IW 4R Federer def. Bellucci 3-6 6-3 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

IW 4R Federer def. Bellucci 3-6 6-3 6-4

alter ego
03-15-2012, 01:48 AM
Awseome comeback from Feverer!

LocoPorElTenis
Sickerer into QFs.
Bellucci was good for parts of the match but folded as expected.

FedererBulgaria
Well it wasnt that pretty,but a win is a win!In the 1st set Fed was playing some really awful tennis,then found some ford and did it,hope he will play better in QF...Cmon

ZaZoo)
03-15-2012, 01:49 AM
Bellucci self destructs, serverer was there too. :o

azinna
Nice from Roger there.
Bellucci went away from a winning strategy at the end.

Roamed
First set was lacklustre from Fed though Bellucci looked like a man on a mission and didn't falter. Great lob from Fed to take SP in 2nd set. Great fight to make it through to the finish (mostly supported by good serving).

orangehat
4 threads :lol:

Certinfy
Bellucci was awful near the end, shame because he really was so good in the first.

Either way if he beats Del Potro playing like this it'll be due to him winning that match mentally, but no way is he beating Nadal like this.

Great handshake from Bellucci anyway, practically the handshake Federer would have given him had he lost.

Topspindoctor
03-15-2012, 01:50 AM
All serve this Olderer. Hope he makes it through his next match so Nadal can double bagel him.

BroTree123
Sickerer playing at 1% and still enough for mugs like Clownucci.

SheepleBuster
This just shows that you can buy talent, but you can't buy a brain

FedererBulgaria
Bellucci self destructs, serverer was there too. :o

well it was Federere who started to play better

mark73
fed beats the karate kid.

BroTree123
03-15-2012, 01:51 AM
This just shows that you can buy talent, but you can't buy a brain

Bellucci = talented :superlol:.

SERBINATOR
Sweaterer on court today

Belluci played well though

samanosuke
Barelykeepingtogethererer wanted to tank but after Bellucci was pumping himself after first set in which BKTerer didn't put the ball in the court daddy stared to care

Lopez
If Viruserer keeps serving like that, he'll be tough to beat even if his movement is sluggish. First serves close to 130 mph at times.

sexybeast
I saw sickerer, fighterer and serverer all there today in one entity.

viruzzz
Bellucci played really well during the 1st set.
Roger plays Delpistomin on Friday, that's good. He'll probably be healthy for that match.

GO ROGER!

Kat_YYZ
03-15-2012, 01:52 AM
patchy stuff from Roger but he found his way in the end. :yeah: Does he get a day off now? :awww:

henke007
03-15-2012, 01:52 AM
Sickerer played pretty good after that 1st set especially served much better. Returned really good in the end and Bellucci couldn't take the heat.

SheepleBuster
03-15-2012, 01:53 AM
Bellucci = talented :superlol:.

I think he is talented. I mean he does have some good shots. But he is so mentally weak that he looks pathetic when he loses.

Corey Feldman
03-15-2012, 01:53 AM
tournament has been nasty to Death Bederer

1st its slower than ass, thats a gimme

then he gets the virus, then he draws the difficult young guns he's never played before (history shows Fed always struggles on 1st meetings against them.. as shown again) and now all he has left is to beat Delpo, Nadull and Nole

only the fact he's the biggest spartan player of all time, has he survived this far.

LisaKoh
03-15-2012, 01:55 AM
Zombie Federer strikes again!

Lestat
the only good thing about this result is Raonic´s performance looks like shit now.

Sunset of Age
Great attempt from Bellucci. I didn't see the 1st set so no idea what happened there, but he fought on pretty well all throughout the rest of the match but just couldn't find his groove on the big points.

Feds, happy to see you go through, despite looking rather miserable I daresay.
The QF is where his run most probably will end, but so what.
ALLEZ! HOPP!!!

reery
03-15-2012, 01:56 AM
Barelykeepingtogethererer wanted to tank but after Bellucci was pumping himself after first set in which BKTerer didn't put the ball in the court daddy stared to care

Feverer wanted to keep his outstanding record against lefties(minus Nadal) intact.

masterclass
03-15-2012, 01:56 AM
Mr. Bellucci finally succumbed to the pressure in the last couple of points.
But he played much much better than his ranking. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Mr. Federer was good enough when he needed to be, as he has been of late, but was a bit fortunate to escape here.

Respectfully,
masterclass

MIMIC
03-15-2012, 01:57 AM
In true form, his fans will attribute this to an illness, but will attack anyone else for suggesting anything other than being outplayed if it were someone else.

*bookmarks thread and commentary thread*

BroTree123
03-15-2012, 01:57 AM
del Potro should win like 6-3, 6-4. Anything worse and that's just embarrassing.

castle007
03-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Federer was all out of sorts in the first set, and he didn't really find his range until he lost the first set. Bellucci fought well, but Federer was serving really well after the first set, and moving better.

That 4-4 0-30 game was clutch from Federer. Again, he served really well when it counted. :)

Hopefully he will feel better by Friday and play a good match against Del Potro/ Istomin.

Topspindoctor
del Potro should win like 6-3, 6-4. Anything worse and that's just embarrassing.

I am not sure who I want to win the next match. On one hand I want Nadal to thrash the overrated ballbasher once again. On the other, I want Nadal to make Olderer his turkey. Decisions, Decisions.

fmolinari2005
Losing a set to Bellucci means we should call the NIH/ CDC/ WHO to check what type of flesh eating virus struck IW.

samanosuke
03-15-2012, 01:59 AM
Luckily for Fed, Bellucci is one of those guys against whom you can play disaster match point knowing you'll get another

Mystique
03-15-2012, 02:00 AM
What a spartan this Sickerer is. :worship:
Coming back to beat these youngsters left and right on this slow as molasses surface with an illness and less than 20 hours between the matches :rocker2:
This is true Sparta b!tches:p

I dont care if Bellucci capitulated in the end there, its taken a great effort from Sickerer in the last two rounds, I am impressed by what I have seen of Fed this year and his attitude, if he keeps that up and gets healthy soon, good things will come around :)

Congrats Fed, great effort again, rest up and hope you feel better for the QF. If not, its still been a good run in these circumstances

alter ego
In true form, his fans will attribute this to an illness, but will attack anyone else for suggesting anything other than being outplayed if it were someone else.

:stupid:

Have you heard him at the interviews? His voice is deeply fucked.

Naudio Spanlatine
NID:shrug:

martinatreue
03-15-2012, 02:03 AM
I think he is talented. I mean he does have some good shots. But he is so mentally weak that he looks pathetic when he loses.

There is no player in the top 100 that is not talented to be honest. People on this board seem to expect everyone to be as insanely as Federer or Fabrice Santoro or Pete Sampras or Andre Agassi. All of these guys have great things in their game and a lot of talent. Some more than others, of course.

Johnny Iznrr
03-15-2012, 02:05 AM
Federer playing through illness, he's the real spartan unlike some clowns who withdraw from every other match and retire from the one's they bother showing up for :o

fmolinari2005
03-15-2012, 02:06 AM

After reading your post where you tried to build a case using a theoretical scenario in which a player could win a GS title by walk-overs and retirements I only can say that you being able to turn on a computer and write using a keyboard is a fantastic achievement.

martinatreue
03-15-2012, 02:06 AM

Actually I think Roger has shown a real commitment to the sport and even to smaller tourneys ever since he hooked up with Paul Annacone. He has been so hard-working with Paul Annacone and it's super commendable at his "ancient age" of 30.

LisaKoh
03-15-2012, 02:07 AM

What? He is sick. Are people not allowed to attribute his poor form to the fact that he has an illness? Is that a sign of tardism now, to consider the state of his health?

I'm not even sure what you're trying to get at here, your logic is so convoluted.

GugaF1
03-15-2012, 02:09 AM
Right, Bellucci is not talented, you can buy that nasty lefty Serve and that huge Forehand on any corner or Walmart.

swebright
100% first serve points won in second set !

SelvenluvJo
Federer, always good to see Bellucci lost :yeah:

viruzzz
03-15-2012, 02:10 AM
What a spartan this Sickerer is. :worship:
Coming back to beat these youngsters left and right on this slow as molasses surface with an illness and less than 20 hours between the matches :rocker2:
This is true Sparta b!tches:p

I guess we can see it that way.
:D

AntiTennis
03-15-2012, 02:13 AM
I saw sickerer, fighterer and serverer all there today in one entity.
Me too, he will have a day for rest tomorrow, I hope he will get better

GugaF1
Bellucci is a great player with great weapons who can easily get a place in the top 20. Is a question of getting his mental side together, he has the tools to bother top players a lot too, as he has in Madrid last year, now getting his act together on HC too. Guy has a big game.

JediFed
wont be here to enjoy that Nadal cutting the Fed turkey afterall

Well of course not. He's not beat Fit Dave.

martinatreue
03-15-2012, 02:14 AM
I am not sure who I want to win the next match. On one hand I want Nadal to thrash the overrated ballbasher once again. On the other, I want Nadal to make Olderer his turkey. Decisions, Decisions.

One thing is sure is that Rafa usually finds a way to lose before he ever faces Federer indoors or on faster surfaces. Roger is not scared to lose. He probably knows that these courts are slow and that he has been sick and that his chances against a fresh, healthy Rafa are nearly non-existent and yet he keeps on punching his time card and taking care of business. He will play Rafa and if he loses then he just moves on. That is part of the reason why Roger has a bad record against Rafa, but also why he has the respect of his fellow players and why he wins the sportsmanship award.

Vamos_Me_Rafa
03-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

BroTree123
03-15-2012, 02:16 AM
His gluten-free diet didn't last long :sobbing:.

Roamed
03-15-2012, 02:19 AM
According to Twitter he was being physically sick on Sunday and considering withdrawing... If true, :worship: Spartan Fed

MIMIC
03-15-2012, 02:23 AM
After reading your post where you tried to build a case using a theoretical scenario in which a player could win a GS title by walk-overs and retirements I only can say that you being able to turn on a computer and write using a keyboard is a fantastic achievement.

Thanks. I value your thoughts and opinions. :yeah:

What? He is sick. Are people not allowed to attribute his poor form to the fact that he has an illness? Is that a sign of tardism now, to consider the state of his health?

I'm not even sure what you're trying to get at here, your logic is so convoluted.

I'm just pointing out the egregious hypocrisy (which I'm sure everyone is already aware of).

fmolinari2005
03-15-2012, 02:24 AM
Bellucci is a great player with great weapons who can easily get a place in the top 20. Is a question of getting his mental side together, he has the tools to bother top players a lot too, as he has in Madrid last year, now getting his act together on HC too. Guy has a big game.

Either that or he is a generic baseliner that got on a roll for a couple of matches.

I actually have nothing against Bellucci. But I cannot see him as more than a regular player that can get on a roll from time to time. And with that on ocasions get his rankings higher than his usual standard- which is around 40-50 and that we all should feel very proud of.

fmolinari2005
03-15-2012, 02:29 AM

Likewise! :hug:

LisaKoh
03-15-2012, 02:29 AM

I'm just pointing out the egregious hypocrisy (which I'm sure everyone is already aware of).

What hypocrisy are you referring to? Federer is quite obviously sick, all of a sudden people are hypocritical for addressing his illness as a detriment to the quality of his play?

If you have something to say, I suggest you make it explicit because your oblique references to hypocrisy seem nonsensical at this point.

MIMIC
03-15-2012, 02:33 AM
What hypocrisy are you referring to? Federer is quite obviously sick, all of a sudden people are hypocritical for addressing his illness as a detriment to the quality of his play?

If you have something to say, I suggest you make it explicit because your oblique references to hypocrisy seem nonsensical at this point.

Federer's losses/struggles are attributed to sickness/decline/mono/Mirka's nail appointments, etc.
Nadal and Djokovic's losses/struggles are exclusively attributed to being outplayed.

Is that explicit enough?

Slice Winner
03-15-2012, 02:36 AM
It must feel pretty bad for these kids to lose to a 40% Federer who's been skipping practices and was thinking of pulling out of the tourny.

Next two rounds won't be fun. Del Po should beat him in this form, but if he gets Istomin, he'll be through to Nadal.
Just another chance for the h2h to get worse, so not a great prospect.
At least he'll have an excuse this time :lol:

Top 4 have looked pretty crap this tournament.

Johnny Groove
03-15-2012, 02:37 AM
Sickerer doing well to make at least QF here.

Really pushing to get that last week at #1 to beat Sampras.

Kat_YYZ
03-15-2012, 02:37 AM

the only thing logic and MIMIC have in common are the last two letters :p

People are sick all over the IW area; so many player withdrawals. Nothing so hard to believe about it affecting Fed as well. And when he won the second set, they showed Mirka in the stands and she was clapping and probably tried to yell "Allez" and then she had to put her hand over her mouth because she started coughing, poor thing.

VolandriFan
03-15-2012, 02:38 AM
Promising match, but then Bellucci has never been completely out of his depth against the top players anyway. I wish he'd sort his head out soon.

BigJohn
03-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Federer's losses/struggles are attributed to sickness/decline/mono/Mirka's nail appointments, etc.
Nadal and Djokovic's losses/struggles are exclusively attributed to being outplayed.

Is that explicit enough?

One fact is made explicitly clear with that post. It was merely a confirmation to begin with.

Slice Winner
03-15-2012, 02:41 AM

Is that explicit enough?

What forum have you been reading?
Nadal's struggles have been put down to getting out of a chair, having a lack of 'illusion', being tired after the SF (almost every time Federer beats him in a final this comes up), bad knees, bad foot, bad thumb, foot blisters, parents' divorce.

Nole's list is way longer, including contact lenses, and he didn't like the flowers at the Australian Open :lol: Too much pollen for the Spartan.

Slice Winner
03-15-2012, 02:42 AM

People are sick all over the IW area; so many player withdrawals. Nothing so hard to believe about it affecting Fed as well. And when he won the second set, they showed Mirka in the stands and she was clapping and probably tried to yell "Allez" and then she had to put her hand over her mouth because she started coughing, poor thing.

If you watched closely, she attempted to shout 'Ajde!' before breaking off into coughing.

LisaKoh
03-15-2012, 02:43 AM

Is that explicit enough?

First of all, nobody here has made any mention of Nadal and Djokovic and their health during their losses. It seems that you are intent on making a sweeping generalization about people who follow Federer using his illness during this tournament as an example, when there is no evidence of this "hypocrisy" you are so intent on outing.

There have been times when Nadal has lost due to injury and people have given his ailment proper attribution. Same goes for Djokovic. So if you want to accuse Federer fans of being hypocrites for doing the same, I'm afraid it's you who is being hypocritical.

MIMIC
03-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Nadal's struggles have been put down to getting out of a chair, having a lack of 'illusion', being tired after the SF (almost every time Federer beats him in a final this comes up), bad knees, bad foot, bad thumb, foot blisters, parents' divorce.

Nole's list is way longer, including contact lenses, and he didn't like the flowers at the Australian Open :lol: Too much pollen for the Spartan.

But here's the thing: I don't make those excuses. The same people who make excuses for Federer are the same hypocrites saying that Nadal and Djokovic were simply in form and out played whenever they lose (no matter what the circumstances were).

Kat_YYZ
03-15-2012, 02:44 AM
If you watched closely, she attempted to shout 'Ajde!' before breaking off into coughing.

:haha: :haha: :yeah:

Sunset of Age
03-15-2012, 02:44 AM
But here's the thing: I don't make those excuses. The same people who make excuses for Federer are the same hypocrites saying that Nadal and Djokovic were simply in form and out played.

:cuckoo: :haha:
Face the fact: you've lost the argument. :wavey:

BigJohn
03-15-2012, 02:47 AM

Wanna bet he won't face the fact?

MIMIC
03-15-2012, 02:49 AM

What argument? That Fed fans aren't massive hypocrites?

What kind of a drive-by post is this supposed to be?

Arkulari
03-15-2012, 02:49 AM
Roger is sick as a dog but no one is forcing him to play, so when he loses no one can blame the actual illness because he can WD :shrug:

He has said it himself many times: if you're fit enough to show up, you're fit enough to play and there are no excuses.

I don't think he's getting past Del Potro, Rafa and Djokovic with this form, so he should just go to Miami and rest.

BigJohn
03-15-2012, 02:50 AM
What argument?...

It's all rationalized already...

Sunset of Age
03-15-2012, 02:51 AM

:hug: Sorry that you didn't get it.

LisaKoh
03-15-2012, 02:52 AM

Observe exhibit A, an example of what is commonly known as Darth's Law of the Internet: If you have to insist that you've won an internet argument, you've probably lost badly.

juan27
03-15-2012, 02:52 AM
Sickerer doing well to make at least QF here.

Really pushing to get that last week at #1 to beat Sampras.

I don`t think that federer lose his dream by that week....

he is more interested in gs that in one week more or less.

federer is joying this good moments and he want to recover sensations winning tournaments and tested himself

MIMIC
03-15-2012, 02:53 AM
:hug: Sorry that you didn't get it.

You're right: I don't get it. My very first post in this thread was about hypocrisy so you must be talking about something else (something obviously irrelevant) to obscure this fact.

Arkulari
03-15-2012, 02:56 AM
Roger is sick as a dog but no one is forcing him to play, so when he loses no one can blame the actual illness because he can WD :shrug:

He has said it himself many times: if you're fit enough to show up, you're fit enough to play and there are no excuses.

I don't think he's getting past Del Potro, Rafa and Djokovic with this form, so he should just go to Miami and rest.

And I have to add what I have always said: excuses are insults for great champions, no matter where they come from.

MIMIC
03-15-2012, 02:57 AM
Observe exhibit A, an example of what is commonly known as Darth's Law of the Internet: If you have to insist that you've won an internet argument, you've probably lost badly.

What a shady tactic. Intentionally misrepresenting my post to declare that I'm insisting that I'm "winning" something. Could you get any lower?

LisaKoh
03-15-2012, 03:01 AM
What a shady tactic. Intentionally misrepresenting my post to declare that I'm insisting that I'm "winning" something. Could you get any lower?

I think the lowest point would be to go into a thread and accuse everybody there of being hypocrites simply for pointing out that Roger Federer is sick. But since I've already stooped so low as to get into a discussion with someone for whom logic and basic courtesy are entirely alien concepts, say hello to my ignore list.

BigJohn
03-15-2012, 03:02 AM
That would be pretty low...

FedvsNole
03-15-2012, 03:04 AM
According to Twitter he was being physically sick on Sunday and considering withdrawing... If true, :worship: Spartan Fed

He threw up after the first set with dennis kudla in his 2nd round match which is why he was gone after the first set. He got sick again after one of the sets against raonic and took that really long break after the set.

cutesteve22
03-15-2012, 03:06 AM
Roger :o

MIMIC
03-15-2012, 03:08 AM
I think the lowest point would be to go into a thread and accuse everybody there of being hypocrites simply for pointing out that Roger Federer is sick. But since I've already stooped so low as to get into a discussion with someone for whom logic and basic courtesy are entirely alien concepts, say hello to my ignore list.

Hello! :wavey: Now you can't make false statements about me or misrepresent any of my posts.

green25814
03-15-2012, 03:09 AM
Old man sickerer is taking this title

AntiTennis
03-15-2012, 03:13 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ia65i8.jpg
uhm..what a friendly handshake from Bellucchi :o

Corey Feldman
03-15-2012, 03:14 AM
who the hell does this Bellucci think he is

get back to the Sao Paulo challengers

FedvsNole
03-15-2012, 03:15 AM
Old man sickerer is taking this title

Great effort for fed to even be at the QF in his condition. It would be a bonus that he reaches the semis and faces nadal since he would at least defend his points and perhaps get nadal sick :shrug:

AntiTennis
03-15-2012, 03:17 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/b6c4zt.jpg

Another pic before the handshake..he didn't even look to Roger ! :o :(

Slice Winner
03-15-2012, 03:17 AM
Lol yea, total dick handshake from Bellucci.
Bitter much, Certainfy?

I'd be pissed too, if I lost to a guy that should really be in his bed, recovering.

martinatreue
03-15-2012, 03:18 AM
Bellucci looks like Ernie from Bert and Ernie. Seriously though... Roger's level of play was WAY HIGHER in DUBAI and, no, not just because of the surface. He was moving substantially better. It's clear to see that he was not feeling his best and yet he is winning. He could just wuss out and lose on purpose if he were terrified mentally of losing to Del Potro or Nadal, but Roger is the consummate professional and will only withdraw should things worsen.

Mystique
03-15-2012, 03:24 AM

I would understand you posting this about someone like Nadal, but Federer? Really?
Federer never uses sickness as an "excuse", in fact he is so vague about it in his press conferences. Fed is the quintessential get on with it guy, . And I dont see anyone using the sickness as an "excuse" here (what, for winning?), just that it is remarkable that he is managing to win in spite of the evident discomfort, and that is just fact.
and also, how easy is it for people to say Fed can just WD, yeah like that is what he has a history of doing whenever he doesnt feel 100%. Yes o one may be literally forcing him to play, but people need to get some perspective on something called commitment

green25814
03-15-2012, 03:24 AM
Great effort for fed to even be at the QF in his condition. It would be a bonus that he reaches the semis and faces nadal since he would at least defend his points and perhaps get nadal sick :shrug:

You must be kidding

Nadull has zero chance, this is the GOAT muthafucker

MIMIC
03-15-2012, 03:26 AM

Ummmm....

BigJohn
03-15-2012, 03:27 AM
I would understand you posting this about someone like Nadal, but Federer? Really?
Federer never uses sickness as an "excuse", in fact he is so vague about it in his press conferences. Fed is the quintessential get on with it guy, . And I dont see anyone using the sickness as an "excuse" here (what, for winning?), just that it is remarkable that he is managing to win in spite of the evident discomfort, and that is just fact.
and also, how easy is it for people to say Fed can just WD, yeah like that is what he has a history of doing whenever he doesnt feel 100%.

I just noticed that Federer has some delusional haters...

Corey Feldman
03-15-2012, 03:29 AM
It would be a bonus that he reaches the semis and faces nadal since he would at least defend his points and perhaps get nadal sick :shrug::lol:

Arkulari
03-15-2012, 03:33 AM
and also, how easy is it for people to say Fed can just WD, yeah like that is what he has a history of doing whenever he doesnt feel 100%. Yes o one may be literally forcing him to play, but people need to get some perspective on something called commitment

I'm not talking about ROGER himself using it as excuse ;) and you know there are many people who would say that "oh he lost because he's sick" and will try to diminish the opponent's win using that argument.

And even if Roger doesn't have a history of doing that why not WD? he's really really really sick and needs rest, he got points in Rotterdam and Dubai so he can afford to lose a few here :shrug: he has to think of his health first, he came, he played sick but he has to see the big picture and know that he needs to recover to play his best the rest of the year (or this will be 2008 all over again when he let that mono drag him around all season long).

dabeast
03-15-2012, 03:38 AM
Typical Fed. A pro's pro. Great spirit and attitude to the game. Learn from the master younglings :worship:

this Bellucci is somewhat of a prick. why the hell does Fed practise with this guy??

Mystique
03-15-2012, 03:38 AM
I'm not talking about ROGER himself using it as excuse ;) and you know there are many people who would say that "oh he lost because he's sick" and will try to diminish the opponent's win using that argument.

And even if Roger doesn't have a history of doing that why not WD? he's really really really sick and needs rest, he got points in Rotterdam and Dubai so he can afford to lose a few here :shrug: he has to think of his health first, he came, he played sick but he has to see the big picture and know that he needs to recover to play his best the rest of the year (or this will be 2008 all over again when he let that mono drag him around all season long).

Trust me, when it happens, it is not the Fed fans who will be using that excuse, it will be the hating trolls making instigating posts about that.
And well, I am sure Roger knows best, he knows his body and he should be okay. Knowing Federer, doubt he will withdraw unless it gets a lot worse though.

Arkulari
03-15-2012, 03:43 AM
Trust me, when it happens, it is not the Fed fans who will be using that excuse, it will be the hating trolls making instigating posts about that.
And well, I am sure Roger knows best, he knows his body and he should be okay. Knowing Federer, doubt he will withdraw unless it gets a lot worse though.

I call him "that idiot" affectionately and I know he is very stubborn :lol:

GugaF1
03-15-2012, 03:44 AM

When has this consesus been reached that Federer has a fever and that he is really ill and pushing against sickness? I didn't get the memo with the diagnost as all the health experts on MTF did.

Slice Winner
03-15-2012, 03:48 AM
When has this consesus been reached that Federer has a fever and that he is really ill and pushing against sickness? I didn't get the memo with the diagnost as all the health experts on MTF did.

Are you trolling?

Fed himself said he had a fever/virus, but he could be lying of course - he's famous for making up fake illnesses.

Oh, and he sounds like shit.
LJ0P-HUDSXk

VolandriFan
03-15-2012, 04:04 AM
Regarding the handshake, it wouldn't be the first time Thomaz has done that. Not good manners and there's no excuse, but I think it has a lot to do with the extremely high expectations he has of himself and the disappointment of losing a match like this.

magnoliaewan
03-15-2012, 04:21 AM
Are you trolling?

Fed himself said he had a fever/virus, but he could be lying of course - he's famous for making up fake illnesses.

Oh, and he sounds like shit.
LJ0P-HUDSXk

Awww...poor Rogie, he sounds awful...really congested. Hope he rests up and gets well soon.

juan27
03-15-2012, 04:31 AM
for me , it`s better than delpo win , because federer is sick and in this slow courts and with very high bounce he hasn`t chance against nadull....

federer sick and with this courts , no way against nadal.

and for other side , a victory against roger ( even sick ) will give many confidence to del potro and maybe he can defeat nadal too , in this courts delpo has many more chances than roger

bokehlicious
03-15-2012, 08:42 AM
who the hell does this Bellucci think he is

get back to the Sao Paulo challengers

This. What a prick. Go back to the challenger tour you average journeyman.

GSMnadal
03-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Good to see Federer fighting, clawing himself towards that epic SF beatdown.

Keep going Rog :yeah:

Tennis-Life
03-15-2012, 08:49 AM

Hatas?

MatchFederer
03-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Hatas?

Sure, it is a quite disrespectful, arrogant, playful and confident post! Not so classy, either.:cool:

Beat
03-15-2012, 09:06 AM
i think federer should retire and get well for miami. :shrug:

oematoema
03-15-2012, 09:35 AM
i think federer should retire and get well for miami. :shrug:

No, he should stick around and spread some germs in the dressing room. Nadal, Djokovic, Isner and Del Potro will then withdraw from Miami, and Chemicalwarfarerer can easily take it.

Bigselber
03-15-2012, 09:47 AM
One thing is sure is that Rafa usually finds a way to lose before he ever faces Federer indoors or on faster surfaces. Roger is not scared to lose. He probably knows that these courts are slow and that he has been sick and that his chances against a fresh, healthy Rafa are nearly non-existent and yet he keeps on punching his time card and taking care of business. He will play Rafa and if he loses then he just moves on. That is part of the reason why Roger has a bad record against Rafa, but also why he has the respect of his fellow players and why he wins the sportsmanship award.

So much truth

asmazif
03-15-2012, 10:20 AM
This is becoming routine for somethinghewasfed-erer

JayR
03-15-2012, 10:24 AM

:lol:

Is that explicit enough?

Wow! Thanks for clearing that up Doctor Logic...

:lol:

:haha:

samanosuke
03-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Great handshake from Bellucci anyway, practically the handshake Federer would have given him had he lost.

tard of a player who doesn't shake hands talking about handshake

samanosuke
03-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Thing which i didn't understand in today's match is why Fed used a slice so rarely . Every time when Fed played a slice Bellucci was in problems, best examples were those two squash shots, Bellucci missed next ball both times

BroTree123
03-15-2012, 12:43 PM

Rofl.

http://images.wikia.com/villains/images/1/13/Trollface-problem.png

comesbackatlast
03-15-2012, 01:02 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ia65i8.jpg
uhm..what a friendly handshake from Bellucchi :o

That was after the handshake when Federe was about to pat him on the back.

You can do anything with stills. :tape:

habibko
03-15-2012, 01:46 PM
No, he should stick around and spread some germs in the dressing room. Nadal, Djokovic, Isner and Del Potro will then withdraw from Miami, and Chemicalwarfarerer can easily take it.

:haha:

jcempire
03-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Federer easily beat young talent

Slice Winner
03-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Thing which i didn't understand in today's match is why Fed used a slice so rarely . Every time when Fed played a slice Bellucci was in problems, best examples were those two squash shots, Bellucci missed next ball both times

Yeah, let's hope he slices a bit more against Pony.

habibko
03-15-2012, 03:06 PM
the handshake pic is misleading, it was a normal handshake, you can see it here at the end of the highlights

R9GxXMV_FmQ

Crazy Girl
03-15-2012, 10:54 PM
All serve this Olderer. Hope he makes it through his next match so Nadal can double bagel him.:confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Crazy Girl
03-15-2012, 11:01 PM
If Viruserer keeps serving like that, he'll be tough to beat even if his movement is sluggish. First serves close to 130 mph at times.

aahahahahahah VIRUSERER!!! ahahahhahahahaha DHIARREARER!!! :lol::lol::lol: