WWW Indian Wells SF: Djokovic vs Isner [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW Indian Wells SF: Djokovic vs Isner

sylacauga
03-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Nole seems to be saving his best for last. Nole in 2 with no tiebreaks.

Johnny Iznrr
03-16-2012, 06:52 AM
Isner 6-3 4-6 7-6 stealing it in the 3rd set tb :yeah:

Smoke944
03-16-2012, 06:55 AM
John will have to take his game up about five notches from today's performance if he wants to have a chance.

cmoss
03-16-2012, 07:16 AM
My heart says Isz but my mind says Nola. :o

That Joker will use exactly the same tatics as Simon,but much more consistent.

The only way for Big John is keeping his 1st serve rate at 70%,and finishing flawlessly when there is a chance.

If he makes just some couple of ridiculous errors like today,the game is over.

MuzzahLovah
03-16-2012, 07:21 AM
John faced a very tired Simon(after the battle of attrition with 19 year old Harrison on a slow court) and scraped by in 3 sets. Nole had an easy straight set win today. And Nole is just a better version of Simon, with more reach, power and flexibility. I say Nole in 2.

Ibracadabra
03-16-2012, 08:03 AM
Surely nole in 2. 6-3,6-4

LisaKoh
03-16-2012, 08:08 AM
Big server versus a guy who wins 42% of all return games he's ever played in his career, on a slow as hell court. Hmm.

The Djoker, of course, unless the flu has claimed another victim.

Allez
03-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Ridiculously easy win for Nole. 6-2, 6-3.

born_on_clay
03-16-2012, 09:07 AM
easy one for Novak

MrEleganza
03-16-2012, 09:10 AM
My heart says Isz but my mind says Nola. :o

That Joker will use exactly the same tatics as Simon,but much more consistent.

The only way for Big John is keeping his 1st serve rate at 70%,and finishing flawlessly when there is a chance.

If he makes just some couple of ridiculous errors like today,the game is over.

My thoughts exactly. I will be pulling HARD for Isner, but I don't think he's there yet. An ATP 1000 semi is a good result for Isner, clearly the best American player right now. But he's no match for Nole on any surface yet. I voted Nole in 2.

GSMnadal
03-16-2012, 09:11 AM
6-3 7-5 for Novak

ossie
03-16-2012, 09:16 AM
djoker will save tennis

TigerTim
03-16-2012, 09:37 AM
6-2, 6-2 to the joker, the match being a one sided joke.

HKz
03-16-2012, 10:05 AM
As a big server, Isner always has a chance whenever he plays anyone, and we know how big servers can frustrate Djokovic as we've seen it plenty of times in the past especially against Roddick. Isner may not be playing his best, but I like his mental game right now especially considering he was down a break in the first set and could have easily blown the third set after a really poor second set.

Either way, 2nd consecutive Master Series SF is nothing too shabby for John, so he has nothing to lose.

cmoss
03-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Last year he lost in 2nd round.

Isner is doing some miles better than himself last year,and strongly secured No11 spot.:)

Mr. Oracle
03-16-2012, 10:19 AM
DJoker, beat this telephone poll so he can ponder a career change...I feel physical pain at the extreme lankiness.

n8
03-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Back-to-back Masters 1000 semi-finals for Isner! His run stops here though.

rinnegan
03-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Nole of course.

coonster14
03-16-2012, 11:48 AM
DJoker, beat this telephone poll so he can ponder a career change...I feel physical pain at the extreme lankiness.

:lol:

Alex999
03-16-2012, 02:19 PM
yeah, Nole will probably kill him. big serve or not, it doesn't really matter. Djokovic deals with big servers just fine because of his fantastic ROS. Novak is moving like a cat... Isner is moving fine for a tall guy but it's not gonna cut it against Djokovic.

Mystique
03-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Djokovic in a tight 2

cmoss
03-16-2012, 02:35 PM
The problem is Nola's shots are not as high topspin & high bouncing as Nadal's.

If the opponent is Nadal he'll have a big chance.

BroTree123
03-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Once the rallies begin, it's all over :shrug:.

Johnny Groove
03-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Djoker should win this, but Isner did well to make the SF. Jonh's got nothing to lose and should go in here guns blazing.

Anyone can beat anyone.

