Roland Garros R4: Djokovic def. Seppi 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 7-5 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roland Garros R4: Djokovic def. Seppi 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 7-5 6-3

Action Jackson
06-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Djokovic got it done in the end, all about W and the test will be good for him. Even when 2 sets down didn't feel he'd lose this.

Excellent effort from Seppi not sure if he really believed he could win and cumulative effect from the 5 setters against Kuku and Verdasco told in the end. Was struggling to use the legs on serve and heavy legged on the groundies at the end and Djokovic took advantage as he should in the tough conditions.

MIMIC
Seppi was great overall. He really took those first two sets. But he did benefit from Novak's poor showing. Djokovic was all kinds of terrible. :facepalm: :facepalm: Worst he's ever been in a while.

Wacky day on the clay, it seems.

azinna
Nole's form is truly, inexplicably poor.

Chirag
http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/whew-smiley.gif

3rd time in his career :worship:

jonas
Chokefest, mugfest, errorfest, clowns, hand Rafa the trophy, windy, slippery, damp, clutch, Novak 0,2-1,5, WTA, upset, gift, shit, tard, Federer, Nadal, it's over, pathetic, karma, GOAT, empty tank, no footwork, bring on grass, LOL, can't see him losing, prick, taking it to the big guns, NID, arrogant, monster, won't reach SF, incredible, fluke, nonsense, WTF, embarrassing, shank, Goffin, fuck the crowd, Seppi 2.0, lucky escape, I am not happy with the clay warrior, of course, weak era, jinx, amazing, epic, uncle Toni, laughable, horror, is beyond me, boring, retire for your fans, Rafa's birthday, survive, won't reach final, Olderer, goodbye, fun while it lasted, awful, GSM Rafa, easy, huge favourite, sick of this dirt, ROFL, let the chances slip, mental giant, terrible, 4-6, 6-7, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, huge wake up call, go home, lame, doesn't care, folds like a cheap tent, NIFD, facepalm, never winning RG, crazy, bandwagon, kneejerk reaction, Rafa to retake #1.

There you go.

Now give me something new, folks.

GSMnadal
Nole slam imminent

Chris Kuerten
Please let him peak in the final :o

reery
06-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Taken to 5 sets by Seppi.:o

He is not winning RG.

Rita
Nice effort Seppi. Better luck next time doe :awww:

Chirag
and I believe this will strengthen him and take him closer to the title :bounce:

rinnegan
Nole was shockingly, disgustingly bad. Play better, Falcon. I believe in you.

ZaZoo)
God awful match from Nole :tape:

Solid display from Seppi, well done! :)

Haters- :bigwave:

Regenbogen
06-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Honestly I think Djokovic might start playing a lot better after this, but we'll see :shrug:

TennisOnWood
A joke, big one

emotion
Terrible match, Novak needs to thank Dasco and Kukushkin
Djokovic is a great sport though

Johnny Groove
06-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Boy oh boy, what a match there.

Seppi got a bit fatigued at the end, fought very well, played out of his skin, had Nole on the ropes, but couldn't deliver the final blow. Djoker playing not bad, Seppi just was at 1000%.

Mateya and Seppi, hugs all around :hug: :hug:

Seppi can take a lot from this into the grass season, and Djokovic needs to get his act together if he wants to progress much further.

Orka_n
Excellent fight from Seppi but he lost his sharpness in the 3 last sets and didn't have the necessary luck in the fifth (Nole dead net cord winner on 4*-2 deuce for example)...

Great tournament anyway Andreas. :hatoff:

Good on Novak to fight through this.

Mercury
Seppi :sadface:

Even at 2-0 I had no doubt his level will drop and in the 3rd Nole wasn't even playing, Seppi just let him have it. It was all gone once it reached the 4th set.

Djoko... Better step it up cause this just won't do.

finishingmove
Ha!

Got you there.

70-68
06-03-2012, 04:32 PM
set 1 & 2: Seppi playing GOAT, Djoker utter shit
set 3, 4, & 5: both playing utter shit

Commander Data
Novak marches on :rocker:

Absolute Anthropoid
From what I've seen there is very little chance Djokovic can beat Nadal in the final. Who knows if Djokovic will even get there.

Seppi played very well in the first 2 sets and after that his level fell while Djokers rose. Seppi was pretty clutch in big moments except for when he DFed on breakpoint in the 5th :facepalm:

zlaja777
God Almighty, that was awful.

motorhead
Goffin, fuck the crowd

hahaha :haha:

homogenius
routine

Deathless Mortal
06-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Chokefest, mugfest, errorfest, clowns, hand Rafa the trophy, windy, slippery, damp, clutch, Novak 0,2-1,5, WTA, upset, gift, shit, tard, Federer, Nadal, it's over, pathetic, karma, GOAT, empty tank, no footwork, bring on grass, LOL, can't see him losing, prick, taking it to the big guns, NID, arrogant, monster, won't reach SF, incredible, fluke, nonsense, WTF, embarrassing, shank, Goffin, fuck the crowd, Seppi 2.0, lucky escape, I am not happy with the clay warrior, of course, weak era, jinx, amazing, epic, uncle Toni, laughable, horror, is beyond me, boring, retire for your fans, Rafa's birthday, survive, won't reach final, Olderer, goodbye, fun while it lasted, awful, GSM Rafa, easy, huge favourite, sick of this dirt, ROFL, let the chances slip, mental giant, terrible, 4-6, 6-7, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, huge wake up call, go home, lame, doesn't care, folds like a cheap tent, NIFD, facepalm, never winning RG, crazy, bandwagon, kneejerk reaction, Rafa to retake #1.

There you go.

:haha: :worship:

misty1
this result sucks so much

MIMIC
The sad part is that Novak might not have won if Seppi hadn't DFed. Novak was an absolute CLOWN on almost every last BP he was handed.

God, I hope he improves

rinnegan

He is not winning RG.

Better than being taken to 4 by No. 109 Goffin.

arm
I feel sorry for Seppi. :hug: He made a huge effort. :worship:

I feel sorry for you too, Nole. :unsure: Please make it easier the next time. :angel:

henke007
Nole was lucky that Seppi folded easy.

Action Jackson
Please let him peak in the final :o

He will improve in the quarter finals. There are tough days like that he got through and that's all that counts.

Not the easiest conditions to play in .

EliSter

There you go.

Pretty much this.

Telegram Sam

He is not winning RG.

Rafa was taken to five last year.

This match... :sad: :sad: :sad:

Expected outcome, unexpected score. Was fun for a while, I admit. Big-head was stretched.

hipolymer
06-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Pathetic from Nole. The only way he's winning this RG is if he plays Clownga in the quarters, Berdych in the semis, and Murray/Ferrer in the final. Even then it wouldn't be set in stone.

rocketassist
Seppi gave an admirable effort there. :hatoff: If only some more talented players had his guts and spirit.

Ultimately he played a couple of bad service games when level in the third and it cost him, when had he edged in front the pressure on Novak would have cranked up.

Novak Slam is not happening.

Commander Data
A session in the egg and Djoker is as good as new.

MIMIC

Tags for the YouTube highlight vid :rocker2:

gorgo1986
Djokovic utterly pathetic, plays worse with each round. But you have to hand it to him, he always fights trough. That is the difference between Djokovic a couple of years ago and Djokovic now. Seppi had it in the bag, he just could not pull the trigger and that is why he is not a top player.

Good effort by Seppi! Feel bad for the guy. Congrats to Nole fans but do not bet on him winning a Golden Slam, with each tournament he gets worse. Do not see him getting past the SF.

sicko
06-03-2012, 04:35 PM
nole knew seppi was a safe bet to improve his 0-2 sets down stat. :sport::sport:

be prepared fedal:wavey::wavey:

Action Jackson
06-03-2012, 04:35 PM

There you go.

Post of the year so far.

EliSter
06-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Sukit haters! :wavey:

Noleta
Didn't look good,until Seppi realised he was in the winning position,from then on...

Novak,out of all sorts today;just terrible showing from the "world number one",he ought to up his level that's for sure!

SVK

There you go.

LMAO, thank you...this is what I needed to overcome the bitterness I had.

FedererBulgaria
Lucky as hell,again!

Drugs Ruin Lives
06-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Go Nole!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/152/237/zP10f.gif

Mark Lenders
06-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Great match, loved it.

Tremendous effort from Seppi, made himself and his fans proud for sure. Could have done better had he not spent so much time on court in the first week.

Hope he continues playing well this year, this guy has some guts. Went down, but went down swinging against the best player in the world :yeah:

reery
06-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Pathetic from Nole. The only way he's winning this RG is if he plays Clownga in the quarters, Berdych in the semis, and Murray/Ferrer in the final. Even then it wouldn't be set in stone.

That's not going to happen.

Nole fan
06-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Honestly I think Djokovic might start playing a lot better after this, but we'll see :shrug:

I have that feeling too, he can only go up from now on.
This match was like going to hell and back, but I had so much fun following it in the Nole Forum. It was a communal experience. :lol:

This match could be his Troicky match circa USO10. A wake up call. I hope so.

