03-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Be afraid, he's back. And he means business :worship:

Defeated the world #75, clearly back at his best :worship:

RIboy
03-11-2012, 10:33 PM
custom made courts for him....

EddieNero
03-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Wake me up when he actually meets someone who knows how to play tennis.

scarecrows
Nadal looked on fire

rocketassist
Boring courts, boring match, boring sport.

Thankfully (turns into Brentos for a minute) I have 900 satellite channels, 100 radio stations and other forums I can do instead of watch dross like this on a regular basis.

kobulingam
03-11-2012, 10:35 PM
IW always takes Nadal's shots incredibly well. Slow yet still very responsive to topspin, so his shots explode upwards and forwards.

Sunset of Age
03-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Always difficult to judge a player's form when playing against a journeyman, but Nadal looked in fine form to me. Very fine form.
As his game is tailor-made for these courts (and his stats/results in the past six years or so clearly indicate this), he's my favourite to win this tournament.

Yes you may laugh at me when I turn out to be wrong. ;)

allpro
03-11-2012, 10:37 PM
nadal looking crisp and motivated. excellent start.

GSMnadal
03-11-2012, 10:37 PM
19-5 W/UE ratio for Rafa

Kiedis
03-11-2012, 10:40 PM
A tennis cyclone just wipe Indian Wells.

duong
03-11-2012, 10:40 PM

I knew it before the match anyway : I had made him my favorite for the tournament.

Clay death said "we don't know his form, can't bet on him, great opportunity for Fed" blablabla :rolleyes:

henke007
03-11-2012, 10:41 PM
custom made courts for him....

This, perfect claycourtlike mug court and those balls :o

Rovi
03-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Vamos Rafa!hope he continues his fine form.

GSMnadal
03-11-2012, 10:42 PM
I knew it before the match anyway : I had made him my favorite for the tournament.

Clay death said "we don't know his form, can't bet on him, great opportunity for Fed" blablabla :rolleyes:

Well, he's right, you never know. I had my doubts after that loss to Djokovic, how he would react.

But what I saw from him after that, I knew that he knew he was going to do just fine. He has always played well here, lost a couple matches he should've never lost, otherwise he'd be going for his fourth or fifth title here.

Clay Death
03-11-2012, 10:49 PM
let it be known that clay death the destroyer is not happy with him.

i am simply not impressed. in fact, i am pissed.

Matt01
03-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Defeated the world #75, clearly back at his best :worship:

Boring posts. :yawn: :zzz:

Naudio Spanlatine
03-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Haters are gonna hate:sport:

RAFA IS BACK:rocker2: :rocker2:

samanosuke
03-11-2012, 11:00 PM
last few years till he was sinking i wasn't able to watch Mayer playing so I almost forgot how useless and annoying piece of shit he is. Guys like him should be banned from tennis, if for anything those volleys are enough strong reason . Good to see Ellison's face hasn't changed the expression from last year though

shadows
NID that Nadal would regain a bit of confidence with the claycourt season back in full swing.

stewietennis

Why watch it if it's a boring sport?

rocketassist
03-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Why watch it if it's a boring sport?

Cause it was the TV match we get here and there was no other match on the red button?

moon language
03-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Cause it was the TV match we get here and there was no other match on the red button?

TIL some people are forced to watch television.

Kiedis
03-11-2012, 11:06 PM

A homo sapiens evolutioning towards a homo televisionius here

Sombrerero loco
03-11-2012, 11:21 PM
too easy, expected

Tennis-Life
03-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Mayer such an embarrassment to this sport :facepalm:

Raferminator
03-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Unbeievable performance today, Rafa! Vamos Spartan Warrior! :bowdown:

You've now only got four more practice matches until you INITIATE War with Nole 2.0. You MUST continue to improve so you can finally get this Issue Fixed, Resolved, Validated and Closed.

Oh yeah, and Message to Frauderer: If you plan on making it to court this coming Saturday, don't forget to bring some Egg Salad for your personal baptism as Rafa's Turkey. For once I'm actually hoping you make it through your Cupcake draw and don't Chicken out, and come ready to play in the Semis. I'm already basting a fresh Turkey for next Saturday and I'm calling him "Muger" in honor of the HUMILIATION Rafa is going to inflict upon you given your recent classless and arrogant remarks.

Something tells me your Ego may override your common sense, Muger, and you might actually show up thinking you have a chance to win. :lol: I just can't wait.... :)

allpro
03-11-2012, 11:44 PM

here’s a thought: next time nadal plays or the surface doesn’t suit you, open a book or call a friend. mtf has enough sackless whiners as it is.

Johnny Groove
03-11-2012, 11:52 PM
NID that Nadal would regain a bit of confidence with the claycourt season back in full swing.

:lol:

Didn't see the match, but from the comments here and from the stats, I like what I am seeing.

Indian Wells is always good for his game, and it was great that he took off the entire month after AO. No Rotterdam, no Davis Cup, no Dubai, well played. Well rested and ready to go all out from Indian Wells to US Open.

It is, however, only the opening round, and anything can happen, but I would rather he blow people away than have to struggle against guys like Devvarman like he did last year.

Tennis-Life
03-11-2012, 11:55 PM

You've now only got four more practice matches until you INITIATE War with Nole 2.0. You MUST continue to improve so you can finally get this Issue Fixed, Resolved, Validated and Closed.

Oh yeah, and Message to Frauderer: If you plan on making it to court this coming Saturday, don't forget to bring some Egg Salad for your personal baptism as Rafa's Turkey. For once I'm actually hoping you make it through your Cupcake draw and don't Chicken out, and come ready to play in the Semis. I'm already basting a fresh Turkey for next Saturday and I'm calling him "Muger" in honor of the HUMILIATION Rafa is going to inflict upon you given your recent classless and arrogant remarks.

Something tells me your Ego may override your common sense, Muger, and you might actually show up thinking you have a chance to win. :lol: I just can't wait.... :)

:superlol: Did you had a day without thinking about this nasty Frauderer?

romismak
03-11-2012, 11:58 PM
When i saw Mayer i thought he revenged that shamefull loss from Shanghai, but this is not that Mayer:D
I don´t know how anyone can jugde his form from this match, we will see how he will progress further in tournament, but no wonder that he will be doing fine here, IW courts always were great for him - i think IW are best possible HC for Nadal, slow but high bounce, that means he has both 2 major things here - slow means his deffense can be too much for anyone - guys like Federer will turn into error mode against him on such courts and high bounce - topspin effective, can dictate points.

Orka_n
03-12-2012, 12:00 AM
I'd have watched this match if Nadal was playing F. Mayer and not this mug Leo.

UsD.AnDreS
03-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Well.. after a dramatic loss in AO final and 5-6 weeks off - no 'rustyness' detected. That's not an indicator of a great form but at least a good sign, lets leave it on that

Mountaindewslave
03-12-2012, 01:40 AM
Nadal has great chances here. definitely one of his favorite hard court tournaments

swebright
03-12-2012, 01:46 AM
I expect Nadal to be in every final of the tournaments he entered this year ..........

BroTree123
03-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Lol @ haters expecting a Rafa slump and thinking Mayer had a chance here :superlol:.

Btw, what did they say at the net during the handshake?

selyoink
03-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Hilarious to see some of the Nadaltards act like Nadal is the favorite based off a win over Mayer. At least wait till he beats a real player.

Looner
03-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Lol @ haters expecting a Rafa slump and thinking Mayer had a chance here :superlol:.

Btw, what did they say at the net during the handshake?

L. Mayer: Will you ever stop wasting time and picking butt?
Nadull: Me true numero uno, no? I have rights to do whatever I please, no?

swebright
03-12-2012, 02:30 AM
real numero uno sans Nole, si?

Corey Feldman
03-12-2012, 03:04 AM
did Nadal even have to hit one BH today so slow this court was :zzz:

Nadal fanboy who runs this tournament pulling out all the stops for his boy

rocketassist
03-12-2012, 03:23 AM
here’s a thought: next time nadal plays or the surface doesn’t suit you, open a book or call a friend. mtf has enough sackless whiners as it is.

Bore off, clown. I had a great evening.

People have EVERY reason to complain about the courts. The anti-moaners are the ones who need to bore off.

allpro
03-12-2012, 03:32 AM
Bore off, clown. I had a great evening.

People have EVERY reason to complain about the courts. The anti-moaners are the ones who need to bore off.

nothing wrong with the occasional bitch session, but that's pretty much all you do.

rocketassist
03-12-2012, 04:15 AM
nothing wrong with the occasional bitch session, but that's pretty much all you do.

I believe I have good reason. Every court's slower than ass. It's boring and it's impossible to play attacking tennis and win. I complain when it's justified.

As I said in another thread, since Canas knocked off Fed in 07, IW and Miami have been nothing but shit quality errorfests on courts with sticky-as-shit bounces.

Monte Carlo hurry up.

Pirata.
03-12-2012, 04:18 AM

omg :haha:

BroTree123
03-12-2012, 04:30 AM

:o

Arkulari
03-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Rafa eats these guys for breakfast, so nothing new under the sun, he would have beaten Mayer in one leg :lol:

Clay Death
03-12-2012, 06:32 AM
i am still not happy with him.

moon language
03-12-2012, 07:41 AM
i am still not happy with him.

I guess not, you've now said that twice in this thread. I know times are tough but keep your chin up brombre, you'll get through this.

Clay Death
03-12-2012, 07:45 AM
I guess not, you've now said that twice in this thread. I know times are tough but keep your chin up brombre, you'll get through this.

:drink::haha:

Rovi
03-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Haters are going to hate:)Well done Rafa.Favorite to win the Indian Wells along with Djokovich.

Topspindoctor
03-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Nadal owns journeymen... Mayer, Federer... etc. The real test is final.

Fujee
03-12-2012, 11:07 AM
:smoke: too good this rafa

MariaV
03-12-2012, 11:34 AM
let it be known that clay death the destroyer is not happy with him.

i am simply not impressed. in fact, i am pissed.

What's up old sport, why so unhappy? :awww: :sad:

IMO it was good to see him back on court but let's see how he'll fare vs Nole 2.0.

samanosuke
03-12-2012, 02:10 PM
You just need to read this thread to understand why nadal tards are the dumbest from all tards. He was playing a guy who is brainless, useless, ballbashing and head case combo, against this type of player all top players playing just to get the job done but our rafito usually pumps yourself like is playing life depending match . Enough for his tards to gloat the Goat performance . Vamos

PS Good top see rafito improving return skills, the deepest one was on service line :yeah:

Nole fan
03-12-2012, 02:42 PM

Oh come on. Did you watch the match? Mayer was atrocious, he looked like a junior. He basically didn't do anything at all for a set and a half. Rafa didn't have to put any gear on. This match doesn't tell us a thing about Rafa's current level.

Chirag
03-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Oh come on. Did you watch the match? Mayer was atrocious, he looked like a junior. He basically didn't do anything at all for a set and a half. Rafa didn't have to put any gear on. This match doesn't tell us a thing about Rafa's current level.

I kinda agree with this

Start da Game
03-12-2012, 04:07 PM
nadal said he can hammer down 130 mph serves at will but it doesn't suit his game in these modern day conditions, takes away the rhythm of his overall game.....that's a clue to the clueless about what he is capable of if the surfaces were fast.....he would easily modify his game according to the requirements of fast courts.....i have never seen a better adapting player than rafa.....

who's his next opponent?

samanosuke
03-12-2012, 04:10 PM
nadal said he can hammer down 130 mph serves at will but it doesn't suit his game in these modern day conditions, takes away the rhythm of his overall game.....that's a clue to the clueless about what he is capable of if the surfaces were fast.....he would easily modify his game according to the requirements of fast courts.....i have never seen a better adapting player than rafa.....

:eek::eek: really amazing

Sonja1989
03-12-2012, 04:14 PM
who's his next opponent?

Granollers :sobbing:

Start da Game
03-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Granollers :sobbing:

so it's me vs you.....consolations in advance to you, dia...

@Sweet Cleopatra
03-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Vamos :bounce:

fsoica
03-12-2012, 08:39 PM

who's his next opponent?

omfg, i really wanna smoke what you're inhaling, mate...you're the most devoted tard ever. congrats !

Commander Data
03-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Djokess is gonna win like usual.

samanosuke
03-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Djokess is gonna win like usual.

no way. you clearly didn't read. nadal is back . ok, don't know back from where but we have to believe his tards

EddieNero
03-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Return of the return. Be afraid, clowns.