Lack of TV/stream coverage for doubles [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Lack of TV/stream coverage for doubles

MaxPower
05-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey I was reading on Lindstedt's blog that when they played the Madrid final there wasn't even a single little small camera to stream the match. And this was the final in a M1000 tournament, yes the freaking final.

I mean ATP always say they want to make doubles more popular yet it's laughable amount of coverage given to doubles. Not only do they schedule away doubles to the worst time-slots/courts (guess that's acceptable) but also in this case all the media and TV people was there at the very court but they were simply not broadcasting, not even with one camera for a stream or something.

ATP has appearantly promised the doubles players that all Masters finals should be tv-broadcasted. That's not too much to ask. Honestly I think they could send the QFs/SFs too

I think this is a big outrage tbh. It's killing off doubles when fans can't even watch the very final of major tournaments.

Jimnik
05-16-2012, 03:48 PM
At the very least they need online streaming of doubles majors.

TennisTV usually cover doubles at the masters. I'm surprised.

coluta
05-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Which one is his blog?

MaxPower
05-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Which one is his blog?

http://answermyquestionjerk.se/robert/ It's in swedish. You can always google translate it but could end up pretty crazy

coluta
05-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Thanks!
Yeah, google translate delivers.

I also like this: For starters, how many people are waking up one Sunday at 11.00 in Spain?

And the picture from the final:

http://answermyquestionjerk.se/robert/files/2012/05/IMG_1142-e1337022202467.jpg

motorhead
05-17-2012, 09:24 AM
what's crazy is that often you can find a stream for a first round double match in Cambodia challenger but you can't for a MS final.....

coluta
08-11-2012, 01:23 AM
I didn't know where else to post this

From tonight:
@rohanbopanna

Feel ashamed to be part of the ATP tour, once again they proved double's players r 2nd class citizens. Should not have double standards...

I guess it is related to the indoor matches in Toronto? Anybody else knows why he is so mad?
:(

mreccentric
08-11-2012, 04:58 AM
i totally agree with the OP, they should telecast doubles matches. Apart from Australian Open, no other Grandslam tournament or ATP tournament capture the Doubles Matches. At AO, they record the complete match of each and every discipline, which also includes Doubles. But, not seen that happening in any other tournament. I know this because the sports channel here once also telecasted 1st/2nd round doubles matches.

@coluta...
oh, thats from twitter, we don't know what happened. Maybe you can elaborate why he might have said.

Julián Santiago
08-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Melzedr/Paes vs Bryan/Bryan will be televised:

http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html

coluta
08-26-2012, 11:14 PM
@Jknowle
@usopen your transportation is not even @ challenger level !!! Asking for a 08:15 pick-up for 09:15 practice. Answer: "sorry singles Guys have priority for tomorrow !" Are you kidding me or what. #furios

mreccentric
08-27-2012, 03:29 AM
@Jknowle
@usopen your transportation is not even @ challenger level !!! Asking for a 08:15 pick-up for 09:15 practice. Answer: "sorry singles Guys have priority for tomorrow !" Are you kidding me or what. #furios

Again, as said earlier, these people prioritize among singles and doubles player. If they do this, how will Doubles Game Grow?