IW QF Djokovic routines Almagro 6-3 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

IW QF Djokovic routines Almagro 6-3 6-4

MuzzahLovah
03-15-2012, 09:33 PM
easy

rinnegan
03-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Error-prone and indifferent Nole gets the job done against Almagro. Quelle surprise. :sport:

FedererBulgaria
03-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Djokovic is so boring to watch.....and then people said Wozniacki didnt deserve to be # 1

MIMIC
03-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Beautiful back hand winner DTL to close out the match.

Almagro :facepalm:

ZaZoo)
03-15-2012, 09:35 PM
ajde king Nole, another semi! :sport: :cheerleader:

Lopez
03-15-2012, 09:36 PM
That was a Federer-esque performance from Djokovic, in that he did enough to win and not much more. Just needed to be solid in rallies, Mugro couldn't really hurt him on a consistent basis.

NID
03-15-2012, 09:37 PM
yawn match. djoko looks bored. seems like only nadal motivates him nowadays.

Time Violation
03-15-2012, 09:37 PM
That was a Federer-esque performance from Djokovic, in that he did enough to win and not much more. Just needed to be solid in rallies, Mugro couldn't really hurt him on a consistent basis.

Correct :)

MuzzahLovah
03-15-2012, 09:38 PM
People thought Djokovic was being a jerk when he said his 60% was better than Troiki's 100%. I'm not sure what percent Nole was at here, but it was certainly much better than Almagro.

Li Ching Yuen
03-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Berdych. :lol:

mark73
03-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Anyone hit a more powerful backhand than Almagro? He hit two at 96mph. :eek:

Nole Rules

My thoughts excatly.:lol:

Naudio Spanlatine
Both players were terrible just absolutely terrible today, most of the winners came off the aces:o:o:o :tape: :tape:

Anyways congrats to Nole for getting the job done:yeah:

Nico:o :hug: :ras:

asmazif
03-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Anyone hit a more powerful backhand than Almagro? He hit two at 96mph. :eek:

I think Lalo hit a few at 110mph+

Lee
03-15-2012, 09:42 PM
I think Lalo hit a few at 110mph+

:rolls:

asmazif
03-15-2012, 09:44 PM
actually, here's a 96mph BH from Djokovic himself (sorry, you'll have to endure the absurd FH winner at the start as well (and 2 other points (basically, play from 1:55)))

qw9ma94I0RA

arm
03-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Djokovic is so boring to watch.....and then people said Wozniacki didnt deserve to be # 1

:facepalm: that must the the worst comparison ever. :cuckoo: Djokovic has won 4 of the last 5 slams, if he does not deserve to be #1 would you care enlightening me about who does? :scratch:

Yep. :lol:

BIGMARAT
03-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Nole is the type of player who plays only to his opponents standard. Raising the level when only needed.

martinatreue
Almagro definitely has a better backhand than Djokovic but those forehand returns of Almagro are a joke. Djoker just had to serve out wide to the forehand and nearly everyone was sprayed out by a few meters.

munZe konZa
commentators and the spectators were cheering against Nole.
They seemed old, are they federer fans?

mark73
03-15-2012, 09:47 PM
actually, here's a 96mph BH from Djokovic himself (sorry, you'll have to endure the absurd FH winner at the start as well (and 2 other points (basically, play from 1:55)))

qw9ma94I0RA

that one was 95.8mph, they had to round up.

munZe konZa
03-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Nole is the type of player who plays only to his opponents standard. Raising the level when only needed.

Not at all. Almagro was pretty good as was the yesterday opponent.

FedererBulgaria
03-15-2012, 09:50 PM
:facepalm: that must the the worst comparison ever. :cuckoo: Djokovic has won 4 of the last 5 slams, if he does not deserve to be #1 would you care enlightening me about who does? :scratch:

We are talkinga about this match....may be today u see the GS champion and #1 on court

habibko
03-15-2012, 09:52 PM

no, they are tennis fans

BIGMARAT
03-15-2012, 09:54 PM
We are talkinga about this match....may be today u see the GS champion and #1 on court

You're only bored because Nole is not your liking.
A win is a Win! And I dont really see your point of wozniaki comparison.

teacherling

I must've missed Wozniacki winning a GS... Pray, when did she do it? Djoko may be boring but you are so predictable, mate.

Sunset of Age
Boring match. The first set had, wut, two winners in total, and both of them were aces. :bowdown:
Fell asleep somewhere halfway, and Djoko looked as if he was about to do the same thing.

MuzzahLovah

Indian Wells is full of rich old white people. It's palm springs in the desert, where old people go to die.
That they were cheering for Almagro was really embarrassing for all Californians, like myself.

Naudio Spanlatine
03-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Indian Wells is full of rich old white people. It's palm springs in the desert, where old people go to die.
That they were cheering for Almagro was really embarrassing for all Californians, like myself.

You're a californian too, me too:D

:bounce:

teacherling
03-15-2012, 09:57 PM

#1. Must be Grisha Dimitrov? Or?:devil:

Naudio Spanlatine
03-15-2012, 09:57 PM

Please dont:facepalm:

arm
03-15-2012, 09:59 PM

:rolls: you make too much sense, I rest my case.

asmazif
03-15-2012, 09:59 PM
that one was 95.8mph, they had to round up.

I'm dreadfully sorry.

Ash86
03-15-2012, 10:00 PM

When is the crowd not cheering against Nole? [Discounting ex-pat support in Canada, Australia etc.]

Both him & Azarenka are odd no.1s in that they're rarely backed by the crowd. Of course with Azarenka the crowd actively seem to want her to lose and couldn't care less about her, but with Nole it's just a general apathy - not much of the adoration one might expect. People root for underdogs sure but there are a number of Novak matches I can think of where the crowd nearly in total unison was behind the other player - Baggy last year at Wimby; Fed at RG etc. Nadal's only had that at RG & I don't think Fed has ever had it - hard to pinpoint one reason but interesting none the less...

On the match - dull, dull and dull. The semi won't be much better regardless of whether it's Isner or Simon vs Nole. Will have to hope the other half provides some excitement. A very boring IW so far - Novak needs to go have some fun and look like he cares a bit.

Kat_YYZ
03-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Good observation. As a Federer fan I always want him to crush his opponents so I'm not stressing out that he'll have a loose game and get broken and -- whoops -- there goes a set. But the truth is he probably got to where he is by conserving energy and only doing as much as is needed. But it makes the fans of the player worry that he's not in good form. Novak will last longer if he does it this way, I think.

I'm not sure that they were cheering against him, but they cheered whenever Almagro managed to hold serve! Like it was a huge accomplishment :lol:

Filo V.
03-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Match wasn't interesting, because of the predictability. You knew what was going to happen before it played out in reality. Nole was adequate. Not bad, not special. Mucho went for a lot as he had too and eventually wore down in both sets, as he couldn't keep up the level of shotmaking required to win.

Also, the reason why Nole (and Azarenka for the WTA) don't get the love from fans/media that their fans may desire is because the games they play are very streamline, very simple. They're grinders; they don't hit the big shots consistently, they aren't going for winners like Federer, they don't have the huge topspin like Nadal. Plus both are naturally emotional, they are "characters" and not everyone appreciates that. A lot of people view them as less humble and therefore less likable than most players.

Not saying I agree, since I like Nole, but that's what it is. Nole will never get the same love as Roger/Rafa and his fans will need to accept this.

arm
03-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Nole will never get the same love as Roger/Rafa and his fans will need to accept this.

More than accept it, some of us actually enjoy it. ;)

Mr. Oracle
03-15-2012, 10:16 PM
The gap between the top players and the rest, and the resulting lowering of the level of intensity needed to get the "W", sure does make for some mind numbingly boring tennis. I can't entirely blame those who tune in at the semi-final stage.

hipolymer
03-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Match wasn't interesting, because of the predictability. You knew what was going to happen before it played out in reality. Nole was adequate. Not bad, not special. Mucho went for a lot as he had too and eventually wore down in both sets, as he couldn't keep up the level of shotmaking required to win.

Also, the reason why Nole (and Azarenka for the WTA) don't get the love from fans/media that their fans may desire is because the games they play are very streamline, very simple. They're grinders; they don't hit the big shots consistently, they aren't going for winners like Federer, they don't have the huge topspin like Nadal. Plus both are naturally emotional, they are "characters" and not everyone appreciates that. A lot of people view them as less humble and therefore less likable than most players.

Not saying I agree, since I like Nole, but that's what it is. Nole will never get the same love as Roger/Rafa and his fans will need to accept this.

Indeed. Nole of 2007-2008 is gone.

BIGMARAT
03-15-2012, 10:17 PM

Thats an over statement. You are only talking of the place you were in.
Nole is so popular and loved in Asia.
Also, Nole's popularity is just starting. It's the same for Roger and Rafa when people love Agassi so much before they accept them.

teacherling
03-15-2012, 10:19 PM

Excellent observation and explanation. Yes, Nole surely comes across to the crowd as arrogant, being only an extreme extrovert, born and raised in another type of culture that does not insist on the stiff upper lip conduct. I am very much aware of that --- he needn't do anything apart from simply showing and expressing his true feelings strongly, and, there you go, he's taken to be as chesty as a peacock. Which is completely wrong because he's only a very intelligent youngster, even overly serious and considerate of other people's opinions (at least from what I saw in a couple of TV interviews). That's why I think you were spot on.

arm
03-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Also, Nole's popularity is just starting. It's the same for Roger and Rafa when people love Agassi so much before they accept them.

Still he will never be as popular as Rafa or Roger. ;) And that's coming from a very partial fan of his. :lol:

BIGMARAT
03-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Still he will never be as popular as Rafa or Roger. ;) And that's coming from a very partial fan of his. :lol:

And your opinion will never be at all sensible.

arm
03-15-2012, 10:23 PM
And your opinion will never be at all sensible.

:rolls:

Ash86
03-15-2012, 10:25 PM

Good point - never really thought about it that way but you're right - the thing that bores me about Nole's game is that he is very much textbook, hits every shot great, a bit like a robot going through the motions but there's not a whole lot about it that's unique. Back in 2007/8 I enjoyed watching him way more - was equally behind him and Nadal in the Queens final - but back then his personality was a lot more a part of the package which made him more fun to watch. Now that he's lost that he's winning more but the dullness factor has increased.

Nadal's game to me is the most thrilling (when it's on) as I cannot believe some of the shots he makes; Fed's sublime when on song and I enjoy watching him even if he's not a fave - with ultra-efficient Novak while I can appreciate on a technical and intellectual level what he is doing, I just cannot connect emotionally. The emotions of Nadal on court probably have helped him build more of a connection with the crowd too and Fed's game is enough to wow people but Novak hasn't got that factor on the whole.

leng jai
03-15-2012, 10:26 PM
The Serbian Lord will become Antarctica's no 1 player. I have in good authority that he is a God among the seal population.

Ajde.

zlaja777
03-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Nole will never get the same love as Roger/Rafa and his fans will need to accept this.

Not really a concern for me as a Djokovic fan.

emotion
03-15-2012, 10:34 PM
I thought Almagro played well. Abysmal HC footwork, but otherwise well. Djokovic was quite good.

Mr. Oracle
03-15-2012, 10:35 PM
The Serbian Lord will become Antarctica's no 1 player. I have in good authority that he is a God among the seal population.

Ajde.

Don't quit yer day job "funnyman."

Kat_YYZ
03-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Excellent observation and explanation. Yes, Nole surely comes across to the crowd as arrogant, being only an extreme extrovert, born and raised in another type of culture that does not insist on the stiff upper lip conduct. I am very much aware of that --- he needn't do anything apart from simply showing and expressing his true feelings strongly, and, there you go, he's taken to be as chesty as a peacock. Which is completely wrong because he's only a very intelligent youngster, even overly serious and considerate of other people's opinions (at least from what I saw in a couple of TV interviews). That's why I think you were spot on.

quite strange though, because that's not a phrase I would use to describe Nadal -- especially not on court with the raised leg, fist pump VAMOS, etc. Maybe people think Spaniards are more 'allowed' to be fiery, with their flamenco music and bullfighting. Maybe they are more judgmental about other cultures being passionate. :scratch:

Mr. Oracle
03-15-2012, 10:37 PM
I noticed that nadal plays more aggressively than Fed/Nole in the earlier rounds, whereas Fed/Nole tend to play high percentage tennis to cruise thru--look at the opponent's UE count--sometimes twice as much.

Nadal truly is a madman and matador who wants to put on a show.

leng jai
03-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Don't quit yer day job "funnyman."

This is my day job mate.

Ajde.

MIMIC
03-15-2012, 10:41 PM

This.

Roger and Rafa can have all the fans they want....just as long as Novak keeps on winning :rocker2:

MuzzahLovah
03-15-2012, 10:42 PM

Djokovic plays a lot closer to Clijsters than Azarenka, who usually is shriek shanker, verses consistent offense and unparalleled hard court sliding defense from Clijsters and Nole. And everyone loves Clijsters, so it's not game related.

teacherling
03-15-2012, 10:43 PM
quite strange though, because that's not a phrase I would use to describe Nadal -- especially not on court with the raised leg, fist pump VAMOS, etc. Maybe people think Spaniards are more 'allowed' to be fiery, with their flamenco music and bullfighting. Maybe they are more judgmental about other cultures being passionate. :scratch:

Yep, mystery for me too. May be you are right: that people in the USA accept the fiery temperament of Spain by default, whilst they do raise their eyebrows at other ethnicities who allow themselves imitating and swearing and generally showing emotion (Nole ver 1). Nole ver 2 won't change that regardless of his newly adopted non-redundant and slightly dull comport. Nice point for analysis though. But not in this Forum, unfortunately.

Nole Rules
03-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Djokovic plays a lot closer to Clijsters than Azarenka, who usually is shriek shanker, verses consistent offense and unparalleled hard court sliding defense from Clijsters and Nole. And everyone loves Clijsters, so it's not game related.

Ditto.

Petrovic
03-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Joker looked bored today, it seems hard for him to find motivation against players other than Muzza, Rafa or Roger at the moment.
I don't like that as a Nole fan...
I know that he will raise his game v Rafa/Fed in the final (if wins SF).
Poor tennis from Joker and Nico today ...

leng jai
03-15-2012, 10:51 PM

Nole might not be like Azarenka but hes certainly nothing like Clijsters either. Clijsters is one of the most brainless ball bashers on the WTA tour who never has any semblance of a plan B. Her only reaction to losing is to hit the ball harder and if that doesn't work, tough luck. Nole's game is based on consistency and measured aggression - not attributes that I'd give to Clijsters. Compared ATP to WTA players is not very productive anyway, its almost like two different sports.

BIGMARAT
03-15-2012, 10:52 PM
In America yes! Roger and Rafa are still way ahead in popularity.
I think it has to do with their endorsements.
Americans are NIKE addicts! They only wear Nike and Nike is an american company.
You can see that in every popular athletes here specially in the NBA.
Its the Public Releases of Nike that makes them popular.
Being popular doesnt really translate to results. Being overhyped my the media is a completely different business.

Time Violation
03-15-2012, 10:52 PM

Same here :)

Lee
03-15-2012, 11:00 PM
More than accept it, some of us actually enjoy it. ;)

This.

Roger and Rafa can have all the fans they want....just as long as Novak keeps on winning :rocker2:

Same here :)

:rocker:

Branimir
03-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Roger/Rafa fanbase is huge. Off course they would cheer for Nole's opponents. I always cheer for opponents of Rafa and Roger. Actually sometimes I cheer for Roger, but never for Rafa.
As long as Nole keeps silencing the crowd I will be happy!

NikolaBGD
03-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Last year Novak crushed every opponent, nowadays in his mind is RG only, he doesnt need to show his best tennis, because he prove everything last year, except wining in Paris...

Some people taking this too emotional, but nobody will remeber this first rounds of smaller tournament when he finish his career, like nobody remember how pete, Becker, John played in smaller tournaments...

This year he showed everything in SF and F in Australia...

What are we talking about, match with Almagro...give me a break:p

Fedtards will always downgrade Novak abillities, he is his first successor, beat him in some very important matches...I understand their feelings, but...who cares:angel:

Alex999
03-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Almagro definitely has a better backhand than Djokovic but those forehand returns of Almagro are a joke. Djoker just had to serve out wide to the forehand and nearly everyone was sprayed out by a few meters.
lol, Almagro has a better BH than Novak, right? are you kidding me, lol... I can't stop laughing, oh boy

Branimir
03-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Last year Novak crushed every opponent, nowadays in his mind is RG only, he doesnt need to show his best tennis, because he prove everything last year, except wining in Paris...

Some people taking this too emotional, but nobody will remeber this first rounds of smaller tournament when he finish his career, like nobody remember how pete, Becker, John played in smaller tournaments...

This year he showed everything in SF and F in Australia...

What are we talking about, match with Almagro...give me a break:p

Fedtards will always downgrade Novak abillities, he is his first successor, beat him in some very important matches...I understand their feelings, but...who cares:angel:

Yeah but let's be honest. Nole 2011 would crush Nole 2012 if they could play against each other.

Alex999
03-15-2012, 11:09 PM
don't want to quote, but putting Djokovic and Azarenka in the same sentence is so stupid... this is so retarded

SheepleBuster
03-15-2012, 11:13 PM

So you are saying Djokovic does not deserve to be #1 because he does not pick his ass? What's your point?

cmoss
03-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Good.

And Almagro sticked at his No.12.

NikolaBGD
03-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Yeah but let's be honest. Nole 2011 would crush Nole 2012 if they could play against each other.

It's a matter of motivation...

Novak spring 2011 version was tottaly different thing, he chased No.2 in IW, wanted to continue his winning streak, he had a goal, No.1, other slams... what is his goal now?!

Finish his opponent in most efficient way, balanced grinding game, not putting menthal and physical effort, just - job done. Rest his brain for a dirt.

As a fan, I accept that, understanding on which mountain he climbed last 6 years... he is on the top of Everest, and now he need a menthal break.

He wont have a poppularity like Fed and Nadal, but in that fact I find the reason to support him even more... ;)

BIGMARAT
03-15-2012, 11:19 PM

Novak spring 2011 version was tottaly different thing, he chased No.2 in IW, wanted to continue his winning streak, he had a goal, No.1, other slams... what is his goal now?!

Finish his opponent in most efficient way, balanced grinding game, not putting menthal and physical effort, just - job done. Rest his brain for a dirt.

As a fan, I accept that, understanding on what mountain he climbed last 6 years... he is on the top of Everest, and now he need a menthal break.

He wont have a poppularity like Fed and Nadal, but in that fact I find the reason to suppot him even more... ;)

THIS!!!

rob_z
03-15-2012, 11:21 PM
lol, Almagro has a better BH than Novak, right? are you kidding me, lol... I can't stop laughing, oh boy

I also laughed about that statement:). According to Wikipedia McEnroe, Connors and Sampras have all said that NO tennis player EVER had a better backhand than Djokovic. That said, Novak has like any other player of course good and bad days. But even on a bad day his backhand is still among the best in the world.

leng jai
03-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Nole's backhand is by far the most consistently excellent backhand in tennis right now. It basically never breaks down, is rock solid defensively and the down the line is a stupidly reliable money shot for him. There are backhands with more flair than his for sure and better on a given day, but overall Nole's one is the backhand of choice.

Vamos.

NikolaBGD
03-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Nole's backhand is by far the most consistently excellent backhand in tennis right now. It basically never breaks down, is rock solid defensively and the down the line is a stupidly reliable money shot for him. There are backhands with more flair than his for sure and better on a given day, but overall Nole's one is the backhand of choice.

In this one missing one thing...ajde:devil:

His CC backhand is most consistent shot, always deep and fast, no matter how Novak is off balance, somehow he always find a range when it matters...

Alex999
03-15-2012, 11:35 PM
well, can you somehow explain that to this Martin guy? I simply can not stand stupidity on this board any more. sure, we are all fans of somebody, but please people GET REAL.

FlameOn
03-15-2012, 11:40 PM
People really thought Nico could win this! :eek::lol:

shuhrat
03-15-2012, 11:45 PM
In this one missing one thing...ajde:devil:

His CC backhand is most consistent shot, always deep and fast, no matter how Novak is off balance, somehow he always find a range when it matters...
I guess that confirms he's not ok. Compliment on Nole without any jab between the lines? :unsure:

arm
03-15-2012, 11:46 PM
I guess that confirms he's not ok. Compliment on Nole without any jab between the lines? :unsure:

He just admitted he is a closet nole fan. ;)

Alex999
03-15-2012, 11:46 PM
I also laughed about that statement:). According to Wikipedia McEnroe, Connors and Sampras have all said that NO tennis player EVER had a better backhand than Djokovic. That said, Novak has like any other player of course good and bad days. But even on a bad day his backhand is still among the best in the world.
there are just too many ignorant people on this board. I don't get it. I think that mods should have some sort of a test when they allow new members in. I'm all open to talk about anything but some guys here are simply driving me crazy. that sapeoid guy who brags about Murray all the time, this Martin guy who knows sh!t about tennis ... it's really getting so annoying

NikolaBGD
03-15-2012, 11:52 PM

Miss Arm just noticed a big fact - Leng is his fan:D

MIMIC
03-15-2012, 11:58 PM

If Nole 2011 wore a Nadal mask, Nole 2012 would win in straights :p

fast_clay
03-16-2012, 12:01 AM
i think Novak is probably the best #1 for the game since marcelo rios and i am sure many agree with me... since he realised and accepted that he is a f**khead he has come on leaps and bounds... he was looking for love in all the wrong places... doing it all wrong... people just didn't like him and all his man hugs when he was getting his arse handed to him by nadal... 'ahh, good one, you beat me... awwww come here you, lets have a kodak moment'... you d!ckhead novak...

and all this is great for the game... i think djokovic has refined the artform of over-celebration, and to his credit at the same time he has reduced the number of retirements he has been involved with...

so basically he is still a genuine prick, but without the acute case of vaginitus that has plagued him since turning pro... what a formula

AlterBridge
03-16-2012, 12:03 AM

Congrats, you just won post of the year.

NikolaBGD
03-16-2012, 12:07 AM

He prefers halloween mask:devil:

Nole fan
03-16-2012, 12:08 AM

Yes, they are old and probably federer fans. :yawn:

Nole fan
03-16-2012, 12:16 AM

Exactly.
You know what bores me? all you people making absurd generalisations, repeating the same stuff all the time as if you're trying to convince everyone. If you've seen Nole live you will notice he gets a lot of support everywhere. I was in Australia and he was very much loved there. I saw his match against Hewitt and he had a lot of support and cheers even though he was playing the local heroe. So don't throw me that bullshit because you people are upset that there is a new number one and he's not going anywhere.

NikolaBGD
03-16-2012, 12:17 AM
i think Novak is probably the best #1 for the game since marcelo rios and i am sure many agree with me... since he realised and accepted that he is a f**khead he has come on leaps and bounds... he was looking for love in all the wrong places... doing it all wrong... people just didn't like him and all his man hugs when he was getting his arse handed to him by nadal... 'ahh, good one, you beat me... awwww come here you, lets have a kodak moment'... you d!ckhead novak...

and all this is great for the game... i think djokovic has refined the artform of over-celebration, and to his credit at the same time he has reduced the number of retirements he has been involved with...

so basically he is still a genuine prick, but without the acute case of vaginitus that has plagued him since turning pro... what a formula

Name it how you want - fhead, dhead... but deep inside he respect Nadal...and shows it multiple times...

Problem is that in the past he craved for public acceptance, he is extreme extrovert guy...but he didnt realised that he is in the tigers cage, with older tigers, with too much respect from visitors.

Guy was only 20, it was a time proccess to realise that he should not care for that... I am not sure that he get rid of that completely, but Novak is on the right track, in emotional way.

Jelena Ristic fixed a problem:angel:

leng jai
03-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Theres a pretty large Serb population in Melbourne.

Ajde.

Yves.
03-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Godawful result. Almagro let me down.

star
03-16-2012, 12:20 AM
I've never thought the IW crowd was anti Nole at all. I think their favorite is fed. But Nole and Rafa are both well liked. I think Rafa has gained new fans through his doubles here. People see a different side to him.

But it's almost like the fans here feel like they discovered Nole because he went to the final here against Nadal and after a nervous first set nearly won the second. There is a lot of support for Latin American and Spanish players here. Although the tournament is well supported by the community which is one metroplex that pans without a break from palm springs to Indio, people come from all over. I've run into people from venezuela, Mexico, Pennsylvania, Seattle, San Francisco as all as the so cal cities closer to the coast. And that's just this year.

ballbasher101
03-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Too easy for the Djoker judging from the few games I saw. As for the Djoker not being popular, he brought it upon himself with all those retirements. There is nothing as annoying as paying big money only to see someone just throw in the towel. I'm glad he has improved in that regard. Americans also still remember his clash with Roddick a few years back. As he wins more glory hunters will support him for sure. Everyone loves a winner ;).

fast_clay
03-16-2012, 12:26 AM
Name it how you want - fhead, dhead... but deep inside he respect Nadal...and shows it multiple times...

Problem is that in the past he craved for public acceptance, he is extreme extrovert guy...but he didnt realised that he is in the tigers cage, with older tigers, with too much respect from visitors.

Guy was only 20, it was a time proccess to realise that he should not care for that... I am not sure that he get rid of that completely, but Novak is on the right track, in emotional way.

Jelena Ristic fixed a problem:angel:

hey don't take it the wrong way... i am pretty happy with the way novak has managed to embrace his dark side...

well... he could always grab his scrotum at nadal's mums face a few more times during his post victory over celebration... he really needs to show nadal what happens when you refuse to hug when you lose, because i'm sorry but we all must reap what we sew at some stage...

NkfIuA46V0Q

Lee
03-16-2012, 12:38 AM

Vamos.

Now that Vamos confuse me. Is that a different form of Ajde or something else?

NikolaBGD
03-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Too easy for the Djoker judging from the few games I saw. As for the Djoker not being popular, he brought it upon himself with all those retirements. There is nothing as annoying as paying big money only to see someone just throw in the towel. I'm glad he has improved in that regard. Americans also still remember his clash with Roddick a few years back. As he wins more glory hunters will support him for sure. Everyone loves a winner ;).

How much retirements...it is exagerrate story...

Novak played around 75-80 matches per year, in this momment he played over 500 matches. Retired no more than 10 times, 2%.

Truth is that he was in very bad physical condition in early days, short lung capacity, weaker body, bad resistance to a hot weather... but he pushed himself to the limits.

Problem was some medical he took, match with Fed in Monte Carlo...and, above all, he was a third weel for western medias, nobody wants him at a top, chance to ruin Fed-Rafa duopolly was cut down in the start... Murray was a in headlines, public opinion makers did their job...and that shadow was till AO final this year, when he finally beats every critics.

bouncer7
03-16-2012, 12:47 AM
In America yes! Roger and Rafa are still way ahead in popularity.
I think it has to do with their endorsements.
Americans are NIKE addicts! They only wear Nike and Nike is an american company.
You can see that in every popular athletes here specially in the NBA.
Its the Public Releases of Nike that makes them popular.
Being popular doesnt really translate to results. Being overhyped my the media is a completely different business.
+1

and if Nole one day sign contract with Nike, same these fat asses is going to cheer for Nole cause they only know to cheer for faces seen in advertisements LOL

fast_clay
03-16-2012, 12:59 AM
+1

and if Nole one day sign contract with Nike, same these fat asses is going to cheer for Nole cause they only know to cheer for faces seen in advertisements LOL

there is more truth in subliminal marketing than Nike likes to let on... after the nadal federer RG final i spray painted a swoosh logo on my neighbours dog yet i have no recollection of this event... probably because my doctor prescribes nadal as a strong sedative...

Higher Power
03-16-2012, 01:13 AM
People thought Djokovic was being a jerk when he said his 60% was better than Troiki's 100%. I'm not sure what percent Nole was at here, but it was certainly much better than Almagro.

I was there when Djokovic said that. Out of context it sounds pretty bad. It was during Davis Cup match when Troicki and Djokovic were BOTH injured and they decided to play Djoko as he was slightly in a better shape. He said: "We decided that, today, my 60% would probably be more than Viktor's 100%" meaning Troicki had nothing to offer as he was injured. He wasn't comparing himself to Troicki....if he was he'd prob say "my 10% would be more than Viktor's 150%".

bouncer7
03-16-2012, 01:13 AM
there is more truth in subliminal marketing than Nike likes to let on... after the nadal federer RG final i spray painted a swoosh logo on my neighbours dog yet i have no recollection of this event... probably because my doctor prescribes nadal as a strong sedative...:worship:

poor you :( victim of nike strategy with creating fake rivalry, "divide et impera" fedtards vs rafatards :)

Looner
03-16-2012, 01:20 AM
Why are insecure Noletards insulting Fed fans even in a thread for a match their favourite has won. That's why they're probably just as bad as Nadulltards but in a different way.

The latter represents the simplicity associated with idiots and the the Djoko fans are more about insecure teenagers struggling to find their place in the world and trying to make sense of why they keep failing to do so.

At least I like Djoko despite his tards.

MuzzahLovah
03-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Nole might not be like Azarenka but hes certainly nothing like Clijsters either. Clijsters is one of the most brainless ball bashers on the WTA tour who never has any semblance of a plan B. Her only reaction to losing is to hit the ball harder and if that doesn't work, tough luck. Nole's game is based on consistency and measured aggression - not attributes that I'd give to Clijsters. Compared ATP to WTA players is not very productive anyway, its almost like two different sports.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyfqg3GJ481qdaud7.gif

Clijsters is less consistent than Nole, but hits bigger proportionally(relative to the women's game), and neither are known for their love of slices and variety.

If you have a problem with Clijsters(and are therefore a tasteless hater) that's your issue, but I didn't make the comparison as an insult to Nole. They are both multiple slam champions with the best hardcourt defense in the game and the trademark double handed backhands and sliding splits on hardcourts.

thrust
03-16-2012, 01:35 AM

PATHETICALLY STUPID STATEMENT. GROW UP CHILD!

Nole fan
03-16-2012, 01:41 AM

Vamos.

Tell me what have you done with Leng Jai. :speakles:

Nole fan
03-16-2012, 01:46 AM
Theres a pretty large Serb population in Melbourne.

Ajde.

I was actually surrounded by arabian people and they were cheering for Novak like mad.
I think Novak is specially popular in emerging countries were tennis is still a young sport, hence they're new, fresh and young fans who don't care about fedal much.

bouncer7
03-16-2012, 01:53 AM
I was actually surrounded by arabian people and they were cheering for Novak like mad.

Rome is a place where Nole was having best crowd support..better than in Melbourne and Montreal

even in Madrid people rooting more for him than in Paris

BroTree123
03-16-2012, 02:51 AM
Pathetic performance from Mugro.

rocketassist
03-16-2012, 02:52 AM
Of course Djoker isn't going to play well in a match like this. It's a court that produces SHITE tennis all round every single year.

Someone consign this and Miami to the bin and make a new calendar, please.

Corey Feldman
03-16-2012, 02:54 AM
2 Spaniards baked in preparation for the big one on Sunday :devil:

Alex999
03-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Rome is a place where Nole was having best crowd support..better than in Melbourne and Montreal

even in Madrid people rooting more for him than in Paris

yeah, Italians adore him. not sure why but it's kinda cool. His popularity is on the rise as he simply matured as a player and he behaves very well on the court. he's been simply very composed and calm. Even as his fan, he used to drive me crazy with his tantrums as a young player but THANK GOD, he finally grew up.

as for the match, not much to say. Nole is simply a much better player than Almagro.

sicko
03-16-2012, 02:19 PM
yeah, Italians adore him. not sure why but it's kinda cool.

they say Italianos got good style....