Magnus Norman [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Magnus Norman

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ma. Estefania
09-29-2002, 12:34 AM
Does anybody else here love Magnus as I do?

I am just creating this thread to talk about Magnus, I know he's not having the best moment of his career as he had in 2000, but come on, let's support him!:rolleyes: ;)

Superhero
10-01-2002, 03:04 AM
Yes, go MAGNUS.

King Aaron
10-01-2002, 09:51 AM
Go Magnus! :)

Superhero
10-02-2002, 01:07 AM
Magnus WON his first round match against George Bastl extremely easily, 6-3 6-0!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, he needed a win against anybody, who does he play now?

Superhero
10-02-2002, 01:09 AM
To answer my own question, it is Juan Ferrero.

Tough opponent, but if Magnus plays well he'll take it!

Ma. Estefania
10-02-2002, 10:34 PM
Go Magnus!!!
I think that although he maybe won't win against Juan Carlos, he may have at least a good match, it's a good way to bring confidence back!

So go MAgnus!!!

Goonergal
10-05-2002, 12:07 AM
:D Magnus :D Been a fan of his for a while now. Looks like he's finally on the comeback trail! :bounce: C'mon Magnus you can beat Spadea and get into your 1st tour final for ages!

Ma. Estefania
10-05-2002, 09:38 PM
Magnus is on the finals of Tokyo tournament!
He'll face Carlsen.

Go-Nors
10-05-2002, 11:00 PM
I'm very happy but I hope he isn't too tired

:bounce: Magnus my champ :bounce:

Goonergal
10-06-2002, 01:08 PM
Carlsen def Norman 7-6(6),6-3 :sad:

Oh well I hope he's not too disappointed. This week shows that he is slowly but surely coming back to form & this week should give him a confidence boost towards the fianl weeks of the season :)

Well Done on your wonderful week Magnus :kiss:

Ma. Estefania
10-06-2002, 05:41 PM
Here are some pic of MAGNUS in Tokyo:bounce:

Ma. Estefania
10-06-2002, 05:44 PM
Ok, here I have one in which he's training in tokyo, I know that you can't see him too good in the pic, but anyway, I posted...:rolleyes:

YOu know.....everything for MAgnus!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ma. Estefania
10-06-2002, 05:45 PM
he looks sooo good!

TennisHack
10-14-2002, 09:32 PM
Pictures from today's TMS Madrid first round action

TennisHack
10-14-2002, 09:33 PM
He defeated Mariano Zabaleta 6-7, 7-6, 6-2

Ma. Estefania
10-15-2002, 11:05 PM
Oh thanx TennisHack.
I was gonna post the same pics, anyway, thanx.

Ma. Estefania
10-23-2002, 05:38 PM
Magnus lost 6-2, 6-2 against Arazi in Stockholm.

So sad....

Ma. Estefania
10-23-2002, 05:41 PM
No pics of Magnus yet.....

Francine
10-27-2002, 01:35 PM
He withdrew from Paris with a hipinjury :( :( :( I hope it isn't the same one as last year.

Kom igen Magnus! He's gonna rule next year :bounce: :bounce: :D

Ma. Estefania
10-27-2002, 11:19 PM
Yes, that's very sad news.

TennisHack
10-30-2002, 09:31 PM
Magnus Norman has knee surgery

October 30, 2002

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) -- Magnus Norman had knee surgery Wednesday, sidelining the Swedish tennis star for a month.

He played his last match a week ago in the Stockholm Open and pulled out of this week's Paris Masters.

In a statement released by Swedish news agency TT, Norman said he hopes to resume training Nov. 27 and is scheduled to play Kenneth Carlsen in an exhibition in Copenhagen, Denmark, on Dec. 3.

In 2000, Norman reached the Australian Open semifinals, the French Open final and a career-high ranking of No. 2.

Norman had hip surgery in the United States a year ago and spent three months on crutches. He recently showed signs of regaining his form, advancing to the Japan Open final in October.

patrftfanatic
11-09-2002, 04:14 AM
I also LOVE Magnus and absolutely want to support him! Is the Martina Hingis quote directed to Magnus? When did she say that? I also like Martina so I'm very sad that she's considering retirement, with the super sour fact that she's only 21 or something like that. So young!:kiss::angel::hearts::wavey::bounce:
Please visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lordsoftennis

Ma. Estefania
11-13-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by patrftfanatic
Is the Martina Hingis quote directed to Magnus? [/url]

Nop, it was something that I "say" to Martina. Yes, I'm a fan of her as of Magnus too(I love the time they were a couple in 2000;) )

Welcome to this thread, andVIVA MAGNUS! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ma. Estefania
11-18-2002, 10:39 PM
I think this topic is kinda left apart, so I'll post some pics of Magnus through year 2002. THere aren't too mcuh but these are the ones I've gotten.

Ma. Estefania
11-18-2002, 10:41 PM
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Ma. Estefania
11-18-2002, 10:44 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ma. Estefania
11-18-2002, 10:46 PM
:bounce:

Ma. Estefania
11-18-2002, 10:47 PM
:angel: :angel: :angel:

Ma. Estefania
11-18-2002, 10:50 PM
:D :D :D

Ma. Estefania
11-18-2002, 10:53 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Ma. Estefania
11-18-2002, 10:58 PM
:p

Ma. Estefania
11-18-2002, 11:02 PM
Ok, I'll post other ones that are the ones that I like the most.:drool:

Ma. Estefania
11-18-2002, 11:06 PM

Ma. Estefania
11-18-2002, 11:11 PM
:p

Ma. Estefania
11-18-2002, 11:19 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ma. Estefania
11-18-2002, 11:23 PM
:drool: Yes, I love you. :drool:

Ma. Estefania
11-18-2002, 11:29 PM

Ma. Estefania
11-18-2002, 11:34 PM
I'll post more later.

Daniel
12-04-2002, 03:11 PM
:drool: @ Magnus :lick:

TennisHack
12-12-2002, 09:39 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/shared/photos/other/norman_hockey.jpg
Magnus Norman has his sights on the opponent's goal. In this game, you want to hit it in the net.

Swedish Coaches Give Stick to Players
Tennis all-star team trades racquets for hockey sticks in annual ice hockey match in Sweden

Magnus Norman has his sights on the opponent's goal. In this game, you want to hit it in the net.

Despite showing fighting spirit and new set of skills on the ice at Johanneshov Stadium, Swedish tennis stars, Magnus Norman, Thomas Enqvist and Magnus Larsson, fell short in the annual ice hockey battle held last week against their own coaches.

Fresh home in Monaco from the Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai, Thomas Johansson flew back to Stockholm for the sole purpose of being a spectator.

“Outside the tennis scene, this is the the main event of the year, and we take it very seriously. There is a tremendous amount of prestige and bragging rights associated with this hockey game,” said Johansson, whose knee injury prevented him from participating.

The final result was 6-4 and former pro, Joachim Nystrom, managed to score four goals to lead his team to victory for the second consecutive year.

Ma. Estefania
12-12-2002, 10:53 PM
I saw some pics of him too. I noticed that he was the best player of the PLAYERS' TEAM.
He's so cute.
I'll try to post some last pics that I found fo him.

Knutt
07-22-2003, 12:16 PM
I'm a huge Magnus Norman fan! He's just the greatest

Lena
07-25-2003, 09:44 AM
Hi !
I'm a new member and i love Magnus too .
Today he is in the 1/4 in Umag against Nadal .
Go Magnus

Layla
08-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Hi everyone! :wavey:

I was in Umag this year, where I saw Magnus for the first time. I've never been a fan, because I started watching tennis in late 2001, but I definitely became one in Umag. He has so many good qualities, from his sportsmanship to his fighting abilities. The kids in Umag adored him, they were always scrambling for autographs and he was happy to give them. :) He even participated in the Kid's Day, a traditional event where tennis players play with children and answer their question.

He played well in Umag, Nadal was just too good on the day. Still, it was great that he made the quarters again and I hope he can continue to climb the rankings. He needed those victories so he was quite happy in Umag. When he won the tough 3-set marathon in the first round he was delighted. :D

The most heartbreaking moment for me was when he was leaving the court after his QF loss. He stopped to sign autographs (not many players do after losing) and his hand was shaking, but he still did his best for his fans. :( My heart went out to him.

Keep fighting, Magnus!

Oh, and he is incredibly cute and has the most beautiful blue eyes! ;)

Layla
08-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Magnus is finally playing again. :) He's trying to qualify for the Long Island tournament today, and he faces the wildcard Becker (not THE Becker I hope ;) ) in the first round.

Good luck! The qualifying draw is anything but easy since the cut off was at 51.

Go Magnus! :bounce:

Sommarsverige
08-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Good luck Magnus at the US Open!

Lena
08-28-2003, 10:58 AM
he is so cute in this pic . Thank you sommarsveridge .

Magnus lost in the fist round against Lisnard but after a great fight . He has 1 match point at 5/3 in the fifth set .

misyou25
10-04-2003, 06:30 PM
Any quick infos about Magnus?

misyou25
10-04-2003, 08:36 PM
Which movies does he like? Music, meal, animal...

star
01-04-2004, 05:29 PM
This is quite old news........ from Dec. 19. But, this really looks like the end for Magnus. He said if he couldn't play without pain he was going to give up tennis. :sad: And now he's not playing the AO.

Former world number two Magnus Norman is likely to miss next month's Australian Open because of a hip injury.

"Magnus has tried almost everything and the situation has not improved," Norman's coach Mikael Tillstrom said.

The Swede reached the French Open final in 2000 but his career has been hampered by injury since his first hip surgery in August 2001.

The 27-year-old is now ranked 125 in the world.

CanadianBoy18
01-04-2004, 08:22 PM
:sad:

Ma. Estefania
01-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Yeah, I read that too.....then well, no Magnus at the AO again. :sad: :sad: :sad:

But I'll keep trusting in a comeback from his part, until the day he announces his retirement....

I love you Magnus. :sad:

Ma. Estefania
01-10-2004, 12:00 AM
About his fave music....one of his fave bands is U2.

And about food, he likes a lot to eat fish.

Kristen
01-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Spoke to Jonas in Sydney today... he said that Magnus had surgery again, very recently...and so he wasn't able to fly anywhere for tournaments. This ruled him out of Davis Cup in February. Doh! *sorry to bring the news :-/ )

amethyst
01-10-2004, 03:22 PM
That´s terrible. It would be a shame if Magnus had to give up because of all these injuries. He´s such a big fighter and very fair player.

Ma. Estefania
01-11-2004, 04:42 AM
Yeah....the main thing is that he's such a fighter, as you said....come on Magnus... :sad:

star
01-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Spoke to Jonas in Sydney today... he said that Magnus had surgery again, very recently...and so he wasn't able to fly anywhere for tournaments. This ruled him out of Davis Cup in February. Doh! *sorry to bring the news :-/ )

BG, I am very happy for the news. I don't know if Magnus will ever be able to play tennis at an elite level again, but I hope that he can live an active life without pain.

But BG!!!! :woohoo: for speaking to Jonas! He's such a dreamboat. :)

misyou25
01-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Go Magnus!

misyou25
01-25-2004, 06:49 PM
How is magnus feeling now? is he better?

Ma. Estefania
01-25-2004, 11:33 PM
The last think I knew from a Swedish friend is that apparently he's going to have "probably" another surgery at one of his hips again.

Now the most probable thing is that he'll be back for the claycourt season, but already to May/June....then RG is again probably to be missed this year :sad:

misyou25
01-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Oh no! I hope he won't need to do another surgery!

Ma. Estefania
01-26-2004, 10:36 PM
It looks like he IS going to have a surgery again :sad: so he will be out for another 6 months :sad: :sad: :sad:

When am I gonna see Magnus playing well again? :sad:

Kristen
01-29-2004, 09:48 PM
lol star... he was such a cool guy. I met him in 2001, but only very briefly... this year i spoke to him a few times in melbourne, and he's such a good guy! hehe *not that im biased!*

Magnusgirl
01-31-2004, 10:13 AM
Hi bjorkman_girl !!
Did you speak with Magnus or with Bjorkman ???
Because if you had speak with Magnus, I would like that you tell me . Thank you !!

Magnus writte a new letter in his site : magnusnorman.com
He takes news about his surgery .

Ma. Estefania
02-01-2004, 01:42 AM
Bjorkman_Girl talked with Jonas.

Btw...welcome Magnusgirl :wavey:

Kristen
02-01-2004, 05:14 AM
Hi bjorkman_girl !!
Did you speak with Magnus or with Bjorkman ???
Because if you had speak with Magnus, I would like that you tell me . Thank you !!

Magnus writte a new letter in his site : magnusnorman.com
He takes news about his surgery .

haha I'd love to talk to magnus one day. I'm desperate to see him play live. Magnusgirl, you might be interested in this. My friend Christina and I are going to Davis Cup this weekend, in Adelaide: Actually, a number of you might find this informative/helpful:

>I think this group should do something for him. You know create a card >for him or something like that. Show him he's missed and still cared >about. What do you all think??
> =====================================
>if anyone else wants to write something i'd be happy to put them into >a book to give to one of the swedes. i think that'd be a really nice
>gesture and hopefully would cheer him up :) if anyone wants to post
>this message to other groups or forums or anything feel free, just make >sure you send me messages to jagalskarmagnus@hotmail.com before
>wednesday 4th feb cos im leaving at 5am on thursday. Christina

So guys, if you want to pass on messages of luck, and for him to get better soon, feel free to email Christina. If there's any problems with her account, mine is bjorkmangirl @ hotmail.com

Hoping Sweden do well this weekend!
Kristen

Magnusgirl
02-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Ok thank you Bjorkman_girl and Ma. Estefania !!!
Christina is your friend ??? She go in the forum about Magnus , and she told us that she wants to take a card to Magnus . But thank you for the info . I will writte a letter for Magnus that i will send to Christina

See you

Ma. Estefania
02-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Great BG!

I will for sure do it, not now, but hopefully tomorrow....I really want him to know how much missed he is :sad:

Kristen
02-02-2004, 03:59 AM
Hey guys :)

Yeah Christina is my friend, we met in the old ATP chatroom...and went to the 2001 Davis Cup (Aus vs Sweden) together. And we're going to cheer for our boys (the swedes) again...in our aussie accents! My story will be this "born in sweden...lived here the last 15 years :D " Its a blatant lie, but i cant be bothered being harassed by aussie tennis 'fans' (twits who only go for people out of country, not out of attitude or being a good person) <-= am i missing the point of the davis cup 'competition here ;) haha!

Kom igen Sverige!

Magnusgirl
02-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Ok it's great !!!!
Christina has a very good idea , hope that will be beneficial for Magnus !!
See you

misyou25
02-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Magne: Get well soon!

Magnusgirl
02-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Magnus gave an interview in a swedish site where he said that sure, he will come back but he needs two months for begin the training.

Ma. Estefania
02-20-2004, 05:13 PM
Well...at least he'll be back.

Thanx for that info, Magnusgirl. :)

Magnusgirl
02-20-2004, 07:32 PM
you're welcome

Kristen
02-22-2004, 03:23 AM
forgot to tell you guys... we delivered a big envelope with all the letters for magnus, to Mats Wilander on the thursday before davis cup:)

He was more than happy to pass them on :D

Magnusgirl
02-22-2004, 10:41 AM
good news !!

star
02-22-2004, 04:15 PM
forgot to tell you guys... we delivered a big envelope with all the letters for magnus, to Mats Wilander on the thursday before davis cup:)

Oh that's marvelous!! Thank you so much. :)

I'm sure that was very cheering for Nors. :)

Ma. Estefania
02-22-2004, 08:09 PM

Thanx for those good news. :D

Kristen
02-23-2004, 04:04 AM
Oh that's marvelous!! Thank you so much. :)

I'm sure that was very cheering for Nors. :)

I hope so! We gave Mats about 20 letters. I cant describe how lovely Mats was. Honestly, if I was born about 15 years earlier, I think he'd have been a favourite of mine :worship: He seemed really happy to see that Magnus still had heaps of support :D

star
02-23-2004, 02:03 PM
I loved Mats when he was playing. :)

I also love the brotherhood between the Swedish players. In the glory days they would go to each other's matches and cheer. It's not quite the same now, but I still feel them all cheering each other's successes. You don't see any public jealousy or backbiting. It's a tribute to their system really.

Kristen
02-23-2004, 03:23 PM
I loved Mats when he was playing. :)

I also love the brotherhood between the Swedish players. In the glory days they would go to each other's matches and cheer. It's not quite the same now, but I still feel them all cheering each other's successes. You don't see any public jealousy or backbiting. It's a tribute to their system really.

hehe... I only became interested in tennis around 2000/2001 so the only examples of going to each others matches:

2003: Vinciguerra cheering on PimPim in a qualifying match at Aus Open.
2004 Adidas: Jonas, and Asa sitting in between two Swedish matches (pimpim vs ?, and Enqvist vs ?). It was pretty cute actually... Jonas kept turning around to see how the different guys were doing, and when Johansson finished, Jonas went to the side of Thomas' match, and was signing things for little kids! :worship: sweeeet!! hehe
2004 Aus Open: Johan Landsberg and Robin Soderling cheering on Simon Aspelin.
Simon Aspelin cheering on Robin Söderling vs Escude.

Just a few sweet little stories on why the Swedes are so endearing.
You're so right though, my friend posted an article on an interview with jonas... referring to the pat cash:philippoussis debate. "We'd never do that to our own"-JB. Awesome article :)

Now... if only I can see Magnus on the side of a Jonas match. I just want him to at least be fit to travel :) Kom igen Magnus!

star
02-24-2004, 02:37 AM
Yeah, I read those quotes.

They've been a very loyal group even as the membership has changed. Tompa was very supportive of Pim Pim at Memphis.

Btw, LOVED the story that Pim Pim told about his serve looking like his father's serve. :)

Ma. Estefania
02-24-2004, 04:00 AM
It's great to know that there's many more people that like the Swedish players for that, you know, their loyalty to each other, their good relationship, etc. I thought I was the only one to see that....but I was wrong.

I always liked to see the Swedish at Düsseldorf, you know, they all seem so nice and so outgoing at least with each other.....too bad they won't be there this year (it's not that I'm going, nope....I'm very far from there, je je, but it's just that by the pics you can also see how is their relationship, even on the kind of parties)

Kristen
02-24-2004, 04:35 AM
Hey guys... over the next couple of days i'll try to get some of my davis cup pictures on here... some pics of what the swedes were doing just as jonas won the match against philippoussis. I'll start a new thread for it ^_^

star
02-24-2004, 02:04 PM
It's great to know that there's many more people that like the Swedish players for that, you know, their loyalty to each other, their good relationship, etc. I thought I was the only one to see that....but I was wrong.

I always liked to see the Swedish at Düsseldorf, you know, they all seem so nice and so outgoing at least with each other.....too bad they won't be there this year (it's not that I'm going, nope....I'm very far from there, je je, but it's just that by the pics you can also see how is their relationship, even on the kind of parties)

I think that's why it's so great to follow the Swedes. They are such fine characters. It seems like there are spats among all the players of other countries, but the Swedes pull together.

I'm hoping that some of that happens in the U.S. now. This young group of players seem to get along very well right now.

I've been following Swedish players since Bjorn Borg. It's been a little downturn for a couple of years now, but it is so great to see people like Mats getting deeply involved in tennis. Stefan has even stopped being reclusive... although I understand completely why he just wanted to be private for awhile... and he's back as a tournament director and working with young people. It's such a great tradition, it would be a shame to let it lapse.

amethyst
02-24-2004, 07:55 PM
Star, I agree that the Swedes are very likeable persons and make a great team together. But I can´t see that there are "spats" between all other players. I live near Düsseldorf so I´m able to read all the gossip from the World Team Cup in the newspaper and it seems that almost every team has a great time together there (maybe except the german team - they lack of team spirit even at home). And you can see players from many countries watching and supporting each other at tournaments (especially the french players).

star
02-25-2004, 01:25 PM
Yeah. I agree the French players seem to get along well.

The British players... Well, Henman and Rusedski that is... have spats. The Argentine players seem to have spats. The U.S. players in the past have had hard feelings.

I'm not saying that the teams can't get along at times. Even the Australian team gets along like a house afire at times. But there are spats among them too.

But I stick to my opinion that the Swedes are SPECIAL. :inlove:

Ma. Estefania
02-25-2004, 05:05 PM
Totally agree with you, Star. :)

I can't explain what is it, but you definitely can perceive that their relationship with each other is not as the players from other countries.

misyou25
02-28-2004, 05:32 PM
the swedish are so nice:)

misyou25
02-28-2004, 05:33 PM
great guys

Ma. Estefania
02-29-2004, 03:44 AM
Totally agree :)

Sommarsverige
02-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Hi guys!

I have not visited this site for a while, but my computer did not open the site for a long time, don´t know what was wrong...

I am also so sad that Magnus had to do a surgery again and I really hope that he will beat them all when he finally can start to play tennis again. Let´s keep our fingers crossed...

Some of you where talking about the World TEam Cup in Duesseldorf: Does anybody know if there is still a chance that our Swedes will participate this year???? I really hope so!

star
02-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Nice picture. :)

Does he still have that same girlfriend? I never got a good vibe from her. The former Miss Sweden... with dark hair?

amethyst
02-29-2004, 07:38 PM
Hi Sommarsverige, I´m sorry to say that Sweden has no chance to participate in World Team Cup this year because it´s not one of the 7 best teams by end of 2003. And the wildcard will go to Germany. Even if a qualified team will not show up, there are several higher ranked teams than Sweden which would move up.

Ma. Estefania
02-29-2004, 11:32 PM
Does he still have that same girlfriend? I never got a good vibe from her. The former Miss Sweden... with dark hair?

No, Star. He isn't dating her anymore. I read that last year somewhere. Well....I never got a good vibe from her either, I remember I looked for pics of her at google, and there were many whore-type pics to say it in a nice way :rolleyes:

Ma. Estefania
02-29-2004, 11:33 PM
About Sweden's absence at Düsseldorf....yeah, it's a pity :sad: there are always so great pics of them at that tournament :sad:

star
03-01-2004, 05:19 AM
No, Star. He isn't dating her anymore. I read that last year somewhere. Well....I never got a good vibe from her either, I remember I looked for pics of her at google, and there were many whore-type pics to say it in a nice way :rolleyes:

Oh really???

Actually that gives me a better idea of her. She looked so prissy when she was claping for him and the way she sat there. .... So miss prim has a saucy side.

Guga's ex posed for playboy... maybe it's something tennis players look for in girl friends.

Too bad Martina couldn't stay with Magnus. I think he was the best boyfriend she had.

Ma. Estefania
03-01-2004, 04:01 PM
She looked so prissy when she was claping for him and the way she sat there. .... So miss prim has a saucy side.

Yeah, that's why I always found her a bit fake, you know... :o

About Marti....oh don't even remember me that, those were such good times :sad: Magnus was the most hansome boyfriend she ever had, and as you said the best IMO too. :sad:

misyou25
03-03-2004, 02:40 PM
he and martina! awful! poor man:)

misyou25
03-05-2004, 08:09 PM
what is with magnus' hip now?

Ma. Estefania
03-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Don't know.....I haven't got noticed of anything else.

Ma. Estefania
03-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Btw....I have found these last 2 pics of Magnus, it looks like he's trying to relax while he waits to be back.

Kristen
03-09-2004, 02:07 AM
My friend Christina read a message on a magnus forum written by a girl in south america. She wrote about an interview she heard on the radio, saying that magnus was following scores on the internet, but found it too painful to watch it on tv. He's very happy to see the young swedes doing so well and according to this girl, magnus has said that this will be his last attempt to heal, and come back to the tour.

I hope for the best, but I don't know how likely it is he'll return.

star
03-09-2004, 05:48 AM
Magnus camping???? That looks more like Magnus playing golf.. lol.

Thanks for the pictures, Ma. Estefinia!!

And thanks for the news BG!

Ma. Estefania
03-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Sorry, star....it's just I put whatever name to them.....I was hurried that day

misyou25
03-09-2004, 08:42 PM
magnus and camping... :)

misyou25
03-31-2004, 08:58 PM
where are all his fans? is he feeling better?

star
04-01-2004, 01:18 AM
Sorry, star....it's just I put whatever name to them.....I was hurried that day

Is ok. :)

I just thought it was funny.

CanadianBoy18
04-14-2004, 07:35 PM
I miss Magnus!
Will he be coming back?

Ma. Estefania
04-14-2004, 11:40 PM
Oh don't even tell that to me......I miss him a lot too. :sad:

Kristen
04-15-2004, 06:52 AM
I don't know if he'll be coming back, but I havent heard anything from him or his fans (on websites) for a few months. The last message he wrote on his website was back in January (19th) so I don't think things look very promising. I hope Mats remembered to give him all those letters we gave to him in February! :wavey:

Magnusgirl
04-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Hi !!
Maybe, he will be back for the tournament of Bastad but i'm not sure.
Magnus was in Florida for the Davis Cup last week to encourage the swedish players.

I hope also that Mats didn't forget ....

misyou25
04-16-2004, 07:13 PM
well, at leats he's there..... but he will play in bastad, that's positive!!!!

Ma. Estefania
04-17-2004, 12:24 AM
Thanx for those news, girls. :)

Kristen
05-30-2004, 06:55 AM
Happy Birthday Magnus! :wavey:

enqvistfan
05-30-2004, 10:34 AM
Yes, happy birthday Magnus !!

Magnus comments for Eurosport Sweden Roland-Garros but I haven't seen him :(

misyou25
05-30-2004, 06:10 PM
happy birthday

misyou25
05-30-2004, 06:11 PM
eurosport? in switzerland is his ex gilrfriend hingis at eurosport... grrrrr

enqvistfan
05-30-2004, 06:32 PM
eurosport? in switzerland is his ex gilrfriend hingis at eurosport... grrrrr

Yes, I saw Martina in Roland-Garros. I thought I'd have seen Magnus during the matches of the Swedes. Well, I hope he'll be back soon. We miss him

Ma. Estefania
05-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Happy Birthday Magnus :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Still loving ya! :inlove:

And yeah....Marti is at Eurosport, and she's looking beautiful as always. I wish we could see much more from Magnus, as I keep seeing of Marti.

Sommarsverige
05-30-2004, 11:33 PM
Magnus, grattis på din födelsedag och jag hoppas så mycket att det blir comeback i Båstad, jag håller så mycket tummarna för dig!!
Hoppas du hade en jätte trevlig födelsedag:-))

misyou25
06-01-2004, 04:48 PM
i hate her... she's terrible. so boring (well, only for those who understand her, maybe)

Sommarsverige
06-01-2004, 07:22 PM
Sorry for this, but this was just a birthday greeting to Magnus.
I guess this is no problem when I write this in Swedish, or?

As there are not many sites left where you write words to him, I decided to do it here. So many people writing in Spanish on this site, so why should I not write in Swedish???

enqvistfan
06-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Don't worry Sommar Sverige !! I think Magnus needs the support of everyone writing in Svensk, English, Spanish or French.

I understood your words :))

Valérie

WaynesWorld
06-01-2004, 08:40 PM
I totally agree with Enqvistfan and Sommarssverige. Magnus needs all the support he can get and it doesn´t matter in which language.
So happy birthday and all the best from me too!!! Can´t wait to see him back on the tour!!!

kandykane
06-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Can someone tell me more about him? i got to know him in 2000, when he was seriously hot, and cute. then i just know he had injuries, then i never heard much of him again... it'd be really sad if he quits now, coz he was great!

and when was he Martina's Bf? was that b4 2000?

Sommarsverige
06-27-2004, 04:14 PM
@kandykane
Well, if you have questions about Magnus, just ask me...
He was Martinas boyfriend in 2000. They have been together since the French Open in
2000 and seperated during the Olympic Games in Sydney.

Toppu
06-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Yeah and I'm glad they broke up. Hingis seemd to be a bf killer, although she's nice. Almost every male players dating her have struggled in their tennis career. J.Alonzo and Magnus for example. Magnus is a bit luckier because J.Alonzo is now a barely known player. GOT SEI DANK , she now belongs to her skiteacher.

kandykane
06-28-2004, 12:01 PM
He was Martinas boyfriend in 2000. They have been together since the French Open in
2000 and seperated during the Olympic Games in Sydney.

wow, that was a quick one.

thanx Sommarsverige, for answering.
does he has a site that actually works? i tried to search for one in google yesterday, but none worked.... probably has a problem with my computer.. :confused:

Kristen
06-28-2004, 02:03 PM
the ones like magnusnorman.com... nothing'sbeen happening so there's no real need to update the site i guess. Try www.supernorman.com its a fan site which would no doubt have any new info there is... or the ifmn site (dont know the url). Sorry I cant be more helpful

enqvistfan
06-28-2004, 07:15 PM
supernorman.com is not available anymore, but the IFMN forum is still available, here's the URL
http://ifmn.proboards13.com/

You'll find some news about him !!

Valérie

the ones like magnusnorman.com... nothing'sbeen happening so there's no real need to update the site i guess. Try www.supernorman.com its a fan site which would no doubt have any new info there is... or the ifmn site (dont know the url). Sorry I cant be more helpful

Ma. Estefania
06-29-2004, 12:44 AM
Yeah....www.supernorman.com isn't available anymore, it was a nice site, though it wasn't that active, but still....there were great pics. :)

misyou25
06-29-2004, 03:37 PM
poor magnus... when was his last operation? in the hip?

Sommarsverige
06-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Magnus last surgery on the hip was in January.

@Valerie/enqvistfan
Thank you for the info with the IFMN fanboard. I did not know that the board at least is working, so this is great news!

I don´t know any other sites either. But I know there has been a site from a boy in Hongkong. This was also pretty good, but I don´t know the url and don´t know if it´s updated anymore.
Well, I will go to Båstad in 2 days and really hope that Magnus is at least there:-))
Maybe he will commentate for Swedish TV again??

Magnusgirl
06-30-2004, 09:48 PM
Magnus last surgery on the hip was in January.

@Valerie/enqvistfan
Thank you for the info with the IFMN fanboard. I did not know that the board at least is working, so this is great news!

I don´t know any other sites either. But I know there has been a site from a boy in Hongkong. This was also pretty good, but I don´t know the url and don´t know if it´s updated anymore.
Well, I will go to Båstad in 2 days and really hope that Magnus is at least there:-))
Maybe he will commentate for Swedish TV again??

The site from the boy of Hongkong is: http://magnus-norman.hk.st but he is not updated often. But there is great pics of Mag and the story of the meeting between the boy and Magnus, it's very interessant.
Have a good days in Bastad Sommarsverige and hope that Magnus will be there.

kandykane
07-01-2004, 02:15 AM
thanx guys! for all those info!!

misyou25
07-03-2004, 10:10 AM
kandykane...on your av...is that magnus?

Ma. Estefania
07-03-2004, 11:06 PM
No, dear. It's Guille. :)

sem4
07-05-2004, 11:47 AM
:worship: :worship: MAGNUS !! MAGNUS !! :worship: :worship:

kandykane
07-06-2004, 10:01 AM
yeah.. it's guille in my avatar...

anyways, has any of you swedes seen Magnus at Bastad?? is he watching in the stands?

Sommarsverige
07-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Yes, Magnus is in Båstad, I have seen him several times.
You have to check out the Swedish paper Aftonbladet. There is an article about him in which he has written that he is really thinking about giving up now, cos he has still pain in his hip.
He will visit a doctor in Stockholm on wednesday again and then they will see. But Magnus said there is no possibility to do a surgery or so again.

I really hope he won´t give up!
Tennis without him is really not the same!

Greetings from Båstad.

Björki
07-06-2004, 02:01 PM
that are not great news about Magnus :(
Did you already talk to him?

how is the weather in Bastad? :)

misyou25
07-07-2004, 09:54 AM
poor magne... but now he can do something else...i bet tennis is not the only thing he likes doing...hmmm. bandy isnt possible too... poor magne

amethyst
07-07-2004, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the news, Sommarsverige! It would be a shame if he had to end his career. But playing in constant pain would be too frustrating.

enqvistfan
07-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Hello, yesterday, I bought the second French Tennis Magazine "Court Central" and there's a fan who sent an email to ask news of Magnus. Apparently, the mag contacted him and he sent a reply. I attached the letter and reply and here's the translation

From http://www.courtcentral.fr

I'm wondering where Magnus Norman is

I like a lot your website and the magazine Court Central. I'd like to ask you a question, I don't find any reply despite of all my researches : how is Magnus Norman, one of my favourite players ? I know that he should have operated in January. When will he back on tour ? Please give me some news !! Thanks in advance and kisses to the Court Central Team.

The magazine : We asked him some news. He replied by email.

From Magnus Norman :

Thanks a lot for taking care of my health. I can't really say when I'll be back. At the moment, I'm hitting the ball but I still have a pain with my hip due to a problem of cartilage. The X-ray showed a torn of the labrum and the cartilage. I've been operated in January. Since, I'm working in Monte-Carlo with my coach (who is French) Olivier Castille. I hope I'll be able to come back at 100 % on the ATP Tour. I miss the competition and my mates. See you soon.

Magnus Norman

In the mag, there's also a letter i sent during the last Stockholm Open where i mention my website about Enqvist, and there's a report about the Swedish Tennis, the problems they have to have players in the top of the rankings.

misyou25
07-12-2004, 08:07 PM
where is it? cant find it

misyou25
07-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Sommarsverige: where is the pic taken of magne (on your a.)

Sommarsverige
07-14-2004, 02:23 PM
The pic on my avater was taken last year in Duesseldorf:-))

Really hope that Magnus can play again!
Right now he is in Monte Carlo and tries to practice!

misyou25
07-14-2004, 10:57 PM
sweet pic...just the hair...too "fluffy":)
thanks for the info... he has to play stockholm!

Ma. Estefania
07-18-2004, 04:24 AM
Lovely pic of Magnus that one of your avatar, Sommarsverige....

I hadn't seen it before :confused: Where did you get it?

misyou25
07-18-2004, 01:40 PM
the hair looks... grrr

misyou25
07-18-2004, 02:02 PM
any chance he'll play in stockholm??

misyou25
07-20-2004, 03:33 PM
well, now i wonder, is it still actual that hell come back (or trying) or did he give up already????

misyou25
07-20-2004, 07:41 PM
and does sb have a pic of his brother?

Sommarsverige
07-27-2004, 09:39 AM
@Ma. Estefania
The Magnus pic on my avater was taken by myself. So this is probably why you have not seen this pic before.

I have a pic of Marcus, but it is in a newspaper and I have to scan it.
Can take some time as my PC at home is not working, but you will get it.
I think Marcus and Magnus look very similar.

misyou25
07-28-2004, 12:44 AM
thanks...really? lol...is he married? lol... thanks and dont stress!

Ma. Estefania
07-28-2004, 12:54 AM
@Ma. Estefania
The Magnus pic on my avater was taken by myself. So this is probably why you have not seen this pic before.

I have a pic of Marcus, but it is in a newspaper and I have to scan it.
Can take some time as my PC at home is not working, but you will get it.
I think Marcus and Magnus look very similar.

Thanks for that extra info, and also for that great pic of Magnus, SS. :)

About Markus, I must say that yes, that he and Magnus look quite similar, the main difference IMO is that Magnus is blonde, meanwhile Markus I think has quite darker hair than Magnus; but their face is pretty similar. Handsome guys ;)

misyou25
07-28-2004, 07:10 PM
wow...yes... wonder the parents..must be goolooking too:)

Sommarsverige
07-31-2004, 02:38 PM
I also hope that Magnus will play the Stockholm Open, but I think the chances are not so big. He said in an interview in Båstad that there is no chance for a comeback within the next 2 months. Okay, Stockholm is not in the next 2 months, but as he has still pain when he is practising, I cannot imagine it will go so soon with a comeback.

And yes, Leif and Lena Norman are goodlooking. I think she looks better than him, but it´s for sure from who Magnus and Marcus have their good looking:-)))

misyou25
07-31-2004, 08:02 PM
poor magnus...at least hes good-looking:) but why he doesnt think so????????

Magnusgirl
08-02-2004, 01:29 PM
I find a pic of Marcus, the link is there : http://membres.lycos.fr/tjohansson/images/magnus_marcus.jpg

Yeah Marcus is very goodlooking, like his brother.

misyou25
08-03-2004, 12:30 PM
oh no...magnus is better looking! is he the otherm an with the brown hair? no...magnus looks better

misyou25
08-03-2004, 12:31 PM
thanks anyway for the pic

Ma. Estefania
08-03-2004, 11:54 PM
Thanx for the pic, though I had already seen it, and yes....that's the only one I have ever seen of Marcus...

kandykane
08-09-2004, 06:52 AM
hehe, i think Magnus looks better

Sommarsverige
08-09-2004, 01:17 PM
No more news about Magnus???

Ma. Estefania:
Do you know if Marnie will update her website again? I think you had good contact to her, or? I liked her page, but it´s so sad that only the message board is working right now. If I would had a bit more knowledge of such stuff, I would also like to create a homepage about Magnus. But maybe somewhere in the future:-)

kandykane
08-09-2004, 02:14 PM
hey Sommarsverige, i love your avatar!! can you please please post that pic?? :hug:

misyou25
08-09-2004, 06:59 PM
lol...yes, its lovely... no news? is no news a good or bad sign?

Kristen
08-10-2004, 03:25 AM
basically all his fansites are defunct... i cant access magnusnorman.com
Personally i dont think he'll be back. If he was going to be back any time soon we'd be hearing about him training for his 'comeback' since he's one of the most popular guys. Has anyone written to the people at the ATP site for info? I think they'd be the most helpful, along with the Swedish Tennis Association http://www.tennis.se

I think we should look more towards 2005 than anytime soon.

Sommarsverige
08-10-2004, 03:03 PM
I think you are right Bjorkman_Girl
I guess Magnus unfortunately won´t comeback this year,
but in fact I would be so happy if he at least will come back some day.
For me the ATP tour is not the same without him:-((

@kandykane
I can post the pic in some days, I am at work right now.

misyou25
08-10-2004, 04:40 PM
i hope he wont give up cos hes 28 by now and he is still not really fit... tennis is not the same, youre right. lets hope hell come back next year!

alfonsojose
08-10-2004, 05:21 PM
I like him really a lot. I miss him :sad:

Ma. Estefania
08-13-2004, 01:46 AM
Ma. Estefania:
Do you know if Marnie will update her website again? I think you had good contact to her, or? I liked her page, but it´s so sad that only the message board is working right now.

Hey SS,

So sorry to reply back that late, but though you're right, yes, I used to be close to Marnie, but with the pass of time, and specially since Magnus isn't playing, I've lost contact with her, and haven't known that much from her.....and yes, it's such a pity her page is in a stand by right now...I really used to enjoy it. She has so cool pics there. :confused:

misyou25
08-15-2004, 01:07 PM
is magnus in athens (watching)?

Sommarsverige
08-16-2004, 04:59 PM
I don´t think that Magnus is in Athens, but of course I don´t know exactly.
'But I guess he is mostly focusing on practising hopefully soon again, I think he is in Monte Carlo.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-18-2004, 06:21 AM
i was looking around at olympic tennis stuff, and i found that Norman was in the 2000 olympics, and he was seeded 3! i was a little surprised, cause i didn't really know he was that good (i wasn't very much into tennis then as i am now) It's really sad that he's not well enough to be in these games (although if he were, im sure he'd be in enqvist's place, or would he take Jonas's place?) i really hope he comes back, but i had a dream where i was talking to Joachim and i asked him about Magnus, and if he'd be back, and joachim said no. it was sad, and i hope my dream doesn't come true (except the part where i get to be with Joachim, lol)

Ma. Estefania
08-21-2004, 05:11 AM
LOL to your dream....anyway welcome here. :)

misyou25
08-24-2004, 06:57 AM
not a very nice dream:/ but hope youll meat him! and ask him and hell say yes:)

misyou25
08-28-2004, 09:41 PM
what's new?

misyou25
08-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Magnus isnt ranked anymore... what does it mean??????

Francine
08-29-2004, 11:59 AM
That he hasn't played any tournaments in the last 12 months, I guess.

misyou25
08-29-2004, 03:13 PM
maybe. i hope so. im just afraid he will stop playing :crying2:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-04-2004, 02:01 AM
hey i met a guy the other day that looks like Magnus Norman. it's cool. but he wasn't very nice to me. but that's ok, i'm a bitch, and that's what he called me, so i don't blame him.

kandykane
09-04-2004, 07:14 AM
i miss him :sad:

misyou25
09-05-2004, 12:27 PM
oh... i think i saw magnus at the us open in the match johansson kiefer cheering for johansson and standing up when he finally made a pont :o

Sommarsverige
09-05-2004, 03:34 PM
I really miss Magnus too :( :(
It´s so hard that you don´t hear anything and have no idea,
if he is better and maybe can practise for real again.

missyou25: I think it´s very possible that Magnus is in New York
and supports the other Swedes.
But though I don´t know if it´s a good or a bad sign :confused: :confused:

misyou25
09-05-2004, 05:58 PM
good sign. cos when he stopps playing he will probably be davis cup chef:)

misyou25
09-05-2004, 05:58 PM
maybe hes already training with the swedes????

William
09-06-2004, 06:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

Long time no see, I am William, the webmaster of magnus-norman.hk.st
I used to have contact with Marcus since he left a private message in my webpage, he USED TO tell me lots of things about Magnus, but since then we haven't that much contact, and I think it's time to have a try and ask him the recent state of Magnus.......
We all want him to be back on court so bad

misyou25
09-06-2004, 04:12 PM
great! do that!

misyou25
09-13-2004, 04:58 PM
some new news (lol)

Ma. Estefania
09-14-2004, 04:09 AM
Finally some news about him... :D

Aphex
09-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Nors was on Swedish TV yesterday together with Andreas Vinciguerra. He said he decided to quit tennis this summer but couldn't do it because he loved it so much. Since then he's been practising for a come-back and he seemed hopeful. Vinci is also making progress. Soon the Swedish clay team is BACK!!!

misyou25
09-15-2004, 06:00 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!thanks a lot

amethyst
09-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the good news about Magnus! I hope so much we can see him again!

Sommarsverige
09-16-2004, 07:05 AM
@Aphex
Thanks for this great news!
I am so angry that I missed Nors and Vinci on SVT!
Do you know if there is a chance that they will repeat it?
Was it on SVT 1 or TV 4?
You did not tape it, or?

Aphex
09-18-2004, 06:55 AM
It was a shortie on tv4. I didn't tape it, sorry. I was caught by surprise.

misyou25
09-18-2004, 11:26 AM
oh, magnus! i hope so badly hell come back as soon as hes fit again!

Björki
09-29-2004, 09:43 AM
go to http://www.stockholmopen.se/

Who would you like to give a Wild Card to if... Stockholm Open 2004?

Ervin Elaskovic
Magnus Norman
Björn Rehnquist
Andreas Vinciguerra

I voted for Nors just in case he'd able to play....

Kristen
09-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Thanks for posting this Björki!
I've voted for Vinciguerra... though Rehnquist would also be a good choice. But, if I wanted a big drawcard, I'd pick Magnus for sure.

Sommarsverige
09-29-2004, 11:30 AM
I voted, of course, for Magnus! *gg*

misyou25
09-29-2004, 03:16 PM
46% magnus:)))))))) hurray

Sommarsverige
09-30-2004, 07:54 AM
Äntligen comeback
Nu siktar Norman på spel i Stockholm Open
Exakt ett år har gått sen sist.
Nu hoppas Magnus Norman göra comeback - i Stockholm Open 23-31 oktober.
- Det skulle passa tidsmässigt, säger tennisstjärnan.

2004-09-30
Stockholm Open väcker långt ifrån ljuva minnen hos Magnus Norman. Förra gången, 2002, åkte han ut i första omgången mot marockanen Hicham Arazi.
En ny chans skulle kunna ändra på det.
Norman, en gång världstvåa, lär inte ha några problem att få ett av turneringens tre wild cards.
- Jag hade precis spelat final i en turnering i Tokyo och var lite sjuk, inte så mycket att säga om. Men revansch - nej. Jag har inget att bevisa med en comeback, skulle jag komma tillbaka gör jag det för att jag älskar att tävla och spela mot de bästa i världen, förklarar Filipstadssonen.
* Är det bara för att det är Stockholm Open eller för att det passar bra i tid?
- Självklart skulle det vara kul att göra come back på hemmaplan i en turnering som Stockholm Open. Men egentligen är det för att det passar tidsmässigt, runt fyra veckor framåt. Att det blir Stockholm är inte säkert, det kan bli någon vecka senare också.
NÄR VF-SPORTEN når honom ligger han, Thomas Enqvist och Andreas Vinciguerra på ett träningsläger strax utanför Monte Carlo. Norman är inne på sin sjätte tuffa träningsvecka - och det känns i höften som han opererade i januari.
- Det gör mig lite orolig att det känns när jag tar i. Vissa dagar är det okej, vissa dagar ömt. Och jag vill inte riskera något för framtiden, det finns ett liv efter tennisen också, säger Norman som med sju operationer i bakhuvudet inte vågar ta ut någon comeback i förskott.
- Meningen är att jag ska fortsätta så här i ytterligare några veckor och sen göra en utvärdering tillsammans med min läkare Per Renström i Stockholm.
Utifrån den ska Magnus Norman ta beslutet.
Comeback eller inte.
Omstart på tenniskarriären eller ett definitivt slut.
* Vad lutar det åt nu?
- Bortsett från att jag stör mig lite på stelheten känns det riktigt bra. Jag har kört för fullt i sex veckor. Hårt, fyra timmar om dagen. Precis som jag måste om jag ska tillbaka till toppen. Jag kör set och game och förlorade häromdagen med 5-7 mot Enqvist så spelmässigt är det bättre än vad jag hade hoppats på. Men jag vågar inte tro något än.
* Vad skulle du kunna tänka dig om det inte blir någon tenniskarriär?
- Tja, jag hoppade ju av skolan efter nian så det blir väl någon utbildning. Skulle gärna syssla med affärer runt tennis, kanske agentverksamhet. Internationellt har jag ett gångbart namn.
* Blir detta i Sverige eller Monte Carlo?
- Jag har bott i Monte i åtta år och tycker mer och mer om det. Skatteläget i Sverige är inte heller det bästa, men nej. När det väl är dags vill jag inte att mina barn ska växa upp i Monte Carlo. Stockholm passar mig bra.
Ända fram till barn och en ny karriär vill inte Magnus Norman tänka än.
För just nu gäller bara en sak.
Klättringen tillbaka mot toppen.
- Den här veckan var det exakt ett år sedan jag tävlade sist. Uppvärmning, match, spela mot de allra bästa. Jag saknar det så fruktansvärt mycket.

I just found this article in a regional paper of the region where Magnus comes from.
The main points are that he is really thinking about a comeback in Stockholm.
He cannot say it to 100% yet, he says it can also be some weeks later, but he is at a tennis camp in Monaco right now with Vinci and Tompa.
The practice for Magnus goes quite well, even if he says that he sometimes still has a bit of pain in the hip. Nevertheless, in a practice match against Tompa Magnus lost only with 5:7.
After this camp, Magnus will meet his doctor and they will decide definitely about the comeback plans.

I think this sounds so great and I am so happy that there is still hope for Magnus and a tennis carreer!
This has really saved my day :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Kristen
09-30-2004, 08:43 AM
OMG. Magnus... Vinci... *sweet, hard hitting Vinci* lol!
I think I'll have to go post this in the Jonas + Swedes group ;) I'll give you credit of course. lol Im so excited :woohoo: Thanks for the news! Kristen.

Björki
09-30-2004, 09:05 AM
that would be great if Nors would play in Stockholm :D

enqvistfan
09-30-2004, 02:31 PM
I've just voted for Magnus. Hope they'll give him a WC !!

misyou25
09-30-2004, 09:05 PM
juhuuuuuuu! so i can enjoy my holiday!:yippee::yippee::yippee:

amethyst
10-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Great to hear a comeback seems possible :bounce:

misyou25
10-07-2004, 12:29 AM
any news?

Sommarsverige
10-07-2004, 07:19 AM
No, unfortunately not!
But I am checking the Swedish papers and sites everyday, so as soon as there is something new I will post it here.
Anyway, I think he won´t hear anything new until one week before Stockholm, as Magnus said he will do a last check then and decide if he will play or not.

misyou25
10-07-2004, 10:52 AM
thanks for doing this... i think all magnus fans apprciate what u do... esp they who dont live in sweden:/

Sommarsverige
10-07-2004, 12:18 PM
misyou25: No problem! I like to do this, as Magnus is my favourite player since so many years ago and as I maybe have some advantage because I know Swedish, I can give the information to all the other fans;-)
So if you have any questions, you can always ask me *smile*

misyou25
10-11-2004, 02:39 PM
:) thanks

misyou25
10-14-2004, 05:06 PM
any news?

Chris-swede
10-14-2004, 08:06 PM
There was a news in a swedish newspaper, but i did not understand it. It was something about, that he is coming back or really has to quit tennis. But i cannot tell u what is right!

Björki
10-15-2004, 08:18 AM
There was a news in a swedish newspaper, but i did not understand it. It was something about, that he is coming back or really has to quit tennis. But i cannot tell u what is right!
can u plaese post it here?! Sommarsverige will probably be so kind
to translate the topics :worship:

misyou25
10-15-2004, 10:17 AM
oh yes! please! we all wanna know

Sommarsverige
10-15-2004, 01:23 PM
I did not find something, but please chris-swede post it.
I will try to translate it, but I will fly to Madrid tomorrow morning.
Maybe I will try to translate it in Madrid, otherwise you have to wait one more week:-((

Sorry!

Kristen
10-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Madrid!
You lucky thing ;)

Björki
10-15-2004, 02:31 PM
I did not find something, but please chris-swede post it.
I will try to translate it, but I will fly to Madrid tomorrow morning.
Maybe I will try to translate it in Madrid, otherwise you have to wait one more week:-((

Sorry!
have a lot of fun :D

Chris-swede
10-15-2004, 04:35 PM
I read it on tennis.se, but now it is gone! I cannot find it back! :(

misyou25
10-17-2004, 09:55 AM
wow.....madrid!

Canuck_Chick
10-17-2004, 04:41 PM
have fun in madrid!! :wavey:

Sommarsverige
10-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Hi everyone!
Any news about Nors? Right now we are sitting in an Internet cafe in
Madrid;-) I am so interested in any Magnus news, but here zou don¡t get to know it.
But I will not complain though, as all the other swedes are here...

misyou25
10-21-2004, 09:12 PM
any news?

Chris-swede
10-21-2004, 09:48 PM
I do not know! Stockholmopen are nearly beginning and ive no idea whos gonna getting the wildcards. :confused:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-21-2004, 10:16 PM
all i know is Magnus better get one!! i'm so excited that i might get to see him play again!! which means there will be new pictures of him! how exciting!!! i wonder how he looks (hairstyle, etc.)!!!

Sommarsverige
10-21-2004, 11:52 PM
No news in any papers! I really wonder when he will decide if he plays or not¿¿¿¿

enqvistfan
10-22-2004, 10:42 PM
Still no news on the official website of the Stockholm OPEN. I think we'll know everything tomorrow when the main draw will be available.

Val

enqvistfan
10-23-2004, 08:32 AM
No wild-card for Magnus :(((

[From the if..Stockholm OPEN]

Wild Cards to Carlsen, Eleskovic and Ryderstedt
Ervin Eleskovic, Michael Ryderstedt and the Dane Kenneth Carlsen have received Wild Cards for the Main Draw at the if… Stockholm Open.

19-year old Ryderstedt from Stockholm has cracked the top 250 this autumn, thanks to impressive results on the Challenger circuit. This will be the young Swede´s first appearance ever in the Main Draw of an ATP tournament.

Ervin Eleskovic, who is born in 1987, is even younger than Ryderstedt. He is the top ranked Swedish junior and a real hard server. Eleskovic has been practising with Team Catella and the head coach, Mats Wilander, as a preparation for the if… Stockholm Open.

Kenneth Carlsen has won Denmarks only ATP title ever. The 31-year old lefthander had his breakthrough at the Australian Open in 1993 when he reached the round of 16. Carlsen is currently number 79 at the INDESIT Entry rankings and has advanced to the semifinals of Shanghai and quarterfinals of Moscow after the US Open.

misyou25
10-24-2004, 03:17 PM
nooo....maybe qualies???

enqvistfan
10-24-2004, 03:35 PM
nooo....maybe qualies???

No, he wasn't in the qualies :(

Sommarsverige
10-24-2004, 03:59 PM
Just nothing in the Swedish papers! I can´t understand what happened.
Maybe he is not fit though, but I cant understand why they do not say anything?????
I really hope they will say something during the coverage of Stockholm Open.

misyou25
10-24-2004, 04:40 PM
i bet he just feels some pain sometimes and he was so resonnable to wait till its better in 2 months maybe and he decided even if stockhom is so important it would be better to wait instead of being injured in 2 weeks already again...i hope its only that... poor magnus

Björki
10-24-2004, 06:59 PM
I saw Magnus today. He is in Stockholm.
Dont know if he will stay longer. I will let u know...

Chris-swede
10-24-2004, 09:42 PM
So Björki! We hope on u that u can find out sth. about Magnus and maybe also Vinciguerra! :cool:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
10-25-2004, 03:58 AM
You saw Magnus?!?!?! how does he look (great, i bet, like usual)??? did you get a chance to talk to him, or anything? was he at the stockholm open, watching, or did you see him in the city? sorry, so many questions, im just so excited that Magnus didn't fall off the face of the earth.

misyou25
10-25-2004, 11:35 AM
lol....:) hope he's watching it at least!

Björki
10-25-2004, 10:17 PM
Magnus looked great.
havent seen him today...

Francine
10-26-2004, 10:09 AM
Take a picture next time!

I remember flashing right into his face during Amersfoort '02, that didn't make really happy, :o.

misyou25
10-27-2004, 09:31 AM
oh....is he blind now ;)

yasi277
10-28-2004, 06:20 PM
I found an article on www.tv4.se... can anyone translate?? Thanks in advance!!

Magnus Norman lägger av

Magnus Norman lägger av med tennisen. Beskedet kom vid en presskonferens under torsdagen.

Norman som nådde final i Franska mästerskapen 2000 har de senaste åren haft stora skadeproblem.

De senaste åren har varit en kamp för att komma tillbaka på tennisbanan. På torsdagen tog den definitivt slut för Magnus Norman.

- Man vet inte vad som kunde hänt annars, det kunde gått riktigt illa i slutändan, säger Norman.

Beskedet var allt annat än oväntat, däremot inte så svårt - eller tungt - som många trott. En bit därifrån förberedde sig Jonas Björkman och Andre Agassi för match i Stockholm Open.

Samtidigt, på ett podium i ett rum i närheten, berättade Norman om sitt beslut.

- Det är ett beslut som känns ganska bra faktiskt. Det har varit tre jobbiga år med skador. Jag har kommit tillbaka men skadan har gjort sig påmind hela tiden, säger Norman.

För Magnus Normans tenniskarriär har de senaste åren handlat mest om rehabilitering och försök till comeback.

För fyra år sedan nådde han sin höjdpunkt i karriären. Det var året då han nådde final i Franska mästerskapen. Där blev det inte seger men väl i fem andra turneringar det året.

Och vid en tidpunkt var han rankad tvåa i världen.

Skadedrabbad

Men framgången hade en baksida, för Magnus Norman har den hetat skador. Precis som hans motståndare i Paris-finalen, Gustavo Kuerten, har han genomgått flera höftoperationer, den senaste i oktober förra året.

Då hade han några veckor tidigare gått till kvartsfinal i Shanghai, det blev också Magnus Normans sista turnering i karriären.

- Jag tog beslutet för tio dagar sedan. Sista röntgen var inte alls så bra och jag tog beslutet i samråd med läkare och min familj. Jag vet hur mycket jag kunde ha plågat mig själv annars för att fortsätta, säger Norman.

Han blir därmed en till i raden av svenska tennisspelare som tvingats ge upp karriären i förtid på grund av skadeproblem.

Inte bitter

Men på torsdagen fanns ingen bitterhet, mera en reflektion över en karriär som ändå blev en av de mesta framgångsrika någonsin bland svenska spelare.

- Jag har många fantastiskt fina minnen. DC-vinsten med Sverige, Paris-finalen, att jag varit rankad så högt som tvåa i världen, att jag fått resa runt i världen.

Vilket är ditt bästa minne?

- Min första ATP-seger i Båstad 1997, det trodde jag aldrig att jag skulle få vara med och vinna en turnering.

Det blev ytterligare elva stycken.

Börjar plugga

Nu flyttar han hem till Stockholm från Monte Carlo för att börja att studera marknadsföring.

Och dörren till tennisvärlden stänger han inte helt.

- Jag skulle gärna vilja jobba med svensk tennis, kanske fungera som mentor för yngre spelare och lära juniorer av de misstag jag gjort, att lyssna på kroppens signaler. Om det är något jag definitivt lärt mig så är det just det.

misyou25
10-28-2004, 06:43 PM
where are the swedes.....

misyou25
10-28-2004, 06:44 PM
no pics in the article?

yasi277
10-28-2004, 06:48 PM
no pics in the article?

unfortunately no pics

I found this on www.reuters.com

Sweden's Former French Open Finalist Norman Retires

By Oliver Grassman
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Sweden's former French Open finalist Magnus Norman announced his retirement Friday, citing a string of injuries for his decision.

"It feels pretty good (to retire)... It's been three years filled with injuries," he said at a news conference held at the Stockholm Open where he has been a spectator.

The 28-year-old lost to Brazil's Gustavo Kuerten after a four-set battle in the French Open final in 2000, his best year when he was ranked second in the world and won five ATP titles.

He won the Rome Masters that year and also reached the Australian Open semifinals, where he lost to Russian Yevgeny Kafelnikov.

For the next three seasons Norman struggled with hip and knee injuries and large parts of those campaigns were written off as he underwent surgery on several occasions.

Although he reached the Tokyo final in 2002 as a qualifier, he never recovered his old form and retires with 12 ATP titles, five of those coming in 1999.

misyou25
10-28-2004, 06:48 PM
lägger av means to stop i think...... i hope im wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marc Rosset is Tall
10-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Norman has retired.

misyou25
10-28-2004, 06:56 PM
i was right. its terrible :sad:

Francine
10-28-2004, 07:14 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Chris-swede
10-28-2004, 07:17 PM
I am shocked but after getting one on one it was to expect somedays,

Goodbye Magnus Norman, one of my youth idols, a great player!!!

Thanks for the nice years, for your 12 titles and especially the great run at the French Open, where u lost a tough Match against Kuerten.

I wish u a better luck in the future, in the rest of your life!!! Perhaps u can do sth. for swedish tennis!!! They need you!!!

So, thanks for a lot of fun, a lot of hard matches!!!

I raise my hat for u!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: