WWW Miami R1: [Q] Dancevic vs Chardy [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW Miami R1: [Q] Dancevic vs Chardy

Filo V.
03-22-2012, 03:59 AM
This match will be Dancevic's first at the Masters 1000 level since Montreal 2009. Dancevic won six matches from qualifying to win the Dallas Challenger, and bag $18,000 with 130 ranking points. He qualified defeating Mello in straights and dominating in the third set over Sugita on Tuesday. Chardy made the third round of Miami in 2010 and has moved from #103 to #64 this season on the back of a challenger win, SF in Vina Del Mar, QF of Acapulco and qualifying and winning a match in Sao Paulo.

These two have never played each other. Both are shotmakers who rely on their serves, but I think Dancevic is the better HC player and has a more stable overall game. He's in great form and I can't see Chardy having many looks to break here. I expect Dancevic to win in straights, something like 7-6 6-2.

OnlyOneGOAT
03-22-2012, 07:13 AM
I've always liked Frankie D but unfortunately his game never panned out. He played well for 2 sets against Tsonga in Vancouver during DC but the result was expected. Hopefully he can come through this week against Chardy who's a huge clown.