One last Pimpim project, for old times sake? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

One last Pimpim project, for old times sake?

Pages : [1] 2

Kristen
10-24-2004, 10:51 AM
I was thinking about this after reading something in the JCF forum. We all want to get in contact with Joachim, so he knows he has a lot of fans / Pimsters right?

Well, I'm going to post a message on the Yahoo group (http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/jonasbjorkmanandswedes) in a couple of weeks, to ask if anyone wants me to pass on messages of support to the Swedes at the beginning of the year.

But for the moment I'll start a thread in here. I'll add more details in a week or two, do you think we should do this sort of thing throughout the year (e.g. Grand Slams, or at regular intervals?)? At least until he has something official (website) where people can show their support. What do you guys think?

Sorry.... I know I'm very vague right now! I'm just imagining it to be some sort of folder/document, which I will bind for safekeeping, etc. Here's the JCF post, by Roisin. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=848787&postcount=1)

Aleksa's Laydee
10-24-2004, 11:55 AM
:yeah: thats a bloody fab idea...you could do give him stuff from us in the Aus tournies (obv), Me the English tournies and others other tournies...:yippee: its a really good idea!!

That way he'll know about us and maybe reply to us and we can have our communications with him :D :lol:

What a good idea :woohoo: (i'm a lil excited you see :p)

Sharon
10-24-2004, 01:18 PM
thats a GREAT idea :)

also, seeing as there are so many of us in different places who go to different tourneys he plays in, we could do this quite successfully :yeah:

Kat!
10-24-2004, 01:45 PM
ohhh nice idea!! can give him a pimsters shirt too! :D

Canuck_Chick
10-24-2004, 03:09 PM
this is a wicked idea and i think Pim Pim will like it too. :D:D

Jexy
10-24-2004, 05:19 PM
LOL.. yeah, wicked idea Björkman_girl!
Cannuch_Chick, are you going to Montréal next year?

Canuck_Chick
10-24-2004, 06:50 PM
LOL.. yeah, wicked idea Björkman_girl!
Cannuch_Chick, are you going to Montréal next year?

I don't know yet. I haven't gone before, but I'm gonna try and save some money and try to convince my parents to let me go (I'm gonna be 17 at that time). If I stay away from trouble, maybe they'll let me go :)

Are you going Jexy???

Pina
10-25-2004, 02:16 AM
What a great idea.
Björkman_Girl, pass on a kiss for me, will you? ;)

Jexy
10-25-2004, 04:15 AM
I don't know yet. I haven't gone before, but I'm gonna try and save some money and try to convince my parents to let me go (I'm gonna be 17 at that time). If I stay away from trouble, maybe they'll let me go :)

Are you going Jexy???

Oh man, I'd love to, but money is of an issue as well. It's in a year, so I'll try to save up!... I really want to go, somewhere at the beginning of the tournament tho... way less people and way more players walking around. With my luck something stupid is gonna happen...... again. :p

Kristen
10-25-2004, 05:05 AM
What a great idea.
Björkman_Girl, pass on a kiss for me, will you? ;)

A PASH 'N' DASH!! lol j/k My favourite guys are too tall to even give them a kiss on the cheek if I felt the need to. Don't Hershey's make a candy called Kisses? I can give him one of those and say "Hey Joachim...this is from Pina, and make sure you get your ass to the China Open, mmmkay?"

:haha: Remind me to keep looking over my shoulder to make sure Jaslyn isn't around! :eek:

Jexy
10-25-2004, 06:22 AM
A PASH 'N' DASH!! lol j/k My favourite guys are too tall to even give them a kiss on the cheek if I felt the need to. Don't Hershey's make a candy called Kisses? I can give him one of those and say "Hey Joachim...this is from Pina, and make sure you get your ass to the China Open, mmmkay?"

:haha: Remind me to keep looking over my shoulder to make sure Jaslyn isn't around! :eek:

:haha: just kiss whatever is on your lip level, lol, nipples, arms, elbows.. whatever! :lol:

Aleksa's Laydee
10-25-2004, 10:08 AM
:haha: just kiss whatever is on your lip level, lol, nipples, arms, elbows.. whatever! :lol:

:haha:
he may gety slightly freaked out but nevermind LOL

Canuck_Chick
10-25-2004, 07:51 PM

:haha::haha: hmmm...no wonder Pim Pim was giving u weird looks ;)
u :devil: :lol:

u might have to wear stilettos to get to a good "lip level" ;)

Jexy
10-26-2004, 02:39 AM
How about knee caps? ;)

I have no idea what the weird look was for that time! prolly cause I was positively glaring.... :shrug:

Kristen
11-02-2004, 02:46 AM
Well, we're two months away from the first tournaments of 2005, so I figured we should start "brainstorming" ideas for our messages of support.
Such as:

letters
personal match reports (critique of his fashion!?)
stories
websites
photos / drawings
quotes
magazine articles
stuff you've written.

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to include a lit of websites related/dedicated to him. So, if you want to submit one, please also include a short description.

If you want to scan something and email it to me, you can. Or, if you want it more personal, you can send stuff to mt through the (snail) mail.

If you get stuck on what to write, this is sort of how I wrote to Jonas this year. It's easier than holding a guy back for 10 minutes after training ;)
INTRO
-Who you are
-What you do / Where you're from

THE PLAYER
-When/Where you first saw/heard about him?
-How did he get your attention? What made him stand out from the crowd?
-Stand out matches / head to heads etc.
-Have they influenced your opinions on tennis?

CONCLUDE
-Re-hash the above points, if you want to thank / congratulate them for something.
-Wish them all the best
-Sign off. Some people like to leave an email address.

Sharon
11-02-2004, 03:00 AM
aww this is perfect... i was just trying to think of what i should do a few days ago. :hug: :)
well since this is the first time we r doing this, we should give him something related to the 'pimsters' so he'll recognize us when we each head off to diff. tourneys throughout the year :p

Kristen
11-02-2004, 03:44 AM
Ahh you're right :yeah:
So I guess we need to define ourselves as a group, and as corny as this sounds, have something like a mission statement. And that logo/design... :scratch:

Maybe I can drag Dad to officeworks tonight (I dont drive!).... I want to check out some display folders, or how we could package this.

Kat!
11-02-2004, 07:57 AM
is the shirt still a go-ahead? if it is we should include that definitely!! :P

Jexy
11-02-2004, 11:04 AM
YAYA... we should work on the shirts. I am not a great designer... but I can give people feedback

Kristen
11-02-2004, 12:19 PM
I bought the display folder... These are the features (according to the piece of paper on the front!)
- 24 clear pockets
- Clear Window allows customising of front and inside cover...
- Made from durable, non-stick material
- Black (seriously. It says that!)

For your viewing pleasure, I have enclosed a photo of the folder :o :lol:
I was going to spend whatever it took to get a nice one, but I figured this one looked good (you should have seen the crappy ones they had!) enough, and it only cost $5 :yeah: I've got some images/ideas which I'll post in the T-shirt thread shortly ;)

So, you guys can start sending your pimpim messages as soon as you want. Either PM me, or...
E-mail bjorkmangirl@hotmail.com or let me know if you want to actually send something in the mail. Please include PIMPIM or JOACHIM in the subject line of the email or I might not notice it :)

Important info:
- Folder size = A4
- If you want to send me stuff via snail mail, it will have to be sent by Christmas for me to get it on time. As for emails, send before January 12th please :) I'll be leaving on the 13th.

I'm thinking that there should be some sort of outline to the document (damn University has corrupted my mind!) such as:
The front cover (maybe a collage of our photos with him!? and the logo... or something else?
Contents (or we could skip this, but there might be a few extra pages)
Intro to who we are
The messages/photos etc.
URL's for related material.

Maybe I've missed something?! (PS. If you want me to pass on any messages to Jonas, the same applies ;))

Jexy
11-02-2004, 02:14 PM
First of all thank you Björkman_Girl for doing this for all the Pimsters! :hug: Save me a spot in the folder please! I will write something for sure! :)

Maybe we shouldn't send you too many things to give to him cause then you'll be running at him with a giant box of stuff, and prolly trip and fall hehehe sides, I dont know if he would take a box of stuff?? :confused: maybe a small toy from all of us like this http://www.cafepress.com/i_love_sweden.5122757 anyways, it's an idea :p.

A small folder he prolly will take. I mean, he has a giant heavy bag to carry already (we went over that in another thread lol :lol: )

Also, what are the precise measurements of A4 paper? We dont use that term here. I'm guessing it's paper that's 8.5 by 11 inches??

Organizing the folder is a great idea. Shows unity! The front maybe should have our logo and the word PIMSTERS!, or at the bery least a Swedish flag instead of logo.

I want to volunteer to write introduction and conclusion, if you like. hehehe :p I think writing is something I'm good at. Since I can't contribute to logo design (only good at stick people drawings hehe). But I guess you should write the index since you'll be assembling the whole thing.

If you need any other help to organize this e-mail me at sojexy@yahoo.com or even message me on MSN. I'm one of the most organized people out there so I should be of help. I know life of a uni student is hectic!

Aleksa's Laydee
11-02-2004, 04:26 PM
Kristen...go you you rock girl :D :bowdown: hehe FAB FAB ideas!!

I was think for the front cover as not everyone has a pic with him maybe just our fav pics of him with pimsters across the middle or something like that (i have more ideas in my head) And then if people have had had pics with him they can include them in their letter?

Can i do the front cover? :angel:

Jexy! cool if you write the intro! Let us see your finished product :)

Canuck_Chick
11-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Wow Kristen!! great ideas :)...thanx soo much for doing this :hug: it must take u a long time to organize this. it's much appreciated :) if u need any help, don't hesitate to ask...i'd love to help out with whatever is needed...my e-mail is rubber_ducky95@hotmail.com or u guys can reach me over MSN...

it would be cool if the folder has a blue and yellow theme. maybe the paper our massages will be printed on could be yellow/blue...we could also have a pic of the pim pim candy somewhere....just some ideas off the top of my head....

oh, btw, the folder looks great :yeah:...good choice :)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
11-02-2004, 10:53 PM
i wonder if he likes the taste of pim pim candy... maybe someone could get hold of a box and add that to the package! (but i bet that's been done many times before) he probably gets a box of pim pims at every tournament! i can just imagine his closets, filled with pim pims... he should be sponsored by them, that way he'd have his name on all his clothes!

Sharon
11-02-2004, 10:53 PM
nice folder :yeah:
i like the ideas so far and got no prob with u guys doin intro/concluseion and cover...
but can u maybe save an extra page for me cuz i love drawing stuff and i wanna draw him a comic pic thing along with my letter?? :)
o yeah and if ya need help kristen my emails tennisgirl12345@yahoo.com (how original :rolleyes: :lol: ) thank u so much for puttin this all together :hug:

Jexy
11-03-2004, 01:15 AM
we all co-operate so well.. it's kinda scary! :scared:
hehehe

btw: did anyone like this bear?
http://www.cafepress.com/i_love_sweden.5122757

jmgsdoubsprtnr
11-03-2004, 03:08 AM
hehehe

yes, i wish i had one!

Toppu
11-03-2004, 03:41 AM
the front cover should be pix of us (alone) along with Pimster logo and best shots of PimPim as we have yet to meet him in person, so that he could recognise our faces.

Jexy
11-03-2004, 04:01 AM
the front cover should be pix of us (alone) along with Pimster logo and best shots of PimPim as we have yet to meet him in person, so that he could recognise our faces.

hmm.. I still think logo Toppu because well
1. Not all of us want their face recognized by pimpim :rolleyes: hehehe
2. It would be hard for him to remember everyone's face, soon enough we'll just become a blend or a blur. However, if the logo was on the cover, and on our T-shirts too, when he sees the t-shirts in the crowds his brain would immediately make an association to the binder and he *should* think
"ahh.. that's a pimster!" :lol:

So ya, that's my reasons for favouring logo, however it's up to Siobhan to decide what she wants to do :) since she's in charge of cover hehe or maybe we should put this up to a vote? :confused:
1. logo
2. our pix
3. pimpim pix
4. combination
5. let Siobhan's imagination run wild on this one hehehe :hug:

Anyways that's the suggestion. Let me know what you guys think... to vote or not to vote?

jmgsdoubsprtnr
11-03-2004, 04:13 AM
especially if the shirts end up saying pimsters on them!! :rolleyes: i hope he'd make an association there... unless he can't read English. which i'm sure he can.

Kristen
11-03-2004, 04:33 AM
Nice work guys! This is what I call teamwork ;)

The folder will still have about 42 pages left for messages, etc, once the intro, index, afterword and title page are done. So there should be plenty of room for everyone to say/show what they want:) (Yeah I think photos with pimpim would prob go best in the messages to him, I guess :))

JEXY- Measurements are about 29cm by 21cm.... so yeah, 8.5 by 11 inches. The paper you have in your printer :) I think that'd be good for you to do the intro + concl. since you have the uni knowledge on how to do these things. If Joachim was a tree or animal, I would be competent (regarding my degree! lol) I'm sure the others will give you ideas for additional stuff to be added if necessary :yeah:
----------------------------------------
BJORKFISH- Hey, I've seen your collage work when you sent me the Jurgen collage! :drool: Good stuff:)
-----------------------------------------
CANUCK CHICK- I have a massive supply of coloured paper here. LOL! I'll take pictures of the colours and will add it as an attachment to this message shortly:) It would be nice for the pimpim candy to make some sort of appearance :lol: LMAO!! I just saw the comic strip in your msn profile :lol:
------------------------------------------
SHARON- There will probably be enough space for people to have at least 2 pages dedicated to him... Bring on the comic :D

I'll eventually add a link to this page in my signature, so that people who don't visit this forum, can send pimpim some support if they want to. (I love Avril Lavigne's new song! Nice work Canada!)

Jexy
11-03-2004, 05:25 AM
Wow Kristen!! great ideas :)...thanx soo much for doing this :hug: it must take u a long time to organize this. it's much appreciated :) if u need any help, don't hesitate to ask...i'd love to help out with whatever is needed...my e-mail is rubber_ducky95@hotmail.com or u guys can reach me over MSN...

I was thinking, how about you do the URL list? I think you'd be great for it since you dont have a personal pimpim website ( uhm...yet..lol :lol: ) unlike most of us by now hehe, so you'd be perfect since you're impartial to it right now. :wavey:

I'm not sure how that should be done but lets say list MTF pimpim thread, since this is where pimsters were born. And then maybe a list of all the pimpim websites and yahoo groups that we have created, so that he can see all our effort? :) Maybe add descriptions??? Up to you really. All our sites are in our signatures so it will be easy to find. :p

How about it?

Everyone else, no worries... jobs will be found for you too hehehe.

Kristen, ya I'll write it once I'm done with crazy school stuff, no worries! And I will post it up here too :).

BTW: you're welcome for Avril Lavigne! :angel: LOL

jmgsdoubsprtnr
11-03-2004, 05:48 AM
It would be nice for the pimpim candy to make some sort of appearance :lol: LMAO!! I just saw the comic strip in your msn profile :lol:
how do i view an MSN profile?

Kristen
11-03-2004, 05:58 AM
jmg... If you have the person on your msn list, just right click on their name, and on the list of options that comes up, it's near to the bottom. Well, if you have version 6.2 it is :)

I've posted info on the project here:
http://ar.groups.yahoo.com/group/Johansson
http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/JoachimJohanssonsGroup
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/joachimjohansson/
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/jonasbjorkmanandswedes/
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Beyond_The_Top_Ten

Spread the word! ;)
I've been directing people to this page:
http://swedishtennis.proboards25.com/index.cgi?board=mail&action=display&num=1099464972
Where it basically sums up what's gonna happen, regarding the folder...

Aleksa's Laydee
11-03-2004, 09:19 AM

Maybe if we wanted him to see our picture we could include it in the page we are going to have for ourselves...like the page with the message on as not everyone may want pim pim to know who they are?!

hehehe

:haha: fab isnt it :D

Aleksa's Laydee
11-03-2004, 09:21 AM
However, if the logo was on the cover, and on our T-shirts too, when he sees the t-shirts in the crowds his brain would immediately make an association to the binder and he *should* think
"ahh.. that's a pimster!" :lol:

I like that...well i'm going to start designing a few, then we can put that to a vote maybe so we are all part of everything in the book (except for other peoples messages?!) :yeah: :)

Aleksa's Laydee
11-03-2004, 09:23 AM
I'm not sure how that should be done but lets say list MTF pimpim thread, since this is where pimsters were born. And then maybe a list of all the pimpim websites and yahoo groups that we have created, so that he can see all our effort? :) Maybe add descriptions??? Up to you really. All our sites are in our signatures so it will be easy to find. :p

How about it?

Yeah thats good, maybe include that in our message?
Well i say message but its really a page writing what we want to pim pim so it doesnt have to be in a specific message format!

Pina
11-03-2004, 01:44 PM
wow I like this whole contact with Joachim thing.
What can I do for it?

BTW, what does pimpim the candy taste like?

jmgsdoubsprtnr
11-03-2004, 02:22 PM
i think it's cherry flavored, but i'm not sure.

Jexy
11-03-2004, 07:50 PM
hmm... Pina. If you really want to do something how about you make a map of the world? (or print one) and you can make like a thumb tack or some sort of marking for all the places Pimsters are from? :confused:

That way it would be a visual pic of how international we are! :cool:

Canuck_Chick
11-03-2004, 08:14 PM
I was thinking, how about you do the URL list? I think you'd be great for it since you dont have a personal pimpim website ( uhm...yet..lol :lol: ) unlike most of us by now hehe, so you'd be perfect since you're impartial to it right now. :wavey:

How about it?
aye, aye captain :)!!
i'm gonna get started on the project this weekend
I've posted info on the project here:
http://ar.groups.yahoo.com/group/Johansson
http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/JoachimJohanssonsGroup
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/joachimjohansson/
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/grou...rkmanandswedes/
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Beyond_The_Top_Ten

thanx for those links. i'll also look for other websites, besides the ones above and i'll add them to the list when i do the descriptions...
CANUCK CHICK- I have a massive supply of coloured paper here. LOL! I'll take pictures of the colours and will add it as an attachment to this message shortly :) It would be nice for the pimpim candy to make some sort of appearance :lol: LMAO!! I just saw the comic strip in your msn profile :lol:
ahhh....yes that comic strip was done by my friend and it shows my love for hockey players ;) :lol:
btw....i love the the colour paper :yeah:

Sharon
11-03-2004, 09:51 PM
hmm i was wondering since just about everyone here has a job on this project... what should i do ??? :confused: love to help out :)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
11-03-2004, 10:19 PM
we are so awesome!! pim pim's gonna have (well, already has) the best group of fans ever!!! you guys are the best.

Aleksa's Laydee
11-04-2004, 09:29 AM
hmm i was wondering since just about everyone here has a job on this project... what should i do ??? :confused: love to help out :)

umm lets see...how about a contents page when kristen has everyones stuff? That needs to be done otherwise pim pim will not know what all the pieces of paper we are sending him are :)

Kristen
11-04-2004, 09:47 AM
BTW... are we definitely doing blue-yellow-blue alternate coloured pages? Because if we are, I'll go out and buy the paper next week.

Also, I'm thinking (and this might make sense to people) that if people want to put in their pics with pimpim/of themselves, they should prob email it separately, and I'll print it out on some plain white paper, and then find some snazzy way to put it either:
a) onto each persons individual message
b) in some sort of gallery at the back?

Also: If people want their pics with pimpim/of themselves in the folder, would you be able to send it to me, preferably by the end of november? I'll have to go to uni to print out a decent copy of the photos, and I don't know how often they're open ovr the Christmas/new year time :-/

Aleksa's Laydee
11-04-2004, 10:49 AM
blue and yellow paper would be so cool :D

Kristen
11-04-2004, 11:00 AM
I think that we need to think of anything else that might be done.
For those of you that want something to do... maybe you can help us think of ideas to make this thing more creative. I mean, things like, adding onto this list of ideas for what we can do with our messages.
Such as:
letters
personal match reports
stories
websites
photos/drawings
quotes
magazine articles
stuff you've written

e.g. stuff about us... because it's gonna have a lot to do with us, not just pimpim. These are messages to give him confidence if he feels down, basically. Anyway, I'll say no more! lol

Kat!
11-04-2004, 01:39 PM
hey kristen... thanks for organising this!! and everyone who volunteered! sounds great so far...

am trying to think of something to do btw... unless .... we can have a pimsters homepage!!?!? where we can advertise the project, put up the news as what we're doing, where we come from.... that sort of thing? i don't know... i just like making webpages lol...

hmm anyway... kristen are you planning to give it to pimpim in Aus Open? so can i just give the A4 page to you beforehand... so you can just stick it in....?!?! i'll prob include a photo w/ pimpim.... i guess if there is going to be a separate section for fan photos or something then i can send it to you beforehand...? let me know what to do! ^^

Kristen
11-04-2004, 01:57 PM
lol kat, don't worry... you get special treatment. I think it's a certainty that I'll see you prior to, and possibly the moment when, Joachim gets the folder :lol:

Pimsters site would be cool :yeah:

Still not sure what is happening with the photos :scratch:
I guess it depends on how much people have to say to him...I wouldnt be able to fill more than half a page :lol: If it was Jonas or Alexander Popp, I'd be writing essays!

I guess what we really need to do now, is to get organised, define roles and when we need to have certain things completed. I want to have printed off the photos by December 15.....After that, I'm gonna be busy with work / organising myself. (If I don't make sense, it's 2am. I'll speak proper English in the morning / tomorrow arvo :retard:

Sommarsverige
11-04-2004, 02:40 PM
I also want to write something about it, but unfortunately I have
not followed the whole discussion. The topics I read about it seemed
interesting, but I will read through everything over the week-end and that also put my opinion about it here ;)

Jexy
11-04-2004, 02:58 PM
dang it you guys :lol: now I feel like a have to take a picture of myself that's half-decent!!... oy...

I'm thinking we're different from other threats because we have a sense of community, all being pimsters :p and all, so we have some loyalty to the group, even sometimes higher then to pimpim! [ie. group effort to rob him and run..:lol:] Whatever it is, I'm glad we are all so well meshed :p

Jexy
11-04-2004, 03:04 PM
idea: maybe someone wanna do a "pimpster quote" page? where each pimster gets quoted for something good they said about Joachim?

part of the assignment is to ask each person if a particular quote can be quoted lol. You can do that in a separate thread or through MTF personal messaging (click on person's name, it will say where to go).

something like:
Jexy said:
blah blah blah... pimpim :eek:
Pina said:
no way! PIMPIM!

you guys get the idea... :D

{btw: request: plz do not mention my glaring incident... uhm... thanx ;) }

Aleksa's Laydee
11-04-2004, 05:07 PM
My Quote...

Pimpino :haha:

Canuck_Chick
11-04-2004, 08:14 PM
My Quote...

:haha: that's one of my favs ;) :lol:

Sharon
11-04-2004, 10:02 PM
My Quote...

:lol: that one still stands out in my mind :D

Sharon
11-04-2004, 10:04 PM
umm lets see...how about a contents page when kristen has everyones stuff? That needs to be done otherwise pim pim will not know what all the pieces of paper we are sending him are :)

hmm i could work on that once everythings in :) its a nice idea, never thought about it :p

Kristen
11-04-2004, 10:58 PM
Hey guys :wavey:
I just went through the thread, and have jotted down everything that's left to do / the roles already handed out, so that people wont have to go through the 60-odd posts here:

Cover - Bjorkfish
Intro to who we are - Jexy
URLS for related material + descriptions - Canuck Chick
Quote page - ?
Pimsters Homepage - ? (Is this a go-ahead?)
Logo - All of us... I guess. November 16th deadline is approaching!
Decide on colour scheme (paper). I need input! left pages will be light blue...right pages will be light yellow?
Decide where the photo's are going.

For anyone who is worried they don't have something to do, simply writing a message to him is a huge contribution in itself. I'd like to try to get the majority of this done by the first week of December. I'm also thinking of burning the whole thing onto a CD? It could be a collection of fans favourite photos of him/with him / of themselves, and everything in the folder. I just handed in my final document at uni, so it's all about tennis (and work!) now!
PS. Dad borrowed some blue and yellow paper for me from the Aussie Defence Force :lol: :yeah:

Aleksa's Laydee
11-05-2004, 08:40 AM
PS. Dad borrowed some blue and yellow paper for me from the Aussie Defence Force :lol: :yeah:

nice one dad :lol:

Pina
11-05-2004, 10:22 AM
"pimpster quote" is a good idea Jexy! Then Pimpim will have chance to know how funny,insightful....well...crazy pimsters are. Maybe he will laugh his cute ass off or totally freak out. :scared:

Maybe we can add some fasion tips too? and attach a pair of scissors with it?

Pina
11-05-2004, 10:29 AM
hmm... Pina. If you really want to do something how about you make a map of the world? (or print one) and you can make like a thumb tack or some sort of marking for all the places Pimsters are from? :confused:

That way it would be a visual pic of how international we are! :cool:

yea it's a easy task for me; I'm always good at geography. But how can I mail this to you? the thumb tack will fall off and all you get is a map with some holes on it.
oh one more thing---I bet there are more pimpim fans in the darkness; they don't know this forum so they never show up. So we have no idea of how international pimpim fans actually are. Just for safe, maybe we'd better put a UN flag too.

Kristen
11-05-2004, 11:33 AM
Hey Pina :wavey:
I got the impression it would be a map, like... a picture on a computer, with little coloured markers on it to show where we're from. So it'd be a single sheet of paper? I could have misinterpreted it though... lol I'm gonna head to go-tennis.com to let the pimpim fans there know about this. Plus, I'm hoping people in the GM section might see my signature :)

Jexy
11-05-2004, 01:26 PM
LOL pina :lol: Yeah, I was thinking th "quote page" would be good as a quick source of support to pimpim before a match. So he can read it quickly and see all the supportive things we've got to say about him lol,... even pimpino :haha:

About the map, I didn't mean an actual one cause it wouldn't fit in the folder :lol: and they tacks would fall off lol. I'll show you what I mean. I have something like that attached to my site so you can get the idea;
JEXY'S GUESTMAP (http://pub49.bravenet.com/guestmap/show.php?usernum=4173672583&password=&icons=1&movetox=0&movetoy=0)

See the picture of a map below.. you can use that one if you like.

Pina
11-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Thanks.
Silly me.... :p

BTW,the map is cute!

Aleksa's Laydee
11-05-2004, 09:38 PM

:haha: :haha:

Sharon
11-05-2004, 09:46 PM
"pimpster quote" is a good idea Jexy! Then Pimpim will have chance to know how funny,insightful....well...crazy pimsters are. Maybe he will laugh his cute ass off or totally freak out. :scared:

:haha: :haha: scissors... we could write something like bring back the olympics outfit and cut off some of that hair :p

Canuck_Chick
11-05-2004, 09:50 PM
:haha: :haha: scissors... we could write something like bring back the olympics outfit and cut off some of that hair :p

but get someone else to cut the hair ;) ...cutting your own hair could result in a disaster. and, yes, i speak from experience :o :p

Aleksa's Laydee
11-05-2004, 09:52 PM

from everyone except siobhan :angel:

Jexy
11-05-2004, 10:25 PM
I can cut hair :rolleyes: that is if pimpim is going for a patchy look, as several areas of the head will prolly be cut out bald hehe.

[did that once to mom, she never asked for a hair cut again,..]

Aleksa's Laydee
11-06-2004, 08:20 AM
I can cut hair :rolleyes: that is if pimpim is going for a patchy look, as several areas of the head will prolly be cut out bald hehe.

[did that once to mom, she never asked for a hair cut again,..]

oh....no!! :haha:

Canuck_Chick
11-06-2004, 03:14 PM
:haha: poor mom...she must have worn a lot of hats...:p

Jexy
11-06-2004, 03:26 PM
LOL.. I basically ended up cutting out all the hair around her left ear but nor right... and when I say cutting out I mean really! cutting out. :p

So she looked really weird and was kinda pissed of actually.. hehehehe

Kristen
11-07-2004, 11:46 AM
*bump* - I updated part of it. Let me know if this is incorrect in any way, or if I missed something ;)

Hey guys :wavey:
Everything that's left to do / the roles already handed out:

Cover - Bjorkfish
Map with Pimster Locations - Pina
Quote page - ?
Logo - All of us... I guess. November 16th deadline is approaching!

For anyone who is worried they don't have something to do, simply writing a message to him is a huge contribution in itself.
I'd like to try to get the majority of this done by the first week of December.
I'm also thinking of burning the whole thing onto a CD? A collection of fans favourite photos of him/with him/of themselves, and everything in the folder.

Jexy
11-07-2004, 05:23 PM
CD is a great idea, very interactive lol. So is the whole folder gonna be on it?
Also, a friend of mine, who helps with my pimpim website wants to write to him too lol, plz save a spot for her lol. :p

Kristen
11-08-2004, 02:36 AM
Yeah, everything will go onto the cd. Maybe even more *see last post by me* since a CD can hold so much information. I can see it now, I'm gonna have to go and buy a different, bigger folder :lol:

EDIT: This will happen if I have enough time/notice to do it all of course, and if the deadlines are met ;) Gosh 'm turning into a pushy b!tch :D but it's for a good cause :angel:

margaret_gn
11-08-2004, 06:29 AM
Hi Kristen, where do we vote for the logo? and how should I send you my message for PimPim? by mail or e-mail?

By the way (for others) I'm also doing the message in a folder for Thomas Johansson, so any ToJo fans out there...have a look at the thread about it. Thanks!

Kristen
11-08-2004, 06:33 AM
Hey Margaret :wavey:
Still waiting on other people to send in other potential logo's, but the current ones are in the "t-shirt" thread. There's no actual poll just yet :)

Umm regarding your message... whichever way you like. If you want it to be a handwritten, more personalised message you can send it via snail-mail. If you want to email it, that's fine too ^_^

Pina
11-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Hey how about point out where pimsters are from on this map?
http://www.yadoor.com/userdata/photo/2004/0309/200403090003658.jpg

Take it easy, I'm just kidding. ;)

Kristen
11-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Pina, that is one AWESOME map!!!!
Thank goodness it's a cow, and not a bull... kat and I are near the udder... but if it was a bull... :eek:

Pina
11-08-2004, 11:22 AM
Pina, that is one AWESOME map!!!!
Thank goodness it's a cow, and not a bull... kat and I are near the udder... but if it was a bull... :eek:

:haha::haha::haha:

Aleksa's Laydee
11-08-2004, 11:53 AM
omgosh that is an AMAZING MAP!!!! :haha: :yeah: :haha:

Jexy
11-08-2004, 02:52 PM
LOL :haha: Pina! Use it Use it!!!

Kat and Kristen can be Uhm... guarding milk lol.

Canuck_Chick
11-08-2004, 07:44 PM
:haha::haha::haha: i like this map!!
canada is safely tucked away at the top :)

Kat!
11-09-2004, 07:54 AM
*dies laughing* that IS GOOD!! you have to use it lollll

Pina
11-12-2004, 01:39 AM
Hey guys, this is the map I use..sorry.how about the color?
Please help me check if I missed any country. :rolleyes: I need to paint some more countries to make Pimpim believe that Pimsters are going to rule the world. :angel:

Kristen
11-13-2004, 05:29 AM
I like the look of it Pina! :yeah:
Now all we need is a Russian pimpim fan, and we'll have fans from the biggest nations :woohoo: World domination is just around the corner for us :lol:

PS. 3 days (Aussie time) til the logo's are up for nomination...

Don't forget guys, if you want your photo printed, I'm gonna need it before the second week in December, because i have a crappy black ink cartridge, and I'll have to find somewhere that printsstuff for a reasonable price.

PPS. A massive thankyou to Margaret for sending the pimpim message :worship:
Lookin' very Swedish ;)

Sharon
11-13-2004, 05:25 PM
I like the look of it Pina! :yeah:
Now all we need is a Russian pimpim fan, and we'll have fans from the biggest nations :woohoo: World domination is just around the corner for us :lol:

PS. 3 days (Aussie time) til the logo's are up for nomination...

Don't forget guys, if you want your photo printed, I'm gonna need it before the second week in December, because i have a crappy black ink cartridge, and I'll have to find somewhere that printsstuff for a reasonable price.

PPS. A massive thankyou to Margaret for sending the pimpim message :worship:
Lookin' very Swedish ;)

i actaulyl think theres a russian pimpim fan around here... i think shes posted once or twice but i think theres one looming :P

Pina
11-14-2004, 07:57 AM
So I CAN paint Russia, right? :banana:
Now we need Pimpim fans from Brazil, India....
I once saw an Italian fan posted here, but I'm not sure.:scratch:

Kristen
11-14-2004, 09:00 AM
We also have fans from:
Venezuela(Sol) - Israel(Yoav) - Thailand(Toppu)

I made an excel spreadsheet, because i kept forgetting everyones names / where you're all from :o

Sharon
11-14-2004, 02:52 PM
:lol: thats a good idea... i'd be too lazy to even think of a spreadsheet :p

Aleksa's Laydee
11-14-2004, 04:32 PM
what a variety we all are!!

Alisa
11-14-2004, 06:10 PM
hey) russia fan is already here) paint russia surely!!)

Sommarsverige
11-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Finally I managed to read through this whole thread and
I must say you guys are so creative with everything and all
the ideas are just great!

I really want to take part in this project, but I don´t know how much
I can create because the next weeks will be quite busy.
But I think it will be no problem if some create 2 or 3 sites and others only one, or??? BG, I will definitely send you a photo of me and will try to write something for Pim Pim. It would be okay if I do it in Swedish, or?
What is the last date for the letters and photos?? Because there was one date 16th november and I think I will unfortunately not manage this...
If there is anything you others want to write for Pim Pim in Swedish, I can translate it.

And the thing about the Pim Pim candy...Where do we get it from? As I wrote during the Madrid week, it exists also Pim´s cookies! They are great, but I don´t know where you can buy them apart from Spain!

Regarding the front page: it could be an idea to make the front page as a Swedish flag in blue and with a yellow cross. I did a photo album for Gusten when he finished his career and he liked it so much with the Swedish flag, and then we can do the Pimsters logo and pics of us there as well.

Another idea is that we Pimsters maybe should create a mascot for Pim Pim!
I would suggest a moose (this is maybe because I just love mooses), because this has to do with Sweden.

I have Swedish tennis magazines from aroung year 1993, I will also look through them all in the next weeks and see if there is maybe a childhood pic from Pim Pim or at least a photo when he was younger, so we could take it to the photo section as well.

By the way, I am from Germany, so you can mark Germany on the map as well. It´s not that big country, but it will make even more Pimsters in Europe!

Well, if there´s something else I can do for this great idea, please let me know!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
11-15-2004, 12:01 AM
aww, summar, i love your new avatar!

Kristen
11-15-2004, 12:09 AM
Hey Birte :wavey:

With the photos, basically, the sooner you can get them to me, the better it is. I'd like to set the deadline for photos as December 15, but emails can be sent to me up until new years. I could accept them until The first week of January if some people are running late, but I don't want to take the chance that my printers ink cartridge might run out, and I wouldn't have time to buy a new one :lol: (I've got only 2 days off before I see Joachim. January 6 and 7!)

Sure, it's no problem if you write it in Swedish :) I think he'd really like that.
A Pimsters mascot would be awesome, I dunno if it would ever get created though :lol: it might take a while, unless you have some ideas ;) Moose are cool! I've never seen one :eek:

So, just to reiterate (I love that word ;))...
The deadlines are:
Photos: December 15 (I might need to find a place where I can print these, with high quality)
Emails / Letters etc: December 31

Pina
11-15-2004, 12:47 PM
OK,I marked some more countries and added a "Pimpim" texture on the map. ;)

BTW,can't wait to see some baby Pimpim photos. :angel:

Kristen
11-16-2004, 05:49 AM
*bump* - another update!
Cover - Bjorkfish
Quote page - ?
Logo - Deadline is here!

For anyone who is worried they don't have something to do, simply writing a message to him is a huge contribution in itself.
I'd like to have the majority of this done by the first week of December.
(The map looks awesome Pina!)

Pina
11-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Thanks Björkman_Girl!
If there's no more country to paint, I'll send you a much larger version of that map.

Jexy
11-19-2004, 01:03 AM
Pina, excellent job on the map! Love it hehe.
AND since I'm Canadian, a definate go on the Moose!... it's one of our main animals too, so cute!

Kristen
11-25-2004, 06:45 AM
Hi Pina!
Just wanted to say thanks for the map, I got it in my hotmail account today, it looks fantastic! :woohoo:

Pina
11-26-2004, 11:04 AM
Thank YOU Björkman_Girl ;)

Kristen
11-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Update:

The deadlines are:
Photos: December 15 (I might need to find a place where I can print these, with high quality)

If you need more time, PM me to let me know. Preferably sooner rather than later. I'm assuming everyone is going to take the same approach I take to my uni assignments, and leave the writing until the very last minute?

Send your emails / photos to bjorkmangirl@hotmail.com

:wavey:

Aleksa's Laydee
11-29-2004, 03:44 PM
i've got 3/4 typed up...just havent done that last bit :o :rolleyes:

Canuck_Chick
11-29-2004, 08:46 PM
almost done...u can expect my stuff by this weekend :)

Sharon
11-29-2004, 10:13 PM
haha i can get it to you this weekend or next... depends on how much work im gonna get from school :p

Jexy
11-29-2004, 10:51 PM
LOL same! need to finish my exams this and next week, and then I'll be free to compose my masterpieces (lets hope!).

Kristen
11-30-2004, 04:27 AM
hehe good stuff, thanks guys!
I just thought I'd come in here and kick everyone's butt a little, to motivate them to write :p lol! I know I needed motivation to get it done :rolleyes:

OMG It is sooo hot here today :fiery:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
11-30-2004, 05:11 AM
hot where? here it's cold and we had snow already (for thanksgiving) but now it all melted, and it's been cold and rainy :rain:

Kristen
11-30-2004, 05:26 AM
Hot in Sydney.
42 degrees Celsius / 108 Farenheit. It's good practice for handling the heat when the tennis tournaments come around!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
11-30-2004, 05:44 AM
:eek: 108??? it barely gets that hot here EVER!! well, maybe if you include the heat index... well, don't die of heat exhaustion!!!

Toppu
11-30-2004, 07:37 AM
OK,I marked some more countries and added a "Pimpim" texture on the map. ;)

BTW,can't wait to see some baby Pimpim photos. :angel:

:angel: wow thanx for that Pina .. but I'm afraid you missed some part of my country, i mean the southern part near Malaysia.

Pina
11-30-2004, 09:55 AM
:angel: wow thanx for that Pina .. but I'm afraid you missed some part of my country, i mean the southern part near Malaysia.

Oh I'm so sorry. I'll make it up for you and send a new map to Björkman_Girl!

Sharon
11-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Hot in Sydney.
42 degrees Celsius / 108 Farenheit. It's good practice for handling the heat when the tennis tournaments come around!

:eek: its like 42 fahrenheit here :rolleyes: and it already snowed the day before thanksgiving... agh its gonna be like 40 somethin here for the next few months... joy :rolleyes:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
11-30-2004, 10:06 PM
where are you in the US sharon? sounds like the weather you're having is similar to the weather we're having here in Chicago!

Sharon
11-30-2004, 10:55 PM
:lol: i live like 50 minutes away from chicago :p

Kristen
12-08-2004, 01:33 AM
Update:

The deadlines are:

Send your emails / photos to bjorkmangirl@hotmail.com
Change of plan.
Please send any material for the pimpim folder, to kse_5@yahoo.com.au.
If you send stuff to the bjorkmangirl address, I'll still get it, but I check the kse_5 account every day; and your messages wont be sent to the 'junk' email section.

Kristen
12-14-2004, 02:14 AM
Update:

The deadlines are:
Photos: Tomorrow (I might need to find a place where I can print these, with high quality)

Send your emails / photos to kse_5@yahoo.com.au
If you send stuff to the bjorkmangirl@hotmail.com address, I'll still get it, but I check the kse_5 account every day; and your messages wont be sent to the 'junk' email section.
I just want to confirm with you guys that so far I have received:
Ally - Letter + URL's list (great job btw!)
Margaret - Letter
Pina - Map

If someone has sent me anything else, then I haven't received it, so please send again ;) Thanks guys! :wavey:

star
12-14-2004, 03:27 AM
:eek: 108??? it barely gets that hot here EVER!! well, maybe if you include the heat index... well, don't die of heat exhaustion!!!

We nearly always get to be 110 in the summer time except a really cool summer. Usually it gets hotter than 110. I love hot weather but 110 is a little too hot for me. anything up to 104 is ok with me. :)

Kristen
12-18-2004, 01:06 AM
*bump* - another update! Things that have been done are in blue. Things yet to be done, are red.
Cover - Bjorkfish
Map - Pina
Quote page - ?
Logo

I'd like to have the majority of this done by the first week of December.

**I figure that, since I only received 2 photos. Well, mine, and Siobhans, they might as well be put with each persons letter?
**As for the Pimsters homepage, I guess this is it here, or the sojexy site, yeah?
**:lol: at me wanting to have most of this folder done by the first week of December! I'm leaving for Adelaide in 2 weeks, which means I want to have this done, preferably before the time I leave. A couple of you have pm'd me and said you might be a little late, and that's understandable. For the remainder, please let me know if you aren't able to write something. I'll go and get a smaller folder so it doesn't look so dodgy! :o :lol:

Sharon
12-18-2004, 03:18 AM
ah sorry kristen... was still very busy with school :o
well now im off for 2 weeks so i will be able to get it in on time... no worries :)

Aleksa's Laydee
12-18-2004, 11:54 AM
i have half of it done... :angel:

Jexy
12-18-2004, 04:03 PM
lol same... anthro exams were on my mind up till now!

Kat!
12-19-2004, 03:18 AM
**As for the Pimsters homepage, I guess this is it here, or the sojexy site, yeah?

hey kristen I can still do that ... if anyone wants it... it'll probably contain info like:

- who are "Pimsters"
- details of all of us
- the tournaments pimsters are going to?
- links to here & sojexy site?

any other ideas...?

Kristen
12-20-2004, 12:15 PM
No worries guys. The 2 photos + map will be in colour.
The emails (+everything else)will be printed in black ink. I do however have coloured paper, and an envelope as a back up ;)

That sounds great kat, if you get bored and other people are keen on it too (I think it sounds like a nice idea :)) I don't really have any ideas, I haven't slept much lately and I have a lot on my mind.I'm just going to PM all the pimpim fans I think, to re-iterate this message.
DEADLINE: December 31st, if you have some time to spare to write Joachim a letter. (See letter guide below)

If you have work commitments or something(I'll pm the 2 of you that already pm'd me ;)), let me know so I can be less stressed about this (you guys should see my schedule for January. I have about one week in Sydney. At the end of the month :rolleyes: ) This is why I'm being so pedantic about getting it done as soon as possible. OMFG after writing this I will probably be the renegade pimster :rolleyes: which is not what I'm aiming for. I'm just stressed about a lot of things right now, and there are 10 days until I am flat-out for almost a month :-/

letters - personal match reports - photos / drawings - quotes - stuff you've written.

The Guide - INTRO
-Who you are / What you do / Where you're from
THE PLAYER-When/Where you first saw/heard about him?
CONCLUDE
-Re-hash the above points, if you want to thank / congratulate them for something.
-Wish them all the best
-Sign off. Some people like to leave an email address.I know I'm nagging, but I have to; so I won't worry about this so much :p
The PM will go out in about 12 hours after I've had a good rest :zzz: Thanks for putting up with me guys. :wavey:

Iza
12-20-2004, 07:21 PM
i wanna be a Pimster too! What do I gotta do :) ?

Pina
12-21-2004, 01:46 AM
Did I ever say thank you kristen? The whole contact with Joachim thing is great.:hug:
:mad: just found out that I made a mistake in saving the map as JEPG format! So the quality of that map isn't very good. :mad: :mad: do you print it out? How does it look?

BTW,do you guys think that Pim Pim needs an official website?

Jexy
12-21-2004, 02:18 AM
Iza, you just are if you wanna be... so if you wanna be a pimster.. heck, then you're one :P

Ashie_87
12-21-2004, 02:53 AM
hey I just wanted to check if it's ok to write a letter?-since I saw Jexy's above post and I've been obsessed for way too long (probably shouldn't include that in a letter though) I wanna be a Pimster as well!:D

Sharon
12-21-2004, 04:35 AM
ashie, ive considered u a pimster for awhile now :) (since u posted regularaly here)...
i dont think there steps to become a pimster... if u wanna be one, i'm pretty sure u can just become one :p

Kristen
12-21-2004, 06:40 AM
lol, Sharon is right. If you're a fan of Joachim, then you're a pimster ;)
Just make sure you send the letter to me at this address: kse_5@yahoo.com.au ;)
Or, if you want to handwrite one, let me know that and I'll send you my home address :yeah:

Pina, I'm going to print out the map tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes :)

iliketennis
12-21-2004, 06:51 AM
I can setup a domain and website for pim pim if you guys want :) Except it can only be .info (maybe www.pim-pim.info)

Kat!
12-21-2004, 07:55 AM
ohhh btw... I was thinking of putting the pimster site on joachimjohansson.org? Originally I bought it to set up a fansite for pimpim and co-run it with someone... but it's been a couple of months already but we STILL haven't done much for it hahahahaha so I guess we can use it for the pimster site hehehe.

iliketennis
12-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Do you know much about setting up your website??

Ashie_87
12-21-2004, 09:53 AM
coolies:cool: I'm officially a Pimster!:woohoo: methinks I'll type the letter though. My writing has been known to be...er..."unruly";)

Aleksa's Laydee
12-21-2004, 01:33 PM
i wanna be a Pimster too! What do I gotta do :) ?

introduce yourself in the chit chat thread i think it is please :)

Iza
12-21-2004, 05:00 PM
introduce yourself in the chit chat thread i think it is please :)

okies

Jexy
12-24-2004, 12:40 AM
lol, so I guess the ritual to become one is to do the introduction in the introduction thread... hehehe

:dance:

Ashie_87
12-25-2004, 03:00 AM
ok I'm in the middle of writing my letter but I have a few questions:

How formal do we want them? (i.e can we write funny stuff?)
and how long can they be?
:wavey:

Kristen
12-25-2004, 03:08 AM
I'd say....write to express your personality :)
Be as funny, sarcastic, etc as you want to be. He knows what Aussies are like by now,so nothing should shock him :lol:

And...as long as you like. Some people have asked for 2 pages, and I still have 40 pages left to fill :tape: so you can have as much space as you like :)

Ashie_87
12-25-2004, 03:12 AM
Groovitude! thanks Kristen:hug:

Kristen
12-25-2004, 03:14 AM
No problem!
My shift has focused to the Alexander Popp site (http://alexanderpopp.bravehost.com/index.html) I'm making, so I'm trying to stress less about the Pimsters thing! :lol:

That's a cute word, btw!

Kristen
12-25-2004, 06:37 AM
Just trying to figure out the order:
Cover - Introduction - Index/Contents - Letters - Conclusion
I'm wondering if the Map and URLs should go towards the end of the document, but before the conclusion?
Letter Guide
DEADLINE: December 31st (one week)
Ideas for your message:
letters - personal match reports - photos / drawings - quotes - stuff you've written.

INTRO
CONCLUDE
-Wish them all the best

Kristen
12-26-2004, 02:45 AM
I'm wondering if the Map and URLs should go towards the end of the document, but before the conclusion?

looking for comments on this also ;)
In the next ten minutes or so, I will be PM-ing the 33 pimpim fans (that I know of!)

edit: I PMed 28 people! lol fingers crossed :tape:

roisin
12-26-2004, 11:56 PM
and i was one of them! ;) well i havent been in this forum in a while so i had no idea this project was happening! but i'll def contribute, i'll send it in tomorrow!

its such a great idea, i did one for juan carlos ferrero a while ago as well and i hope the players feckin appreciate it! :p

roisin
12-26-2004, 11:58 PM
ok..... do i have to be a 'pimster' or something for this?!

Pina
12-27-2004, 02:21 AM
You don't have to be a Pimster I guess, as long as pim pim is one of players you support, that will be ok. ;)

Now 'Pimsters' really sounds like an organization to me. :D

Kristen, thank you for the PM. :kiss: I'll write something later.

Aleksa's Laydee
12-27-2004, 11:03 AM

maybe the contents then the intro then the map then letters and then the Urls then conclusion?

Devotee
12-28-2004, 04:58 AM
Is Bjorkman_Girl going to give letters only to Pim Pim or to any Swedish player we request?

margaret_gn
12-28-2004, 08:12 AM
Is Bjorkman_Girl going to give letters only to Pim Pim or to any Swedish player we request?

Hi Devotee,

I'm doing a similar project for Thomas Johansson :hearts: as well and it's not too late to send me your letters/e-mails for him. Just send it to margaret_gn@hotmail.com (see thread "***Calling all Thomas Johansson fans***" under Sweden). If you have letters for any of the other Swedish players I'm sure Kristen (Bjorkman_Girl) won't mind passing them on for you or I could do it too if you want since I'm going to these tournaments:

Sydney (PimPim, Thomas Johansson and Robin Soderling will be there )
Aus Open (all the swedes)

:yeah:

Kristen
12-28-2004, 12:59 PM
:wavey: Hi guys... You might have thought I had disappeared, with the lack of nagging over the last 24hours :lol: but alas... I am still here. And, my PM request has so far seen the number of letters double from 4... to eight :eek:

As anantak2k says.... "Keep em coming!"
2 day's until the deadline. Remember, I'm in Australia. We're ahead of you guys :p

Aleksa's Laydee
12-28-2004, 06:02 PM
oh crap better get writing the last bit

jmgsdoubsprtnr
12-28-2004, 06:19 PM
i will try to write one! i will have to think hard about what to say, i don't want to come across as a buffoon! I had thought about what to say, but by now i've already forgotten! :o

Toppu
12-29-2004, 01:52 AM
I'm trying to write something. But I've been so busy but expect to send it by this year.

Kristen
12-29-2004, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys, for the letters received so far, and the letters that are being written / thought about being written (bad grammar. I know!)

Letter Guide
Ideas for your message:

INTRO
CONCLUDE
-Wish them all the best

This is all the other people have done. I wouldn't worry so much about making something really creative with only a few days left. If people really desperately want to write a letter, I can extend to January 5th. But if I receive anything after January 5th, it will not be included. Because, I won't be in town.

Remember, I have only got a few letters, and that's exactly what they are. Letters, wishing pimpim support etc, like in the letter guide above. I'm printing out the letters now, so whatever order they come in, that's the order in which I'm putting them into the folder.

Aleksa's Laydee
12-29-2004, 08:04 PM
:woohoo: managed to finish mine :D

Sharon
12-29-2004, 08:38 PM
still working on mine... ahh i might have to end up giving this to you the 2nd of jan (aussie time) or something.. is that alrite? :scratch:

Kristen
12-30-2004, 07:21 AM
lol Sharon...yeah it's ok. Yours will be letter #10 :eek: almost one quarter of all known pimpim fans on MTF! :lol:

Iza
12-30-2004, 04:42 PM
i'm thinking on mine right now :scratch:

Sharon
12-30-2004, 09:08 PM
:woohoo: finished mine!!!! yay, and before the old old old deadline :lol:

Kristen
12-30-2004, 11:02 PM
Thanks guys! I've received your letters and they're now in the folder :yeah:
It's looking better every day :)

roisin
12-30-2004, 11:04 PM
great! have many do u have now?

Kristen
12-30-2004, 11:19 PM
great! have many do u have now?
a huge.....TEN! lol... maybe I should have made the letters in size 24 font, so they'd fill up the folder better? ;) It looks quite good though I think :)

Kristen
12-30-2004, 11:30 PM
:woohoo: finished mine!!!! yay, and before the old old old deadline :lol:
That pic is awesome! Not odd at all, it's cool that you have a moose in the pic with you :lol:

Sharon
12-31-2004, 12:49 AM
That pic is awesome! Not odd at all, it's cool that you have a moose in the pic with you :lol:

:lol: i was at the airport and i won that moose at this arcade in some lasvegas hotel and i took that pic to prove it to my friend :p :lol:

Kristen
12-31-2004, 02:11 AM
Just a short message to say that tonight will be my last night here for a few days I think*, so if anyone comes on wanting to write a letter, but needing a bit of an extension, go for it. I'll be back in Sydney on the 5th, so try to send messages before then ;)

I'm sure I'll be online until the Adelaide Qualifying draw is out!
K.

Iza
12-31-2004, 08:38 PM
i sent u mine yesterday ;)

Kristen
01-01-2005, 07:08 AM
Thanks guys! Keep them coming, because he knows about it now, and he was thrilled ;)

Canuck_Chick
01-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Thanks guys! Keep them coming, because he knows about it now, and he was thrilled ;)
:woohoo:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-01-2005, 08:16 PM

awww really? bless his cotton socks :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hangdog
01-01-2005, 08:28 PM

Hej!
I've read some topics here... You have a fantastic, grandious and well-organized project, respect!! (and the results're obvious yet =) ;) Good luck in the future with that!

P.S. ...and scandinavian atmosphere's here! :D ahh..

jmgsdoubsprtnr
01-02-2005, 12:54 AM
how did he find out about it?? does he know about pimsters and everything?

Sharon
01-02-2005, 02:38 AM
how did he find out about it?? does he know about pimsters and everything?
its in the article thread... kristen and kat told him about him recieving a gift in like a week :)

Kristen
01-02-2005, 06:19 AM
Joachim doesn't know about the 'pimsters' name yet... LOL
One surprise at a time I guess :)

Aleksa's Laydee
01-02-2005, 09:40 AM
:haha: oh man i wish i was there...i wanna see his face :haha:

crazzzy_grrl
01-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Thats great that you got to meet him

BTW: Thanks bjorkman's girl for the pm. I don't read/post here much but I was glad to contribute. Im a huge fan of Joachim, but tend to post at CCL more than over here

Sharon
01-02-2005, 03:29 PM
:haha: oh man i wish i was there...i wanna see his face :haha:

:lol: i wish was there too... i wanna see how he reacts to 'pimsters' :lol:

Canuck_Chick
01-02-2005, 04:29 PM
:haha: there might be too many surprises for him to handle :p ;)

Iza
01-02-2005, 11:14 PM
awww how sweet! I bet he's gonna make that sweet PimPim face :) :hearts: So cute! and yeah, Hangdog is right! I think Pimsters are the best-organized fans on this forum (that's why I came here :cool: )

star
01-03-2005, 12:49 AM
That was great you got to meet and talk with him. I can't wait to see him in the U.S.

Please tell him he has got to play at IW. :)

Kristen
01-06-2005, 04:01 AM
Thanks for the letters guys...
I need your help now. I only have a couple of days to write the introduction... What should I include in it :rolleyes:?

I was gonna explain who we are, eg.. the continents we're from, and how we've gotten to know each other over the most bizarre things associated with Joachim (eg his hair, and polls etc). The purpose of the folder..... and what else should I put in this? I haven't got a clue, and my care factor is really low :rolleyes:

Ashie_87
01-06-2005, 05:15 AM
Hey Kristen:wavey:
maybe you could just leave it at that...but kinda make it lengthy:scratch: or something like that

Pina
01-06-2005, 08:58 AM
What Ashie said.
Maybe you can use larger letters to make the introduction looks longer?:scratch:
Anyway,you did great job Kristen.

I wish I could see that sweet pimpim face too.:banghead:

Sharon
01-06-2005, 09:45 PM
i was thinkin you can make it larger letter to make it appear longer... but at the same time, arent most things the best when it's short and sweet? :)

crazzzy_grrl
01-07-2005, 01:42 AM
Well the few letters you do have are from true fans, not just people who thik he's ok, so thats got to mean something, he has some dedicated fans :)

Kristen
01-07-2005, 01:46 AM
Good point crazzzy! :hug: I didn't look at it that way... Quality is better than quantity :yeah:

Yeah I think I'll leave it pretty short, maybe two paragraphs... but I've done the whole folder in size 14 fonts, so it'll look ok :) The longer he stays in Adelaide, the more time I have to do it :lol: Now I just have to write short notes to Jarkko, Jurgen, Jonas and Alexander :rolleyes: Kinda funny that I already wrote to the guys outside my top 4!!

star
01-07-2005, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the letters guys...
I need your help now. I only have a couple of days to write the introduction... What should I include in it :rolleyes:?

I was gonna explain who we are, eg.. the continents we're from, and how we've gotten to know each other over the most bizarre things associated with Joachim (eg his hair, and polls etc). The purpose of the folder..... and what else should I put in this? I haven't got a clue, and my care factor is really low :rolleyes:

I finally wrote something. Hope it's not too late. :)

Anyway, as for the introduction, I think you can keep it pretty simple.

Dear Pim Pim.... or the Swedish equivalent. :)

We're a bunch of fans who met each other on (website). We have a special thread on this message board dedicated to your fans.

We've enclosed a map to show you all the continents we are from so you can see you have fans from all over the world.

We had a vote and decided to name ourselves "The Pimsters" It's a funny name. A weird name. But we are funny and weird people. :)

You can count on seeing some of us at tournaments everwhere.

You gave us many thrills in 2004, and we know you will have even more success in 2005.

It must be kind of crazy to know there are some fans out there who are posting pictures of you and following your change of hairstyles, your change of coaches, and what sort of outfit you are wearing, but we are really a harmless lot.

You've given us so much pleasure over the past year, we hope this small packet of letters gives you some pleasure too.

Lycket til!!

star
01-07-2005, 01:53 AM
P.S. Kristen, I sent the letter to your hotmail. :)

Kristen
01-07-2005, 01:58 AM
LOL Thanks star! "copy/paste" :lol:
Will add your letter now, no its not too late! It will be too late on Tuesday ;) When I hope he arrives here to play, after his final in Adelaide ;) (even though I kinda would love to see Thomas win!)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
01-07-2005, 04:10 AM
yeah, thomas needs to keep winning! i don't want him to retire any time soon.

i should have thought of this WAY earlier, but maybe we can include a list of tournaments that the pimsters attend so that he can look out for us... or something. that might be useful! just an idea.

star
01-07-2005, 06:17 AM
I'll be at IW! I put it in my letter to him. :)

roisin
01-07-2005, 10:17 AM
We had a vote and decided to name ourselves "The Pimsters" It's a funny name. A weird name. But we are funny and weird people.

i love it!

Kristen
01-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Just wanted to say that any letters I receive after Sunday, will not be included.
I've got a bigger suitcase to take to Melbourne, but I still need all the room I can get! So I'm giving the folder to Joachim while he's in Sydney. Probably on Tuesday (if he makes the Adelaide final!)[I]

Oh, and I've used Star's intro. I love it, it describes us perfectly :)

Aleksa's Laydee
01-07-2005, 01:04 PM
whats the intro?? :)

Kristen
01-07-2005, 01:07 PM
It's in Stars post, at the middle of this page :)
I added a little part under it, in a separate space, explaining how we all worked together on this project, and gave the names of the people that did specific parts of the folder :)

Kristen
01-07-2005, 01:11 PM
I've added letters from these people:
Margaret
Ally
Siobhan
Ash
Jess
Angie
Roisin
Toppu
Iza
Sharon

If you wrote a letter, and your name isn't here, please send it again, or let me know so I can look for it! Thanks all :wavey: I'm going to bed now... Going to Sydney quallies tomorrow!

Aleksa's Laydee
01-07-2005, 06:37 PM
ah i see it and star its fab :D

star
01-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Just wanted to say that any letters I receive after Sunday, will not be included.
I've got a bigger suitcase to take to Melbourne, but I still need all the room I can get! So I'm giving the folder to Joachim while he's in Sydney. Probably on Tuesday (if he makes the Adelaide final!)[I]

Oh, and I've used Star's intro. I love it, it describes us perfectly :)

:kiss: :kiss: That's so sweet of you to say so. :hug:

I hope you cleaned up any typos. :o

star
01-07-2005, 07:01 PM
I've added letters from these people:
Margaret
Ally
Siobhan
Ash
Jess
Angie
Roisin
Toppu
Iza
Sharon

If you wrote a letter, and your name isn't here, please send it again, or let me know so I can look for it! Thanks all :wavey: I'm going to bed now... Going to Sydney quallies tomorrow!

ACK! My letter isn't there?????

star
01-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Anyway, I sent the letter to your hotmail address. I'll check to see if it came back.

Let me know, and I'll write another one quickly. :)

Just so you know...... the name 'star' wasn't attached to the letter. It's from "Christina."

Canuck_Chick
01-07-2005, 08:24 PM
love the intro :yeah:
good job everyone on the letters and any other stuff you have done!!
and a big :hug: to Kristen for putting all this together and dealing with our procrastination :p :):)

jole
01-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Very cool project. Great reading material for PimPim on his weekly airplane commutes. :)

Sharon
01-07-2005, 09:44 PM
love the intro :yeah:
good job everyone on the letters and any other stuff you have done!!
and a big :hug: to Kristen for putting all this together and dealing with our procrastination :p :):)

:lol: if it wasnt for kristen, i dunno if any of us wouldve ever finished our letters :p :hug:

Iza
01-07-2005, 10:17 PM
yeah, she insisted so much :hug: ! i'm sure PimPim won't get bored reading them! ;)

star
01-07-2005, 10:20 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Kristen!

Pina
01-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Great intro! Thank you Star. :kiss:
Also, a huge hug to Kristen.:hug:

Kristen
01-08-2005, 06:48 AM
lol, you're welcome;)
Star, your letter is in there... I forgot to write your name down because I hadn't printed it yet... lol. Sorry to give you a scare! ;)

Now I've just gotta put in the map and URLs :)

Ashie_87
01-08-2005, 07:16 AM
Great intro Christina!:yeah:
and thanks to Kristen for doing all this!:hug:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-08-2005, 08:37 AM
:lol: if it wasnt for kristen, i dunno if any of us wouldve ever finished our letters :p :hug:

doubt it ;)

Thanks Kriss tnn ;) :lol: :hug:

Kristen
01-08-2005, 08:38 AM
No worries sher-vonn!

star
01-08-2005, 03:30 PM
lol, you're welcome;)
Star, your letter is in there... I forgot to write your name down because I hadn't printed it yet... lol. Sorry to give you a scare! ;)

Now I've just gotta put in the map and URLs :)

Whew!!!

What a relief. :lol:

You are doing so much work! :hug: :hug: Thanks so very much.

Aleksa's Laydee
01-08-2005, 06:23 PM
No worries sher-vonn!

loving this new title by the way...

*thinks* OH GOD i have to do all the sorting for that :haha:

Sommarsverige
01-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Kristen, thank for all the great work :yeah:
Even if I couldn´t write a letter, because I was ill (hope you received my e-mail..), I appreciate the work you lay down on this so much!
I am so interested to know how Pim Pim reacted when you gave him the folder ;)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
01-08-2005, 11:38 PM
i JUST sent mine in... i hope it isn't too late, it's still saturday here. kristen, i PMed it to you AND sent it to your hotmail e-mail address! sorry about the lateness :o

Kristen
01-09-2005, 08:12 AM
I'll add it in at the end... like, as an appendice... lol I've printed everything out, with page numbers etc...

star
01-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Hey, guys. I'll be seeing Pim at IW too. But maybe it is too soon to be giving him another packet then. :)

Kristen
01-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Hey guys! Joachim was training this morning (and I know you'll want the details (no shirt - yes i got photos), but he left through the back gate instead of the side one (which would mean he'd avoid being harassed by everyone... and, since it was the last day I was gonna be in Sydney, I located his mother, and gave it to her to pass on. I explained what it was and she seemed happy to see something like that, lol then Mr. Johansson walked over and they had a look-see :eek: :lol: I'll ask PimPim about it in melbourne :)

I'm leaving now Gotta get to my transport!!!!!

Pina
01-12-2005, 08:31 AM
I was expecting to read your report on pimpim's reaction about the folder.It's a little disappointed but you met his parents! Tell us some details about his parents then.:scratch:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-12-2005, 09:20 AM
ooo pim pim :sad:

crazzzy_grrl
01-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Thats great that he got it. Gives him something to read on the trip down to Melbourne.
I'm glad I could be a part of it too :D Thanks again for the pm, otherwise I would have never known. I'm starting to post here more now, but before I hardly ever did

roisin
01-12-2005, 04:13 PM
woo he got it! WOO topless pics :drool:

Iza
01-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Kristen took tons of cool shirtless pix PimPim, Feli, Fer :inlove: Can't wait til she posts them here! :bounce: it's so good that they're gonna reach him! 2b honest, I was really curious about his reaction but :yeah: great job girl :) :hug:
Ask him bout them in Melbourne ;)

star
01-12-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm glad you gave it to his parents. I think Pim's got a lot on his mind just now.

I hope it cheers him a bit to look at it.

Sharon
01-12-2005, 07:30 PM
thats cool... lol since u cant tell us about his reactions, i guess u could talk about his parents? :lol:
after yesterdays match, maybe this would be something to take his mind off it :)

Aleksa's Laydee
01-12-2005, 08:30 PM
at least hes got it :yeah:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
01-12-2005, 11:43 PM
how did you know what his parents looked like? :confused:

Canuck_Chick
01-13-2005, 01:15 AM
mission accomplished Kristen :yeah:
now you must await instructions on your next one :p ;)

Sharon
01-13-2005, 02:03 AM
how did you know what his parents looked like? :confused:

someone posted a pic of them in the picture thread i think... or maybe she overheard ;) :p

mission accomplished Kristen :yeah:
now you must await instructions on your next one :p ;)

:lol: :lol: you make it sound like its a secret mission

Toppu
01-13-2005, 04:00 AM
WOW
good job!

thank you

Kristen
01-15-2005, 09:49 AM
If I get a chance, I'll write more but I havent spoken to joachim yet... I'm onb my friends computer and I don't want to hog all the internet time :eek:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-15-2005, 09:52 AM
did you get my txt?? you didnt txt back :sobbing:

Kristen
01-15-2005, 09:54 AM
I'nm getting about 60 sms' a day! lol I cant remember / afford to reply to everyone... ;) I think you asked me is i saw him or talked to him? Nope, I was watching the Austrian guy, Oliver Marach and Kristian Pless (Denmark;)) I watched the second set though.

Aleksa's Laydee
01-15-2005, 10:23 AM
ah fair enough :lol:

Kristen
02-07-2005, 04:07 AM
*BUMP*
Since we're so hopeless at reaching deadlines... we should think about this by...April;? lol... Siobhan, I'll send you an excel file in the near future, with the pimsters names, listing who has written a letter, and the other people who were interested in it, so we can have another huge effort, like we did (sort of) for the Aus Open! I've just gotta add a couple of the new people :)

I never did get to speak to Joachim about the folder... but I did tell him in adelaide that he'd be getting something in Sydney, and he seemed to be looking forward to it... lol, so I will just assume that he loved the idea... I mean, all of us did :lol:

Aleksa's Laydee
02-10-2005, 08:35 PM
ok dokes cool...yeah i want all stuff before may 20 when my study leave starts!! ;)

Iza
02-11-2005, 12:34 PM
so....writing 2 PimPim again b4 20 may? new folder waiting 4 him? ;) :bounce:

Canuck_Chick
02-11-2005, 08:38 PM
ok, may 20th...that should be enough time for me to whip something together lmao ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
02-11-2005, 08:41 PM
dates in diary people!! ;)

Canuck_Chick
02-11-2005, 08:54 PM
i wrote it on my hand, but since that's not reliable i also wrote it on my calandar ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
02-11-2005, 09:51 PM
:haha:

Iza
02-16-2005, 05:46 AM
:rolls:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-16-2005, 05:49 AM
and what if the calendar fails you too? :scared:

Aleksa's Laydee
02-16-2005, 11:16 AM
and what if the calendar fails you too? :scared:

that doesnt bare thinking about :p

star
02-22-2006, 03:53 PM
I'll be seeing Pim in less than two weeks..... if he shows up at IW that is. :) :) :)

Kristen
02-04-2008, 02:51 AM
Hey guys...

Do you think maybe we should put something together again?

I mean, although his career was short, it was a good one. And he made quite the impact on all of us. I thought it would be nice for fans to send him one last collection of our best wishes, some photos with fans, whatever. Something that he can look back on and enjoy.

Fitz
02-04-2008, 05:39 AM
I was a fan of his and never did get to meet him but I have some photos from 2004 if you'd be interested in using them. He was a good person from what I hear and you're quite the helpful one. If they are of any interest to you, I'd be happy to post them here. :D

Sommarsverige
02-04-2008, 06:27 AM
Kristen, I think this is a great idea :yeah:

Have been thinking of something similar myself, so I would surely take part in whatever we decide to do!

margaret_gn
02-04-2008, 06:30 AM
yes i think this is a lovely idea... i can put together a page of my pimpim photos/tournament experiences etc... but how will we get it to him? he won't be at any tournaments i don't think, maybe Bastad just as a visitor/commentator. I know Peggy's going there. that's in July though...

Kristen
02-04-2008, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys :) I'm glad others are interested in this. Fitz, thanks! I still have Mark Knowles photos on my camera, I went to the Wheelchair Tennis tournament in Sydney this week and told a few people I'd have photos from the tournament up by the end of the week, so have switched priorities :tape::lol:

I think we could definitely find a way to get *whatever our project ends up being* to Joachim. Mats Wilander has always been helpful in the past too, with this kind of thing. I was thinking something like those folders we had done in the past...maybe something like a book [or bound, at least] with pictures, reports, memories of meeting pimpim and his matches, maybe even using some of the comments from the thread on GM. All good stuff of course. It's nice to see so many people caring about the retirement.

Fitz
02-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys :) I'm glad others are interested in this. Fitz, thanks! I still have Mark Knowles photos on my camera, I went to the Wheelchair Tennis tournament in Sydney this week and told a few people I'd have photos from the tournament up by the end of the week, so have switched priorities :tape::lol:

I think we could definitely find a way to get *whatever our project ends up being* to Joachim. Mats Wilander has always been helpful in the past too, with this kind of thing. I was thinking something like those folders we had done in the past...maybe something like a book [or bound, at least] with pictures, reports, memories of meeting pimpim and his matches, maybe even using some of the comments from the thread on GM. All good stuff of course. It's nice to see so many people caring about the retirement.

No worries. Watching tennis comes first. I'll be doing the same for my short trip to Delray. :o

Do you want me to post whatever photos of mine I can find here?

Sommarsverige
02-04-2008, 08:06 AM
I am very sure as well that we will find a way to give it to Pim Pim :)
I will also be in Båstad in summer and if he is not there, I am quite sure he will be in Stockholm in october.

But I guess first of all we should think about what we want to do. I think it would be a nice idea if everyone creates a page or 2 and we then put it all together in some kind of book.

I will think more about it when I am at home :)

Kristen
02-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I made a little group on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20835565316), for those who aren't on MTF or don't visit anymore...