Miami FQR: Goffin def. Paire 6-2, 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami FQR: Goffin def. Paire 6-2, 6-2

misty1
03-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Great win for david. After a miserable couple of attempts at qualifying at atp events he did great here

Benoit served awfully for the entire match. multiple double faults, several on big points

dont know if he was injured but you cant win a match serving at 39%..unless your baghdatis

Deathless Mortal
03-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Great win for David :) He is definitely a better player than his ranking suggests, and hopefully he makes some kind of a run in the main draw and moves towards top 100. :yeah:

misty1
03-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Great win for David :) He is definitely a better player than his ranking suggests, and hopefully he makes some kind of a run in the main draw and moves towards top 100. :yeah:

top 100 for him this year a possibility you think?

Filo V.
03-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Bad result for Benoit. Bsd serving. I'm guessing he either was injured/sick, or he just did what he usually does, hit the serve as hard as possible, continue to miss it, and then get frustrated. Goffin likes pace and Benoit doesn't spot his serves particularly well so the result overall isn't too surprising. Goffin's strengths can neutralize Paire's.

The unforgivable thing is he had NO BREAK POINTS on Goffin's serve. Goffin spots his serve well. But to not create a single break point isn't acceptable, especially since Goffin served at 47%.

Good win for David here. Hopefully he gets a nice MD position.

Deathless Mortal
03-20-2012, 05:00 PM
top 100 for him this year a possibility you think?

I don't like making those predictions, but I think it is a big possibility. He has no points to defend until May, and no big points to defend until October. Also, he never qualified for a slam, and I expect him to do it soon, add to that maybe a few wins in the main draws and he's almost there! :cool:

Gillouthe best
03-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Benoît :sad:. After a promising start of the year he is again playing like shit.

kiriri***
03-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Hopefully Paire isn't injured or sick:sad:
Good luck MD, Goffin:D

Filo V.
03-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Goffin really should be top 100 by the USO cutoff if he plays the way he can, has a nice run here, does something at Wimbledon. He can play a little bit on clay also. He has little to defend. When he's in form, he's a high-level player.

RonaldGomez
03-21-2012, 12:01 AM
Benoit isn't injured, just playing horrible atm.

BroTree123
03-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Poor effort.