RG R3: [13] J. Monaco def. [19] Raonic 6-7(5) 6-3 6-7(5) 6-3 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RG R3: [13] J. Monaco def. [19] Raonic 6-7(5) 6-3 6-7(5) 6-3 6-4

samanosuke
06-02-2012, 06:35 PM
NID

instead of a tricky opponent nadal gets ass licking fanboy for 999999999999th time. and you Milos instead of your classical " I will learn more from this defeat than I would learn if I won " better learn how to put first fucking serve in and stop disgracing yourself with backhand home runs

bending rats like monaco shouldn't be allowed to step the tennis court though

acionescu
06-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Good for the knees :D

EDIT: and for the game, of course

m9m9m9m9m9
it's not like Milos will give Rafa a tough time.
Anyway, I am surprised Milos is able to get 2 set from a very good clay court player with such a subpar performance
Also, inexcusable BP conversion given how much look he had in Monaco's service games

Johnbert
gsm nadal

Ashlar77
That was painful to watch. :help: Nadal will have a field day with Pico.

misty1
06-02-2012, 06:39 PM
what an awful match this was. Neither one of them showed that they would have been a threat to nadal here

milos 0/8 on break points and monaco 3/16

KoOlMaNsEaN
06-02-2012, 06:39 PM
That was such a frustrating match to watch for over 4 hours.

Props to Monaco- he exposed Milos' every weakness (lack of a return game,passive approach in rallies,movement,backhand).

Milos needs to reflect on this match because right now his two big shots are great, but he needs to bridge the gap with the rest of his game.

Singularity
06-02-2012, 06:40 PM
If Roanic is pushed to five by Monaco, what hope does he have against Nadal? His backhand is too big a liability.

156mphserve
Chair Umpire is a mug

That's all I have to say about this one. Onto the Grass season Milos :rocker2:

Certinfy
Fucking awful result for the game! Simply fucking awful!Goffin ranking: 109
Monaco ranking: 15

:zzz:
Goffin will win more games against Federer than Monaco against Nadal.

FleetSeb
06-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Better for Pico to win than the serve bot.

LocoPorElTenis
06-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Monaco is higher ranked, more successful and just plain better than Milos on clay.

Sure, Nadal will beat him, and sure, Milos would win a few more games against Nadal because of his serve, but it's laughable to think that Milos is any sort of threat to Nadal on clay... he couldn't break Pico in 5 sets!

Besides, Pico is way underrated and has improved substantially in the mental department.

FleetSeb
06-02-2012, 06:42 PM

Says more about the respective quality of Nadal and Federer on clay at the moment than anything about their opponents.

Monaco isn't an easy 4th rounder. He's not the hardest either, sure. But the only reason it's a cakewalk for Rafa is because Rafa is so good.

Ravel
did much better than I thought score-wise, but certain points aside, Milos was unimpressive.

good for him to play to his seeding however.

EliSter
Lol like Raonic had chance against nadull :o

Iván
i agree about goffin by the way

extremely ecxiting prospect

where was the barcelona form milos

Lopez
06-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Don't think that either would have much of a chance vs. Nadal but at least the Raonic match would've been different. Don't expect Monaco to do a whole lot better than Schwank today.

NadalesDios
Goffin ranking: 109
Monaco ranking: 15

:zzz:

WOW, Federer's draw is the easiest ever :eek::eek::eek:

dencod16
does anyone think that if Pico cant hurt Nadal, Milos can. You guys are taking so much out of Federer-Roanic match. Difference between Nadal and Federer is that Nadal has a better return game than Federer, and considering Raonic has a bad return, Nadal wouldnt be hurt by Raonic.

LocoPorElTenis
06-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Pico would be knocking on the top 10 if he hadn't got injured at the beginning of the clay season. Just saying.

tennishero
06-02-2012, 06:46 PM
this result

http://eu7.memecdn.com/hassel-gasm_o_206988.gif

bye servebot, dont hit your head boarding the plane :bigwave:

allpro
06-02-2012, 06:47 PM
0-8 on bp’s for rao :o .....his achilles heel remains the bh ros in the break court.

jmac: “another lesson learned for raonic, we hope.”

