Miami R1: Dodig def. [LL] Kamke 6-0 2-6 7-6(5) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R1: Dodig def. [LL] Kamke 6-0 2-6 7-6(5)

Filo V.
03-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Scoreline is sort of deceiving (at least the first set scoreline) since Dodig rarely had easy holds of serve throughout the match, and struggled throughout the entire match to hold. There was a long break between the second and third sets, which maybe (?) would explain the struggle to hold serve for Dodig.

Dodig saved four break points the first service game of the match, saved 0-40 against his serve and four more BPs at *2-0 in a very long deuce game, and had 30 all on his serve at *4-0. Kamke won 41% of return points in the first set; he saved three BPs before being broken in another long deuce game to go down 0-*4 and had two game points before being broken to get bageled in the first set.

In the second set, Kamke won his first game for 1 all in the set to 30, after missing all first serves in the game. Kamke held serve again before breaking Dodig twice in a row to take the set. Kamke only lost five service points in the second set and Dodig won only 48% of service points, with a below 50% first serve percentage.

In the third set, Kamke broke to 30 to take the early lead. Kamke also had 30-*15 at 4-*2 to take complete control, before Dodig held hitting back to back aces to get to game point. Dodig had break point to break back immediately for 1 all and 15-30 to break at 2-*3, which were not taken, until finally breaking serve for 4 all, after Kamke had two game points. Dodig held to love for the first time in the match to hold for 5-4 and had 0-30 to break to win the match, before Kamke won four straight points to hold. Dodig held to 15 for 6-5 and Kamke saved a match point against him to hold to send the match into a final set decider.

In the tiebreak, both guys held serve until Dodig got the first mini-break for 4-*2. Kamke got things back on serve for 5-4, before Dodig won two straight points from 5 all to win the match.

Both guys have been really, really struggling and a win here was very important for both. Mayer in the next round will present a great opportunity for Dodig to make the third round here...........but hopefully Flo does what is required and handles his business. Match took 2:42 to complete.

Orka_n
03-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Balls to heavy for Kamke in the breaker, as expected as they come.

Also Filo, you must have quite a lot of spare time these days I take it?

Coolio_Jack
03-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Man your analyzing too much something you didnt watch, scoreboard can be very deceiving. I dont see the point in guessing what happened on the court

Johnny Groove
03-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Balls to heavy for Kamke in the breaker, as expected as they come.

Also Filo, you must have quite a lot of spare time these days I take it?

I was thinking the same.

Though we at MTF appreciate your efforts, flyboy.

Filo V.
03-22-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm not analyzing the matches, simply detailing exactly how the match proceeded based on the scores. I would analyze but I'm not in Miami. I do have a friend at the courts though, I'll see if I can get him to give me a run down on the matches today.

But not of this one, though. This match seems like it was ultra muggy.

Deathless Mortal
03-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Such a weird looking scoreline :o
Anyway, good that Dodig got a win here, and if he serves better he might even beat Funky Flo.

Filo V.
03-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Mayer has a horrible overall record in North America and is not 100%. It's a huge opportunity for Dodig, but he's probably also in bad form given the way this match played out. Confidence will be a huge factor, as will Flo's motivational levels.

leng jai
03-22-2012, 01:02 AM
The scoreboard thought it could deceive us with the lack of match footage, but not with Filo V around.

Ajde.

samanosuke
03-22-2012, 01:02 AM
:facepalm: how bad is dodig . he can't beat anybody just the balls pulling him out of the troubles . shame, for one such hard worker I thought after last year's great season he would work even harder and better but this isn't the case

BroTree123
03-22-2012, 01:10 AM
Once a challenger level mug, always a challenger level mug.

tennishero
03-22-2012, 01:11 AM
the scoreboard relies on filo v, true story.

Filo V.
03-22-2012, 01:16 AM
Based on the report I just read, they're saying there was a loud contingent of Croatians cheering Dodig. I'm guessing they motivated him to the victory. Dodig may not be talented but he does fight, I give him credit for that.

fast_clay
03-22-2012, 01:28 AM
dodig was shitting this one in with ease... was actually winning it too easy... i know... i was watching the sb... to me it looked exactly like it was too easy... so dodig slowed down, kamke caught up... and took it to the 3rd set tiebreak...

... whereupon dodig clean ripped the testes out from within the kamke scrotum with his bare fist...

brutal and very dodig-like...

madmax
03-22-2012, 01:38 AM
yet another day at the office for GOATdig - winning 3rd set tiebreaks to him is like taking a leak for us early in the morning:drive:

jonas
03-22-2012, 02:34 AM
Based on the report I just read, they're saying there was a loud contingent of Croatians cheering Dodig. I'm guessing they motivated him to the victory. Dodig may not be talented but he does fight, I give him credit for that.

He's been number 32 in the world FFS.
BTW, where did you find this awesome machine/computer/calculator that shows what's talent and what's not?

Filo V.
03-22-2012, 02:44 AM
:lol:

I'm not the only person here who doesn't believe Dodig has a lot of ability. It takes more than talent to make it in the game, which Dodig is proving by being at the ATP level. But compared to his contemporaries, he lacks ability.

Johnny Groove
03-22-2012, 02:46 AM
I'd rather have the balls of a Dodig than the "ability" of the talented headcases.

Filo V.
03-22-2012, 03:04 AM
Maybe, but when he's out of the top 100 by June, it really won't matter how mentally strong he is. Eventually everything catches up.

fast_clay
03-22-2012, 03:10 AM
Maybe, but when he's out of the top 100 by June, it really won't matter how mentally strong he is. Eventually everything catches up.

out of the top 100 by june...? surely your crystal ball is faulty yet again... mtf will remember this call

Mongoose
03-22-2012, 02:17 PM
this match was played on Court 6, which has no lights. For some reason two men's matches were scheduled, with play starting at 3:00. Dodig and Kamke got on around 5:00.

It ended at 7:49 PM Eastern was borderline pitch black. Darker than Nadal-Federer at Wimbledon. As dark as Monfils at the French Open. The only real light was from the scoreboard on the side fence. Fans could hardly see the ball, I have no idea how the players could. Even so, they were still having incredible rallies even as late as the third-set tiebreaker. Both played well, especially Dodig. Dodig had some crowd support, but not rowdy. Kamke and Mohamed were at each others throats the entire match.

After match point, Kamke broke his racket and launched it 50 yards out of Court 6 and onto Court 5. Needless to say there was no handshake with Mohamed, however the handshake between the players was relatively nice.

Mohamed stuck around after, as did Dodig. They had a discussion with each other and Mohamed was talking to multiple supervisors and one other chair umpire (one of the two Egyptian guys). From the conversations, neither player called for the match to be stopped otherwise Mohamed said he would have stopped it. Mo asked Dodig "what happened out there" (with Kamke), and Dodig just said that Mohamed did everything right and the calls were good.

Absolutely wild shit.

Deathless Mortal
03-22-2012, 02:20 PM
this match was played on Court 6, which has no lights. For some reason two men's matches were scheduled, with play starting at 3:00. Dodig and Kamke got on around 5:00.

It ended at 7:49 PM Eastern was borderline pitch black. Darker than Nadal-Federer at Wimbledon. As dark as Monfils at the French Open. The only real light was from the scoreboard on the side fence. Fans could hardly see the ball, I have no idea how the players could. Even so, they were still having incredible rallies even as late as the third-set tiebreaker. Both played well, especially Dodig. Dodig had some crowd support, but not rowdy. Kamke and Mohamed were at each others throats the entire match.

After match point, Kamke broke his racket and launched it 50 yards out of Court 6 and onto Court 5. Needless to say there was no handshake with Mohamed, however the handshake between the players was relatively nice.

Mohamed stuck around after, as did Dodig. They had a discussion with each other and Mohamed was talking to multiple supervisors and one other chair umpire (one of the two Egyptian guys). From the conversations, neither player called for the match to be stopped otherwise Mohamed said he would have stopped it. Mo asked Dodig "what happened out there" (with Kamke), and Dodig just said that Mohamed did everything right and the calls were good.

Absolutely wild shit.

As dark as Monfils :speakles: I know it was not meant to be racist though :p
Thanks for the report :wavey: