WWW RG SF: Nadal vs. Ferrer [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW RG SF: Nadal vs. Ferrer

Tennis-Life
06-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Should be an entertaining match :rocker:

Chris Kuerten
06-06-2012, 07:57 PM
This is your moment, David. Your time to shine.

Defeat this disgrace to the noble sport of tennis, take the title and retire, never to be seen again.

Quadruple Tree
Where's the poll? Or is the only option Nadal in 3?

Johnbert
would love to see ferru wins the whole thing, but we all know that won't happen. kneedal in 3 :o

ahadabans
06-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Not going to happen. David will do well to force a tiebreaker. Straight sets for Nadal.

delpiero7
06-06-2012, 08:00 PM
15-4 H2H in favour of Nadal.

Ferrer has beaten Rafa in their last 2 slam meetings (USO 2007 and AO 2011).

Most recently they've played twice on clay this year. David should have won the opening set in both matches (and should have won in straight sets in Barcelona).

Can he trouble Nadal again here, or will it be a 7th RG final for the King of clay?

Tennis-Life
Where's the poll? Or is the only option Nadal in 3?

just added

manadrainer
Rafa in straights. His draw to the final seems Barcelona's draw...

EddieNero
06-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Ferrer to win 5 games. Give the title to Nadull already.

delpiero7
06-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Forgot to add H2H is 1-0 to Nadal at Roland Garros, winning 7-5, 6-2, 6-0 in the QFs in his debut in 2005.

PedroMarquess
06-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Another really hard match for Nadal. Really impressive how he made this far against such an oposition. And a SF against his friend Ferrer is just too much. Poor Nadal.

EliSter
06-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Nadull in 3. :zzz:

rocketassist
06-06-2012, 08:05 PM
7-6(10) 6-2 6-1 to Rafito, Pics choking about seven set points.

Can dream of a miracle though.

Quadruple Tree
06-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Ferrer has no weapons against Nadal on this surface. This will be routine. Nadal will be well rested for whoever comes out of the other half of the draw.

ServeVolley
06-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Interesting fact: Ferrer has a positive HTH against Nadal in slams (2-1), with wins at the AO and USO. Clay will probably be a different story, but at least he has the confidence of knowing he's beaten Nadal in BO5 format before. :)

Surcouf
06-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Nadal in 3, something like 6-4 6-3 6-2

Ferrer is playing great, but he is completely outgunned here. Nadal is by far better than him (and than every one else) on clay and he is just unplayable right now.

JediFed
06-06-2012, 08:12 PM
And the Bendfest continues. :rolleyes:

ahadabans
06-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Ferrer has no weapons against Nadal on this surface. This will be routine. Nadal will be well rested for whoever comes out of the other half of the draw.

Nobody has any weapons against Nadal on this surface. There's a reason he's won 6 RG titles. His only lose in Paris came when he was very clearly injured. Taking three sets off a healthy Rafa is borderline impossible.

I hate to disappoint the masses, but people are going to have to wait until Nadal gets older before he starts losing here.

HelenShivers
06-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Nadull in 3

TigerTim
06-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Nadal could drop a set. Realistically 7-6, 7-5, 6-3 though

Hian-GOAT
06-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Ferru in 3: 6-0 6-0 6-0

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m28fiyQ6MS1qbqrtb.gif

Corey Feldman
impressed by Ferrer this clay court swing, he'll make some of these sets tight but we all know who's still gonna win all 3 of them

born_on_clay
Rafa in 4

bokehlicious
06-06-2012, 08:18 PM
'dal in 3

Looner
06-06-2012, 08:18 PM
The Spaniard in 3 :zzz:.

shmeeko69
06-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Unless he gets an injury, I can't really see anything happening other than 3-0 to Nadal and then go on a win the final against Federer in 4 sets.

Vinceremo
06-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Like Almagro, I expect Ferrer to at least keep a set competitive, maybe win it but once he starts missing chances things could turn ugly and game over. Hopefully he'll push Rafa to the limit, but maybe that's asking for too much.

TigerTim
06-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Hopefully this time Friday Ferrer is dining on Mcdonalds. :worship:

ahadabans
06-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Who voted Ferrer in 3?? Come on. There is a .0001 percent chance of that happening, and it would require Nadal to sprang his ankle during warmups. I give Ferrer a 1% chance of winning this match and if he does find a way, it will take him 5 hours and 5 sets to do it. Most likely he loses in straights.

latso
06-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Time for the RG shock - Ferru in 4 is my call.

He has the game, he has the form, he has enough experience against Nadal now to know what to do.

If ballless Almagro can get things tight, then Ferrer can even win. He's even fitter than Nadal, so on a slow rainy day i can see this happening and it's not even in the range of wishful thinking...

It's very real and i hope it happens, coz Rafa ain't the monster he was few years ago.

Dr.Slice
06-06-2012, 08:31 PM
No chance for Ferrer, but hopefully he will at least take a set off of Rafa or at least give him a proper battle.

Hian-GOAT
06-06-2012, 08:32 PM
No chance for Ferrer, but hopefully he will at least take a set off of Rafa or at least give him a proper battle.

He has more chances than Mur ray, for sure.

DuMa
06-06-2012, 08:33 PM
i pick the spainiard

ahadabans
06-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Time for the RG shock - Ferru in 4 is my call.

He has the game, he has the form, he has enough experience against Nadal now to know what to do.

If ballless Almagro can get things tight, then Ferrer can even win. He's even fitter than Nadal, so on a slow rainy day i can see this happening and it's not even in the range of wishful thinking...

It's very real and i hope it happens, coz Rafa ain't the monster he was few years ago.

There isn't a single thing Ferrer does better than Nadal on this surface. He has virtually no chance to win. Best case scenario is Ferrer drags things out for 4 hours and wins one set.

And frankly that would be good for Nadal because he really hasn't been tested at all. He's been sleep walking through this tournament and a an actual challenge would do him good in preparation for the final (especially if he has to play Novak).

Quadruple Tree
06-06-2012, 08:35 PM
In case anyone is wondering, Ferrer is 1-12 against Nadal on clay, with the win coming in 2004. Since 2005, he's only managed to take one set off of Nadal on the surface. I like Ferrer's chances.

MatchFederer
06-06-2012, 08:37 PM
This is a PATHETIC semi-finals. Nadal's draw is a total joke. Just look at Ferrer's terrible record against Nadal in Grand Slams; it's freaking TWO - ONE to Ferrer.

Yes, that's right, Ferrer leads it 2-1 and has no intentions of bending over for anybody.

WAR FERRER

Nadal will have to work for this one, but he'll get it done.

TigerTim
06-06-2012, 08:40 PM
since USO 2007 Ferrer has won 2 matches vs Nadal in slams, Federer 0, :o

over Ferrer's career he has won as many matches vs. Nadal in slams as Federer, :o

out_grinder
06-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Ferrer was having trouble holding serve even against a mug returner like Mugray.

Once he faces a returner of Nadal's caliber, he will get broken every time.

TigerTim
06-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Ferrer was having trouble holding serve even against a mug returner like Mugray.

Once he faces a returner of Nadal's caliber, he will get broken every time.

:lol:

I hope that was a joke :unsure:

l_mac
06-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Against Rafa, it'll be close to Mission Impossible but I'll be ambitious and fight. And then we'll do Playstation (laughs)" Ferrer

He's gonna fight.

Mark Lenders
06-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Nadal in 3 routine sets.

latso
06-06-2012, 08:58 PM
There isn't a single thing Ferrer does better than Nadal on this surface. He has virtually no chance to win. Best case scenario is Ferrer drags things out for 4 hours and wins one set.

And frankly that would be good for Nadal because he really hasn't been tested at all. He's been sleep walking through this tournament and a an actual challenge would do him good in preparation for the final (especially if he has to play Novak).
On slow clay there isn't one signle thing Nadal does better than Ferrer i would say, except the more powerful FH, which on slow clay isn't as much of a danger as it would be on a sunny day.

I believe Ferrer is fitter and faster, so Rafa will have to work a lot on this semi. And work a lot means - many winners, which on slow clay isn't a piece of cake against David.

This match will be much, much tighter than ppl expect and i'm eager to see Rafa's reaction playing against a wall.

Remember - Rafa never won RG on such rainy conditions and more importantly - with such slow balls!

Allez
06-06-2012, 08:59 PM
since USO 2007 Ferrer has won 2 matches vs Nadal in slams, Federer 0, :o

over Ferrer's career he has won as many matches vs. Nadal in slams as Federer, :o

Say what :eek: :eek: :eek:

TigerTim
06-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Say what :eek: :eek: :eek:

yep, the fact that fedtards arn't all over me speaks for itself. Ferrer isn't THAT bad people should realize.

uxyzapenje
06-06-2012, 09:04 PM
You can do it Ferru, go for it! Just don't choke at the end of sets. As Tipsarevic once said, and Tsonga showed vs Djoko 'just hang with the top guys until 4:4, 5:5, the chance will come, but if you 'let' them take the lead early, you are done, no chances for you' So hang in there David and pull out a Nole clutch play. Now or never, you are 30, the cance may not come again.

sweetkit
06-06-2012, 09:04 PM
This thread's very exist is mockery to common sense. Congrats.

Looner
06-06-2012, 09:05 PM
I just read that that Ferrer said they'll play Play Station after the match. Just cancel the match and get them to play PS on PC already. At least that'll be a contest :facepalm:.

yep, the fact that fedtards arn't all over me speaks for itself. Ferrer isn't THAT bad people should realize.
Ferrer's done his best against RN outside clay. On clay he's waisted a handful of opportunities to deservedly win one of those matches. As much as you like to make yourself out to be important and clever, you're wrong and not funny. Again.

TigerTim
06-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Ferrer's done his best against RN outside clay. On clay he's waisted a handful of opportunities to deservedly win one of those matches. As much as you like to make yourself out to be important and clever, you're wrong and not funny. Again.

it isn't wrong. Its facts :wavey:

Garson007
06-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Miracles do happen.

Commander Data
06-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Draw from hell continues with another bad match-up. Giant-killer and Söderling-like Monster Ferrer will...

eh lose in 3...

ahadabans
06-06-2012, 09:18 PM
On slow clay there isn't one signle thing Nadal does better than Ferrer i would say, except the more powerful FH, which on slow clay isn't as much of a danger as it would be on a sunny day.

I believe Ferrer is fitter and faster, so Rafa will have to work a lot on this semi. And work a lot means - many winners, which on slow clay isn't a piece of cake against David.

This match will be much, much tighter than ppl expect and i'm eager to see Rafa's reaction playing against a wall.

Remember - Rafa never won RG on such rainy conditions and more importantly - with such slow balls!

Slow clay plays right into Rafa's strengths. His game was built to win this tournament. No one hits with more topspin than he does so he can pressure while hitting relatively high percentage shots. No one does this better than Nadal. Rafa's serve is more effective on this surface and he is a better returner on this surface. He has no weaknesses on slow clay.

I agree David is exceptionally fit, but he's 30 and Nadal is 26. Ferrer can't out hit Nadal and he isn't going to outlast him. I agree the sets might be tight, and David will not throw the towel in no matter what, but I see no way Nadal doesn't win this in 3 or 4 sets.

Nadal makes people look bad at the French. I think Almagro was his hardest challenge. Ferrer and Djoker/Federrer cannot beat him on this court. Rain or no rain.

duarte_a
06-06-2012, 09:33 PM
The Spaniard in 3 :zzz:.

Yep. The spaniard is too good. The other spaniard doesn't stand a chance. ;)

Filo V.
06-06-2012, 09:34 PM
I think David can win a set.

alfonsojose
06-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Nobody thought Verdasco could win on Smurfclay, and he did it. C'mon David ;)

ahadabans
06-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Nobody thought Verdasco could win on Smurfclay, and he did it. C'mon David ;)

Best of three is very different than best of five. And Nadal was struggling with his movement on blue clay the whole tournament. His loss was not a huge surprise IMO.

Nadal has yet to break a sweat at RG this year.

Jamoz
06-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Best of three is very different than best of five. And Nadal was struggling with his movement on blue clay the whole tournament. His loss was not a huge surprise IMO.

Nadal has yet to break a sweat at RG this year.

Sweat bucket is sweating all the time, no tennis needed for that ;)

duarte_a
06-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Ferrer will waste a ton of BP, maybe even a couple of SP like in barcelona. The fact is he just isn't going to win against nadal. He just doens't have the belief. Even if it is 6-0 6-0 5-0 for Ferrer nadal will still win.

latso
06-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Slow clay plays right into Rafa's strengths. His game was built to win this tournament. No one hits with more topspin than he does so he can pressure while hitting relatively high percentage shots. No one does this better than Nadal. Rafa's serve is more effective on this surface and he is a better returner on this surface. He has no weaknesses on slow clay.

I agree David is exceptionally fit, but he's 30 and Nadal is 26. Ferrer can't out hit Nadal and he isn't going to outlast him. I agree the sets might be tight, and David will not throw the towel in no matter what, but I see no way Nadal doesn't win this in 3 or 4 sets.

Nadal makes people look bad at the French. I think Almagro was his hardest challenge. Ferrer and Djoker/Federrer cannot beat him on this court. Rain or no rain.
I personally believe there is a mistake in the commonly assumed notion that the slower it is the better for Rafa.

Actually he's most dangerous on mid paced clay i believe, because for his game it is crucial to finish off the rallies at a certain point.

He wouldn't need this against Karlovic obviously, but the fitter, less crazy (taking way too many chances out of fear) and more regular the oponents get, the too slow surface starts working against Rafa.

I would also disagree about Rafa outlasting Ferrer. Despite of the age difference, to me Ferrer is fitter and with more stamina than Rafa. It's just that the latter gets too rarely tested in long matches (coz he's most of the time too good, no doubt about that) and ppl tend to assume he's got the best stamina on tour, which isn't actually true.

Rafa will be the man shortening the exchanges in this match, this should be visible from the first point of the match.
He knows that he needs to do what Murray tried, but better - all guns blazing andregular drop shots attempts if the clay is too slow and David too good in defense.

Rafa will try to escape from long exchanges i believe and in case he repeats the Almagro type of match, in which he was far from brilliant, imo he'll get in all sorts of troubles.

Almagro is still too young and brainless to realize he has his changes in longer exchanges against Rafa, so he was going for insane out of positon "now or never" kinds of shots at important BPs, like several times, which could have made the match much more intense if he had some brains.

Ferru has enough now i believe and he won't get better conditions for a career best achievement.

The only way this match to go into the usual 3 setter beatdown is if uncle Toni comes out with a novelty, like Rafa serve and volleying, or slicing the BH, or whatever unorthodox move he could figure out would be effective in the current conditions. Which means Rafa to take a relatively comfortable first set and break the neck of the oposition early on.

But if they underestimate Ferru and Rafa goes out to marathon him until he makes a semi-foced error - he's up for an unpleasent suprirse i believe.

I'm really curious how this match will actually unwind, coz it should be a battle of strategies more likely than a battle of power and talent. Except ofc if it is 30C outside, then Rafa should be as favorite as he is expected to be right now by odds and fans.

But on 18C, humid courts...expect the unexpected i'd say.

Cheers

Kiedis
06-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Ferrer will waste a ton of BP, maybe even a couple of SP like in barcelona. The fact is he just isn't going to win against nadal. He just doens't have the belief. Even if it is 6-0 6-0 5-0 for Ferrer nadal will still win.

Dramatization

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_W6D4Pt4CBAM/SrLm47J4mTI/AAAAAAAAAFA/U5WDCyudHeU/s320/adivinadora.jpg

This guy is talking about one of the few players who has a positive H2H against Rafa in GS. Fedtards, oh, Fedtards :o

romismak
06-06-2012, 10:01 PM
I think this will be close match, at least 1 tie-break, Rafa will probably win in straight sets, but close sets, Ferrer doesn´t have serve like Almagro-which helped him to get some free points, but Ferrer has better ROS, so Rafa won´t get so many free points like today, and in baseline rallies it will be tough for both, there will be 20-30 strokes rallies like always... so long match at least 3 hours-4 hours maybe but i say Rafa in straight sets and actually i don´t think Rafa love slow clay- slow heavy clay after rain - topspin isn´t jumping so high like on hot sunny day... yes his deffense is even better, in slower conditions he can retrieve back really every ball, but for his agressive tospin FH i think hot sunny day - quicker conditions are better than rainy - cold slow clay.

SerialKillerToBe
06-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Ferrer will do the impossible--take one set.

Oh well, a man can dream.

Orka_n
06-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Don't understand what the Rafatards are on about. Ferrer only has confidence to win against Nadal on hard courts. He doesn't believe in himself enough on clay - he has even implicated as much himself.

That said, I'm still happy Ferrer is in the semi and not Murray. Nadal will win this but Ferrer should at least push him.

romismak
06-06-2012, 10:04 PM
I personally believe there is a mistake in the commonly assumed notion that the slower it is the better for Rafa.

Actually he's most dangerous on mid paced clay i believe, because for his game it is crucial to finish off the rallies at a certain point.

He wouldn't need this against Karlovic obviously, but the fitter, less crazy (taking way too many chances out of fear) and more regular the oponents get, the too slow surface starts working against Rafa.

I would also disagree about Rafa outlasting Ferrer. Despite of the age difference, to me Ferrer is fitter and with more stamina than Rafa. It's just that the latter gets too rarely tested in long matches (coz he's most of the time too good, no doubt about that) and ppl tend to assume he's got the best stamina on tour, which isn't actually true.

Rafa will be the man shortening the exchanges in this match, this should be visible from the first point of the match.
He knows that he needs to do what Murray tried, but better - all guns blazing andregular drop shots attempts if the clay is too slow and David too good in defense.

Rafa will try to escape from long exchanges i believe and in case he repeats the Almagro type of match, in which he was far from brilliant, imo he'll get in all sorts of troubles.

Almagro is still too young and brainless to realize he has his changes in longer exchanges against Rafa, so he was going for insane out of positon "now or never" kinds of shots at important BPs, like several times, which could have made the match much more intense if he had some brains.

Ferru has enough now i believe and he won't get better conditions for a career best achievement.

The only way this match to go into the usual 3 setter beatdown is if uncle Toni comes out with a novelty, like Rafa serve and volleying, or slicing the BH, or whatever unorthodox move he could figure out would be effective in the current conditions. Which means Rafa to take a relatively comfortable first set and break the neck of the oposition early on.

But if they underestimate Ferru and Rafa goes out to marathon him until he makes a semi-foced error - he's up for an unpleasent suprirse i believe.

I'm really curious how this match will actually unwind, coz it should be a battle of strategies more likely than a battle of power and talent. Except ofc if it is 30C outside, then Rafa should be as favorite as he is expected to be right now by odds and fans.

Cheers

Agree with you about conditions - hot sunny day - faster clay - better for Rafa´s topspin , -
slow clay- humid, colder - after rain or rainy conditions - slow clay - better for deffense, but longer rallies, you must hit with more pace-player can be tired quicker, i think Rafa would prefer faster conditions vs Ferrer, because nobody wants to play on slow clay with Ferrer 4 hours at least...

shadows
06-06-2012, 10:05 PM
I hope Ferrer can at least make it a bit of a match.

Don't expect anything other than Rafa in 3 though.

Kiedis
06-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Don't understand what the Rafatards are on about. Ferrer only has confidence to win against Nadal on hard courts. He doesn't believe in himself enough on clay - he has even implicated as much himself.

That said, I'm still happy Ferrer is in the semi and not Murray. Nadal will win this but Ferrer should at least push him.

This is the first semi of Ferru at RG. Why this god of clay don't achieve this before? Just why Rafa crossed in his path all the times? Tell me, I'm curious.

Jamoz
06-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Just for fun, Ferrer in 5!

Allez
06-06-2012, 10:10 PM
The night is dark and full of ferrus...

LaFuria
06-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Ferrer to win a whole set.

Andi-M
06-06-2012, 10:12 PM
7/6 6/4 7/5 Nadal. If Ferrer is given a chance to choke he will. Murray today didnt give him that chance. I expect it to be a highly entertaining affair though.

tennizen
06-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Ferrer in 5.

Surcouf
06-06-2012, 10:30 PM

Cheers

On what are you?

You are trying very hard to make people believe that Ferrer is going to win, when he has no chance.

Nadal is stronger, faster, has more stamina and is just a much better player on the surface. Ferrer is playing good, but he is very far from Nadal.

There is a reason why Ferrer always got beaten by Nadal on clay, he is just very inferior.

The debate about the rain is just a joke. If your best argument is "if there is rain then Nadal is in trouble", it is really that you have nothing to say.

When Nadal will roll over Ferrer in 3 sets as expected, it will be time to laugh at how stupid you seem. Ferrer has no chance and everybody knows it.

GSMnadal
06-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Nadal 7-5 6-2 6-4

Vamosssss! Starting where you left off in Rome would be nicer, I don't like those close tiebreak sets against David, they aren't good for my health.

chenx15
06-06-2012, 10:35 PM
come on ferrer you bastid!!! i have been rooting for you all your career make sure it's worth it!

cocrcici
06-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Ferrer in 5, 7 Hours

ahadabans
06-06-2012, 10:45 PM

Cheers

I disagree that slow clay isn't better for Nadal. He is virtually unbeatable if you can't hit through him and no one can defend and grind better from that position than Nadal. Wet and cold will lower the bounce a little, but not enough to matter.

I do agree however that Nadal will most likely try to play more aggressive than he did against earlier opponents, but primarily because it doesn't benefit him to grind out a 5 hour marathon before the final (and it will be a 5 hour grind fest if he plays defensive).

I see Nadal testing the waters to see how many mistakes David makes. If Ferrer is on, Nadal will play more aggressively. If not, he'll let Ferrer self destruct ala Almagro. Nadal is very good at making mid match adjustments.

Either way, Ferrer is losing this match IMO. But we'll know soon enough.

JediFed
06-06-2012, 10:48 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tribal fusion negged me. :worship::D

abraxas21
06-06-2012, 10:56 PM
nadull's draw :facepalm:

sexybeast
06-06-2012, 10:58 PM
nadull's draw :facepalm:

Seriously, it is not like if Nadal is facing Melzer in SF. I would prefer to have him play Del Potro/Berdych, but Ferrer is the 3rd best challenge you can find him in SF.

latso
06-06-2012, 10:59 PM
On what are you?

You are trying very hard to make people believe that Ferrer is going to win, when he has no chance.

Nadal is stronger, faster, has more stamina and is just a much better player on the surface. Ferrer is playing good, but he is very far from Nadal.

There is a reason why Ferrer always got beaten by Nadal on clay, he is just very inferior.

The debate about the rain is just a joke. If your best argument is "if there is rain then Nadal is in trouble", it is really that you have nothing to say.

When Nadal will roll over Ferrer in 3 sets as expected, it will be time to laugh at how stupid you seem. Ferrer has no chance and everybody knows it.
Soderking is :spit:

Orka_n
06-06-2012, 11:01 PM
This is the first semi of Ferru at RG. Why this god of clay don't achieve this before? Just why Rafa crossed in his path all the times? Tell me, I'm curious.What? Have you gone crazy, Mugrotard? :scratch: I don't even understand that third sentence.

Anyway, I have never said Ferrer is some sort of clay god, only that he is better on that surface than Murray - which is obvious to everyone with a brain.

Mark Lenders
06-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Seriously, it is not like if Nadal is facing Melzer in SF. I would prefer to have him play Del Potro/Berdych, but Ferrer is the 3rd best challenge you can find him in SF.

This will probably be more one-sided than the Melzer semifinal.

If Nadal really had to face Ferrer and Almagro, it'd have been better the other way around: grindathon with Ferrer in the quarters to tire him out a bit - Ferrer has this annoying ability to turn every match he plays into a grindfest even when he loses in straights - and then Almagro to try and take advantage of a somewhat tired Nadal.

Nadal would still reach the final, but it'd make things a bit harder, I guess.

Collective
06-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Rafito 7-5 6-3 6-0

SheepleBuster
06-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Barring an injury, this will be a straight set beat down. The title is Rafa's. I am sorry to say. The courts are so f'ing slow. Even Federer was bitching about it to Gilbert. Last year, the French Open was way more interesting

sexybeast
06-06-2012, 11:07 PM
If Nadal really had to face Ferrer and Almagro, it'd have been better the other way around: grindathon with Ferrer in the quarters to tire him out a bit - Ferrer has this annoying ability to turn every match he plays into a grindfest even when he loses in straights - and then Almagro to try and take advantage of a somewhat tired Nadal.

Yeah, I was saying the same thing some days ago. Theoretically Almagro can go for the kill if Nadal is a quarter of a step slower (some mental issues will always stand in his way no matter what), Ferrer has the fantastic ability of staying with Nadal in long rallies and can play 90 minutes sets and endless games going back and forward between ad and bp. If he can take a set I think he could stay with Nadal for 5 hours even if it ends in 4 sets, that should tire Nadal a little.

viruzzz
06-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Ferrer will win a set, I expect the match vs Murray but reversed.
Something like... Rafa winning the first set, then losing to a tiebreak, all the Rafahaters are like "yaaaaaaay Fed or Nole will win the tournament, i'm so happy I crapped myself in my mini-skirt".

And then SuperRafa.

Mark Lenders
06-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I was saying the same thing some days ago. Theoretically Almagro can go for the kill if Nadal is a quarter of a step slower (some mental issues will always stand in his way no matter what), Ferrer has the fantastic ability of staying with Nadal in long rallies and can play 90 minutes sets and endless games going back and forward between ad and bp. If he can take a set I think he could stay with Nadal for 5 hours even if it ends in 4 sets, that should tire Nadal a little.

Yup, even today he played a very good match, just folded in crucial moments as per usual every time he faces a top player. I've said since the draw came out that Almagro was the only player who could give a match to Nadal in his half of the draw, even if he was never going to close out even a set let alone the match.

I suppose he could have done better if Ferrer had tired Rafa out in the previous round a bit. Even when Rafa routines Ferrer, their matches are always long grinding contests, like a Djokovic vs Nadal Slam final - to a lesser extent of course.

As it stands, Rafa's draw couldn't have panned out any better for him, he'll surely be in the final, probably with no sets lost on the way.

sexybeast
06-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Ferrer needs to play the greatest match of his whole life and that wont give him more than a slim chanse of achieving the impossible! I know Ferrer can stay close to Nadal for 2 sets atleast, people can say whatever they want but Ferrer just needs some damn luck to close these sets out, like Rafa's misshits on setpoints not flying on the line, like netcords not jumping over the net or the other way around, Ferrer just may need to have the ball roll over the net to close out against Nadal.

Anyone who watched Barcelona knows what I am talking about, it was getting ridiculous.

Johnny Groove
06-06-2012, 11:18 PM
If Ferrer wins a set, it will be an upset.

Kiedis
06-06-2012, 11:20 PM
What? Have you gone crazy, Mugrotard? :scratch: I don't even understand that third sentence.

Anyway, I have never said Ferrer is some sort of clay god, only that he is better on that surface than Murray - which is obvious to everyone with a brain.

You said that:

Ferrer only has confidence to win against Nadal on hard courts. He doesn't believe in himself enough on clay

So the only problem of Ferrer against Rafa in clay is he doesn't believe in himself enough, isn't it? Maybe, and I only say maybe, the true reason is because Rafa is better on clay than Ferru and not the 'belief' nonsense? A little fact that supports my theory: Rafa has 6 Roland Garros, Ferrer after many years in tour got here his first semifinal. I guess every time someone defeated him all these years before semis was because Ferrer don't believe on himself against Rafa :rolleyes:

Fedtardism logic and me are incompatible, I guess.

zdravkelja
06-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Well, Pics can win a set... No more than that.

Mark Lenders
06-06-2012, 11:21 PM
If Ferrer wins a set, it will be an upset.

Don't worry, he won't. He's already talking about playing Play Station with Rafa after the match, just shows how much belief he has.

sexybeast
06-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Pics must know this may be his last oppurtunity to do something big in his career, I really hope he rises to the occasion and has a different mental approach compared to claycourt matches against Nadal in the past.

romismak
06-06-2012, 11:25 PM
I don´t know why people think Ferrer will be destroyed, their last matches are always close, even if it was 6-0 it was close, but bagel won´t happen again. Ferrer will play all sets close with Nadal, there will be many many long rallies, no beatdown, even Rafa in straight sets will be at least 3.5-4 hours, if Ferrer wins set than Rafa will ,,enjoy,, marathon match and he for sure wants to avoid marathon match before F, if Roger will be there it doesn´t matter, but if Nole will be there anything can happen, for example if Nole-Roger play first and Nole is in F, Rafa know he can´t play marathon match and tire himself before final, so maybe he will play more agressive - make errors - loose set - i am sure Rafa will win, but i think Ferrer can take set from him and make this match really hell of a batlle - close to 5 hours if Ferrer will take 1 set from Rafa.

FedvsNole
06-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Pics at least has had some challenging matches to get here. Rafa has been pushed zero. Pics is capable of taking sets its just the question of can he or will he choke.

The man has nothing to lose and has been playing great and actually been pushed this tournament. His best shot is to grab the first set. Pics fitness is right there with nadals. I hope they play second after fed-nole and have an exhausting exhausting match so nadal is tired for once before the final.

If pics wins... wow... he deserves it for all he's done.

Come on Ferrrer!!!

MIMIC
06-06-2012, 11:31 PM
7-6, 7-6, 7-5 Nadal

superslam77
06-06-2012, 11:34 PM
This is your moment, David. Your time to shine.

Defeat this disgrace to the noble sport of tennis, take the title and retire, never to be seen again.

his body would never be seen again that is for sure :o
same that happened to soderking who dared to stand up to tonigreed :cool:

that applies for anyone who dare defeat him at RG.

hiperborejac
06-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Ferrer is not at his best. So easy choice is Nadal in 3. Ferrer at his best could hope for 1 set :o

Clay Death
06-06-2012, 11:49 PM
i like ferru but this is a monumental assignment for him.

still he provides a very important test that clay warrior needs.

JediFed
06-06-2012, 11:59 PM
all the Rafahaters are like "yaaaaaaay Fed or Nole will win the tournament, i'm so happy I crapped myself in my mini-skirt".

Fedfans wear miniskirts? :D Wow they must be hawt. :angel:

SheepleBuster
06-06-2012, 11:59 PM
The fact of the matter is if Nole was not all of a sudden in love and thinking about kids, this title would be already in the bags.

Kiedis
06-07-2012, 12:06 AM
The fact of the matter is if Nole was not all of a sudden in love and thinking about kids, this title would be already in the bags.

When reality is too hard for them, Fedtards invariably take refuge in their 'parallel reality'. In this imaginary world Nadul never win a match, obvious, and he is a big mug. Grow up, little Fedtards! :D

ossie
06-07-2012, 12:12 AM
i would like ferrer to win this match but i fear he would go down against djoker or fed rather easily so i hope nadal wins to give a masterclass in clay tennis in the final.

Voo de Mar
06-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Pics has a good shot to take a set.

hiperborejac
06-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Anybody saw Nadal tennis channel interview on ATP site?

"When I shootin... when I shitting... when I hitting backhand well..."
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Topspindoctor
06-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Ferrer has no weapons. Nadal in easy 3 sets.

Clay Death
06-07-2012, 01:09 AM
only 6 sets to go and its over.

hiperborejac
06-07-2012, 01:12 AM

Yup!

Topspindoctor
06-07-2012, 01:14 AM

I am annoyed that Nadal was taken to a tie break. He had a chance to win RG by not being taken to a tie break by serving for the match in 2008 semi.

In 2010 he got taken to TB twice by Almugro :facepalm:.

I guess we'll have to live with another RG title won without dropping a set.

rocketassist
06-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Simon Reed lurks...

Clay Death
06-07-2012, 01:17 AM
no worries general topspin. we needed the workout.

now ferru provides a even better workout: clay warrior needs to hit a ton of balls and fine tune his ground game of death some more.

and then let the demolition begin in the final.

ahadabans
06-07-2012, 01:39 AM
no worries general topspin. we needed the workout.

now ferru provides a even better workout: clay warrior needs to hit a ton of balls and fine tune his ground game of death some more.

and then let the demolition begin in the final.

What's up CD? I heard you haven't been too happy with Clay Warrior lately. He's looked pretty sharp to me, especially at RG this year (hard to argue no sets dropped through semi's). I feel like his two wins against Novak this year were crucial for his confidence should he face him in the final (which I think is likely).

I've been waiting for a Nadal/Djoker French final since the loses started mounting last year. Bring on the beat down. It will be glorious and very satisfying. There's simply nothing fun anymore about watching Clay Warrior destroy Federer for the bazillionth time. I want him tested and I want him to earn that 7th RG title. This one is too important to be a freebee.

Garson007
06-07-2012, 02:33 AM
That's one one-sided poll.

paseo
06-07-2012, 02:36 AM
The sad thing for Ferrer is that even if he manages to do the impossible by beating Nadal here, he would need another miracle to beat either Fed or Djokovic in the final.

Clay Death
06-07-2012, 02:36 AM
What's up CD? I heard you haven't been too happy with Clay Warrior lately. He's looked pretty sharp to me, especially at RG this year (hard to argue no sets dropped through semi's). I feel like his two wins against Novak this year were crucial for his confidence should he face him in the final (which I think is likely).

I've been waiting for a Nadal/Djoker French final since the loses started mounting last year. Bring on the beat down. It will be glorious and very satisfying. There's simply nothing fun anymore about watching Clay Warrior destroy Federer for the bazillionth time. I want him tested and I want him to earn that 7th RG title. This one is too important to be a freebee.

sup dude.

i am not happy with his return, his court positioning, and his backhand.

he has to get better.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
06-07-2012, 02:38 AM
cmon pics
should be a great battle

dont see nadal losing but pics will gove him a workout

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
06-07-2012, 02:41 AM
sup dude.

he has to get better.

his retutn will always be shit- doesnt matter on clay

his positioning three miles brhind the bsssline- his legspeed allows him to get away wit it

his bh- is a confidence shot+ hes looking v. confident

BroTree123
06-07-2012, 02:43 AM
Triple bagel coming up :drool:

abraxas21
06-07-2012, 03:02 AM
nadal's hell draw to the final

R1: Italian mug - bolelli
R2: Sold out Russian mug playing for Uzbekistan -istomin
R3: Argie journeyman who barely plays singles - schwank
R4: Play station buddy (with benefits) - monaco
QF: Spanish bitch - almagro
SF: Spanish bitch - ferrer

of all these the worst was monaco by far who simply gave up right after rafa threatened him to "not get any tonight if you don't get play more soft, no?" (those were his exact words). then again, to be honest i really don't think any of these aforementioned mugs has/had the belief that they were able to beat nadal. if they don't believe in themselves, then how can they win?

and in the final he'll probly get his clay turkey: muger fraudurer

Topspindoctor
06-07-2012, 03:03 AM
nadal's hell draw to the final

R1: Italian mug - bolelli
R2: Sold out Russian mug playing for Uzbekistan -istomin
R3: Argie journeyman who barely plays singles - schwank
R4: Play station buddy (with benefits) - monaco
QF: Spanish bitch - almagro
SF: Spanish bitch - ferrer

and in the final he'll probly get his clay turkey: muger fraudurer

:baby:

Look at Olderer's draw and stfu :wavey:

BroTree123
06-07-2012, 03:14 AM
:baby:

Look at Olderer's draw and stfu :wavey:

But but but....Olderer is getting old now, so any draw is tough for him. Look how hard it was to get to this SF :awww: :awww:

rocketassist
06-07-2012, 03:17 AM
If this is on second then good. Means I'll be watching Poland against Greece instead.

selyoink
06-07-2012, 03:58 AM
Nadull's should've just been given a bye to the final. Djokovic is the only player with any chance of beating him and his chances are not good considering how poorly he is playing.

ahadabans
06-07-2012, 04:05 AM
sup dude.

he has to get better.

You hold Clay Warrior to incredibly high standards. As do I.

All three of those things have improved considerably over 2011 Nadal. Is he back to 2008 form? No. But he may never return to that. A player typically has one or two stellar years. McEnroe 1984 never showed up again. Djoker 2011 will most likley never show up again either. It's the way of things. Really Fed is the only guy who held that kind of level for multiple years. And if it weren't for Clay Warrior, Fed would have racked up two maybe three calendar Grand Slams during that period too. That's once in a lifetime stuff though. It can't be expected, although if anyone can repeat that feat it's Clay Warrior.

I just want Nadal/Djoker in the final. And I want Nadal to have his way with him, which I believe he will should that final materialize. Then bring on Wimbledon.

As important as that 7th RG title is, it is more important IMO to Clay Warrior's legacy that he win more slams outside clay. Wimbledon is his best (and possibly only) opportunity to do so, as I believe the window of opportunity to rack up hard court slams is virtually closed.

Mimi
06-07-2012, 04:21 AM
his body would never be seen again that is for sure :o
same that happened to soderking who dared to stand up to tonigreed :cool:

that applies for anyone who dare defeat him at RG.

be careful of your butt, Tony also has vodol-doll power against those who dared to bad mouth rafa like you :haha: :devil:

Jimnik
06-07-2012, 05:29 AM
Last time a Ferrer(o) made SF (back in 2003) he won.

Mountaindewslave
06-07-2012, 05:36 AM
sup dude.

he has to get better.

Nadal playing really well at moment. clay death = delusional if think he can play much better and/or perfect. 2008 ROland Garros fluke but irregardless not that much higher clay form than Nadal currently at. accept that Nadal has limits and is playing very very well

ahadabans
06-07-2012, 05:36 AM
Last time a Ferrer(o) made SF (back in 2003) he won.

LOL. That's quite the stretch.

The last time Nadal made the semi's without dropping a set, he won. And he's done that more than once.

That is much less of a stretch.

shiaben
06-07-2012, 06:50 AM
Nadal will finally lose a set. Nadal to come out in 4 sets while conceding one set in a tiebreak. Probably something like 6-3, 6-7, 6-4, 6-4

Mimi
06-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Nadal playing really well at moment. clay death = delusional if think he can play much better and/or perfect. 2008 ROland Garros fluke but irregardless not that much higher clay form than Nadal currently at. accept that Nadal has limits and is playing very very well

sorry, i am with CD this time, i also don't think rafa is playing well at all :shrug:

Tennis-Life
06-07-2012, 09:13 AM
sorry, i am with CD this time, i also don't think rafa is playing well at all :shrug:

He has yet to drop a set :zzz:

Mercury
06-07-2012, 09:17 AM
NIDull in 3. 7-6 6-4 6-2.

Nadal will finally lose a set. Nadal to come out in 4 sets while conceding one set in a tiebreak. Probably something like 6-3, 6-7, 6-4, 6-4

So Ferrer will win a TB against Rafa? :lol:

Foxy
06-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Any idea which SF would they put first on court and which one second? I guess Nad-Fer 1st, Djo-Fed 2nd?

Chris Kuerten
06-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Last time a Ferrer(o) made SF (back in 2003) he won.Ferrer made the US Open SF in 2007.

Mimi
06-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Any idea which SF would they put first on court and which one second? I guess Nad-Fer 1st, Djo-Fed 2nd?

no, someone pointed out in other thread that it would be nole vs roger first:wavey:

Mimi
06-07-2012, 09:49 AM
He has yet to drop a set :zzz:

doesn't mean he play well, just that his opponents are even worst than him :shrug:

henke007
06-07-2012, 10:00 AM
This will be a rerun of the Almagro match something like 7-5 6-4 6-2 to Nadull..

Shinoj
06-07-2012, 10:41 AM
What can you say About Ferrer. This Guy doesnt even believe that he can beat Nadal before the Match. Source - TOI

PARIS: Such is Rafael Nadal's vice-like grip on the French Open that his semifinal opponent David Ferrer concedes beating him is "almost impossible".

Ferrer is a claycourt specialist who has dropped only one set en route to the last four culminating in a straightforward victory over fourth seed Andy Murray on Wednesday.

But such is the six-time champion Nadal's dominance in Paris, that Ferrer knows the odds are stacked enormously against him when the pair meet on Friday.

"I think you can win a set against Rafa, but there is a difference between winning a set and winning a match," he told reporters.

"Winning a match against Rafa is almost impossible. He is in such good shape."

Ferrer has won only four of 15 matches against the Mallorcan battler and his only claycourt success came eight years ago.

The pair have played twice this year, in Spain and in Rome, and Nadal has won both without conceding a set.

"Each match is different. In Godo, I had to be slightly more aggressive and I made mistakes.

"In Rome it was different, because I had opportunities to win a set, but he played extremely well - I tried."

Orka_n
06-07-2012, 10:43 AM
So the only problem of Ferrer against Rafa in clay is he doesn't believe in himself enough, isn't it? Maybe, and I only say maybe, the true reason is because Rafa is better on clay than Ferru and not the 'belief' nonsense? A little fact that supports my theory: Rafa has 6 Roland Garros, Ferrer after many years in tour got here his first semifinal. I guess every time someone defeated him all these years before semis was because Ferrer don't believe on himself against Rafa :rolleyes:

Fedtardism logic and me are incompatible, I guess.Stop putting words in my mouth, clown.

I never said Ferrer is better than Nadal on clay. I said Ferrer CAN beat Nadal on clay if he plays his best. (But you're obviously thinking that a healthy Nadal simply cannot lose, like most other deluded Nadaltards.)
For example: Ferrer had set points in the first and was serving for the second set vs Nadal in Barcelona this year, and still lost both those sets. That is because of his lack of belief in himself on this particular surface. He has even implicated as much in interviews. Don't understand why you have trouble accepting that.

Raferminator
06-07-2012, 10:45 AM
The funniest part about this all, is that the Fedtards are all blindly ignoring the facts that:

a) Whey Rafa is rolling on Clay in this manner (think 2008, 2010), Wimbledon and probably the U.S. Open are next for his INEVITABLE Conquest !!!
b) It is an EVEN year. Please study 2008 and 2010 for obvious trends.... :)
c) The Spartan Warrior is a "CONFIDENCE" Player, once he gets rolling, he is unstoppable. Momentum + Confidence + Clay Monster = Total Domination for Months.

Sorry Fedtards. You're going to have to wait until the Indoor "Off-Season" for Rafa and Nole 2.0 to through Frauderer a bone. The upcoming months are all Rafa's for the taking. Raferminator is salivating at the thought of Rafa having 13 Slams and 2 Olympic Gold Medals (for Singles Tennis; all that really matters) going into late September! :bounce:

Mercury
06-07-2012, 10:47 AM
What can you say About Ferrer. This Guy doesnt even believe that he can beat Nadal before the Match. Source - TOI
Did anything he said surprises you? It's all general knowledge.

Allez
06-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Poor Ferru. I mean he is speaking the truth. Only Nole at his absolute best can challenge Rafa...on non clay GS'.

Shinoj
06-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Did anything he said surprises you? It's all general knowledge.

If you wanna Defeat Nadal you have to believe that you can beat Nadal. No Point in going into the Match knowing winning just one set is good enough.

Looner
06-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Poor Ferru. I mean he is speaking the truth. Only Nole at his absolute best can challenge Rafa...on non clay GS'.

BS machine reporting for duty.

Shinoj
06-07-2012, 10:57 AM
BS machine reporting for duty.

:lol:

Mercury
06-07-2012, 11:01 AM
If you wanna Defeat Nadal you have to believe that you can beat Nadal. No Point in going into the Match knowing winning just one set is good enough.
I agree with every word. But we all know that Ferrer goes to a Nadal match with the knowledge he's going to lose, that's just how it is.

Shinoj
06-07-2012, 11:03 AM
I agree with every word. But we all know that Ferrer goes to a Nadal match with the knowledge he's going to lose, that's just how it is.

Fuckin Over paid Scums.

Castafiore
06-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Anybody who has seen enough of Ferrer's matches knows that David always puts up a fight and against Nadal, he never surrenders before the last point is played. He has beaten him a couple of times after all.

The Playstation remark was, I imagine, just to say that on court, they do battle but off court, they're friends and no match result will change that.

Mercury
06-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Anybody who has seen enough of Ferrer's matches knows that David always puts up a fight and against Nadal, he never surrenders before the last point is played. He has beaten him a couple of times after all.

The Playstation remark was, I imagine, just to say that on court, they do battle but off court, they're friends and no match result will change that.
lol true but then he gets to set points or TBs and just let's go. It's very obvious he doesn't believe he can pull it off.

TigerTim
06-07-2012, 11:13 AM
frankly Ferrer needs to be nasty - perhaps a bit of this

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-72MpSaEYu6Y/Tx4sSId-bgI/AAAAAAAAEfo/_yZtjKJharU/s1600/IMG_5390web.jpg

Shinoj
06-07-2012, 11:23 AM
From ATP Official Site

Iron Man
Don’t call him “warrior” or “gladiator”. David Ferrer revealed in a Q&A with RolandGarros.com that those were his most stupid nicknames. “I think they’re a bit simplistic, and not really my style,” he said. “However, I do like ‘Ferru’ - it’s a mix of my name and the word for iron in Spanish. It means I’m resistant.”

What a Metrosexual Mug he is. He doesnt like being called Warrior or a Gladiator..Its much too simplistic he says. :rolleyes:

This is what happens to Urban and Suave Modern Players. They do not even have the belief to beat the other Player. Ferru My Foot.:wavey:

Tennis-Life
06-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Ferrer :facepalm:, so outcome of this match already known

AliceMariaRenka
06-07-2012, 03:48 PM
I would love to see Ferrer win. But it won't happen. It will be Raffa in 3 sets.

I don't know why I find it more boring seeing Raffa keep winning than I do seeing Novak and Roger keep winning!

alfonsojose
06-07-2012, 08:26 PM

It's really sad and disgusting. The Federer, Nadal loving form these players is ridiculous. I don't want to see a soft gay porn movie. I want a fight. At least Pova/Rena/Azarenka hate each other :help:

TigerTim
06-07-2012, 08:40 PM
It's really sad and disgusting. The Federer, Nadal loving form these players is ridiculous. I don't want to see a soft gay porn movie. I want a fight. At least Pova/Rena/Azarenka hate each other :help:

Agreed 100%. we need a massive wanker like Tomic to win a slam, preferably a French or Wimbledon and flick the V's at the crowd while at the ceremony debagging his opponent. At least it would bring a bit of rivalry to tennis. Federer Nadal love in makes me sick.

Nole fan
06-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Men's Semifinal Previews and Picks (http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/features.aspx?articleid=18107&zoneid=9)
TENNIS.com - Thursday, June 7, 2012

Can anyone stop the six-time champion? It will take an incredible effort. (AP Photo)
The editors of TENNIS.com preview Thursday's French Open semifinals—and offer their picks.

(2) Rafael Nadal vs. (6) David Ferrer

—Head to Head: Nadal leads 15-4

What Nadal must do to win
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Should Nadal play the way he did in his quarterfinal against Nicolas Almagro, Ferrer is as good as gone. Rafa won points with his movement, forehand, backhand, and serve; Almagro actually played well, yet lost in straights. With two more wins—one perhaps over Novak Djokovic—Nadal would earn a record-setting seventh French Open title. We can think that far ahead, but Nadal can’t afford to.

What Ferrer must do to win
You can’t completely discount Ferrer’s chances—he’s beaten Nadal at Slams twice before. With that said, Ferrer must play a completely different style than what got him here if he’s to shock the sporting world. Fearless winners beat Rafa on clay, not long rallies, a Ferrer specialty but a Nadal entity. Ferrer, 1-12 on dirt against his countryman, also needs all the non-tennis factors (weather, the crowd, Nadal’s health) to conspire in his favor.

Picks:

Peter Bodo: Rafael Nadal
Ferrer lacks the one thing that can hurt Nadal at Roland Garros, which is a big game built around a powerful serve. Unless Rafa experiences a drastic, overnight loss of form, you can just mail this one in.

Steve Tignor: Rafael Nadal
It's been eight years since Nadal lost to Ferrer on clay, he's 50-1 at Roland Garros, he hasn't lost a set this year, and he's only dropped serve once. Need any other reasons?

Richard Pagliaro: Rafael Nadal
Nadal has won 11 of their last 12 meetings because he does everything a bit better, and his lefty, cross-court forehand goes directly into Ferrer's weaker backhand wing. Unless Rafa is leaving the ball short or gets tight, he should continue his mastery of his Davis Cup teammate.

Ed McGrogan: Rafael Nadal
Rafa can be stopped at Roland Garros, but it won't happen on Friday. The never-say-die Ferrer produces problems on clay for everyone except the player he’s facing in the semis.

(1) Novak Djokovic vs. (3) Roger Federer
—Head to Head: Federer leads 14-11

What Djokovic must do to win
Nole will be facing two opponents in this match: Federer, and the substantial weight of history as he strives to become the first man since Rod Laver to hold all four Grand Slam singles titles at one time. How he handles the second opponent will depend largely on his nerves. How he handles the first will depend partly on how fresh his legs and how live his right arm will be after his epic, five-set quarterfinal battle with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga—a clash in which Tsonga had four match points.

Djokovic will have to return well to keep Federer on the defensive, and remain patient—secure in the knowledge that he can win most of the long rallies. He needs to work errors out of Federer’s one-handed backhand and play from inside the court to keep the 16-time Grand Slam champ from getting too cute with drop shots and sharply angled slice backhands.

What Federer must do to win
Federer will have to serve well; 70 percent (first-serve conversion rate) or better if he wants to withstand the fury of Djokovic’s groundstrokes. He must also get maximum use out of his forehand, his most dangerous weapon. It would pay for him to avoid hitting to the Djokovic backhand, which is so effective in setting up the world No. 1's deadly-inside out forehand.

Federer has struggled at times in this tournament against a string of not-terribly dangerous players. He can’t afford the letdowns he had in those matches, and he certainly can’t afford to go down by two sets to none, as he did in his quarterfinal battle with Juan Martin del Potro. Federer is, after all, over 30 years old. He's always been a bold risk-taker, and he won’t beat Djokovic unless he’s willing to take chances and mix things up in a way that will keep the Serb from making him lace up his track shoes.

Picks:

Peter Bodo: Novak Djokovic
The world No. 1 simply has too much firepower off the ground, and unless Federer serves out of his mind, Djokovic will grind his one-handed backhand to a pulp and pull away.

Steve Tignor: Novak Djokovic
He says he's learned from last year's loss and knows he needs to be aggressive from the start, and Federer has struggled with rhythm here so far.

Richard Pagliaro: Novak Djokovic
Djokovic has the advantage in the backhand exchanges, is the world's best returner, and is battle-tested, with rousing five-set wins over Andreas Seppi and Tsonga that should empower him.

Ed McGrogan: Novak Djokovic
Of the two quarterfinal tightrope walkers, Nole probably wants this title a little bit more. Considering he's come back from two sets down (against Seppi) and saved four elimination points, Djokovic is playing with house money—always a scary proposition.

Kiedis
06-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Stop putting words in my mouth, clown.

Said the master of clowns.

I never said Ferrer is better than Nadal on clay. I said Ferrer CAN beat Nadal on clay if he plays his best. (But you're obviously thinking that a healthy Nadal simply cannot lose, like most other deluded Nadaltards.)

The main problem here isn't other that Nadal is clearly a better player on clay than Ferru (first is a 6 times champion of RG, later is a player who has never played semifinal in RG), but the main problem according Fedtards is Ferru don't believe enough against Rafa :rolleyes:

Let's be clear, big clown, Ferru has a opportunity against Nadal only if he isn't in his best shape... but Rafa is playing great now, so stop the stupid chat of "lack of believe". If Rafa don't lower his level Ferru can believe in himself all he wants and he still will lose against a better player.

For example: Ferrer had set points in the first and was serving for the second set vs Nadal in Barcelona this year, and still lost both those sets. That is because of his lack of belief in himself on this particular surface. He has even implicated as much in interviews. Don't understand why you have trouble accepting that.

Nadal, like the other legends of this sports, have the quality to raise his game just when he need it. That's just what separates great players from the rest many times, they have an extra gear when it matters.

But the most amazing thing is David has won several matches against Rafa in his career (one on clay included), some of them very important, but he always look ridiculous in front of Roger. But despite this you never talk about his lack of confidence when he faces Roger, be serious guys, why? :confused:

KoOlMaNsEaN
06-07-2012, 08:58 PM
The 25 people who voted that Ferrer will win need to be institutionalized :cuckoo:

zdravkelja
06-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I woted for Ferrer for the lulz, and I will bookmark your post for the case the imposible happens :)

Jamoz
06-07-2012, 09:09 PM
The 25 people who voted that Ferrer will win need to be institutionalized :cuckoo:

We already are, MTF is just a one big funny farm ;)

sweetkit
06-07-2012, 09:11 PM
If pigs could fly. Pics can't. Pig can. In 3.

ahadabans
06-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Ferru has a opportunity against Nadal only if he isn't in his best shape... but Rafa is playing great now, so stop the stupid chat of "lack of believe". If Rafa don't lower his level Ferru can believe in himself all he wants and he still will lose against a better player.

This.

More than any other surface, Clay tennis is about math. Nadal's game is all about high percentage shot making. You can call it moon balling if you want, but the reality is on this surface he hits very effective shots and he skews the odds in his favor over the course of time.

He uses massive amounts of top spin to prevent his opponent from being able to attack off his shots and to increase the margin of error he has. No one does this better than Nadal. And over the course of a 3+ hour match where literally thousands of balls are struck, the numbers all add up to a net positive for Rafa. It's why he is 50-1 here and why Ferrer for all his efforts will come up short in this match.

The only way to beat Nadal at this game is to take away time. Hit through him so that he can't hit an obscenely looping top spin shot. And this court is simply too slow for that. Unless Nadal has a mental breakdown or tears his ACL or something, he isn't losing to anyone. Ferrer or otherwise.

As in gambling, the house always wins. At Roland Garros, Nadal is the house.

duong
06-07-2012, 10:40 PM
I would love David to win at least one set, to compensate for all of the sets he should have won in Barcelona and Roma, but unfortunately I guess not because :

- for some reason :confused: Ferrer doesn't play well in Roland-Garros : he didn't play his best against Murray imo, very few winners, more errors than usually.

- tomorrow will be very windy, especially at the moment they start and windy conditions are much better for Nadal (spin, not too close from the lines, power) than for Ferrer who, esp against Nadal, relies on shots very close to the line.

- at 6-5 Almagro in first set yesterday, Nadal looked like somebody who didn't want to lose one set in this tournament "are you talking to me ? do you really think you will take one set from me ? bhhhh ..." :lol:

I would love the opposite but the God of tennis is not fair anyway : he should have given him at least Barcelona :sad:

abraxas21
06-07-2012, 10:43 PM
The funniest part about this all, is that the Fedtards are all blindly ignoring the facts that:

a) Whey Rafa is rolling on Clay in this manner (think 2008, 2010), Wimbledon and probably the U.S. Open are next for his INEVITABLE Conquest !!!
b) It is an EVEN year. Please study 2008 and 2010 for obvious trends.... :)
c) The Spartan Warrior is a "CONFIDENCE" Player, once he gets rolling, he is unstoppable. Momentum + Confidence + Clay Monster = Total Domination for Months.

Sorry Fedtards. You're going to have to wait until the Indoor "Off-Season" for Rafa and Nole 2.0 to through Frauderer a bone. The upcoming months are all Rafa's for the taking. Raferminator is salivating at the thought of Rafa having 13 Slams and 2 Olympic Gold Medals (for Singles Tennis; all that really matters) going into late September! :bounce:

what's truly awful is that for once a part of me fears you might be right :o

Shinoj
06-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Men's Semifinal Previews and Picks (http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/features.aspx?articleid=18107&zoneid=9)
TENNIS.com - Thursday, June 7, 2012

Can anyone stop the six-time champion? It will take an incredible effort. (AP Photo)
The editors of TENNIS.com preview Thursday's French Open semifinals—and offer their picks.

(2) Rafael Nadal vs. (6) David Ferrer

—Head to Head: Nadal leads 15-4

What Nadal must do to win
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Should Nadal play the way he did in his quarterfinal against Nicolas Almagro, Ferrer is as good as gone. Rafa won points with his movement, forehand, backhand, and serve; Almagro actually played well, yet lost in straights. With two more wins—one perhaps over Novak Djokovic—Nadal would earn a record-setting seventh French Open title. We can think that far ahead, but Nadal can’t afford to.

What Ferrer must do to win
You can’t completely discount Ferrer’s chances—he’s beaten Nadal at Slams twice before. With that said, Ferrer must play a completely different style than what got him here if he’s to shock the sporting world. Fearless winners beat Rafa on clay, not long rallies, a Ferrer specialty but a Nadal entity. Ferrer, 1-12 on dirt against his countryman, also needs all the non-tennis factors (weather, the crowd, Nadal’s health) to conspire in his favor.

Picks:

Peter Bodo: Rafael Nadal
Ferrer lacks the one thing that can hurt Nadal at Roland Garros, which is a big game built around a powerful serve. Unless Rafa experiences a drastic, overnight loss of form, you can just mail this one in.

Steve Tignor: Rafael Nadal
It's been eight years since Nadal lost to Ferrer on clay, he's 50-1 at Roland Garros, he hasn't lost a set this year, and he's only dropped serve once. Need any other reasons?

Richard Pagliaro: Rafael Nadal
Nadal has won 11 of their last 12 meetings because he does everything a bit better, and his lefty, cross-court forehand goes directly into Ferrer's weaker backhand wing. Unless Rafa is leaving the ball short or gets tight, he should continue his mastery of his Davis Cup teammate.

Ed McGrogan: Rafael Nadal
Rafa can be stopped at Roland Garros, but it won't happen on Friday. The never-say-die Ferrer produces problems on clay for everyone except the player he’s facing in the semis.

(1) Novak Djokovic vs. (3) Roger Federer
—Head to Head: Federer leads 14-11

What Djokovic must do to win
Nole will be facing two opponents in this match: Federer, and the substantial weight of history as he strives to become the first man since Rod Laver to hold all four Grand Slam singles titles at one time. How he handles the second opponent will depend largely on his nerves. How he handles the first will depend partly on how fresh his legs and how live his right arm will be after his epic, five-set quarterfinal battle with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga—a clash in which Tsonga had four match points.

Djokovic will have to return well to keep Federer on the defensive, and remain patient—secure in the knowledge that he can win most of the long rallies. He needs to work errors out of Federer’s one-handed backhand and play from inside the court to keep the 16-time Grand Slam champ from getting too cute with drop shots and sharply angled slice backhands.

What Federer must do to win
Federer will have to serve well; 70 percent (first-serve conversion rate) or better if he wants to withstand the fury of Djokovic’s groundstrokes. He must also get maximum use out of his forehand, his most dangerous weapon. It would pay for him to avoid hitting to the Djokovic backhand, which is so effective in setting up the world No. 1's deadly-inside out forehand.

Federer has struggled at times in this tournament against a string of not-terribly dangerous players. He can’t afford the letdowns he had in those matches, and he certainly can’t afford to go down by two sets to none, as he did in his quarterfinal battle with Juan Martin del Potro. Federer is, after all, over 30 years old. He's always been a bold risk-taker, and he won’t beat Djokovic unless he’s willing to take chances and mix things up in a way that will keep the Serb from making him lace up his track shoes.

Picks:

Peter Bodo: Novak Djokovic
The world No. 1 simply has too much firepower off the ground, and unless Federer serves out of his mind, Djokovic will grind his one-handed backhand to a pulp and pull away.

Steve Tignor: Novak Djokovic
He says he's learned from last year's loss and knows he needs to be aggressive from the start, and Federer has struggled with rhythm here so far.

Richard Pagliaro: Novak Djokovic
Djokovic has the advantage in the backhand exchanges, is the world's best returner, and is battle-tested, with rousing five-set wins over Andreas Seppi and Tsonga that should empower him.

Ed McGrogan: Novak Djokovic
Of the two quarterfinal tightrope walkers, Nole probably wants this title a little bit more. Considering he's come back from two sets down (against Seppi) and saved four elimination points, Djokovic is playing with house money—always a scary proposition.

Most of them go with the Safe Option. Its no surprises with their Predictions.:rolleyes:

@Sweet Cleopatra
06-08-2012, 06:41 AM
I hope Rafa wins.

Vamossssssss

Mystique
06-08-2012, 07:03 AM
I don't know why I find it more boring seeing Raffa keep winning than I do seeing Novak and Roger keep winning!

Its because his game is :zzz:

Jimnik
06-08-2012, 07:15 AM
I think Rafa has a chance. Might even take the title.

ahadabans
06-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Its because his game is :zzz:

It's comments like this that make me question how many of you are actually tennis fans. Nadal does amazing things on the court. And by the same token, so does Novak, Federer, and at least a dozen other guys. I read some of this stuff in here and I have to wonder why some of your are even here.

I really don't like Novak, but watching him play is inspiring. They guy is an amazing player with incredible self belief and resolve. That Australian final he gave us was something else. And again, I really really don't like the guy. But I can appreciate the level of tennis he produces.

out_grinder
06-08-2012, 10:04 AM
85% in favor of Nadull - hells yeh

Orka_n
06-08-2012, 10:13 AM
It's comments like this that make me question how many of you are actually tennis fans. Nadal does amazing things on the court. And by the same token, so does Novak, Federer, and at least a dozen other guys. I read some of this stuff in here and I have to wonder why some of your are even here.What nonsense are you talking about? Nadal is a great tennis player for sure but I still find his playing style and attitude on court tedious to watch. That shouldn't be hard to understand. It's like saying that a football fan should support EVERY good team or else he's not a real fan. :facepalm:

Looner
06-08-2012, 10:59 AM
It's comments like this that make me question how many of you are actually tennis fans. Nadal does amazing things on the court. And by the same token, so does Novak, Federer, and at least a dozen other guys. I read some of this stuff in here and I have to wonder why some of your are even here.

:baby::baby::baby:

Garson007
06-08-2012, 11:12 AM
I dreamt last night that Ferrer won the first set 6-4.

Shinoj
06-08-2012, 11:17 AM

I really don't like Novak, but watching him play is inspiring. They guy is an amazing player with incredible self belief and resolve. That Australian final he gave us was something else. And again, I really really don't like the guy. But I can appreciate the level of tennis he produces.

Savior of Tennis Arrives.:wavey:

TigerTim
06-08-2012, 11:17 AM
I dreamt last night that Ferrer won the first set 6-4.

And then he turned off the playstation.

Tennis-Life
06-08-2012, 11:25 AM
And then he turned off the playstation.

:superlol:

Telegram Sam
06-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Rafa,

A mighty foe awaits you.

But if you're gonna play well, I know you can defeat him!

Rafa in 4. (I accidentally wrote "5", so let's hope it wasn't a providence. Either way, I want Rafa to win.)

~Trollergram Sam

EliSter
06-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Watching Rafa servis games makes me puke in my mouth.

TigerTim
06-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Watching Rafa servis games makes me puke in my mouth.

Nice to know I'm not the only one :)

ServeVolley
06-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Let's just hope Rafa's serve stats are the same as in his match against Almagro. Ferrer is a much better returner, so if Nadal's first serve drops to 46% again, David will eat him for breakfast. :)

Nole fan
06-08-2012, 11:53 AM

I agree. It's puzzling how many people think Nadal's game is boring or dull. He makes incredible things on court and he's such a fighter and strong-willed person. Maybe it's boring the way he anhilates his opponents? ok I don't like watching Nadal unless he's playing any of the Top 4. The rest doesn't stand a chance and he usually rolls over them. But his matches against Djokovic and Murray are always very exciting and jaw-dropping, even some with Federer. :shrug:

Shinoj
06-08-2012, 12:04 PM
I for one do not like watching his game. He is a Put off.. Afterall we are watching tennis because it entertains us. If i wanted to watch for fighting spirit i would rather watch a Football match or a Rugby Match. Or a War Documentary. Or watch Poor People in the Slums living their life. I watch Tennis because the skill level that is on display pleases me. If there is no skill level involved why should i watch it.

Allez
06-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Let's just hope Rafa's serve stats are the same as in his match against Almagro. Ferrer is a much better returner, so if Nadal's first serve drops to 46% again, David will eat him for breakfast. :)

You and your anti-jinx :facepalm: You must be the biggest Rafa fan of all time. Keep it coming :yeah:

Nole fan
06-08-2012, 12:15 PM
I for one do not like watching his game. He is a Put off.. Afterall we are watching tennis because it entertains us. If i wanted to watch for fighting spirit i would rather watch a Football match or a Rugby Match. Or a War Documentary. Or watch Poor People in the Slums living their life. I watch Tennis because the skill level that is on display pleases me. If there is no skill level involved why should i watch it.

You just proved you don't have any idea about tennis then. :shrug:

Fujee
06-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Regardless of result. I love you Pics

Shinoj
06-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Thats Judgemental and beyond my realm of arguing.. Have a Good month.:wavey:

You just proved you don't have any idea about tennis then. :shrug: