Do you play tennis ? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do you play tennis ?

Wojtek
01-31-2003, 02:50 PM
I have played since 1992 . My favorite shot is beckhand , worst service . My favorite serfuce : hard and grass . I hate clay courts .

Dissident
01-31-2003, 03:49 PM
LOL! Im just the opposite. :p
I started playing in 1999. Fave shot is the serve, but also like to volley. I dont think my worst shot IS a shot, but its definitely the mind and stamina. I make some stupid mistakes, and spend too much energy kinda fast.

I LLOOOOVVVEEEE the clay. Also dont mind playing on hard. Never played on grass, and dont like the carpet that much.

I use a Head i.Radical MidPlus with IntelliTour strings. Finally found the perfect racquet to me. ;)

Francine
01-31-2003, 04:09 PM
I've started to play again 5 months ago after not playing for 4 years. My best shot is backhand, my worst is my serve (I usually loose my service games because my opponent gets to hit 4 return-winners :o ) Favorite surface...mmm, don't really mind, I play on carpet now, but a few years ago I played on clay and before that on artificial (sp?) grass. Raquet, uhm... I'ts an Estusa and it's fine :D , though I'm sure there ones out there that would be better for me, unfortunatly I'm just a poor college student who can't afford a new one right now.

King Aaron
01-31-2003, 04:12 PM
I've played tennis only once :o

Wojtek
01-31-2003, 04:20 PM
I have Wilson Hammer 4.0 . I changed racket three months ago . I don't play tournament this year because in Poalnd is winter. I just played single matches . I hope new racket will be good because i won last summer 9 from 11 events on grass .

JuaNQui FoReVeR
01-31-2003, 04:39 PM
I play.:D

Best Shot - Forehand

Worst Shot - Second Serve, Volleys

Favorite Surface - Indoor Hardcourt - Everything just seems to click when I play indoors.

Worst Surface - Hate the clay.

Never played on Grass.

RogiRulz
01-31-2003, 04:42 PM
I started playing in 1999. My fave shot is forehand, my serve in horrible :P I like playing on all surfaces, especially clay. I never played on grass... I have a Babolat like Kim :)

Static
01-31-2003, 05:00 PM
Also started to play in 99, my fave shot was forehand but now it's either forehand or backhand. I never played on clay, I like to play either on grass or hard.

Nina
01-31-2003, 06:27 PM
I don't remember when started playing, it was a long time ago. I finished last year ranked no61 in Russia my age having played only one tournament :cool: ;)

Haven't played seriously this year, I'm studiing :)

My fave shot is forehand, I play a doublehanded backhand (slice and volley single handedly) but I enjoy hitting the single handed more (I learned that myself so the ball doesn't always go where I plan it to ;) ), I volley from time to time :)

ys
01-31-2003, 06:42 PM
I am playing tennis when I am not skiing..:) Hate playing indoors, not because it is faster, but rather because I generally hate playing indoors - no matter what game it is - whether it is tennis or soccer or chess or cards.

mmm!marat
01-31-2003, 09:07 PM
yup, i play, i've only played on hardcourt and astro and i use a vokl racket

ILR
01-31-2003, 09:11 PM
I certainly try my best!But locally,I got outdoor courts and weather is usually pretty crap :p but played on clay and carpet before.I dont like volleying :o or more like I cant do it!lol and I sometimes try and play a winner of serve,in fact most of the time!Got a good forehand if Im honest!:p

Lee
01-31-2003, 09:24 PM
I played tennis once. I was in college and the tennis court was on the roof of the sports complex. Next to the complex was an outdoor swimming pool. I had so many balls flied out of the fence that I worried I might killed someone in the swimming pool with those falling bombs! That's the same reason I swam in that swimming pool once.

Wojtek
01-31-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Lee
I played tennis once. I was in college and the tennis court was on the roof of the sports complex. Next to the complex was an outdoor swimming pool. I had so many balls flied out of the fence that I worried I might killed someone in the swimming pool with those falling bombs! That's the same reason I swam in that swimming pool once.

:eek: :D

Scotso
01-31-2003, 10:10 PM
I've played for about 8 years. My best shot is my backhand and worst is the forehand ;)

Tatter de Malion
02-01-2003, 12:23 AM
test

never played. i'm new here. ;)

Minimum_Chips
02-01-2003, 10:38 AM
I've played for about 5 yrs. I have a fischer raquet, same brand as Hrbaty. I hope one day i will get a yellow Pro Extreme FT with a yellow Kirschbaum overgrip just like Hrbaty. Hrbaty is cool

harry_potter
02-03-2003, 09:51 AM
nope, i learnt for a few months when i was 6 or 7 but i gave up :o

maratski
02-03-2003, 12:58 PM
I've played tennis once. I just like watching it.

Mrs. B
02-11-2003, 04:52 AM
played for years but resumed playing regularly the last 5 years...i'm left handed and my forehand is my best shot, i use a lot of topspin. my two handed backhand is not too bad but i could still improve it, and i'm still forever working on my serve, as i'm small built, i can't put a lot of power to it...we have 4 clay courts in our club but in the winter i play indoors and it's carpet. i played on hardcourt during my holidays but i don't like it cuz it's too fast. i prefer the pace of clay courts...i use a Wilson Hammer 7.4, it's pretty light so it's just right for me. :)

Roddick
02-19-2003, 04:28 AM
Ive played for about 5 or 6 years if you count playing recreationally, seeing we have alot of tennis courts in my area most people i know do play.

Trained for a few months in that long period ;) and played 3 comps. and a few tournaments (made a final in one losing to a guy id beaten before).

Fave surface: I like GRASS and anything fast and/or with a low bounce cos i use a slice bh mainly, altho im not good at moving in to the net to volley unless its to shake hands.

Fave shot: FH, can hit it flat and hard or with spin for angles.

Worst shot: Erratic serve, weak volleying.

Awesome4hand
02-20-2003, 07:46 AM
I've played a couple of times in undergrad but only started to pick it up again the last 7 months. I used to laugh at my friends when they played tennis, calling them 'wimps, sissy, etc'...because I preferred soccer. I used to play central midfield in soccer, had to run around alot controlling the play. Now, that I am older and slower I find that tennis suits me to the bone. I should have picked it up yonks ago. I love tennis and will never play any other sports.

Fav surface: hardcourt but can play on all
Fav shot: forehand, love to hit flat and hard down the line above the high part of the net...absolutely hate playing against ppl who slices...
Worst shot: backhand, trying to improve ... dun like to slice...but forced to at the moment to get the ball back into play..serve also pretty weak...need to improve 2nd serve...

Mr. Oracle
03-16-2012, 08:57 AM
MTF no doubt has the full gamut of experience levels: from armchair aces to tennis junkies. So lets sound off on whether you think you are the MTF GOAT. Be honest now! How often do you play?

Me first...

I've played since I was 7, for several decades now. I used to play indoors during the winter and outdoors during the summer (club play). Now I just play during the summers. I play with my best friend who is also my pigeon. He's only beat me a couple times in 20 years.

Style wise, I'm a mcenroe type, serve and volley dude.

Now you...

TigerTim
03-16-2012, 08:59 AM
I play, very badly. the only part of the game I game good at is backhand slice (!), the rest is just poor. but its great fun when you discover someone worse than you :D

Mr. Oracle
03-16-2012, 09:10 AM
I play, very badly. the only part of the game I game good at is backhand slice (!), the rest is just poor. but its great fun when you discover someone worse than you :D

I respect your honesty. I fear a lot of gloryhunters here will lie shamelessly in this thread.:(

Mr. Oracle
03-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Why merge this thread with another one from 9 years ago? These guys aren't even here anymore!:banghead:

Tulipe
03-16-2012, 09:45 AM
I've played since 2005. My best shot is the overhead, my worst is forehand. My favorite surface is hard, but I don't get to play on it very often, we have mostly clay courts here and even in winter I usually train on indoor clay. I use Babolat AeroPro Drive. During summer I play the regional team competitions and I also got into the main draw of the regional championships in singles last summer, but lost in the 1st round to some girl who weighed probably twice my weight so I felt like playing against a tank :haha:

tripwires
03-16-2012, 09:51 AM
I've played since 2005. My best shot is the overhead, my worst is forehand. My favorite surface is hard, but I don't get to play on it very often, we have mostly clay courts here and even in winter I usually train on indoor clay. I use Babolat AeroPro Drive. During summer I play the regional team competitions and I also got into the main draw of the regional championships in singles last summer, but lost in the 1st round to some girl who weighed probably twice my weight so I felt like playing against a tank :haha:

What do you wear when you play? :hearts:

leng jai
03-16-2012, 09:54 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=86521&highlight=

:speakles:

Ajde

Chirag
03-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Leng playing for 7 years :speakles:

leng jai
03-16-2012, 10:01 AM
7 years 6 years ago

Ajde.

gaitare
03-16-2012, 10:20 AM
7 years 6 years ago

Ajde.

Does that mean you have been playing tennis for 13 years now?

Ajde.

leng jai
03-16-2012, 10:23 AM
You've got excellent arithmetic gaitare - are you Chinese? 13 years and I still don't have an ATP ranking point. FML

Ajde.

Time Violation
03-16-2012, 10:26 AM
There is tennis not on live stream? :speakles:

gaitare
03-16-2012, 10:32 AM
You've got excellent arithmetic gaitare - are you Chinese?

I was conceived in the kitchen of a local Chinese resturant.

13 years and I still don't have an ATP ranking point. FML

Ajde.

That's still more than Xristos will ever have.

tripwires
03-16-2012, 12:11 PM

Ajde

someone stole your thread. :speakles:

That's still more than Xristos will ever have.

:haha: Nasty gaitare. :yeah:

I voted "occasionally" when I meant to vote "all year round". :facepalm: The singularity of the Singapore weather confused me.

Sham Kay
03-16-2012, 01:00 PM
The right half of my body plays Tennis. Never touch the racquet with my left arm, that would be criminal.

Tennis isn't Tennis without a one handed backhand

Sham Kay
03-16-2012, 01:02 PM
I'll go with occasionally. Too busy with my V-life and e-life atm

tennizen
03-16-2012, 01:10 PM
March/April-November 2-3 times a week. started playing 6 years ago.

buddyholly
03-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Started in 1957 with a wooden racquet with a broken string on a clay court that had been abandoned by a local church club, - after being inspired by seeing Althea Gibson win Wimbledon on our new black and white 17'' TV.
Still playing at least twice a week in winter and as many summer evenings as my aching hip muscles will allow.

Johnny Groove
03-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Yes, I like to play a little tennis here and there.

Time Violation
03-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Started in 1957

How old are you btw :eek:

buddyholly
03-16-2012, 02:37 PM
67 and a half.

Time Violation
03-16-2012, 02:49 PM
67 and a half.

I'm in shock :eek: :lol: Seeing you going back and forth with abraxas all the time, and who is few years older than high school kids, I thought you can't be much older than him, since (I thought) anyone older would've lost the patience ages ago. Hope you don't take it amiss, I don't mean anything bad, just kind of taken aback how easy it is to completely misjudge a person on the net. :)

emotion
03-16-2012, 02:51 PM
High school player. 0 star recruit on TennisRecruiting :cool:

buddyholly
03-16-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm in shock :eek: :lol: Seeing you going back and forth with abraxas all the time, and who is few years older than high school kids, I thought you can't be much older than him, since (I thought) anyone older would've lost the patience ages ago. Hope you don't take it amiss, I don't mean anything bad, just kind of taken aback how easy it is to completely misjudge a person on the net. :)

I don't understand it either, but I always try to act my shoe size.
Now I am looking forward to being 70 and the youngest player in the provincial 70+ tournaments. Right now those 65 year old kids are kicking my ass in the 65-70 year-old bracket.

Mr. Oracle
03-16-2012, 07:58 PM

Ajde

Go ahead and post in a thread from 4 years ago if you like. My poll is better anyway.

Lopez
03-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Started when I was 11 I think. So 13 years.

Sham Kay
03-16-2012, 09:53 PM

The child within comes out online, so it's usually difficult to judge the age of people on the net.

I just judge people by their avatars. I have a strong desire to throw mud at your face currently.

Time Violation
03-16-2012, 09:57 PM
I just judge people by their avatars. I have a strong desire to throw mud at your face currently.

What on Earth would make you want to do that? :p :p

tripwires
03-17-2012, 07:02 AM
67 and a half.

:eek: "Shocked" doesn't even begin to describe my feelings in the light of this revelation.

buddyholly
03-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Calling myself ''buddyholly'' should have been a clue. So I don't think it is much of a revelation. And I gave my real age in my ''spotlight'' thread. But probably nobody ever read it.

tripwires
03-17-2012, 12:09 PM
I listened to Buddy Holly a few years back. :shrug: And I like James Dean. :hearts: I didn't know that a spotlight thread existed.

Tulipe
03-17-2012, 02:42 PM
What do you wear when you play? :hearts:

Tank tops and skorts, mostly. Really short skorts :devil:

leng jai
03-17-2012, 02:46 PM
I wear crocs + socks and Rafito's signature 3 quarter pants.

Ajde.

tripwires
03-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Tank tops and skorts, mostly. Really short skorts :devil:

What's your favourite brand? :hearts:

Ajde.

Sounds super sexy dear.

Tulipe
03-17-2012, 02:49 PM

Ajde.

Our coaches hunt people who come to court in crocs. We have huge signs that say you can only enter the court in tennis shoes, otherwise :armed:

leng jai
03-17-2012, 02:49 PM
My favourite brand is Crocs dear, obviously.

Ajde.

Tulipe
03-17-2012, 02:50 PM
What's your favourite brand? :hearts:

Adidas. I have almost all my tennis clothes by adidas, I think I have only like two things Nike and one Reebok.

tripwires
03-17-2012, 02:54 PM
My favourite brand is Crocs dear, obviously.

Ajde.

Clearly I wasn't asking you dear. Obviously I already knew your favourite brand was Crocs.

Adidas. I have almost all my tennis clothes by adidas, I think I have only like two things Nike and one Reebok.

I have a few Adidas stuff too. The designs are getting rather fug lately though. :o

Tulipe
03-17-2012, 02:57 PM
I have a few Adidas stuff too. The designs are getting rather fug lately though. :o

Yeah. Nike has gotten fugly a few years ago and now Adidas follows. (The men's stuff is still quite nice, though, but the women's clothes are really repeating the old collections too much.)

leng jai
03-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Nike's men shorts are really nice especially when you stuff them in a draw for months on end so they come out epically crinkled and ready for wear.

Ajde.

duchuy89
05-08-2012, 01:55 AM
I have played for about 2 years. My best shot is my backhand.

Wojtek
02-07-2013, 05:08 PM
67 and a half.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: