CH Rabat SF: Volandri comes back from 2-6 3-*4 down to win 2-6 6-4 6-2 vs Kuznetsov [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

CH Rabat SF: Volandri comes back from 2-6 3-*4 down to win 2-6 6-4 6-2 vs Kuznetsov

Filo V.
03-16-2012, 05:11 PM
This match really had it all. Volandri was 0/12 on break points in the match before finally breaking when Kuznetsov was up *4-2 in the second set. Pippo had at least deuce in all but like one service game of Kuznetsov to that point, but Kuznetsov was playing amazingly well on the break points against him, extremely aggressive and confident, wasn't missing, served big. There was a very long game at 3 all in the second set where Pippo had 40-15 and was broken after several gamepoints/break points for each. Kuznetsov hit a huge forehand on the run in a defensive position and then second serve return winner to break in the second set.

After that game, Pippo took a medical timeout for his ankle. Read into that what you will. Pippo got ahead 15-40 in the game, Kuznetsov saved more break points. Then, at another deuce, Kuznetsov missed a pretty easy shot to go up game point. He said he missed the shot because the ball was broken, and the umpire disagreed and did not award Kuznetsov the point. Kuznetsov lost focus, missed a forehand the immediate next point to lose the break advantage, and Pippo held easily then broke again to win the second set, and mostly cruise from there.

Match was very tense, quality was very good in the second set. Pippo was too passive most of the match but Kuznetsov ultimately couldn't maintain the level that got him into a winning position.

Pippo plays Klizan in the finals tomorrow.

Naudio Spanlatine
03-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Volandri and FiloV.:hug: :hug: :hug: :smooch: :smooch:

viruzzz
03-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Damn! I wanted Andrey to win.
I watched Andrey in the Buenos Aires challenger, he's so damn talented, a hell of a player.
He's gonna have great results this year.

Broskie91
03-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Filo...How do you follow these random challengers? Are you actually watching them or reading a play by play? Streaming? Your attention to detail is superb haha.

Filo V.
03-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Livestream. Luckily there is livestream for most challengers these days, especially in Europe. And thank you for the compliment about the attention to detail, I always try to focus on each and every point, particularly the big ones. I don't want to feel as if I missed anything.