Next stop Roland Garros [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Next stop Roland Garros

MightyJurgenfan
05-18-2012, 04:17 PM
I am hoping Jurgen will do well here. Clay used to be his favorate surface.
He does not have many points to defend and needs to do something before he goes to Wimbledon where he has a ton of points to defend.

emotion
05-18-2012, 04:22 PM
he doesnt have that many wimbledon points :shrug:

_Chaz
05-21-2012, 06:35 PM
http://www.tennisnet.com/oesterreich/turnier/frenchopenspecial/Melzer-bangt-um-den-French-Open-Start/4026357

Melzer doubtful for RG (hip injury)

MightyJurgenfan
05-25-2012, 03:41 AM
Jurgen celebrated his 31st Birthday this week.
He is now in Paris and plans to play.

emotion
05-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Lost to Berrer from 2 sets to love up.
Time to call it a career in singles, perhaps? Aside from Memphis, he has been absolutely pathetic for a year now. Will be unseeded in Wimbledon

MightyJurgenfan
05-27-2012, 06:19 PM
I wonder if his many injuries just kept him from being able to go five sets. I do not think it is time to stop singles yet. Let's see how he does in the doubles.

MightyJurgenfan
05-28-2012, 03:25 AM
I have read several articles by Austrian writers that say Jurgen's hip was bad and did not allow him to play well for five sets. When you are 31 it takes longer to heal and he needs time to get better. They feel he still can play good tennis and do well. They emphasized he has not had much time to prepare for matches because of his injuries and they feel that is why he ran out of steam during the match. They gave credit to Berrer for taking advantage of Jurgen's hip injury.

J99
05-30-2012, 09:29 PM
I hope his hip isn't a lingering thing and he can get better soon, because he's a friggin awesome player, and tennis needs him back in top shape, if you don't like Melzer you don't like tennis in my book.