My Say " Andy Murray should stop giving too much Respect to Federer,Nadal on Court" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

My Say " Andy Murray should stop giving too much Respect to Federer,Nadal on Court"

Shinoj
03-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Once he does that there is no reason he cant be a Multiple Grand Slam Winner.

He gives too much respect to Federer and Nadal. I have a feeling that once he steps on the Court with them he starts somehow playing submissively and below par.

Once he removes from his mind about the Aura of Federer and Nadal he can play onm equal terms with them and beat them on important stages of a Tournament, which has been his bane so far.

Topspindoctor
03-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Nobody cares what some arm chair analyst on MTF thinks. The real truth Mugray hasn't won a slam is because he is not good enough.

/thread.

Federer in 2
03-13-2012, 09:51 AM
100% true. Once you step on court with such an attitude you can't make the best out of the match.

TBkeeper
03-13-2012, 09:54 AM
M for Murray
M for Mug
/Thread.

out_grinder
03-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Nobody cares what some arm chair analyst on MTF thinks. The real truth Mugray hasn't won a slam is because he is not good enough.

/thread.

Totally agree. And may I just say I am a big fan of your no-nonsense posting style. The mental game is totally overrated. Tennis is won by being faster, bigger and stronger than your opponents. Strategy or mentality really has little to do with it. Look at Nadal winning against everyone using the same damn tactic every single point.

I mean, compare Djokovic to Murray - who would you rather have on your side in a street fight!? Lol.

leng jai
03-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Totally agree. And may I just say I am a big fan of your no-nonsense posting style. The mental game is totally overrated. Tennis is won by being faster, bigger and stronger than your opponents. Strategy or mentality really has little to do with it. Look at Nadal winning against everyone using the same damn tactic every single point.

I mean, compare Djokovic to Murray - who would you rather have on your side in a street fight!? Lol.

:facepalm:

Mr. Oracle
03-13-2012, 10:08 AM

LMAO. He quickly forgot what he said in paragraph 1 and completely contradicts by paragraph 2. This is what drugs will do...:stupid:

TBkeeper
03-13-2012, 10:08 AM

I'm sure you haven't played tennis never in your life ...

tripwires
03-13-2012, 10:10 AM

What about "better" than your opponent at the sport?

Then again you're the same person who claimed that Murray is on a physical decline after he apparently peaked in the SF at this year's Australian Open, so this post is absolutely unsurprising.

Regarding the topic, I think the issue is quite simple: he hasn't won against Fedal in slams because his dominantly defensive game simply isn't good enough against them at the majors and/or he lets the pressure of playing in a grand slam SF/F get to him. I doubt he's really cowed that much by his "respect" for Fed; he has a positive H2H against him and he didn't let his "respect" get in the way of going all out to beat an injured Fed at the 2008 TMC in a match that didn't matter. :shrug:

Kat_YYZ
03-13-2012, 10:23 AM
he didn't lose to Federer or Nadal in Indian Wells. He lost to Garcia-Lopez.

Murray didn't seem overwhelmed while beating Federer in the 2010 Shanghai final, or bagelling Nadal in Tokyo. He was cool as a cucumber. His problem doesn't come from his attitude towards other players, but from how he feels about himself.

156mphserve
03-13-2012, 10:53 AM
He gives too much respect to Guillermo GOAT Lopez me thinks, but then again, who wouldn't, Nadal couldn't beat him when they played in Bangkok:shrug:

paseo
03-13-2012, 10:58 AM
"My Say"? lol.

:lol:

acionescu
03-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Also a lot of respect to Donald Young, Bogomolov jr, Wawrinka, etc....

Time Violation
03-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Totally agree. And may I just say I am a big fan of your no-nonsense posting style. The mental game is totally overrated. Tennis is won by being faster, bigger and stronger than your opponents. Strategy or mentality really has little to do with it.

This is not a NFL forum, I guess you got lost on your way :)

Sound2k10
03-13-2012, 12:30 PM

/thread.

What evidence do you have of him not being good enough?

A_Skywalker
03-13-2012, 12:32 PM
What evidence do you have of him not being good enough?

the results ?

Sound2k10
03-13-2012, 12:42 PM
the results ?

Results and being good enough are two seperate entities.

And let's not forget how lucky Djokovic, Nadal and Federer were in their 1st Grand Slam:

Federer gets Mark Philippoussis, ranked 48. His 2nd he gets Marat Safin, ranked 96th.
Nadal gets Mariano Puerta, ranked 37th.
Djokovic gets Tsonga, ranked 38th.

Murrays gets anywhere near as much luck as them and he'd have 3+ slams by now.

Time Violation
03-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Federer gets Mark Philippoussis, ranked 48. His 2nd he gets Marat Safin, ranked 96th.

Well, Novak maybe got Tsonga, but you forget before that he had to beat Federer in the semis. Murray got Cilic and Ferrer in AO semis before his two finals, being more lucky that that would probably mean not facing a single top 10 on the way to the trophy. Not very likely :p

ossie
03-13-2012, 01:15 PM
murray should develop a forehand that is more dangerous than that of a wta player.

Sound2k10
03-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Well, Novak maybe got Tsonga, but you forget before that he had to beat Federer in the semis. Murray got Cilic and Ferrer in AO semis before his two finals, being more lucky that that would probably mean not facing a single top 10 on the way to the trophy. Not very likely :p

I get what you are saying but Andy Murray still had to beat Rafael Nadal twice in two serperate majors, even if Nadal pulled out injured towards the end of one, he still had to be beaten. And more importantly, the finals are always going to be alot easier than the semi's. I think the ranking of the opponent in the final is alot more important than the players you face elsewhere in the draw.

Soderling beat Rafa at the French Open. Usually you would think that that feat would be deserving of the title, but he later faced Roger Federer in the final.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Andy Murray as not winning a set out of 9 in slam finals is criminal, but he has been unlucky in the quest for his first, and contrary to popular of belief he quite clearly IS good enough to win a slam(s).

Sound2k10
03-13-2012, 01:18 PM
murray should develop a forehand that is more dangerous than that of a wta player.

What, like your forehand?

Shinoj
03-13-2012, 01:25 PM
As for the ones who say that Murray is a defensive Player. Well the Best Results Murray has like his win over nadal in the US Open and Bagelling him in Japan or his wins over Djokovic and Federer, He has always taken the ball early and went for the opposition. His game is very tactical and he outsmarts his opponents and at the end of the point there is a killer forehand or a backhand waiting. This is his natural Game.

Outsmart the opponent tactically and then unleash a point Ending Forehand and backhand winner. He is no Defensive Player.:wavey:

Time Violation
03-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Soderling beat Rafa at the French Open. Usually you would think that that feat would be deserving of the title, but he later faced Roger Federer in the final.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Andy Murray as not winning a set out of 9 in slam finals is criminal, but he has been unlucky in the quest for his first, and contrary to popular of belief he quite clearly IS good enough to win a slam(s).

Yea, well, there are a bunch of other players who were far more unlucky - Roddick was within inches from winning Wimbledon; Murray is a great player, but to be honest, so far he wasn't even close to win a slam in his big matches, three finals and three blowouts.

Alex999
03-13-2012, 01:38 PM

And let's not forget how lucky Djokovic, Nadal and Federer were in their 1st Grand Slam:

silly. no luck man, skills. Djok played out of his mind at the AO 08. same with Rog and Nadal when they played their first majors. As much as I love Murray he is, unfortunately. not good enough... nothing to do with luck. I can only hope that he will get there, but it ain't gonna be easy if he has to go trough Nole, Rog or Rafa. He lost too many important matches to them. There is a good reason why the are multiple GS winners.

Sound2k10
03-13-2012, 01:45 PM
silly. no luck man, skills. Djok played out of his mind at the AO 08. same with Rog and Nadal when they played their first majors. As much as I love Murray he is, unfortunately. not good enough... nothing to do with luck. I can only hope that he will get there, but it ain't gonna be easy if he has to go trough Nole, Rog or Rafa. He lost too many important matches to them. There is a good reason why the are multiple GS winners.

I still don't see any reason for people saying he isn't good enough?

18 Months ago Djokovic wasn't good enough to win another slam and he looked to be a one-slam wonder. If Djokovic can propel his game to this level, there's no reason Murray can't, in terms of their game they are about equal. Djokovic does some things better than Murray, Murray does some things better than Djkovic (Serve, Volleying).

I'm not saying Djokovic was lucky, but had Murray gotten, Puerta, Tsonga etc. in one of his finals he'd have atleast one by now and probably more.

BroTree123
03-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Who gives a rat's behind. He ain't good enough, regardless of any excuses. End of story.

SheepleBuster
03-13-2012, 02:12 PM

He gives too much respect to Federer and Nadal. I have a feeling that once he steps on the Court with them he starts somehow playing submissively and below par.

Once he removes from his mind about the Aura of Federer and Nadal he can play onm equal terms with them and beat them on important stages of a Tournament, which has been his bane so far.

Thank you for your output. Murray is playing above his talent. He should return to futures.

Johnny Groove
03-13-2012, 02:12 PM
About Murray.

He has the game, this we know. He has wins over Fed, Nadal, and Djokovic over the years in various tournaments, mostly best of 3. His fitness and endurance really isn't a problem, I think he is up to the level of Nadal/Djokovic, but mentally, no way.

Sometimes it is good to be an asshole, at least in your game style. Aggressive, I don't give a fuck who is on the other side of the net type of mentality.

Djokovic for years was stuck at #3 in the world. Even back in 2006, Djokovic was talking about how beatable Nadal is on clay, being in control of the RG match in 06. Everyone thought he was crazy, but who's laughing now?

Murray does need to stop giving such respect, and start acting like the throne is his. Only in this way will he be able to get a slam, maybe get to #1.

Start da Game
03-13-2012, 02:19 PM
@all the fools trashtalking murray

murray is rising.....he finished playing his best slam of his career so far just few weeks ago.....watch him get better from now on.....losing matches to clowns at insignificant events is not a sign of hopelessness, it's actually a sign of where his focus is these days.....

he has won several masters 1000s, so the focus now lies elsewhere i.e., at the slams.....i don't think he will try too hard for miami either.....if he happens to find himself in a semifinal there, then he might fight for the title.....

reery
03-13-2012, 02:21 PM

Nadal and Djokovic had to beat Federer in the SF of those slams(FO 2005 and AO 2008) when Federer was ranked #1.

Start da Game
03-13-2012, 02:22 PM
i don't think his problem is "giving respect".....his problem has been his agitated mentality and lendl has sorted it out almost completely.....watch him manage to win a slam even with this current forehand.....he has finally found a way to win a hardcourt slam, its only a matter of time before he wins one.....i say it happens in one of the next 4 hardcourt slams.....

Shinoj
03-13-2012, 02:32 PM

murray is rising.....he finished playing his best slam of his career so far just few weeks ago.....watch him get better from now on.....losing matches to clowns at insignificant events is not a sign of hopelessness, it's actually a sign of where his focus is these days.....

he has won several masters 1000s, so the focus now lies elsewhere i.e., at the slams.....i don't think he will try too hard for miami either.....if he happens to find himself in a semifinal there, then he might fight for the title.....

RESPECT. :yeah:

ossie
03-13-2012, 02:36 PM
What, like your forehand?more like garcia lopez forehand

Sound2k10
03-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Nadal and Djokovic had to beat Federer in the SF of those slams(FO 2005 and AO 2008) when Federer was ranked #1.

Semi-Finals.

Time Violation
03-13-2012, 02:48 PM

Yea, Fed, Nadal and Nole are all still playing and trying to get the title, while Murray has bigger fish to fry? That makes a lot of sense. :p

tennizen
03-13-2012, 03:09 PM
My say: Murray should stop playing singles and compete for GS doubles titles with Jamie.

BroTree123
03-13-2012, 03:47 PM
My say: Murray should stop playing singles and compete for GS doubles titles with Jamie.

He would still choke :lol:.

tribalfusion
03-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Nadal respecting Federer doesn't seem to have damaged his propects :)

Murray is a great player no doubt and I don't think this is his problem.

Nole fan
03-13-2012, 05:31 PM

This is exactly what happened to Nole these last years. He didn't believe he was as good as them so he unconsciously submitted to them. In 2008 he thought he would be the next number 1 and he played a fearless game, and was confident and brash enough to defy Federer on and off court, he had that young brash careless attitude. Showing too much admiration or respect is wrong.

Nole fan
03-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Nadal respecting Federer doesn't seem to have damaged his propects :)

Murray is a great player no doubt and I don't think this is his problem.

One thing is to show respect off court and another on court. Nadal has never shown too much respect or appear to be in awe when playing Federer, he has felt superior to him a lot of times, confident with his chances. And anyway he does this with every other player too.

fast_clay
03-13-2012, 05:37 PM

now this is what is termed clarity... pure and simple...

such a rare commodity on mtf

Naudio Spanlatine
03-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Rafa was the first to challenge Fed, then Nole and now Murray. Its plain and simple guys Murrays head is full of tragic woes that needs to be fixed.

BIGMARAT
03-13-2012, 06:57 PM
so much of Murray please!!! HE IS JUST SIMPLY the fourth best player now and will ever be as long as those 3 play.

MuzzahLovah
03-13-2012, 07:18 PM

Murray didn't seem overwhelmed while beating Federer in the 2010 Shanghai final, or bagelling Nadal in Tokyo. He was cool as a cucumber. His problem doesn't come from his attitude towards other players, but from how he feels about himself.

Yep.

MuzzahLovah
03-13-2012, 07:21 PM

Thanks for this, they always forget.

Sound2k10
03-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks for this, they always forget.

Tell me about it. Far too many people underrate the difficulty of the 1st grand slam, nevermind when you play Federer Federer Djokovic and have as much pressure on you as Murray.

Fed_Ds
03-13-2012, 07:51 PM

:rolleyes: Yeah the same Tsonga who beat Murray in the 1st round of the same tournament lol

Sound2k10
03-13-2012, 07:59 PM
:rolleyes: Yeah the same Tsonga who beat Murray in the 1st round of the same tournament lol

You really don't get it, do you?

I'm talking purely about finals. Yes, Tsonga was playing very well, but the truth is he was ranked 38th in the world. Had Andy Murray gotten a player ranked 38th in the world in one of his finals, on form or not, he would have won.

ossie
03-13-2012, 08:26 PM
You really don't get it, do you?

I'm talking purely about finals. Yes, Tsonga was playing very well, but the truth is he was ranked 38th in the world. Had Andy Murray gotten a player ranked 38th in the world in one of his finals, on form or not, he would have won.not if that 38th ranked person would have beaten him in the first round

Nole fan
03-13-2012, 09:33 PM
not if that 38th ranked person would have beaten him in the first round

Exactly. Tsonga was a hot young player pulling up the ranks. He played a superb tournament and also beat an in form Nadal. Also, Nole had to beat Federer to get to the final.

Sound2k10
03-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Exactly. Tsonga was a hot young player pulling up the ranks. He played a superb tournament and also beat an in form Nadal. Also, Nole had to beat Federer to get to the final.

I think a few people don't actually understand what I've been saying.

Mountaindewslave
03-13-2012, 09:57 PM
LMAO. He quickly forgot what he said in paragraph 1 and completely contradicts by paragraph 2. This is what drugs will do...:stupid:

hahha i know it is incredible the dude says one moment that it's just about strength and talent in tennis as though that is to explain why Murray doesn't win on the big stage when Murray has strength and talent. he then mentions it's not mentality which is truly why the top players do so well. and then at the end he asks who you would rather have on a street fight, Djokovic or Murray, when obviously Murray would be the choice given he is bigger and stronger.... which contradicts his criticism for Murray. strange very strange.

as to this thread, Murray is not as good player as Nadal or Federer which explains why he feels inferior on court and somewhat meek. not surprising, if you're fire coming to a fight against water there is no reason to act too boastful or aggressive when it's pretty obvious you're going to lose

BigJohn
03-13-2012, 10:07 PM
"My Say"?

we0mk_J0zyc

Punky
03-13-2012, 11:06 PM

true words, i totally agree!!

The bottom line andy hasn't won a slam is because he is not good enough.

Time Violation
03-13-2012, 11:56 PM
I think a few people don't actually understand what I've been saying.

You are saying Murray would've had far better chance beating Tsonga in the finals, than in the R1. Well, that's only an assumption... and it works both ways - if Murray met Tsonga in the finals, maybe Tsonga would have had one slam at least by now, possibly more.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
03-14-2012, 02:37 AM
murray HAS won a slam

on top spin 4 (almost as good as the real thing)

Gabe32
03-14-2012, 03:15 AM
He just isn't good enough yet, I think. Also, he mentally collapses. I don't think it is because he gives too much respect to certain players. I think it is the whole weight of an entire nation(s) on his shoulders.

The guy folds like a Murphy bed. They should actually call it a Murray bed.

Shinoj
03-14-2012, 03:15 AM
This is exactly what happened to Nole these last years. He didn't believe he was as good as them so he unconsciously submitted to them. In 2008 he thought he would be the next number 1 and he played a fearless game, and was confident and brash enough to defy Federer on and off court, he had that young brash careless attitude. Showing too much admiration or respect is wrong.

Exactly.As i spoke to you earlier. Nole was very good talented and upcoming player. And i thought at that time that he would rule the Tennis world but somehow it didnt happen. So Nole exactly had the same problem that Murray is having now.

Honestly why should Murray even bother about what federer and Nadal have done in the past. And if you check out the pressers Federer clearly plays Mind games with Murray saying things like. Murray is improving. Murray has gone past that stage where he feels Grand Slams are all what defies a player. In someway he acts as if he is some kindof Mentor to Murray whereas by showing some "CARE" about Murray he clearly wants to continue as an agressor to Murray.Olderer looks Mentally weak against Nadal but clearly he does plays Mind Games.

If I was Murray i would retort back in a Presser. Federer YOUR ASS IS NEXT.