ARG 2-1 CRO - Nalbandian/Schwank def. Cilic/Karlovic 3-6 7-6(6) 6-3 6-7(6) 8-6 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

ARG 2-1 CRO - Nalbandian/Schwank def. Cilic/Karlovic 3-6 7-6(6) 6-3 6-7(6) 8-6

Certinfy
04-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Not as bad as yesterday's match but 110 winners and 189 unforced errors combined. :lol:

4hrs 49mins of play too.

No way Del Potro can lose to this Cilic, especially not after Cilic playing 10hrs of tennis in 2 days.

Coolio_Jack
04-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Eh, good old days of Ljubo/Ancic combination...

Actually Ancic should come back from retirement just for doubles, and Ljubo keep playing just for doubles, they would still be like 3x better then those 2.

Voo de Mar
04-07-2012, 08:50 PM
This tie has turned into a mug-epic, painful to watch those errors spreading everywhere, Croats and their captain so unemotional like they were playing on soporifics :facepalm:

shotgun
04-07-2012, 08:50 PM
No way Del Potro can lose to this Cilic, especially not after Cilic playing 10hrs of tennis in 2 days.

Doesn't really matter as Karlovic wouldn't beat Monaco.

Deathless Mortal
04-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Ivo fucked it up. So much for "genius Krajan putting Cilic to play doubles", he played really well.

Best crowd ever. :worship:

samanosuke
04-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Disgusting from Karlovic. Cilic looked like McEnroe in any part of doubles game for this scumbag . Deserved to be spitted in that indolent face for this match. Nobody required return winners from him, but such pathetic volleying is disgraceful, didn't hit any first serve in clutch moments . Disgrace

Nalbandian on the other side was comical. In first 4 sets Cilic with any guy capable for hitting decent return now and then would have broke him in every single service game. The tie is now pretty much decided, mainly because extraordinary effort from tallest fool on entire ATP

petar_pan
04-07-2012, 08:55 PM
This tie turned into a mug-epic, painful to watch those errors spreading everywhere, Croats and their captain so unemotional like they were playing on soporifics :facepalm:

He isn't DC coach at all. All DC coach in the world are involve in the tie, but this guy isn't. However, Croatia is good with him.

Point of the match was at 4:3, 30:15 on nalby serve in the 5th. Karlovic had an forehand volley on the net and he he miised. He really should made that. However we don't have chance for any point on Sunday. Cilic can't beat Del Potro on clay (and he has playing 10 hours of tennis) and Karlovic is really in bad form. So he hasn't any chance too.

Disgusting from Karlovic. Cilic looked like McEnroe in any part of doubles game for this scumbag . Deserved to be spitted in that indolent face for this match. Nobody required return winners from him, but such pathetic volleying is disgraceful, didn't hit any first serve in clutch moments . Disgrace

Nalbandian on the other side was comical. In first 4 sets Cilic with any guy capable for hitting decent return now and then would have broke him in every single service game. The tie is now pretty much decided, mainly because extraordinary effort from tallest fool on entire ATP

Yes Cilic was clearly better player. He even served better.

Kiedis
04-07-2012, 09:04 PM

Bad times for the croatian tennis :sad:

But at least I can see that you are taking it easy :lol:

gaitare
04-07-2012, 09:04 PM
On 5th April 2002 Ivo lost in Argentina in Davis Cup QF to Chela, on 7th April 2002 he lost the decisive rubber to Gaudio.

Exactly 10 years later he plays terribly again. Funny that half a year ago Karlovic's volleying was GOAT. Poor Marin.

Soooooooooo happy for Edu and David.

Voo de Mar
04-07-2012, 09:05 PM
He isn't DC coach at all. All DC coach in the world are involve in the tie, but this guy isn't. However, Croatia is good with him.

So who he is, a spectator who is accidentally allowed to seat on the court-side? :D

Filo V.
04-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Nalby and Ivo were both between bad and atrocious for almost the entire match. But Nalby raised his game when it mattered and Ivo did not. Cilic made some errors at the end of the match but really the Argentines, especially Schwank, stepped up and took it.

I feel bad for Cilic. He deserved more than what he received today.

samanosuke
04-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Croatia never had decent coach. Pilic was so old so he wasn't aware that he is coaching, Prpic never showed emotions, and Krajan... I actually admire him. would like to see mental condition of any of you after coaching safina

Naudio Spanlatine
04-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Marin really needed a better dubs player, dr ivo was not great at all:o:o:o
Poor Marin:sad:

Actually Ancic should come back from retirement just for doubles, and Ljubo keep playing just for doubles, they would still be like 3x better then those 2.

I miss that duo:sobbing:
So very true:awww:

Sombrerero loco
04-07-2012, 09:13 PM
:facepalm: for croatia...

Naudio Spanlatine
04-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Ancic is gone, Ljubucic is gone, well i have to say their is no future that can replace the dynamic duo they had:awww:

RIboy
04-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Yes Cilic was clearly better player. He even served better.

and bigger :jeanlucpicard'sfacepalm:

we don't deserve world group...from outfits to unemotional reactions....pathetic

Blue Heart24
04-07-2012, 09:33 PM
The tie is over,but it was better effort than expected from our team,so congrats.

This :lol:

Ivo fucked it up. So much for "genius Krajan putting Cilic to play doubles", he played really well.

Best crowd ever. :worship:

No he didnt,but he did a lot better than Ivo,who was utterly pathetic.Still,generaly speaking Cilic is a bad doubles player,and when Dodig comes back he should be playing doubles with Ivo,who I hope really cant play as bad as he did today.

and bigger :jeanlucpicard'sfacepalm:

we don't deserve world group...from outfits to unemotional reactions....pathetic

We do.But that would be it.With occasionally advancing to the QF's when we get some easier opponent in first round,the team really doesn't have enough quality for more than that.

RIboy
04-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Karlovic w/ his returning skills can't play doubles...how many free points he gifted w/ shitty bh slices

fast_clay
04-07-2012, 09:35 PM
is what happens to a team that does not have dodig...

everyone knows that the substance that lives inside dodig's testicles is the glue that binds any victorious team...

RIboy
04-07-2012, 09:39 PM
how did Karlovic beat Bryan sisters twice is one of the biggest misteries to me...inexplicably

petar_pan
04-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Bad times for the croatian tennis :sad:

But at least I can see that you are taking it easy :lol:

Isn't bad to play 50:50 vs Argentina away. We have solid/good team.

And future is bright. We have really, really big talent: Borna Coric is his name. He is baseliner and he he will be around 187.

BroTree123
04-08-2012, 04:31 AM
Mugvis Cup QF :o.

gulzhan
04-08-2012, 06:34 AM
Croats can be proud of their team. Hell, even I am proud for Cilic and Karlovic! No one expected Croatia to put up a fight like this to Argentina on clay and on their soil.

Gillouthe best
04-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Strange that Nalby is playing so bad in a DC week, he is truly a DC hero, but this week he has put a muggish performance.

viruzzz
04-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Nalby playing bad, Ivo playing bad.
Actually it isn't a good week for my favs.

Whatever, a win is a win. I'm so sad for Ivo...