoyed by his pigeon almagro offering resistance.

Sauletekis
01-24-2013, 03:10 AM
don't you think so? if you're humble, you don't expect anything, so why get angry when losing?

Well he was very calm considering the number of mistakes he was doing. Of course, after a very huge amount of non-normal mistakes, it is only human that he showed hisn angryness! One thing is humbleness, other thing is not showing human feelings...

Ben.
01-24-2013, 03:12 AM
well, I gave you the context, and you were the one taking philosophical discourse. in the given context, ferrer is anything but humble, more like arrogant prick annoyed by his pigeon almagro offering resistance.

Oh I didn't see the edit.

Well that is quite an extreme interpretation of the events. I'm sure Ferrer expected to attain a certain standard of tennis in the match. It seems you saw the match so you know he was playing well below his normal standard.

Honestly
01-24-2013, 03:14 AM
Ljubicic was 3rd in the world..........I rest my case

Ljubicic would have been an even more accomplished player was it not for Federer. Sorry but you fall under the category of a poster with the tennis IQ of an ant.

howyesno
01-24-2013, 03:15 AM
Well he was very calm considering the number of mistakes he was doing. Of course, after a very huge amount of non-normal mistakes, it is only human that he showed hisn angryness! One thing is humbleness, other thing is not showing human feelings...

you don't get it, but understandable - hard to expect a tomic fan to know anything about humbleness :cool:

atennisfan
01-24-2013, 03:20 AM
Humbolito during and after his loss in 2012 Wimby was personification of being humble.

leng jai
01-24-2013, 03:25 AM
Hass

Honestly
01-24-2013, 03:29 AM
Hass

I dunno. If you said Haas I might have agreed with you but I don't know this Hass guy.

Caesar1844
01-24-2013, 04:17 AM

You are foolish if you think that the bolded isn't true for any of the top players.

In order to be the best you have to believe you're the best, even if it isn't true. If you don't believe you are better than the guy at the other end of the court then that is when you choke.

The only players who are truly humble are losers and failures.

EliSter
01-24-2013, 04:34 AM
Robredo.

Kat_YYZ
01-24-2013, 04:35 AM

He was cursing himself for not being better, not cursing his opponent for playing well. :rolleyes:

It's Ferrer, hands down. :)

Caesar1844
01-24-2013, 04:39 AM
He was cursing himself for not being better, not cursing his opponent for playing well. :rolleyes:

It's Ferrer, hands down. :)
You are only disappointed by losing to someone if you believe you are better than them. There is nothing humble about Ferrer, nor should there be.

leng jai
01-24-2013, 04:53 AM
Being confident in your own ability doesn't automatically mean you're arrogant. The difference between being humble and arrogant lies in how you convey that confidence.

tennisfan856
01-24-2013, 04:57 AM
tipsarevic clowns around in other aspects of the match, but he is pretty damn humble towards his opponents.

Mountaindewslave
01-24-2013, 05:00 AM
no way is it Del Potro, depression and robotic-ness do not equate automatically to humbleness. I do think he is pretty humble but the most no way? and I love Juan but he just so void of emotion at such a vast # of times that I don't think he could win this

it's got to be David Ferrer. that guy is always a class act. win or lose he smiles on his face and his nice about it. watch him in interviews, he talks so quietly, the dude is incredibly humble

DTL
01-24-2013, 05:01 AM
Ferrer..and Del Potro.

IOFH
01-24-2013, 05:01 AM
Federer, followed closely by Ferrer. That's why we should all hope for the GOAT slam final in humbleness between them, for the triumph of tennis and humanity in an overall humbling experience for all of us.

IOFH
01-24-2013, 05:02 AM
You are only disappointed by losing to someone if you believe you are better than them. There is nothing humble about Ferrer, nor should there be.

I've seen Ferrer curse like that against all of the big 4 numerous times.

Caesar1844
01-24-2013, 05:02 AM
Being confident in your own ability doesn't automatically mean you're arrogant. The difference between being humble and arrogant lies in how you convey that confidence.
Humility is having a modest opinion of oneself.

No top athlete has a modest opinion of themselves. If they did they wouldn't have the self-belief to succeed. They just pretend to have a modest opinion in interviews because it's what people expect.

Guys like Tomic who have no filter - behind the facade, that is what every player thinks of themselves. "I'm either the best or I have the ability to be the best - I can beat anyone". If they don't, they could never even get themselves in a winning position against the other top players.

I've seen Ferrer curse like that against all of the big 4 numerous times.
Because he believes he can be better than them. If he didn't he would just roll over and fold every time he plays them.

iridescent.
01-24-2013, 05:04 AM
Del Potro, he always gives credit to his opponent, and he always respects the guys ranked above him like Federer.

acionescu
01-24-2013, 05:15 AM
I thought this matter was settled already.

:hearts: Rogie :hearts:, of course

PiggyGotRoasted
01-24-2013, 05:15 AM
It's davydenko, he just says what he thinks and knows his place in the game. I can't think of anyone else

Kat_YYZ
01-24-2013, 05:21 AM
Because he believes he can be better than them. If he didn't he would just roll over and fold every time he plays them.

yes, can be. If it was a simple matter of 'who is better' 75% of the tour would quit playing and do something else for a living. Even though someone is concretely better than you, you might still beat them on a given day. That's what competing is about. Your definition of 'humble' is ridiculous: a guy who goes around thinking "everyone is better than me, I have no expectations" :lol: why show up then?

IOFH
01-24-2013, 05:21 AM
Because he believes he can beat them in a given match. If he didn't he would just roll over and fold every time he plays them.

FIFY. Which has nothing to do with being humble or not, that's just his way of dealing with frustration. BTW, I've almost never seen Ferrer shout and curse at opponents winners, something which actually is arrogant and something Djokovic, Nadal and Murray for example do.

jojoh07
01-24-2013, 05:28 AM
Its federer

Nole Rules
01-24-2013, 05:29 AM
Delpo. Ferrer too.

caisenma
01-24-2013, 05:35 AM
Djokovic, if he didnt rip his shirt annually and scream like a maniac would be right up there. Win or lose, he is dignified and I respect him for that.

Caesar1844
01-24-2013, 05:51 AM
yes, can be. If it was a simple matter of 'who is better' 75% of the tour would quit playing and do something else for a living. Even though someone is concretely better than you, you might still beat them on a given day. That's what competing is about. Your definition of 'humble' is ridiculous: a guy who goes around thinking "everyone is better than me, I have no expectations" :lol: why show up then?
This is the point. Players who don't have massive tickets on themselves don't have the stuff to compete. Ferrer says all the nice things in interviews but when he is two sets down against Almagro he is actually thinking "this guy is not good enough to beat me. He can't beat me. He's not going to beat me." And that's why he kicks his ass, instead of choking like a little bitch.

Anyone who succeeds in professional sport is not humble underneath. If you do not realise that you are very ignorant.

manadrainer
01-24-2013, 06:07 AM
You are humble when you give credit to your opponent , and say some good things for him when he defeats you - and Federer is never doing that.

Yeah what about the wtf final last year when he congratulated djokovic about the win and the Y. E. #1 and told him "you are the best"?

Fed isn't the most humble out there, but what you state isn't necessarily true.

Del GOATro is the most humble imo.

Alex999
01-24-2013, 06:18 AM
Tomic :bolt:

Andi-M
01-24-2013, 06:31 AM
I think its Ferrer he is so sweet and humble, but genuine with it in a way others are not. Really not sure why Fed has so many votes!!

bokehlicious
01-24-2013, 06:32 AM
Federer

EliSter
01-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Federer

Suprise pick.

Kat_YYZ
01-24-2013, 06:41 AM
This is the point. Players who don't have massive tickets on themselves don't have the stuff to compete. Ferrer says all the nice things in interviews but when he is two sets down against Almagro he is actually thinking "this guy is not good enough to beat me. He can't beat me. He's not going to beat me." And that's why he kicks his ass, instead of choking like a little bitch.

Anyone who succeeds in professional sport is not humble underneath. If you do not realise that you are very ignorant.

well the thread is called the most humble player -- not the most humble human being. So we should be comparing apples to apples, not apples to oranges, yes?

So we are comparing people who are equally "not humble underneath" to each other (not to pizzeria chefs, electricians or other people with jobs/identities outside of pro sports).

So now that we've cleared that up, I'll stick with Ferrer. :angel:

GSMnadal
01-24-2013, 06:43 AM
Federer

You're such a fanboy :o

It's Nadal.

NID
01-24-2013, 06:43 AM
Tomic and Federer

HKz
01-24-2013, 06:46 AM
Ferrer

Roger the Dodger
01-24-2013, 06:47 AM
Juan Martin, Marin, David are truly humble.

Among the top four, its Murray. But some arrogance is required to succeed.

Acer
01-24-2013, 06:49 AM
Federer.

TBkeeper
01-24-2013, 06:50 AM
Davydenko.
Next.

GSMnadal
01-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Juan Martin, Marin, David are truly humble.

Among the top four, its Murray. But some arrogance is required to succeed.

The only reason Murray is humble is because he gets humbled everytime they play him. It's hard to be arrogant when you get beaten every time you meet them. Only one that has that quality is the Swiss Cheese.

sportstennis
01-24-2013, 06:55 AM
You're such a fanboy :o

It's Nadal.

right> usual fake time-out. arrogant gamesmanship. excuse. selfish two=year-ranking. looks down on sampras era. etc.

really numble.

Lestat
01-24-2013, 06:59 AM

ok that was the joke, now give us the honest answer.

Caesar1844
01-24-2013, 07:36 AM
well the thread is called the most humble player -- not the most humble human being. So we should be comparing apples to apples, not apples to oranges, yes?

So we are comparing people who are equally "not humble underneath" to each other (not to pizzeria chefs, electricians or other people with jobs/identities outside of pro sports).

So now that we've cleared that up, I'll stick with Ferrer. :angel:
You would have to pick some loser player with no confidence who chokes constantly, not the fourth ranked player in the world.

bokehlicious
01-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Suprise pick.

I read tons on the guy the past 10 years, and really it's unreal for such a great champion to be so humble :shrug: there are many more arrogant guys at my local club that get cocky when they win some regional tournament...

Johnbert
01-24-2013, 08:30 AM
nadal, no?!

uxyzapenje
01-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Tomic by far.

Roger the Dodger
01-24-2013, 08:48 AM
The only reason Murray is humble is because he gets humbled everytime they play him. It's hard to be arrogant when you get beaten every time you meet them. Only one that has that quality is the Swiss Cheese.

Actually, that's not why I called Andy humble. Honestly, I feel he's never been as self-assertive as the other three.

But take Tomic for instance. His self-assertion is very strong for a twenty year old. If there will ever be a change in attitude, it will be a remarkable one. I wouldn't want him to be 'humble' anytime soon or it will reduce his belief against top players (like Murray?).

yuri27
01-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Del Potro and Gasquet(too much humble for his own good actually).

Chris Kuerten
01-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Ferrer by far.

As if he wasn't humble enough from himself, he gets humbled even more every slam.

Crazy Girl
01-24-2013, 09:03 AM
DAVID!! :hug:

GUSTAVO!! :hug:

DOMINIK!! :hug:

these two players are not active, but i love them too much and I want to remember...

Commander Data
01-24-2013, 09:14 AM

Nadal isn't on the ATP tour :hug:

leng jai
01-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Clearly it's the "incredible" Nole. AJDE!

Commander Data
01-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Djokovic: "Tonight I just played incredible!"

humblovic :worship:

Chris Kuerten
01-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Djokovic: "Tonight I just played incredible!"

humblovic :worship:http://www.thetennisspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Novak-Djokovic-rips-shirt.jpg

Taking humbleness to a new level :worship:

Jverweij
01-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Because if they ban cveks they should ban 70% of Fedtards that behave same. So it doesnt pay off :shrug:

they have my blessing.

Anyways OT: I agree with JMDP, very nice and humble guy. None of the top players is humble. Nadal and Nole are too much in your face all the time, and Fed is a sour loser. Murray's tendency to shout at himself when his opponent makes a good shot indicates that he thinks everything is always in his hands.

Kat_YYZ
01-24-2013, 09:35 AM
You would have to pick some loser player with no confidence who chokes constantly, not the fourth ranked player in the world.

that doesn't make him "humble" it makes him non-delusional. :rolleyes: And as for the second part, you can be humble and yet still have healthy self esteem. A humble person has normal, healthy self-confidence, but doesn't take anything for granted.

This is dumb. I've given my answer; why don't you give yours?

challenger
01-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Why is Tsonga not added to the poll?

Nirjhor
01-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Kei Nishikori. :worship: No doubt about it. :D

RIboy
01-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Tomic

Looner
01-24-2013, 04:21 PM
To be fair, I think it's really hard to say who's humblest. No matter how much exposure they get and how many pressers they get, you can never ever know what people think.

So, to determine the humblest you'd have to literally read their minds or get someone really close to them to ask them questions to determine their arrogance level. Then, you can place that metric in a matrix against their achievements which is the only proper way to do it.

Fed, Nadal and Djoker (together with Muzz) can be quite arrogant and self-assured in light of what they've achieved. Conversely, Tomas "My FH is the best" Berdych (I don't dislike this trait of his) cannot be called humble. Basically, we're just playing a guessing game.

EDIT: Someone mentioned Ferrero and I think that's a good shout. Blake a cool dude and of the current crop Del Potro is definitely quite humble but I can't be quite sure about that.

Deathless Mortal
01-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Ferrer deservingly winning the poll :worship:

caisenma
01-24-2013, 05:45 PM

... so you're talking about Stan, then?

