Rome F: Granollers/López d. Tipsarevic/Kubot 6-3, 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rome F: Granollers/López d. Tipsarevic/Kubot 6-3, 6-2

Javi
05-20-2012, 02:37 PM
:woohoo::bounce:
Finally Marc and Marcel get their very deserved Doubles first title as a team. :bowdown:
Awesome season so far. It's a shame that this team won't be the Spanish team at Olympics

I hope they can qualify for YEC 2012. .

willoughby
05-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Congrats Marcel/Marc! :banana:

Naudio Spanlatine
05-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Omg i love this team:hearts:, im so effin happy:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

Aenea
05-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Congrats to Marc and Marcel :clap2:

And then people are saying it's Nadal who's carrying Marc in their doubles matches :ras: It's the other way around I think :)

Naudio Spanlatine
05-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Marc is a fantastic doubles player, he really deserves to play in the olympics:sad: :sad:

supertec
05-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Yeah!! M&M :D

Pirata.
05-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Marc is a fantastic doubles player, he really deserves to play in the olympics:sad: :sad:

I agree :sad:

Rafa should just suck it up and play mixed doubles, it's really unfair that Marc won't get a chance to go when he and Marcel have been such a great team this year.

Sonja1989
05-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Wow, well done Marcel and Marc!! :bounce: :woohoo: I think they are in very good position for the WTF especially if they can keep it up, vamos!! :yeah: You made me proud! :worship:

About Kubot and Tipsy, not so nice loss, I think it's all was mentally problem if you look that fact they lost their first service game in these two sets plus that beautiful start, they missed all 9 bps. Not a big surprise, they are really a good duo but not if you look their mentally level.

^^Marc Lopez can't play Olympics because 2012 is his only one year when he played DC, if I know well. Players have to play at least two, one in last two years, other one in 2009 or 2010. Leastwise I remember something like this. :angel:

Pirata.
05-20-2012, 06:35 PM
^^Marc Lopez can't play Olympics because 2012 is his only one year when he played DC, if I know well. Players have to play at least two, one in last two years, other one in 2009 or 2010. Leastwise I remember something like this. :angel:

I think it's just that they have to make themselves available for a tie, which Marc did a couple times last year. You don't have to necessarily play as long as you are available for selection, Marc was the backup choice a couple times last year :)

iramlatif
05-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Congrats to these sweethearts. :)http://spainsdaviscup.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/big-smiles.jpg they deserve this success!

Pirata.
05-20-2012, 07:31 PM
:hearts:

willoughby
05-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Rafa should just suck it up and play mixed doubles, it's really unfair that Marc won't get a chance to go when he and Marcel have been such a great team this year.

Totally agree. I was thinking exactly the same, though I don't think Marcel/Marc will be as good on grass as they are on clay, but they still deserve to play together at the Olympics.

randajad86
05-20-2012, 08:53 PM
I think it's just that they have to make themselves available for a tie, which Marc did a couple times last year.
No, he didn't. Anyway, he doesn't have good rankings (he is not no.10 in doubles).

acionescu
05-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Oh, people, don't get in Pirata's way while she's bashing Nadal! :(

She's usually singing the "nadal looks just like his girlfriend" lullaby, I guess she needed a new one :awww: :hug:

BroTree123
05-21-2012, 04:23 AM
Mugsarevic showing once again how useless he is in finals. He let Kubot down :stupid:

Congrats to the better team :yeah:

Naudio Spanlatine
05-21-2012, 04:33 AM
:hearts:

This. Jesus.:inlove: :inlove:

Pirata.
05-21-2012, 05:14 AM
No, he didn't. Anyway, he doesn't have good rankings (he is not no.10 in doubles).

I'm pretty sure he was the fifth backup for the USA tie last year as well as the final. And what do you mean he doesn't have good rankings, as of last week is he ranked #18 and will probably be higher when they release the new rankings after Madrid. Marcel is ranked in the 20s in doubles.

Oh, people, don't get in Pirata's way while she's bashing Nadal! :(

She's usually singing the "nadal looks just like his girlfriend" lullaby, I guess she needed a new one :awww: :hug:

:baby:

randajad86
05-21-2012, 06:13 AM
And what do you mean he doesn't have good rankings, as of last week is he ranked #18 and will probably be higher when they release the new rankings after Madrid. Marcel is ranked in the 20s in doubles.:baby:

Read the rules :)

iii) Men’s Doubles

The ITF will select doubles teams for direct acceptance from
doubles nominations received from National Associations, taking
into account the recognised international singles and doubles
computer rankings of 11 June 2012 and the number and names of
players already accepted into the singles events. A maximum of
four (4) men, two (2) doubles teams, from any one country may
compete in the men’s doubles event.
Any doubles players ranked 10 or better based on the recognised
international doubles computer rankings of 11 June 2012 will be
eligible for selection for direct acceptance for the men’s doubles
event, providing:
i) his nominated partner has a recognised international
singles or doubles ranking on 11 June 2012,
ii) he and his partner have been nominated as a doubles team
by their respective National Association/NOC, and
iii) the nomination does not bring the total number of male
competitors from that country to more than six (6).

To be top-10 player Marc needs more than 1000 points, so he has to be in the Roland Garros final.

Marcel is no.6 Spaniard in the singles rankings, so he can only play doubles.

Ash86
05-21-2012, 07:10 AM
There is nothing to stop the Spanish Federation choosing Marc as one of their 6 - if he was Top 10 it would simply mean that he couldn't be excluded. Spain will be sending 6 - top 4 singles & Granollers (to partner Nadal) - as for the sixth I don't see why they wouldn't choose Marc rather than going for a singles player like Verdasco/Lopez (whoever misses out) to play doubles....

Ranked 14 as of today Lopez is the highest ranked doubles player for Spain. What would be interesting is who Nadal would partner if they did send both Lopez & Granollers - would Rafa step aside & let M&M play together or would he choose Marc over Marcel (who was mainly chosen for Nadal due to ranking issues which don't seem as big a deal now....)? Still think Lopez/Nadal is a stronger team than Lopez/Granollers - can't discount Nadal's ground game & experience on grass. Then again perhaps Marcel's serve is better for grass...

acionescu
05-21-2012, 09:00 AM
As awesome as I think he is, Marc wouldnt have a double carreer if it wasnt for Rafa in the first place.

Not to mention the singles WC he received also for Rafa influences. Sadly not in an ATP500 MD :tears:

Naudio Spanlatine
05-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Lopez/Nadal another gorgeous team, TEAM CUTENESS:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: