WWW Miami R1: [Q] Bubka vs Gulbis [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW Miami R1: [Q] Bubka vs Gulbis

Filo V.
03-22-2012, 02:20 AM
Bubka qualified into Indian Wells a few weeks ago and led 5-0 over Davydenko before collapsing, and qualified into the MD of Miami defeating Dutra Da Silva and Chiudinelli in straight sets. Gulbis has lost in the first round of four of five ATP tournaments this season and is 1-3 in Miami in his career. On paper, this should be a win for Gulbis, as Bubka generally struggles to beat top 100 players. But given Bubka qualifying here and having matches under him, and the confidence qualifying here will have given him, plus with Gulbis' overall lack of form, this match could easily end up being a surprise.

Who do you all think takes the win here? Vote up!

Johnny Groove
03-22-2012, 02:29 AM
What a battle of strategic tacticians. This match will be tennistic chess, each player carefully maneuvering the other out of position, slicing an approach down the line, and closing with a volley that Edberg would applaud.

No telling who wins this matchup of mentally tough giants of the game with more variety than a Swedish whore house.

I pick the jet-setting Eastern European in 3.

mooncreek
03-22-2012, 04:36 AM
What a battle of strategic tacticians. This match will be tennistic chess, each player carefully maneuvering the other out of position, slicing an approach down the line, and closing with a volley that Edberg would applaud.

No telling who wins this matchup of mentally tough giants of the game with more variety than a Swedish whore house.

I don't know how you wrote all that without laughing.

That said, I pick the Swedish whore house expert in 3.

BroTree123
03-22-2012, 06:57 AM
Bubka in 2. Gulbis is a fucking joke these days.

Li Ching Yuen
03-22-2012, 11:36 AM

Yes, because the whole of the ATP right now is full of silky smooth magicians of the tennis ball that thrive on variety and finesse of point construction. Or did you reach that conclusion by projecting yourself into the Top100 and thus re-adjusting the image of modern tennis in it's entirety?

Johnny Groove
03-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Yes, because the whole of the ATP right now is full of silky smooth magicians of the tennis ball that thrive on variety and finesse of point construction. Or did you reach that conclusion by projecting yourself into the Top100 and thus re-adjusting the image of modern tennis in it's entirety?

:lol:

Surely you know I was joking. Gulbis and Bubka strategic tacticians? :spit: Yes, and Blake is a master of of point construction :p

My game is a Federer style game, very aggressive, but with a better backhand and not so good serve.

Li Ching Yuen
03-22-2012, 02:52 PM
:lol:

Surely you know I was joking. Gulbis and Bubka strategic tacticians? :spit: Yes, and Blake is a master of of point construction :p

My game is a Federer style game, very aggressive, but with a better backhand and not so good serve.

:worship:

The good thing is that sarcasm flies right past you.

Yves.
03-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Two players with rich dads, interesting.

Hellraiser
03-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Two players with rich dads, interesting.

And from post-russian countries very interesting.

myrt
03-22-2012, 08:19 PM
DO they have Azarenka in common?