WTC: Kas/Petzschner def. Zimonjić/Janković 6:4, 6:4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WTC: Kas/Petzschner def. Zimonjić/Janković 6:4, 6:4

VIPer7
05-26-2012, 01:14 PM
I guess there was no livestream for this, but I was in the stadium and endured 3 hours of Štěpánek vs. L. Mayer :yawn: to see the match, so I'll write some words about it :)

As Serbia was already leading 2:0, Nenad Zimonjić teamed up with 17 year old Miki Janković, like he already did in the match against Tursunov/Kunitsyn. I'm not a doubles expert, but the match was very enjoyable to watch. All four players made some nice points: Passing shots, drop shots, lobs, smashes and of course volleys. Especially Christopher Kas did some nice volleys, very fast reaction!

The Serbs got an early 3:1 lead in the first set, but then the Germans broke back and eventually won the first set. In the second set the Germans got an early break and from then on there were no more breaks of serve. At 3:4* Janković made a Boris-Becker-like jump volley to reach a drop shot. He got it over the net, but the Germans eventually won the point. Afterwards Janković was bleeding heavily on his right arm and belly and had to get band-aid, but afterwards could finish the match. He was the weakest link of the four players, but nevertheless convinced me, maybe we'll see more of him in the future!

CooCooCachoo
05-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Great experience for Jankovic. Very respectable score for someone so young.

JMG
05-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Was Petzschner able to serve full speed? From the short highlights I saw at least he seemed to be in a good mood. So maybe his injury is not bothering him too much and he has a chance to win a match in RG?

VIPer7
05-27-2012, 11:02 AM
I didn't have a clear view of the serve speed screen, umpire's chair was in the way :( I think there were a few servers around 200 km/h, but can't judge whether this was his full speed serve.

He did wear his strange knee socks again, are they injury related or just fashion? :P