Miami R1: Dimitrov def. Kukushkin 6-2 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R1: Dimitrov def. Kukushkin 6-2 6-2

Filo V.
03-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Kukushkin had a break point at 2 all to take the lead in the first set, which was not taken. After that game, Dimitrov seemingly dominated the match. Broke for *4-2 in the first set after a long game, broke again to win the set on a double fault, and broke in Kuku's first service game of the second set to take control.

Nine points lost on serve for Dimitrov and good return numbers. Seems like a strong performance overall. Now vs Chela, a great opportunity for the third round here.

Stronga23
03-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Grigor should face hopefully winner of Tomas-Fena in thrid round :yeah:

sexybeast
03-21-2012, 04:11 PM
One small step for tennis, but one large step for the 91 generation.

green25814
03-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Well done Dimitrov. Good win.

Hopefully he builds on this and doesn't turn to shit next round.

Filo V.
03-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Fena? Yeah, right. Gonzo isn't beating someone of Berdych's caliber.

Dimitrov and his fans should focus on beating Chela before jumping to conclusions.

Hypnotize
03-21-2012, 04:20 PM

Dimitrov and his fans should focus on beating Chela before jumping to conclusions.
Sit down Pastry, no-one is jumping to any conclusions. Good win for Grigor and his stats were excellent for the match. Hopefully he will gain some confidence from this and beat Chela in the next round. My money's on Grigor to make it to R3.

Stronga23
03-21-2012, 04:22 PM

Yeah like you picking Monaco to beat Monfils :superlol:

MuzzahLovah
03-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Happy to be wrong- go Dimi!

Filo V.
03-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Sit down Pastry, no-one is jumping to any conclusions. Good win for Grigor and his stats were excellent for the match. Hopefully he will gain some confidence from this and beat Chela in the next round. My money's on Grigor to make it to R3.I think Grigor will make it to the third round too, but no, some of his fans have been writing him in there already, and are excited about Berdych and Dimi, when Dimi hasn't beaten Chela yet. Some of his fans have too high expectations. I just want to see him do what he needs to do, beat Chela, solidify a top 100 ranking, and go from there.

Yeah like you picking Monaco to beat Monfils :superlol:He will. You're not objective enough as a fan to make reasonable predictions about Monfils, or most Frenchmen.

scarecrows
03-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Chela is a matchup from hell for Dimitrov

I doubt he'll go through

Stronga23
03-21-2012, 05:13 PM
He will. You're not objective enough as a fan to make reasonable predictions about Monfils, or most Frenchmen.[/QUOTE]

Your the one that is not objective always picking against Monfils. Monaco has no weapons whatsoever does he have wins over Nadal and Federer? Dont think so has he ever been in the Top 10 or made four GS QFs like Gael or been in 2 MS Finals. Idiot.

Hypnotize
03-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Chela is a matchup from hell for Dimitrov

I doubt he'll go through
Grigor beat Chela the last time they played.

scarecrows
03-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Grigor beat Chela the last time they played.

chela was hilarious last fall
also Stockholm is indoor and faster

hope grigor win but for me is not very likely

_Chaz
03-21-2012, 06:04 PM
He will. You're not objective enough as a fan to make reasonable predictions about Monfils, or most Frenchmen.

Your the one that is not objective always picking against Monfils. Monaco has no weapons whatsoever does he have wins over Nadal and Federer? Dont think so has he ever been in the Top 10 or made four GS QFs like Gael or been in 2 MS Finals. Idiot.[/QUOTE]

I'm on flyboy's side here. This is Monfils' first tournament back since Montpellier I think which was in the 1st week of February. He will be rusty for sure and Monaco isn't an easy guy to play, he's a bit of a poor man's Ferrer and will make Monfils work for every point especially if the surface is as slow as last year (although there are some rumours about it being faster you know).
Monfils could also lose to Gulbis if he beats Bubka first and has one of his days where he actually cares about winning.

And no, I'm certainly NOT a Monfils hater, I like him at least when he's playing offensively (like against Fed @Bercy in 2010 and Nadal @Doha this year) and doesn't clown around all the time. I'm just realistic, nothing more. You just can't take anything for granted when you play your first tournament after a 7 week or sth like that break.

Hypnotize
03-21-2012, 06:25 PM
I think Grigor will make it to the third round too, but no, some of his fans have been writing him in there already, and are excited about Berdych and Dimi, when Dimi hasn't beaten Chela yet. Some of his fans have too high expectations. I just want to see him do what he needs to do, beat Chela, solidify a top 100 ranking, and go from there.

He will. You're not objective enough as a fan to make reasonable predictions about Monfils, or most Frenchmen.
You're talking nonsense as usual. I post in the Grigot forum a lot more than you do and his fans aren't taking the next match against Chela for granted especially given Grigor's recent form. It's perfectly normal though to see the next match as winnable and get excited about the prospect of your favourite player possibly competing against one of the top 10. That's what being a fan is all about.

We can't all be as boring and negative as you. :p

Naudio Spanlatine
03-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Grisho:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

FedererBulgaria
03-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Well done Grisho..im so happy,3R will be great,good luck

FlameOn
03-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Grisha :yeah:.

Sombrerero loco
03-21-2012, 09:31 PM
well done grisha!

fast_clay
03-21-2012, 09:37 PM
We can't all be as boring and negative as you. :p

:spit: severe ownage

what's with all the breaks...? kuku must have been serving with a cricket stump

seriously, you have to be a stroke victim to get broke that many times by young greggles

FedererBulgaria
03-21-2012, 09:41 PM
:spit: severe ownage

what's with all the breaks...? kuku must have been serving with a cricket stump

seriously, you have to be a stroke victim to get broke that many times by young greggles

Get a life and go to cheer for Tomic wins :cool:

viruzzz
03-21-2012, 09:51 PM
I really hope Dimitrov can finally have a good year.

fast_clay
03-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Get a life and go to cheer for Tomic wins :cool:

hey no need to get nasty... when grigor settles down and stops punching 65 year old tournament officials he'll turn a corner for sure... just needs to mature a bit... fast ernie g needs to take him down the esplanade for a few nights this week... show him how to channel his wild, young energy more positively, you know, sex up a few of the locals on the street... fast ernie g knows where the good deals are... he's used a few topical creams to get rid of some nasty itches in his day... wild fellas like grigor need these types of big brothers on tour...

SapELee
03-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Happy to see him get a win :yeah:.

Filo V.
03-21-2012, 10:19 PM
You're talking nonsense as usual. I post in the Grigot forum a lot more than you do and his fans aren't taking the next match against Chela for granted especially given Grigor's recent form. It's perfectly normal though to see the next match as winnable and get excited about the prospect of your favourite player possibly competing against one of the top 10. That's what being a fan is all about.

We can't all be as boring and negative as you. :pRealistic=boring and negative? Try again, hun :wavey:

BTW, who are you to come at me this way? Continue being irrelevant instead of being delusional, I wasn't talking to you in the post you quoted anyway.

Hypnotize
03-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Realistic=boring and negative? Try again, hun :wavey:

BTW, who are you to come at me this way? Continue being irrelevant instead of being delusional, I wasn't talking to you in the post you quoted anyway.
Sounds like I touched a nerve.

Go back and check your post btw, you were talking to me in the post I quoted. :rolleyes:

evilmindbulgaria
03-21-2012, 11:33 PM
hey no need to get nasty... when grigor settles down and stops punching 65 year old tournament officials he'll turn a corner for sure... just needs to mature a bit... fast ernie g needs to take him down the esplanade for a few nights this week... show him how to channel his wild, young energy more positively, you know, sex up a few of the locals on the street... fast ernie g knows where the good deals are... he's used a few topical creams to get rid of some nasty itches in his day... wild fellas like grigor need these types of big brothers on tour...

He hasn't stopped yet? Did he punch you in the process too or are you just talking out of your a**, as usual?

Go away, you are not even funny anymore, just sad and pathetic :wavey:

Good job, Grisha!No stream but judging by the scoreboard pretty easy victory.

Chela will be another story, a good retriever, a veteran with a lot of experience. Plus, those slow Miami courts are not the best surface for Grisha's game. Hopefully Grisha wins!

fast_clay
03-21-2012, 11:42 PM
He hasn't stopped yet? Did he punch you in the process too or are you just talking out of your a**, as usual?

Chela will be another story, a good retriever, a veteran with a lot of experience. Plus, those slow Miami courts are not the best surface for Grisha's game. Hopefully Grisha wins!

hey calm down... crikey... what is done is done... we can't change it... move on please, you are stuck in the past...

i just suggested grigor needs a mentor... a good tour buddy... no better man than fast ernie g... he know where warm down massage has happy ending

evilmindbulgaria
03-21-2012, 11:48 PM
hey calm down... crikey... what is done is done... we can't change it... move on please, you are stuck in the past...

i just suggested grigor needs a mentor... a good tour buddy... no better man than fast ernie g... he know where warm down massage has happy ending

He has enough buddies - Tursunov, Chardy to name a few.

Grigor is still young, he has made some mistakes in the past but he has moved on. And the haters need to move on too :wavey:

FedererBulgaria
03-21-2012, 11:51 PM

Grigor has best results on clay :rolleyes:

Filo V.
03-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Sounds like I touched a nerve.

Go back and check your post btw, you were talking to me in the post I quoted. :rolleyes:

No-one cares, gurl :wavey:

evilmindbulgaria
03-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Grigor has best results on clay :rolleyes:

I don't think so:

1 QF on clay
2 QFs on Indoor Hard
1 QF on Grass

Plus, a couple of titles on the Challenger Circuit on hard as well.

SelvenluvJo
03-22-2012, 04:39 AM
Dimi:yeah:

Hewitt =Legend
03-22-2012, 05:28 AM
These Grigortards are quite sensitive aren't they...

Ajde :sad: