Do you get pissed off when someone says something positive about an opponent? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do you get pissed off when someone says something positive about an opponent?

Filo V.
06-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Basically, you're watching a match, and a favorite is playing in the match. You're favorite is losing or is struggling, and a poster makes a positive comment or cheers on, their favorite. Does that piss you off? It pisses me off. I just want to say, shut the fuck up, fuck you. Like, I get borderline offended. It's like, why are you saying this when you know I want the opponent to win? That's why I don't like being in the livescore thread. I'll just get too angry.

Anyway, how does everyone here react in such a situation?

Fireballer
06-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Filo take your meds man

Hewitt =Legend
06-07-2012, 04:07 PM
I put on Adele and cower under my blanky.

Chris Kuerten
06-07-2012, 04:09 PM
I think that's because you can be a pretty weird dude at times, Filo.

TigerTim
06-07-2012, 04:10 PM
I put on Adele and cower under my blanky.

and sing to your fave "you couldda had it allllll, youuu had my heart and soulll"

ServeVolley
06-07-2012, 04:17 PM

Send them death threats via PM... Or flip the table over. Or take a cricket bat to the TV. Anything to try and vent the unstoppable rage which consumes me. :shrug:

Looner
06-07-2012, 04:17 PM
*Your.

Regenbogen
06-07-2012, 04:37 PM
No.

What does piss me off though is when I'm actually at a tournament and someone sitting near me starts talking about how terrible my favourite is. Especially if they're also a fan. It's like, shut up and be a good mindless fanboy and don't make me face the facts. :lol: But on the internet I don't care.

Fat Camel
06-07-2012, 04:38 PM
I can be pissed off if everyone is bashing my favourite.

Time Violation
06-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Basically, you're watching a match, and a favorite is playing in the match. You're favorite is losing or is struggling, and a poster makes a positive comment or cheers on, their favorite. Does that piss you off? It pisses me off. I just want to say, shut the fuck up, fuck you. Like, I get borderline offended. It's like, why are you saying this when you know I want the opponent to win? That's why I don't like being in the livescore thread. I'll just get too angry.

It's one thing if someone comes to livescore thread just to piss other people off, while being a fan of neither player. Normal to be irked. However, being upset because someone is cheering for his own favorite is unreasonable. Just mind your own player, this is a forum for everyone :shrug: Or stay in the player's forums I guess.

motorhead
06-07-2012, 05:02 PM
I think that's because you can be a pretty weird dude at times, Filo.

:haha:

Filo V.
06-07-2012, 05:13 PM
It's one thing if someone comes to livescore thread just to piss other people off, while being a fan of neither player. Normal to be irked. However, being upset because someone is cheering for his own favorite is unreasonable. Just mind your own player, this is a forum for everyone :shrug: Or stay in the player's forums I guess.Well, it's not necessarily that they are cheering their own favorites, it is that but even more so that they are rooting against my favorite. And especially if my favorite ends up losing. It just irks me. I want them to shut up and have a little respect towards me or other fans of the losing player.

With that being said, you're ultimately right, everyone is entitled to their own preferences in terms of who they follow, whatever. You're totally right but it still pisses me off.

ossie
06-07-2012, 05:15 PM
yea i hate it when clowns start praising mugs.

Time Violation
06-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Well, it's not necessarily that they are cheering their own favorites, it is that but even more so that they are rooting against my favorite. And especially if my favorite ends up losing. It just irks me. I want them to shut up and have a little respect towards me or other fans of the losing player.

With that being said, you're ultimately right, everyone is entitled to their own preferences in terms of who they follow, whatever. You're totally right but it still pisses me off.

Well, if you weren't pissed, it means you don't care at all, in that case why bother watching? :p It's part of the deal as I see it :lol:

scarecrows
06-07-2012, 05:30 PM
I just want to say, shut the fuck up, fuck you. Like, I get borderline offended. ?

so thatīs what you tell me when I bash Serra?

Li Ching Yuen
06-07-2012, 05:33 PM
It's good to see that you've finally come to grips with your weakness.

Also, Volandri sucks, and so does Serra.

Orka_n
06-07-2012, 05:45 PM
I only get annoyed when posters take stuff that are downright false and pretend they are facts.

Which btw happens all the time here.

Filo V.
06-07-2012, 06:07 PM
It's good to see that you've finally come to grips with your weakness.It's bad to see you're still a self-aggrandizing jackass.

Also, Volandri sucks, and so does Serra.Says the guy who hypes Olivetti and De Schepper :haha:

moon language
06-07-2012, 06:08 PM
I've been annoyed in this way a couple times when I've actually been at the tournament in the crowd, but that is more about being annoyed with the crowd as a whole since it sometimes seems like as much of a contagious thing as it is about individuals appreciating quality play (cheering double faults, etc). I don't want this to change though. I like all the emotions that can arise as a fan, it makes it fun.

Filo V.
06-07-2012, 06:08 PM
so thatīs what you tell me when I bash Serra?No, I don't take your criticism of Florent seriously. I just consider it a joke.

Filo V.
06-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Well, if you weren't pissed, it means you don't care at all, in that case why bother watching? :p It's part of the deal as I see it :lol:You're right, it is part of the deal :lol: I guess I'm just venting. I'm really one-track minded, it's either see things my way or you're clearly not seeing clearly, but I definitely think I care sometimes too much about a tennis result :o

Li Ching Yuen
06-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Says the guy who hypes Olivetti and De Schepper :haha:

Never did I do that. Keep talking out of your enlarged and wrinkly a-hole, bud.

Filo V.
06-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Never did I do that. Keep talking out of your enlarged and wrinkly a-hole, bud.You have, but really, it doesn't matter. It's all about taste, and some people have it, others just don't.

Time Violation
06-07-2012, 06:15 PM
I definitely think I care sometimes too much about a tennis result :o

That's why we are here :angel::devil:

Li Ching Yuen
06-07-2012, 06:19 PM
You have, but really, it doesn't matter. It's all about taste, and some people have it, others just don't.

Some people just have sanity. That's all.

yesh222
06-07-2012, 06:22 PM
I don't mind fans of other players so long as they're realistic and not annoying. I wouldn't like myself if I was unrealistic and annoying.

Lopez
06-07-2012, 06:36 PM
I don't sometimes appreciate some of my friends cheering against my faves in a match when were watching it together, especially since I know they're just trying to annoy me by cheering against my fave :p. I'm almost the only one who watches tennis among my friends but they sometimes watch the big matches with me.

Filo V.
06-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Some people just have sanity. That's all.And sadly you've failed to show you have any of it throughout your days on this forum. Such a shame. Some people are more fortunate than others, I guess.

Mr. Oracle
06-07-2012, 06:40 PM

You mean like when they say their player is cuter than your player or is a bitch?

156mphserve
06-07-2012, 07:03 PM
That really pisses you off? Why? People are allowed to cheer their player. You do the same thing when you're favorite is playing their favorite and I bet it doesn't piss them off

Like someone else said, if it's done intentionally to piss you off I understand, but getting pissed at someone because they're legitimatilly cheering for a player they like no matter who the opponent is just stange. it's not normal. Borderline unhealthy obsession

Slice Winner
06-07-2012, 07:05 PM
No-one ever bashes the Gooch, so, no. I don't get pissed off.

MaxPower
06-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Isn't that when the average MTFer instead turns on his own favourite and calls him a total mug. Then the commentary will be like

1. Can't serve for shit
2. "Having a bad day"
3. Is tanking.
4. Injured.
5. Doesn't care
6. Wrong tactics
7. UE machine
8. clown

So as you can see you can keep going about your favorite player and also discredit the opponents upcoming win. No reason to ever get pissed really

paseo
06-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Yeah, Man. I just can't help to put on my mask, start up that chainsaw, and just go through houses.

motorhead
06-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Some people just have sanity. That's all.
:haha::haha:

Ravel
06-08-2012, 12:53 AM
you get pissed off when people cheer on their favorite player? :lol:

I understand getting mad when your fave gets bashed by someone but getting mad at someone for cheering on your fave's opponent is absurd.

Gagsquet
06-08-2012, 01:05 AM
That's not the only thing which pissed off Filo

See my sig :D

Gagsquet
06-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Oh I forgot nice attention-whore thread Filo :hatoff:

Topspindoctor
06-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Never. Because even if my fav loses, the opponent is still a clown.

Edda
06-08-2012, 01:57 AM
I get annoyed at commentators who flap their lips excessively. I want to tell them to just shut up already, especially when they extol the virtues of a far-lower ranked opponent of one of my favorite players. They feel sorry for the player if he's defeated or say how wonderful he is when he wins. The same commentators won't give someone like David Ferrer his due, however, and that's a shame.

n8
06-08-2012, 02:00 AM
I think it makes it more exciting when a player I'm supporting is cheered against.

tripwires
06-08-2012, 03:13 AM
When Rogi is winning I couldn't care less what people say about his opponent and I'd even praise the opponent myself. When he's losing, especially when he's losing unexpectedly, I'd be quite annoyed. :p Wouldn't get pissed off though.

leng jai
06-08-2012, 03:44 AM
Concurred. The fury that bestows me in these instances knows no bounds.

Pirata.
06-08-2012, 06:34 AM
No.

What does piss me off though is when I'm actually at a tournament and someone sitting near me starts talking about how terrible my favourite is. Especially if they're also a fan. It's like, shut up and be a good mindless fanboy and don't make me face the facts. :lol: But on the internet I don't care.

The worst is when this happens and the information they are spouting is all wrong :facepalm:

@Sweet Cleopatra
06-08-2012, 06:46 AM
:facepalm:

wow you are so MATURE

Pirata.
06-08-2012, 09:45 AM

wow you are so MATURE

:sobbing:

e476
06-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Um...no. At the end of the day, I don't personally know these players. I try to keep emotionally detached and not experience the swings of emotions naturally associated with each tennis match. If my favorite wins, great, and if he doesn't win, then it's a not-so-good feeling for a short while, but I get over it.

Filo V.
06-08-2012, 11:44 AM

wow you are so MATURE

You certainly are not.

Filo V.
06-08-2012, 11:45 AM
:sobbing:

I know. How ironic, coming from the girl who acts like she's 11.

Filo V.
06-08-2012, 11:56 AM
That really pisses you off? Why? Because they are not respecting my feelings. They are celebrating and saying positive shit when they know I don't want that player to win. So it's like, what the fuck is your problem? Why does this person go against what they should be doing? So that's why it pisses me off. Actually it's more of an annoyance than actually getting pissed off. I look at it as something they are doing that they shouldn't be.

People are allowed to cheer their player. You do the same thing when you're favorite is playing their favorite and I bet it doesn't piss them off No, I don't go "let's go _______", or cheer for my player like that. Not because I care what other posters think, because I couldn't care less, but because I'm invested in the match. It's annoying when you are rooting for someone and another poster barges in with some bullshit knocking my favorite or going overboard cheering their favorite, KNOWING that I don't want that player to win. It's a lack of consideration on what I want, and my feelings. That's how I see it.

Like someone else said, if it's done intentionally to piss you off I understand, but getting pissed at someone because they're legitimatilly cheering for a player they like no matter who the opponent is just stange. it's not normal. Borderline unhealthy obsessionI wouldn't call it an obsession, because it's not about the player I'm rooting for. It's about the other poster not showing respect and just acting stupid, in my eyes. That's basically it.

Filo V.
06-08-2012, 12:00 PM
That's why we are here :angel::devil:Good point, we're all crazy motherfuckers :lol:

tripwires
06-08-2012, 02:11 PM
When Rogi is winning I couldn't care less what people say about his opponent and I'd even praise the opponent myself. When he's losing, especially when he's losing unexpectedly, I'd be quite annoyed. :p Wouldn't get pissed off though.

I change my mind. I'd get pissed off if someone - a friend - knows that I'm depressed over a Federer loss and that someone praises the guy that Rogi lost to regardless. :mad:

emotion
06-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Only if itīs one of the three or four players I canīt stand, and even then you canīt really complain unless you just disagree

Garson007
06-08-2012, 02:45 PM
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/14157022/images/1299493659604.jpg

Action Jackson
06-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Well the OP does manage very well to galvanise support for the players his favourites are playing.