Sommarsverige
10-28-2004, 10:15 PM
Now that almost everyone heard the sad news about
the great tennis player Magnus Norman retiring, I think it would
be nice to open a thread for Magnus´honour. :worship:

Everyone should post something that has to do with Magnus:
stories, pics, matches you will never forget with Magnus or just words
you would like to say to him....

I will start with only one little pic, but more to come....

enqvistfan
10-28-2004, 10:33 PM
Sorry to hear that Magnus retires. It's a player i liked a lot. I wish him good luck in his next carrier. A carreer ends but another one starts :) Unfortunately, he has been unlucky with his injuries. It would have been great to collect messages, and give them to Magnus.

Sommarsverige, I thought of you when I read the news.

Valérie

http://www.thomasenqvist.com

Björki
10-28-2004, 11:03 PM
I will post few pics soon.....
all the best to Magnus. :)

enqvistsangel
10-28-2004, 11:08 PM
A great tennis player (& person too) leaves tennis planet! It's sad but his health is the most important thing! Thanx Nors! You are so nice, so fairplay & have a great tennis "style". Stay as you are!!!! I miss you already!
I hope you'll be succesfull on everything what you do! Good luck for your studies at university & good luck for your new life!!!! I know that your advice are precious & useful to all the new future young Swedish players. Sincerely good bye!

Chris-swede
10-28-2004, 11:12 PM
Goodbye Magnus (Nors), i will never forget so many things, maybe the match in Rome before 2 years when you were down 1-6,2-5 vs Kuerten and then came back to win the match.

And for sure the French Open Final vs Kuerten. I really thought that u can win the french open in that year.

Magnus, u will be remembered for sure!

enqvistsangel
10-28-2004, 11:39 PM
To watch in Swedish what Magnus said for the last time, click on the link below:
http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?ramfile=041028-normanslutarny.ram&filepath=/content/1/c6/27/60/93/&inCorporationWith=&d=13697&playertitle=28/10+Magnus+Normans+karriär+över&smallplayer=true

-wokkel-
10-29-2004, 12:41 AM
Bye Magnus! :sad:

Canuck_Chick
10-29-2004, 01:46 AM
Magnus, you will be missed!!! I'll always remember you for being a great tennis player and a great person off the court. Good luck with the rest of your endevours and i hope you have a happy, happy life!!

Sommarsverige
10-29-2004, 11:56 PM
Some more Nors pics ;)

misyou25
10-30-2004, 02:55 PM
bye nors...we all miss you and hope you will have a good future maybe something in the region of tennis...

misyou25
10-30-2004, 02:57 PM
i hate watching now at his pics :bigcry:

amethyst
10-31-2004, 07:05 PM
It´s so sad to hear he has to retire because of his injuries :sad: I will always miss him for his great fighting spirit and his fairness :worship:

Chris-swede
10-31-2004, 08:11 PM
Oh dear, my feelings are going strange when i look at his pics and the think about it, that he will never play again as a pro. That is so sad!

Sommarsverige
10-31-2004, 08:13 PM
Nors commentated the Stockholm Open final on Swedish television today and he seemed to be quite relaxed and almost happy.
I cannot understand that, because I am so sad myself (and I guess many others too), but he must feel very lightened to have taken this decision.

Some more Nors pics... ;)

But I totally agree with you missyou25, it makes me also so sad to look at these pics where Magnus is holding trophies and so on... :sad: :sad:

Chris-swede
10-31-2004, 08:33 PM
I can understand Magnus in one way, now it is finished, he has not to hope anymore, to try, to get back and then always one dissappointment after the other. Now he has done his decision and now he can go on for other things. It is just over, but his life goes on. So it is for him. I think he was very glad to see ToJo winning today as they are great friends!

Sommarsverige
10-31-2004, 09:20 PM
I can understand Magnus in one way, now it is finished, he has not to hope anymore, to try, to get back and then always one dissappointment after the other. Now he has done his decision and now he can go on for other things. It is just over, but his life goes on. So it is for him. I think he was very glad to see ToJo winning today as they are great friends!

I think so too, chris-swede!

kandykane
11-01-2004, 03:01 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Toppu
11-05-2004, 03:21 PM
He's just like his ex, was forced to retire. What a bad way to end your career.

ANyway you are so great. everyone still remembers how dominant you were during 1999-2002.

and you are still the only player I dedicated a website for. I'll miss you.

Björki
11-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Some photos from his win in Rom 2000.