French Open scheduling, questions and moaning Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

French Open scheduling, questions and moaning Thread

Certinfy
06-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Putting a mens match last on court is a bit stupid... Don't see why it's done, now Federer will definitely make the semi's regardless of who wins.

Of course they put Federer and Djokovic on court before these 2 matches currently going on though. :rolleyes:

JoWillyTso
06-03-2012, 07:21 PM
The scheduling here and at US Open is terrible. Although RG consistently have matches postponed throughout the tournament. When you are having to conclude matches the following day when there isn't any rain delays you need to rethink the scheduling.

Certinfy
06-03-2012, 07:22 PM
All they have to do is have floodlights or something, right now it's just beyond pathetic how unfair it gets. Berdych and Del Potro may have to play another 2 sets tomorrow just to win and then go out the next day and play Federer.

Time Violation
06-03-2012, 07:23 PM
They could just pay for the stupid lights, it wouldn't kill them

Roger the Dodger
The scheduling here and at US Open is terrible. Although RG consistently have matches postponed throughout the tournament. When you are having to conclude matches the following day when there isn't any rain delays you need to rethink the scheduling.

Copy and Paste.

LocoPorElTenis
and thank god it didn't rain even though it was forecasted

Roger the Dodger
06-03-2012, 07:24 PM

Sadly, with the French, it would work against tradition.

duarte_a
06-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Disgusting. And NID. The only thing Frauderer needs to cap it off is Robbing Flukerling in the final.

Still better than Mariano Puerta.....

Telegram Sam
06-03-2012, 07:26 PM
At least there are matches every Sunday. Not every Major can tell that.

Kiedis
06-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Tio Toni again, you know... oh wait!

Roger the Dodger
Still better than Mariano Puerta.....

:secret: Rafatards are mighty sensitive these days...

bleu_cheese
Paris, the City of Light. Uh huh.

tealeaves
06-03-2012, 07:28 PM
That's kinda fishy both Federer and Djokovic struggling SO LONG against Goffin and Seppi...
Imagine if their matches were scheduled last...

Mark Lenders
06-03-2012, 07:31 PM
ATP/ITP/tournament organizers catering to the top players. NID.

Gotta accept it unfortunately.

bleu_cheese
That's kinda fishy both Federer and Djokovic struggling SO LONG against Goffin and Seppi...
Imagine if their matches were scheduled last...

Yeah, what is Nadal doing? Finishing his matches quickly, doesn't he know that the opponents could have the advantage of a day of rest?

MaxPower
Just get some freaking lights. It's 2012, even in Paris. I bet players would prefer finishing matches than having to play over 2 days like it happens every day these days with the current style of tennis.

Tennis has moved on. Roland Garros is in the past

rubbERR
06-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Anyone madDD? :lol:

Allez
06-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Federer is basically 31 and has played 1000+ matches. Del potro is 23 and berdych is 26 and they are playing on clay which is much easier on the body and in not very hot conditions.

They will both be fine and the fact that federer at his age has played 3 straight 4 setters it will actually be about even in terms of how fresh these guys are.

Lets not forget djokovic played 2 grueling matches on hard court beating both murray and nadal out of all people and he's 24-25.
We're talking about very young guys with low miles on their body playing on the easiest surface for the body in very mild temperatures.

Whats really sad is that Federer is going to lose against either of them with his shit form anyways. It will make it hurt that much worse for fed fans given how he had rest days and his potential opponent did not.

Federer can no longer play like shit for a few rounds and suddenly summon up his great form in a big match. Everyone will see this tuesday and this is sad that he peaked too soon this year.

True.

Certinfy
06-03-2012, 07:35 PM
What's worse is Berdych vs Del Potro is most likely to be scheduled 2nd on court (the usual shit they do) and the first match being a mens match could take quite a while to complete. :facepalm:

Time Violation
06-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Sadly, with the French, it would work against tradition.

Maybe they should demand everyone plays with wooden racquets, it's the tradition after all :p

Allez
06-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Fed not in the kind of form to trouble either one of these two youngsters even if they play for 5 more hours tomorrow so could all the haters stop moaning. It's unbecoming.

Kat_YYZ
06-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Just get some freaking lights. It's 2012, even in Paris. I bet players would prefer finishing matches than having to play over 2 days like it happens every day these days with the current style of tennis.

Tennis has moved on. Roland Garros is in the past

they will have a roof before US Open does. And probably that court with the retractable roof will have lights. who will be left in the past then? :wavey:

Certinfy
06-03-2012, 07:41 PM
they will have a roof before US Open does. And probably that court with the retractable roof will have lights. who will be left in the past then? :wavey:
All courts with floodlights > One court with a roof and lights

From R1 to R4 having a roof on one court is pretty much near pointless if the rain is consistent.

Arkulari
06-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Federer is basically 31 and has played 1000+ matches. Del potro is 23 and berdych is 26 and they are playing on clay which is much easier on the body and in not very hot conditions.

They will both be fine and the fact that federer at his age has played 3 straight 4 setters it will actually be about even in terms of how fresh these guys are.

Lets not forget djokovic played 2 grueling matches on hard court beating both murray and nadal out of all people and he's 24-25.
We're talking about very young guys with low miles on their body playing on the easiest surface for the body in very mild temperatures.

Whats really sad is that Federer is going to lose against either of them with his shit form anyways. It will make it hurt that much worse for fed fans given how he had rest days and his potential opponent did not.

Federer can no longer play like shit for a few rounds and suddenly summon up his great form in a big match. Everyone will see this tuesday and this is sad that he peaked too soon this year.

This.

And come on, it's not as if he didn't play gruesome matches himself and that he's going to lose to either one ;)

Playing like shit and will be killed by Rafa in the final, so why wouldn't he tank the SF vs (most likely) Delpo :)

Certinfy
06-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Berdych has played 3 weeks in a row coming into Roland Garros and also a 5 setter just 2 days ago, he looks dead! Lets say he does somehow scrape the win tomorrow he's going to come out on Tuesday on fumes at best.

RNW
06-03-2012, 07:44 PM
The scheduling is just so naïve.
They look at the matches and then think -
oh, Djokovic-Seppi - that will be 3sets and 1h 40 min.

It's unbelievable! Nearly scandalous.

Why not play on 3 courts!

Unfair because Del Potro and Berdych probably have to play two long sets tomorrow. And this is unfair.

Roger the Dodger
06-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Maybe they should demand everyone plays with wooden racquets, it's the tradition after all :p

And within the purview of my other thread. But Nadal won't win the FO then, and the dulltards will complain.

bokehlicious
06-03-2012, 07:47 PM
op being his usual whining crybaby :zzz:

Kat_YYZ
06-03-2012, 07:48 PM
quit whining. it's the same scheduling as every year, same conditions for everyone.

Only three matches were on Chatrier today and even that court's last match didn't make it to be completed. There were no rain delays and even the women's matches weren't very long so you can't even bring the misogynistic bitching here. Shit happens. Deal with it.

Roger the Dodger
06-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Strangely, I am actually feeling sorry for Delpo and the Bird.

But then again, they are also facing OLDERER. So it might not matter all that much.

bjurra
06-03-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't think it is that much of a problem to play two sets tomorrow. In fact, I think that extra match play might even help going into the QF the next day.

Certinfy
06-03-2012, 07:50 PM
When my Berdykins is involved I will be a crybaby.

Can't wait till Djokovic destroys the old man in the SF, going to be a great day for tennis.

abraxas21
OP needs to grow a pair

rubbERR
op being his usual whining crybaby :zzz:

Have a little understanding for him as his Idol is in losing position.

He is ready to burst out his pants.

156mphserve
06-03-2012, 07:51 PM
All courts with floodlights > One court with a roof and lights

From R1 to R4 having a roof on one court is pretty much near pointless if the rain is consistent.

From R1 to R4 having a roof on zero courts is pointless if the rain is consistent

floodlights don't stop rain, they're nice to have so that matches will finish but if there's rain lights or no lights they won't finish. In the early rounds of Rg they finish anyway, just maybe a day late, but once you get to the business end of the tournament having 1 court with roof and lights is miles better than no roof and lights for the outside courts that the juniors play on

jonas
BrMGPvjPtM8

abraxas21
He is ready to burst out his pants.

so are you, mate.

barahmasa
06-03-2012, 07:53 PM
OP needs to grow a pair

If he didn't by now he never will ;) One of the most annoying tards on MTF :o

Allez
06-03-2012, 07:53 PM
OP attempting some ridiculous jinxes :haha: Berdych will beat the pony, trash Roger, humiliate Nole and destroy Rafa. Happy ?

Certinfy
06-03-2012, 07:57 PM
OP attempting some ridiculous jinxes :haha: Berdych will beat the pony, trash Roger, humiliate Nole and destroy Rafa. Happy ?
I am, thank you.

Going to bitch anything I want on this forum now, Fedtards themselves are the most annoying so time to rival them.

Roger the Dodger
06-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Certinfy is above all the nuisances posters here are blaming him for. Yes, he is a touchy-feely tard but he doesn't squander his energies making whining threads. His points are valid. RG needs to grow a pair of light bulbs. Cut him some slack.

ZaZoo)
06-03-2012, 07:58 PM
And it could very well rain tomorrow but guess what, no roofs as well. :haha:

Certinfy
06-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Certinfy is above all the nuisances posters here are blaming him for. Yes, he is a touchy-feely tard but he doesn't squander his energies making whining threads. His points are valid. RG needs to grow a pair of light bulbs. Cut him some slack.
Thank you.

Kiedis
06-03-2012, 08:03 PM
The acclaimed post here:

Roger is older, so he deserve all the privileges.

It sounds reasonable and fair.

Mark Lenders
06-03-2012, 08:06 PM
The problem here is the ATP and tournament organizers doing their best to get their precious 'Big 4' semifinals, which will bring them the most revenue, trying to eliminate/weaken any possible obstacles. It's not the first nor will it be the last time that scheduling/conditions/circumstances favor the top players. It is just the way it is and it won't change.

We need to accept that these days tennis is as much money-driven as any other sport.

Time Violation
06-03-2012, 08:09 PM
quit whining. it's the same scheduling as every year, same conditions for everyone.

Only three matches were on Chatrier today and even that court's last match didn't make it to be completed. There were no rain delays and even the women's matches weren't very long so you can't even bring the misogynistic bitching here. Shit happens. Deal with it.

Well, just because it's same for everyone doesn't mean it's the best way. It's understandable when they can't easily put on a roof, but how difficult is it to install some lights.

Roger the Dodger
06-03-2012, 08:09 PM
The acclaimed post here:

Roger is older, so he deserve all the privileges.

It sounds reasonable and fair.

Yeah, I found it rather interesting when Lenders made that comment in another thread a few days back but really, even as Olderer, Roger still sells!

shuhrat
06-03-2012, 08:18 PM
ATP/ITP/tournament organizers catering to the top players. NID.

Gotta accept it unfortunately.
Last year Nole-Juan had a very very late start due to Wawrinka-Tsonga 5 setter. A couple of days ago it happened to Nole again. (Wawrinka-Simon match) I agree with you to some degree but it doesn't always work that way. At least not the same for all top players.

Today actually Jo-Stan match was only the 3rd one, so this is quite an unusual thing.

samanosuke
06-03-2012, 08:18 PM
oh mate i know who do you feel, please cry, you'll feel better . it's normal to see people over 20 crying for such reason

Kiedis
06-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I found it rather interesting when Lenders made that comment in another thread a few days back but really, even as Olderer, Roger still sells!

And he sells tickets too. That's an even more decisive argument.

Gagsquet
06-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Right. This is unfair.

Mr. Oracle
06-03-2012, 08:26 PM
All they have to do is have floodlights or something, right now it's just beyond pathetic how unfair it gets. Berdych and Del Potro may have to play another 2 sets tomorrow just to win and then go out the next day and play Federer.

You're right. This is a case where traditions can be stupid. People traditionally eat blood sausage as well. They'll add lights as soon as Fed retires so they won't need to fix matches anymore.

scarecrows
06-03-2012, 08:32 PM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Babies/crying-baby-1.gif

GSMnadal
06-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Everything to make that Federer draw just that little bit harder

DrJules
06-03-2012, 08:44 PM
It does seem that Djokovic and Federer did receive favourable treatment over Del Potro/Berdych and Tsonga/Wawrinka.

Maybe the organisers are trying to engineer a Djokovic vs Federer semi-final.

scarecrows
06-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Certinfy is a hater, one of the worst kind

he wouldnt care about scheduling if Ber/DelPo was to face any other player

for him just to see Federer lose would make the day. Poor soul

Time Violation
06-03-2012, 08:48 PM
It does seem that Djokovic and Federer did receive favourable treatment over Del Potro/Berdych and Tsonga/Wawrinka.

Nah, surely they would've preferred Wawrinka-Berdych :p

karool
06-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Djokovic's and Federer's draw has 1 day more to rest than the other, no? And they make the 2 SF at the same day, so, I think at least Federer's match will not be played on tuesday. Or all QF will be played at wednesday.

sexybeast
06-03-2012, 09:21 PM

Can't wait till Djokovic destroys the old man in the SF, going to be a great day for tennis.

Federer will be the oldest player to reach semis in RG in the last 30-40 years if he gets there, that will be a feat in itself.

Claycourt greatness at 30+ is just not something that should ever be expected.

Commander Data
06-03-2012, 09:26 PM

Do not know why the idiots don't even have lights. Birdy might beat shitty Fed anyway :hug:

Gagsquet
06-03-2012, 09:29 PM
They don't have lights because they say playing on artificial light is wrong. As wrong as cut a day off for players? Don' think so.

david_is_not_fat
06-03-2012, 09:33 PM

THIS.
I don't understand why they don't have light :confused:

TigerTim
06-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Clown set up, clown season, clown country - NID :o

Commander Data
06-03-2012, 09:38 PM

:lol:

EliSter
06-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Lol like it matters, Feds gona lose QF anyways, tho i hope not, he needs to be roasted in friday :drool:

jojoh07
06-03-2012, 10:32 PM

basicly this

close it up

Alex999
06-03-2012, 10:51 PM
OK, really annoyed with this. they don't have to get a freaking roof, but please, lights. how difficult is that? I mean, they make like gazilions of dollars and they are still being so ignorant. what bugs me the most is that they really hurting some great players. both Berdych and DP (whoever wins) might be just doomed in the next round ...

EnriqueIG8
06-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Roger even said this himself after the match :shrug:

"RF : Not that i'm in trouble but, it's good cause the match last almost 3 hours i guess. I'm happy, even if i was favourite for the matches i played for now, i'm happy. I hope DP and Berdych will make a good match and i hope it will end today cause if not, it's unfair honestly. So i'll get some rest and then i'll prepare myself for the next match. "

Kiedis
06-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Roger even said this himself after the match :shrug:

"RF : Not that i'm in trouble but, it's good cause the match last almost 3 hours i guess. I'm happy, even if i was favourite for the matches i played for now, i'm happy. I hope DP and Berdych will make a good match and i hope it will end today cause if not, it's unfair honestly. So i'll get some rest and then i'll prepare myself for the next match. "

What a crybaby this guy... oh wait!

As I always say this guy don't deserve to have such fanbase :o

Leo
06-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Agree that USO and FO scheduling is consistently terrible.

Honestly, this could have been easily avoided if they just scheduled 2 singles matches on Court 1.

leng jai
06-03-2012, 11:49 PM

That is the main point most people will take out of this thread.

Looner
06-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Agree that USO and FO scheduling is consistently terrible.

Honestly, this could have been easily avoided if they just scheduled 2 singles matches on Court 1.

Would have made more money as well, I suppose. I do agree it is kind of unfair but it is all well-known. I wonder if Delpo's slow play had anything to do with the amount of time it took them to complete these sets. It was very competitive throughout so I really do not think so. Using only two show courts for R4 seems a bit insufficient when matches go on for so long.

tangerine_dream
06-04-2012, 01:25 AM
It would be nice if France would join us in the 21st century and behold the joy of stadium lighting.

duong
06-04-2012, 01:35 AM
Putting a mens match last on court is a bit stupid... Don't see why it's done, now Federer will definitely make the semi's regardless of who wins.

calm down : Berdych was lucky that the match was stopped today, but anyway the winner of this match will very probably play the semi.

Berdych just has to beat Del Po 2 sets to love now and he will make the semi, and considering Djoko's form and the two days off after QF, he has a chance for a final.

tripwires
06-04-2012, 01:39 AM
They don't have lights because they say playing on artificial light is wrong. As wrong as cut a day off for players? Don' think so.

It's definitely nicer to play under natural light but how ridiculous is it that matches get suspended due to darkness here and in Wimbledon, right? Seriously.

Lol how did this discussion become about Federer and how far he'll go?

brb OP makes thread complaining about Floodlights
brb some 'tards try to blame Roger for it
brb ridiculous claims such as draw fixing come in (Without proof too!)
brb is this real life?

:lol: Roger's too big for the haters to handle. They can't stand that their favourites will never be as successful as him. :shrug:

What a crybaby this guy... oh wait!

As I always say this guy don't deserve to have such fanbase :o

Making sense as usual, sweetheart.

duong
06-04-2012, 01:51 AM

no no no that's much easier than that : the French organizers and TV expected Djoko-Seppi and Fed-Goffin to be short matches, while Tsonga-Wawrinka and Del Po-Berdych would be big battles. And usually when something like that is expected, the match which is expected to be longer is scheduled second because it's better not making the players who play second wait too long.

If you think that the French prefer a Djoko-Fed semifinal than a Tsonga-Fed, you don't realize Tsonga's popularity in France :lol:

dencod16
06-04-2012, 01:53 AM
I think that French Open's scheduling is not good. This constant delays due to bad light is just not excusable. They should have better lighting to finish matches. It's like they expect matches to be as quick as Sharapova's or Nadal's (minus all the time he takes between points).

Freak3yman84
06-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Yeah, but the light problem doesn't have to do with bad scheduling, it's because RG is too ghetto to get lights... Plus, their scheduling might even be a bit better than the other slams because RG has 15 days rather than 14 :shrug:

viruzzz
06-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Yep. Wimbledon is worse with that "middle sunday" thing.

leng jai
06-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Giving Rafito the trophy right now would solve all the scheduling issues.

heya
06-04-2012, 02:25 AM
when success means beating clueless gimps and old men for 5 years, then yes, federer is greatest self-promoter.

leng jai
06-04-2012, 02:27 AM
when success means beating clueless gimps and old men for 5 years, then yes, federer is greatest self-promoter.

heya saying the word gimps :hearts:

FedvsNole
06-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Will fed-nole play the second semi again on friday even though they should be playing first since their half plays first.

I hope the french isn't starting to turn into the us open and make the better match the later one in the day bc i think thats what they did last year

Clay Death
06-04-2012, 03:10 AM
french organizers at RG are hate infested, envy fungus riddled legless ejacuzees who refuse to do the right thing.

ask the d-pot, berdych, and the clay warrior camps how they feel about this chicken shit, blatant abuse and manipulation by the french organizers.

Action Jackson
06-04-2012, 03:13 AM
It's getting the excuses in for the players when they lose. They were lucky to be able to do the renovations to stay at the current venue, let alone have lights.

When it reaches US Open 2003 level then let me know.

Clay Death
06-04-2012, 03:15 AM
i dont think clay warrior is going to lose aj. its him against all of france and he will be still be 7-0 on next sunday.

pissing him off is not going to work.

Chirag
06-04-2012, 03:15 AM
french organizers at RG are hate infested, envy fungus riddled legless ejacuzees who refuse to do the right thing.

ask the d-pot, berdych, and the clay warrior camps how they feel about this chicken shit, blatant abuse and manipulation by the french organizers.

wait they hate Nadal but yet fix the draw in favour of him :rolleyes:

evilmindbulgaria
06-04-2012, 03:28 AM
you have given 3 slams out of the 19 that you said favoured Fed ,thats so small that it might just be the luck on his side :) That happens to every player

That is true, but there are no excuses for stupid scheduling like today and tomorrow's schedule. With a little bit more careful scheduling there will not be situations like USO 2008!

mickymouse
06-04-2012, 03:29 AM
Kid of weird that they didn't place the potential competitors at the same time but one after the other. Guess they thought Nole-Seppi and Fed-Goffin will be quick 3 set affairs and wanted the prime time to go to the obviously more promising matches.

Chirag
06-04-2012, 03:30 AM
That is true, but there are no excuses for stupid scheduling like today and tomorrow's schedule. With a little bit more careful scheduling there will not be situations like USO 2008!

how did you expect the schedule today ? You realize it would not have been a problem had some one won in 3 as was expected of him instead of 5 ;)

evilmindbulgaria
06-04-2012, 03:34 AM
how did you expect the schedule today ? You realize it would not have been a problem had some one won in 3 as was expected of him instead of 5 ;)

I am not an expert but I would have put Djokovic first on Chatrier, then a Ladies match, then Federer, then another Ladies match.

At the same time, Ladies first on Lenglen, then Delpo-Berdy, then Tsonga-Wawa, and finally another ladies match.

rocketassist
06-04-2012, 04:14 AM

What the hell happened at USO 08? don't you mean USO 03?

All that happened at USO 08 was rainy schedule meant Murray-Nadal played on Armstrong.

evilmindbulgaria
06-04-2012, 04:26 AM
What the hell happened at USO 08? don't you mean USO 03?

All that happened at USO 08 was rainy schedule meant Murray-Nadal played on Armstrong.

A rainy day - yes, but Rafa - Murray match started more than 1 hour later than Federer's match. Murray was beating Nadal convincingly and would have won that day had they started earlier. Instead, they had to finish the match the next day.

And USO 2003 was pretty shameful too, but understandable - after all Roddick is an American!

Clay Death
06-04-2012, 04:31 AM
french organizers know the rains are probably coming late tomorrow so they gave the clay warrior the 4th match on the side court.

i call that shameless manipulation and failing to do the right thing time and again.

duchuy89
06-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Nadal will win.

Kiedis
06-04-2012, 06:20 AM
Making sense as usual, sweetheart.

Stay calm, dear, Kiedis comes to the rescue and make a map for you.

Centinfy said: "Schedule it's unfair for Berdych/Del Potro" - Roger said: "The schedule it's unfair for Berdych/Del Potro"

Certinfy is a crybaby according Federer fans. . . . . . . . . . . - Then Roger is a crybaby too? :unsure:

tripwires
06-04-2012, 06:38 AM
Stay calm, dear, Kiedis comes to the rescue and make a map for you.

Centinfy said: "Schedule it's unfair for Berdych/Del Potro" - Roger said: "The schedule it's unfair for Berdych/Del Potro"

Certinfy is a crybaby according Federer fans. . . . . . . . . . . - Then Roger is a crybaby too? :unsure:

:haha: You are such a clown. :hug:

Allez
06-04-2012, 08:10 AM
french organizers know the rains are probably coming late tomorrow so they gave the clay warrior the 4th match on the side court.

i call that shameless manipulation and failing to do the right thing time and again.

Not really. Murray & Gasquet have also been given the fourth match. They just want them playing at the time when the maximum number of people will be tuning in. Also neither one of those matches is the last one on either court. There is no conspiracy here CD.

masterclass
06-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Looking at the match-ups on both courts, it may be possible for all 5 matches to finish on Chatrier before Monaco vs. Nadal starts. Would they switch them to Chatrier if that happened?

Respectfully,
masterclass

Hewitt =Legend
06-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Gotta laugh at people complaining just because their favourites are in an undesirable situation. What goes around comes around, it happens to everyone. The top players deal with it and move on.

iriraz
06-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Looking at the match-ups on both courts, it may be possible for all 5 matches to finish on Chatrier before Monaco vs. Nadal starts. Would they switch them to Chatrier if that happened?

Respectfully,
masterclass

It won`t happen.Getting 5 matches done and then putting another match on center court is impossible,even getting those 5 is a big ask cause of rain forecast and long match prospect(Gasquet/Murray).

SheenKJohn
06-04-2012, 08:52 AM
:haha: You are such a clown. :hug:

Not surprising considering he is a rafatard :angel:

ServeVolley
06-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Why on earth is Ferrer vs. Granollers first on PC, but Nadal vs. Monaco fourth on SL? :eek:

iriraz
06-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Why on earth is Ferrer vs. Granollers first on PC, but Nadal vs. Monaco fourth on SL? :eek:

Ferrer hasn`t played one match on center court.And from what i read somewhere,every player who gets to the semis plays at least 1 match on PC.And probably Nadal is scheduled to play his quarter final match on PC so Ferrer had to get 1 match on the big court before a possible semi final.

Gagsquet
06-04-2012, 09:01 AM

Ferrer deserves more to have his match postponed to tomorrow ?

Clown.

leng jai
06-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Granoller's grunts demand the bigger court.

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Ferrer hasn`t played one match on center court.And from what i read somewhere,every player who gets to the semis plays at least 1 match on PC.

What the hell are you talking about? How can anyone guarantee that any player gets to the semi on the stage of 1/8th? Are you nuts? Murray has already signed the 1/4th capitulation act? Meaning that Gasquet and Granollers signed them for 1/8th as well?

The reason why Ferrer is on PC today is because the French organizers believe he will finish off Marcel much quicker than Almagro will beat Tipsa (if he will, we have high odds for a 5 setter here). So, they wanted Tsonga be done quickly before the rain today.

The reason why they have Rafa as 4th match today is because they hope he won't even start his match while Almagro have time to rest. The more problems Nadal has before the final, the better chance Federer has, that's all the French care about.

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Ferrer deserves more to have his match postponed to tomorrow ?

Clown.

Ferrer/Granollers should be in the same situation as Murray/Gasquet while Nadal/Monaco should be scheduled at approx the same time as Almagro/Tipsa.

Gagsquet
06-04-2012, 09:25 AM
What the hell are you talking about? How can anyone guarantee that any player gets to the semi on the stage of 1/8th? Are you nuts? Murray has already signed the 1/4th capitulation act? Meaning that Gasquet and Granollers signed them for 1/8th as well?

The reason why Ferrer is on PC today is because the French organizers believe he will finish off Marcel much quicker than Almagro will beat Tipsa (if he will, we have high odds for a 5 setter here). So, they wanted Tsonga be done quickly before the rain today.

The reason why they have Rafa as 4th match today is because they hope he won't even start his match while Almagro have time to rest. The more problems Nadal has before the final, the better chance Federer has, that's all the French care about.

:rolleyes: Conspiracy anti-Nadal of course...

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 09:27 AM
wait they hate Nadal but yet fix the draw in favour of him :rolleyes:

Remind me when was the last time Federer played on the 2nd day (or rather 3d with this stupid Sunday start) of RG. Then we will talk about fixing the draws and schedules for Rafa.

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 09:29 AM
:rolleyes: Conspiracy anti-Nadal of course...

They never even pretended they want Nadal to win. As far as I know the French always admitted openly they want Federer to win RG. The more they try, the less chances they will have though. That's how karma works.

Dmitry Verdasco
06-04-2012, 09:50 AM
The scheduling remains the absolute worst thing about this slam. Today for example, they have 4 womens singles, 4 mens singles, and now 2 matches to finish. In this case they should move 2 of the matches to Court 1, but it's all squeezed into 2 courts and now if 1 mens match runs long on each court then those last matches might not even start today. I'm sure whoever it is would rather play on Court 1 and get their matches done than wait another day just to play on PC or SL.

I feel bad for the crowds that endure four and a half sets of a mens match (featuring a local, no less) and then don't get to see the ending.

duong
06-04-2012, 09:51 AM
They never even pretended they want Nadal to win. As far as I know the French always admitted openly they want Federer to win RG.

the only tournament director who said that was Caujolle, the director of PAris-Bercy until last year (not any more now even though he still is MArseilles' and Nice's director) who is a die-hard Fed-fan just as the director of Indian Wells is a die-hard Nadalfan. And he also said that because it was a pity in his eyes that Fed had never won it : he wanted to see it before leaving the tournament and he was lucky enough to get it.

But about Roland-Garros you are entirely clueless : actually the president of the French tennis Federation (which organizes the tournament) Jean Gachassin is a Nadal-lover. He also did boo Federer when he had some netcords against Monfils 2 years ago in Bercy and lately the French Tennis Federation chose to attackepersonally Federer because he played the leading role in the campaign for higher prize money in grand slams.

But of course your hatred of the French in general (you probably think they also persecute Gasquet :rolleyes: ) is as big as your hatred for Federer then you probably can't understand that things are not always that simple.

Allez
06-04-2012, 09:52 AM

What the hell are you talking about ? Have you got someone on the inside feeding you all this BS you speak of as a matter of fact. Nole is the number one player in the world and has beaten Roger in 5 of the last 6 meetings they have had. He is the hands down favourite to come through the top half. Even if Federer manages to scrape through the top half (the only way being Nole losing to Tsonga), the organisers would have to be really stupid to believe he'd stand a chance against Rafa regardless of how either one got there :smash:

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 09:55 AM
But of course your hatred of the French in general (you probably think they also persecute Gasquet :rolleyes: ) is as big as your hatred for Federer then you probably can't understand that things are not always that simple.

I also think that the French hate Sharapova. They always cheer for the opponents of Russian players no matter whom they play against. Even for Puerta as long as he plays a Russian :shrug: So what? Those are the facts and we have to deal with them. Both Rafa and me :p

Tell me one thing then if you know the moods and likes of RG organizers? Why not the women matches first?! Their opponents are already resting. Why not to have Li Na on PC and Kvitova on Lenglen so that Del Potro and Berdych would start their match as soon as possible and finish it before the rain?

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 09:56 AM
What the hell are you talking about ? Have you got someone on the inside feeding you all this BS you speak of as a matter of fact. Nole is the number one player in the world and has beaten Roger in 5 of the last 6 meetings they have had. He is the hands down favourite to come through the top half. Even if Federer manages to scrape through the top half (the only way being Nole losing to Tsonga), the organisers would have to be really stupid to believe he'd stand a chance against Rafa regardless of how either one got there :smash:

Tell this to Federer. I have a feeling he has a totally different view on the things.

Plus, fluke of 2009 still inspires all the Fedtards.

P.S. And why you bolded you in your post? :confused: Just curious.

duong
06-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Remind me when was the last time Federer played on the 2nd day (or rather 3d with this stupid Sunday start) of RG.

last 3 years it was always Tsonga's half starting first (to make him start well the tournament on sunday), nothing to do with Federer.

Actually Fed is often lucky that he's in the same half as Tsonga in RG, as Roddick in the US Open, as Hewitt in MElbourne, and in the past he also was Wimbledon's title holder or finalist in 2009 when Nadal withdrew, that's why he often started first yes, but it could always be explained by Tsonga-Roddick-Hewitt-Wim's titleholder.

Besides, in MS1000 tournaments I've heard that Nadal himself often asked to start late.

nobama
06-04-2012, 09:58 AM

And if the scheduling had been reversed and their matches were carried over into the next day that would be fair? No, then we'd have Fed and ND fans bitching about the poor scheduling, no lights, etc. :rolleyes:

samanosuke
06-04-2012, 10:01 AM
no fucking rain today also, i won't be home tomorrow till evening so i need some matches from today to play tomorrow so fed would play later tomorrow but no... fucking paris, fucking weather , i want rain

duong
06-04-2012, 10:02 AM
I also think that the French hate Sharapova. They always cheer for the opponents of Russian players no matter whom they play against.

yes yes I should have guessed that :lol:

Safin was very much loved in PAris (3 times Bercy winner) and Davydenko had good support in recent years (he said that in Montpellier)

Tell me one thing then if you know the moods and likes of RG organizers? Why not the women matches first?! Their opponents are already resting. Why not to have Li Na on PC and Kvitova on Lenglen so that Del Potro and Berdych would start their match as soon as possible and finish it before the rain?

yesterday on Lenglen it was women's matches first, today I don't know but about Del Potro and Berdych (and Tsonga and Wawrinka) I know one thing : in every slam, when a match is stopped in the evening and has to be played in 2 days, it's not the first match the next day : I guess it's a matter that they went to bed late.

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 10:04 AM
last 3 years it was always Tsonga's half starting first (to make him start well the tournament on sunday), nothing to do with Federer.

Actually Fed is often lucky that he's in the same half as Tsonga in RG, as Roddick in the US Open, as Hewitt in MElbourne, and in the past he also was Wimbledon's title holder or finalist in 2009 when Nadal withdrew, that's why he often started first yes, but it could always be explained by Tsonga-Roddick-Hewitt-Wim's titleholder.

What about the years before the last 3 ones?

Oh, yes, he is very lucky. Exactly what I say. Very lucky with the draws and schedules. Easy to be lucky when you control them.

And no top player wants to start GS on the second day. It's very important especially when weather is involved.

tripwires
06-04-2012, 10:04 AM
yesterday on Lenglen it was women's matches first, today I don't know but about Del Potro and Berdych (and Tsonga and Wawrinka) I know one thing : in every slam, when a match is stopped in the evening and has to be played in 2 days, it's not the first match the next day : I guess it's a matter that they went to bed late.

It's really just common sense which is obviously lost on posters here more interested in concocting idiotic conspiracy theories.

nobama
06-04-2012, 10:07 AM

http://vecto2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ai_Helicopter_Vector_Pack_by_Thegoldenmane_-_thegoldenmane.deviantart.jpg

samanosuke
06-04-2012, 10:08 AM
i want rainnnnnnnnnnnnn :bigcry: :bigcry:

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 10:12 AM
yes yes I should have guessed that :lol:

Safin was very much loved in PAris (3 times Bercy winner) and Davydenko had good support in recent years (he said that in Montpellier)

Safin was loved, yes. He is an exception that proves the rule. Mystery of Safin is unique, boy, do I miss him :sad:

And don't even start on Davydenko, man, it's a sore topic! Even when he was a top player, he still got scheduled for court 17 at RG.

And of course you have no answer to my question about the scheduling because there is no one! Women should have been scheduled first! Yes, we all know about the stupid rule to schedule the postponed matches second. This is exactly WHY the WTA matches should have been the first. I was so damn sure they would be! Don't care if LI and Kvitova, or Sharapova and Kanepi, both pairs should finish their matches relatively quickly. Then Del Potro and Berdych would at least start their match before the rain.

But no, of course they wanted more problems for Federer's opponent. So, they put the men's matches first. The easier one before Jo (two Spaniards on PC, what a laugh! :rolls: ) and the harder one before Berdych/Delpo. And before Nadal of course. Two birds with one stone. Bravo, the Frenchies!

Allez
06-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Tell this to Federer. I have a feeling he has a totally different view on the things.

Plus, fluke of 2009 still inspires all the Fedtards.

P.S. And why you bolded you in your post? :confused: Just curious.

Because you asked the same question of the previous poster...was just trying to emphasise the fact that the point you were trying to make was no better then theirs. It's all speculation and conspiracy theories depending on who you're supporting :lol: I also disagree with this whole myth that the French do not like Nadal. There is no basis for that whatsoever.

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 10:14 AM
It's really just common sense which is obviously lost on posters here more interested in concocting idiotic conspiracy theories.

Again, tell me-- WHY NOT THE WTA MATCHES FIRST?!

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 10:16 AM
I also disagree with this whole myth that the French do not like Nadal. There is no basis for that whatsoever.

Mmmmh, how about naming one French poster who is Nadal's supporter? Against Federer of course. I know none.

Or, how about watching the Nadal vs Soderling match? Sure you have it stored on your computer somewhere as a pleasure watching before the night sleep.

tripwires
06-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Again, tell me-- WHY NOT THE WTA MATCHES FIRST?!

How the hell would I know? Do I look like a tournament organiser to you? Whatever I say would be pure guesswork just like whatever you're saying, except your "Frenchies suck Fed's dick all day long" conspiracy theory is pure idiocy.

LocoPorElTenis
06-04-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm not one to subscribe to conspiracy theories but have to agree that this scheduling is shit and, intentional or not, Federer will have an unfair massive advantage over his QF opponent and likely on his final opponent.

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 10:18 AM
i want rainnnnnnnnnnnnn :bigcry: :bigcry:

Of course you do. All Fedtards do. Hopefully, God/Universe has different plan ;)

tripwires
06-04-2012, 10:19 AM
I couldn't give less of a fuck whether it rained or not.

Allez
06-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Mmmmh, how about naming one French poster who is Nadal's supporter? Against Federer of course. I know none.

Or, how about watching the Nadal vs Soderling match? Sure you have it stored on your computer somewhere as a pleasure watching before the night sleep.

Soderling was the heavy underdog. Not sure how long you've been watching tennis...or sport in general but there are times when an underdog gets more vocal support against a heavy favourite. People want to see competitive matches. What the hell do you expect ?

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 10:21 AM
How the hell would I know? Do I look like a tournament organiser to you? Whatever I say would be pure guesswork just like whatever you're saying, except your "Frenchies suck Fed's dick all day long" conspiracy theory is pure idiocy.

If you don't know the answer, then it is very blatant if not suspicious to be so sure the intentionally unjust scheduling theory is idiocy. Keep away from discussion or try to argue.

Gagsquet
06-04-2012, 10:22 AM

Justlikeheaven

That's though the corner stone of the second RG of Fed :angel:

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Soderling was the heavy underdog. Not sure how long you've been watching tennis...or sport in general but there are times when an underdog gets more vocal support against a heavy favourite. People want to see competitive matches. What the hell do you expect ?

I watched that match. It was more than cheering for underdog. It was cheering against Rafa. You could see the difference. If you don't want to admit that, fine.

THey also didn't cheer for underdog in the final that year. Oh, yes, they pretty much cheered for the favorite.

samanosuke
06-04-2012, 10:25 AM
you can put all regular basis fan girls, trolls and deluded tards together and they still wouldn't be able to match just one fan girl who is trying to be reasonable

duong
06-04-2012, 10:26 AM
And don't even start on Davydenko, man, it's a sore topic! Even when he was a top player, he still got scheduled for court 17 at RG.

I guess that's the same everywhere in the world.

Even in Russia I always had the feeling that Davydenko didn't get what he deserved comparing to a Safin or even to a Youzhny.

By the way, Chesnokov in his time was also very much loved because he was a funny guy.

In the beginning of his carreer Davydenko was not precisely known to be a funny guy, this side of him appeared later but not as much as Chesnokov's.

Also the fact that Davydenko openly said several times that he played only for money didn't help.

About the scheduling, I tried to answer you :shrug: but why they scheduled Ferrer and Almagro first instead of ladies I don't know. Maybe because Ferrer and Almagro's matches are not sexy enough, esp. Ferrer-Granollers which they chose to put on Chatrier instead of Nadal (why ? well I already said that the RG organizers have a different notion of "centre court and court 1" as other ones : when Lenglen court was created they really wanted to make it a second centre court with ticket prices nearly the same as on Chatrier, it was a commercial choice)

Corey Feldman
06-04-2012, 10:26 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-z6ePdOnP05s/TvoTJWcuA4I/AAAAAAAAAOI/A_g7JBov-Hw/s320/a+-+paranoia.jpeg

samanosuke
06-04-2012, 10:27 AM
any news about the rain btw ?

duong
06-04-2012, 10:29 AM

you should read French forums :lol:

You should realize that there are few French posters on MTF, then they are not a representative sample at all (yes French people speak bad English, you should like that ;) )

The same as some stupid Fedfans on MTF are not representative of all Fedfans even though they are more numerous than French posters on this forum.

Eden
06-04-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm not one to subscribe to conspiracy theories but have to agree that this scheduling is shit and, intentional or not, Federer will have an unfair massive advantage over his QF opponent and likely on his final opponent.

Doesn't Novak also have to wait for his opponent for tomorrow as the Tsonga-Wawrinka match hasn't finished yesterday? ;)

Nobody expected that the matches of Roger and Novak would last that long yesterday, also the Tsonga-Wawrinka match. But that's sport and people usually like to see long and exciting matches.

I don't understand at all the complains which give you the impression that matches have never been postponed before Roger was active.

He also had to play a late match in Paris a few years ago and he would have even prefered it that it got postponed to the next day instead of having to play very late in the evening.

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 10:31 AM
About the scheduling, I tried to answer you :shrug: but why they scheduled Ferrer and Almagro first instead of ladies I don't know. Maybe because Ferrer and Almagro's matches are not sexy enough, esp. Ferrer-Granollers which they chose to put on Chatrier instead of Nadal (why ? well I already said that the RG organizers have a different notion of "centre court and court 1" as other ones : when Lenglen court was created they really wanted to make it a second centre court with ticket prices nearly the same as on Chatrier, it was a commercial choice)

Don't try to be cute. It's not funny. Especially now when Ferrer's match is about to finish and rain is about to start.

The RG organizers knew what they were doing. Fed and Djoker were not sexy enough to start their matches first yesterday? Give me a break.

duong
06-04-2012, 10:31 AM

I hope it doesn't rain of course :rolleyes:

if Gulzhan thinks you can stop Nadal like that :lol:

duong
06-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Don't try to be cute. It's not funny. Especially now when Ferrer's match is about to finish and rain is about to start.

The RG organizers knew what they were doing. Fed and Djoker were not sexy enough to start their matches first yesterday? Give me a break.

for first matches often the public arrives late and cannot see all of it : that's why usually they are not the best ones, keep calm Gulzhan please :hug:

samanosuke
06-04-2012, 10:33 AM
why gulzhan every year at acc time flying under the radar ?

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 10:36 AM
He also had to play a late match in Paris a few years ago and he would have even prefered it that it got postponed to the next day instead of having to play very late in the evening.

At the stage of 1/4? With rainy broadcast?

When there is a chance of rain, Federer always gets scheduled to play first. At 11 am. I remember once at Wimbledon he didn't get the first match on a rainy day and he was VERY angry about it. Will never forget as Richard had to play against him in 10 hours after he finished his 5-setter against Roddick. Without any reason they scheduled Federer's match first on that day!

Gagsquet
06-04-2012, 10:37 AM

Because she is not a clown. Just a bit delusional about Rafa.

duong
06-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Maybe you got wrong information about the rain that's why you're so angry : only light rain is expected today, nothing major :)

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 10:38 AM

This year I was banned. Thanks to the Kid.

Also, I am active during RG because Rafa winning it my No. 1 priority :rocker2:

Third, it's a generally low season, no? You can try and start discussion on Soviet Union or Russia during the ACC and I will get active.

leng jai
06-04-2012, 10:39 AM

Cause she's hot.

tripwires
06-04-2012, 10:39 AM
If you don't know the answer, then it is very blatant if not suspicious to be so sure the intentionally unjust scheduling theory is idiocy. Keep away from discussion or try to argue.

Blatant and suspicious? The hell are you on about? I don't need to have a plausible explanation for the scheduling to be able to call out a retarded conspiracy theory when I see one. You're assuming that all the French people responsible for scheduling think the same and all support fed - which doesn't make an ounce of sense to anyone who bothers engaging his or her brain. You're just letting your nadaltardism cloud your judgement and that is really pathetic.

EliSter
06-04-2012, 10:40 AM
At the stage of 1/4? With rainy broadcast?

When there is a chance of rain, Federer always gets scheduled to play first. At 11 am. I remember once at Wimbledon he didn't get the first match on a rainy day and he was VERY angry about it. Will never forget as Richard had to play against him in 10 hours after he finished his 5-setter against Roddick. Without any reason they scheduled Federer's match first on that day!

Will u stop bitching, like it matters.

samanosuke
06-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Also, I am active during RG because Rafa winning it my No. 1 priority :rocker2:

just this should be enough for QFs at least

Third, it's a generally low season, no? You can try and start discussion on Soviet Union or Russia during the ACC and I will get active.

should i be pro USSR or anti USSR to bring the best from you ?

leng jai
06-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Certinfy = gulzhan?

samanosuke
Cause she's hot.

where i can find photos of her ?

gulzhan
Because she is not a clown. Just a bit delusional about Rafa.

I haveonly two problems with MTF-- Fedtardism and stars-and-stripes tardism in politics.

I am very happy with the rest :wavey:

gulzhan
06-04-2012, 10:46 AM
just this should be enough for QFs at least

should i be pro USSR or anti USSR to bring the best from you ?

I think I always make at least one round :unsure: Never got through 3 rounds though. Had cake draws I guess :p

You have to be unjust, one-sided, and very subjective. Being anti helps, of course. I know the downsides of USSR very well, I don't need foreigners to preach me about them.

Lopez
06-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Blatant and suspicious? The hell are you on about? I don't need to have a plausible explanation for the scheduling to be able to call out a retarded conspiracy theory when I see one. You're assuming that all the French people responsible for scheduling think the same and all support fed - which doesn't make an ounce of sense to anyone who bothers engaging his or her brain. You're just letting your nadaltardism cloud your judgement and that is really pathetic.

You're just naive. You can't see the obvious things right in front of your eyes. You should have worn a foil hat to prevent the brain control waves from entering your head. Now your brain is being controlled by the Fedtard media. Little can be done to save you now :sad:

samanosuke
06-04-2012, 10:51 AM
qqXUpe3jlkA

CvBfHwUxHIk&ob=av2n

leng jai
Hasi lost 14 games in a row because he wasn't the first match on PC :cry:

tripwires
You're just naive. You can't see the obvious things right in front of your eyes. You should have worn a foil hat to prevent the brain control waves from entering your head. Now your brain is being controlled by the Fedtard media. Little can be done to save you now :sad:

If I were at my computer now I'd post the pic of Joaquin Phoenix wearing the tin foil hat in Signs.

Lopez
06-04-2012, 11:15 AM
If I were at my computer now I'd post the pic of Joaquin Phoenix wearing the tin foil hat in Signs.

This is how I watch tennis now and will watch with my kids if I ever get any:

http://aretherealiens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Foil-hat.jpg

reery
06-04-2012, 11:29 AM

Allez.:wavey:

Sunset of Age
06-04-2012, 11:34 AM

:rolls:

tripwires
06-04-2012, 11:37 AM

yes this is exactly it. :hearts: I really need to invest in one of those things; clearly my brain has been hijacked by Fedtard-loving aliens. :scared:

Lopez
06-04-2012, 11:49 AM
yes this is exactly it. :hearts: I really need to invest in one of those things; clearly my brain has been hijacked by Fedtard-loving aliens. :scared:

You really should. I've been vamosing ever since I started to wear mine :worship:

Lopez
06-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Why do they put the women and men on court at the same time :scratch:? This happened today and will happen tomorrow as well. What I mean is that first there are 2 women's matches, and then 2 men's matches. Is it that difficult to put the men's match first at Lenglen and the women's match first on Chatrier? That way both WTA and ATP fans will likely get to watch most of both matches. Now, they are starting at the same time so you have to choose which one to watch... It's frustrating!

Does anyone agree with me?

uNIVERSE mAN
06-04-2012, 08:34 PM
They put the women's match on first so people are forced to watch it and don't leave, otherwise they'd watch the men's match and then leave.

Surcouf
06-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Nobody cares about WTA.

The organisers don't want the crowd to just attend one match.

duong
06-04-2012, 10:42 PM
I was very surprised and don't remember that they did the same last year : did they ?

in the past, they had no problem to schedule all QFs on Chatrier Just start at 11.00 rather than 14.00:shrug:

not being able to watch the Qfs live is shit, esp. as French TV will show Djoko-Tsonga and not Fed-Del Potro :(

Besides, from what I saw, some women will play their QF tomorrow and then the semi the next day :confused: in the past they always had one day off between two rounds.

This seemingly new way of scheduling seems to have only commercial views for tickets but not be good for players and TVs.

reery
06-04-2012, 10:45 PM
WTA is obsolete.

hipolymer
06-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Why the hell would they schedule Federer and Djokovic matches around the same time period tomorrow? Sometimes I wonder if they hire monkeys for tournament organizers. :facepalm:

dencod16
06-05-2012, 12:58 AM
I was very surprised and don't remember that they did the same last year : did they ?

in the past, they had no problem to schedule all QFs on Chatrier Just start at 11.00 rather than 14.00:shrug:

not being able to watch the Qfs live is shit, esp. as French TV will show Djoko-Tsonga and not Fed-Del Potro :(

Besides, from what I saw, some women will play their QF tomorrow and then the semi the next day :confused: in the past they always had one day off between two rounds.

This seemingly new way of scheduling seems to have only commercial views for tickets but not be good for players and TVs.

Its been like that for a while.

dencod16
06-05-2012, 01:00 AM
I agree, its sort a blow to the tv orgainzers actually. Because in some countries they only show WTA and in some in ATP. If the reason is to get the same amount of rest i would be okay but that is not th reason as sharapova played a lot earlier against her quarterfinal opponent Kanepi. its very random that they do that.

cardio
06-05-2012, 01:20 AM
Why the hell would they schedule Federer and Djokovic matches around the same time period tomorrow? Sometimes I wonder if they hire monkeys for tournament organizers. :facepalm:

Because it is fair ? Because of rain ? Forecast is bad, it may rain until evening and noone knows if they can complete all matches at all. If they would schedule mens matches after each other, players in first match have unfair advantage - more probability to complete their match in Tuesday.

Topspindoctor
06-05-2012, 01:47 AM
Given the quality of recent WTA matches on clay, they all should be played on the outside courts :o Who really wants to see breakfests and mugfests between screeching ballbashers and chokers?

nobama
06-05-2012, 01:58 AM
I'm assuming they schedule them at the same time to keep it as fair as possible. Especially if there is a chance of rain delay.

Alex999
06-05-2012, 02:14 AM
I'm actually beyond pissed because I want to see both matches and I assume TSN will show the Djokovic Tsonga match. now I do have an option to watch Fed on my laptop, but hate watching 2 matches at the same time.

and, yes, I couldn't care less about the WTA matches. It's just ridiculous.

Johnny Groove
06-05-2012, 02:34 AM
I'm assuming they schedule them at the same time to keep it as fair as possible. Especially if there is a chance of rain delay.

Now this is a novel outlook.

All other posts are also valid.

Chirag
06-05-2012, 03:26 AM
I dont think its like that ,they just want a good match on SL so that they can sell more tickets for that .I mean PC tickets are booked months in advance right :shrug:

FedvsNole
06-05-2012, 03:50 AM
Given the quality of recent WTA matches on clay, they all should be played on the outside courts :o Who really wants to see breakfests and mugfests between screeching ballbashers and chokers?

Aside from their final, I would be content having all their wta matches on park courts. This allows all the men's matches to be finished on equal footing and none of this bullshit play suspended due to darkness.

Really the wta needs to take cues from other women's sports who realize no one watches them for their skill and have resorted to playing in bikinis or topless to draw ratings and it has worked!

Paying them equal to men is the biggest load of crap i've ever seen. It's not done in any sport in the world. Unless they do something unique other than grunting like idiots they don't help the sport in any way.

uNIVERSE mAN
06-05-2012, 04:05 AM

Yeah, along with the Nadal matches too.

tripwires
06-05-2012, 06:21 AM
Really the wta needs to take cues from other women's sports who realize no one watches them for their skill and have resorted to playing in bikinis or topless to draw ratings and it has worked!

Your misogyny is fucking disgusting. No one watches women's tennis for the skill? Speak for yourself you sexist clown.

This applies to all posters here who constantly denigate the WTA. Bunch of sexist fools.

FedvsNole
06-05-2012, 06:38 AM
Your misogyny is fucking disgusting. No one watches women's tennis for the skill? Speak for yourself you sexist clown.

This applies to all posters here who constantly denigate the WTA. Bunch of sexist fools.

Looks like I caught you in the wrong time of the month.:timebomb:

Let me clarify that I don't hate wta tennis. It's just that since players like hingis, henin, and kournikova retired most of their game today is pretty much one variety vs the same variety rinse and repeat.

xoyz
06-05-2012, 06:48 AM

That cannot be true, unless all 64 matches of the first round played on Monday. There are not enough days between Tuesday and the next Saturday for 7 rounds seperated by one day each.

gulzhan
06-05-2012, 07:13 AM

I would rather have a monkey as organizer than you. Why should for example Federer play first and Djokovic second? So that he had advantage as today over Del Potro who has to play three days in a row? Just because you want to see two matches back to back? Some people are just unbelievable!

Nole Rules
06-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Why do they put the women and men on court at the same time :scratch:? This happened today and will happen tomorrow as well. What I mean is that first there are 2 women's matches, and then 2 men's matches. Is it that difficult to put the men's match first at Lenglen and the women's match first on Chatrier? That way both WTA and ATP fans will likely get to watch most of both matches. Now, they are starting at the same time so you have to choose which one to watch... It's frustrating!

Does anyone agree with me?

Totally agree with you. It's really frustrating! :mad:

iriraz
06-05-2012, 07:22 AM
The most frustrating thing regarding the schedule is the starting time.Why in the world would they start with the women`s match at 2pm?
Last year when Nadal/Murray and Federer/Djokovic played in the semis,it was the worst schedule possible.After a 3 setter and at the end of the 4th in the Federer-Djokovic match there was basically no light.
The organisers need to assume both matches go to five sets and have the proper schedule for it.With no light after 7 sets,says it all about poor organisation

Chirag
06-05-2012, 07:37 AM
The most frustrating thing regarding the schedule is the starting time.Why in the world would they start with the women`s match at 2pm?
Last year when Nadal/Murray and Federer/Djokovic played in the semis,it was the worst schedule possible.After a 3 setter and at the end of the 4th in the Federer-Djokovic match there was basically no light.
The organisers need to assume both matches go to five sets and have the proper schedule for it.With no light after 7 sets,says it all about poor organisation

that was more due to time wasting between the points that prolonged the match .In 2009 both the semis went to 5 sets and there was plenty of light during the ending stages of the second semi :shrug:

iriraz
06-05-2012, 07:45 AM
that was more due to time wasting between the points that prolonged the match .In 2009 both the semis went to 5 sets and there was plenty of light during the ending stages of the second semi :shrug:

I know,but the organisers should know that a match involing Nadal,Murray or Djokovic is taking longer then a Gonzalez/Soderling match.
This year it will probably be similar to last year,regardless if Nadal would play Murray or Ferrer in the semis.U can`t expect the match to end in less then 3 hours,even if it`s only a straight set match.

sicko
06-05-2012, 07:49 AM

no sane man thinks of footwork when he sees maria's legs moving. :devil::devil:

mickymouse
06-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Aside from their final, I would be content having all their wta matches on park courts. This allows all the men's matches to be finished on equal footing and none of this bullshit play suspended due to darkness.

Paying them equal to men is the biggest load of crap i've ever seen. It's not done in any sport in the world. Unless they do something unique other than grunting like idiots they don't help the sport in any way.

The WTA is entertaining in being unpredictable. Something which you can't say for the ATP. Serena, Azarenka and Li Na's losses are infinitely more fun to watch than Nadal's annihilation of yet another opponent.

But yes, it's disappointing that both men's and women's matches begin at the same time. Was hoping for them to start at 11 as usual with the women. They usually end within 2 hours anyway. They should just get some flood lights. Then they can actually schedule all 4 matches on the central court.

Lopez
06-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Let me clarify that I don't hate wta tennis. It's just that since players like hingis, henin, and kournikova retired most of their game today is pretty much one variety vs the same variety rinse and repeat.

At least the WTA has umpires with balls (pun intended). Can you imagine an ATP umpire awarding a point to the opponent of e.g. Nadal or Djokovic for time wasting in a GS final like Eva Asderaki did in the Serena-Stosur match? (though the situation was different)

I wish it happened more often on the ATP-tour.

duong
06-05-2012, 08:31 AM

no no no it was scheduled like that before the tournament : it's a commercial choice for tickets because they want to sell expensive tickets on Lenglen but it's very bad for fans.

Hadn't realized it had been like that past few years :confused:
I remember the old times when we could see all QFs and there was not all that bullshitting talkshow with Golovin and guests always during the starts of sets as we have now on French TV :facepalm:

maybe I hadn't realized because in the same time as Fed, there was no match which was more popular in France :lol:

Besides, Fed has been very little shown on French TV so far (Djoko-Seppi, Simon-Wawrinka and some others in the meantime) then I feel very frustrated about watching Fed very little this tournament :sad:

I think I will leave work early this afternoon :o

duong
06-05-2012, 08:33 AM
I would rather have a monkey as organizer than you. Why should for example Federer play first and Djokovic second? So that he had advantage as today over Del Potro who has to play three days in a row? Just because you want to see two matches back to back? Some people are just unbelievable!

:facepalm: :facepalm:

(how did they do in nearly all tournaments for decades ?)

Li Ching Yuen
06-05-2012, 08:35 AM

:hearts:

Such feisty words...I'm loving it.

Navratil
06-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Why do they play only 2 singles matches on Philippe Chatrier and Suzanne Lenglen Court today?

They start at 2 pm, 1 Women's quarterfinal plus 1 men's quarterfal + 1 Doubles Quarterfinal!

That's pretty bad for the TV coverage, isn't it?

Why not start at 11 am and show 3 or 4 singles matches?? Nobody is going to watch the doubles anyway!

Dmitry Verdasco
06-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Why do they play only 2 singles matches on Philippe Chatrier and Suzanne Lenglen Court today?

They start at 2 pm, 1 Women's quarterfinal plus 1 men's quarterfal + 1 Doubles Quarterfinal!

That's pretty bad for the TV coverage, isn't it?

Why not start at 11 am and show 3 or 4 singles matches?? Nobody is going to watch the doubles anyway!

It should be a 12pm start. This is so dumb.

I think it's right to split the singles matches between SL and PC - they do have to sell tickets for both courts and no one is going to buy tickets for SL to watch doubles QFs.

Action Jackson
06-05-2012, 09:34 AM
They used to have an all the womens QF on Tuesday, but it stunk after 2 years so they added 2 mens quarter finals on this day.

duong
06-05-2012, 09:41 AM
They used to have an all the womens QF on Tuesday, but it stunk after 2 years so they added 2 mens quarter finals on this day.

did they play all men's Qfs on wednesday in the past ?

it seemed to me that they had played 2 men's Qfs on tuesday for quite a long time.

2 women's QFs being on court 1 (there was no Lenglen in that time), they could play 2 men's QFs on centre court, it was not like that in the past ?

according to my memories, on wednesday there were only 2 men's QFs, not 2 women's QFs.

emotion
06-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Looks like I caught you in the wrong time of the month.:timebomb:

:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:
and yeah, pay the men more and change schedule

duong
06-05-2012, 12:31 PM
It was not that long ago when Roland Garros scheduled them as follows

Tuesday

All 4 WTA Quarters on Lenglen

2 ATP Quarters on Chatrier

Wednesday

2 ATP Quarters on Chatrier

thank you Judio, but can anyone precise how it was before Lenglen court was built ?

I mean my memories go rather further (the first vision which comes to my mind is Michael Chang on his way to the win :lol: ) and at least I'm certain all men's QFs were on Chatrier but I don't remember about women, and am not sure if there were already men's QFs on tuesday or not.

tripwires
06-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Looks like I caught you in the wrong time of the month.

That is sexist too by the way.

As for your second paragraph - wah wah fucking wah. The exact same thing can be said for the ATP so I fail to see your point.

Megadethly
06-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Tripwires please shut up. I'm a feminist believe it or not, and I watch women's tennis too, but you're just humiliating yourself.

If you are not embarassed by the state of women's tennis this past couple of years then you need to get some standards. It's absolutely horrendous: no true champions, no legitimate world number ones, no dominant players, fluke runs in slams with no follow through, no rivalries, ball-bashers with no plan B making error after error, and pushers who breed off the ball-bashes and hit moonballs while refusing to come into the net and volley.

Please get some standards. If you like women's tennis then you should expect more.

Li Ching Yuen
06-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Tripwires please shut up. I'm a feminist believe it or not, and I watch women's tennis too, but you're just humiliating yourself.

If you are not embarassed by the state of women's tennis this past couple of years then you need to get some standards. It's absolutely horrendous: no true champions, no legitimate world number ones, no dominant players, fluke runs in slams with no follow through, no rivalries, ball-bashers with no plan B making error after error, and pushers who breed from the ball-bashes hitting moon balls and refusing to come into the net.

Shut up.

Megadethly
06-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Shut up.

Who the fuck was talking to you? Go and play in a mud hut.

Matt01
06-05-2012, 04:52 PM
They could start at 12 o'clock on Tue and Wed so that 2 women's quarterfinals and 1 men's quarterfinal would be on Chatrier (and the other on SL). This way all women's quarterfinalists could be on Chatrier. :angel:

duong
06-07-2012, 09:30 PM
They took a lot of time to release the schedule tonight, probably because some rain is also expected tomorrow.

But I was surprised that they only start one hour earlier than last year : at 1 o'clock local time.

Considering the forecast tomorrow I think they should have started earlier (11 o'clock) to give the best chance for the two matches to be finished tomorrow :

http://uk.weather.com/weather/hourByHour-Paris-FRXX0076?dayNum=1&flag=1

I think now they have to pray for short matches (Nadal and Djokovic winning easily ?) and little rain ... or Djoko-Fed might very well have to finish on saturday :shrug:

footygirl
06-09-2012, 11:04 AM
I have a number of issues.

1. The behaviour of the alleged president of FFT Jean Gassison, he behaved like a lout in booing Asderaki when she correctly ruled against Razzano on the noise hindrance rule. Gassison should shut his mouth and accept Asderaki has more authority on the sport than he will ever have. He either shows a bit more respect towards people or gets out of the sport and finds an environment where his deplorable and arrogant behaviour is acceptable

2. The selection of the chair umpires for the match. The quarter finals should be gold standard - not silver standard, and we get two random Frenchman doing a quarter and a semi final when they should have been gold standard officials - hard luck if they are not French. To prefer Pierre Bracchi and Arnaud Gabas to people of the quality of Asderaki and Lang is laughable.

3. Too many male umpires doing womens matches - and mostly all French of course.

Hopefully Woodrow could help on this issue

Corey Feldman
06-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Who the fuck was talking to you? Go and play in a mud hut.
:haha:

anon57
06-09-2012, 01:30 PM
The commentator on the Dutch ES just mentioned during the womens final that organizers are thinking of moving the mens final to Monday due to the bad weather forecast for tomorrow. Anyone know if this is actually true, or are they just making preparations in case the final can't be completed tomorrow because of bad weather.