WWW Miami R1: Becker vs Rochus [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW Miami R1: Becker vs Rochus

Filo V.
03-22-2012, 03:38 AM
A match between two veterans here.

Becker is coming back from elbow surgery and has moved his ranking from a low of #346 to his current provisional ranking of #160, helped by making the semifinals of Memphis. Benji made the fourth round of Miami in 2010, defeating Robredo in a third set tiebreak in R3 before losing to Roddick. Olli has lost in the first round of four of his last five tournaments, but made the fourth round here last season after qualifying, beating Baghdatis and Youzhny along the way and winning four straight three setters after his first round qualifying match.

H2H is 1 all, but both matches were on grass. I think Becker wins this match if he's serving well. He can stay in rallies with Olli and he has the bigger weapons. Winner plays Benneteau in R2 so this is a big opportunity for both to make a potential run here. Vote up to give your answer on who you think will win this match!

emotion
03-22-2012, 04:04 AM
Two of my faves. And winner plays another fave. I do not, however, think Becker can keep up with Rochus in rallies and he's not getting quite as many aces as he used to

BroTree123
03-22-2012, 04:31 AM
A "real" old-school tennis match here. May the best fucker win :yeah:

emotion
03-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Two of my faves. And winner plays another fave. I do not, however, think Becker can keep up with Rochus in rallies and he's not getting quite as many aces as he used to

Every time I insult someone's serve they have best serving day of their lives. Every time. Becker has 18 aces in 2 sets and 1 game. In second set, he hit 15 1st serves and 9 were aces.

Li Ching Yuen
03-22-2012, 09:37 PM
That has a lot to do with Rochus. Because he is so short, he is one of the most aced players on the ATP tour. (probably even beyond that)

Not that Becker's serve is bad, but still.