Naudio Spanlatine
01-24-2013, 05:46 PM
No one really. Everyone is a bitch. They have hissy fits too. :lol:

Nole fan
01-24-2013, 06:05 PM
20 people voted Federer. :haha:

Houstonko
01-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Probably del Potro, then Isner. Of the top 4, Novak.

Are u serious Novak?

Both Novak and Rafa is a life for haters. They live on hate. The more hate they get the stronger they become.

They treat other players like enemies.

In the top 4 is Murray for sure. Fed likes to be the bully, hates to be bullied.

Sauletekis
01-24-2013, 08:03 PM
you don't get it, but understandable - hard to expect a tomic fan to know anything about humbleness :cool:

Is that your argument? Seriously? Did I ever said Tomic was humble? And BTW, the subject is about Ferrer. Is that your way to avoid talking using actual arguments, like normal people?

BigJohn
01-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Is that your argument? Seriously? Did I ever said Tomic was humble? And BTW, the subject is about Ferrer. Is that your way to avoid talking using actual arguments, like normal people?

I don't want to get in the middle of your conversation, but I believe your signature needs to be updated since it is a couple of years past it best before date and the player you listed as the present is retired...

Please carry on.

ON TOPIC:

Ferrer is indeed humble, but his achievements are good, not great. Federer being one of the humblest sportsman in history while being the most dominant player ever in the sport. His achievements unmatched. Now that is a true sign of ultimate humbleness.

Jimnik
01-24-2013, 09:37 PM
None of the above.

Elaka Farmor
01-24-2013, 10:13 PM
A player who is in the final and lose the match with purpose (without anybody even suspect it) just so the other player can feel good with the trophy and prize money, thats a humble player.
Do we have someone like that? I dont think so....... :sobbing:

emotion
01-24-2013, 10:35 PM
"Sometimes it doesn't depends on me, it depends on my opponent. When I was in semifinals in Roland Garros, Australian Open, U.S. Open, I lost to the best three players," (Ferrer) said.

"I am trying to do my best every match, but I know they are better than me. What can I do?"-CNN

The Prince
01-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Marcel.

Honestly
01-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Humblerer.

/thread

Johnbert
01-25-2013, 05:27 AM
A player who is in the final and lose the match with purpose (without anybody even suspect it) just so the other player can feel good with the trophy and prize money, thats a humble player.
Do we have someone like that? I dont think so....... :sobbing:

of course we have. the mighty warlocq :bowdown:

cutesteve22
01-25-2013, 06:27 AM
Ferrer

Sophitia36
01-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Ferrer and that's not even a contest.
True, he has not achieved anything close to what Federer, Djokovic or Nadal have done.

I definitely don't see any of the Big 3 as really humble. Don't mistake me, I don't blame them for it, I think they are entitled to a little arrogance or even more. Some people say that true great champions are always arrogant to some degree. Maybe that's the reason why they are there, precisely.
Ferrer's humbleness and non-delusional approach is probably one of the key to his success, and so far it has been rather beneficial than detrimental I believe, but one question is whether it's also one of the main reasons why he cannot rise higher.

Modetopia
01-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Nadal's demeanor reminds me a lot of Agassi. Both really, really fake. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
This.

Sauletekis
01-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Ferrer and that's not even a contest.
True, he has not achieved anything close to what Federer, Djokovic or Nadal have done.

I definitely don't see any of the Big 3 as really humble. Don't mistake me, I don't blame them for it, I think they are entitled to a little arrogance or even more. Some people say that true great champions are always arrogant to some degree. Maybe that's the reason why they are there, precisely.
Ferrer's humbleness and non-delusional approach is probably one of the key to his success, and so far it has been rather beneficial than detrimental I believe, but one question is whether it's also one of the main reasons why he cannot rise higher.

Actually I agree with this, but at the same time I think it works the other way too. For playing as "equals" such as Berdych, D-Pot and Tsonga it sure helps. But maybe if he didnt respect so much the top 4, he could have snatched a couple of matches from them. He is too humble sometimes. He has to be ambicious. Not settling for being the number 5 player. Even if his rank is already pushed by him to maximum level. But a player always have to aim number 1. That is the way a trully champion is and should be...

MTwEeZi
01-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Humblerer.

/thread

81FhjNuHXDE

Corey Feldman
01-25-2013, 07:10 PM
Ferrer shouts too much on the court, he abused a female umpire for being a female and famously threatened A BABY in the crowd

there was only one humble man ever and that was The Rockhampton rocket aka Mr Rod Laver

maybe Edberg as well

BackhandDTL
01-25-2013, 07:20 PM
Ferrer shouts too much on the court, he abused a female umpire for being a female and famously threatened A BABY in the crowd

there was only one humble man ever and that was The Rockhampton rocket aka Mr Rod Laver

maybe Edberg as well

+1