+1

AnotherGameFor
06-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Milos can play much better than this. 54% 1st serve % is terrible for him, and his backhand, while not a great shot, is better than the shit it showed today. He also needed to try different tactics on the return, Monaco was killing him with the kick serve out wide in the ad court over and over and over again.

Allez
06-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Where the hell do people get this impression that Rafa would be troubled by Milos ? The fact of the matter is that neither Monaco nor Raonic stands a chance against Rafa on clay :lol: Stupid haters trying to throw anything at nadal hoping something will stick before the final :facepalm: It's going to be hilarious reading all the ridiculous posts from bitter haters when Rafa pummels their favourites in the final :haha:

SERBINATOR
06-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Next up for Monaco "King of atp250 draws"

samanosuke
06-02-2012, 06:50 PM
the day nadal gets tougher from two opponents he'll know it's better to quit with this shit and go fishing. i bet it's easier to beat nadal than see his possible threat in draw surviving till the match against him

i didn't expect raonic would beat nadal but i am sure he would give him a fight. monaco was awful match up for raonic, good returner and the most important he is capable to return aggressively even the first serves, on the other side against nadal milos would get more free point and even more important nadal's returns are short and no pace so it would allow milos to get forehand on the first ball, but you can't do anything against pig's luck

dencod16
Pico would be knocking on the top 10 if he hadn't got injured at the beginning of the clay season. Just saying.

Agree he would have been in the roster of Isner, Simon, Fish, del Potro swapping in and out of the top 10. He was winning that Haase match quite easily in the end.

Looner
Where the hell do people get this impression that Rafa would be troubled by Milos ? The fact of the matter is that neither Monaco nor Raonic stands a chance against Rafa on clay :lol: Stupid haters trying to throw anything at nadal hoping something will stick before the final :facepalm: It's going to be hilarious reading all the ridiculous posts from bitter haters when Rafa pummels their favourites in the final :haha:

From watching tennis and not mugging posts on a message board.

ServeVolley
06-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Fucking awful result for the game! Simply fucking awful!

That's because Federer only cares about winning the match, not demolishing his opponent. :)

Certinfy
06-02-2012, 06:56 PM
That's because Federer only cares about winning the match, not demolishing his opponents. :)
No that's because Federer can't demolish Goatfin. :rocker2:

MaratandMilos
06-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Milos' level was quite poor today and far down compared to what it could have been (see Barcelona/Madrid), but he almost managed to win despite that. Still disappointing, though, because the match was really on his racket and he didn't step up and take it. Would have been nice to have him face Nadal, as I'm sure Monaco will roll over for Nadal as he's done many times before.

Overall, good clay season for Milos. He's done much better than many expected him to on the surface. Now on to grass where he can hopefully do some real damage.

Snowwy
06-02-2012, 07:02 PM
In every season where Milos played an ATP level match on clay (not counting Davis Cup), he has had a positive record. That is more than can be said for most players on the ATP tour, including Monaco, check out his 2006 season when he was the same age Milos is now.

henke007
06-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Laughable stuff Milos

Singularity
06-02-2012, 07:05 PM
From watching tennis and not mugging posts on a message board.
Well, Nadal has a pretty good record against big servers. Hasn't lost to Isner, Karlovic or Querrey and has a 7 - 3 H2H with Roddick.

asmazif
06-02-2012, 07:09 PM
No that's because Federer can't demolish Goatfin. :rocker2:

Goatfin sounds like some epic new breed of fish.

SheepleBuster
06-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Tricky? Milos is a joke

tommyg6
06-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Unreal, the undeserving player won. Monaco is a generic player and Milos should've won. Tennis loses here when chumps like Monaco win and it is such a waste too, he's going go down to Nadal like 6-0, 6-2, 6-1, something like that. Whereas with Milos, at least it would've been a compelling match. Such a waste!

JediFed
06-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Tough draw for Rafito, no?

MaratandMilos
06-02-2012, 07:20 PM
does anyone think that if Pico cant hurt Nadal, Milos can. You guys are taking so much out of Federer-Roanic match. Difference between Nadal and Federer is that Nadal has a better return game than Federer, and considering Raonic has a bad return, Nadal wouldnt be hurt by Raonic.
Go and watch the Milos/Ferrer match in Barcelona and tell me he couldn't have made at least a half-competitive match out of it (which is more than you can say Monaco will do).

Kat_YYZ
06-02-2012, 07:22 PM
In every season where Milos played an ATP level match on clay (not counting Davis Cup), he has had a positive record. That is more than can be said for most players on the ATP tour, including Monaco, check out his 2006 season when he was the same age Milos is now.

excuse me... talking sense and backing it up with facts is forbidden http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/12962/big-no-no.gif

MaratandMilos
And Raonic would be top 10 already if he didn't miss half of last season with an injury.

Action Jackson
Monaco the serving beast, did he steal someone's serve for this match. As for being undeserved winner, well you got to take your chances in this sport, nothing will change this and Monaco did this, whereas Raonic didn't.

As for the next round that doesn't really matter either way.

Time Violation
06-02-2012, 07:23 PM
That's because Federer only cares about winning the match, not demolishing his opponent. :)

:haha:

As for being undeserved winner, well you got to take your chances in this sport, nothing will change this and Monaco did it

+1000

Matt01
06-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Unreal, the undeserving player won. Monaco is a generic player and Milos should've won.

:rolleyes: If anything, it's all service-mug Raonic who is a generic player. He only relies on his serve and couldn't even break Monaco once in 5 sets. :lol: Monaco's game is great, especially on clay.

AnotherGameFor
06-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Also pretty impressive that Monaco had 0 DF's for the entire match.

Clay Death
06-02-2012, 07:34 PM
this was never really in doubt.

did people forget how many clay titles monaco has?

monaco is as superior to milos on clay as the living are to the dead.

it really should have been a straight set win.

ServeVolley
06-02-2012, 07:38 PM

Well, I'm talking generally. Of course there are times when he cares about demolishing his opponents... See for example:

XwyLOomH8A8

misty1
06-02-2012, 07:39 PM
And Raonic would be top 10 already if he didn't miss half of last season with an injury.

you really dont know that

misty1
06-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Unreal, the undeserving player won. Monaco is a generic player and Milos should've won. Tennis loses here when chumps like Monaco win and it is such a waste too, he's going go down to Nadal like 6-0, 6-2, 6-1, something like that. Whereas with Milos, at least it would've been a compelling match. Such a waste!

milos did not take his chances and monaco did therefor the deserving player won

l_mac
06-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Nadal escapes again. :rolleyes:

Yes. A player who can't cope with Monaco from the back of the court was sure to give Rafa a run for his money :yeah:

DrJules
06-02-2012, 07:43 PM
For somebody, who would certainly consider clay his weakest surface, Raonic has had a very good clay season.

Certainly expect him to rank higher than Monaco at some time in next year.

aussie_fan
06-02-2012, 07:43 PM
I also wanted Raonic to win because he has a better shot at beating Nadal but really he would have a 1.27% chance compared to the 0.34% chance Monaco has.

r3d_d3v1l_
06-02-2012, 07:44 PM
How about now? Will you give Raonic some credit or what?

DrJules
06-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Yes. A player who can't cope with Monaco from the back of the court was sure to give Rafa a run for his money :yeah:

True. Neither is winning a set against Nadal.

SheepleBuster
06-02-2012, 07:50 PM
10 years from now, we are still going to see Milos go out of these tournaments early and he will be still "learning." lol. What can you expect? He is an overrated tall guy who probably should pursue basketball

*Jean*
06-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Yay, well done Juani!
So glad to see Raonic out.

Time Violation
06-02-2012, 07:56 PM
10 years from now, we are still going to see Milos go out of these tournaments early and he will be still "learning." lol. What can you expect? He is an overrated tall guy who probably should pursue basketball

Yea, like he would be top 30 player in NBA :lol:

Well, I'm talking generally. Of course there are times when he cares about demolishing his opponents... See for example:

Orange Wombat
06-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Good match. Juan Monaco is a very tough player :hatoff:

misty1
06-02-2012, 07:58 PM
i'll be interested to see what milos says about this match.He had his chances but took none of them and was so stubborn in playing a certain way.

SheepleBuster
06-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Yea, like he would be top 30 player in NBA :lol:

he seems more talented than Yao. lol. I don't know. Maybe he can join Ancic in Raoancic legal firm? :devil:

tommyg6
06-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Now that Monaco won, let's watch him bend over to Nadal and get crushed 6-0, 6-2, 6-2. Just like his Davis Cup loss. the same thing is going to happen. its a formality, an afterthought. The guy is a walking bye for Nadal.

RNW
06-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Ok match.

Raonic has a lot of talent but he has to improve a lot!

Monaco was ok, will give Nadal a competitive 1st set.
Hopefully he win this 1st set.
Than he has a chance to make it competitive all over.

Ravel
06-02-2012, 08:03 PM

lol, because at 21, he's at the peak of his career right now and obviously can't improve :lol::lol::lol:

Looner
06-02-2012, 08:04 PM
I fully expect Raonic in Roger's part of the draw at Wimbledon and I'll you what - he won't lose before they meet :rolleyes:

Ravel
06-02-2012, 08:05 PM
and I love how Sheeple is saying Raonic went out early in this tournament when Raonic played to his seeding :lol:

Clearly Sheeple thinks he's top 16 material :wavey::angel::wavey::angel::wavey:

SheepleBuster
06-02-2012, 08:06 PM
lol, because at 21, he's at the peak of his career right now and obviously can't improve :lol::lol::lol:

It really amazes me on MTF. Every single time I criticize anyone, the first people to try to defend are people from the same country. When is this nationalism bullshit is going to stop. The fact is Raonic is not improving as fast as I had hoped but he CAN improve. He should have beat Roger as least once though.

Stop being such a smartass just because you are Canadian and Milos is Canadian

Ravel
06-02-2012, 08:07 PM
its called logic, not nationalism :D I would make the same statement if you said that about some other player. I call bs when I see it ;)

SheepleBuster
06-02-2012, 08:09 PM
its called logic, not nationalism :D I would make the same statement if you said that about some other player. I call bs when I see it ;)

Please. The only reason you are butt hurt is because I criticized your precious Canadian star. Whatever dude. I know your type. Raonic lost. He choked against Roger. He has lost a few other matches he should have won. I guarantee he won't win a slam unlike what Simon Reed says

MaratandMilos
06-02-2012, 08:10 PM
this was never really in doubt.

did people forget how many clay titles monaco has?

monaco is as superior to milos on clay as the living are to the dead.

it really should have been a straight set win.
Milos played poorly and still took two sets off him. Think you might be overrating Monaco a bit (or underrating Raonic, not sure which).

Mercury
06-02-2012, 08:11 PM
After watching this game I've been thinking, if Isner and Raonic ever get to a 5th set with no TB, that match would never end. They'll still be serving in 2080.

Clay Death
06-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Milos played poorly and still took two sets off him. Think you might be overrating Monaco a bit (or underrating Raonic, not sure which).

milos is a tough customer on quicker courts. he doesnt have the movement to challenge some of the better clay court players on clay.

MaratandMilos
06-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Please. The only reason you are butt hurt is because I criticized your precious Canadian star. Whatever dude. I know your type. Raonic lost. He choked against Roger. He has lost a few other matches he should have won. I guarantee he won't win a slam unlike what Simon Reed says
Bullshit, you could say he choked against Hewitt, but he never choked against Roger. Roger rose up and took that match from him.

Matt01
06-02-2012, 08:19 PM
I fully expect Raonic in Roger's part of the draw at Wimbledon and I'll you what - he won't lose before they meet :rolleyes:

Fed's Wimbledon draw won't be as "tough" as RG this year, that's for sure. :lol:

MaratandMilos
06-02-2012, 08:20 PM
milos is a tough customer on quicker courts. he doesnt have the movement to challenge some of the better clay court players on clay.
How do you explain his matches against Almagro and Ferrer in Barcelona, then?

SheepleBuster
06-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Bullshit, you could say he choked against Hewitt, but he never choked against Roger. Roger rose up and took that match from him.

Well, then you have lower expectations for Milos than I have and I am not even a fan. lol.

MaratandMilos
06-02-2012, 08:22 PM
you really dont know that
It's a pretty safe assumption to make considering his capabilities on hard courts and the pace that he's on this season.

Snowwy
06-02-2012, 08:24 PM
How do you explain his matches against Almagro and Ferrer in Barcelona, then?

Those matches don't count. They didn't happen in the last 4 days so no one remembers them or can remember them. Really you just broke a forum rule by talking about something that happened longer than 4 days ago. WTF?!?!?

MaratandMilos
06-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Well, then you have lower expectations for Milos than I have and I am not even a fan. lol.
No, you're more of a troll, as exhibited by your initial comment in this thread.

Milos is making good progress as a player right now and doing far more than anybody expected him to on clay. Not quite understanding the hate.

samanosuke
06-02-2012, 08:34 PM
no need for Milos fans to be worry. He is the real deal, just some things which i have explained in opening post he couldn't have controlled it, the same thing happened in Rome. He had decent clay court season and for his game and physical construction you would expect to be a clay mug but he is far from that. He could do some damage on grass too but I am expecting to see him making major breakthrough at summer HC season, has good chance to break into top 10 till end of the season though, just he needs to stay healthy at first place

SheepleBuster
06-02-2012, 08:35 PM
No, you're more of a troll, as exhibited by your initial comment in this thread.

Milos is making good progress as a player right now and doing far more than anybody expected him to on clay. Not quite understanding the hate.

haha. Yes right. My comments only showed your hypocrisy and your canadian friends' blindly cheering Raonic, even though he is simply not taking the next step. But tell you what. We will wait that 10 years. And we will see what he accomplishes. I say he accomplishes zilch. End of story. I am done with this bullshit anyway. I don't have time arguing with Canadians defending Canadians.

fede37
06-02-2012, 08:50 PM
:woohoo::woohoo:
I LOVE YOU PICO !!!!! :sobbing::sobbing:

Smoke944
06-02-2012, 08:50 PM
no need for Milos fans to be worry. He is the real deal, just some things which i have explained in opening post he couldn't have controlled it, the same thing happened in Rome. He had decent clay court season and for his game and physical construction you would expect to be a clay mug but he is far from that. He could do some damage on grass too but I am expecting to see him making major breakthrough at summer HC season, has good chance to break into top 10 till end of the season though, just he needs to stay healthy at first place

Yeah. Just not Raonic's day at all. Lost track of his tactics at the end, too. But it's not a big deal. And as you said, grass might not be that great but he will have a huge HC season.

david_is_not_fat
06-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Why :hysteric:

Raonic took my spectations and broke them in pieces

Super Djoker
06-02-2012, 09:13 PM
The better all around player won ! Easier match up for Nadal thought ! Monaco will get thrashed by Nadal !

MIMIC
06-02-2012, 09:24 PM
It definitely would have been more exciting had Raonic came through.

Monaco is a bye for Djokovic, Federer and Nadal alike (each having bageled or given him a breadstick). The only person he stands a chance against is Murray.

MaratandMilos
06-02-2012, 09:33 PM
haha. Yes right. My comments only showed your hypocrisy and your canadian friends' blindly cheering Raonic, even though he is simply not taking the next step. But tell you what. We will wait that 10 years. And we will see what he accomplishes. I say he accomplishes zilch. End of story. I am done with this bullshit anyway. I don't have time arguing with Canadians defending Canadians.
So to sum it up, you're writing off a kid with that kind of talent and those kind of weapons for no reason at all. Good luck with that.

Nr 1 Fan
06-02-2012, 09:57 PM
quite a bad match from Raonic from what I saw, but clay is just not his surface (poor movement etc). Not being able to break Monaco once over 5 sets is pretty bad, he should really work hard on his return game.

Ps: Boy, SheepleBuster really hates Candians doesn't he?

tennishero
06-02-2012, 10:18 PM
monaco doesnt consider clay as his favourite surface anymore, although hes had his best results there.

i cant remember the interview but he enjoys hard courts

duong
06-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Huge fight :clap2:

Raonic lacked the explosivity of his shots and the movement he had in Barcelona, it was mostly a baseline fight despite the score.

Funny that in this match Raonic stayed very calm even when a few unlucky calls, while Monaco was sometimes very nervous :lol:

Not what I would have thought usually considering some matches in the past from Raonic :lol:

Now time for him to move to more suitable surfaces.

PS : about Raonic's abilities on clay and Nadal/Raonic, it's like everything a player's form is not always the same, I remember people saying that Monaco was shit because Fed crushed him in the US Open, I also remember the same words about Del Potro after Fed crushed him in the Aus Open 2009 ... several months later he nearly defeated him in Roland-Garros then beat him in the US Open final :shrug:

TigerTim
06-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Well done Juan :)

CooCooCachoo
06-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Thank God.

MrChopin
06-02-2012, 11:18 PM
RG food menus now have a new dish:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eOBTgTn007E/SKNHdONmJRI/AAAAAAAAA4A/TtjUmygmXuI/s400/picodegalloDSC6177.jpg

Corey Feldman
06-02-2012, 11:30 PM
88 errors from that clown hype machine

Nadal to win from here now needs to beat Monaco, Almagro, Ferrer and Fed

props to him if he pulls it off

misty1
06-02-2012, 11:59 PM
It's a pretty safe assumption to make considering his capabilities on hard courts and the pace that he's on this season.

yeah but you dont know what would have happened in the course of those months he missed. He could have played great, took a couple titles and beat one of the big 4

or he could have hit a patch of bad form and hardly won at all

Orka_n
06-03-2012, 12:05 AM
The easiest opponent for Rafa goes through. - CHECK
He had to play a 5-setter to win though so he'll even be tired. - CHECK

Disgraceful. And expected.

cocrcici
06-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Next year RG Raonic-Monaco 63 63 61 :drool:

Slade
06-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Shit :facepalm:

Nadal def. Monaco 6-4 6-2 6-0

Topspindoctor
06-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Hope Mugnaco is nice and exhausted after this match, don't want him tiring out Nadal before the second week. :D:D

Voo de Mar
06-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Monaco has found the passion for the game to play againtst all odds, doesn't matter against Rafa though.

KarlyM
06-03-2012, 12:47 AM
PICOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :rocker2:

Topspindoctor
06-03-2012, 12:48 AM

:baby:

gulzhan
06-03-2012, 01:25 AM

Why Raonic is a clown? He lost in close 5 sets to a very good player. Why everything should be about Nadal, just explain it here and now! Or I'd rather say every match should be about Federer because Nadal is interesting to you only because he finished era of Federer's dominance. If he didn't stand between Federer and whatever number of records would be sufficient for your sick Fedtardism, I doubt you'd ever paid any attention to him, his style of play and his potential opponents.

Monaco won a very important match, he is through into 1/8th of RG :cheerleader: I am so happy for Pico! And think he fully deserves this win.

Cudos to Milos for good game and great fight.

dencod16
06-03-2012, 01:39 AM
It definitely would have been more exciting had Raonic came through.

Monaco is a bye for Djokovic, Federer and Nadal alike (each having bageled or given him a breadstick). The only person he stands a chance against is Murray.

Doesnt everyone's real chance to win is against Murray. Against the top 3 its like they may beat or they can push, but the doubts are higher that the outcome is predictable. Against Murray they can beat, and you sort of know that its 50/50. Though the way Federer has been playing, he is pretty beatable with a good player in the other side of the net.

Fireballer
06-03-2012, 01:40 AM

Fed wont see the SF let alone the final

dencod16
06-03-2012, 01:46 AM
monaco doesnt consider clay as his favourite surface anymore, although hes had his best results there.

i cant remember the interview but he enjoys hard courts
Yes he indeed said that because he has been having more success on big hard court tournaments than those on clay.

dencod16
06-03-2012, 01:54 AM
People keep saying that Raonic didnt play his best, well so did Monaco, with his style of play he shouldn't be making more unforced errors than winners. Raonic is a level down on Monaco and it showed in this match, Monaco was hitting seconds serves on Raonic backhand and there was nothing Raonic can do about it. This showed that Raonic is not a top class as people are saying cause for you to be there you need to able to have a back-up plan once your weapon is out, His serve was not on point, and there is no plan B. Can he be good, yes, but that is yet to be seen.

Looner
06-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Raonic was standing so far behind the baseline and dumping so many BHs from easy positions into the net it's unreal. Still, if Monaco was playing really well this may not have been as close.

out_here_grindin
06-03-2012, 02:09 AM
I would love to see Monaco beat Nadal but I still think its pathetic to root for players simply only caring about one player losing. Monaco desveres the 4th round more than Raonic, he is a gritty competitor and a 4th round result is the appropriate result for him on clay.

MaratandMilos
06-03-2012, 03:20 AM
People keep saying that Raonic didnt play his best, well so did Monaco, with his style of play he shouldn't be making more unforced errors than winners. Raonic is a level down on Monaco and it showed in this match, Monaco was hitting seconds serves on Raonic backhand and there was nothing Raonic can do about it. This showed that Raonic is not a top class as people are saying cause for you to be there you need to able to have a back-up plan once your weapon is out, His serve was not on point, and there is no plan B. Can he be good, yes, but that is yet to be seen.
I can tell you haven't watched Milos much beyond yesterday's match. Raonic has beaten or come close to beating better players than Monaco on clay (Almagro, Murray, Federer and Ferrer) in the last month, but he had absolutely nothing working (serve, forehand, backhand, movement). Despite that, he still managed to take two sets on Monaco and nearly won the match. I hardly see how that can be viewed as a bad thing or a sign that he isn't a good player. A single poor quality match doesn't show his true talent level.

MaratandMilos
06-03-2012, 03:21 AM
Milos Raonic is his harshest critic and he was not happy at all with his performance after losing 6-7(5), 6-3, 6-7(5), 6-3, 6-4 to Juan Monaco in the third round of the French Open on Saturday.

The match lasted four hours and 33 minutes, and later Raonic could find few positive things to say about how he played.

He was not pleased with his serving – only making 54 per cent of first serves in the match – and said about the rest of his game, “I wasn’t hitting my forehand well and I was making a lot of mistakes with it. Backhand was fewer mistakes but it wasn’t doing anything. The only thing I was doing well was volleying.”

http://www.lovemeansnothing.ca/blog/raonic-loses-a-tough-one

shiaben
06-03-2012, 03:29 AM
I can't believe people actually thought this mug is a "potential threat" to Nadal looooooooooooooool.

Snowwy
06-03-2012, 03:56 AM
Why Raonic is a clown? He lost in close 5 sets to a very good player. Why everything should be about Nadal, just explain it here and now! Or I'd rather say every match should be about Federer because Nadal is interesting to you only because he finished era of Federer's dominance. If he didn't stand between Federer and whatever number of records would be sufficient for your sick Fedtardism, I doubt you'd ever paid any attention to him, his style of play and his potential opponents.

Monaco won a very important match, he is through into 1/8th of RG :cheerleader: I am so happy for Pico! And think he fully deserves this win.

Cudos to Milos for good game and great fight.

Great post. :)

Javier Bardem
06-03-2012, 04:11 AM
Wow thats 8 sets now without being broken for Monaco! Glad to see he came through here, Raonic deserves a lot of credit he was retrieving a lot from what I saw, I hope Monaco can give a good account of himself against Nadal

Shinoj
06-03-2012, 04:15 AM
Nadal can play Rightie and beat this Mug hands down.. Clownaco.

Its a Pity because Raonic V Nadal would have been very interesting.

HarryMan
06-03-2012, 04:19 AM
This thread seems to have more comments about Nadal than about this particular match. ;)

Anyway, nice done. Monaco was very tough from the baseline and Raonic still has a long way to go as his backhand currently is surely a weakness in his game. But I am sure he will work on it and get better with time.

Monaco was rock solid and got the job done.

rocketassist
06-03-2012, 04:23 AM
Milos lost it because he simply couldn't break serve to save his life.

Disappointing, but I hope he can make good use of his grass season.

BroTree123
06-03-2012, 04:24 AM
Where does Monaco go from here? Close to top 10?

Shinoj
06-03-2012, 04:35 AM
Where does Monaco go from here? Close to top 10?

His is a interesting case because Outside the Top 4 or 5, He has the game to be amongst the best. But sadly when facing the Top 4, He drops the Ball in the Locker room and turns up.

Clay Death
06-03-2012, 04:37 AM
monaco has been slowly gaining ground again. i think he has worked hard on his fitness and it appears to be paying off.

christallh24
06-03-2012, 04:53 AM
Thank God.

:confused: Why? I'm certain it was Pico I saw out there doing all the work.

:speakles:

Rafa would first have to beat Juan.

Nico would first have to beat Tipsy.

Daaavid would first have to beat Marcel.

And Fed would have to beat the winner of the del Potro v. Berdych match, then meet Nole in the SF where by boy will beat him. Book it.

In summation; Nole slam, bitches! :cheerleader:

But seriously, though, congrats to Pico and his fans for him getting this far. Better luck to Milos at Wimbledon. I'm really starting to like this kid.

Unlike some of you, I'm not dismissing Juan against Rafa. He's improved tons since the last time I watched tennis regularly. He'll not go out meekly if he'd an ounce of pride.

madmax
06-03-2012, 07:24 AM
this result

http://eu7.memecdn.com/hassel-gasm_o_206988.gif

bye servebot, dont hit your head boarding the plane :bigwave:

monmororin
06-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Says more about the respective quality of Nadal and Federer on clay at the moment than anything about their opponents.

Monaco isn't an easy 4th rounder. He's not the hardest either, sure. But the only reason it's a cakewalk for Rafa is because Rafa is so good.

Yes! :bigclap:

Anyway congrats, PIco! :yeah:

Milos:hug:

Matt01
06-03-2012, 10:45 AM
His is a interesting case because Outside the Top 4 or 5, He has the game to be amongst the best. But sadly when facing the Top 4, He drops the Ball in the Locker room and turns up.

He has good record against Murray so make it Top 3 instead of Top 4.

zeleni
06-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Nadal can play Rightie and beat this Mug hands down.. Clownaco.

Its a Pity because Raonic V Nadal would have been very interesting.

this. don't care for monaco and raonic, but rafa-raonic could have been more interesting. this way it will be :zzz:

nole_no1
06-03-2012, 05:04 PM
The better clay court player won :yeah: Good for the game

reery
06-03-2012, 05:12 PM
In summation; Nole slam, bitches! :cheerleader:

The Screech Slam ain't happening. :wavey:

CooCooCachoo
06-03-2012, 05:38 PM
:confused: Why? I'm certain it was Pico I saw out there doing all the work.

:p

Thank Pico then.

Just happy Raonic is out. Really unpleasant game to watch, IMO. Effective and impressive, but not what I enjoy seeing. Much prefer watching Monaco.

ReturnWinner
06-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Well done Clownaco, the incredible think is Monaco didn't lose his serve the whole match not even having a df.
Raonic did well but missed many first serves but I was impressed by his volleys.
He could do real damage in the grass season.

dencod16
06-04-2012, 04:30 AM
I can tell you haven't watched Milos much beyond yesterday's match. Raonic has beaten or come close to beating better players than Monaco on clay (Almagro, Murray, Federer and Ferrer) in the last month, but he had absolutely nothing working (serve, forehand, backhand, movement). Despite that, he still managed to take two sets on Monaco and nearly won the match. I hardly see how that can be viewed as a bad thing or a sign that he isn't a good player. A single poor quality match doesn't show his true talent level.

You Raonic mugs are annoying, what has he done on clay besides Barcelona, nothing. Clearly you only watched him on Barcelona and didn't care to watch the other matches. Nearly won the match he cant even convert a single break point. I didn't say his bad but his not as good as you guys are portraying him, specifically on clay. Can he do damage on fast courts yes, but on clay he isn't even in the top 10. He needs to improve in a lot of departments, specifically backhand, return of serve and footwork. And the reason why he making a lot of errors is because most of his shots that are supposed to be winners are going back, so he was made to push hard. And Monaco wasn't playing his best either.

duchuy89
06-04-2012, 05:50 AM
Fighting Monaco.