♡♥ Grigor on Clay ♥♡ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

♡♥ Grigor on Clay ♥♡

chantelle
04-13-2012, 09:18 PM
the total schedule of the clay season~~~~

Apr 16 Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters (Qualify) Monte-Carlo, Monaco
☞the qualifying draw
Mikhail Kukushkin(KAZ) vs Arnaud Clement(FRA)
Thomas Drouet(MON) vs Grigor Dimitrov(BUL)

Apr 23 BRD Nastase Tiriac Trophy (ALT #10) Bucharest, Romania

May 02~05 Davis Cup Sofia, Bulgaria

May 07 Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open (ALT #56) Madrid, Spain or Prague Open

May 14 Internazionali BNL d’Italia (ALT #42) Rome, Italy

May 21 Open de Nice Cote D'Azur (ALT #16) Nice, France

May 28 Roland Garros Paris, France

Look forward to another breakthrough :cool:

misty1
04-13-2012, 09:21 PM
he's playing every single week leading to the french? i guess as long as he doesnt make to many deep runs its okay but i think this is a mistake, he's not davydenko who can play literally every week and not get tired

Naudio Spanlatine
04-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Thats a very long clay season for him, i hope he will be ok for the season:unsure:

chantelle
04-13-2012, 09:45 PM
he's playing every single week leading to the french? i guess as long as he doesnt make to many deep runs its okay but i think this is a mistake, he's not davydenko who can play literally every week and not get tired

He is on those tournament entry list(the alternate part....) perhaps he will withdraw from some but those are what I know now. And perhaps it's his new strategy of physical training(to discover his potential to be Davydenko?):devil: He said he will attend 24~25 tournaments this year, but now he had only attended 7(inclu. Hopman cup). Perhaps he wants to win more points by attending more game. Hope he can stay in a place longer than traveling lots of places:unsure:

FedererBulgaria
04-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Good luck

Sonja1989
04-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Good luck!!

Oh and nice title of thread. :)

kr1s71an
04-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Well it's raining today in Monte Carlo, so I guess tomorrow he will have to play 2 matches! Good luck!

chantelle
04-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Good luck!!

Oh and nice title of thread. :)

Thanks, hope it's not too fancy:p

61 63 first round in qualifying, good job but i think he should be better than that

Hypnotize
04-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Good to see him win his first match without too much drama. Looks like it will be Kukushkin next.

misty1
04-15-2012, 03:25 PM
dropped the first set 6-4

nadejda
04-15-2012, 03:57 PM
arghh missed 4 set points and Kuku holds for 5 all
very frustrating break points convertion 0/7

misty1
04-15-2012, 03:59 PM
now faces 2 himself

geansy
04-15-2012, 04:01 PM
arrrghhh

nadejda
04-15-2012, 04:02 PM
DF to give the break
kuku serving for the match

misty1
04-15-2012, 04:03 PM
so he misses 4 set points, then falls behind 15-40 on his serve. He saves those then gifts on the next oppertunity with a dooule fault:o:rolleyes::mad:

this is exactly why he's not going anywhere. When things get tough he still folds mentally. IF he breaks back here i'd be surprised..but kuku is a head case so i guess you never know

nadejda
04-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Grigor :o

misty1
04-15-2012, 04:06 PM
the worst part about it all is that on a number of occasions he has led 15-30 on kukushkin's serve, gotten a second serve and done nothing with it.

as far as i know kukushkin's second serve isnt that great

nadejda
04-15-2012, 04:08 PM
another break point wasted totally 0/9 and lost

misty1
04-15-2012, 04:10 PM
4-6, 5-7

as i said in the GM this match explains why he gets so much hate. So many chances wasted and broken on his one and only double fault after letting 4 set points slip by:o

nadejda
04-15-2012, 04:12 PM
4-6, 5-7

as i said in the GM this match explains why he gets so much hate. So many chances wasted and broken on his one and only double fault after letting 4 set points slip by:o

yes this is very frustrating, VERY
I would have got it a lot easier if he was simply outplayed
but those kind of loses really piss me off and he is doing this regularly :o:mad:

BlueLighthouse
04-15-2012, 04:22 PM
At this rate, he should try challengers to get some points and move up in the ranking instead of trying to qualify to MD of big tournaments.

Hypnotize
04-15-2012, 06:11 PM
It's a tough loss but these things happen. He just needs to pick himself up and get ready for the next tournament.

mlrf11
04-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Ohh - he is plaing in Sofia? Bulgarians, will be there tikets? Are you well informed?
Maybe I can go from 2 to 4 of may... if I find airplane tickets.
But why the davis cup starts on thursday?

Maybe it's a madness - for me it would be so difficut to manage that days...

kr1s71an
04-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Ohh - he is plaing in Sofia? Bulgarians, will be there tikets? Are you well informed?
Maybe I can go from 2 to 4 of may... if I find airplane tickets.
But why the davis cup starts on thursday?

Maybe it's a madness - for me it would be so difficut to manage that days...
The matches start from Thursday, because in the 3rd Europe group there're 4 groups and every nation is playing vs. the others in the group in 3 days. When the matches are over the winners of the four group meet on Sunday in two matches to decide which two nations will advance to 2nd Europe/Africa zone in 2013 :)

About the tickets - I have no idea, because I'm not from Sofia, but I think they can be bought there before the matches :)

And it's still not 100% sure that Grigor will play. He needs it to have a chance of playing the Olympics, but he might decide not to, because he will need anyway to get a lot of points until Roland Garros.

And also at that weekend he should play qualies in Madrid, so he should choose between the two tournaments. We will see :)

misty1
04-16-2012, 08:02 PM
whether or not grigor thinks he can get his ranking up to the point where he can make the olympics will determine what he does probably. He has a really long way to jump to make it there and not alot of time to do it.

Unfortunately i really dont think he'll make it but i am a pecimist so maybe i'm wrong.

I know some wild cards can be handed out but i woudlnt count on him getting one

nadejda
04-16-2012, 08:25 PM
so Grigor, God is sending you a message: Don't work on Easter, right! :( (yesterday was the orthodox Easter):angel:

Good luck in Bucharest;)

chantelle
04-16-2012, 09:30 PM
I firmly believe he will play DC.(Because I had asked him this question last year at Shanghai, and he said "yes" and "remember":D) Considering that he needs to keep lots of points, I guess he may attend the Challenger held in Athens, Prage or Rome instead of Masters Madrid, and the entry list of those tournaments will announce this week. :aplot:

kr1s71an
04-17-2012, 04:02 AM
I firmly believe he will play DC.(Because I had asked him this question last year at Shanghai, and he said "yes" and "remember":D) Considering that he needs to keep lots of points, I guess he may attend the Challenger held in Athens, Prage or Rome instead of Masters Madrid, and the entry list of those tournaments will announce this week. :aplot:
Yeah, that's not such a bad idea. I guess he should skip Madrid and Rome masters and maybe play in the strongest Challengers in those weeks - Prague and Bordeaux :) He really needs to get some points and go up in the rankings again :)

chantelle
04-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah, that's not such a bad idea. I guess he should skip Madrid and Rome masters and maybe play in the strongest Challengers in those weeks - Prague and Bordeaux :) He really needs to get some points and go up in the rankings again :)

he's on the entry list of Prague, hope he can win this Challenger

chantelle
04-20-2012, 05:12 AM
Apr 23 BRD Nastase Tiriac Trophy (ALT #10) Bucharest, Romania[/COLOR]

He's in the main draw now!!!Go go Grisho!!!

nadejda
04-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Main Draw

[1] Gilles Simon (FRA) bye
Dudi Sela (ISR) - Adrian Ungur (ROU)
[WC] Marius Copil (ROU) - Tobias Kamke (GER)
[WC] Gabriel Moraru (ROU) - [7] Lukasz Kubot (POL)

[4] Viktor Troicki (SRB) bye
Matthias Bachinger (GER) - Filippo Volandri (ITA)
[WC] Victor Crivoi (ROU) - Qualifier
Qualifier - [8] Ivan Dodig (CRO)

[6] Andreas Seppi (ITA) - Qualifier
Qualifier - Cedrik-Marcel Stebe (GER)
Fabio Fognini (ITA) - Joao Souza (BRA)
[3] Jurgen Melzer (AUT) bye

[5] Marcos Baghdatis (CYP) - Potito Starace (ITA)
Jeremy Chardy (FRA) - Lukas Lacko (SVK)
Xavier Malisse (BEL) - Grigor Dimitrov (BUL)
[2] Florian Mayer (GER) bye

misty1
04-21-2012, 01:12 PM
QF is there for the taking. Both malisse and mayer have been crap all season

but then it gets tricky

nadejda
04-21-2012, 01:30 PM
I really wish to see a remake of his match with Mayer. Last year he missed the chance to get him, but now it is the time! Not sure how is Malisse doing lately, he is very talented and may be a trouble.

Hypnotize
04-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Not a bad draw although Malisse has been unpredictable his whole career. He can go months losing to anyone then he suddenly catches fire and causes an upset. I'm confident Grigor can win this though and progress quite far. I'm also hoping Marius Copil can win his 1st round match as he's another young player with a nice game.

RandyE
04-23-2012, 04:03 AM
Agreed - Malisse is very unpredictable these days. Hopefully he'll be off a bit, but we'll see. Mayer is definitely as big of a threat on clay, so I think he's got a great chance for the Quarters. For some reason I have a good feeling about this tournament...hopefully it won't be too disappointing.

kr1s71an
04-23-2012, 04:47 AM
His match with Malisse is today - 4th on Central court - not before 18:30 BG time (I think that's 17:30 CEST). There will be livestream as well :)

nadejda
04-23-2012, 03:50 PM
not going well so far :(

Hypnotize
04-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Is there a stream for this match?

nadejda
04-23-2012, 03:57 PM
http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-4/0/2/v-400218.html

nadejda
04-23-2012, 03:58 PM
a lot of errors from Grigor, very erratic play

nadejda
04-23-2012, 04:04 PM
so many returns in the net...

nadejda
04-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Grigor :facepalm:
cannot bring the ball in

WTF is he doing?

nadejda
04-23-2012, 04:12 PM
well down a set already for 27 minutes. Malisse didn't do anything spacial while Grigor was spraying errors left and right and cannot bring the ball in. Very bad play, really...
This is going to end very fast. The most disappointing however is his body language. Grigor looks like he couldn't care less for this match.

Hypnotize
04-23-2012, 04:27 PM
http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-4/0/2/v-400218.html

Thanks. Watching now although I agree he's not playing well

Hypnotize
04-23-2012, 04:29 PM
much better rally there from Grigor

nadejda
04-23-2012, 04:32 PM
nothing is working but he is playing ridiculous right now, really
what is this strategy of bashing the ball as much hard as you can? He wasn't playing like that last year. His shots were softer but he was able to rally and be patient. Now he is just bashing everything as much as he can with little to none success spraying errors

nadejda
04-23-2012, 04:33 PM
match is about to an end right now

nadejda
04-23-2012, 04:34 PM
yet another backhand into the net, how many we see from those?!?

Bul Fans Melb
04-23-2012, 04:37 PM
I feel bad saying it,but what a rubbish player our man is!! nothing else 2 say,ive ran out of excuses for him.

Hypnotize
04-23-2012, 04:48 PM
what a time to start playing good tennis

Hypnotize
04-23-2012, 04:51 PM
I feel bad saying it,but what a rubbish player our man is!! nothing else 2 say,ive ran out of excuses for him.
You should feel bad saying that. He's inconsistent and lets the pressure get to him too much but he's still an amazing player.

nadejda
04-23-2012, 04:51 PM
yeah, down a set and a double break and he suddenly start playing well...but IMO too late

Hypnotize
04-23-2012, 04:52 PM
good to see him getting so much support from the crowd

Hypnotize
04-23-2012, 04:54 PM
saved 2 mps!!!

Hypnotize
04-23-2012, 04:55 PM
spectacular rally

Hypnotize
04-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Obviously not a good result but he did put up a bit of a fight. It's a shame he couldn't break Malisse's serve a second time as it would have become a very interesting match. His serve is a bit worrying as it was a real weapon last year and now it has become extremely unreliable. He really needs to work out what has gone wrong with it.

nadejda
04-23-2012, 05:01 PM
eh well too late for Grigor and that missed break point opportunity with a shaky BH return into the net sums it up all. He really didn't deserve to win after wasting a set and a half with his attitude. Must have played from the begging.

Hypnotize
04-23-2012, 05:18 PM
I can only assume he was burdened with the pressure of playing so close to home. He took far to long to find his game which is a shame because when he finally started to play well, he hit some great shots.

kr1s71an
04-23-2012, 05:29 PM
I can only assume he was burdened with the pressure of playing so close to home. He took far to long to find his game which is a shame because when he finally started to play well, he hit some great shots.
I don't know what was wrong with him today, but I don't think it was the pressure of playing in front of the big bulgarian support there. He played amazing in front of the bulgarian fans at Hopman cup :) So next up - Davis cup, where he will face a lot of players without ranking :D :D

With that loss, we failed to defend the 45 points from Munich and next week he will be around #95 ... I think that the Olympics are getting far far away and with that game I don't see him winning even a Challenger ...

misty1
04-23-2012, 05:31 PM
my god he cant even beat a struggling malisse :rolleyes:

i really dont know what to say to this. I think the fact that its the end of april and he's only won back to back matches once says enough

chantelle
04-23-2012, 10:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/embed/jZGfgRHDBi0
interview after the game....he's really disappointed in himself.....but it seems he has no idea to deal with the series loss....hope he can find some confident at DC....

i started to watch the game at in the second set, i enjoyed his play but it seems too late then......

misty1
04-24-2012, 12:11 AM
he'll barely be clinging to a top 100 position after this again

down to 93 provisionally and 3 guys are in good positions to surpass him so he'd be down to 96

at this point the olympics is pretty much a lost cause

Naudio Spanlatine
04-24-2012, 06:09 AM
Grisho, please make it pass 1st round in the next tournament, this is killing me:sobbing: :sobbing:

Hypnotize
04-24-2012, 07:25 AM
interview after the game....he's really disappointed in himself.....but it seems he has no idea to deal with the series loss....hope he can find some confident at DC....

i started to watch the game at in the second set, i enjoyed his play but it seems too late then......
In fairness how is he supposed to deal with the loss? It's an interview immediately after a disappointing loss and he deserves credit for giving one at all. Everything he said was genuine and I think his attitude was exactly as it should be. He wasn't pleased with his play but he has every intention of getting back up, working hard and improving. Good for him.

misty1
04-24-2012, 12:02 PM
i guess i just kind of figured that after that won over berdych he was finally going to get results, he had that break through.

its disappointing and its beyond the point where you can say he's still young an inexperienced now. He has been on tour for over a year

larzm
04-25-2012, 10:37 PM

What a shitty interview and he nevertheless stayed calm and friendly after such a hurting defeat. In such a situation if she would have asked me about serena I'd tell her she should fuck herself ;-DDD

He is really a nice guy. A pitty that he can't consitantly show his A-game...

nadejda
04-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Grigor Dimitrov @facebook

'Home for a few days! Mom is cocking (:lol:) delicious food! Playing Davis Cup next week in Sofia.'

chantelle
04-26-2012, 04:47 PM
In fairness how is he supposed to deal with the loss? It's an interview immediately after a disappointing loss and he deserves credit for giving one at all. Everything he said was genuine and I think his attitude was exactly as it should be. He wasn't pleased with his play but he has every intention of getting back up, working hard and improving. Good for him.

Perhaps I make the conclusion too soon, after all it's just his second game in the clay season. I just hate the feeling that when he gives us hope as if he's going to be the "big thing" but ending up with loss coming one after another.:facepalm: And sometimes i just feel that changing a new coach is the only "change" he made when he face a series loss:devil:

Grigor Dimitrov @facebook
'Home for a few days! Mom is cocking (:lol:) delicious food! Playing Davis Cup next week in Sofia.'

Will you Bulgarian go to watch his game?:aplot:

kr1s71an
04-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Well I can't go to Sofia, but I'll definitely watch it on TV! :)

nadejda
04-27-2012, 06:56 AM

I live quite far from Sofia, on the other side of the country and won't be able to go,:sad: but will watch it on tv and btw there will probably be streams at sportlemon.tv so you can watch too. Marto will go and he promised to give a report and pictures as well. We will post the schedule here as soon as it is available.

Davis cup matches willl follow the official oppening of the National Tennis Center after it undergone some repair works and will be oppened by the Prime Minister. Grigor as well as all other players from our team will be there so hopefully we will see some pictures and videos. :)

RandyE
05-01-2012, 04:25 AM
Disappointing loss to Malisse no doubt - the crafty veteran apparently had enough to keep Grigor on his heels...at this point it will be interesting to see if he can regain some confidence; hopefully the Davis Cup will help him do just that.

kr1s71an
05-01-2012, 04:54 AM
Grisho played tennis with some kids at the openning ceremony of the renewed National Tennis Centre :)
http://tenniskafe.com/images/stories/bgtennis/bft/center/center6.jpg
http://tenniskafe.com/images/stories/bgtennis/bft/center/center8.jpg

Today it will be the draw for Davis Cup and after that there will be press conferеnce of the Davis cup team and one for Grisho :)

chantelle
05-01-2012, 12:28 PM
http://ppt.cc/G!LG@.jpg

It's great that Bulgaria is not in the same subgroup with Lithuania~look forward to Grigor's performance in his hometown!!!

kr1s71an
05-01-2012, 01:28 PM
It's great that Bulgaria is not in the same subgroup with Lithuania~look forward to Grigor's performance in his hometown!!!
Well he is from Haskovo, not from Sofia! But still he will play in front of the Bulgarian fans!
His first match will be tomorrow and will start at 12:40 CEST! He will play versus some Albanian guy, but I still don't know who it will be! All the players from Albania don't have a ranking.

chantelle
05-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Well he is from Haskovo, not from Sofia! But still he will play in front of the Bulgarian fans!
His first match will be tomorrow and will start at 12:40 CEST! He will play versus some Albanian guy, but I still don't know who it will be! All the players from Albania don't have a ranking.

In general both Haskovo and Sofia are in Bulgaria:p
Most players this time are not well known thus he must play well or it'll be really shaming:cool:

nadejda
05-02-2012, 06:04 AM
here is an interview with Grigor:

http://translate.google.bg/translate?sl=bg&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=bg&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftenniskafe.com%2F%D0%B1%D0%B3-%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%81%2F%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B 2%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8%2F%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0% BE%D1%80-%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%2 Fitem%2F1504-%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%88%D0%BE-%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B5-%D0%B7%D0%B0-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B0-%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%BF%D0%B0-%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%B9%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%81-%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8F%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B0-%D0%BC%D0%B8-%D1%86%D0%B5%D0%BB-%D0%B5-%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BF%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%B4%D 0%B0%D1%82%D0%B0

kr1s71an
05-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Some links for the livestream for the match between Grigor Dimitrov and Flavio Dece for Davis cup:
http://tv.bnt.bg/bnt1/
http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-4/0/38/v-403964.html
http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-4/0/38/v-403973.html

It's in bulgarian. I think that it can be watched from other countries as well :)

nadejda
05-02-2012, 11:28 AM
ridiculous returns from Grigor and not serving very well too

kr1s71an
05-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Grigor Dimitrov - Flavio Dece 6-1 6-1 :)

chantelle
05-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Grigor Dimitrov - Flavio Dece 6-1 6-1 :)

Does it mean Bulgaria has won two points and the double will begin at 16:00(Bulgaria time)? Is there still Grigor's game today?(I miss the last one T^T)

nadejda
05-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes we won the tie, doubles will be play in 30 minutes but without Grigor. His next match will be on Friday.

Hypnotize
05-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Nice, straightforward win for Grigor. Hopefully he can do the same on Friday.

nadejda
05-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Grigor''s match will start in about 15-20 minutes.

here is the link: http://tv.bnt.bg/bntworld/

His opponent is rumoured to be a 2 m tall service mashine :unsure: and knowing Grigor's returns I am a bit nervous! Anyway I hope all went smouthly and quickly!

kr1s71an
05-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Well Grisho is behind 3-4 (no breaks) and now it's raining on court :(

nadejda
05-04-2012, 11:52 AM
The match is quite interedting with some nice shots. Too bad Grigor's ROS are so weak, he could have advantage by now. The Georgian is a SHBH and lefty, powerful server and there was some beauty on court.

chantelle
05-04-2012, 01:59 PM
The match is quite interedting with some nice shots. Too bad Grigor's ROS are so weak, he could have advantage by now. The Georgian is a SHBH and lefty, powerful server and there was some beauty on court.

Will the match continue? The situation of the court seems not so proper to play from the foto Tennis24.bg just post......

nadejda
05-04-2012, 02:09 PM
well they just said on TV that match probably will be played and live on BNT 2 I am watching this channel and will let you know when (if) they continued to play...

nadejda
05-04-2012, 02:14 PM
they will play, courts are preparing now, match goes on BNT 2 here:

http://tv.bnt.bg/bnt2/

unfortunately still some small drops...

nadejda
05-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Enric Molina on court! He always brings rain for Grigor, he was the referee at Wibledon with Tsonga!
oh, no, they just prepared the courts and it starts raining again :facepalm:

chantelle
05-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Enric Molina on court! He always brings rain for Grigor, he was the referee at Wibledon with Tsonga!
oh, no, they just prepared the courts and it starts raining again :facepalm:

What's a "rain man"!! So we should wait longer now.....Whatever, thank you so much again for those information, I keeping turning on the BNT page, but Bulgarian is all Greek to me:stupid:

kr1s71an
05-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Grigor won 6-4 6-1! After the break he played better, his opponent made a lot of UE's and Grigor won nine of the next ten games :)

Hypnotize
05-04-2012, 03:21 PM
That's great to hear and thanks for the update. I've read interviews in the past where Grigor says he loves the rain so maybe that put him in a good frame of mind.

Hypnotize
05-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Not sure if these have been posted before.
Grigor training for Davis Cup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QYvaFU8bx0

Press conference (maybe the Bulgarians on here can translate)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j229pRKnx5o&feature=related

kr1s71an
05-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Not sure if these have been posted before.
Grigor training for Davis Cup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QYvaFU8bx0

Press conference (maybe the Bulgarians on here can translate)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j229pRKnx5o&feature=related

Well it's too long for me to translate it. Sorry! Maybe you can use Google translate and hopefully you'll understand what is he talking about :)

Here is the interview from this press-conference: CLICK HERE! (http://www.tenniskafe.com/%D0%B1%D0%B3-%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%81/%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8/%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80-%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2/item/1504-%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%88%D0%BE-%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B5-%D0%B7%D0%B0-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B0-%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%BF%D0%B0-%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%B9%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%81-%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8F%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B0-%D0%BC%D0%B8-%D1%86%D0%B5%D0%BB-%D0%B5-%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BF%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%B4%D 0%B0%D1%82%D0%B0)

Interview after the win on Wednesday: CLICK HERE! (http://www.tenniskafe.com/component/k2/item/1513-%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80-%D1%82%D1%83%D0%BA-%D1%81%D1%8A%D0%BC-%D0%B7%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%B8-%D0%BF%D1%83%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%82%D 0%B0-%D0%B0-%D0%BD%D0%B5-%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%BE-%D0%B7%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%B8-%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BF%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%B4%D 0%B0%D1%82%D0%B0)

Interview after today's win: CLICK HERE! (http://www.tenniskafe.com/%D0%B1%D0%B3-%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%81/%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8/%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80-%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2/item/1536-%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80-%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2-%D1%81%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%89%D1%83-%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%BA%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B8%D 1%8F-%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B5-%D0%B7%D0%B0-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B0-%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8-%D1%81%D0%BC%D0%B5-%D0%B7%D0%B0-%D0%B1%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%BA%D0%B0)

nadejda
05-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Grigor's match just started live on BNT
http://tv.bnt.bg/bnt1/

kr1s71an
05-05-2012, 11:24 AM
I hope that Grigor watched the first match, where Dimitar Kuzmanov showed how you should always fight to the end. He was down 1-5 in the third, saved 2 match points and managed to win every single game to the end! 1-6 6-2 7-5!!!

Now I guess it will be another easy win for Grigor and Bulgaria will be back in the second group of zone Europe/Africa next year!

nadejda
05-05-2012, 11:32 AM
I hope that Grigor watched the first match, where Dimitar Kuzmanov showed how you should always fight to the end. He was down 1-5 in the third, saved 2 match points and managed to win every single game to the end! 1-6 6-2 7-5!!!

Now I guess it will be another easy win for Grigor and Bulgaria will be back in the second group of zone Europe/Africa next year!

yeah, boring match, Grigor is 5-0 up so far :zzz:

nadejda
05-05-2012, 11:35 AM
6-0 in 15 minutes...

nadejda
05-05-2012, 11:48 AM
6-0 3-0 Grigor was trying so hard to lose a game but Yotovski doesn't wanted to take it!

nadejda
05-05-2012, 12:02 PM
half asleep Grigor double bagels Yotovski 6-0 6-0 :zzz:

chantelle
05-05-2012, 12:07 PM
6-0 3-0 Grigor was trying so hard to lose a game but Yotovski doesn't wanted to take it!

Grigor did make some stupid mistakes but Yotovski did take the chance even to take a game.
What did he say at the courtside interview? Everyone laughed!!

nadejda
05-05-2012, 12:11 PM
I think his concentration dropped when leading 6-0 3-0 and seeing Yotovski was not even willing to play. Grigor made a remark about their captain saying he was their guru or something and that the real start today is Kuzmanov who won the epic match earlier today from 1-5 down in the 3rd set! Also they asked him how far can we go with this team and he replied - everywhere we want to :)

chantelle
05-05-2012, 12:27 PM
I think his concentration dropped when leading 6-0 3-0 and seeing Yotovski was not even willing to play. Grigor made a remark about their captain saying he was their guru or something and that the real start today is Kuzmanov who won the epic match earlier today from 1-5 down in the 3rd set! Also they asked him how far can we go with this team and he replied - everywhere we want to :)

Thanks for the translation, hope Bulgaria can go to the world group with Grigor's leading :D

Hypnotize
05-05-2012, 12:30 PM
It's good to see he's beating these players easily and not letting them back into the match.

Grigor Dimitrov and Georgi Tsivadze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ3hErELXew
aZ3hErELXew

Hypnotize
05-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Bulgaria - Albania at the tournament for Davis Cup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgZhBoW4hOA&feature=channel&list=UL
jgZhBoW4hOA&feature=channel&list=UL

kr1s71an
05-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Prague Challenger:

[5] Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) - Jan Hajek (CZE)
Michael Russel (USA) - Aljaz Bedene (SLO)
[SE] Matteo Marrai (ITA) - David Goffin (BEL)
Andreas Haider-Maurer (AUT) - [3] Lukas Rosol (CZE)

Good luck Grisha!

misty1
05-05-2012, 02:07 PM
very tough draw, probably one of the hardest he could have gotten as a seeded player

chantelle
05-07-2012, 10:37 PM
very tough draw, probably one of the hardest he could have gotten as a seeded player

Hajek had done a great work last week, so did Grigor:D However, Russel lost today, i believe it's a good news to Grigor~ his first match may begin around 13:00(CET) tomorrow. According his ranking today, I guess if he wants to play Olympic he must win the title in Prague and enter at least the QF both in Rome(which he still on the alt of the Qualifying.....) and Nice(What's a big dream)!! Although the Bulgarian tennis federation had said he may get a wild card from Olympic(I read the news here (http://www.tennis24.bg/g3h4i11j1l10803m11/%D0%A1%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%84%D0%B0%D0%BD+%D0%A6%D0%B2% D0%B5%D1%82%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2:+%D0%93%D1%80%D0%B8% D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80+%D0%B5+%E2%80%9E%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1% 87%D1%82%D0%B8+%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B 5%D0%BD%E2%80%9D+%D0%B7%D0%B0+%D0%9E%D0%BB%D0%B8%D 0%BC%D0%BF%D0%B8%D0%B9%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D1%82%D0% B5+%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B8.html), but i'm not pretty sure because of Google translate:p), I still hope he can get the honor by his own efforts.(Of course he must be good enough to get the wild card, it's just my thinking:))

nadejda
05-08-2012, 06:23 AM
Yes, the federation said that however I didn't post it here cause it sounded like a good intention and that's all. ASAIK Grigor might be considered the best young player from Europe and on that ground taking a WC for the Olympics. Still it is very doubtful and unreliable information...

Good luck, Grisho today!

Hypnotize
05-08-2012, 11:07 AM
If he can perform well in the coming months then he could be in contention for a WC. His match has started and it's good to see he won his first service game easily.

nadejda
05-08-2012, 11:13 AM
yep 2-1 now
I am much more nervous when following matches only on livescore :lol:

Hypnotize
05-08-2012, 11:30 AM
He saved two break points in his last service game, one with an ace.

Hypnotize
05-08-2012, 11:31 AM
yep 2-1 now
I am much more nervous when following matches only on livescore :lol:
I share your pain nadejda. I'm following on livescore as well. :lol:

Hypnotize
05-08-2012, 11:32 AM
He's a break up!!! 5-3!

nadejda
05-08-2012, 11:35 AM
1 set in the bag
C'mon!

Hypnotize
05-08-2012, 11:35 AM
He won the first set 6-3. Keep it up Grigor.

nadejda
05-08-2012, 11:36 AM
it is important to keep his concentration now!

Hypnotize
05-08-2012, 11:41 AM
He breaks in the first game of the 2nd set. I'm impressed.

nadejda
05-08-2012, 11:43 AM
6-3 2-0 Keep it up, Grisho!

nadejda
05-08-2012, 12:03 PM
oh no, broken for 4-4

nadejda
05-08-2012, 12:05 PM
argh! instead of serving for the match he will now serve to stay in the set! C'mon! Hold!

nadejda
05-08-2012, 12:12 PM
alright, he broke and serving for the match
fingers crossed!

Sonja1989
05-08-2012, 12:13 PM
30-0 :) Come on!! :p

nadejda
05-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Great! 6-3 7-5 with a bit of a chocke but overall very clean match!

Sonja1989
05-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Well done! :hug:

nadejda
05-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Badene next. Well I haven't watch the guy, is he good?

kr1s71an
05-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Badene next. Well I haven't watch the guy, is he good?
Looks like he is in good form now - last week he passed the qualies in Belgrade and lost in the 2nd round from Nalby. Before that I think he won two Challengers, so hopefully Grigor will play well and made the 1/4 :)

Hypnotize
05-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Good win for Grigor against a player who has been in good form recently. It looks like he served well which has been missing from his game recently.

Will there be any live feed from Prague later in the week?

kr1s71an
05-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Good win for Grigor against a player who has been in good form recently. It looks like he served well which has been missing from his game recently.

Will there be any live feed from Prague later in the week?
I think only for the semis and the final :)

Hypnotize
05-08-2012, 04:21 PM
I think only for the semis and the final :)
That's crazy. Anyone would think this challenger was being played in the US. :rolleyes:

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Grigor is the 4th and final match on Centre Court today.

nadejda
05-09-2012, 12:24 PM
match may starts earlier as Ficher pull out of his match

here is a report and a video from Grigor's first match:

http://www.tennisalternative.com/prague-challenger-2012-tuesday-report-photos-rn1309.html

video starts from 8:55

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 01:38 PM
They are on court now according to livescores

nadejda
05-09-2012, 01:44 PM
yes match is about to start!
Good luck, Grisho!

nadejda
05-09-2012, 02:00 PM
arghhh not a good start!

nadejda
05-09-2012, 02:04 PM
broke right back, both can't hold serve I wonder what the conditions are

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 02:05 PM
He lost his serve but he just broke back. Hopefully he can put in a better serving game now

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 02:17 PM
He's holding serve comfortably at the moment

nadejda
05-09-2012, 02:19 PM
I will keep my fingers crosssed for Grigor as I won't be able to follow this match after 5:30 pm.

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Grigor broke again. 4-2!

nadejda
05-09-2012, 02:26 PM
hold, please!

it will be nice if he wrapt the set before I leave!

nadejda
05-09-2012, 02:28 PM
5-2

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Yes! He won the first set 6-3.

nadejda
05-09-2012, 02:37 PM
good 6-3
I hope you keep post some comments so I will read them when come back!
:)
Good luck, Grisho!

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Early break in the 2nd set for Grigor.

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 02:46 PM
good 6-3
I hope you keep post some comments so I will read them when come back!
:)
Good luck, Grisho!
I'll try my best nadejda. 2-0. Keep it up Grigor!

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 02:54 PM
3-1 and he's only lost 2 points on serve so far this set.

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 03:06 PM
4-3. He needs to keeps his concentration here and hold serve.

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 03:10 PM
5-3. Now close it out Grigor!

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 03:11 PM
0-30. C'mon Grigor

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 03:12 PM
30-30

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 03:13 PM
5-4. He has to serve it out.

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 03:15 PM
0-30. not a good start

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 03:18 PM
0-40 down to deuce. Saved 3 break points

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 03:19 PM
match point

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 03:23 PM
He wasted 2 MPs and got broken. 5-5.

Hypnotize
05-09-2012, 03:37 PM
He lost his serve again 5-7.

kr1s71an
05-09-2012, 04:16 PM
No comment! :help:

nadejda
05-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Grigor! I left when he was up a set and a break to find out he somewhat lost this match! :o:o :banghead::banghead:

misty1
05-09-2012, 10:57 PM
you know what the sad part is? im not even surprised or disappointed anymore when it happens, i have just come to expect the loss

even when i try being positive and give him the benefit of the doubt or he has a good draw he cant take advantage

FedererBulgaria
05-10-2012, 12:08 PM
So sad..... :(

misty1
05-11-2012, 12:13 AM
he's not playing rome anymore

i'm not sure why. Either he decided to play something else or he's injured or he has just decided against playing next week..he certianly cant be tired

RandyE
05-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Wonder what's going on...?

larzm
05-12-2012, 12:10 PM
I honestly do not believe anymore that he will have his breakthrough. I'm also not suprised or angry when he loses. It just became normal... Sad :-(

Hypnotize
05-13-2012, 02:34 PM
I think it's a good thing he has pulled out of Rome. If he picked up an injury then he needs to heal. I think it's more likely though that he is working on his head. He shouldn't have lost that last match, especially as he was winning all his service games easily until he served for the match. If he can't close out matches then he and his coach need to take time out to work on the problem. If he comes back with a better attitude then it will have been a wise decision.

RandyE
05-13-2012, 08:11 PM
There's a fine line between winning and losing at this level, and quite often it comes down to confidence and believing that no matter what happens, you'll come out on top. Right now I don't think he's got that winning edge mentality. Of course hard work breeds confidence, and there's simply no substitute. I'm not sure if his work ethic isn't quite there; hopefully he can continue to work on his game. Rome is one of the slowest clay courts and his game is really not that suited to this kind of surface. Not a bad idea to pull out of this one in my opinion.