Roger forfait in Basel [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roger forfait in Basel

tschaeggy
10-26-2004, 05:27 PM
poor Rogi, this morning he had a muscle-injury while the training!!
he cannot play Basel, not Paris and also the masters is unsure!!!
I feel so sorry for him :sad: :sad: :sad:

Agassi Fan
10-26-2004, 06:12 PM
:-(((((((

ste
10-26-2004, 08:58 PM
poor Rogi, this morning he had a muscle-injury while the training!!
he cannot play Basel, not Paris and also the masters is unsure!!!
I feel so sorry for him :sad: :sad: :sad:

me too!!!

Gute Besserung Roger!!! :hug:

Canuck_Chick
10-26-2004, 09:44 PM
Injured Federer withdraws from event
Sports Ticker
10/26/2004
BASEL, Switzerland (Ticker) - Roger Federer will not get a chance to win on his home soil.

The top-ranked player pulled out of the Davidoff Swiss Indoors tennis tournament after tearing a muscle in his left thigh Tuesday, two hours before his scheduled first-round match against Luis Horna of Peru.

"Roger has a torn muscle in his upper left thigh," tournament director Felix Marti said. "Yesterday, he was feeling pain. This morning in training there was more pain so he went for an MRI and we found the muscle tears on the left side."

Federer is expected to be sidelined about two weeks.

"The doctor said I needed to rest it for 10-14 days," Federer said. "I think this is the result of a long process. There were a lot of matches where I felt tired but was lucky not to get injured. Unfortunately, I finally was injured and it happened here. This is a big blow for me."

Lucky loser Bohdan Ulihrach of the Czech Republic will take Federer's place in the draw.

Federer has already clinched the No. 1 ranking this year. He defeated Andy Roddick for his 10th title of the year in Bangkok on September 27 after winning the U.S. Open. Federer has not lost a match since falling to German Tomas Berdych in the Olympics.

But Federer, a former ball boy in this tournament, has yet to win the title here in six previous chances and will not get the opportunity this year. He lost in the semifinals to David Nalbandian of Argentina in 2002. Last year, Federer was beaten in the second round by Croatia's Ivan Ljubcic.

"This is a huge disappointment for me, clearly," Federer said. "This was a big chance for me, I'd been playing so well and had perfect preparation. But all I can do is wait again until next year."

Federer's withdrawal leaves Tim Henman of Britain, who is ranked fourth in the world, as the top player in this event. Henman is competing despite recently being told by doctors that he has a magnesium deficiency in his blood. Two of his 11 career titles have come here.

Henman will face Anthony Dupuis of France in the first round Wednesday.

David Nalbandian of Argentina, who was forced out of the finals against countryman Guillermo Coria due to a left wrist injury, is the fourth seed here. Nalbandian is coming off a finals defeat to Marat Safin in Madrid on Sunday.

First prize is approximately worth $180,000.

http://www.tsn.ca/tennis/news_story.asp?id=102762
__________________________________________________ _________
Get well soon Roger and good luck in Houston!!!

knight_ley
10-26-2004, 11:12 PM
i just got home and am shocked... :sad:

Billabong
10-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Rogi:sad:! I guess he'll have to cut on his schedule next year if he wants to prevent that:sad:.. 2004 was a long year for him!

lunahielo
10-27-2004, 12:19 AM
"This is a huge disappointment for me, clearly," Federer said. "This was a big chance for me, I'd been playing so well and had perfect preparation. But all I can do is wait again until next year."

You'll do it next year, Rogi.

Right now, just rest and let your body heal. :)
Your fans will still be here!

Fergie
10-27-2004, 12:56 AM
I'm sad :sad:

Get well soon Rogi :hug:

RogiFan88
10-27-2004, 02:38 AM
Best for Rogi to rest and recuperate fully before playing... we don't want any setbacks... look at Juanqui and all his starts and stops this yr... be smart, Rogi! Health comes first.

ytben
10-27-2004, 03:05 AM
Listen to RF Rogi :hug:

federer_roar
10-27-2004, 03:20 AM
I'm sad about his injury. :sad: :sad:
He must feel terrible.

Hope he can get it over soon.

Fergie
10-27-2004, 03:43 AM
Best for Rogi to rest and recuperate fully before playing... we don't want any setbacks... look at Juanqui and all his starts and stops this yr... be smart, Rogi! Health comes first.
Well said :yeah:

underhill
10-27-2004, 06:24 AM
I found Roger's interview clip, though i don't understand what he said, he looked very disappointed.

http://www.sfdrs.ch/system/frames/news/sportaktuell/index.php?/content/news/sportaktuell/archiv.php

ytben
10-27-2004, 07:15 AM
Thanks underhill :kiss: Much appreciated. Anyone who undestand German mind doing a short summary for us?

Daniel
10-27-2004, 07:42 AM
Get well Roger :) :hug: :smooch: :worship:

lina_seta
10-28-2004, 09:25 PM
ROGERRRRRR >.<
i was sooo shocked to find out.. i would have prefered a "without reason" withdrawal... but a muscle tear!!! thats terrible!!!