Let's talk about examples of Paes mind game tricks on opponents [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Let's talk about examples of Paes mind game tricks on opponents

Riosreigned
03-14-2012, 04:14 PM
My friend is in Indian Wells, he watched Paes/Stepanek vs. Nishikori/Monaco. Kei was going up the line with Paes at net and after a miss, Paes yelled "Bring it ON!" Kei smiled I think. Then later in the match Monaco was talking to the chair ump in Spanish about something and Paes immediately said to Monaco, "I know you were talking about me." Monaco was like, Come on what are talking about? Paes really knows how to get in the heads of opponents.

Also, I remember the Bryans saying they were playing Paes years ago and he started shouting on the court "I INVENTED THE CHEST THUMP!" The Bryans were like "No dude, the Jensens did."

Then a couple of years ago he got into a tiff with Kendrick in WTT doubles when he hit Kendrick with a hard shot.

Paes is some character isn't he, these are just four examples, there must be thousands accumulated from his long and illustrious career, anybody have any more? Would love to hear them. Love this guy Paes, wonder what he's gonna try today against Rafa and Marc Lopez??

LisaKoh
03-14-2012, 05:15 PM
My friend is in Indian Wells, he watched Paes/Stepanek vs. Nishikori/Monaco. Kei was going up the line with Paes at net and after a miss, Paes yelled "Bring it ON!" Kei smiled I think. Then later in the match Monaco was talking to the chair ump in Spanish about something and Paes immediately said to Monaco, "I know you were talking about me." Monaco was like, Come on what are talking about? Paes really knows how to get in the heads of opponents.

Also, I remember the Bryans saying they were playing Paes years ago and he started shouting on the court "I INVENTED THE CHEST THUMP!" The Bryans were like "No dude, the Jensens did."

Then a couple of years ago he got into a tiff with Kendrick in WTT doubles when he hit Kendrick with a hard shot.

Paes is some character isn't he, these are just four examples, there must be thousands accumulated from his long and illustrious career, anybody have any more? Would love to hear them. Love this guy Paes, wonder what he's gonna try today against Rafa and Marc Lopez??

Paes and Monaco have a past: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edKYtI7FCRk

kaustav4
04-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Remember after the Auusie Open final in 2006 when Paes countered Bryans statement that they have started chest bumping by saying that " Twins were in dipers when me and hesh( Mahesh Bhupathi) used to do it". So all this tricks and mind games of Paes is quite normal. And I guess what type of mind games he is playing against Twins and Nestor nowadays that whenever they meet Paes emerging winners. :)

motorhead
04-05-2012, 07:21 PM
"I know you were talking about me." Monaco was like, Come on what are talking about? Paes really knows how to get in the heads of opponents.

:haha:

Time Violation
04-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Well, when you are 39 you need all the help you can get I guess :p Though others could simply ignore him, and not fall for his tricks :)

Cricketics
04-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Well there is something called Sledging. May be thats what he's good at. You can google the word "Sledging"

But don't take anything away from Paes. He's one of the best out there. Well he still is and his game speaks itself.

There are morons everywhere. And btw, you can go and check that kendrick situation, Johny Mac and team were fined in that game. So it wasn't Paes's fault.

Anyway's you can let your racquet do the talking in tennis. If you can't you shouldn't be whining about getting worked up or something like that.

Just enjoy the game. You don't want to just sit and clap every shot like the old people do in wimbledon. You want to watch some tennnis and bit of banter. The game has moved on from those things my friend

mreccentric
08-08-2012, 01:38 PM
I guess this happened a year and a half ago, in 2011, if i remember properly it happened because he used the word 'Vamos'. But not sure.

There's another similar video of Leander losing his temper. This one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3af3MQlfD28

dencod16
08-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Well there is something called Sledging. May be thats what he's good at. You can google the word "Sledging"

But don't take anything away from Paes. He's one of the best out there. Well he still is and his game speaks itself.

There are morons everywhere. And btw, you can go and check that kendrick situation, Johny Mac and team were fined in that game. So it wasn't Paes's fault.

Anyway's you can let your racquet do the talking in tennis. If you can't you shouldn't be whining about getting worked up or something like that.

Just enjoy the game. You don't want to just sit and clap every shot like the old people do in wimbledon. You want to watch some tennnis and bit of banter. The game has moved on from those things my friend

LOL, your trying to defend him because his from your country. His a dirty player and everyone know it. He will do everything to win, he should partner with Marray. the dirtiest to the most honest. Not even Bopanna and Bhupathi wants him as a partner, he can't have long standing partners.

TBkeeper
08-08-2012, 02:59 PM
I like how Paes plays and his character :shrug:

mreccentric
08-08-2012, 03:06 PM
I like how Paes plays and his character :shrug:

There's a big story about his character. He had questioned his partners commitment will they were playing together. He too has quite a big opposition from Indian players, thats why he had to step down from Davis Cup captaincy.

I'm not telling that he's bad or good, but there are some reasons behind it. His relationship with Mahesh Bhupathi is an well known fact.

kaustav4
09-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Again today VAMOS VAMOS shouting aginst Spanish duo..He was the player of the match and played awesome tennis with usual trics...You hate it or like it u just can not ignore it...:worship:

Orange Wombat
09-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Paes is an idiot...and I'm part Indian

mreccentric
09-07-2012, 02:17 AM
Again today VAMOS VAMOS shouting aginst Spanish duo..He was the player of the match and played awesome tennis with usual trics...You hate it or like it u just can not ignore it...:worship:

When did he call Vamos in the match? I didn't hear that at all:confused:

Trollin Stone
09-07-2012, 08:07 AM
^on many occasions. I clearly remember one in the 1st or 2nd game when he or Radek hit a DS and one of the Spaniards started to run to catch it, he screamed it right at that moment.

Shinoj
09-07-2012, 12:32 PM
The man is quite passionate about the Game. He is one Player who has maximised his talent Manifolds.

Pratik
09-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Before the match started, one of the commentators(I think it was Stolle, not sure) today said, "Paes loved head hunting, he loves hitting people". After Paes hit a BH long, "He mishit that shot. He meant to hit it straight at one of the twins' heads"

:lol: