Who of the top 3 has the best/worst chance of coming back from 2 sets down? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who of the top 3 has the best/worst chance of coming back from 2 sets down?

Federer in 2
06-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Who has the best chance to make the comeback?
I know it has to do a lot with who the opponent is, but if each one of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic were 0-2 down, in which case would you be the most confident that the favorite will still win?
----------
I think the one who has the worst chance is Nadal. When someone is outplaying one of the top 3 in the first 2 sets (like Seppi vs Djokovic), usually they can't deal with the pressure and the top player can still win the match by putting this pressure on the opponent and being agressive. This will cause a decline in the opponent's level after a while. Rafa is the most consistent of course, but perhaps his style is comfortable for someone who is winning. He is not putting the opponents under constant pressure, and they can take their time with the aggression and find their best game.

As for the other two, they are more aggressive. Federer is the more attacking one, but he is way less consistent than Djokovic. Between them, I definitely give Novak the edge. Since his game became more dangerous in 2011, he attacks more and takes the matches into his own hands. If you are a regular top 50 player, Djokovic is the one who you'll always need to pull something amazing against, if you want to win this last set.
If you become passive at 2-0 up, you probably won't make it against Federer either, but the ammount of UEs in his style of play can sometimes be the crucial factor in such a situation.

So:
Djokovic
Federer
Nadal

Action Jackson
06-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Federer 7
Djokovic 3
Nadal 3

The amount of times they have done it.

Leo
06-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Against a top player, maybe Djokovic right now.

Against a lesser opponent, Federer. Meaning he may also be more likely to be in such a hole after 2 sets than Djok/Nadal.

BroTree123
06-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Depends on the quality of the opponent like Leo mentioned.

156mphserve
06-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I'll go with Fed, he did it yesterday.

Then I'll go with Nole, he did it 3 days ago

Poor Nadal is too good on clay to go down 2 sets to 0 so he's in last

rafa_maniac
06-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Fed is more likely to clown away two sets to a nobody before turning it on for the next three, so him. But against quality oppositon, Djokovic right now for sure.

Apophis
06-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Federer 7
Djokovic 3
Nadal 3

The amount of times they have done it.

Do you know how often each of them faced 0-2?

Federer in 2
06-07-2012, 07:20 AM

I was wondering too.

iriraz
06-07-2012, 08:12 AM

U mean how many times they went 2 sets down and played 5 setters or beeing 2 sets down in general?Cause it`s been plenty of times in the past they went down 2-0 and ended up losing in straight sets.