Is Murray beginning to decline physically? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is Murray beginning to decline physically?

out_grinder
03-12-2012, 01:25 PM
I think he peaked at the AO 2012. Shame it wasn't enough to beat Djokovic and wouldn't have been enough to beat Nadal in the final anyway.

In recent months he has looked out of form physically even if he is mentally starting to improve.

I think even when he beat Djokovic, that was a case of Djokovic having a bad day at the office rather than any blistering display of form by Murray. Murray looked poor throughout that tournament, and his decline was highlighted by Federer's beatdown of him.

Historically, grinders like Murray have always peaked early (see Hewitt).

Can we expect Murray to steadily fall down the rankings in the coming months and years?

paseo
03-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Could be. His legs are getting too thick for his own good. Can't be easy running around when you legs are the size of tree trunks.

scoobs
03-12-2012, 01:31 PM
So he peaked in January of this year and by mid-March, he's in permanent decline?

ActuaLOL.

Sound2k10
03-12-2012, 01:32 PM
I think he peaked at the AO 2012. Shame it wasn't enough to beat Djokovic and wouldn't have been enough to beat Nadal in the final anyway.

In recent months he has looked out of form physically even if he is mentally starting to improve.

I think even when he beat Djokovic, that was a case of Djokovic having a bad day at the office rather than any blistering display of form by Murray. Murray looked poor throughout that tournament, and his decline was highlighted by Federer's beatdown of him.

Historically, grinders like Murray have always peaked early (see Hewitt).

Can we expect Murray to steadily fall down the rankings in the coming months and years?

Yes. This time next year Murray will be nothing, occupying the lower echelons of tennis, when you begin searching for another player to waste your life trolling over.

Topspindoctor
03-12-2012, 01:33 PM
No, his fitness was always overrated for a grinder.

rinnegan
03-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Nah. He's just a mental midget.

Sound2k10
03-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Nah. He's just a mental midget.

Like Djokovic about 18 months ago?

leng jai
03-12-2012, 01:40 PM
No. He will still be at his peak for Miami but the decline will be steep once the dirt season kicks in.

Ajde.

rinnegan
03-12-2012, 01:41 PM

Nole had genuine health issues. Murray's just an overrated brain fart.

rinnegan
03-12-2012, 01:43 PM
So he peaked in January of this year and by mid-March, he's in permanent decline?

ActuaLOL.

He peaked at the Bangkok final when he defeated his eternal nemesis, the great Donald Young.

Sound2k10
03-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Nole had genuine health issues. Murray's just an overrated brain fart.

What? Breathing problems? Seriously?

What about his serve? I seem to remember it somewhat resembling Wozniacki's.

ballbasher101
03-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah Muzza is declining :rolleyes:. The guy has reached 5 straight semis in the majors for goodness' sake.

emotion
03-12-2012, 01:49 PM
I think he is. Watch the Murray-Cilic AO match and you'll see that movement is gone

Ferrer and del Potro are challenging him for #4 in the race, with Ferrer ahead before the European clay season

Marc23
03-12-2012, 02:07 PM
One loss and this thread comes up...bullshit!

Chirag
03-12-2012, 02:27 PM
He will decline during the summer hard courts

Start da Game
03-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Could be. His legs are getting too thick for his own good. Can't be easy running around when you legs are the size of tree trunks.

thick legs actually account for better leg strength.....tennis players have massive upper bodies and puny legs would only trigger chronic cases for knees and joints.....fed has puny arms, average upper body weight but has got tree trunk like legs.....the weight carried by his legs is lesser compared to his peers, that's why he is still able to zoom all over the court like a speedy old wicked witch.....

paseo
03-12-2012, 02:40 PM
thick legs actually account for better leg strength.....tennis players have massive upper bodies and puny legs would only trigger chronic cases for knees and joints.....fed has puny arms, average upper body weight but has got tree trunk like legs.....the weight carried by his legs is lesser compared to his peers, that's why he is still able to zoom all over the court like a speedy old wicked witch.....

You're right. I know that, man.

I was just messing because the OP is ridiculous. Murray is at his prime years.

tripwires
03-12-2012, 02:44 PM
:haha:

No.

Juz78
03-12-2012, 02:46 PM
One of the worst troll posts I've read...

/close

sexybeast
03-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Havent seen any signs of that, 24-25 years old usually are prime years. I have only seen people decline at that age because of injuries, like Ferrero and Kuerten.

Start da Game
03-12-2012, 02:54 PM
You're right. I know that, man.

I was just messing because the OP is ridiculous. Murray is at his prime years.

okay...

yes, murray is in his prime.....he finished playing his best slam in his career so far just a few weeks ago.....

Sham Kay
03-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Judging by the amount of posts the OP has dedicated to Murray, especially in Murray threads, it looks as if he's another forumer riding the Murray anti-bandwagon. I swear alot of these guys are going to be completely lost when he retires. Might even stop watching Tennis altogether.

Nole fan
03-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Judging by the amount of posts the OP has dedicated to Murray, especially in Murray threads, it looks as if he's another forumer riding the Murray anti-bandwagon. I swear alot of these guys are going to be completely lost when he retires. Might even stop watching Tennis altogether.

Why is Murray the one from the Top 4 that gets the most hate? Sometimes it's ridiculous.

Johnny Groove
03-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Murray rises and falls every year.

January- Rise, until AO loss.
February, March, April, May- Decline
June, July, August, September- Rise

:lol:

Mystique
03-12-2012, 04:14 PM
No he is not. He just has the same mental problems that have plagued him the last four years.
However, I am someone of the opinion that Andy played his best "Murray tennis" from mid 08 to AO-'10, if you know what I mean. Since then, he has lost some factor in his game - and maybe improved other aspects, but Andy used to be a lot more consistently solid and hungrier during that period.

fast_clay
03-12-2012, 04:25 PM
if you talk to any one who knows enough about rugby union, they will tell you the biggest match up issue in under 21 age group and below is any polynesian nation vs any celtic nation... this due to the fact the celtic race doesn't achieve full physical adult maturity until 24-26 years of age, unlike their polynesian blooded peers who are able for full representative senior duty at around 17 years of age...

murray hits his physical peak in the next 6 months...

emotion
03-12-2012, 04:43 PM
I've said for months he's getting slower, and, once again, watch Murray playing Federer in the AO 2 years ago and then playing Federer at Dubai this year. He's still fast, but not like he used to be

scoobs
03-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Why is Murray the one from the Top 4 that gets the most hate? Sometimes it's ridiculous.
I don't think he gets the most pure hate but I think he gets the most disdain for his tennis abilities. Lucky grinder mug pusher etc. Even the haters usually respect the abilities of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic but Murray's detractors act like he couldn't find the court without satnav and parental supervision.

Start da Game
03-12-2012, 04:58 PM
it's an irrefutable MTF fact that nadal is by far the most hated player on MTF.....what the other three get in comparison is almost negligible.....however i think that the more rafa is hated, the more stronger he becomes.....

EddieNero
03-12-2012, 05:02 PM
best thread i've seen for months.

emotion
03-12-2012, 05:05 PM
They player with the worst love-hate ratio is Robredo, not Nadal IMO. Nadal, Simon and Almagro vie for second.

Start da Game
03-12-2012, 05:09 PM
They player with the worst love-hate ratio is Robredo, not Nadal IMO. Nadal, Simon and Almagro vie for second.

how many posters come up with roasted animal pics for robredo and how many have made MTF accounts just to hate robredo?

scoobs
03-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Thread isn't about Nadal :rolleyes:

emotion
03-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Nadal has the most people who hate him for sure (myself included), but he also had 2nd/3rd most fans for years. Seems they were gloryhunters, though, now he's 6th.

Outside diehard Nadal fans/certinfy, very few hate Federer

Nole fan
03-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Top 4 Hate-o-meter

Murray
Nadal
Djokovic
Federer

Nole fan
03-12-2012, 05:22 PM
I don't think he gets the most pure hate but I think he gets the most disdain for his tennis abilities. Lucky grinder mug pusher etc. Even the haters usually respect the abilities of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic but Murray's detractors act like he couldn't find the court without satnav and parental supervision.

Might be but that's because he still hasn't achieved the others' status. Hate becomes more evident with popularity. Nadal is comparatively the most hated because he's more popular / more of a threat. But if Murray achieved number 1 we would never see the end of it.

Gabe32
03-12-2012, 05:36 PM
You think he peaked 2 months ago ... and you are able to tell within 2 months that he is on the decline??

Good eyes ;):worship:

misty1
03-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Top 4 Hate-o-meter

Murray
Nadal
Djokovic
Federer

your going to make a top 4 hated list and not put marin cilic in there? I can kind of see why almagro gets the hate he does but i still am trying to figure out what marin ever did

speaking of almagro what about him?

Slice Winner
03-12-2012, 05:42 PM

This beautiful post almost brought a tear to my eye.

Evitman
03-12-2012, 05:58 PM
One of the craziest thread I've ever seen in this forum :facepalm: :facepalm:

JediFed
03-12-2012, 06:08 PM
how many posters come up with roasted animal pics for robredo and how many have made MTF accounts just to hate robredo?

Personally, I consider you the best Rafa hater. You're like an inspiration.

MuzzahLovah
03-12-2012, 08:29 PM

It's really weird. So many hate threads.

MuzzahLovah
03-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Nadal has the most people who hate him for sure (myself included), but he also had 2nd/3rd most fans for years. Seems they were gloryhunters, though, now he's 6th.

Outside diehard Nadal fans/certinfy, very few hate Federer

I dislike Nadal intensely, but find Fed disrespectful comments in interviews, concerning Djokovic and Murray especially, abhorrent.

Allez
03-12-2012, 08:57 PM
WTF is this ? Murray's not even at his peak yet.

timafi
03-12-2012, 09:00 PM
I disagree.On the contrary I feel that watching Djokovic win slams after slams after slams has gotten to Murray's head more so than watching Federer and Nadal winning slams

Nole fan
03-12-2012, 09:03 PM
your going to make a top 4 hated list and not put marin cilic in there? I can kind of see why almagro gets the hate he does but i still am trying to figure out what marin ever did

speaking of almagro what about him?

I meant the hate-o-meter amongst the Top 4 players, not the Top 4 most hated guys. :lol:

misty1
03-12-2012, 09:05 PM
I meant the hate-o-meter amongst the Top 4 players, not the Top 4 most hated guys. :lol:

oh, i see

sorry:)

SheepleBuster
03-12-2012, 10:03 PM
The British version is still peaking. The scott version is close to retirement

Sauletekis
03-13-2012, 12:01 AM
The king has something to say about this thread...

Vfqp8QEsrds

Naudio Spanlatine
03-13-2012, 12:21 AM
hes morely declining mentally not physically, theres a difference.

leng jai
03-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Murray isn't declining mentally, its more like his mental game has plateaued for the last 3 years.

Naudio Spanlatine
03-13-2012, 12:44 AM
hes in physical shape, its just that he mentally falls apart at the most crucial times, its like you look at him and you think well hes physically in good shape and hes striking the ball well but you never know what going on in his head. Its sad really how his mental is just not the best at all.

BroTree123
03-13-2012, 12:48 AM
I hope he is, then tennis will continue to win :drool:.

Ibracadabra
03-13-2012, 12:48 AM

LOL