IW R4: Nadal def. Dolgopolov 6-3 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

IW R4: Nadal def. Dolgopolov 6-3 6-2

sexybeast
03-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Dolgopolov reminds me of Golubev when he isnt allowed to slice, erratic and out of control with streaky periods of amazing winners and even more amazing unforced errors.

His backhand was really ***** today by Nadal, unable to return the Nadal 1st serve and unable to do anything useful with Nadals heavy topspin forehands, this slow high bouncing court wasnt helping poor Dolgo aswell. Overall Nadal is not playing good tennis but crazyman Dologopolov is too good of a matchup for Nadal to have any problems.

Now I wonder if Nalbandian is too old to hang in with Nadal on these slow courts in QF?

Sauletekis
03-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Another school by the Clay Warrior. He's been the better player so far in IW.

Vamos_Me_Rafa
03-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Vamos King Rafa!! :worship:

Voo de Mar
03-14-2012, 11:51 PM
As expected, Nadal's first three rounds were boring like heaven :yawn:

superandy88
03-14-2012, 11:52 PM
It's a shame Dolgo was injured on the left leg and couldn't move at all.

fast_clay
the match was over when nadal lulled dolgo into a trance with two consecutive 50 second time outs in the first set.... rafa has really been working on his game since australia...

nole_no1
Unfortunatelly for Dolgopolov he made way too many errors to cause any damage

Poirot123
03-14-2012, 11:53 PM
Nadal is cruising to the IW title guys. It's slower and higher bouncing than Monte Carlo out there. Book this as Nadal's 20th Masters title as Djokovic isn't 100%, Murray's taken an early bath and Federer has zero chance of beating him on this kind of surface.

Roamed
03-14-2012, 11:54 PM
33 UEs by Dolgo, average of 2 per game...

Rafa should get to the final, probably will win it.

Filo V.
03-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Rafa was decent and Dolgo was all over the place, didn't look 100%, and had no real gameplan or answers.

Not really much else to say. Rafa has yet to be tested at this event and looks to be cruising to the final.

Sunset of Age
03-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Typical Dolgo performance - very nice attempts of fabulicous play at times, but failing on whatever a big point. Jack Reader should explain to him the meaning of the words 'patience' and 'safety play'. It's apparently lost on him.
That said, it also makes up for the attraction. Better luck next time Dolgo. 4rth round, not bad at all, and losing to Rafa is never a shame. ;)

As for Rafa... difficult to judge on where he stands right now, still. He didn't have to do all that much, just wait for the opponent to implode. Still I maintain my opinion that he's the major favourite for the title here. Well done, Rafa. Keep it going. :)

ossie
03-14-2012, 11:56 PM
wow nadal axtually used his time wasting antics as a real weapon today against dolgo and it did wonders for him, he literally bored his opponent into losing the match.

MuzzahLovah
03-14-2012, 11:58 PM
It's lucky for Nadal that a) Dolgo is an idiot in terms of tennis strategy and b) Mohammed Layhani will sit and laugh as Nadal takes double the allotted time on each break point. Not even one warning for taking over 30 seconds, which he did countless times.

allpro
03-14-2012, 11:58 PM
forehand ue-fest from dolgo.

fast_clay
03-14-2012, 11:59 PM
wow nadal axtually used his time wasting antics as a real weapon today against dolgo and it did wonders for him, he literally bored his opponent into losing the match.

he has really stepped it up here at indian wells... it appears as though the atp have given him the prestigious 'green light'...

sexybeast
Baghy would atleast keep rallies long and maybe tire Nadal a little bit.

Lopez
Dolgo an UE machine. Nadal didn't need to do much.

Will probably win comfortably against Nalbandian, who's not the same player who got his wins over Nadal a few years back.

Voo de Mar
03-15-2012, 12:02 AM
It's lucky for Nadal that a) Dolgo is an idiot in terms of tennis strategy and b) Mohammed Layhani will sit and laugh as Nadal takes double the allotted time on each break point. Not even one warning for taking over 30 seconds, which he did countless times.

I agree with Federer that umpires should be more emphatic. It's professional tennis, not amateurish where one of friends can take longer break to regulate breath after a demanding rally :o

BroTree123
03-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Expected. Once Rafa wasted even more time than usual, a crushing was NID.

Naudio Spanlatine
03-15-2012, 12:22 AM
The time violation needs to be forced, i mean seriously what the hell:facepalm: :facepalm:

But anyways, not impressed really with this result it was boredom to me but Congrats on the win:)

Dolgo learn how to control your shots you drive me crazy with the ues:o:o:o:o

rocketassist
03-15-2012, 12:22 AM
From the WWW thread:

Their match last year in Miami stunk of shit.

Nadal again, just as easy.

And I was right, it was easy and it stunk of shit.

JediFed
03-15-2012, 12:23 AM
Old balls > New balls.

Nadal better get the fryer ready.

samanosuke
03-15-2012, 12:43 AM
another overrated fool who should be penalized for stepping the court

Luinir
03-15-2012, 12:52 AM
another overrated fool who should be penalized for stepping the court

yes, everyone is mug who loses to nadal since 2005. so all tennis players are mug. then, why we are watching this? :rolleyes:

Johnny Iznrr
03-15-2012, 01:21 AM
Looks like Nadal got annoyed at all the press about his time wasting and is stepping it up this tournament just to rub it in our faces. He knows no one will ever touch him for breaking countless rules, let's see how arrogant he is about it when he actually plays Federer who started the whole media frenzy.

ZaZoo)
03-15-2012, 02:16 AM
let's see how arrogant he is about it when he actually plays Federer who started the whole media frenzy.

it's gonna be helluva thanksgiving day dat one. :aparty:

hipolymer
03-15-2012, 02:49 AM
Nadal simply couldn't BUY a better draw. I guess that's the PRICE of victory Nadal must pay. Looks like Nadal has BROKEN EVEN on Dolgopolov's serve. Nadal must FEEL LIKE A MILLION DOLLARS after winning his first few rounds. Dolgopolov should have PUT HIS MONEY WHERE HIS MOUTH IS if he wanted to win it.

martinatreue
03-15-2012, 03:53 AM
Does Dolgopolov know how to construct points? He reminds me of Li Na. Both just seem to like to guy for crazy shots but not play actual tennis.

Fiberlight1
03-15-2012, 05:53 AM
http://cdn.funnycorner.net/funny-pictures/5838/This-thread.jpg

Raferminator
03-15-2012, 06:06 AM
Vamos Rafito! :bowdown: You are just ANNIHILATING these Mugs this week. Rafa is back, folks and this time he isn't pulling ANY punches! :woohoo:

Rafa, you now ONLY have two more practice matches before you run into the other Spartan Warrior, Nole 2.0. Nole looks kind of vulnerable right now. ;) This is it, champ! Time to end this rut here and now, and begin anew. :yeah:

Muger, you Better RUN! You are playing like utter crap this week. You better make your face up in your favorite disguise with your button down lips and your roller blind eyes. With your empty smile and your hungry heart, feel the bile rising from your guilty past. With your nerves in tatters when the cockleshell shatters and the hammers batter down the door. Muger, you'd better run!

Muger, you better run all day and run all night. Keep your dirty feelings deep inside. And if you're taking out Del Potro later tonight, you'd better park your butt well out of sight. Cause if Rafa catches you on the baseline trying to play with your locks, he's gonna send you back to Mirka in a cardboard box. Muger, you better RUN!

Allez
03-15-2012, 07:32 AM
So expected

BroTree123
03-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Davydenko would have done better :lol:

Rovi
03-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Vamos Rafa!He makes it look so easy.

ossie
03-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Vamos Rafa!He makes it look so easy.
yea he makes time wasting look so effortless and clean.

EliSter
03-15-2012, 10:56 AM
2 steps closer from 8-0

Start da Game
03-15-2012, 03:02 PM
it's been proved again that flashy brilliance has zero impact on nadal's game.....

Rovi
03-15-2012, 03:15 PM
yea he makes time wasting look so effortless and clean.

Wow you must be worried avout Rafa in the semi final.but that is only if he beats Federer.

djb84xi
03-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Does Dolgopolov know how to construct points? He reminds me of Li Na. Both just seem to like to guy for crazy shots but not play actual tennis.

That's the same thing I thought. To me, he appears to kinda rush things. He's so eager to do everything fast, he's not taking his time to construct points the way that he should. He's got talent, but he's gotta seriously slow down a bit and start constructing his points better, play with some controlled aggression. There's no need to over-hit the ball the way he does. He would have better results, if he learned to take his time and stop rushing through everything.

karool
03-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Nadal simply couldn't BUY a better draw. I guess that's the PRICE of victory Nadal must pay. Looks like Nadal has BROKEN EVEN on Dolgopolov's serve. Nadal must FEEL LIKE A MILLION DOLLARS after winning his first few rounds. Dolgopolov should have PUT HIS MONEY WHERE HIS MOUTH IS if he wanted to win it.

Are you kidding me? And what about Djokovic's draw? Easier.

fast_clay
03-15-2012, 11:34 PM
it is a shame that the umpires were not more harsh on nadal.....they probably should have clamped down on him when he was younger......it would have forced him to develop his game......play quicker......he would have won four or five wimbledons by now with a riskier, flatter and more attacking game....maybe the same amount of US Opens too

i agree fully mate

born_on_clay
03-16-2012, 08:10 AM
so far so good :yeah:
next victim :rocker: