CH Dallas QF: Phau def. Haase 6-4 7-6(4) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

CH Dallas QF: Phau def. Haase 6-4 7-6(4)

Filo V.
03-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Some awesome play from Phau to come from behind in the second set. Haase had a *5-3 40-30 lead in the second set, and double faulted. From there, Bjorn hit a great forehand return and dominated the point from there for break point, and hit a forehand passing shot at Haase's feet, who missed the volley, to break back. Bjorn fell behind 0-30 and 30-40 at *5-6 and served well and hit some great offensive shots to hold serve, and continued that into the tiebreaker, where he got out to a 3-*0 lead which ultimately was enough to see him through. Bjorn hit a BH DTL after a long rally to win the match.

Robin played well in the second set but when he had the opportunity to close it, he faltered and Bjorn was the one dictating all the points by the end of the match. Phau is an excellent shotmaker when on, and now he's only one win away from returning to the top 100 for the first time in over a year!

Chris Kuerten
03-16-2012, 08:44 PM
This wouldn't have happened in an ATP tournament, that's for sure.Haase had a *5-3 40-30 lead in the second set, and double faulted.We call that a 'Roowbin' in Holland.

EliSter
03-16-2012, 08:46 PM
:sad:

GSMnadal
03-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Haase had a *5-3 40-30 lead in the second set, and double faulted.

Robin played well in the second set but when he had the opportunity to close it, he faltered

:facepalm:

What else is new... I'm reallllly starting to lose patience with this guy.

asmazif
03-16-2012, 08:53 PM
:facepalm:

What else is new... I'm reallllly starting to lose patience with this guy.

tell me about it, same story over and over again. w/e, it's what makes him Robin Haase I guess.