Alex999
03-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Once the rallies begin, it's all over :shrug:.
yeah, that's how I feel too. if you want to play long rallies with Nole, forget it, he is gonna kill you... the only way Isner can win if he can somehow be super aggressive, but I don't see it happening. anyway, nice run for Isner.

piksi
03-16-2012, 03:36 PM
good thing about this match is that it won't be physical so Novak will be well rested for Sunday. John has a punchers chance. Someone with such a serve should always be taken seriously. If he serves like against Simon, he has no chance.

Clay Death
03-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Back-to-back Masters 1000 semi-finals for Isner! His run stops here though.

not so fast.

there is a small chance for dr isnaaaah.

he has to:

1. serve absolutely massive

2. connect with the forehand

3. and hope that no-djok has an off day

**if he can get into a couple of breakers, he may have his chances.

samanosuke
03-16-2012, 03:43 PM
6-4 6-4 for nole

jcempire
03-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Djoker 6-2 6-1

cmoss
03-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Nola hasn't faced anyone serving like Isner for more than a year...

The scariest server he played in 2011 was Federer.

A real test for his return skill.

Hopefully the match will be interesting.

Alex999
03-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Nola hasn't faced anyone serving like Isner for more than a year...

The scariest server he played in 2011 was Federer.

A real test for his return skill.

Hopefully the match will be interesting.
first of all, it's not Nola it's Nole. second, yes Nole did face some big servers like Anderson etc... get your facts straight before you post

shadows
03-16-2012, 04:45 PM
No way Djokovic loses to the abomination.

Ajk822
03-16-2012, 04:49 PM
first of all, it's not Nola it's Nole. second, yes Nole did face some big servers like Anderson etc... get your facts straight before you post

Anderson is not Isner.

it's_Yeo!
03-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Duh... Nole in straights again..

arm
03-16-2012, 05:39 PM
I find it hilarious that yesterday, according to MTF, Almagro had a great shot at beating Nole, but today Isner doesn't stand much of a chance. :scratch:

trojanstallion
03-16-2012, 05:43 PM

Technically, its Novak.... :wavey:

ZaZoo)
03-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Ajde Noleee.. :cheerleader:

Foxy
03-16-2012, 05:51 PM
You can't lose a set to Simon 6:1 and hope to beat Djokovic in the next match. Isner is not what he was!

Start da Game
03-16-2012, 05:53 PM
one more win for djokovic.....

Sapeod
03-16-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm counting on John to take out the trash.
Are you seriously comparing Anderson and Isner's serves? Just so you're aware of this, Isner and his serve >>>>> Anderson and his serve.

Also, you listed one big server there. Anderson. Were there no others? Did you just put the 'etc.' there to cover up the fact that he's the only big server that Djokovic played last year?

EliSter
03-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Joker in 2 easy sets.

stanch
03-16-2012, 06:50 PM

Oh, you're so desperate and delusional... :wavey:

Sapeod
03-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Oh, you're so desperate and delusional... :wavey:
Oh? I'm delusional for wanting Isner to win against Djokovic? Am I not allowed supporting Djokovic's opponents now? I am terribly sorry, I apologize for this crime I have commited :lol:

Ultravox
03-16-2012, 07:10 PM

Garcia-Lopez did it a few days ago:wavey:

Sapeod
03-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Garcia-Lopez did it a few days ago:wavey:
"Oh, it's Sapeod and he's making fun of a player. Quick, let's reply with an insult to Murray even though he has nothing to do with anything in the thread." I've had tonnes of these given to me in the 3 years I've been here and they got stale a long time ago, buddy. They're tiresome, boring and predictable. Just letting you know.

Just to reply to your comment, no, Murray is not trash. He is the most talented player on tour behind Federer. Talent does not equal trash.

Lee
Also, you listed one big server there. Anderson. Were there no others? Did you just put the 'etc.' there to cover up the fact that he's the only big server that Djokovic played last year?

Anderson is #6 in ATP ace list and Almagro is #4. And they both lost in straight sets to Djokovic in this tournament.

I am not saying by default Nole will beat Isner here. Isner is #2 on the ace list and if he has a high first serve %age vs Nole, he has a chance.

Alex999

Are you seriously comparing Anderson and Isner's serves? Just so you're aware of this, Isner and his serve >>>>> Anderson and his serve.

man, who cares? OK, Isner has a better serve than Anderson, but please don't tell me that Anderson is not a big server. will that bother Djokovic? I don't think so. I'm just too tired right now. Novak simply deals with big servers just fine.

one more thing, please stop with this bad reputation sh!t. I don't really care. I know you are all about Murray, Murray and some more Murry... I love Murray too, but let's talk about tennis :)

Broskie91
03-16-2012, 07:16 PM
6-2, 6-2 to the joker, the match being a one sided joke.

haha you dumb ****. You really think Isner will only tally 4 games? You are a cocky moron.

Isner may have played a long match against Simon but it pumped him up incredibly. Let's also not forget Isner has had two very good matches and taken sets off Djoko before.

what I think could happen: Isner wins 6-4 6-7 7-6

what I think is more likely to happen: Djoko wins 6-3 4-6 6-4

Sapeod
03-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Anderson is #6 in ATP ace list and Almagro is #4. And they both lost in straight sets to Djokovic in this tournament.

I am not saying by default Nole will beat Isner here. Isner is #2 on the ace list and if he has a high first serve %age vs Nole, he has a chance.
The number of aces a player gets doesn't mean they have a massive serve. Murray doesn't get many aces, but his serve is bigger than Almagro's. Almagro doesn't have massive serve either, but he gets a lot of aces. Federer doesn't have a big serve either, but he gets a lot of aces too. It depends on the serve itself and not just the speed, though speed helps obviously.
please don't tell me that Anderson is not a big server.
Clearly, I didn't.
will that bother Djokovic? I don't think so. I'm just too tired right now. Novak simply deals with big servers just fine.
A player with a big serve can trouble anybody if he's serving well. If Isner has a good serving display and gets a high first serve percentage, Djokovic will have a lot of problems.

stanch
03-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Oh? I'm delusional for wanting Isner to win against Djokovic? Am I not allowed supporting Djokovic's opponents now? I am terribly sorry, I apologize for this crime I have commited :lol:

Gee, of course you can cheer for whoever you want to... o.O
I'm not 'blaming' you for that...

All I'm saying is that you're not being objective and realistic when you call Novak 'trash'. None of the top guys are 'trash'. But you constantly keep underestimating Novak and keep denying all the stuff he's done. Your hate for him is just unbelievable. What on Earth did he do to you... :confused:

Face it, Novak Đoković is undisputed World Number One and, whether you like it or not, you HAVE TO respect him. :yeah:

Sapeod
03-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Gee, of course you can cheer for whoever you want to... o.O
I'm not 'blaming' you for that...

All I'm saying is that you're not being objective and realistic when you call Novak 'trash'. None of the top guys are 'trash'. But you constantly keep underestimating Novak and keep denying all the stuff he's done. Your hate for him is just unbelievable. What on Earth did he do to you... :confused:

Face it, Novak Đoković is undisputed World Number One and, whether you like it or not, you HAVE TO respect him. :yeah:
I HAVE TO respect him? No, I don't have to respect him. And why should I? He's a cheater, a faker, does terrible fistpumps and chest thumps, takes ages between points, has an annoying family, is a bad loser when crowds are cheering for his opponent more (RG vs. Federer last year) and has an incredibly underwhelming game. Why should I respect any of that? I don't and I won't.

The only thing I like about him is his first name, which I think is cool for some reason.

green25814
03-16-2012, 07:39 PM

The scary thing about Isner isn't his NO of aces, its his second serve. Its a beast, and as tough to return as plenty of player's first serves. Even if it is returned, its usually a short reply he can take advantage of.

Thats why he's so strong on serve. Murray serves plenty of aces but his second serve is incredibly weak and easy to attack.

Sapeod
03-16-2012, 07:45 PM
The scary thing about Isner isn't his NO of aces, its his second serve. Its a beast, and as tough to return as plenty of player's first serves. Even if it is returned, its usually a short reply he can take advantage of.

Thats why he's so strong on serve. Murray serves plenty of aces but his second serve is incredibly weak and easy to attack.
Yes, his second serve is really good.

Murray has a low percentage of first serves a lot of the time, so maybe that's why he doesn't get as many aces as he could. His second serve isn't bad, it's just not great. That said, his ground game usually makes up for his second serve, most of the time.

Broskie91
03-16-2012, 07:46 PM
I HAVE TO respect him? No, I don't have to respect him. And why should I? He's a cheater, a faker, does terrible fistpumps and chest thumps, takes ages between points, has an annoying family, is a bad loser when crowds are cheering for his opponent more (RG vs. Federer last year) and has an incredibly underwhelming game. Why should I respect any of that? I don't and I won't.

The only thing I like about him is his first name, which I think is cool for some reason.

Don't pay attention to the Serb...for him, Djokovic is the only thing to hold onto in that country...I'm with you. GO ISNER!