Voo de Mar
Surprising but not shocking, Seppi is a very good player who couldn't get together all his strengths through a longer lapse of time until this season. Djokovic is so amazingly experienced that even two games away (like happened in the 4th set) in matches against players of Seppi's level is a very long distance, so despite the scoreline the Serb had the match under his control actually since the later stage of the second set when he broke back.... Seppi lost very similar 5-setter to Gulbis 4 years ago in the Davis Cup rubber.

tektonac
:facepalm: nole pushing ain't your business man. get back to your game asap or face the doom of andy murray :facepalm:

Time Violation
06-03-2012, 04:41 PM
This will teach people not to underestimate ATP Belgrade :p Seppi really played great, all credit to him :worship: Glad Novak pulled through, hopefully this makes him more focused for the second week, he's going to need it.

RNW
06-03-2012, 04:41 PM
It's not enough to say "Seppi played well" or "Great effort by Seppi".
Those are professional athletes. It was not meant that Seppis task is it to make it competitive. He could have won this match. Nole was not good today, only in 3rd set. But Seppi could have risk more in late 4th set, even in 5th set he had chances. Huge disappointement by both.

rocketassist
06-03-2012, 04:42 PM
This match was like going to hell and back, but I had so much fun following it in the Nole Forum. It was a communal experience. :lol:

That Troicki match turned his whole career around arguably.

*Jean*
06-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Andreas :bigcry:

TigerTim
06-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Well done Seppi, just not enough :(.

asmazif

There you go.

just all kinds of fantastic

leng jai
Nole's slice and moonballing :facepalm:

He was always winning this anyway. It's nice to know you can play this badly and still win. Seppi was playing out of his mind for the first few sets.

Mateya probably lost consciousness when he went up a break in the second.

Forehander
Lol its funny how people always say novak djokovic is in horrible form while he loses more games than usual, fully discrediting the opponent. Open your eyes, as well as Seppi played it never felt he was going to really win the match why? Because Djokovic was sustaining a high level of tennis throughout the match and the depths and power of his shots never faded away. His second serve was clicking was hard to attack, his forehands were going corner to corner and the backhand was working fine despite the windy conditions. Sure, he wasnt at his best, but If you truly think Djokovic played bad bad bad bad tennis then you're clearly blind.

Action Jackson
06-03-2012, 04:45 PM
It's not enough to say "Seppi played well" or "Great effort by Seppi".
Those are professional athletes. It was not meant that Seppis task is it to make it competitive. He could have won this match. Nole was not good today, only in 3rd set. But Seppi could have risk more in late 4th set, even in 5th set he had chances. Huge disappointement by both.

Sounds like a Fed fan who is upset that someone couldn't take out Djokovic before they are scheduled to meet.

Tennis is not a hard sport to understand. There are the reasons the big guys win matches when they aren't playing well and Seppi played 2 5 setters beforehand as well. Not like Seppi was up at all in the 3rd, 4th or 5th sets that he choked.

rocketassist
06-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Seppi was taking risks. That's why he made the mistakes in the big points. He had a go.

Dr.Slice
06-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Great showing by Seppi, gave his all, but didn't have the stamina in the end anymore, which was to be expected considering the 5-setters he had. All credit to him.

Nole needs to improve his level to get to final and do something against Nadal there.

nole_no1
06-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Pfew. I'm happy Nole is in the quarter finals but i'm more happy with the fact that he fought so hard and was able to turn around the match. That shows that he really is a strong player mentally :yeah:

Seppi was incredibly good in some moments of the game but he couldn't mantain the rhythm troughout the whole match

Mental Giant
06-03-2012, 04:50 PM
what happened in the 4th set? djok was 3-0 at one point

samanosuke
06-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Seppi was never going to win this match nayway. Good player and good shotmaker just he doesn't have that mentality of a winner. Even rusty I see Nole reaching the finals but sadly nothing more

Corey Feldman
06-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Seppi the iron man :worship:

legend, just unlucky in the end

HeretiC
06-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Djokovic tried to continue as in a match against Devilder, aggressive and fast finishing the points and it looked that he might pull it off at the start. But the conditions weren't good for that kind of play and he started missing more and more allowing Seppi to come back in the first set. Seppi stayed calmed and composed and did not panic, played his game and waited for Djokovic to shift through tactics and when he tried to grind out points, he quickly stepped in and took over the rallies, being more aggressive and moving Djokovic around. He was excellent with the backhand down the line today and also surprised Djokovic too many times with forehand cross court behind him hitting it as late as possible waiting for the opponent to run to the open court, he did a great job making a usually great anticipation from Djokovic a non-factor today. Great match from Seppi but his chances were to win this as soon as possible, he might have won this if it went to a tie break in the fourth. Awful day for Novak, he was completely un-clutch and probably haven't netted that many easy second serve returns in his entire carrier.

Nole fan
06-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Djokovic has reached the quarter-finals or better at 12 consecutive major tournaments and is riding a 25-match winning streak in Grand Slam events dating back to his semi-final defeat to Federer in Paris last year.

Helevorn
06-03-2012, 04:55 PM
I admit I lol'd.

GSMnadal
06-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Better player lost :sad: :awww:

BroTree123
06-03-2012, 04:57 PM

There you go.

Congrats, you won.

Djokovic has reached the quarter-finals or better at 12 consecutive major tournaments and is riding a 25-match winning streak in Grand Slam events dating back to his semi-final defeat to Federer in Paris last year.

Way to bring this up to cover up the garbage performance from your man :lol:

U scared?

Filo V.
06-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Andreas blew some pretty wide open shots in big moments from about the middle of the third onward. Nole really dug in at that point and basically forced Seppi to answer the questions and he ultimately couldn't do it. Nole deserves credit for hanging in but he didn't play a good match and he's not looking in the shape to defeat Nadal here.

sicko
06-03-2012, 04:59 PM

where's that 1 vs. 3 in your sig? :wavey::wavey::wavey:

don't see it.:wavey:

TigerTim
06-03-2012, 05:00 PM
It will be painful when Nadal crushes this mug.

reery
Why are people complaining? Seppi is a vastly inferior player to Djokovic in all departments. This match was NID.

The fact that he took Djokovic to 5 sets so early at RG shows how lowly Djokovic is playing. He has not won a title since Miami. Nothing on clay. And he probably will win nothing on grass as well.

Fireballer

and tied Pete and Nadal for most wins at a GS even in a row :worship:

hiperborejac
06-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Ugly win. Novak very bad in important points... So many BPs wasted with UEs but also credit to Seppi for winning first 2. Definitely Novak can't move in mud and hit good lower balls, spin isn't working...

GSMnadal
U scared?

Like you wouldn't believe

Petrovic

This...

Jade Fox
06-03-2012, 05:02 PM

A few sacrifices to the tennis gods had to be made, (except for Brutus) but it got the job done.

And I certainly hope he plays better from now on. Otherwise Tiriac won't be alive for long. :devil:

tektonac
06-03-2012, 05:03 PM
nole broke the kohlschreiber curse :lol:

reery
06-03-2012, 05:04 PM

But he didn't win the USO2010.

Being taken to 5 so early, this in not the SF against Federer or Murray, is not a good omen.

He never wins slams when he plays 5 setters so early. W2010 against Rochus, USO2007 against Stepanek, USO 2010 against Troicki.

Ben.
06-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Seppi played very well for two sets and Djokovic was patchy throughout the match. Remarkable that Seppi still took that second set after folding when serving for it. It was over when he only held serve once in the third, really. Needed to hold serve at *5-6 in fourth and take it on a breaker, was never winning the decider.

It goes without saying that Djokovic will need to improve to win the tournament. Fortunately for him he has Wawa or Tsonga next and that Federer is not in good form so far this week.

Time Violation
06-03-2012, 05:07 PM

Being taken to 5 so early, this in not the SF against Federer or Murray, is not a good omen.

He never wins slams when he plays 5 setters so early.

When it's easy win, people whine the competition is s**t and the era is weak/predictable... when there's a 5-setter than it's bad omen and what not. Please :)

leng jai
06-03-2012, 05:08 PM
A few sacrifices to the tennis gods had to be made, (except for Brutus) but it got the job done.

And I certainly hope he plays better from now on. Otherwise Tiriac won't be alive for long. :devil:

:confused:

PedroMarquess
06-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Why are people complaining? Seppi is a vastly inferior player to Djokovic in all departments. This match was NID.

The fact that he took Djokovic to 5 sets so early at RG shows how lowly Djokovic is playing. He has not won a title since Miami. Nothing on clay. And he probably will win nothing on grass as well.

He probably won't win more titles. He's done. Retire for your fans Nole. :worship::facepalm:

Fireballer
06-03-2012, 05:10 PM

you should be banned for trolling and being an idiot

Snowwy
06-03-2012, 05:11 PM

I could be wrong, but I think you misinterpreted reeny's post

Jade Fox
06-03-2012, 05:13 PM
:confused:

Oh so you're playing dumb now huh? That's okay. ;)

70-68

He never wins slams when he plays 5 setters so early. W2010 against Rochus, USO2007 against Stepanek, USO 2010 against Troicki.

When those 5 setters happened, he wasn't winning slams at all, regardless of how many sets he played.

shiaben
Didn't see the match but I'm assuming all of Seppi's heavy hitting shots went in the court as opposed to outside of the boundaries. Well, if this or Goffin taking a set off Federer are not indicators, then I don't know what is, there's no way Nadal is losing Roland Garros and if he does then face palm.

reery

Truth hurts.:o

zero titles on clay this year and very likely zero titles on grass. :lol:

Pucho
06-03-2012, 05:14 PM
I have no idea how he won this... :scratch:
By far his worst match i have ever seen... 70+ unforced errors...
But what troubles me is his break point conversion in last month or so...

Gimeno-Traver 3/12
Wawrinka 2/10
Tipsarevic 0/7
Nadal 1/7
Starace 4/15
Kavcic 6/15
Seppi 9/22

He really sucks at break points... :smash:

reery
06-03-2012, 05:16 PM
When those 5 setters happened, he wasn't winning slams at all, regardless of how many sets he played.

Those early 5 setters did not happen at AO2008, AO2011, W2011, USO2011, AO2012.

Says it all.

sicko
06-03-2012, 05:17 PM
the djoker is now 16/21 in 5-setters. :bounce:

Dougie
06-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Certainly not a great match from Djokovic, but it doesn´t really say anything about his true form. These kind of matches happen, sometimes you need to work hard and pull through even when you´re not playing well. Who knows, this match might even make him stronger than he was.

MIMIC
06-03-2012, 05:18 PM

Gimeno-Traver 3/12
Wawrinka 2/10
Tipsarevic 0/7
Nadal 1/7
Starace 4/15
Kavcic 6/15
Seppi 9/22

Novak bored with winning. Wants to try losing for a change. :mad:

Libertango
06-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Dreadful, but well fought Novak!!

Fireballer
06-03-2012, 05:24 PM
I could be wrong, but I think you misinterpreted reeny's post

doubt it he is just trolling for no reason.Changing his tune every time someone wins

christallh24
06-03-2012, 05:25 PM
:(Novak!

Gee whiz! Get about pulled my hair out over this. It's too early in the tournament to be having these sorts of matches.

Nole plays Tsonga or Wawa, right?

Action Jackson
06-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Stick to the Nole and Seppi match. Fed has nothing to do with this.

Looner
06-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Lucky Djokovic. Seppi wanted to prepare for Wimbledon. He's planning to sweep through the grass season after the amazing grass win against Tipsy last year :bowdown:.

GSMnadal
06-03-2012, 05:29 PM

Gimeno-Traver 3/12
Wawrinka 2/10
Tipsarevic 0/7
Nadal 1/7
Starace 4/15
Kavcic 6/15
Seppi 9/22

6/15 and 9/22 is pretty good? You're not expected to make more than 40% of return points

Fireballer
06-03-2012, 05:30 PM
6/15 and 9/22 is pretty good? You're not expected to make more than 40% of return points

no dude he is awful on BP for 2 months now

Pucho
06-03-2012, 05:32 PM

Well, for Starace and Seppi yes, but if he wants to do something big in RG, he needs to improve that in rounds to come...

ServeVolley
06-03-2012, 05:37 PM

Gimeno-Traver 3/12
Wawrinka 2/10
Tipsarevic 0/7
Nadal 1/7
Starace 4/15
Kavcic 6/15
Seppi 9/22

It's Simon Reed. I was listening to him on Eurosport and he said Djokovic nearly always converts his break points. :banghead:

Art&Soul
06-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Lucky Faker, Seppi :sad:

AndyUK
06-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Great match to watch, Seppi gave it his all and played some brilliant tennis at times.

Djokovic managed to get over the line in the end but the performance wasn't great. A lot more errors than usual from him. He'll just be happy to have scraped through this one.

nole_no1
06-03-2012, 05:52 PM
It's Simon Reed. I was listening to him on Eurosport and he said Djokovic nearly always converts his break points. :banghead:

:rolls: That explains a lot

green25814
06-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Lucky one for Nole, but he got through, which is the most important thing for him.

Kat_YYZ
06-03-2012, 06:15 PM
wow, I'm so glad Nole pulled through, but that was UGLY! :(
And I only watched the 3 sets Nole actually won!!

I don't know if it's the heavier balls or what, Novak's shots just look so weak. :unsure:

Chokefest, mugfest, errorfest, clowns, ... kneejerk reaction, Rafa to retake #1.

There you go.

can't give out any more rep but this is :worship: :yeah:

Nole Rules
06-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Nole Slam still alive. Disappointing day for the haters.

:sport:

Sofonda Cox
06-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Bad result for tennis.

Nole Rules
06-03-2012, 06:34 PM
wow, I'm so glad Nole pulled through, but that was UGLY! :(
And I only watched the 3 sets Nole actually won!!

I don't know if it's the heavier balls or what, Novak's shots just look so weak. :unsure:

Yeah i agree. Even Seppi's shots looked more powerful and effective than him. Not a good sign at all for Nole. I think he will lose in SF again unless he finds his 2011 form which looks unlikely to happen to be honest.

Still, he might surprise us in the next 2 rounds.

Gilloulou
06-03-2012, 06:37 PM
shame they still play best of 5 in GS, he should have been at the hotel packing by now

munZe konZa
06-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Problem for Nole was damp and cool condition made the clay very slippery so he didn't move. It was exactly like last year match when he lost here.

Hian-GOAT
06-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Andreas :awww: So proud of you :)

Shinoj
06-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Djokovic plays a strange Tempo. When he dominates the opponents for couple of games suddenly for some reason he slackens.

Matt01
06-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Played like crap but still fought well. Nole :awww:

Lucky Faker, Seppi :sad:

Why are you calling Seppi a faker :sad:

Mr. Oracle
06-03-2012, 06:55 PM
What the hell? I slept in and missed this match. Seems that Seppi has a lot of peppi! Holy cow champ did you go to a pizza party last night?

Hypnotize
06-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Entertaining match for all the wrong reasons. Lots of drama and tension but Novak was terrible for most of the match. Seppi, to his credit played the match of his life but Novak raised his game when he needed to. True champions find ways to win matches even when they are playing badly which was certainly the case today. He'll need to improve in the next round though.

Mr. Oracle
06-03-2012, 07:04 PM
novak yer supposed to peak towards the other end of the tournament--you are going the wrong way ---STOP !

Mr. Oracle
06-03-2012, 07:06 PM
When it's easy win, people whine the competition is s**t and the era is weak/predictable... when there's a 5-setter than it's bad omen and what not. Please :)

guilty as charged. i man up.

MTwEeZi
06-03-2012, 07:06 PM
:haha: :drink:

Vinceremo
06-03-2012, 07:07 PM
What a match. I really ended up with mixed emotions, of course I'm very proud of Andreas for pushing Novak to the limit and showing an incredible effort, but, like some were pointing out, I'm not 100% sure if he actually believed he could pull off the amazing feat of causing the upset. I think that's something Andreas is still dealing with, after the first two sets I kept telling myself 'if Djokovic wins the third, the dream is over' but, well, in the end it was a 'better than expected performance' and, for sure, very proud of Seppi and happy he's playing his best tennis now accompanied by a career-high ranking.

rob_z
06-03-2012, 07:11 PM
A disastrous performance from Nole. I haven't seen him play as bad as in the first two sets over the last two years. He clearly had a bad day.
And the conditions were also poor with the wind. Too many unforced errors and he isn't moving well on this court. His moving remembered me on his match against Federer last year.
He must somehow manage to play and move much better otherwise it is over soon. With this tennis he is chanceless against Nadal.
But it is still impressive that he fought himself back after that terrible two sets.

Sri
06-03-2012, 07:26 PM
It was windy. Nole sucks in the wind, proof: vs. Rafa @ Monte Carlo this year.

Sofonda Cox
06-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Problem for Nole was damp and cool condition made the clay very slippery so he didn't move. It was exactly like last year match when he lost here.

Excuses coming for Fakers impending defeat to Federer starting already.

howyesno
06-03-2012, 07:36 PM
djokovic just couldn't in any kind of rhythm when he tried to be aggressive, so after 0:2 he switched to full pusher mode. it did work today, but it won't work against nadal, federer, or even berdych. time is running short for his game to start clicking and it may be already late for run at RG title.

Mr. Oracle
06-03-2012, 07:37 PM

haha, corey feldman started it by saying how "tired" Fed looks...you all fear The King (and you should).

no more slippery, dark conditions this year to fix the match.

Lopez
06-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Phew! My friend told me about this when I was on my way home, got to see the third and fourth sets. Nole really wasn't playing that well while Seppi was dictating rallies, hitting his groundstrokes really well. Just couldn't hold it together in the end. Nole had to dig deep here

and tied Pete and Nadal for most wins at a GS even in a row :worship:

Not to go offtopic here but:

Federer:

won: Wimbledon 2005, USO 2005, AO 2006; RG finalist 2006
won: Wimbledon 2006, USO 2006, AO 2007; RG finalist 2007

Isn't that more wins :scratch:?

Hypnotize
06-03-2012, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't get too cocky. Federer was almost as bad as Novak today. ;)

cinny
06-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Not to go offtopic here but:

Federer:

won: Wimbledon 2005, USO 2005, AO 2006; RG finalist 2006
won: Wimbledon 2006, USO 2006, AO 2007; RG finalist 2007

Isn't that more wins :scratch:?

Fireballer didn't say 'tied Federer', just Pete and Nadal.

david_is_not_fat
06-03-2012, 07:44 PM
One word:

SEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

How could you :lol: :'(

chenx15
06-03-2012, 07:46 PM
i am wondering how many here in this forum are real tennis players or actually play competitive sports. there are some days when your feet just can't move even if you had a days rest. this is what champions do, they tough it up when the going gets tough. the old djokovice would have retired after those two sets. but djokovic is a champion now. and champions find ways when things are not going their way

arm
06-03-2012, 07:49 PM

:rolls:
I am scared. What are we going to have to sacrifice next? With him playing this bad, Tiriac alone won't do. :(

Lopez
06-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Fireballer didn't say 'tied Federer', just Pete and Nadal.

Yeah but he did say "most". Maybe he meant "tied the biggest winning streaks of Pete and Nadal", not most overall.

Caught my eye, being the Fedtard I am :p

tangerine_dream
06-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Epic comeback. :worship: This match was Novak's wake-up call. He'll buckle down and play better in the next round. Buyer beware. :smoke:

Lopez
06-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Where's l_mac :sad:? She was active in the livescore thread :D

Ticker
06-03-2012, 09:16 PM
This was tactically done,to make Tsonga/Wawrinka played another day.

guga2120
06-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Amazing fight by Novak. He was outplayed and again pulled it out somehow. I think he will raise his game though big time against Jo/Stan and win in 3.

Mr. Oracle
06-03-2012, 09:30 PM
i am wondering how many here in this forum are real tennis players or actually play competitive sports. there are some days when your feet just can't move even if you had a days rest. this is what champions do, they tough it up when the going gets tough. the old djokovice would have retired after those two sets. but djokovic is a champion now. and champions find ways when things are not going their way

You're post is too reasonable and has too much reality in it to qualify for the parallel dimension of MTF.

NID
06-03-2012, 09:31 PM
bad conditions, seppi was really good in the first two sets and then just average. djokovic below average throughout. the worst gs match djoko played since losing to safin in w 2008.

don't know what to expect. he played a shit wimbledon until sf last year, so you never know. so far, looks like nadal will handle whoever staggers into the finals with relative ease.

Mateya
06-03-2012, 10:32 PM
http://www4.slikomat.com/11/0603/84x-tired1.jpg (http://www.Slikomat.com/slika/5332334.htm)

WHAT A MATCH! :worship: to both of them.

I wasted right now. I'll write more tommorrow, good night. :wavey:

Looner
06-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Seppi was distinctly average from when I started watching at 5-3 in the 2nd. Novak was making quite a few errors but Seppi was too afraid to go for it. It was a matter of time for Novak to win when he was aggressive whilst Seppi was too afraid of losing his lead...

Beat
06-03-2012, 10:35 PM

There you go.

:lol: picking to pieces the stupidity of MTF.

heya
06-03-2012, 10:38 PM
genius marches to his own strange beat.
he wouldn't be himself if he talks and acts according to everyone's rules.

oaf and serb boss novak

Nole fan
06-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Certainly not a great match from Djokovic, but it doesn´t really say anything about his true form. These kind of matches happen, sometimes you need to work hard and pull through even when you´re not playing well. Who knows, this match might even make him stronger than he was.

Exactly. In Wimbledon last year he had some close calls and he ended up winning it with two strong performances when it mattered. This is no indicator of anything really. Like Isner dragging Nadal to 5 sets didn't mean a damn thing in the end. :shrug:

Nole fan
06-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Some words from Vajda, great wisdom. :lol:

"He cannot play worse. He can only improve. He can do it."
http://multimedia.quotidiano.net/ubitennis.shtml?tipo=media&media=26289

Gagsquet
06-03-2012, 11:07 PM

There you go.

:eek: Piece of genius. Sometimes the internet delivers.

reery
06-04-2012, 12:12 AM

Next week is going to be damp and cool, wet and rain, which will make the clay very slippery. :shrug:

Jimnik
06-04-2012, 12:17 AM
So proud of you Sandy. The only thing that's made this tournament worth watching. Great effort just not enough gas in the tank.

Lee
06-04-2012, 12:51 AM

Q. Do you feel that the court was too slow because of the weather condition? Because yesterday there was rain. And because of the wind, do you feel the conditions were difficult for playing today?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It’s the same for both players, so I can’t really find an excuse and say, Okay, it was windy or sunny or cold or raining. So it was really same for both of us.
We have to adjust. Conditions are something that you have to get used to. They are changing. Obviously it was different than when I played my last match.
But, look, you know, that’s sport, you know. That’s something that you have to accept.

heya
06-04-2012, 01:02 AM
he had a personal meltdown in monte carlo, madrid & rome but he is a sweet boy. unlike the spoiled swiss crybaby

Topspindoctor
06-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Lol. Losing 2 sets to Seppi.

Alex999
06-04-2012, 01:03 AM
AJ is right, never in doubt. I had to wake up so early to watch this mess. Kudos to Seppi, who really gave it all, but it was not good enough. I just knew that Nole would win the match at the end. somehow, Djokovic, Rafa and Fed, win this type of matches even when they play at like 15% ... even as a Nole fan, I feel so bad for Seppi ... same old story... you have 3 monsters (plus Murray) and the rest of the field is just a joke ...no matter how hard they try they (almost) always fail ... sure you'll have top 3 monsters, losing some odd matches at masters or lower ranked tournaments, but at slams they always show up ... it's just crazy

Mr. Oracle
06-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Exactly. In Wimbledon last year he had some close calls and he ended up winning it with two strong performances when it mattered. This is no indicator of anything really. Like Isner dragging Nadal to 5 sets didn't mean a damn thing in the end. :shrug:

Thanks for putting things in perspective as always Nole Fan!:p

MIMIC
06-04-2012, 01:09 AM
Q. Do you feel that the court was too slow because of the weather condition? Because yesterday there was rain. And because of the wind, do you feel the conditions were difficult for playing today?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It’s the same for both players, so I can’t really find an excuse and say, Okay, it was windy or sunny or cold or raining. So it was really same for both of us.
We have to adjust. Conditions are something that you have to get used to. They are changing. Obviously it was different than when I played my last match.
But, look, you know, that’s sport, you know. That’s something that you have to accept.

Novak and not making excuses :rocker2:

hipolymer
06-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Saying that you played badly because of the conditions shouldn't be considered making excuses.

abraxas21
06-04-2012, 02:15 AM

There you go.

:worship:

heya
06-04-2012, 03:04 AM
novak hates to serve stronger. he knew he would win in 4-8 hours. this means continuous laziness.

xargon
06-04-2012, 04:58 AM

This...

You forgot Paris in your master's list.

duchuy89
06-04-2012, 06:50 AM
Djokovic. Fighting.

JustDoIt
06-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Got the job done :yeah:

Geo
06-04-2012, 09:38 AM
NID :lol: Djokovic could have been down 0-5 in that third set-no way was he going to lose to Seppi :lol:

sicko
06-04-2012, 09:45 AM
nice one from atpsite: Djokovic has defeated Italian opposition 23 straight times, with his lone loss coming to Filippo Volandri in Umag eight years ago

nole likes pizza (glutefree) :devil:

Nole fan
06-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks for putting things in perspective as always Nole Fan!:p

Happy to oblige. ;)

Mateya
06-04-2012, 06:43 PM
So proud of Andreas :sobbing: :hug:
When he took 2-0 lead I almost got unconscious.

All the hard work has payed off...
http://www4.slikomat.com/11/0604/hj-seppi-.jpg (http://www.Slikomat.com/slika/5333332.htm)

But it's amazing what kind of superiority have Djokovic, Federer and Kneedal developed. I mean, even when 0-2 down, you just knew Djoker has a chance to win this match and is faaaar from over. It's just amazing, you can beat these players at normal events, but at grand slams it's almost impossible. :worship:
Djoker needs to improve or else he will get hammered by sooner or later.

rutinos harcos
06-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Lol. Losing 2 sets to Seppi.
Careful,you migtht stop laughing pretty soon.

fran70
06-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Amazing performance by Seppi. Just a pity that he didn't put more pressure over Djokovic on that 4th set but to be honest Djokovic was another player after winning the 3rd set. Amazing clay court European season for the Italian :worship: