The state of the top 8 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The state of the top 8

Haste
06-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Just curious to see the views of others on the current top 8 and if you would be satisfied if they were the ones who qualified for London and ended the year in the top 8 places in the ATP rankings. Regardless of any of the players placing in the top 8 rankings i'm interested in who should be there and who shouldn't to make this a strong, in form group of players.

Currently: Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Murray, Tsonga, Ferrer, Berdych and Tipsarevic.

Do you see this 8 still there come the World Tour Finals and end of the year or do you see Del Potro for instance taking a spot possibly at the expense of Tipsarevic?

Discuss.

james82
06-03-2012, 01:08 AM
thats not the top 8 at all for tour race,del potro and almagro are ahead of tsonga and tips atm
in saying that berdych will probley finish the year in the top 4 with del potro in 6th
8th place i hope one of tomic or raonic can get themselfs around there

Looner
06-03-2012, 01:14 AM
thats not the top 8 at all for tour race,del potro and almagro are ahead of tsonga and tips atm
in saying that berdych will probley finish the year in the top 4 with del potro in 6th
8th place i hope one of tomic or raonic can get themselfs around there

:facepalm:.

finishingmove
06-03-2012, 01:24 AM
replace tipsarevic with del potro and i think they're the best 8 players overall.

james82
06-03-2012, 01:27 AM
:facepalm:.

yeh hes not great on clay,but grass season is coming up and thats where hes at his most dangerous

romismak
06-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Both Soderling and Delpo there, instead of Tipsy and Ferrer - FErrer is great player, deserve to be in top 8, but Delpo - Soderling are over him, because they were able to be No.4 in this era and have big title - Delpo slam, Robin - Paris-Bercy, than Berdych and Tsonga vs Ferrer- this issue was here many times, David is more consistent, but for strongest possible top 8 i would give TSonga, Berdych over Ferrer

About Tipsy - he is actually solid top 10 player, beating guys he is supposed to beat, really consistent, better top 10 than guys like Almagro, Melzer, Simon were. But of course Tipsy is not there with TSonga-Berdych- and Soderling-Delpo are even higher how i mentioned.

My dream Top 8 would be: Nole, Rafa, Roger, Andy- than Delpo, Soderling, Berdych, TSonga- Tsonga with less points than Berdych, because he can´t add so many points on clay than Tomas so if we assume all season long ranking Berdych should have more points, because he is top material on every surface.

Looner
06-03-2012, 01:47 AM
yeh hes not great on clay,but grass season is coming up and thats where hes at his most dangerous

Yes and he has to defend QF pts at Wimbledon which a huge chunk of his ranking points. I am sorry to burst your bubble but he's not reaching QF this year unless he gets another mug draw. I dislike him intensely but that would not stop me from acknowledging he stands a chance at SW19. He just doesn't.

Certinfy
06-03-2012, 01:48 AM
Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Murray, Tsonga, Berdych, Del Potro, Soderling.

That would probably be the strongest top 8 in history to be fair.

Mark Lenders
06-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Ferrer and Tipsy out.

Del Potro and Soderling (although that's impossible now) or Raonic in.

This would make the top 8 great. Tipsy is alright actually - I don't like him much, but he's a very talented shotmaker who can play great tennis. Ferrer out, Del Potro in would be enough to make it an excellent top 8.

abraxas21
06-03-2012, 01:53 AM

:spit:

more like the strongest circus' roster of all time

mooncreek
06-03-2012, 03:20 AM
I have to give some credit to Tipsarevic. So far he's actually been playing like he belongs in the Top 10. More so than Fish or Almagro ever did.

I'd still say it feels wrong for del Potro to not be in the group. If you look at the Race standings, Tsonga actually has the fewest points in 2012 among the current Top 8 but it seems Tipsy would be the odd man out.

viruzzz
06-03-2012, 03:35 AM
Need Delpo.
I'm not a big fan of him, but he's one of the few players who won a slam in the actual active players.

That's enough to be there.... sadly.

bouncer7
06-03-2012, 03:51 AM

check august '09 or '10

i think only berdych(of all your players) wasn't in top8 :devil:

bouncer7
06-03-2012, 03:54 AM
Need Delpo.
I'm not a big fan of him, but he's one of the few players who won a slam in the actual active players.

That's enough to be there.... sadly.

delpo had trillion chances last three months to push tipsy out but he always was one win near to goal and always choked :worship:

dodo
06-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Ferrer and Tipsy out.

Del Potro and Soderling (although that's impossible now) or Raonic in.

This would make the top 8 great. Tipsy is alright actually - I don't like him much, but he's a very talented shotmaker who can play great tennis. Ferrer out, Del Potro in would be enough to make it an excellent top 8.
This is how it is.

heya
06-03-2012, 06:41 AM
since the year 2005, there were 20+ wins for djoker, berdych and tsonga against federer and nadal.

since the year 2005, there were 6 wins for hewitt, rodduck and nalbandian against federer.

Pirata.
06-03-2012, 08:37 AM
How many wins for Hewitt, Roddick and Nalbandian against Federer from 2000 to 2005?

Chirag
06-03-2012, 09:00 AM
How many wins for Hewitt, Roddick and Nalbandian against Federer from 2000 to 2005?

6 for Hewitt ,1 for Roddick and 5 for Nalbandian ;)