Slice Winner
03-16-2012, 07:47 PM
If Isner pulls himself together, he should be able to take a set, esp. if the match is day time.
He was disastrous against Simon, but hopefully that was a one-off.

green25814
03-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Yes, his second serve is really good.

Murray has a low percentage of first serves a lot of the time, so maybe that's why he doesn't get as many aces as he could. His second serve isn't bad, it's just not great. That said, his ground game usually makes up for his second serve, most of the time.

Murray's second serve is really bad. Its his main weakness, and its important because its something he SHOULD be able to improve. I can't see his backhand/forehand changing too much over the coming years.

Sapeod
03-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Don't pay attention to the Serb...for him, Djokovic is the only thing to hold onto in that country...I'm with you. GO ISNER!
Indeed. Come on, Johnny Boy!!
Murray's second serve is really bad. Its his main weakness, and its important because its something he SHOULD be able to improve. I can't see his backhand/forehand changing too much over the coming years.
I wouldn't say it's really bad. It has its moment, but for the most part it's a pretty inoffensive serve. It's got plenty of spin on it and it's not completely crap. He's slowly improving it. His second serve is much better than what it used to be. His forehand is also improving quite a lot. His backhand doesn't need any improving. It's already a genius shot.

MIMIC
03-16-2012, 07:57 PM
I'd love for Isner to make his first Masters final....but not against Djokovic :)

Djoker in 2.

Alex999
03-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Sap, no you don't need to respect anybody. It's your choice. I just don't understand why you are calling Djokovic 'trash'. He is #1 like it or not. I just don't understand your logic. sure, I know you want Murray to win everything but still... don't get it. I'm really trying to be civil with you. why would you call anyone trash?

you go to school right? there are some people cleaning the washrooms there, working their arses out. do you consider them trash too? you are hiding behind your computer and calling other people names. I understand you are a bit frustrated but man tone it done a bit. you'll get nowhere in life with this kinda attitude. why being so angry? what did Djokovic do to you? You really need to learn to respect everyone.

EliSter
03-16-2012, 08:29 PM

You are an idiot.

stanch
03-16-2012, 08:35 PM

The Serb? That's kind of a rude way to refer to somebody, just by his nationality... You're simply so full of prejudices. Have you ever been in Serbia? No? So how can you know what is the life here like? :stupid:

The only thing? :lol:

That says a lot about you. Such opinion makes you nothing but a hater. Don't get me wrong. I really don't dislike you or something like that. As a matter of fact, even though I don't know you, I think you're a smart kid and interesting person to hang out with. You're a good poster, you know about tennis and I like reading your posts. But your attitude towards certain players (also many posters on the site) is just terrible. Why so much hate? As Alex said, you'll get nowhere in life acting like that...

Mr. Oracle
03-16-2012, 10:14 PM
There should be demerit points issued for talking trash against the champ and world #1. But it's funny in a strange way.

Envy, and how it makes people behave, is alwaysfunny. :hysteric: :toothy::sobbing:

MuzzahLovah
03-16-2012, 10:45 PM

Sorry, this is dumb. You are hoping for a serve-bot to take out the trash? Against one of the best returners in the game, and the world number one? This is just silly. I think Murray is a better returner than Djokovic, but not by much, and I certainly don't see Djokovic losing to a servebot on a slow hard court.

Voo de Mar
03-16-2012, 10:51 PM
D'Joke 7-6 7-6.

jcempire
03-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Djoker 6-2 6-2

Ravel
03-17-2012, 12:40 AM
good tourny for Isner. Hope it ends here :devil:

a win puts Isner inside the top 10 bumping Del Potro out. I'd rather Delpo stay in

Ultravox
03-17-2012, 02:43 AM

Oh boy, but you have "respect" for poor loser Andy who is using the f-words in every game (and take warnings for that), who is talking with his own racket and who has a mother who turns on his tennis friend Deliciano:devil:

Sunset of Age
03-17-2012, 03:05 AM
50K vcash on Djoko.

hisham70
03-17-2012, 06:43 AM
This match does not deserve a poll.

swisht4u
03-17-2012, 06:47 AM
Djokovic, if Fed can get rhythm on Isner's serve so can Djokovic.
When the game moves past the serve it's all Djokovic.

Ziros
03-17-2012, 07:00 AM
I would soooo laugh if Isner won,everyone's talking Nadal-Djokovic in the final again,but talking as if this match is even more of a foregone conclusion than Nadal-Federer

MuzzahLovah
03-17-2012, 07:12 AM
I picked Djokovic to win in two, but I'd be much less surprised with Isner upsetting than I would with Fed upsetting.

Allez
03-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Isner has done really well so far. Real American number 1. Djokovic is just a step too far for him right now.

cmoss
03-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Americans in Stadium 1 must keep cheering for Isner until the whole stadium get exploded.

If so,he can win.:yeah:

GOAT in progress
03-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Nole in 2. So easy

Vida
03-17-2012, 01:11 PM
I picked Djokovic to win in two, but I'd be much less surprised with Isner upsetting than I would with Fed upsetting.

zing!

TigerTim
03-17-2012, 01:17 PM
6-4, 6-2, too easy for the joker

arm
03-17-2012, 01:25 PM
D'Joke 7-6 7-6.

:lol: yes, Nole is so going to win 2 straight TB. :tape::o

50K vcash on Djoko.

Nice jinx try :ras:

BroTree123
03-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Despite my original thoughts, I think it will turn out to be fairly tough. Something like 6-2, 3-6, 6-3 IMO to No-Djoke.

Allez
03-17-2012, 01:44 PM
6-0, 0-6, 6-0....the middle set being lost only because the djoker will play the entire set impersonating Sharapova.

jcempire
03-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Djoker 6-2 6-1

reery
03-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Nole.

thehotstuff66
03-17-2012, 03:43 PM
cant call it, i would be happy with either winning as i like both. if isner serves really well, he has a chance. Even if Nole is playing is B game, he should still be able to give isner a run for his money..If Nole is playing A game, he should win handily...so i'm excited to see it to see how they play this.

cat

DrJules
03-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Djokovic in 2 sets, but closer than many think.

Not seeing any 6-0 sets here.

Eden
03-17-2012, 04:18 PM
This match does not deserve a poll.

Why not? :scratch:

Isner forced Novak to 5 sets when they played each other for the first time in 2010 and the last encounter also went to a TB in the 1st set.

Djokovic is obviously the favorite going into this match but that goes for about nearly every match he plays these days ;)

Rafa = Fed Killa
03-17-2012, 04:31 PM
"Oh, it's Sapeod and he's making fun of a player. Quick, let's reply with an insult to Murray even though he has nothing to do with anything in the thread." I've had tonnes of these given to me in the 3 years I've been here and they got stale a long time ago, buddy. They're tiresome, boring and predictable. Just letting you know.

Just to reply to your comment, no, Murray is not trash. He is the most talented player on tour behind Federer. Talent does not equal trash.

Sapeod logic

#1 player, same age with 5 Grand Slams = trash
#4 player, same age with 0 Grand Slams = not trash

The british school system leaves a lot to be desired. Even a child should have more logic than this.

Fedtardism appears to be infecting the ability of many users to think critically.

Talent is what losers say they have because they cant be winners.

trucul
03-17-2012, 05:06 PM
If you wish, you can try to pick the right score by placing your pick in THE BIG MATCH thread (refer to my signature).

Hingisova
03-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Well Isner just won the first set in a tie-breaker, now can he make it two?:confused: Good Luck big guy you're looking good out there!!:worship:

Hingisova:wavey:

viruzzz
03-17-2012, 08:25 PM

Sapeod is kinda dumb, but if that's your logic, you're worse than him.
Do you really think that, or that's one of your trolling shit like that signature?

God... How can you deal with yourself?
I really hope you're not THAT stupid outside the forum, because if that's true, I can't understand how your family, friends and all the damn people tolerate your shit.

Hug.

Sapeod
03-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Sapeod logic

#1 player, same age with 5 Grand Slams = trash
#4 player, same age with 0 Grand Slams = not trash

The british school system leaves a lot to be desired. Even a child should have more logic than this.

Fedtardism appears to be infecting the ability of many users to think critically.

I'm talking about talent, unwise one. I'm not talking about results. Murray >>>>> Djokovic and Nadal combined when it comes to talent. Also, Federer's talent >>>> Murray's. Federer has the results as well. So, Federer >>>> Djokovic and Nadal combined x3 and there's not a goddamn thing you can say to make it otherwise :wavey:

saniapower
03-17-2012, 09:29 PM
fed bt isner

jcempire
03-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Go Isner

jcempire
03-17-2012, 09:55 PM
First ATP Master Final For Inser

Congrat

Sapeod
03-17-2012, 09:56 PM
will that bother Djokovic? I don't think so. Novak simply deals with big servers just fine.
:superlol: :superlol: :superlol: :superlol: