Steps/Berdych routines past Zimonjic/Bozoljac [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Steps/Berdych routines past Zimonjic/Bozoljac

Honzicekkk
04-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Nice win for czech double, really good performance. Ajde!

BroTree123
04-07-2012, 04:41 PM
This is war.

Certinfy
04-07-2012, 04:41 PM
10-1 in doubles tie when they pair with each other. :worship:

Definitely a real possibility of a medal at the Olympics for the pair.

acionescu
04-07-2012, 04:44 PM
they are awesome :worship: :worship:

stanch
04-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Congrats Tomáš! :yeah:
Nenad, Ilija... :facepalm: Horrible... :help:

MuzzahLovah
04-07-2012, 06:21 PM
10-1 in doubles tie when they pair with each other. :worship:

Definitely a real possibility of a medal at the Olympics for the pair.

It's funny, I thought from watching the Hoffman Cup that Berdych kinda sucked in doubles.

SerialKillerToBe
04-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Who's idea was it to put Bozoljac in this match? :stupid:

acionescu
04-07-2012, 06:33 PM
I suspect Tipsy either didnt want to take on court either was rested for singles

Certinfy
04-07-2012, 06:35 PM
It's funny, I thought from watching the Hoffman Cup that Berdych kinda sucked in doubles.He was bad there, but so was Kvitova. :lol: In Davis Cup he's a lot better.

Horatio Caine
04-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Who's idea was it to put Bozoljac in this match? :stupid:

The only other alternative was Troicki! :lol:

It would have been a risk to play Tipsarevic, considering his marathon with Stepanek yesterday. Sure, Stepanek did actually play the doubles today, but the Czech pairing (Berdych and Stepanek) would have been favoured against him and Zimonjic.

Tipsarevic has now had some rest ahead of his singles against Berdych, so that should help him a little. If he is somehow able to level the tie again for Serbia, a rested Troicki might fancy his chances against a weary Stepanek. Fitness is about the only edge Troicki could hope for at the moment, really.

Smart decision by Serbia captain today, and a bold move by the Czechs to risk Stepanek's fitness. Paid off very nicely.

tennishero
04-07-2012, 06:43 PM
stepanek showed the 2 fingers this time

stanch
04-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Tipsarevic has now had some rest ahead of his singles against Berdych, so that should help him a little. If he is somehow able to level the tie again for Serbia, a rested Troicki might fancy his chances against a weary Stepanek. Fitness is about the only edge Troicki could hope for at the moment, really.

Smart decision by Serbia captain today, and a bold move by the Czechs to risk Stepanek's fitness. Paid off very nicely.

Sounds nice but only theoretically... We're doomed... Even if Janko beats Berdych, our team depends on Troicki... :tape:

romismak
04-07-2012, 07:02 PM
I really donīt think Bozoljac played that bad, he wasnīt much worse than Zimonjic. BTW is not important who play doubles - Berdych-Stepanek would win against any SRB doubles team, how i mentioned in other thread yesterday, CZE doubles team is winning all the time, while SRB doubles team is loosing all the time- just look on stats for last 2-3 seasons, it was clear that Berdych-Stepanek are going to win this doubles match.

romismak
04-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Sounds nice but only theoretically... We're doomed... Even if Janko beats Berdych, our team depends on Troicki... :tape:

Viktor is out of form, but still if those guys have some brain and Janko win that point against Berdych, Viktor must win against Stepanek- i still donīt get it how Janko choked it to 5 sets... he should have won in straight sets on clay. - Stepanek has no pace on his groundstrokes, he is 33,, stamina - wise Viktor must destroy him, just hit your shots left, right, left, right some drop shots and that guy must be dead tired in mid 3rd set, Viktor is better counter-puncher than Janko and has solid serve, if they would came out with right tactics Viktor must beat on clay Stepanek i think. There is no excuse here.

stanch
04-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Viktor is out of form, but still if those guys have some brain and Janko win that point against Berdych, Viktor must win against Stepanek- i still donīt get it how Janko choked it to 5 sets... he should have won in straight sets on clay. - Stepanek has no pace on his groundstrokes, he is 33,, stamina - wise Viktor must destroy him, just hit your shots left, right, left, right some drop shots and that guy must be dead tired in mid 3rd set, Viktor is better counter-puncher than Janko and has solid serve, if they would came out with right tactics Viktor must beat on clay Stepanek i think. There is no excuse here.

I agree, but Viktor has been so bad lately... And he played a really terrible match against Berdych yesterday, almost looked like an amateur... Therefore, Serbian team can only rely on SmRadek being tired... :unsure:

Voo de Mar
04-08-2012, 09:36 AM
It's comical that other players than Berdych and Stepanek pose to doubles photos before ties. Usually changes in a doubles team are caused by a specific outcome of the first day but in the Czech case no matter what happens on day one, Berdych and Stepanek play together in doubles:
- when the Czechs lead 2-0 they are supposed to clinch the tie
- when it's 1-1 they are supposed to win a crucial rubber
- when they lose 0-2 only this pair can turn the things around

Navratil with his decisions can surprise only his mullet :lol:

Gillouthe best
04-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Berdych & Stepanek are a great DC doubles team, only remember them losing to Verdasco/Lopez in DC Final in 2009.

LisaKoh
04-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Tomas is good with Radek because Radek is a smart tactician on the tennis court. Tomas just lets Sexanek lead.