Road to Roland-Garros/Clay Season 2012 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Road to Roland-Garros/Clay Season 2012

soulage
04-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Well it's time to open a thread. It's surely the last time he has to prepare RG :sad:

According to Nice Matin he got this WC to play qualies in MC but now he's only 3 or 4 spot to enter it directly so maybe he will get it back. Anyway it seems he will finally play. Very good field and clay well wait the draw before telling anything :help:

Les autres Bleus sont là : Tsonga, Simon, Llodra, Benneteau. Demain, pour le premier des deux tours de "qualifs", dont le tirage a lieu ce soir après 21 h, Arnaud Clément et Paul-Henri Mathieu ont reçu des wild-cards (encore deux à désigner). Pour le tableau final (début dimanche, tirage au sort demain à 12 h), rien n'a encore été décidé.
http://www.nicematin.com/tennis/silence-le-jeu-reprend.842814.html

nalbyfan
04-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Ist WC for Arnaud (MD)

soulage
04-14-2012, 09:04 AM
He draws second seed Kukushkin they'll play this afternoon. Since his great AO Kukushkin is down he was playing qualies in Casablanca last week-end and lost second round. Well it's the comeback of Arno first match on clay so no expectations the other guy is better ranked so let's hope a bit of pleasure

Filo V.
04-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Kukushkin is bad on clay. That and the fact this is an event he should feel good support in, as well as Kukushkin only just coming back from injury, should make this a match he wins. I'm hopeful :)

soulage
04-14-2012, 09:31 AM
It's raining in Monte Carlo so when they'll play it will slow and slow clay or wind are not for Arno :devil: Kukushkin is not in his best form but Arno on clay is not the moment you're hopeful in the saeson :lol:. Arno said on facbook he started on clay this week let's see ;)

Filo V.
04-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Nothing ever seems to work out for Arno during this time of the year :o

Slow clay and heavy damp conditions are definitely bad for him, but maybe he'll surprise us all and put in a good performance :lol:

Via
04-14-2012, 02:25 PM
thanks for all the news... i can guess a bit from the facebook post, but the english here is so much easier to understand! :D

btw now that arno is 'posting' regularly on fb... maybe he can use a translator like some other players? just wishful thinking :devil:

soulage
04-14-2012, 03:41 PM
It's Sylvain who post so yes he could do it in english as well. I open the livescore and it appears that's still raining in Monte Carlo only the matches on the covered court are played. No news about Arno's match :confused: Well not sure he will play today.

Arno got a WC to play doubles with JR Lisnard :haha: They'll play Melzer/Mayer

Marine
04-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Arno got a WC to play doubles with JR Lisnard :haha: They'll play Melzer/Mayer

Le "monégasque" ??? lol

Filo V.
04-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Well, looks like I completely deluded myself about this match and how it would turn out :tape:

2-6 2-6 loss to Kukushkin :o

Positives: He was in most return games. He won 36% of return points, which isn't too bad.

Negatives: He was struggling in every serve game :lol:

Filo V.
04-15-2012, 12:01 PM
In the second set it seemed he tried focusing on putting more first serves in since the first set he served at 48% and his second serve got damaged. But in the second set, his first serve got damaged more than the second serve :lol:

Oh well, ready for more struggles on clay :(

soulage
04-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Slow clay first match expected result for me but the scoreline is harsh :sad: Well according stats he played a bad tennis match. Clay and Arno are never been friends :devil: especially now that his level went down. Well a match to forget :angel:

He'll play doubles monday or tuesday and then we'll have to check the Q draws of the tournaments but that's the worst surface for Arno it would be logical to take a bit time off tour and maybe start to think to next year :unsure: I mean he's not chasing points and takes more time between tournaments this year so it gives more time to live off tour. Well the only problem of that strategy is the WC for RG and it's not this result who will help :help:

https://twitter.com/#!/jaimepaslactu/status/191487871595720704

That was cold

http://a.yfrog.com/img861/1003/84511242.jpg

Filo V.
04-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Hopefully he does well in doubles! I do think after this match, taking time off until Bordeaux is the correct decision. He doesn't like playing on clay, he's not successful on the surface, and after clay is grass season where he can pick up many points and get back to top 100. Relaxation and low stress definitely has to be the main priority these next several weeks.

I still expect him to get a WC for the French. Who would they pick over him :shrug: Overall, he's having one of the best seasons of all the contenders for a WC, plus he's Arno :angel: And I think that his name and history gives him a definite advantage.

soulage
04-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Hopefully he does well in doubles! I do think after this match, taking time off until Bordeaux is the correct decision.
For doubles don't forget he plays with magic JR so not a big chance to win. He may play some qualies somewhere before Bordeaux but what it's clear he's that he's no more motivated enough to go abroad for challengers on clay.

I still expect him to get a WC for the French. Who would they pick over him :shrug: Overall, he's having one of the best seasons of all the contenders for a WC, plus he's Arno :angel: And I think that his name and history gives him a definite advantage.
We never know with the federation :scratch: All that stories with DC captain last week was an exemple

Filo V.
04-15-2012, 02:01 PM
For doubles don't forget he plays with magic JR so not a big chance to win. I know but I looked at the draw and I think they maybe could win a couple (or, at least one) matches :p I mean, who can handle so much artistry on one court between JRL and Arno at the same time :angel:

We never know with the federation :scratch: All that stories with DC captain last week was an exempleThat's a good point :lol:

I still see it as a common sense decision, though, especially since this could be his last RG. I can't see them dismissing Arno like that. He also defends R2 points too, so that will be a factor.

soulage
04-15-2012, 04:27 PM
You can't be confident when the decision is not in your hands. Wait about the results of others WC candidates.

Arno's posted on facebook and he was not ready for clay he says he still needs many hours to feel good on that surface. He'll play doubles here and next stop is Q in Munchen or Estoril :)

A report by a french website with a small video http://www.jaimepaslactu.com/?p=1649

We must noticed that Kukushkin won over Dimitrov and qualified for MD.

Kezzi
04-15-2012, 06:52 PM
On Facebook:
Arnaud Clement : "Je n'ai jamais réussi à trouver mes marques et mettre du rythme sur ce match. Il me manque pas mal d'heures d'entraînement sur terre avant d'être au mieux sur cette surface. J'ai reçu une WC pour participer au double ici cela va me permettre de continuer à me préparer dans de bonnes conditions avant mon prochain tournoi qui sera les qualifications de Munich ou Estoril ! "

Translation on fb:
Arnaud Clement: "I never managed to find my marks and the pace on the game." Missing me a lot of hours of training on earth be best on this surface. I received a WC for double here this will allow me to continue to prepare me in good conditions before my next tournament will be the qualifications of Munich or Estoril! " (Translated by Bing)

Via
04-16-2012, 01:40 AM
so he's playing more on the clay than we expected. good. he also needs to look like he's trying, if he wants a WC from RG.

soulage
04-16-2012, 07:51 AM
It will be a light season on clay according JJP. There is an article on Arno in Le parisien today I don't know why an article to speak about a first round loss in qualies but of course it's to talk again about Dc Captain :rolleyes:. Medias should stop with this :o and should talk about Arno when he wins.

soulage
04-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Well no news about him but as he said he should be in Estoril or Munich QD. We'll see friday evening.

Then he's quite far away in Madrid Q entry list and for Bordeaux he missed the cut and he's 3rd Alt so with some withdrawals he could enter which would be nice otherwise this clay season will be near 1 or 2 matches :lol:

soulage
04-28-2012, 07:42 AM
Well no news about him but as he said he should be in Estoril or Munich QD. We'll see friday evening.
He's nowhere. Maybe a little injury for him :unsure: I really think he will skip the most of that clay season :secret:

Lesliem
04-28-2012, 08:03 AM
He's nowhere. Maybe a little injury for him :unsure: I really think he will skip the most of that clay season :secret:
The 1st player in the Estoril qualification draw is 142 so I think maybe Arnaud entered directly the main draw if a lot of players withdrew. He needs preparation before Roland Garros, I really hope it's not an injury.

soulage
04-28-2012, 08:14 AM
The ranking of this week is not link to the entry list which is made 6 weeks ago. Arno enters any of the MD and he's not in Q so he doesn't play. He was with kids in marignane yesterday so I was doubtful about that qualies. The only options remaining are he got WC in Tunis or Ostrava :silly: he's injured or he's fed up with the clay :devil:

Well I think he's injured let's hope it's not too serious :unsure:

Lesliem
04-28-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm probably stupid but I don't understand how you know that he's not in Estoril main draw, the draw is not available yet on their website ??

If you're right I also think it's an injury because I don't see him not playing matches on clay before RG (or just in Bordeaux) just because he doesn't like the surface. Maybe again the elbow or shoulder which are painful...

soulage
04-28-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm probably stupid but I don't understand how you know that he's not in Estoril main draw, the draw is not available yet on their website ??
Well Munoz de la Nava plays the Q while he was ranked highter than Arno 6 weeks ago.

If you're right I also think it's an injury because I don't see him not playing matches on clay before RG (or just in Bordeaux) just because he doesn't like the surface. Maybe again the elbow or shoulder which are painful...
Yes maybe the shoulder or elbow or an injury he got last days during training.

Lesliem
04-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Well Munoz de la Nava plays the Q while he was ranked highter than Arno 6 weeks ago.
Ok thanks it was the doubt I had. I thought Munoz de la nava was less well ranked than Arno when the cut was made. So the last hope is a WC but I don't trust in it.

I hope he'll give news on facebook before Bordeaux !

Kezzi
04-28-2012, 08:07 PM
He prefers training over the qualifying in Estoril and will return to competition in Bordeaux.

Arnaud Clement : “ Bonjour à tous, une nouvelle semaine d'entrainement sur terre m'attend ! J'ai préféré cette option plutôt que de m'aligner sur les qualifications du tournoi d'Estoril. Ma reprise en compétition se fera donc au plus tard pour le Challenger de Bordeaux. Merci pour vos messages et à très bientôt ! ”

soulage
04-29-2012, 08:09 AM
He must have been injured during his preparation in previous days cos Estoril qualies doesn't need 3 weeks of training :scratch: Body no more wants clay .

For Madrid not sure he will go there and wait if he can enter the draw and for Bordeaux he also needs some withdrawals. As the MD WC or RG are announced in the middle of the week of Bordeaux he could have played only 1 one match on clay this year at that time. Can you give a WC to someone who have skip the clay season :confused: If he has to play RG qualies it would be the 1st time since 1996 :eek:

Kezzi
04-29-2012, 07:37 PM
I think they can give him a WC just based on that he's French and his rep. ;)

soulage
05-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Yes but what about the others players and we have to put in the mind of FFT :drink: They have already refused evident WC to famous players. They are cruel sometimes :o I don't trust them :lol:

Kezzi
05-01-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm not saying they will give him a WC based on that, I'm saying they can use that as argumentation if they want to. :p

Lesliem
05-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Eric Salliot (journalist of L'Equipe) announced on twitter that 3 WC are sure for RG : PHM, Rufin and Arnaud ! I think we can trust him - and Arnaud seems to play Nice tournament (week of the RG qualifs) according his facebook (post of Danielle Bombardier "la nounou des joueurs").

:)

soulage
05-01-2012, 05:45 PM
yes I saw his tweet but it's more his point of view and he doesn't work for l'equipe ;) Except Rufin, Paulo and even Arno there are not obvious WC :confused: that's why he can get one. For his last RG it would quite cruel to not give him one but i really think they are able to be cruel with him :mad:

Then if he gets one like last year he should play Nice qualies unless he does well in Bordeaux :) A bit of progress in Madrid he was 8 ALT few hours ago http://www.madrid-open.com/en/noticias-tenis-masculino/los-mejores-estaran-en-madrid/

Lesliem
05-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Ah sorry I thought he worked for L'equipe but his infos are often real so I'm pretty sure Arnaud will have the WC (and for me it's logic, it's his last RG and he's the 3rd French behind Prodon and Mannarino). The person who post on his facebook about Nice is a friend of him she probably knows his program (even if it can change if he's not fit enough before Roland).

Pour les WC pour Roland je pense à Paulo, Arnaud, Rufin, Mannarino (s'il n'est pas blessé), Ouanna, Gensse (ou Robert/Serra à la place de ce dernier)...Prodon et Gicquel ne semblent pas être dans les papiers de la fédé, mais bon qui est vraiment dans leurs papiers ? lol à moins qu'ils nous placent De Shepper ou Olivetti ce que je ne comprendrais vraiment pas.

Ausie
05-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Tomas BERDYCH - BYE
Kevin ANDERSON - Alex BOGOMOLOV Jr
QUALIFIER - Juan Carlos FERRERO
Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER - Gael MONFILS

Fernando VERDASCO - Denis ISTOMIN
QUALIFIER - Juan Ignasio CHELA
Ivo KARLOVIC - Nikolay DAVYDENKO
Rafael NADAL - BYE

Kezzi
05-04-2012, 07:15 PM
:confused:

soulage
05-04-2012, 07:45 PM
:lol: not the right player :lol:

About Arno he is coming back on court :) He's playing Gimeno-Traver tomorrow http://www.madrid-open.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/QM_04.pdf

Well Arno is unseeded so it's not the worst draw then I can't see him winning on clay after such a break but let's hope a good match of arno on the blue court :) At least he will able to say I play on a blue clay later. He's first on stadium 3 at 11 am so if he lost he can be back home early and going to vote on sunday ;)

Ausie
05-05-2012, 06:58 AM
sorry:haha:

soulage
05-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Already a double break down so Arno is losing quite largely nothing new we should say but I read on twitter a journalist write "Arnaud clement is starting his match will the knee stay OK ? "I don't know if he made a mistake on the player but the mysterious injury we were suspecting could be the knee. I hope he doesn't take risk and if it's right body is leaving him this year :sad:

0-4 down not sure this match will ended :sad:

0-5 the bagel is near and according stats this match is a nightmare :sad: I think it's clear he's not healthy :sad:

soulage
05-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Well the bagel is here I'm sure he would not have come if RG wasn' a goal but atm it looks he can't play tennis at the ATP level :sad:

He won a game after 32 min :facepalm: Tough to be old :tennis:

I don't know if he will give news about his health after the match but it would be nice to see where he is about that even if ne never says the truth about injuries :p

06/16 He won just one game :eek: Tough to remember such a scoreline in the past. Clay is the worst surface when you're not healthy it stresses all your weakness :devil: It's a bit hard :drink: and the next weeks are a bit troubled. Going to RG to be bageled by a spanish journeyman would be maybe more tough :sad: Well that's only tennis ;) let's hope better off court for him :) I forget to mention that this knee injury is happened during a foot according the french journalist bad luck

Lesliem
05-05-2012, 12:42 PM
The guy on twitter told me Arnaud was injured during a football match in South of France, the body is not resistant anymore :sad:

soulage
05-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Football is dangerous he already missed one RG because of that. Now we don't how big is the injury and since when but for sure he can't really play tennis today.

With all the signs given by his body to him this year you understand why he stops in 2012.

Via
05-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Thanks everyone for all the news. I'm lucky enough to be travelling right now, but that means getting internet is not always easy. I'll try to carch up on arno news when I can, please keep posting.

Losing to a spaniard on clay is not as bad as losing to an aussie ;)

soulage
05-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Losing to a spaniard on clay is not as bad as losing to an aussie ;)
It depends of the players some aussies are better than some spaniards :lol: You missed nothing about Arno atm he's half injured it seems but no news about that. Otherwise Julien JeanPierre is working with Tsonga since Monte Carlo. He was in Geneva to work with him then in Munich and now in Madrid. So Arnaud is alone atm even if JJP can help him but Tsonga has take JJP for the clay season at least.

http://www.tennismagazine.fr/tsonga-avec-jeanpierre-_r_52_a_319.html

I'm wondering if the hypothesis about a stop after grass season is still in the air :unsure: cos since Miami all the infos are not great. To stop next year at Open 13 it looks a long road for him :sadface: In a way Arno should have take holidays during that clay season :umbrella:

soulage
05-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Still no news of Arno and his injury :zzz: We are thursday evening and he's still in the alt for Bordeaux but at this moment nobody has withdrawn from the main list so still 3 alt. If he's healthy he could play qualies but I doubt this is what he wants I mean challenger qualies :rolleyes: and maybe not ready :confused:
WC for RG are annouced next week but I assume Arno already knows it. If he don't get one he should play qualies as he entered the event :scared:

Lesliem
05-11-2012, 09:14 AM
In this doc posted on the challenger website (merci à croline du forum d'Arnaud) it is said that Arnaud is alrealdy in the draw :) (page 11) and even if it was not the case it's pretty sure they will give him a WC...In different articles about the tournament they insisted on the fact that Arnaud played Bordeaux every year since its creation.

http://www.canal-com.eu/Primrose/DOSSIER_DE_PRESSE_tournoi_BNP_PARIBAS_PRIMROSE_BOR DEAUX.pdf

Sinon quand on voit la qualité de la terre à Madrid décriée par tous les joueurs ça explique en partie le score sévère d'Arnaud contre Gimeno Traver au delà du fait que ça soit un match de reprise. Il revenait de blessure et devait avoir peu de glisser et que son genou trinque à nouveau.

soulage
05-11-2012, 09:41 AM
I saw that list and that PDF but it's false because there is 24 players with direct entry what is wrong ;) There are 22 DE + 4 Wc + 4 Q + 2 SE So Robert and Clement are not IN directly. Yesterday the 22 players was still all in Arno would need at least 1 withdrawal and the 2 SE cleared. The 22 DE and Paulo are here http://www.atp-primrosebordeaux.com/joueurs.php

For the WC we have to wait :rolleyes: PHM got one and that's it for the moment. About his injury Arno is quite mute which is usually not good :sad:

Lesliem
05-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Ok :) I'm confiant for the WC in Bordeaux except if they decide to give it to Serra or (For the others it will be PHM and probably Gicquel & Robredo). But all tournaments have withdrawals, that will be strange if it's not the case next week ! I think Arnaud will be ok for Bordeaux, he played Madrid without confidence but if his knee was too painful I don't think he would have taken the risk before Roland.

Arnaud is not announced for Vivement Dimanche special tennis with Gachassin (& Forget, Santoro, Nolwenn ect) but who knows ? They will register the 15 next week.

soulage
05-11-2012, 01:47 PM
2 hours with Gachassin :eek: He's boring and know nothing about tennis :rolleyes: All his interview are clueless well you understand taht I don't like him :lol:

About Bordeaux someone who is doing driver there says Arno is now one spot out and in case he's still out he could have a WC. Anyway it looks he doesn't plan to play qualies so if he's not IN the MD he's not playing.

To follow the driver https://twitter.com/#!/Val__Tho

Marine
05-12-2012, 10:00 AM
You don't like Gachassin ? :eek:
I love him, he's a great president !! I love his way to show his passion during the matchs , in RG and in DC, he's not the kind of boring/bored guy who stays on his seat because he has no choice. He's enthousiast.
The players and the captain love him indeed.
I don't think he's boring at all compare to Bîmes (I hated him !)

soulage
05-12-2012, 10:58 AM
I think he's not a great president he has no vision of tennis his last interview about davis cup stresses it. He's more a fan than a president. I found him boring when he talks because he's not saying Interesting things ;) The guy looks funny and has a lot of passion but I not agree with his tennis point of view ;)

Arno didn't need a WC for Bordeaux. Crazy list for a challenger so wait the draw but slight chance to win a match i think :unsure:

Lesliem
05-12-2012, 12:26 PM
I agree with soulage about Gachassin and a little bit with Marine. That's true that he is enthousiast and loves tennis but I find some of his propositions really stupid. For instance he proposes to pay French players to play DC because the poor boys are loosing money when they play DC, it's such a sacrifice for them ! And beside gachassin talks about love of this competition...

Kezzi
05-12-2012, 06:39 PM
They don't get paid? :eek: I thought they already paid the DC players. :p
It's not such a bad idea imo. Just a reasonable amount, like what they would have gotten for first round in the tournament that week.

When do they air this tennis special and on which channel? :)

Lesliem
05-12-2012, 07:06 PM
They don't get paid? :eek: I thought they already paid the DC players. :p
It's not such a bad idea imo. Just a reasonable amount, like what they would have gotten for first round in the tournament that week.

When do they air this tennis special and on which channel? :)
They are already paid (enfin je crois) but on tournaments they have more money to come "on their name" they've not that on DC. But the guys are top 50/top 30 they don't need that to choose DC or all is about money...very sad especially when you're always insisting on values like Gachassin.

Kezzi
05-12-2012, 09:55 PM
I get it now, I thought they didn't get paid to play DC. I think it's sad that not all the federations can compensate their players for their time and effort, which is why Dolgopolev doesn't play for Ukraine. Which makes it much more admirable to me that the others play for free. :) But in a big tennis nation like France I can't imagine the players to play for free. :)

Marine
05-12-2012, 10:20 PM
But in a big tennis nation like France I can't imagine the players to play for free. :)
Why ?? Seriously, I imagine them very well playing for free! :lol:
Some of them aleady said they would come "en rampant s'il fallait", it means what it means, so a possible amount has nothing to do in DC, I agree with soulage and Lesliem. I like Gachassin but his idea is stupid, at least this one.
Players who want to play in DC don't need an amount, that's a honor, that's a chance to play for his country, they say it, they have to prove it. They earn much money in the year, I don't complain them !:o

Kezzi
05-13-2012, 06:44 PM
So the FFT covers all their expenses during and related to DC? I think they should at least get that, because they are 'invited' and when you're invited the one who invites you pays. :angel:
I can't imagine the players like Mahut & ERV who were there last time to afford this if they don't get at least their expenses refunded.
It might seem that they make a lot of money, but for me that's only the top 50 or something, but that doesn't mean they don't have to struggle on tour. Flights are expensive, cause they don't have a choice in dates/time. If I already see an "offer" for Marseille of €998 when I book weeks in advance, I can't imagine how much tennis players pay for their flights. It's really hard to find good deals, so I don't want to think about the ticket prices when you don't have a choice. And that's just the flying, they also need to eat, sleep, etc. And save money for their life after tennis, when it's the same as in NL, they will only have a high school diploma.

soulage
05-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Each players who come in DC is paid don't worry and of course the FFT covers all the expenses. I posted an article about that in 2010. More you play, more you win more you touch money that's the system in france. I will try to find my post

The idea of Gachassin would be to give money to players to not play tournaments the week before DC and try to cover the money guarantee they could touch going there :rolleyes: This year Gasquet and Monfils played Montpellier before our match in Canada. I disagree with the idea to give best french players more money to not play some tournaments :rolleyes: :mad:.

soulage
05-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Arno will play some tennis tomorrow around noon :scratch: He played De Voest so not the best way to play clay court game :lol: The serve is an advantage for De Voest so even with that quite good draw a win is still hypothetical :unsure: Arno let a message on his facebook a kind of translation

"Hello everyone! I'm in Bordeaux this week where I play tomorrow against Rik de Voest! I feel pretty good my weeks of training have been very beneficial physically and for his tennis. I also took the opportunity to make some adjustments and settings in my equipment in order to have a little more playing comfort and safety. Now I'm looking forward to putting this work into the competition. We'll see how that works out tomorrow afternoon ... Good evening and thank you again for your comments! "

No mentions of his knee injury :ignore: and that poor loss ten days ago :facepalm: The change in his racquet is surely due to some physical issues shoulder or elbow imo. Well it was surely not easy weeks but he's not complaining about :angel:

Good luck for tomorrow :)

Via
05-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the news and translation :)

As for davis cup, I think aussie players get paid an amount for each match played, apart from all travelling expenses. That's why once the tie is won/lost, they send a 'lesser' player on court so that he can earn that money. Not that i'm very sure ;p

soulage
05-15-2012, 03:44 PM
He won 76(2)/63 :) I was only able to see short moments. Not a great tennis but correct game and great fighting spirit on court :D Arno on facebook

C'était plutôt pas mal aujourd'hui ! Je me suis fait plaisir car mon jeu sur terre était en place, le physique présent donc que demander de plus ?! Mon prochain tour sera sans doute plus difficile, à moi de savoir élever mon niveau de jeu au fur et à mesure pour parvenir à m'imposer...

It was pretty good today! I enjoyed myself because my game on clay was in place as the physical so what ask for?! My next round will probably be more difficult I have to raise my level of play progressively to manage to win.

Next is Gabashvili who beats ERV.

soulage
05-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Another bad news :sad:
I'm forced to withdraw from the tournament in Bordeaux because of a contracture in the calf. I prefer not to take risks and play the card of caution even if it's still tough for me to take the decision not to go on the court. It would have made matters worse. Nevertheless, I remain confident for the rest and the upcoming deadlines as my first round match gave me a lot of satisfactions. See you soon.

I found him very healthy against De Voest and now again injured all work to be fit has to be done again :sad:. This injury is a problem for Roland Garros how to go on court after another break I'm worried he could be trashed :unsure: What is quite sure is that for RG qualies it will be short :confused: The body raises up the red flag, pity he can't play his last season as he would like :help:

On RMC.fr they write he would have felt the pain during the warm-up and considering his injury last january he took no risk. Let's see what the doctor will say about that injury but that doesn't sound so good.
http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/257038/forfait-preventif-pour-clement/

Edit He has been given MD WC for RG which give him more days to recover if possible.

Edit again Same version in Lequipe he felt a pain during the warm up and was worried to be injured so give a WO. It's the same calf who prevent him to play AO

Via
05-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Well after much debate here he gets the Wc at last. I hope the other frenchies arent too disappointed. Dont know if it will be any better with the Wc though. His whole body seems to be breaking down.. :shrug:

soulage
05-19-2012, 08:23 PM
There are always some guys disappointed. WC are always cruel Serra for exemple is quite disappointed not having a WC despite his former ranking and his titles.

For Arno let's hope he will be able to play because the injury could prevent him of a goodbye in Roland Garros and then let's hope he will be able to play at a decent level enough to take pleasure for this last dance. I'm quite surprised he didn't enter doubles list :eek: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=12003951&postcount=1 Nico Mahut who was planned to play with Bennet now team up with Dlouhy. Almost all the frenchies have partners so he could skip the double in RG for the first time since ages. No one wants to play with him :scratch: or he doesn't want to play :awww:

Via
05-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Almost all the frenchies have partners so he could skip the double in RG for the first time since ages. No one wants to play with him :scratch: or he doesn't want to play :awww:

I think this tells me more than anything else that he really isn't at a level to play Rg,.. The Wc is really just an opportunity for him to farewell his fans on a national scale :sobbing:

soulage
05-22-2012, 07:27 AM
A jubilé as we say in french. Arno gives little news.

"My calf is getting better although I still feel a slight issue that should fade slowly. I just arrived in Paris to train on the courts of the Porte d'Auteuil and do some care in parallel. I give you more details in midweek. See you soon! "

soulage
05-23-2012, 01:33 PM
The exho Masters Guinot Mary Cohr announce that Arno replace Ferrero and will play Youzhny friday. It's on Eurosport for those who can watch. Let's hope body is ok to play a full match

soulage
05-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Arno gives again info on facebook

Here, the last Roland Garros of my career is fast approaching! And contrary to what people might think, I feel serene. I even wait to get on the court to enjoy these last moments as a player on clay in Paris. Roland Garros is a magical tournament for any tennis player, even more when you're French. In approaching the deadline of the "last", it really made aware of the chance that I had to have been involved all these years in a competition of this magnitude where the public is with us on every point where the emotions of victory are so strong.
So today, I refine my preparation to try to live as intensely as possible those moments that remain etched! I hope to go as far as possible, yet I feel good, relaxed. My training this morning with Youzhny and Richard (Gasquet) yesterday were very well ! What can I say except to give you an appointment for my first round match! "

Interview of Arno by JeanPierre and translation by google :p http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Clement-repond-a-jeanpierre/286264

Tennis - Roland Garros (H):
Clement meets Jeanpierre
Arnaud Clement will play his 15th and last Roland Garros. Porte d'Auteuil, he has seen all, lived and responded to hundreds of interviews. It is therefore to take (just) off balance with matters shifted from his coach, Julien Jeanpierre.
Arnaud Clement and Julien Jeanpierre his coach in a preparation at Roland Garros this week Porte d'Auteuil.
http://medias.lequipe.fr/img-photo-jpg/clement-face-eanpierre/1500000000161054/0:71,984:567-665-0-70/e516b.jpg
Julien Jeanpierre, "Arnaud, if you had the time and means that you as cuisinerais perfect menu?
How do you want me to answer it (smiles)? Right now, there are millions of things I could do. It's too hard as a question. I love so much that there could be dozens of dishes. But I would go on a kibbeh is a Lebanese dish that my grandmother is so incredible. I would get a menu with an oriental tabbouleh, but the real good green tabbouleh and kibbeh and one I would not do dessert. I would no longer hungry because I'd eaten too much kibbeh. With this menu, I can not drink wine, I prefer to focus on food. My focus is on wine, either on the food, but I like a little less mix the two.

What is your goal on time clock climb to Alpe d'Huez when you've stopped playing tennis?
It will not be easy to beat my best time (55'46'') because I'm heavier now. Well trained, I would fall below fifty-five minutes.
"I do not know what it is the tourist mode. It will have someone to explain what it is and how it's done (laughs). I would be very difficult, I would need a very good teacher and why tourist months of training. "Would you be able to do a tournament mode tourist?
(Laughs) No it is not possible. I do not know what it is the tourist mode. It will have someone to explain what it is and how it's done (laughs). I would be very difficult, I would need a very good teacher and why tourist months of training. I would have désaprenne lot (laughs). It may be possible in some years, but not immediately.

Even on the tournaments you've played with the left hand, you were to stop?
Yes, I was the cleat (smiles). I would not be ridiculous, so I brought before you go, I made buckets of the left hand service and training hours. I went there a few tourists but relatively seriously. "- Collected by SD at Roland Garros

CLEMENT SEREIN
Wounded in his right calf in Bordeaux, Arnaud Clement feels more pain and saw his last Roland Garros in serenity: "Roland Garros is always special. I am preparing for weeks and weeks for this purpose. I know that there will be more later, but it's okay. I feel serene, I'm just very excited and I want to have fun. Regardless of the opponent, I want to play a good game. "

Almost the same here http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/259284/clement-je-suis-juste-excite/ with a video at the bottom of the page

BeoWlU0BO8g

Filo V.
05-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Arno got a really awesome draw. Bogomolov in R1 who has lost like 9 straight matches, to play Stepanek/Qualifier. In the third round he would get likely one of Lopez/Kubot. If he was ever going to make a deep run at the French, this is his opportunity. Hopefully his calf is close to 100%, though :unsure:

Fat Camel
05-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Yes! If he is healthy, this is the best draw he could have!

soulage
05-25-2012, 04:28 PM
You're dreaming more than Arno who only hope to play a good match in round 1.Bogomolov is not a clay court player but he's the favorite of that match considering Arno's season and age ;)

Arno lost to Youzhny 16/46 today in the exhibition. I just catch few games and it was a good match from the russian and as Arno's shots have never hurt anybody on clay it was tough for him but he was looking healthy :) Let's hope a good match in RG and win at least sets :cool: Last RG :sad:

soulage
05-27-2012, 12:42 PM
In l'equipe they write that playing his 55th Gs :eek: Arno is the 8th in the Open Era I mean in numbers of GS played.

Arno got a WC for doubles he's playing with Kenny De Schepper and his 2 meters :lol: http://www.rolandgarros.com/fr_FR/scores/draws/md/index.html Remember they played Metz together

He never win a match in double since 2007 and they're playing a good team with Hanley/Kerr so not easy

Marine
05-27-2012, 06:35 PM
"possible dernier grand chelem"... no ! Possible last RG, but not the last grand chelem, I don't think he will stop after RG !

soulage
05-27-2012, 06:48 PM
You read his blog on Huffingtonpost ? He'll play Wimbledon qualies according it but we count only the MD that's why it will be his 55th and maybe last one :sad:

Third on court 1 tomorrow. Good luck to him :angel::angel:

video of today training http://vimeo.com/42934267

Via
05-28-2012, 01:24 AM
it's good to get the fans see him play on a bigger court. i hope french fans will turn out for the farewell...

he just might have got a WC had he told melbourne that it would be his last... but he didn't say that at the time.

yes a dream draw for arno now is actually a dream draw for his opponent :lol:

Marine
05-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Arnaud is playing, he won the first set. They showed some games on FR2 (not easy to show all the courts but at least sometimes they show arnaud), he made some very good points, let's hope it goes on !

soulage
05-28-2012, 01:49 PM
After a good start he lost the second set. Less energy moving more slowly no great serves and poor forehand. Bogomolov hits the ball hard and Arno can't respond. He's really looking 34 Yo now. Arno would need more first serves and some faults by Bomolov cos it's tough for him.

DIP explained that Arno didn't want to leave the tournament today but I hope is prepared cos it could happen if he continues to play badly :sad: Indeed he's playing at his current level The match is quite painful to watch atm and Jean Rene Godard I can't :help:

soulage
05-28-2012, 02:44 PM
He's looking tired and losing that third set is a very bad news for him. It's hot and Arno seems to suffer physically :sad: He missed a BP at 4-4 and has been broken at 4-5 in he game he hit 2 DF.

In the first set we saw what he was able to do and in the next two sets we saw what his body allows him and it's not too much. He's no more the great counter he was. His game needs so much physically that's too much atm

Marine
05-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Too many double faults, that's a pity because he made like 10 aces, he's not regular at serve.
But I think he's playing well since the beginning of the match. I don't think he seems tired.

ps1: Kezzi, Bruno is there !!! ;)
ps2: Daniel Leclerc est lourdeau, j'en peux plus !!!!

soulage
05-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Arno has been dominent all set having many double break points but he has been broken when serving for the set. Bogomolov is now near to the victory :sad:

soulage
05-28-2012, 03:49 PM
He won the tie-break 7-2 saving a MP before when he served for it at 6-5. It will tough in the fifth for Arno and I want to kill Jean René :mad:

Marine
05-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Et non !!! lol
Arnaud won the 4th set at tie break ! :worship:

Now, let's stress out for the last and 5th set :awww:

allezzz arnaud !!!

soulage
05-28-2012, 04:09 PM
pity he didn't convert the BP at 1-0 it was soooooo important

Bogomolov calls the doctor he has a medical time out for His shoulder. The doctor also come to see Arno who suffers physically of course It's his thigh

2 BP missed again at 2-1 I think he will regret all that BP missed as the body is tired

Broken after leading 40-15 he's done and me too.

soulage
05-28-2012, 04:23 PM
What a sad end for Bogomolov not able to serve on the MP :sad: :sad: The mother of Arno was crying at the end

Of course Arno played a too tough match for our nerves :help: :hug:

Marine
05-28-2012, 04:43 PM
:bounce::bounce::clap2::bigclap::bigclap:

BRAVO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soulage
05-28-2012, 04:51 PM
This match and Jean René killed me and surely you Marine ?

What a good way to end an afternoon spend to watch my PC

Marine
05-28-2012, 04:52 PM
This idiot Bogomolov wasted the joy of arnaud on the match point :mad:
He could have served à la cuillère, like changn at least Arnaud could have made a last winner point !

Well, that was touching to see arnaud kissing his mother who was crying then after nolwenn, and his family, and even GACHASSIN who was with them ...:D

ps: Je ne supporte vraiment pas ce Leclerc, qui prend les telespectateurs pour des totals ignards, en faintant le comble de voir les 2 joueurs demander des soins en même temps, genre, c'est très rare au tennis au 5ème set :o, et puis en faisant croire que la foule est en délire "comme au parc des princes" à tout bout de champ alors que c'était lin d'être le cas. Il fait figure de commentateur amateur ( ce qu'il n'est pas), bref, un gros nul, Dip a été bien patient devant tant de débilités sorties en 5 sets. :(

Marine
05-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Attends, c'était pas Leclerc qui commentait ??? Pourquoi tu me parles de Jean-René ???? :lol:
J'comprends plus rien !

Fat Camel
05-28-2012, 04:56 PM
YEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship::worship:
So much emotions. At 34 still winning this marathons, what a fighter Arnaud!

Lesliem
05-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Arnaud est exceptionnel ! :worship::worship::worship:

Ps : Marine c'était Jean René Godard le commentateur lol complétement nul

soulage
05-28-2012, 06:40 PM
A journalist tweet that Arno had cramps during is press conference and has to leave it. that was such a big battle that he just need rest.

Marine
05-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Ps : Marine c'était Jean René Godard le commentateur lol complétement nul

Mon dieu, j'ai cru tout le match que c'était Daniel Leclerc !!!! :rolleyes::eek::lol:
Toutes mes excuses pour les horreurs que j'ai pu dire à son encontre.
Mais ça ne m'étonne pas en fait, puisque j'ai toujours détesté Godard au tour de france, il m'a toujours insupporté !!! Il m'insupporte tout autant au tennis, à la différence que j'aime le tennis, pas le vélo.
Quel nul, c'est clair, il a limite gâché le match avec ses commentaires ridicules et sa façon de s'emporter pour rien. Ca sonnait faux. :(:(

Wow, Arnaud was lucky to have cramps...after Bogomolov ! :lol:

Did you see the video of the "vestiaires", with micka & arnaud, and their fun reaction "ahhh t'as gagné ???? on est foussssssss !!! LOL" both old guys were laughing so much :lol:

soulage
05-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Daniel Lauclair is the guy who make the stupid interview at the end video http://www.francetv.fr/sport/clement-vainqueur-a-l-usure-4005 Godard was commentating on the streaming :mad:

Goffin beats Stepanek in five sets and he had cramps :lol: but Goffin is young very young and talented ;)

Many article about arno i can't sum up all this sorry for non french speakers.

soulage
05-28-2012, 08:22 PM
The equipe.fr interview http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Clement-j-aime-ca-j-adore-ca/287342

google translation http://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lequipe.fr%2FTennis%2FActualite s%2FClement-j-aime-ca-j-adore-ca%2F287342

Clement: "I love it, I love it"
After a fierce battle of 4:19, Arnaud Clement knocked Alex Bogomolov. The French talks about his joy of living this kind of game before being paralyzed by cramps in a press conference.

"Arnaud Clement, how did you manage to win this game?
I fight to the base (smiles). I dominated the second and third sets. I'm here and I say, what you fight! Besides, I do not even ask the question, I have only one thing to do: fight. I just have to try to reverse the trend. The break in the fourth set me a lot of good morale even if he comes back and gets a match. We find the fight when I was really dominated. It's been a month and a half that my goal is Roland. It was worth making this preparation to live that moment.

But where do you get these resources?
I like it, I love it. It's fantastic. It gives me a super short, it gives me the perfect opponent because I know somewhere there will be trade and we'll run. I fought twice, I lost twice, once 6-4 in the third and another in 3:30 7-6 in the third '. I knew we would be in combat and that there would be exchanges. I was nervous because I had very few matches behind me, I do not know how long I had behind me. There is no substitute for matches.
"I like to think that I deserve."How do you judge the attitude of your opponent during the match? Would it not have served with a spoon to finish particular?
And if I spleen after (laughs). I have great respect for this guy. It is part of the same family template. It was the 150th for almost his entire career. Last year he was 25th and today it is still 50th. How he managed? Because he had much training and that he is a warrior on the court. I fought twice and it was always in a good mood. I have enormous respect for him. If he had served, it would have changed anything! It is used and I put the ball in the middle. If not stopped, the referee leaves the penalty spot. This changes nothing.

Do you feel you were rewarded for all the tough games lived at Roland Garros?
I think a lot. I had match point against Fabrice (Santoro) and against Corretja. Against Puerta, I had two match points against Agassi in 99. Once I beat Cedric (Pioline) being led two sets to zero and match point. Here it is I who saved a match point. I like to think I deserve it (smiles). Sport, this is not how it works, but I think it's a great reward on my last Roland can win a game like that in such an atmosphere and in front of my family members and people the world of tennis. When one is shown by the public, we also want to win for him. Today, I'm glad I made this for me, my family and people. "

the video of the end of match http://uk.video.yahoo.com/yahooeurosport-10104300/ukeurosportnew-10104448/bogomolov-quits-at-match-point-29487390.html

Via
05-29-2012, 12:36 AM
thanks... i was reading this forum during the match, but couldn't log on because for some reason my phone could not store cookies. it really is an unbelievable match. for once, filo was right!

i can't watch that uk yahoo video, too bad.

funny all the people that he recalls for the tough matches are now retired. he sounds like such an antique :p

look there's a report on our newspaper http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/alex-bogomolov-jr-quits-french-open-on-match-point-20120529-1zg22.html and it's trending higher than the report on hewitt and tomic lol

soulage
05-29-2012, 07:40 AM
On the cover of l'equipe and a all page :angel: To read it's not easy but it's in french anyway :p

http://static.lequipe.fr/Quotidien/une/une_v6.jpg

http://images4.hiboox.com/images/2212/06f23590f504e2392d920e4b108748ca.jpg (http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/divers/eq2925,06f23590f504e2392d920e4b108748ca.jpg.html)

parisien

http://images4.hiboox.com/images/2212/095bbb9e70a5b400549c6bd11bfe7e96.jpg (http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/divers/par2505,095bbb9e70a5b400549c6bd11bfe7e96.jpg.html)

soulage
05-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Last match on court 1 tomorrow after Mika. Let's hope some pleasure again :angel: Doubles should be thursday.

Marine
05-29-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm really "touched" by the cover of "L'Equipe" today, that proves they always have liked him. And in general, I'm very happy by all the stuff I read yesterday and today in the medias about arnaud. Everybody respect him as a player, I like they talk about his passion for his sport, he's known for that Arnaud. He's very respected.
There's even a famous football journalist who twitted "arnaud clément, ça c'est du sport pour le sport. Du courage pour le courage. Un fin poignante. 1ere émotion à RG". :worship:

I love the article of l'Equipe, thank you soulage, and Nolwenn always so sweet with her good advices for the color of the last t-shirt !(She'll be perfect as a supporter of DC when he'll be captain :lol:)

soulage
05-30-2012, 08:26 AM
article about the veterans and about what he did yesterday and OMG what he eat after his match :eek::eek:

http://images4.hiboox.com/images/2212/c709f87d20b5d3f28d059a94840a37f7.jpg (http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/divers/eq3005,c709f87d20b5d3f28d059a94840a37f7.jpg.html)

http://images4.hiboox.com/images/2212/a130186e1f1aa7a862ff939451dcd64d.jpg (http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/divers/eq30,a130186e1f1aa7a862ff939451dcd64d.jpg.html)

Marine
05-30-2012, 02:39 PM
OMG, I didn't know he could eat as much, even after big efforts ! :eek:
For non speaking french: "hand-made delicious croque-monsieurs, much rice, big mixed salad (with salad, mais, surimi, tomatos, artichoke) then... some good dark chocolat, my new passion". :lol:

ohh soulage, nonnnnnn, it's Godard again in comments :rolleyes::mad:

soulage
05-30-2012, 05:51 PM
The last minutes of Arno in RG. he's barely able to move :sad: and all the belgians are cheering for Goffin. Rain is coming

Fat Camel
05-30-2012, 05:55 PM
The last minutes of Arno in RG. he's barely able to move :sad: and all the belgians are cheering for Goffin. Rain is coming

Goffin is playing like terminator these last 2 sets :eek: No errors! Bagel made him the beast.

Arnaud :sad:

soulage
05-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Goffin is very talented and Arno tired. The match has been stopped at 5-1. Arno will leave tomorrow. Strange end

Fat Camel
05-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Play suspended. It was raining since the beginning of the last set, Arnaud was even playing without glasses, because the raindrops were falling, i suppose. unfortunately, Bernandes stopped the game only now, 1-5 30-0.

Arnaud had his chances in the second set, leading 4-3 with the break. :sad:
Even Nature wants Arnaud to stay one more day at RG :worship:

soulage
05-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Arno would have like the match has been stopped early when he was only one break down. He had no more energy so he thinks rain could save him but with two breaks down it's done. Not easy to play under rain but we can't say Goffin is not deserving is leading position. Arno had only the fuel for 3/4 sets.

Marine
05-30-2012, 07:21 PM
What a pity, he was winning 2 sets /1. I would have prefered the match finished tonight, it won't be the same atmosphere in the stadium tomorrow, today it was great with all the kids...
It's not good to go back on the court to play only a few points and...stop :sad:

soulage
05-30-2012, 07:33 PM
yes i don't like when a match almost done is stopped. He will come few minutes and leave not the same feeling that a real ending match :sad: Tonigh maybe people were there for him like Forget or his brother not sure they'll be there tomorrow :sad: Then Arno was in really bad mood due that he was losing, tired and rain was great irritation

When he asked for the stop the first time at 4-1 I think
http://static.lexpress.fr/medias/1907/976507_tennis-fra-open-roland-garros-men.jpg

I'm sorry he wasn't able to win that match but he gives everything and I'm Ok with the talent of Goffin. I can't believe it will turn tomorrow so i'm already talking about the loss :bolt: The doubles is also scheduled tomorrow afternoon :scared:

Arni is on the entry list od Wimbledon qualies so he really plan to play there ;)

Fat Camel
05-30-2012, 07:52 PM
yes i don't like when a match almost done is stopped. He will come few minutes and leave not the same feeling that a real ending match :sad: Tonigh maybe people were there for him like Forget or his brother not sure they'll be there tomorrow :sad: Then Arno was in really bad mood due that he was losing, tired and rain was great irritation

When he asked for the stop the first time at 4-1 I think
http://static.lexpress.fr/medias/1907/976507_tennis-fra-open-roland-garros-men.jpg

I'm sorry he wasn't able to win that match but he gives everything and I'm Ok with the talent of Goffin. I can't believe it will turn tomorrow so i'm already talking about the loss :bolt: The doubles is also scheduled tomorrow afternoon :scared:

Arni is on the entry list od Wimbledon qualies so he really plan to play there ;)

he still can win.
He proved today that he can win 6 games in a row :)
Goffin has a nice game, but i don't like his lack of emotions, charisma etc. It would be so great if Arnaud made the miracle on his last RG.

Lesliem
05-30-2012, 07:55 PM
I prefer him to finish tommorow he was very tired at the end, people were leaving the stands because of the hour and the weather. It's probably lost but I think he will try to fight tommorow even if it's just for some points. And at least the ceremony will be in the afternoon with a lot of people in the stands !

Contrairement à vous j'aurai trouvé vraiment triste qu'il termine tard avec l'arrivée de la pluie et les gens qui quittaient les gradins. Il aurait du être programmé plus tôt ou demain comme PHM qui pourtant avait joué lundi. Et puis les enfants/ados qui passaient leur temps à crier Nolwenn c'était vraiment très lourd...

soulage
05-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Goffin has a nice game, but i don't like his lack of emotions, charisma etc. It would be so great if Arnaud made the miracle on his last RG.
it's obvious Goffin has a lack of charisma ;) I will never be a fan :lol: then he has a very good game and I love that :cool:

For the win I'm not dreaming :p I mean yes until the end everything can happen but Goffin will need to help Arno with gift points.

soulage
05-30-2012, 08:07 PM
I prefer him to finish tommorow he was very tired at the end, people were leaving the stands because of the hour and the weather. It's probably lost but I think he will try to fight tommorow even if it's just for some points. And at least the ceremony will be in the afternoon with a lot of people in the stands !

Contrairement à vous j'aurai trouvé vraiment triste qu'il termine tard avec l'arrivée de la pluie et les gens qui quittaient les gradins. Il aurait du être programmé plus tôt ou demain comme PHM qui pourtant avait joué lundi. Et puis les enfants/ados qui passaient leur temps à crier Nolwenn c'était vraiment très lourd...
Which ceremony ? It will have not athmosphere tomorrow after few minutes and family and friends were there today. He could come play 10 points and leave :sad:

J'ai pas pu suivre le match en entier à cause du travail mais en rentrant et en retouvant JR Godard sur le streaming j'ai cru défaillir :mad: Il faisait une fixette sur Nolwenn en plus :lol:

Lesliem
05-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Which ceremony ? It will have not athmosphere tomorrow after few minutes and family and friends were there today. He could come play 10 points and leave :sad:

J'ai pas pu suivre le match en entier à cause du travail mais en rentrant et en retouvant JR Godard sur le streaming j'ai cru défaillir :mad: Il faisait une fixette sur Nolwenn en plus :lol:

Ils annoncent (les médias) depuis le début du tournoi qu'il y aura une petite cérémonie pour rendre hommage à Arnaud (comme pour Santoro je suppose) après son match. Je n'ai pas rêvé quand même ? :cool: Après peut être qu'il ne voudra pas mais je pense qu'ils prévoient quelque chose, au moins un discours un peu plus long.

Et puis l'atmosphère de ce soir ou on entendait surtout les supporters belges et puis les gens quittaient les gradins, j'ai pas trouvé ça top non plus.

Désolée pour le français mais là c'est trop compliqué pour moi surtout à cette heure ci :p

soulage
05-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Ils annoncent (les médias) depuis le début du tournoi qu'il y aura une petite cérémonie pour rendre hommage à Arnaud (comme pour Santoro je suppose) après son match. Je n'ai pas rêvé quand même ? :cool: Après peut être qu'il ne voudra pas mais je pense qu'ils prévoient quelque chose, au moins un discours un peu plus long.

Et puis l'atmosphère de ce soir ou on entendait surtout les supporters belges et puis les gens quittaient les gradins, j'ai pas trouvé ça top non plus.

Désolée pour le français mais là c'est trop compliqué pour moi surtout à cette heure ci :p
Which medias ? Jean René ? Well it's not his last match and he had nothing in Marseille so :confused: Tonight Arno was in bad mood with the way he was losing so not sure it was the best idea :lol:

Yes belgians fans are the best in RG remember his match vs Rochus and kid's day is not my favorite day :secret:

Lesliem
05-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Non pas Jean René uniquement (lol) mais les journalistes de France TV en général et ça me paraîtrait logique (je me demande si DIP, Brabant & Co n'en ont pas parlé aussi mais sans certitudes). ça serait décevant qu'il n'ait rien, c'est quand même son dernier Roland, ça n'est pas comparable à un tournoi ATP ou à un tournoi à l'étranger (Wimbledon qui se profile comme son dernier tournoi). Je veux dire Arnaud a quand même eu des matchs incroyables en Grand chelem et même si il n'a jamais brillé ici il a réalisé des matchs très accrochés. Sans compter ses matchs en Coupe Davis. Santoro et Grosjean ont eu leur cérémonie, pourquoi pas Arnaud ?

soulage
05-30-2012, 08:58 PM
I didn't know but I believe you. We'll see but not a great fan of ceremony when they are not well prepared ;) I mean in Marseille or for his last match it would have been better. We'll see ;)

C'est moi ou France Telévision fait de la lèche à Arno partant du principe qu'il sera capitaine de coupe davis selon eux :unsure: :cuckoo:

Marine
05-30-2012, 08:59 PM
It's Laurent Luyat who doesn't stop saying there will have a little ceremony after he lost, he says it since monday "et restez avec nous, c'est LE dernier RG d'arnaud clément, il y aura une petite cérémonie....etc... ", and I think he said "peut-être une surprise", but I think it's still the fixette sur Nolwenn, il a supplié Daniel Leclerc de faire une ptite itw avec elle, c'était le challenge de la journée. :rolleyes: lol

(nice mix frenghlish :lol:)

Fat Camel
05-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Fortunately, i understand French :)

soulage
05-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Lundi Luyat a du répété 100 fois que c'était le dernier RG d'Arno et je sens vraiment que c'est de la lèche vis à vis du capitanat parce que les autres années depuis l'arrivée de Tsonga et ses amis au top ils nous parlaient pas trop d'Arno sauf pour l’embêter sur sa vie privée :rolleyes:

So this ceremony is maybe a fake of france telévison I'm wondering what is exactly this story ? I remember few minutes on center court for Seb when he retired and long time for Santoro for his last RG but Santoro was loving that kind of honors :lol: :devil:

Lesliem
05-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Lundi Luyat a du répété 100 fois que c'était le dernier RG d'Arno et je sens vraiment que c'est de la lèche vis à vis du capitanat parce que les autres années depuis l'arrivée de Tsonga et ses amis au top ils nous parlaient pas trop d'Arno sauf pour l’embêter sur sa vie privée :rolleyes:

So this ceremony is maybe a fake of france telévison I'm wondering what is exactly this story ? I remember few minutes on center court for Seb when he retired and long time for Santoro for his last RG but Santoro was loving that kind of honors :lol: :devil:
I agree about Luyat and he is always ironic about Nolwenn (and his comments in general are pathetic). I don't think it will be a ceremony like Seb on center court with the FFT but just a speech from Arnaud and maybe presents or I don't know (juste un petit hommage pour sa carrière quoi mais pas un truc officiel).

La "mission" du jour de Lauclair c'était vraiment très lourd et je suis contente qu'elle n'ait pas eu lieu.

Via
05-31-2012, 12:56 AM
for arno's sake, the match really should've stopped earlier in the 5th set. it's more likely he could come back more refreshed the next day. i'm not surprised he's agitated lol

i guess then it's just the right way to farewell arno... fighting the umpire till the last match :p

Kezzi
05-31-2012, 09:28 AM
If there's a ceremony, can anyone record it? I probably can't see it, I'm already lucky Arnaud plays a Belgian and I can receive two Belgian channels here. One broadcasts RG :)

Fat Camel
05-31-2012, 11:33 AM
Arnaud lost all four points today, but he looked very happy and they made this ceremony for him :)

Lesliem
05-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Nice ceremony from FFT with Forget & Gachassin (so it was official) with a smiling Arnaud in better mood than yesterday for sure. I'm happy the end was today with crowd and sun :). All the family was there (brother, parents, aunt, gf, grand mother ect). It was on Court n°1, it was intimist and nice.

J'ai bien aimé les allusions de Gachassin sur ce qui attend Arnaud pour la suite...

Via
05-31-2012, 12:27 PM
i guess i should have a happy tear in my eyes. 11 years following his career. at least he's well loved by many people.

loulou33
05-31-2012, 12:47 PM
ceremony : http://pepsie.org/A._Clement_RG_31-05-12.mp4

loulou33
05-31-2012, 12:50 PM
http://vimeo.com/43180462

soulage
05-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Thanks I will watch this later. Pity he didn't win a point :sad:

They're playing doubles already down a break in the first set.

soulage
05-31-2012, 03:46 PM
They lost 36/76(5) it's really the end now :sad:

He should give his last press conference in RG. From what I read in some article he could play 2 or 3 more tournaments for the pleasure it will also depends of the decision about DC captain. So not sure he will go until the end of the season :unsure:

About DC captain Jo said they try to choose someone who correspond to everybody. I'm still thinking Escude is the fav because of his experience with fed cup and retired since a long time. So no big news about what he will do in the next weeks or next months

I just watch the ceremony i'm still thinking it would have better yesterday :rolleyes: Then it was short and nice :) Poor mum she can't stop crying for his son :hug:

Kezzi
05-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the videos! :)

It's good to see Arnaud still happy in the ceremony. And I also liked that he talked a bit with Goffin at the net, I saw that on tv and then they cut off the ceremony after the little I interview with Goffin. He said it was an honor to play Arnaud. :)
I did have to laugh when they showed Nolwenn at the start. The Belgian commenter said: Again the camera has lots of attention for Arnaud's girlfriend. :lol: I guess he doesn't know her other than the gf of Arnaud. :p

I hope he decides to play a tournament near me, so I can go to watch him. Otherwise Marseille was the last. :sad:

loulou33
05-31-2012, 06:07 PM
http://pepsie.org/France2_hommage.mp4

soulage
05-31-2012, 07:28 PM
I hope he decides to play a tournament near me, so I can go to watch him. Otherwise Marseille was the last. :sad:
Wimbledon qualies maybe

Interview translated by google

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eurosport.fr%2Ftennis%2Froland-garros%2F2012%2Fclement-de-la-chance_sto3293802%2Fstory.shtml and this one http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lequipe.fr%2FTennis%2FActualite s%2FClement-une-chance-de-dingue%2F288020

soulage
06-01-2012, 06:59 AM
He's really waiting the answer for DC captain you feel he wants to know if it's him or not. He stays in Paris until wednesday he doesn't know if he'll play the qualies of Queen's but he says that he will ask a WC for Wimbledon :eek: Nothing says it will be his last tournament but maybe he could play few tournaments then but he doesn't know yet he's wondering about US Open qualies he says he has family there it's NY but it will depend of his motivation.

So he asks a WC for Wimbledon :eek: He already had one last year it would be more surprising this year. If they refuse it's not sure he'll play qualies I think :confused: Few weeks ago he was OK to go until the end of the season and know it's not sure he'll play again :sad: About DC you feel he's motivated but it seems that the players are not OK everyone has his favorite. Arno will surely need time to find what to do after more than 15 years as a tennis player.

That's a strange feeling to think he'll be no more on courts :sad: That sounds real now

http://images4.hiboox.com/vignettes/2212/5e2f1d85b15ca149f9047b9dd3865945.jpg (http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/divers/eq0106,5e2f1d85b15ca149f9047b9dd3865945.jpg.html)

Some video interview

http://www.rolandgarros.com/fr_FR/multimedia/2012-05-31/0137a3d72ce8000003ca.html

http://video.lequipe.fr/video/a85ed174500s.html

http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/roland-garros/2012/avantage-leconte-arnaud_vid233693/video.shtml

Kezzi
06-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Wimbledon is overseas, so not really near me. ;) It's also pretty expensive.
As for the WC, it's worth a shot. If he doesn't ask, he surely won't get one. In NL we have a saying 'you have no, you can get yes'. It doesn't really translate very well, but it means that there's no harm in asking. He's not losing anything by doing that. :shrug:
And maybe now he feels like not playing much, but I don't think that will last long. He loves the game too much and has too many doubts as to finish the season. Maybe he will also play Swiss bundesliga again as it seems he had fun there last year. :)