Miami R1: [Q] Clement def. Sela 6-3 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R1: [Q] Clement def. Sela 6-3 6-3

Filo V.
03-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Great win for Arnaud! First Masters series victory since 2010 :)

Clement saved BP the first game of the match before holding. Sela then immediately fell behind 15-40 and saved three BPs before being broken to go down 0-*2. Arno saved 0-30 at *3-1 and two BPs at *4-2 and held to love to win the first set.

Second set Clement saved two BPs his first service game and saved a BP at 2-1, before breaking to love to attain a *4-3 lead and breaking to win the match.

Arno got away with serving only 37% in the second set but most importantly, he won all six break points against his serve in the match! What a week this has been for the 34 year old, very well deserved and very much needed. I'm very proud for how well he's fought, from qualifying and in this match.

Raonic in R2 and Arno's game matches up perfectly to cause Milos trouble. At the very least, I hope he gives a good account of himself and has fun with the opportunity to play on a bigger stage again.

Fat Camel
03-21-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm so happy Arnaud is back :worship:

Despite age and problems with body he still loves this game and fights! :)

Saved all the break-points today, 6, so rare for Clement nowadays.

Filo V.
03-21-2012, 08:58 PM
His heart is still in tennis, he could teach a lot of younger players a thing or two about fighting. He's gotten a pretty advantageous draw up to this point and he's taken advantage. Now comes the real test vs Raonic but even if he loses, it's been an awesome week and gives Arno's career hope again. Also it gives him a realistic shot at regaining a top 100 position in the near future.

emotion
03-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Raonic is a very very good match-up if he plays well