World no.104 Jaziri's WC given to world no. 867 Djokovic [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

World no.104 Jaziri's WC given to world no. 867 Djokovic

Pages : [1] 2

Ash86
02-26-2012, 08:53 PM
There's been a lot of discussion about the Marko Djokovic wildcard. Turns out it gets worse - Arab Malek Jaziri was to be given the WC and was told he would get it. He then got a call at 9pm Friday to say he should be ready for a qualifying match at 11am Saturday as he wouldn't be getting the WC anymore - that WC instead went to Djokovic. Disgraceful. More disgraceful on the part of the organisers as to how they handled it but also sounds like the Djokovic request came late in the day if they'd already promised Jaziri he'd get a WC.

http://www.sport360.com/opinion/malek-jaziris-disgraceful-wildcard-snub-dubai-slap-face-arab-tennis

The last minute decision to not award Arab No.1 tennis player Malek Jaziri a wild card entry into the main draw of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships is both shocking and disappointing.

The way the situation was handled, however, is flat out appalling. The Tunisian is currently less than an arm’s length away from cracking the top 100 in the ATP rankings - this week he is No.104 - and a good showing in Dubai would see him become only the fourth Arab player in the history of the ATP to feature in the top 100 and the first Arab to do so in eight years.

So imagine when the Arab world’s greatest prospect in almost a decade is denied a wild card from the region’s biggest tennis event and the player invited instead is world No.867 Marko Djokovic, Novak’s younger brother - who is over 700 ranking spots below Jaziri.

And imagine how the player feels after he was first informed he will get the wild card, before he received a call at 9pm Friday night telling him that is no longer the case and he will be playing his first qualifying match on Saturday morning at 11am.

On Friday afternoon, the press were told from the tournament’s PR that Jaziri was being awarded a wild card along with Sergei Bubka Jr. (son of the legendary pole vaulter) and UAE No.1 Omar Behrouzian.

All the journalists from the Arabic newspapers quickly took to their laptops to proudly relay the news there were going to be two Arabs in the main draw this year and many of the papers yesterday morning printed that news in the UAE and in Tunisia. They didn’t know about the 9pm phone call and like Jaziri, everyone was surprised.

The men’s tournament is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year and while its success has been a source of genuine pride for the Arab region, it’s disgraceful how business and relations take a front seat to what this event should essentially be about - sport.

Giving a player a 14-hour notice about a qualifying match is unacceptable and while Jaziri has no problem having to qualify, and he already won his first-round match comfortably, there are far better ways to handle last-minute “important” wild card requests than this.

It’s quite clear where the tournament’s priorities are at and frankly, it’s plain sad. We wonder why there are no top Arab players in tennis, and then we witness situations like this, where a professional and dedicated Tunisian has managed to shoot his way through the rankings with as little support as one can get; he’s qualified for a Grand Slam and won his first-round match; he’s won a Challenger title and countless Futures and he was two points away from beating Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Doha last month.

In short, he’s proved himself with every chance he’s got - but still none of that was suffice to warrant him a spot in the main draw in Dubai. If our very own tournaments are not giving our players the necessary support, then who will?

This week, the Championships could be celebrating two things, its 20th anniversary and the rise of an Arab player into the world’s top 100. Sadly, the latter feat is not being acknowledged by the tournament officials.

DomachowskaDreamer
02-26-2012, 08:54 PM
OMG :facepalm:

Smoke944
02-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Too bad Malek lost to Golubev.
But money talks, nothing new here.
Shame that the best Arabic player can't get a WC into the biggest Arabic tournament, though

Deathless Mortal
02-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Yeah, would be great if Jaziri beat Golubev and got the same spot in the MD to kick Marko's ass. Too bad it didn't happen :sad:

Smoke944
02-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Yeah, would be great if Jaziri beat Golubev and got the same spot in the MD to kick Marko's ass. Too bad it didn't happen :sad:

Agreed. Would have been fantastic. Finding out Friday night when he had to play Saturday morning is terrible, too.

guichard
02-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Tournament director and Dubai Duty Free Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications Salah Tahlak explained there are certain things the tournament has to take into consideration, which is why the younger Djokovic took precedence over the top Arab player.

“We had four wild cards, one of them wasn’t used because it’s only for top-20 players, so we had three left. So we gave the wild cards to Sergei Bubka Jr. who took it last year and did great so we gave it to him again. And then we have of course the Emirati Omar,” said Tahlak.

“Marko Djokovic is important to us because he is the brother of the No.1 player in the world. So that helps us, automatically. As a tournament we have other things to take into consideration.”

Tahlak added: “Novak only recommended that we include his brother in our tournament. We studied that request and we ultimately made the decision that serves the tournament’s best interests and therefore the interests of the players participating in it. We will never accept for anyone to interfere in our work.”

http://www.sport360.com/article/arab-no1-malek-jaziri-given-wild-card-snub-dubai-duty-free-tennis-championships

Ash86
02-26-2012, 09:02 PM
“Marko Djokovic is important to us because he is the brother of the No.1 player in the world. So that helps us, automatically. As a tournament we have other things to take into consideration.”

Tahlak added: “Novak only recommended that we include his brother in our tournament. We studied that request and we ultimately made the decision that serves the tournament’s best interests and therefore the interests of the players participating in it. We will never accept for anyone to interfere in our work.”

http://www.sport360.com/article/arab-no1-malek-jaziri-given-wild-card-snub-dubai-duty-free-tennis-championships

Unbelievable! How the hell does a tournament which has 8 of the world's top 10, including Federer, Murray, Djokovic, Del Potro and Tsonga (!!!) need Marko Djokovic to "serve the interests of the tournament" better?! :confused: The Djokovics should apologise to Jaziri - that first round prize money and opportunity to play in front of an Arab crowd should have been Jaziri's - not Marko's.

nadejda
02-26-2012, 09:02 PM
:facepalm:

Snowwy
02-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Who brings more fans and get talked about more? That is all this is about.

MuzzahLovah
02-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Neptomism at its most annoying. I mean, if Marko was half way decent- but 800?

LisaKoh
02-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Yow! It gets worse! Well, let's hope the negative press from this debacle dissuades the Djokovics from trying something like this again. Gotta pity Malek but it sounds like he won't be needing WCs in the future because he's good enough for GS main draws. Argh, it's lose-lose for all parties.

Johnny Groove
02-26-2012, 09:08 PM
$urely there i$ a rea$on the director$ would pull $uch a $tunt.

"Other con$ideration$" my a$$.

nadejda
02-26-2012, 09:09 PM
it still amazes me they not only hand Marko the WC but also put hum on center court :rolleyes:

Lee
02-26-2012, 09:10 PM

Just look at how many threads in GM talking about this instead of DelPo winning Marseille today :lol:

Aenea
02-26-2012, 09:11 PM

stupid yet arrogant people. that's why you are ruled so easily by other nations.

:facepalm: on Novak's part

Ash86
02-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Makes you wonder which other tournaments might have had a request made on Marko's behalf but turned down the Djokovic's...

Arkin
02-26-2012, 09:21 PM
this is getting embarrassing for djoko

Jovard
02-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Like that Jaziri could have won a match or something :rolleyes: Better gave that WC whose name helps to sell tickets. I believe there are plenty of Nole's fans who go there to support his bro.

Time Violation
02-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Unbelievable! How the hell does a tournament which has 8 of the world's top 10, including Federer, Murray, Djokovic, Del Potro and Tsonga (!!!) need Marko Djokovic to "serve the interests of the tournament" better?! :confused: The Djokovics should apologise to Jaziri - that first round prize money and opportunity to play in front of an Arab crowd should have been Jaziri's - not Marko's.

If I'm not mistaken, Nadal as world #1 never played in Dubai, right? And do you think 8 of the top 10 would come there, if it were not the big $$$ involved - or do you think they went there to promote tennis purely on good will? :p

Aenea
02-26-2012, 09:27 PM
this is getting embarrassing for djoko

for organizers even more so IMO.

Javi
02-26-2012, 09:27 PM
This is shameful :facepalm:
I hope this mug will be trashed by Golubev

Amber Spyglass
02-26-2012, 09:29 PM
To be fair, the Djokovic's wouldn't have known that the WC's were already "unofficially" given out when they asked for one. But seriously why are they even bothering asking? Golubev is way above his standard and he'll probably just get totally embarrassed out there. I mean can you not ask for a wild card into qualifying? Because that would probably give more beneficial matches, given his level. To someone who asked, I don't think he'd have bothered with many ATP Tour level tournaments but I heard a couple of months ago that he asked some Turkish player friend of his, to ask the Turkish federation about a wildcard into some futures or challenger or something in Turkey. Novak's said in the past that apparently Marko was injured for a long time which really slowed down his development but I don't know, I think at 20, it might be time to call it a day if it's not working out some bit at least...

Ash86
02-26-2012, 09:32 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Nadal as world #1 never played in Dubai, right? And do you think 8 of the top 10 would come there, if it were not the big $$$ involved - or do you think they went there to promote tennis purely on good will? :p

What's that got to do with it? Nadal played it in the past and doesn't anymore - no big deal when Dubai has Fed, Djoko etc. It's a 500 after all - you don't expect all top 4 players to be there. And of course those top 10 players are there because Dubai offers the most money - that's not odd. But they don't need to give a WC to Djokovic to sell tickets - the tickets will have sold due to the players who have already shown they can play well i.e. the top 10 players - no one will be buying a ticket to see Novak's brother specially.

They supposedly gave Bubka (ranked lower than Jaziri) a WC because he did well last year yet don't think it would make sense to give a WC to an ARab player who's on the verge of breaking the top 100 and has had a win the main draw of a Grand Slam. Jaziri fits the usual criteria of a WC perfectly and the Arab connection would make it a no-brainer.

jmjhb
02-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Corruption in Dubai? Now there's a surprise.

Dupuis2006
02-26-2012, 09:33 PM
That is horrible/disgusting!

ZaZoo)
02-26-2012, 09:34 PM
If you want to blame someone blame organizers, as they said, Djoko only recommended putting Marko in draw, it was their decision in the end. He could also be easily rejected like for that Turkish futures or wherever..

And I'm just amused how many trolls are coming out of woodworks, suddenly so concerned about Jaziri and who'll get to lose to Golubev between him and Marko. :facepalm:

DemiCrayanhan
02-26-2012, 09:35 PM
well, maybe djoko junior pulls a butt muscle while sleeping tonight so the real wildcard holder can still play tomorrow. andy's there so he'll help the guy out.

Amber Spyglass
02-26-2012, 09:35 PM
What's that got to do with it? Nadal played it in the past and doesn't anymore - no big deal when Dubai has Fed, Djoko etc. It's a 500 after all - you don't expect all top 4 players to be there. And of course those top 10 players are there because Dubai offers the most money - that's not odd. But they don't need to give a WC to Djokovic to sell tickets - the tickets will have sold due to the players who have already shown they can play well i.e. the top 10 players - no one will be buying a ticket to see Novak's brother specially.

They supposedly gave Bubka (ranked lower than Jaziri) a WC because he did well last year yet don't think it would make sense to give a WC to an ARab player who's on the verge of breaking the top 100 and has had a win the main draw of a Grand Slam. Jaziri fits the usual criteria of a WC perfectly and the Arab connection would make it a no-brainer.

That was probably 10% what he did last year and 90% who his father is and his girlfriend being Azarenka. So same situation as Marko only, he obviously has a more justifiable ranking.

LawrenceOfTennis
02-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Things never change.

shuhrat
02-26-2012, 09:42 PM
As much as I thought Nole shouldn't have requested a WC for his brother from the first moment I heard the news, the way that some are trying to use this as an opportunity to bash Nole is kinda funny. So it's OK that a top seed requests a WC for his hitting partner/buddy who is ranked around 700+~800. When it comes to Nole and his brother, it's a serious affair. Obviously the TD didn't handle the situations well, but in the end it's his business and his problem, not Nole's.

it still amazes me they not only hand Marko the WC but also put hum on center court :rolleyes:
But you'd love to watch Marko get destroyed, wouldn't you?

Just look at how many threads in GM talking about this instead of DelPo winning Marseille today :lol:
Even though I totally agree that this should have never happened in the first place and Malek deserved the WC, I have to wonder how many would've paid attention to Malek-Golubev match.

Amber Spyglass
02-26-2012, 09:44 PM
This is totally the tournament's fault though. Djokovic has the right to ask, but it is very unprofessional of the tournament to go around whispering to players that they're getting the WC(before the final official announcement) only to retract it then and give such short notice before their qualifying match. Dubai should have just kept their mouth shut before the final decision was made and Jaziri would have been a lot less pissed than he ended up...

LocoPorElTenis
02-26-2012, 09:44 PM
People trying to defend the indefensible :facepalm:

rutinos harcos
02-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Makes you wonder which other tournaments might have had a request made on Marko's behalf but turned down the Djokovic's...

If you want to blame someone blame organizers, as they said, Djoko only recommended putting Marko in draw, it was their decision in the end. He could also be easily rejected like for that Turkish futures or wherever..

And I'm just amused how many trolls are coming out of woodworks, suddenly so concerned about Jaziri and who'll get to lose to Golubev between him and Marko. :facepalm:
As if they even knew who Jaziri was before all this.Top entertainment at MTF.

nadejda
02-26-2012, 09:45 PM
But you'd love to watch Marko get destroyed, wouldn't you?

no, actually, I have no intention to watch this match at all :rolleyes:

iriraz
02-26-2012, 09:47 PM
It`s really frustrating to hear when someone who isn`t really a professional player gets a WC into a professional tournament just because he has good connections or is related to someone famous in the sport.

shuhrat
02-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Fair enough. I believe there are lots of those though.

LawrenceOfTennis
02-26-2012, 09:49 PM

Same with me.

Deathless Mortal
02-26-2012, 09:50 PM

Not all of us follow only the top players, you know :rolleyes:

LawrenceOfTennis
02-26-2012, 09:53 PM

+1.

DemiCrayanhan
02-26-2012, 09:56 PM

ditto. not to mention i was actually highly entertained by Jaziri in Doha vs. Tsonga. he's got talent for sure.

Ash86
02-26-2012, 09:58 PM

Ummm... actually I did. I watched Doha this year closely and remember the Tsonga/Jaziri match. There are players beyond the top 10.

The tournament directors are more to blame but it is also clear that the request for the WC must have come late on if they'd already told Jaziri he could have it - why did Novak & co leave it so late? The Djokovics are not completely blameless and for posters at MTF to pretend that everyone would do the same is ridiculous.

Here's poor Jaziri's reaction:

World No.104 Malek Jaziri won his first qualifying round on Saturday morning at the Dubai Duty Freen Tennis Championship after the Tunisian was informed he was not getting a wildcard into the main draw only 14 hours before his match.

Jaziri defeated Oman’s Mohammed Al Nabhani 6-1, 6-2 and faces former world No.33, Kazakhstan’s Andrey Golubev, Sunday morning for a spot in the main line-up.

However, the 28-year-old admits he was disappointed after originally being told he would be bypassing the qualifiers. Instead, tournament organisers handed the remaining wildcard to world No.1 Novak Djokovic’s brother Marko, who is ranked 763 places lower than Jaziri.

“I have no problem playing qualifying rounds, my tennis speaks for itself, but where is the respect for the player?” Jaziri told Sport360°. “Finding out the night before that I have to play the next morning, that is not right. Everyone understood I had got it, and even the newspapers in Tunisia printed this morning that I got the wild card, because they didn’t know about the last-minute change. In Europe, the countries’ federations help their own players, as the No1 Arab player, I expected a little bit more.”

While no formal announcement was made about the wild cards until Saturday afternoon’s draw ceremony at the Majlis at the Aviation Club, news of Jaziri getting a wild card - along with UAE No.1 Omar Behrouzian and Ukrainian world No158 Sergei Bubka Jr. - had been revealed earlier on Friday in the press room through a tournament PR official, while Jaziri had got the news via a phone call from his contact at Tennis Emirates.

Tennis Emirates is the federation in the UAE that handles wild card requests from other Arab federations and Jaziri’s contact says he had been informed from the tournament organisers the Tunisian would receive a wild card.

But when the order of play came out Friday night, Jaziri found he was no longer getting the wild card into the singles main draw, only the doubles, something he had not even requested.

Tournament director and Dubai Duty Free Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications Salah Tahlak explained there are certain things the tournament has to take into consideration, which is why the younger Djokovic took precedence over the top Arab player.

“We had four wild cards, one of them wasn’t used because it’s only for top-20 players, so we had three left. So we gave the wild cards to Sergei Bubka Jr. who took it last year and did great so we gave it to him again. And then we have of course the Emirati Omar,” said Tahlak.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 09:58 PM
I just love how people are "outraged" over this, yet had Fed or Rafa requested WC for their friends/hitting partners (both of whom have done this I am 100% certain) back in Switzerland or Spain, nobody would say a thing. Had Dubai given a WC to some guy ranked 500, nobody would say a thing. This whole "outrage" is JUST because the WC was given not Nole's brother. That's it. If Dubai gave a WC to another player ranked 867 over Jaziri, nobody would know or even care.

EliSter
02-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Cry me a river...

Sapeod
02-26-2012, 10:02 PM
This isn't surprising. The Djokovic family are a bunch of pricks and are, along with Nadal and his uncle, the biggest disease in this sport. Of course the tournament is going to give them what they want. Djokovic is the world #1, rememeber? Ha, what a joke.

That said, it will be funny watching Marko getting destroyed by whoever he plays. I hope it's a brutal defeat.

Amber Spyglass
02-26-2012, 10:03 PM
I just love how people are "outraged" over this, yet had Fed or Rafa requested WC for their friends/hitting partners (both of whom have done this I am 100% certain) back in Switzerland or Spain, nobody would say a thing. Had Dubai given a WC to some guy ranked 500, nobody would say a thing. This whole "outrage" is JUST because the WC was given not Nole's brother. That's it. If Dubai gave a WC to another player ranked 867 over Jaziri, nobody would know or even care.

Did Nadal get a WC for Marc Lopez in singles? I thought he was just a doubles player.

Sapeod
02-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Cry me a river...
Marko is ranked in the 800s. He has no right being in these tournaments, he belongs in futures events. Jaziri is ranked just outside the top 100 and has a better reason for getting the wildcard. You know, the fact that he's ranked 700 places above that waste of space. Do you understand that at all?

zcess81
02-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Anyway, it was as I suspected. Nole asked, organizers took the decision. It was 100% their call. There is no way that Nole (or even Fed) can demand WC from Dubai tournament. Those guys have way too much money (and money = power). Best Nole (or Fed/Nadal) can do is ask, and in return for the favor, Dubai organizers quoted Don Corleone to Nole:

Don Corleone: Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, consider this a gift...

Rita
02-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Lol at the Djokovic apologists

Receipts or it didn't happen.
And if even if it did you are seriously kidding yourself in thinking that no one on mtf would call them out.

shuhrat
02-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Did Nadal get a WC for Marc Lopez in singles? I thought he was just a doubles player.
2010 Bangkok http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Marc-Lopez.aspx?t=pa&y=2010&m=s&e=0#

Edit: I'm not saying this can justify anything. And if Nole believes these WCs will do any favour for Marko's career, he should think again.

fast_clay
02-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Neptomism at its most annoying. I mean, if Marko was half way decent- but 800?

:spit: wtf

hmmm... you don't watch much tennis do you... an in form jaziri could get around a solid golubev, but even an average jaziri could expect to lay the smackdown on the golubev of the last 12 months... you know that foolish people can make themselves appear clever by saying nothing at all right...? you give yourself away with posts like these...

in any case, djokovic should have better sense than to throw his far too green brother to the wolves like this... and definitely should have more respect for his fellow tour professionals...

it is little wonder his only friends on tour are serbian...

LisaKoh
02-26-2012, 10:13 PM

I know that Federer got a couple for Koubek (his good buddy) and for Del Potro when Del Potro was younger. In doubles he also got a couple for Allegro but then he would also play with Yves so Yves would get some extra income. To be fair though, he got one for JMDP because he thought the guy was very talented and he was proven correct because Del Po went on to lose to Gonzalez in the QFs in Basel that year. Koubek was a decent player who was top 20 once so it's not as if the guy couldn't play tennis on the professional level. Yves Allegro was Federer's DC partner and he was #32 in doubles so the guy had good results too.

Anyway it's a tricky thing and it's difficult to judge Nole for doing something for his brother who I am sure he loves very much. If the reports are correct that Marko has decided to give his pro career only until this year before pursuing his studies, then Novak is just being a supportive brother.

Again, as I said, it's lose-lose for everybody involved. Novak's trying to do something good for his family, Malek wants the opportunity to boost his ranking.. How do you judge something like that?

BigJohn
02-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Noletards defending this outrageous decision. Disgusting.

You guys would defend Nole should he form an alliance with Cthulhu to increase his 2nd serve % and play doubles.

It's all good, he's the #1 player in the world, he's the king of tennis, he's entitled. Everybody would do the same thing.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 10:18 PM
I know that Federer got a couple for Koubek (his good buddy) and for Del Potro when Del Potro was younger. In doubles he also got a couple for Allegro but then he would also play with Yves so Yves would get some extra income. To be fair though, he got one for JMDP because he thought the guy was very talented and he was proven correct because Del Po went on to lose to Gonzalez in the QFs in Basel that year. Koubek was a decent player who was top 20 once so it's not as if the guy couldn't play tennis on the professional level. Yves Allegro was Federer's DC partner and he was #32 in doubles so the guy had good results too.

Anyway it's a tricky thing and it's difficult to judge Nole for doing something for his brother who I am sure he loves very much. If the reports are correct that Marko has decided to give his pro career only until this year before pursuing his studies, then Novak is just being a supportive brother.

Again, as I said, it's lose-lose for everybody involved. Novak's trying to do something good for his family, Malek wants the opportunity to boost his ranking.. How do you judge something like that?

Yes, but Federer did ask for WC. Doesn't matter what the ranking is, Fed still (like Nole) asked organizers to give WC to his friends. Everyone on MTF is having a meltdown simply because Nole ASKED organizers to consider his brother.

LisaKoh
02-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Noletards defending this outrageous decision. Disgusting.

You guys would defend Nole should he form an alliance with Cthulhu to increase his 2nd serve % and play doubles.

Hah! Lovecraft in a tennis post. I love it.

zcess81 As I said, it's a pretty common practice that top players will ask for WCs from TDs who are willing to accommodate them. That's why I'm not really judging Nole because I know it would be hypocritical for me to do so because my favorite players have done the same thing.

Edited to add: I would form an alliance with Cthulhu to play doubles. We'd never lose!

Ash86
02-26-2012, 10:22 PM
If Dubai gave a WC to another player ranked 867 over Jaziri, nobody would know or even care.

Yes they would because there would be some reason similar to this that it would have happened i.e. someone famous/connected would have got the wildcard & it would have stood out when it had already been reported that the Tunisian player was to get the WC.

As for Fed/Rafa getting their friends WCs - I'm sure they have done but never in an ATP 500 which is so prestigious and probably not where there were so many other players vying for a place. Rafa's got WCs into doubles, as has Fed. Rafa got Marc Lopez a WC in the Bangkok draw last year but a) that's an ATP 250 where much fewer top players played and b) Lopez, though at the time ranked low because he hadn't played singles for a while, is still a decent player with a high doubles ranking (a former RG doubles QF-ist, masters wins in doubles with Nadal etc.) and had been at the edge of top 100 at his best singles ranking i.e. someone who's a proven player and has participated well on the ATP tour in the past. Nothing like Marko.

I'll be interested to see if the press ask Novak about this tomorrow after his match - you'd imagine they would given the coverage in Dubai about the debacle.

EliSter
02-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Marko is ranked in the 800s. He has no right being in these tournaments, he belongs in futures events. Jaziri is ranked just outside the top 100 and has a better reason for getting the wildcard. You know, the fact that he's ranked 700 places above that waste of space. Do you understand that at all?

Say u host ATP tournament...and u get much cash in it. And u have to chosse wild card between Djokovic bro and Jaziri...and u think hmmm...yeah Jaziri is better ranker player but Djokovic name gona bring me more cash and ppl in stands. Do you understand that at all?

zcess81

In any profession, one man's loss is another man's gain (or vice versa). It happens all the time. More talented, more qualified do not necessarily get the job. Right or wrong, that's just the way it is.

Pirata.

This is a bullshit excuse. The tournament already has Federer, not to mention Murray, Tsonga, Delpo...I'm sure they would make plenty of money and fans on their own if Novak decided not to play.

Snowwy
Corruption in Dubai? Now there's a surprise.

That is horrible/disgusting!

Not at all.

Even though I totally agree that this should have never happened in the first place and Malek deserved the WC, I have to wonder how many would've paid attention to Malek-Golubev match.

Exactly

People trying to defend the indefensible :facepalm:
You posting in here shows that it was a good choice and we all know you will try to post the match result thread also to get the v-cash. Would you have done that if it were Jazari/Golubev?

Snowwy
02-26-2012, 10:26 PM
This is a bullshit excuse. The tournament already has Federer, not to mention Murray, Tsonga, Delpo...I'm sure they would make plenty of money and fans on their own.

Would you rather have 10M dollars or 11M dollars? Your argument is terrible, it sounds like the argument players make against other athletes that hold out.

Aenea
02-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Say u host ATP tournament...and u get much cash in it. And u have to chosse wild card between Djokovic bro and Jaziri...and u think hmmm...yeah Jaziri is better ranker player but Djokovic name gona bring me more cash and ppl in stands. Do you understand that at all?

But how exactly a 800+ ranked player would be a big draw? This is I don't understand. You think only because he's named Djokovic people would rush to the stadium to watch him live? Really? I don't think so.

LocoPorElTenis
02-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Yes, but Federer did ask for WC. Doesn't matter what the ranking is, Fed still (like Nole) asked organizers to give WC to his friends. Everyone on MTF is having a meltdown simply because Nole ASKED organizers to consider his brother.

It matters A LOT what the ranking is. Not the ranking itself but whether the player belongs in the level of the tournament at all. That's the point, it's completely ridiculous that Marko Djokovic is in a 500 main draw (with a masters level lineup), a WC at a low level challenger would be already pushing it but maybe ok occasionally.

Amber Spyglass
02-26-2012, 10:28 PM
2010 Bangkok http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Marc-Lopez.aspx?t=pa&y=2010&m=s&e=0#

Edit: I'm not saying this can justify anything. And if Nole believes these WCs will do any favour for Marko's career, he should think again.

Thanks, hadn't known that.

scarecrows
02-26-2012, 10:29 PM

he's a very good player with an exciting game

shut up when you are clueless

scarecrows
02-26-2012, 10:30 PM
first rounds in Dubai have 40-50 people in the stands, mostly tourists
wont be a big revenue for the event having Marco Djokovic play at 2PM on monday

Johnny Groove
02-26-2012, 10:31 PM
In Nole's shoes, I wouldn't even ask for such a wild card. At rank 867, he should be playing futures, MAYBE Challenger qualies, but no more than that.

Gotta earn your way up.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Yes they would because there would be some reason similar to this that it would have happened i.e. someone famous/connected would have got the wildcard & it would have stood out when it had already been reported that the Tunisian player was to get the WC.

As for Fed/Rafa getting their friends WCs - I'm sure they have done but never in an ATP 500 which is so prestigious and probably not where there were so many other players vying for a place. Rafa's got WCs into doubles, as has Fed. Rafa got Marc Lopez a WC in the Bangkok draw last year but a) that's an ATP 250 where much fewer top players played and b) Lopez, though at the time ranked low because he hadn't played singles for a while, is still a decent player with a high doubles ranking (a former RG doubles QF-ist, masters wins in doubles with Nadal etc.) and had been at the edge of top 100 at his best singles ranking i.e. someone who's a proven player and has participated well on the ATP tour in the past. Nothing like Marko.

I'll be interested to see if the press ask Novak about this tomorrow after his match - you'd imagine they would given the coverage in Dubai about the debacle.

It makes no difference if you do it in ATP 250, ATP 500, or even a grand slam. It is either right or it's wrong. It makes no difference if Rafa's or Fed's friends were higher ranked then Marko...they asked and therefore still "influenced" (according to MTF that is) organizers' decision, who might have picked someone else.

rutinos harcos
02-26-2012, 10:33 PM
This isn't surprising. The Djokovic family are a bunch of pricks and are, along with Nadal and his uncle, the biggest disease in this sport. Of course the tournament is going to give them what they want. Djokovic is the world #1, rememeber? Ha, what a joke.

That said, it will be funny watching Marko getting destroyed by whoever he plays. I hope it's a brutal defeat.
So young and so much hate.I expect great things from you,wonderful future awaits you.

samanosuke
02-26-2012, 10:34 PM
why nole tards trying to find reasonable explanations for this ? be a man and say nole is number 1, has the the name and can make the requests . i don't see anything weird and unusual in helping to his born brother . just feel sick from bunch of shits that i am reading here like will promote the tournament etc... how the fuck 3 or 4 games against Golubev will promote the tournament

EliSter
02-26-2012, 10:37 PM
But how exactly a 800+ ranked player would be a big draw? This is I don't understand. You think only because he's named Djokovic people would rush to the stadium to watch him live? Really? I don't think so.

I think so. If Fed or Nadal had bro playing like this, intrest in that match would be big...and as u can see on boards ppl are talking almost only about this...and tomorrow when match gona be televised more ppl will watch it..so please ur arguments fail. Good name bring u benefits and cash.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 10:37 PM
It matters A LOT what the ranking is. Not the ranking itself but whether the player belongs in the level of the tournament at all. That's the point, it's completely ridiculous that Marko Djokovic is in a 500 main draw (with a masters level lineup), a WC at a low level challenger would be already pushing it but maybe ok occasionally.

It's up to the organizers to pick whoever they like. I see no difference between Fed or Rafa asking a WC for one of their friends ranked 32, or Nole asking a WC for his brother ranked 867. If Nole is wrong to ask, so are Fed and Rafa. Yes, Marko is way, way under qualified to be in Dubai, but I just don't get how any of this is Nole's fault. he asked. Organizers took made the decision. Like I said, If he is wrong to ask ANY player is wrong to ask, and that includes Nadal and Fed, both of whom have done this for their friends before.

LocoPorElTenis
02-26-2012, 10:38 PM
You posting in here shows that it was a good choice and we all know you will try to post the match result thread also to get the v-cash. Would you have done that if it were Jazari/Golubev?

I certainly hope Marko D is double bageled and will follow the score in hope that it will humiliate the organizers... how does that make it a good decision?

EliSter
02-26-2012, 10:39 PM
why nole tards trying to find reasonable explanations for this ? be a man and say nole is number 1, has the the name and can make the requests . i don't see anything weird and unusual in helping to his born brother . just feel sick from bunch of shits that i am reading here like will promote the tournament etc... how the fuck 3 or 4 games against Golubev will promote the tournament

Yeah it his bro and he did that for him. But he didnt said ' Yes Marko will play or u all gona die by Serb mafia' it was organizers decision of WC, he just sugested

LocoPorElTenis
02-26-2012, 10:42 PM
It's up to the organizers to pick whoever they like. I see no difference between Fed or Rafa asking a WC for one of their friends ranked 32, or Nole asking a WC for his brother ranked 867. If Nole is wrong to ask, so are Fed and Rafa. Yes, Marko is way, way under qualified to be in Dubai, but I just don't get how any of this is Nole's fault. he asked. Organizers took made the decision. Like I said, If he is wrong to ask ANY player is wrong to ask, and that includes Nadal and Fed, both of whom have done this for their friends before.

When Nole asked for a WC for Marko to a challenger in Turkey I thought it wasn't great but didn't see it as a big deal. Same if Fed or Rafa or anyone else uses their influence to get a WC for a friend for a tournament in which the WC makes sense.

By the way I blame the organizers, not Nole... I really don't think this helps Marko's career at all so I don't see why Nole asked for a WC, but it is the organizers who blew it, badly.

rutinos harcos
02-26-2012, 10:42 PM
:spit: wtf

hmmm... you don't watch much tennis do you... an in form jaziri could get around a solid golubev, but even an average jaziri could expect to lay the smackdown on the golubev of the last 12 months... you know that foolish people can make themselves appear clever by saying nothing at all right...? you give yourself away with posts like these...

in any case, djokovic should have better sense than to throw his far too green brother to the wolves like this... and definitely should have more respect for his fellow tour professionals...

it is little wonder his only friends on tour are serbian...
Thank you for being so concerned about Nole's social life.It's so nice of you.

Amber Spyglass
02-26-2012, 10:43 PM
In Nole's shoes, I wouldn't even ask for such a wild card. At rank 867, he should be playing futures, MAYBE Challenger qualies, but no more than that.

Gotta earn your way up.

He has played them, in between injury lay offs. Never had any results there either. I don't understand it really. He was one of Novak's hitting partners last year at Wimbledon, was practising with him again in the fall and was with him for his whole off-season prep before Aussie Open and now this week in Dubai. I'm not sure what the family's plan is here? Practise with someone as good as Novak as much as you can(now that time is running out) and hope that your level improves dramatically and soon before his window of making a career in tennis closes?Don't know, but I don't see much hope.

Ash86
02-26-2012, 10:44 PM
It makes no difference if you do it in ATP 250, ATP 500, or even a grand slam. It is either right or it's wrong. It makes no difference if Rafa's or Fed's friends were higher ranked then Marko...they asked and therefore still "influenced" (according to MTF that is) organizers' decision, who might have picked someone else.

Yes it does. The point is to use your common sense & consider whether there would be any chance at all of that player ever getting in on merit. Asking to consider someone who would make sense in the draw and has the necessary capabilities is different to asking to consider someone who belongs a million miles away from that company. It shows a lack of respect for the quality of the tournament and the quality of the opposition. Asking for a WC to a future would make more sense with regards to Marko.

And of course how important the tournament is matters - the more prestigious it is the more players are usually vying for that extra spot usually.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 10:45 PM
When Nole asked for a WC for Marko to a challenger in Turkey I thought it wasn't great but didn't see it as a big deal. Same if Fed or Rafa or anyone else uses their influence to get a WC for a friend for a tournament in which the WC makes sense.

By the way I blame the organizers, not Nole... I really don't think this helps Marko's career at all so I don't see why Nole asked for a WC, but it is the organizers who blew it, badly.

I agree, this doesn't help Marko's career. The truth is, Marko is 20, if he was gonna make it as a tennis player, he'd have had something to show for it by now. I think deep down Nole knows this, he's just trying to give his brother a little taste of tennis pro's life before reality sinks in and Marko will have to seek another career. That's my opinion.

alexocfp
02-26-2012, 10:46 PM
my question is how does this help his brothers tennis development? Isn't it better to be competitive in the challengers and futures than be thrown in the deep end of the pool and potentially get embarrassed?

I remember the usta doing this with donald young, giving him undeserved wild cards to main draws and look how the losses piled up.

Singularity
02-26-2012, 10:49 PM
The point is it was most likely the wrong decision for Marko. I don't see how getting destroyed in the first round is going to do anything to help his game. Wild cards should be given to players who show significant potential that isn't yet reflected in their ranking, not to players who have failed to compete even at the futures level.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Yes it does. The point is to use your common sense & consider whether there would be any chance at all of that player ever getting in on merit. Asking to consider someone who would make sense in the draw and has the necessary capabilities is different to asking to consider someone who belongs a million miles away from that company. It shows a lack of respect for the quality of the tournament and the quality of the opposition. Asking for a WC to a future would make more sense with regards to Marko.

And of course how important the tournament is matters - the more prestigious it is the more players are usually vying for that extra spot usually.

100% disagree. If it is wrong for Nole to ask it is wrong for ANY player to ask a WC for their friends/family, regardless of ranking. If Fed's or Rafa's friends "make sense in the draw and has the necessary capabilities" why even ask? Players should either be allowed to make recommendations/ask or not.

Lee
02-26-2012, 10:52 PM
I agree, this doesn't help Marko's career. The truth is, Marko is 20, if he was gonna make it as a tennis player, he'd have had something to show for it by now. I think deep down Nole knows this, he's just trying to give his brother a little taste of tennis pro's life before reality sinks in and Marko will have to seek another career. That's my opinion.

I suspect nole asking the WC for Marko as a farewell fling of his bro.

Ash86
02-26-2012, 10:55 PM
100% disagree. If it is wrong for Nole to ask it is wrong for ANY player to ask a WC for their friends/family, regardless of ranking. If Fed's or Rafa's friends "make sense in the draw and has the necessary capabilities" why even ask? Players should either be allowed to make recommendations/ask or not.

Well we can agree to disagree then. I think some sense should be shown - Fed saw Del Po was promising and suggested that maybe this guy could benefit from it. Djokovic suggested his brother needed something to do with his morning.

alexocfp
02-26-2012, 10:56 PM
I agree 100% though that if you have a gripe it is with the organizers and not novak. If i remember, he asked some tournament in turkey to give his brother a wc and was rejected.

Nathaliia
02-26-2012, 10:58 PM
So apparently its easier for nole to push the bro into dubai atp than turkey futures

and seriously wtf. What is next. Fed says he will play a tournament if his girl twins get WCs too?

rutinos harcos
02-26-2012, 11:00 PM
he's a very good player with an exciting game

shut up when you are clueless
Yes,I'm sure he's electrifying and now kindly STFU.

shuhrat
02-26-2012, 11:17 PM
One thing that I don't understand is that Nole probably knew how it feels to have to go through the tough road, from futures to challengers and numerous qualifyings by himself, while seeing some of his friends get relatively easier ride via WCs because of their nationalities and management, etc.. I thought he was one of the best examples to prove that hard way will be end up being paid off in whatever forms and it's a commendable thing. Guess he doesn't think so.

I suspect nole asking the WC for Marko as a farewell fling of his bro.I almost hope you're right. :o

Ash86
02-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Novak's response:

http://www.sport360.com/article/arab-no1-malek-jaziri-suffers-disappointing-loss-dubai-duty-free-tennis-championships

Novak Djokovic however says he was not aware that any other player was in line for the wild card and that his brother’s request was made well in advance.

“No I was not aware of that but our request was given I think a month and a half ago, so it was a long time ago that we requested it,” said the world No1.

“We managed to get him (Marko) a wild card here in Dubai and I’m very thankful to the organisers for giving him an opportunity to play.

“It’s going to be the biggest match of his career, he’s been struggling with injuries in the last couple of years, but this is an opportunity he can use. He can prove himself.

“He had surgery that took him off the circuit for ten months last year and now he’s back and he’s trying to raise his level of confidence and one win at a tournament level like this one can meet a lot for him.”

Why they decided to give him the WC on Friday if the request was made apparently a month and a half ago who knows? As for raising confidence surely going and winning some futures and challengers would do that than being most likely embarrassed here? They'd know there was a chance he could have come up against Federer or Murray or even Novak himself? Playing that level of player doesn't help your confidence IMO. :shrug:

Agrajag
02-26-2012, 11:19 PM
I don't like Djokovic at all, but if it's true that he just asked, this is not his fault. Everyone that has a brother or sister would try to help them. I know I would if I was in his shoes.

This is all on the organizers.

So sick of people in here talking trash every single time a top player says or does something out of ordinary. When Nadal wants a 2 year ranking for the benefit of everyone, please bash away. This, and the thing Nadal said about Djokovic the other day is just nothing.

A_Skywalker
02-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Shame on the Dubai directors, the whole Djokovic family is disgusting.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 11:23 PM
I believe he qualified the favoritism of the family as 3rd world... Your personal sensitivities transferred it to the whole of Serbia.

Hehe now who's being naive.

habibko
02-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Why they decided to give him the WC on Friday if the request was made apparently a month and a half ago who knows?

either Jaziri is lying or Djokovic

not hard to pick whom to believe

Nathaliia
02-26-2012, 11:24 PM
first rounds in Dubai have 40-50 people in the stands, mostly tourists
wont be a big revenue for the event having Marco Djokovic play at 2PM on monday

exactly.

Jaziri is known in Arab countries and i dont know why anyone supposes marko would get more crowd. After Jaziri some journalists from Arab countries would come and write a column, promote sport in the region more etc. I doubt they will het more journos coming because of young nole.

Also, for a player like Jaziri a 1round money is crucial.
this could help him pay the coach and travel to tournaments... I thought Arabs were more united.

KaiserT
02-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Hopefully Golubev is randomly clinical and double bagels the twerp, and the kid trudges off court sobbing.

rocketassist
02-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Shows why tennis has gone down the hill.

All about the top players end of. More interested in other sports.

BigJohn
02-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Hehe now who's being naive.

Perhaps sensitivities was not le mot juste. ;)

zcess81
02-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Shows why tennis has gone down the hill.

All about the top players end of. More interested in other sports.

What, like football? Don't make me laugh. Tennis is pure compared to football.

SheepleBuster
02-26-2012, 11:28 PM
I really lost a lot of respect for Djokovic for this. Novak should tell his brother that not everyone gets to be a tennis player and the world still needs janitors, fast food servers, and things like that. Or he could go to college. But no. Let's be racist and f Jaziri and all arabs who may have decent skills to qualify or get WC to these tournaments.

rocketassist
02-26-2012, 11:29 PM
What, like football? Don't make me laugh. Tennis is pure compared to football.

Both of them are all about glamour and money. At least in football though the third division standard you can actually go and watch on your doorstep.

Featherer
02-26-2012, 11:30 PM
A famous historical figur once said: "There is no such thing as bad publicity."

You all can protest by not watching the Djokovic match - and that of the other Djokovic as well.
Or better; don't watch the whole tournament!
Well, I'm kidding. Marko will win the Dubai tournament and if you miss it it's your own fault!

If I was Novak Djokovic I would have given this advise (to invite my brother) to the organisers too.
True, his ranking is actually too low but such a great tournament (and playing it together with his famous brother) could make a deep impression on him and enormously increase his motivation for tennis.
I wonder how many tournament organisers Novak had begged before to eventually find some to agree. ;)

But the way the TOs treated Jaziri is disgraceful of course. (But the Djokovics shouldn't be blamed for that.)

habibko
02-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Nevertheless, it's really rich when someone living in a country from medieval times tries to use "3rd world" reference, get a clue :lol:

I don't see why my country has anything to do with the facts about others, I didn't know North Koreans are forbidden to talk about tyranny elsewhere

oh well, I shouldn't expect too much sense from the not so bright, wasn't your fault

Amber Spyglass
02-26-2012, 11:31 PM
either Jaziri is lying or Djokovic

not hard to pick whom to believe

There's nothing to suggest that. Djokovic said he made the request a month ago, not that it was accepted a month ago. The organisers might have been thinking of giving it to Jaziri but then when they saw that Novak was definitely going to play the tournament(as often the top guys pull out of this event), they could have decided to give it to Marko instead.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Both of them are all about glamour and money. At least in football though the third division standard you can actually go and watch on your doorstep.

As are all popular sports. Football, tennis, basketball. NFL...more popular sport is, more money there is, more divas there are, more corruption there is...it goes on and on.

arm
02-26-2012, 11:34 PM
is denied a wild card from the region’s biggest tennis event

Tunisia and UAE are not even in the same continent. :lol:

tennizen
02-26-2012, 11:36 PM
My parents told me that I got admission into kindergarten(without taking a test) at my school because my brothers were already studying there. I don't know how I should feel about that now after reading this thread:(

arm
and 99% of his fans, the 1% left are tasteless fangirls

That was racist and sexist at the same time. :facepalm: a new low.

alter ego
I don't like Djokovic at all, but if it's true that he just asked, this is not his fault. Everyone that has a brother or sister would try to help them. I know I would if I was in his shoes.

Thanks for sharing with us your 3rd world menatality. However not all of us enjoy seeing nepotism.

:haha:
Yes I'm sure they did it for free. It's not like Djokovic could have proposed them a career contract with this tournament in exchange for this favour.
There you go, your average free lunch in the corporate world.
So sick of people in here talking trash every single time a top player says or does something out of ordinary. When Nadal wants a 2 year ranking for the benefit of everyone, please bash away.
:stupid:
benefit everyone? everyone as in the young players that would have to work twice as hard to get a break through while the older ones would just take advantage of their eassy draws.

ballbasher101
02-26-2012, 11:37 PM
I like the Djoker but this is just wrong. His brother needs to make it on his own just like Djokovic did.

Aenea
There's nothing to suggest that. Djokovic said he made the request a month ago, not that it was accepted a month ago. The organisers might have been thinking of giving it to Jaziri but then when they saw that Novak was definitely going to play the tournament(as often the top guys pull out of this event), they could have decided to give it to Marko instead.

are you saying only on Friday night they came to know Novak will participate? You mean until then he hasn't informed them he'll be playing? I highly doubt that. Novak was in Dubai long before Friday, wasn't he.

scarecrows
you can now vBet on Marco to win Dubai

www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=11771573

habibko
02-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Tunisia and UAE are not even in the same continent. :lol:

referring to the Middle East region, smartass

Time Violation
02-26-2012, 11:40 PM
I don't see why my country has anything to do with the facts about others, I didn't know North Koreans are forbidden to talk about tyranny elsewhere

oh well, I shouldn't expect too much sense from the not so bright, wasn't your fault

If you want to blame anyone, blame the organizers, foaming at mouth just because Novak asked for a WC (he could've been easily rejected, as seen in Turkey) is pathetic.

rocketassist
02-26-2012, 11:40 PM
As are all popular sports. Football, tennis, basketball. NFL...more popular sport is, more money there is, more divas there are, more corruption there is...it goes on and on.

Miami Heat's failure in the NBA finals last year showed basketball hasn't quite been taken by the money men. And the NFL salary cap means all teams can compete on fairer fronts.

Tennis doesn't have the same fairness, as we see with the bias towards glamour superstars and the surface speeds catered so they all make the final stages.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 11:41 PM
If Marko somehow wins tomorrow (not likely, but I'd love if that happens, just so I can witness MTF explosion), everyone here on MTF will be crying about how Djokovic paid Golubev to tank...I can already see it. It will be hilarious.

arm
02-26-2012, 11:42 PM
referring to the Middle East region, smartass

Give me a break. Should Gastão get a WC in Romania? Portugal and Romani... it's the EU afterall. :lol:

Not saying the guy didn't deserve the wild card more. Because he did. The situation is absurd, Nole was silly and the organizers were just stupid. But Nole is not going to hell because of this. Only MTF hell. :rolleyes:

zcess81
02-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Miami Heat's failure in the NBA finals last year showed basketball hasn't quite been taken by the money men. And the NFL salary cap means all teams can compete on fairer fronts.

Tennis doesn't have the same fairness, as we see with the bias towards glamour superstars and the surface speeds catered so they all make the final stages.

I'd say tennis is more fair than most popular team sports. You get paid only by winning matches/tournaments (OK, very top players do get appearance fees, but even so, it doesn't compare to the amount of money in football and some other sports). In football you have players sitting on substitute bench for months while earning ridiculous $$$. Any other popular team sports, you get injured, you still get paid while you recover - not in tennis. I'm not saying tennis is perfect, far from it, but football is FAR worse.

Agrajag
02-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks for sharing with us your 3rd world menatality. However not all of us enjoy seeing nepotism.

Norway is the third world? Good one.

:haha:
Yes I'm sure they did it for free. It's not like Djokovic could have proposed them a career contract with this tournament in exchange for this favour.
There you go, your average free lunch in the corporate world.

:stupid:
benefit everyone? everyone as in the young players that would have to work twice as hard to get a break through while the older ones would just take advantage of their eassy draws.

I said IF. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here.
*It might be naive, but we don't know what happened.

Read what I wrote before you you start attacking me. That was a statement from Nadal that deserved getting bashed.

fast_clay
02-26-2012, 11:53 PM
you only need to play around with a search engine for a few minutes to find what you're looking for... djokovic has his agent calling all tournament directors throughout the year, even to tournaments he does not commit to or will never go to, requesting WCs for marko... it would seem that in almost every case djokovic's request is pretty much laughed at, yet in this case there seems to be a fool taking the call... dubai :haha:

man, if i were jaziri i would feel extremely aggrieved at what has transpired here... a player good enough to spend quality time in the top 100 and maybe buy a house with the proceeds, and after years of slaving away with odds against him he is on the edge of cracking the magic hundred...

only a couple of results away from reaching a goal saved only for the elite of the sport...

and boom, another obstacle... a stolen WC :spit: for the 867 rank brother ... :haha: you have to be kidding me...

when i look at it like this, i can't help but lose a lot of respect for djokovic for the disrespect he his shown to his peers...

for anyone with any knowledge of the pro game, this is surreal

rutinos harcos
02-26-2012, 11:55 PM
That was racist and sexist at the same time. :facepalm: a new low.
But,surely not the last one.

MIMIC
02-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Faux outrage :rocker2:

habibko
02-26-2012, 11:57 PM
If you want to blame anyone, blame your fellow organizers, foaming at mouth just because Novak asked for a WC (he could've been easily rejected, as seen in Turkey) is pathetic.

I'm not from the UAE nor am I associated with the organizers in any shape or form, playing the flag game is easy, I could also point out your desperate attempt at defense is expected looking at your flag

as others already said before me, nepotism is disgraceful and should have nothing to do with our sport, especially when someone clearly much more deserving is denied and instead a tennis nobody is given an undeserved place he should earn first, organizers should have never been put in a position to accept or deny in the first place, no one expects the organizers to be an example of ethics and civilized decency, but those players idolized by youngsters should, and it's absolutely bad for the sport when someone like Djokovic keep failing to act with any glimpse of class time and time again

him and his family already have enough track record of classless behavior to deserve shedding a spotlight on their continuous disrespect of the honorable spirit of tennis

alter ego
02-26-2012, 11:58 PM

I said IF. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here.
*It might be naive, but we don't know what happened.

Read what I wrote before you you start attacking me. That was a statement from Nadal that deserved getting bashed.

I wasn't talking about the average norwegian mentality I was talking about yours. Which is obvious 3rd world level if you think nepotism is tolerable.

I don't give him the benefit of the doubt. It's morally wrong and I don't think the organizers did it for free. Nothing is free.

Sorry, the way you started the phrase I thought you were sarcastic when you said "please bash away".

LisaKoh
02-26-2012, 11:58 PM
Ah well. :( I don't think what the Djoker did was ethical but I don't think it came from a bad place. He is trying to give his brother a hand. Hopefully, Jaziri can bounce back from this.

Amber Spyglass
02-26-2012, 11:59 PM

As someone else pointed out, it's not really about nepotism here. So Marko so happens to be Novak's actual brother but the top players have a chance to get whoever they want in, whether they're related or not. Nadal getting Marc Lopez a WC is another example. You can say it's corrupt if you want but it's not exclusively nepotism.

are you saying only on Friday night they came to know Novak will participate? You mean until then he hasn't informed them he'll be playing? I highly doubt that. Novak was in Dubai long before Friday, wasn't he.

Djokovic I think, arrived on Thursday. Do they have to make their decision straight away? They might want to think about what's best for the tournament for a while before making a final decision. They obviously don't care about treating their players fairly so how do you know, they rushed out to tell Jaziri, he was out, as soon as they knew N. Djokovic was confirmed to play? Anyway, it was only a suggestion, the organisers could have had a last minute change of mind in going with Marko and what they thought would be more beneficial for them, regardless of whether they ever thought Novak was in doubt to play. My point was that, the organisers changing their mind doesn't mean that Novak must have been lying about asking a month ago, opposed to a last minute thing. It makes most sense, that Novak did ask a month ago, why would he want to risk waiting till the weekend before the tournament, given the brother's ranking and the chance that the WC's might have already been decided. And anyway who's to say Jaziri was ever getting it? It's also possible that it might just have been heavily rumoured and the buzz about the place because to most people,he was probably definitely in line for one of the places, given that I doubt anyone outside of organisers were aware of Djokovic's request until WC was given.

hipolymer
02-26-2012, 11:59 PM

Do you have mental problems or something? Your obsession with demeaning anything that has to do with Djokovic is borderline OCD.

arm
02-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Cry me a f***ing a river. :facepalm: You people are ridiculous. One thing is to disagree with both Nole's and the tournament's decision. Another is to make Nole look like a devil because of this. You people are delusional and should get a life asap.

rocketassist
02-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Cry me a f***ing a river. :facepalm: You people are ridiculous. One thing is to disagree with both Nole's and the tournament's decision. Another is to make Nole look like a devil because of this. You people are delusional and should get a life asap.

You get off your fucking high horse and accept that criticism can be fair.

Aenea
02-27-2012, 12:06 AM
And anyway who's to say Jaziri was ever getting it? It's also possible that it might just have been heavily rumoured and the buzz about the place because to most people,he was probably definitely in line for one of the places, given that I doubt anyone outside of organisers were aware of Djokovic's request until WC was given.

Hmm, obviously you have not read 1st post of this thread

"On Friday afternoon, the press were told from the tournament’s PR that Jaziri was being awarded a wild card along with Sergei Bubka Jr. (son of the legendary pole vaulter) and UAE No.1 Omar Behrouzian."

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=11771245&postcount=1

arm
02-27-2012, 12:09 AM
You get off your fucking high horse and accept that criticism can be fair.

Oh yes, I can do that. Just watch me:

Ah well. :( I don't think what the Djoker did was ethical but I don't think it came from a bad place. He is trying to give his brother a hand. Hopefully, Jaziri can bounce back from this.

You're right. :worship: It surely was not ethical and hopefuly he learns from this. But he is no veil because of this, is he? Like you said, it came from a good place, and nobody is perfect.

rutinos harcos
02-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Do you have mental problems or something? Your obsession with demeaning anything that has to do with Djokovic is borderline OCD.
Good point.But,he's not the most extreme case here,there's somebody who's much worse.

Matt01
02-27-2012, 12:12 AM

+1

As a Djokovic-fan, I feel sorry for Jaziri and I think that he should have gotten this WC and not Marko. OTOH I can understand Nole that he wants to help his brother especially considering that he was injured a while ago.

I really lost a lot of respect for Djokovic for this. Novak should tell his brother that not everyone gets to be a tennis player and the world still needs janitors, fast food servers, and things like that. Or he could go to college. But no. Let's be racist and f Jaziri and all arabs who may have decent skills to qualify or get WC to these tournaments.

This is sick. :rolleyes:

Agrajag
02-27-2012, 12:13 AM
I wasn't talking about the average norwegian mentality I was talking about yours. Which is obvious 3rd world level if you think nepotism is tolerable.

I don't give him the benefit of the doubt. It's morally wrong and I don't think the organizers did it for free. Nothing is free.

Sorry, the way you started the phrase I thought you were sarcastic when you said "please bash away".

I'm just realistic. I easily see why it's not a good thing, but I do believe >95% of the people in here would do something like this given the chance. He's a tennis player, not the moral police.

I agree that it's probably naive. If an arrangement was made, it should be looked at by the TIU. We all know how keen they are when it comes to players not ranked in the 300s. :)

No problem man.

rutinos harcos
02-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Not at all.

Exactly

Excellent post.Too bad many people here simply refuse to accept facts of life.

acionescu
02-27-2012, 12:16 AM
You're right. :worship: It surely was not ethical and hopefuly he learns from this. But he is no vile because of this, is he? Like you said, it came from a good place, and nobody is perfect.

Oh, you can say that again, he is not only because of this, this is just a sample....

Amber Spyglass
02-27-2012, 12:16 AM
Hmm, obviously you have not read 1st post of this thread

"On Friday afternoon, the press were told from the tournament’s PR that Jaziri was being awarded a wild card along with Sergei Bubka Jr. (son of the legendary pole vaulter) and UAE No.1 Omar Behrouzian."

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=11771245&postcount=1

Sorry, I read the article a few hours ago and didn't remember all the details other than that Jaziri was under the strong impression he was getting it. Nevertheless that was still before the official announcement and it wasn't announced anwywhere in general media that the wildcards had already been announced. My points other than the one you're referring to still stand. There's nothing that says Djokovic must have been lying about when he asked for the WC...

scarecrows
02-27-2012, 12:20 AM
+1

As a Djokovic-fan, I feel sorry for Jaziri and I think that he should have gotten this WC and not Marko. OTOH I can understand Nole that he wants to help his brother especially considering that he was injured a while ago.

how exactly is he helping him?

Novak should know better than anyone that the hard way is the way to climb on top, like he did it himself

He's already trying to help him with WCs in Futures and should stick to this at the moment. If Marco for example wins a couple of futures or goes deep in Challengers then a WC in ATP events can be fruitful for his experience and ranking

arm
02-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Oh, you can say that again, he is not only because of this, this is just a sample....

Sure, he is a very bad person, and there is a special place in hell reserved for him.

arm
02-27-2012, 12:22 AM

Novak should know better than anyone that the hard way is the way to climb on top, like he did it himself

He's already trying to help him with WCs in Futures and should stick to this at the moment. If Marco for example wins a couple of futures or goes deep in Challengers then a WC in ATP events can be fruitful for his experience and ranking

This. Agreed 100%. This is fair criticism, not blind hate.

incognito
02-27-2012, 12:25 AM
LOL, all he did was ask and they could (and should in fact) have simply answered "sorry, we'd love to help, but we've just handed out the last one". It's not like Novak would have pulled out, in anger or something, in the last moment with his posters all over the place...

As for tournament promotion, I don't think it's necessarily because of some expected high attendance for Marko's match but rather about the additional media buzz that the mere participation of the brother of a world #1 could generate for the tournament. However, if I were Novak's brother, I'd feel rather miserable free-riding like that on a far more successful sibling, just to get humiliated in the 1st round while my brother walks home with the trophy. Why not simply recognize the failure that's evident to everyone and do something more dignified with your life? He could always turn to managing aspects of Novak's career or business ventures. It would be easier on his psyche, if nothing else...

Amber Spyglass
02-27-2012, 12:27 AM
LOL, all he did was ask and they could (and should in fact) have simply answered "sorry, we'd love to help, but we've just handed out the last one". It's not like Novak would have pulled out in anger or something, in the last moment with his posters all over the place...

As for tournament promotion, I don't think it's necessarily because of expected high attendance for Marko's match but rather about the media buzz that the mere participation of the brother of a world #1 could generate for the tournament. However, if I were Novak's brother, I'd feel rather miserable free-riding like that on a far more successful sibling, just to get humiliated in the 1st round while my brother walks home with the trophy. Why not simply recognize the failure that's evident to everyone and do something more dignified with your life? He could always turn to managing aspects of Novak's career or business ventures. It would be easier on his psyche, if nothing else...

He said he asked a month ago so if that's correct, it's the tournament who made an even bigger mess of this than first thought, with all this change of mind...

rutinos harcos
02-27-2012, 12:30 AM
What a sharade.So many sick posts,so much hate.And all that because name of Djokovic is involved.Unfuckingbeliveable.All I can say is:It's good to be a KING.

SapELee
02-27-2012, 12:32 AM
I feel bad for him :sad:.

Matt01
02-27-2012, 12:34 AM

I said that Nole wants to help his brother, not that he actually did help him. His intention was to help him, if this WC for Marko is really helpful is another topic...

alfonsojose
02-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Torey Gambill II. Another useless sibling

habibko
02-27-2012, 12:37 AM
you only need to play around with a search engine for a few minutes to find what you're looking for... djokovic has his agent calling all tournament directors throughout the year, even to tournaments he does not commit to or will never go to, requesting WCs for marko... it would seem that in almost every case djokovic's request is pretty much laughed at, yet in this case there seems to be a fool taking the call... dubai :haha:

man, if i were jaziri i would feel extremely aggrieved at what has transpired here... a player good enough to spend quality time in the top 100 and maybe buy a house with the proceeds, and after years of slaving away with odds against him he is on the edge of cracking the magic hundred...

only a couple of results away from reaching a goal saved only for the elite of the sport...

and boom, another obstacle... a stolen WC :spit: for the 867 rank brother ... :haha: you have to be kidding me...

when i look at it like this, i can't help but lose a lot of respect for djokovic for the disrespect he his shown to his peers...

for anyone with any knowledge of the pro game, this is surreal

absolutely, dunno where that respect you had came from to begin with

Pirata.
02-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Can't believe all the Djokovic fans scrambling to defend him over this. If it had been a doubles wild card, which all the top three have done, then it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but this is pretty poor from the tournament and the Djokovic family. Asking for a wild card to a 500 event for a kid ranked below the top 800 is pretty poor.

zcess81
02-27-2012, 01:03 AM
Can't believe all the Djokovic fans scrambling to defend him over this. If it had been a doubles wild card, which all the top three have done, then it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but this is pretty poor from the tournament and the Djokovic family. Asking for a wild card to a 500 event for a kid ranked below the top 800 is pretty poor.

Fed did that, therefore you have no problem with it. If Fed had never asked a wild card for one of his friends for doubles, singles or whatever, you'd be praising him right now. Funny how we select what we tolerate and what we don't when it suits us.

Ravel
02-27-2012, 01:06 AM
sad for whoever missed out on the WC :(

BigJohn
02-27-2012, 01:07 AM
sad for whoever missed out on the WC :(

Worse when it is freaking taken away...

alexocfp
02-27-2012, 01:11 AM
there is a lot of hyperbole here. First off nothing was stolen, the tournament can give (and take away) wild cards as it sees fit.

No rules were broken. If you want to avoid this thing happening again just create a law that says a player must meet certain requirements to receive a wild card in a 500 or higher tournament.

From a practical level, novak may have wanted to help his brother (hardly the crime some make it out to be), but this wild card will do more harm than good when all is said and done; marko getting beaten badly wont further his career and the bad press novak may receive if this is picked up by the general press. This forum, as a reminder, is not mainstream. It has die hard fans. Lets see how the mainstream press reacts.

If they react negatively, then that alone will solve the situation and will probably keep Novak from asking for wild cards for tournaments marko has no business playing in yet (if ever)

You can criticize the decision, but it is not the worst thing ever done to humanity as it is being framed by some hysteric posters around here. Novak asked for a wild card and it was granted by the tournament. Hardly a scandal of epic proportions.

Wildcards are subject to politics because there are no rules attached to them. Nobody deserves them. If you really wanted to be fair, they should go to the 3 players right after the direct entry cutoff line in all tournaments but they dont. Wild cards, im certain, have been given to undeserving players since the first day they were invented and were subject to political maneuverings we never found out about since day 1.

arod3425
02-27-2012, 01:20 AM
No idea why this a surprise for anyone. Nole clearly puts his family in high priority and will always look to improve their situation. And honestly I don't see anything wrong with that. Why exactly should he care if Jaziri plays in the tournament? I don't think you can always base these decisions on merit because then the wildcard system shouldn't even exist because the next deserving player to get into the tournament is the next highest ranked player?

misty1
02-27-2012, 01:23 AM
pathetic:rolleyes:

why give a wild card to a local guy and someone who, with the right draw might actually be able to win a match. Instead lets kiss the ass of the number one guy in the world and give it to his brother who struggles to win matches and sets at the futures level. Basically lets throw one of the wild cards away

croat123
02-27-2012, 01:29 AM
well, i hope golubev absolutely destroys him tomorrow

atennisfan
02-27-2012, 01:29 AM
This is disgusting.

Shameless behaviour of the tournament organizers and djokovic

alexocfp
02-27-2012, 01:32 AM
pathetic:rolleyes:

why give a wild card to a local guy and someone who, with the right draw might actually be able to win a match. Instead lets kiss the ass of the number one guy in the world and give it to his brother who struggles to win matches and sets at the futures level. Basically lets throw one of the wild cards away

this is a 100% valid question but on the flip side any tournament has a right to throw the wild card away if they wish.

Again, this wild card will hurt marko more than it helps because the odds of him being competitive in this match are slim. And if the organizers get bad press im pretty certain they will not repeat it next year.

And it may help Jaziri most of all if the outcry is loud enough. He certainly will get more press if the story blows up and may even get a sympathy wild card from some other tournament down the road (then some other player will have a wild card not given to him if it happens and be in the situation jaziri is now)

Pirata.
02-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Fed did that, therefore you have no problem with it. If Fed had never asked a wild card for one of his friends for doubles, singles or whatever, you'd be praising him right now. Funny how we select what we tolerate and what we don't when it suits us.

No, I have no problem with it because it isn't taking spots from local singles players. There's no problem with a top guy asking for a wild card in doubles to help out a friend/sibling, whatever. It's good for the tournament because the top guy is participating, generates some interest in doubles. But asking for wild cards for friends and family for the MAIN DRAW is poor form. Fed HAS asked for wild cards for his friends in doubles AND singles. I've also had my faves in the top 20 benefit from wild cards into 250 events and I think that is also in pretty poor form :shrug:

bouncer7
02-27-2012, 01:47 AM

better for him to has everyday training with world NO.1 than to goes and plays these fuuny events but you don't have a clue, do you

said by one of the biggest nole haters :worship:

I guess dubai officials wants one day to see djokovic family as their citizens. As all greedy capitalist they want rich people, not poor random even they are arabians and you would be capable to see that if you are not living in your blindness :)

on topic:

Distance from Belgrade to Dubai is: 3799.5 Kilometers/2360.9 Miles

Distance from Tunis to Dubai is: 4442 Kilometers/ 2760.1 Miles

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

bouncer7
02-27-2012, 01:48 AM
at least this thread has proven that match will have 1000 times more attention instead of match that should have been played even if it goes 6:0 6:0

and mtfedtards will finally have good reason to celebrate when Djokovic lose tomorow LOL

rinnegan
02-27-2012, 01:56 AM
I can't wait for the faux outrage when Federer does something like this. Oh wait. The Patron Saint of PR-Induced Class is untouchable.

Pirata.
02-27-2012, 02:04 AM
said by one of the biggest nole haters :worship:

I actually like Nole, I'm just not one of his blind tards :lol: Seriously, there are much bigger haters than me me here.

MIMIC
People mad up in HERE! :lol:

VolandriFan
Like that Jaziri could have won a match or something :rolleyes: Better gave that WC whose name helps to sell tickets. I believe there are plenty of Nole's fans who go there to support his bro.

Have you actually seen Jaziri play? He could easily win a match with the right draw.

rocketassist
02-27-2012, 02:06 AM

Like the username, it's suited.

bouncer7
02-27-2012, 02:14 AM
I actually like Nole, I'm just not one of his blind tards :lol: Seriously, there are much bigger haters than me me here.

i've just noticed you in all nole threads :devil:

maybe you are not the biggest but most persistent one for sure :)

BrunoBeidacki
02-27-2012, 02:17 AM
I just can't understand why people are mad at Marko. Would you do different? I would take the WC anyway. I'd be ashamed if I was in the organization, but Marko doesn't have anything to do with it.

Matt01
02-27-2012, 02:23 AM
i've just noticed you in all nole threads :devil:

He's also one of the most clueless ones ;)

philosophicalarf
02-27-2012, 02:34 AM
Have you actually seen Jaziri play? He could easily win a match with the right draw.

Would have been fun if he won, he'd have got Marko Djokovic, then whipped him.

Alex999
02-27-2012, 03:18 AM
lol, I can't believe it 12 pages of BS. so Marco got a WC, big deal. yeah, his big bro asked for it, he got it... when you are #1 you manage to get things your way... is it fair, is it unfair? don't know. is life fair? I couldn't care less about Marko and he will probably lose tomorrow but you guys are taking this to the next level, lol. it's entertaining tho. :)

Nole doesn't even need to play this tournament, but whatever...

gulzhan
02-27-2012, 03:29 AM
In a way, justice was done. Jaziri would have played the same Golubev he already played against. Just a day earlier ;)

I know this is very unfair and sports is the last place where it should be done, but we get poor quality because of someone's connections all the time in show industry and who ever spoke publicly? You'd be laughed at if you start bitching producers for marketing big names of absolutely talentless kids. As tennis becomes more and more popular, it becomes show business and hence works under the laws of show business. I have to admit I am looking forward to watching today's Golubev match. More than if he'd play against Jaziri :tape: Heck, let's be honest here on MTF at least once! Will you watch the stream of Golubev match today? I will. Would you watch it if it was Jaziri? I would because I am a Kazak but maybe for few minutes only, and you probably wouldn't, right? So, who is to be blamed? Tennis fans I guess :shrug:

tripwires
02-27-2012, 03:30 AM
at least this thread has proven that match will have 1000 times more attention instead of match that should have been played even if it goes 6:0 6:0

and mtfedtards will finally have good reason to celebrate when Djokovic lose tomorow LOL

You can't seriously think that only Fedtards on MTF are critising Nole/the tournament for this fiasco. Once again, I fail to see the relevance of Federer and/or his fans to this topic.

I can't wait for the faux outrage when Federer does something like this. Oh wait. The Patron Saint of PR-Induced Class is untouchable.

You are seriously deluded if you honestly think that Fed would get away with something like this on MTF. The top 4 players get bashed here for no reason on a regular basis. You should have seen the vitriol over some misquoted/wrongly-translated comments Fed made about Wawrinka after Switzerland's Davis Cup debacle.

Pirata. is a girl and far from clueless. That's actually an apt description for you.

Dubai fucked up with this one. I don't blame Nole for requesting a wild card. Probably shouldn't have done it but I can sympathise with him wanting to help out his brother. That said, the tournament obviously should not have taken away the WC from a player who was promised it 1) in such a short notice; and 2) just to appease the Djokovic family. That's fucked up. But is it that surprising? As if Dubai gives a shit about promoting tennis in the Middle East. It's all about the money.

BlueLighthouse
02-27-2012, 04:05 AM
The entire Djokovic family needs a better PR to make better decision in the future, oh and also to clean-up the not so good reputation in the past as well.

Pirata.
02-27-2012, 04:48 AM

Are you confusing me with someone like Sapeod? :confused:

I'm a girl [it even says QUEEN under my username :facepalm:] and clueless? That's rich coming from you :lol:

bouncer7
02-27-2012, 05:39 AM
So if you are girl then all is forgiven to you :) same as to some other girls like sunset, tripwires, big john , leng shui, ...

Interesting, not even one mtfer was watching sunday match Jaziri - Golubev, don't see any thread lol I guess even Jaziri like this solution at the end cause in both case if he won over Golubev he would be in second round...

leng jai
02-27-2012, 05:51 AM
Seems like its the tournament directors to blame here. Nole probably asked just for the sake of it and didn't even really care if they said yes or no. The fact the TDs thought it was an appropriate use of a wildcard is just :speakles:

Ajde.

tripwires
02-27-2012, 05:54 AM
So if you are girl then all is forgiven to you :) same as to some other girls like sunset, tripwires, big john , leng shui, ...

Interesting, not even one mtfer was watching sunday match Jaziri - Golubev, don't see any thread lol I guess even Jaziri like this solution at the end cause in both case if he won over Golubev he would be in second round...

What the fuck are you talking about? :haha: I was just pointing out that Pirata. is a girl. It's called stating a fact.

By the way who's leng shui? Props to you for knowing a Chinese word I guess. :haha:

GasquetFan
02-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Disgraceful wildcard, "Mole" going nowhere fast, turns 21 this year and struggles to win sets/matches at Futures level tournaments, however I can sympathise with the organizers claiming it's good for the tournament, obviously this match up gets more attention than a Golubev vs Jaziri R1 match, purely because of Marko's last name, however I think the match will be quick and boring, and will do absolutely nothing for Marko's attempt at a tennis career :rolleyes::rolleyes:

LisaKoh
02-27-2012, 07:07 AM
It is not a prize to play Del Potro in the second round, even if he gets through the first.

scoutreporter
02-27-2012, 07:19 AM
lol, all the hate from Nadal and Fed fans to Djokovic, and not only him, but his whole family. Thats pretty low, wtf do you care about that fourth WC spot? Its pathetic. Write a complain letter to atp or organasires in Dubai you pathetic lowlifes. Its not like its Novaks tourney, he just plays there. He only 'recommended' his brother, and whats wrong with that you tards?

DanaKz
02-27-2012, 09:01 AM
At least Marko is No.3 in "little brothers@ rankings.

Gerald Granollers-Pujol - 225
Gerald Melzer - 350
Marko Djokovic - 869 (today)
Christian Harrison - 961
Daryl Monfils - N/R

zcess81
02-27-2012, 09:04 AM
lol, all the hate from Nadal and Fed fans to Djokovic, and not only him, but his whole family. Thats pretty low, wtf do you care about that fourth WC spot? Its pathetic. Write a complain letter to atp or organasires in Dubai you pathetic lowlifes. Its not like its Novaks tourney, he just plays there. He only 'recommended' his brother, and whats wrong with that you tards?

:haha::haha:

samanosuke
02-27-2012, 09:12 AM
you can now vBet on Marco to win Dubai

www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=11771573

:lol:

Horatio Caine
02-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Yow! It gets worse! Well, let's hope the negative press from this debacle dissuades the Djokovics from trying something like this again. Gotta pity Malek but it sounds like he won't be needing WCs in the future because he's good enough for GS main draws. Argh, it's lose-lose for all parties.

I hope Jaziri sticks around the top 125 for a little while longer, but it wouldn't surprise me if he gradually slides down the rankings. He is 28, so age isn't on his side, and he will be defending a lot of points in the coming months. That experience alone is new to him.

A WC would have done him a lot of good. Firstly, as a reward for the huge improvement he made last year. Secondly, $12,000 is a lot of money to a player like him. Depending on the draw, he might have even won a MD match, doubling his prize money and earning a nice 45pts cushion for later in the year.

Rough luck. :(

abollo
02-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Sad when the number 1 tournament in the Arab World can't award the Arab number 1 player a WC :(
Same like when they promised Jabeur in the WTA a WC and gave it in the end to Peer

Most Arab people. Definitely more than who are interested in a one-sided Golubev-Marko Djokovic match

Aenea
02-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Most Arab people. Definitely more than who are interested in a one-sided Golubev-Marko Djokovic match

My thoughts exactly. Some people commenting here are forgetting there are other nations in this world and fans with different interests than their own.

Lopez
02-27-2012, 11:23 AM
NID about who started the thread.

A bit stupid to grant Marko the WC (a bit silly from the Djokovic family to ask), he should start his comeback from injury from easier tournaments. Still, this is a lot of noise made about a little thing. Marko seemed to have played OK, only losing 3 and 2. His level certainly is higher than his ranking.

shuhrat
02-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Sad when the number 1 tournament in the Arab World can't award the Arab number 1 player a WC :(
Same like when they promised Jabeur in the WTA a WC and gave it in the end to Peer

Probably. On MTF? Maybe or maybe not. World widely, I doubt it. Judging from this decision, the organizers don't seem to care too much about the Arab World. The difference wouldn't be too big though, I think the primary target market of the sponsors of this tournament isn't the Arab World but the international tennis fans.

abollo
02-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Probably. On MTF? Maybe or maybe not. World widely, I doubt it. Judging from this decision, the organizers don't seem to care too much about the Arab World.

I can only recognize 5 other Arab members here on MTF.
World widely I think that most Arab people who have interest in tennis would be interested in such a match and they are many people (if you take US Open or Doha as an example it would be clear)

schorsch
02-27-2012, 11:48 AM

Yeah, like Andy didn't get Jamie many WCs, tournament entries and boosted his ranking for entering tournaments by winning titles for him :lol:

LisaKoh
02-27-2012, 11:52 AM
I hope Jaziri sticks around the top 125 for a little while longer, but it wouldn't surprise me if he gradually slides down the rankings. He is 28, so age isn't on his side, and he will be defending a lot of points in the coming months. That experience alone is new to him.

A WC would have done him a lot of good. Firstly, as a reward for the huge improvement he made last year. Secondly, $12,000 is a lot of money to a player like him. Depending on the draw, he might have even won a MD match, doubling his prize money and earning a nice 45pts cushion for later in the year.

Rough luck. :(

Ouch. That's terrible news. I really wish him all the best, I had not known that his situation was so dire. I guess if the Djoker's PR is smart they will try to reach out to him or make a conciliatory gesture before the press gets wind of it. I guess there's really no way to cut it for this poor guy who got shafted. WC to Nole's home tournament?

As for Shahar Peer getting the WC, I can understand why the tournament organizers did it for diplomatic reasons. They gave her such a hard time a few years before simply because she's Israeli so it was a nice gesture that they invited her to play. I feel like they owed her that one.

Sunset of Age
02-27-2012, 12:39 PM
As for Shahar Peer getting the WC, I can understand why the tournament organizers did it for diplomatic reasons. They gave her such a hard time a few years before simply because she's Israeli so it was a nice gesture that they invited her to play. I feel like they owed her that one.

Even the more because she was DENIED entrance in Dubai a couple of years ago for political reasons, which caused quite an uproar among some fellow players. If I'm not mistaken, Roddick even refused to play Dubai that year (forgotten which year it exactly was, 2007?) because of this - most definitely a point in his favour.

LisaKoh
02-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Even the more because she was DENIED entrance in Dubai a couple of years ago for political reasons, which caused quite an uproar among some fellow players. If I'm not mistaken, Roddick even refused to play Dubai that year (forgotten which year it exactly was, 2007?) because of this - most definitely a point in his favour.

Yes, I remember that I think the tournament gave her some suspect reason that they could not guarantee her safety. But it's strange, the tournament now not only provides her with bodyguards but with snipers as well. It's crazy.

LawrenceOfTennis
02-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Losing 5 games to a player outside of top 800 :facepalm: Golubev...

abollo
02-27-2012, 01:03 PM

And? Why do they have to give her a WC now then? :confused:

Sunset of Age
02-27-2012, 01:07 PM

Your guess is as good as mine!
For PR reasons? For PC reasons? ;)

Game.Petzschner
02-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Yeah, like Andy didn't get Jamie many WCs, tournament entries and boosted his ranking for entering tournaments by winning titles for him :lol:
jamie murray? whos won a grand slam in mixed doubles? give it a rest mate

also when you say winning titles for him i assume you mean alongside him, go check when marko played doubles with his big bro :lol:

LisaKoh
02-27-2012, 01:11 PM

abollo I know this is a sensitive issue so I'll tread carefully here. Basically, to abide with anti-discrimination rules players should be allowed to compete in tournaments if their ranking makes it possible, no matter where they come from. Even though there is a lot of conflict between Israel and the Arab states, most people felt that it was unfair that Shahar could not compete in a tournament simply because of her nationality. Dubai eventually realized that Shahar Peer was not responsible for any actions that her home state committed so they realized they were being unfair by taking it out on her when all she wanted to do was hit a fuzzy ball over the net.

Dubai giving the WC to Shahar Peer is basically their way of saying that they were wrong to mix politics with sport. They are submitting an Olympic bid so they want to portray the UAE as a place that welcomes all kinds of athletes, no matter where they come from.

JurajCrane
02-27-2012, 01:25 PM
I haven´t read posts above, but the thing is : Dubai directors cleared one WC spot to give a chance to play another player on alternate list.

They used only 3 WC spots and instead of Malek Jaziri´s wild card Andreas Beck played.

It means, Novak called the directors too late, after they cleared that WC spot.

Aenea
02-27-2012, 01:35 PM
I haven´t read posts above, but the thing is : Dubai directors cleared one WC spot to give a chance to play another player on alternate list.

They used only 3 WC spots and instead of Malek Jaziri´s wild card Andreas Beck played.

It means, Novak called the directors too late, after they cleared that WC spot.

TD explained there were 4 WC and 1 of them is meant for a top20 player (in case a top20 player makes a last minute request) and since no one such player asked for it it was cleared. So they only had 3 WCs available. Nole said his request for a WC for Marco was made like 1 month ago.

Beat
02-27-2012, 02:26 PM

that's refreshingly honest, at least. but on the other side, why does "that help us, automatically"? doesn't make any sense to me.

Hypnotize
02-27-2012, 03:16 PM
This thread is a joke. It's up to the tournament who they provide with WCs, not some cry-babies on MTF. If anyone actually watched the match today, Marko showed some promise and I think he could be a good player with a bit of work. More importantly there were a lot of spectators, most of whom were screaming for him. I don't think I've ever seen such a well attended 1st round match at 10am on a large court especially between two players ranked outside the top 100.

It was probably the novelty factor but they came in large numbers to see him and they certainly voiced their support. The organisers must be patting themselves on the back for making the right decision here because only about two people would have been interested in seeing Jaziri. People on here can bitch & moan all they want but the tournament director's job is to fill seats and Marko did that today.

Pirata.
02-27-2012, 04:06 PM

Jamie has a slam, he has better credentials than Andy :p

Seingeist
02-27-2012, 04:32 PM
WildCardgate.

Gotta be one of the stupidest storms in a teacup ever stirred up in MTF history.

Moose Limb
02-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Neptomism

Neptomism, eh? :lol:

MaxPower
02-27-2012, 04:59 PM
ATP needs to add a wildcard spot to the WTF. I think Marko could be ready by then. He'll bring in the crowds to the boring group stage

munZe konZa
02-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Jaziri will get wildcarded in Nole open as a peace gesture, don't worry.

Sapeod
02-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Mental problems? No. Hate of Djokovic? Yes. Why? Because they're horrible figures for tennis and are terrible people in general for the sport? No offense to the younger Djokovic, but the less we see of that name, the better.

Sapeod
02-27-2012, 05:51 PM
I don't give a shit about money and I wouldn't then. Jaziri is ranked higher, so he deserves the wildcard because he actually has a chance at winning a match. Giving a wildcard to a player ranked 700 places below the other player is completely absurd.

Hypnotize
02-27-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't give a shit about money and I wouldn't then. Jaziri is ranked higher, so he deserves the wildcard because he actually has a chance at winning a match. Giving a wildcard to a player ranked 700 places below the other player is completely absurd.
The fact you don't give a shit about money is the reason (one of many actually) that you are not a tournament director. Tournaments are supposed to make money and they do that bringing in spectators. It really isn't that difficult to understand.

If you want to lecture people on what's right and fair, go to the Amnesty International forum. :p

Hypnotize
02-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Mental problems? No. Hate of Djokovic? Yes. Why? Because they're horrible figures for tennis and are terrible people in general for the sport? No offense to the younger Djokovic, but the less we see of that name, the better.
The second part of your post clearly contradicts the first.

I don't know whether to be amused or concerned. :rolleyes:

gulzhan
02-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Hate of Djokovic? Yes. Why? Because they're horrible figures for tennis and are terrible people in general for the sport? No offense to the younger Djokovic, but the less we see of that name, the better.

Child, how can you tell about someone you don't know at all that they are terrible people? Don't they teach you in Scottish schools to respect people? Don't they teach you that hating without a reason is something very dangerous for society?

And pardon me, but your "no offense" sounds ridiculous once you stated you hate the Djokovic brothers for being terrible people. How can he not be offended is beyond of my understanding of people's feelings and English language.

I don't give a shit about money and I wouldn't then.

Maybe that's why you are not a tournament director. And won't be one unless you change your attitude to money and business.

Yes, I am back to MTF, child! :wavey:

abraxas21
02-27-2012, 06:29 PM
fast stacks

xdrewitdajx
02-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Time's Person of the Year will be this wild card

MIMIC
02-27-2012, 07:17 PM

Wow, your hatred for Djokovic could probably be converted into renewable energy or something. It's so strong and potent.

Mateya
02-27-2012, 07:28 PM
OMG :speakles:

Clientalism at it's very finest :o This kind of stuff makes Balkan and east european corruption look amateur.
Giving a WC to the brother or world No.1, who hasn't achieved anything yet and doesn't even look promising at all. A totaly random top 1000 player.

I hope Jaziri gets a WC at Nole open or somewhere else, it would be a nice gesture. Feeling sorry for him.

Branimir
02-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Wow. Such a drama over nothing. It's called WILD CARD because it is a WILD card!
They gave it to Marko, he blew it. Done deal.

Hian-GOAT
02-27-2012, 08:13 PM
No words :facepalm:

Hellraiser
02-27-2012, 08:22 PM
How they wanted to make money on Marko Djokovic mark?

The tournament directors was thinking the Arab sociality is so stupid they won't check the name of Djokovic which was playing early with Golubev and make full center court or what?

Those stupid Petrobrains under those toiletpaper hats.

Hypnotize
02-27-2012, 08:55 PM
OMG :speakles:

Clientalism at it's very finest :o This kind of stuff makes Balkan and east european corruption look amateur.
Giving a WC to the brother or world No.1, who hasn't achieved anything yet and doesn't even look promising at all. A totaly random top 1000 player.

I hope Jaziri gets a WC at Nole open or somewhere else, it would be a nice gesture. Feeling sorry for him.
Since you seem to like the word so much and even use it in your signature, you might want to spell it correctly. It's Clientelism.

Apart from that, I'm assuming you didn't even watch the match because Marko actually showed some promise. He still has a long way to go but he hits a nice ball especially on the forehand side and moved well around the court. Nole doesn't owe Jaziri anything so he shouldn't wait by the phone for that Serbian Open WC.

Mateya
02-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Since you seem to like the word so much and even use it in your signature, you might want to spell it correctly. It's Clientelism.

Interesting, so what is this?

http://www.google.si/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=clientalism&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCsQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.answers.com%2Ftopic%2Fclienta lism&ei=oPBLT6S8Mc_Qsgazk6GUBQ&usg=AFQjCNH-E56rUQdpT-MMjJCKSEiQE680pQ&sig2=iKwzgKeaehCW9cQGHbobEw

Looks like english language can't decide how to spell their own words :o
Clientalism here, clientelism there.

I wish Marko makes a carrer though. It must be tough having such a tennis superstar brother, so I hope he gets over this little handicap. :)

Hypnotize
02-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Interesting, so what is this?

http://www.google.si/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=clientalism&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCsQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.answers.com%2Ftopic%2Fclienta lism&ei=oPBLT6S8Mc_Qsgazk6GUBQ&usg=AFQjCNH-E56rUQdpT-MMjJCKSEiQE680pQ&sig2=iKwzgKeaehCW9cQGHbobEw

Looks like english language can't decide how to spell their own words :o
Clientalism here, clientelism there.

I wish Marko makes a carrer though. It must be tough having such a tennis superstar brother, so I hope he gets over this little handicap. :)
Haha, answers.com isn't a reliable website and the English language is very good at spelling words, it's just poor websites and Americans that spoil it. ;)

Try googling the word and see how far you get. Better yet, go to a real dictionary site:
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/clientelism

I agree with you that it's not always easy having a more famous older brother but they seem very supportive of each other and it would be great if Marko can find some success on the tour.

BigJohn
02-27-2012, 10:06 PM
clientalism: A political system based, usually informally, on the ability of political leaders (patrons or “bosses”) to provide jobs, local investment, or services for their supporters (clients). Unlike corruption, clientalism is not necessarily negative and describes a durable system of relations.

Dictionary of the Social Sciences
Oxford University Press, 2002

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1O104-clientalism.html

EDIT: Too bad that my subsequent ownage of a couple of tards got deleted...

Henry Chinaski
02-27-2012, 10:29 PM
all future wildcards should be decided by MTF polls

beats the current cronyism where you get in because of your agents or your brother is a good player or because your daddy is friends with some big shots in arab sport

rutinos harcos
02-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Wow, your hatred for Djokovic could probably be converted into renewable energy or something. It's so strong and potent.

He's still a kid.Maybe when he pop his first cherry he won't be so hateful anymore.

Lee
02-27-2012, 10:56 PM
all future wildcards should be decided by MTF polls

beats the current cronyism where you get in because of your agents or your brother is a good player or because your daddy is friends with some big shots in arab sport

:yeah:

Alex999
02-28-2012, 12:02 AM
lol, 227 post about Marko. he is getting famous. silly MTF people, haha

alexocfp
02-28-2012, 07:17 AM
I still cannot believe the backlash is still ongoing. Every top player has used their clout to get something. Wild cards are subject to backroom dealings as long as there are no restrictions as to who can get them.

Why is this so hard to grasp? Die hard tennis fans should have known this already. There is politics in tennis. Always has been always will be.

Kat_YYZ
02-28-2012, 07:40 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with the Djokovic family asking for the WC, even though I think it's very, very unfortunate the way it went down for Malek Jaziri. (He was really very impressive vs Tsonga in Doha, though that doesn't necessarily mean anything; lower-ranked players often have a big match and everyone thinks they're on the verge of a breakthrough, only to play terribly afterwards for months.)

Wild Cards aren't earned; they are completely at the discretion of the tournaments, no matter how anyone feels about it. And to think this kind of thing doesn't go on ALL the time is just very naive. Hopefully Nole will take some steps to get Jaziri a Wild Card somewhere else in the future to try to pay back the favour.

dwarf shortage
02-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Its a bit of a disgrace how family relations can get you a wild card and in the process take away a wc for someone who deserves like Jaziri

Hypnotize
02-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Its a bit of a disgrace how family relations can get you a wild card and in the process take away a wc for someone who deserves like Jaziri
How exactly did deserve a wildcard? Tournament directors award wildcards based on who benefits the tournament the most. If he was a local kid then of course he would have got it but Jaziri is not even from Dubai, he's from a country thousands of miles away. Apart from the fact Marko may have secured them Novak in the draw, they put Marko on the stadium court and he drew a very large crowd for 10am in the morning, a crowd that overwhelmingly supported him. Only about 3 people would have been interested in watching Jaziri play Golubev. A tournament director's job is to make their tournament successful and they do that by selling tickets which is exactly what Marko did. You can say what you like about the guy but he earned his WC.

Aenea
02-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Ha-ha a lot of Nole/Marco defenders here but I am wondering if it was the other way around and Marco was in Jaziri position what your reaction would be. I can imagine the outcry from all Noletards :lol: Hypocrites.
Now you all will come over to deny this of course.

zcess81
02-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Ha-ha a lot of Nole/Marco defenders here but I am wondering if it was the other way around and Marco was in Jaziri position what your reaction would be. I can imagine the outcry from all Noletards :lol: Hypocrites.

You can talk until you are blue in the face, but the fact is that that WC was never Jaziri's to begin with. Wild cards can be given to ANYONE, regardless of their ranking, there are no rules as to who gets them. If wild cards were given based on rankings, then the player with highest ranking would always get a WC. In that case, even if Jaziri got the WC, an argument could be made that he doesn't deserve it as much as someone ranked higher then him, and so on, and so on. Tournament organizers give wild cards to whomever they want to, there are no rules. Whoever sells more tickets / promotes the tournament better, gets the wild card, and name Djokovic will always attract more attention/publicity than Jaziri.

Time Violation
02-28-2012, 11:07 AM

I wonder whether you would be trolling here and pretending to be so concerned for Jaziri, if Nole didn't own the guy from your signature. :lol: Hypocrite. Now you will deny this of course.

BigJohn
02-28-2012, 11:29 AM
You can talk until you are blue in the face, but the fact is that that WC was never Jaziri's to begin with. Wild cards can be given to ANYONE, regardless of their ranking, there are no rules as to who gets them. If wild cards were given based on rankings, then the player with highest ranking would always get a WC. In that case, even if Jaziri got the WC, an argument could be made that he doesn't deserve it as much as someone ranked higher then him, and so on, and so on. Tournament organizers give wild cards to whomever they want to, there are no rules. Whoever sells more tickets / promotes the tournament better, gets the wild card, and name Djokovic will always attract more attention/publicity than Jaziri.

Apart from the fact they told the press they already gave it to Jaziri...

Hypnotize
02-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Apart from the fact they told the press they already gave it to Jaziri...
Don't count your chickens until they're hatched. :p

tennis2tennis
02-28-2012, 12:59 PM

that's not the point..the point is Jaziri has earned that spot more than nole's kid brother and that fact that nole was exposed in the past lobbying for his brothers wc entry only focuses attention on that family's inability to grasp the concept of fairness!

for all the nole fans...imagine if Roger's kid brother was given that treatment this thread would be 500 pages long by now

Time Violation
02-28-2012, 01:16 PM
for all the nole fans...imagine if Roger's kid brother was given that treatment this thread would be 500 pages long by now

I couldn't care less if Roger had a brother and put him into some ATP500. There are a lot of players on tour who got tons of WCs, fixed by their own tennis federations, I don't see how is this different.

Hypnotize
02-28-2012, 01:42 PM
that's not the point..the point is Jaziri has earned that spot more than nole's kid brother and that fact that nole was exposed in the past lobbying for his brothers wc entry only focuses attention on that family's inability to grasp the concept of fairness!

The only people who earn a spot in the draw are those with a high enough ranking. WCs are issued by tournaments at their own discretion. Jaziri is from a country thousands of miles away from Dubai and very few of the spectators there would have been interested in watching him. He didn't earn a WC and the tournament had no obligation to give him one.

alexocfp
02-28-2012, 01:46 PM

How is me explaining that wild cards are subject to politics make me a nole suppoerter? Nadal, federer, or any player leverage to get his people wild cards would be met by the same reaction to me. Top players in the world have pull and use it to get wildcards for friends and family. No big deal. When Jaziri is a top player he will use his influence to get a wild card for his friends and family if need be.

As long as wildcards are free for all's, this sort of thing has, and will continue to, go on.

zcess81
02-28-2012, 01:46 PM

Yeah, and how many players are ranked above Jaziri who "deserve" it more then him? Wild cards are not given to players with higher ranking. If you talk about who deserves it more, then WC should automatically be awarded to highest ranked players. Wild cards have nothing to do with ranking/who deserves it more and everything to do with promotion and who sells more tickets. There NO RULES as to who gets the wild card. Organizers can give it to whomever they want, it's 100% their decision.

bokehlicious
02-28-2012, 02:02 PM
I couldn't care less if Roger had a brother and put him into some ATP500. There are a lot of players on tour who got tons of WCs, fixed by their own tennis federations, I don't see how is this different.

:lol: gotta love the noletrolls as usual.

I remember when they were calling Fed arrogant when he felt the favourite back when he was toying with the field, now that Nole says the same they just find it a normal statement by a confident player.

FedererBulgaria
02-28-2012, 02:03 PM
One more reason to hate this arrogant "GOAT" Djokovic!

Time Violation
02-28-2012, 02:06 PM

I remember when they were calling Fed arrogant when he felt the favourite back when he was toying with the field, now that Nole says the same they just find it a normal statement by a confident player.

What's that have to do with a WC in Dubai :confused: To me at least, Fed looked arrogant because of what he was saying after the matches, not before.

zcess81
02-28-2012, 02:07 PM

He still is...and a sore loser on top of that, as witnessed in his USO 2011 semi-final loss post-match interview.

bokehlicious
02-28-2012, 02:52 PM
What's that have to do with a WC in Dubai :confused: To me at least, Fed looked arrogant because of what he was saying after the matches, not before.

Oh I get it, I guess Djoker said that his 60% was better than Troicki's 100% before a match, so that's ok :hug:

He still is...and a sore loser on top of that, as witnessed in his USO 2011 semi-final loss post-match interview.

What a bastard indeed. I mean, daring commenting on that "all or nothing shot" on match point instead of calling it the best shot ever was so out of line.

Pirata.
02-28-2012, 03:08 PM
You can talk until you are blue in the face, but the fact is that that WC was never Jaziri's to begin with.

:facepalm:

On Friday afternoon, the press were told from the tournament’s PR that Jaziri was being awarded a wild card along with Sergei Bubka Jr. (son of the legendary pole vaulter) and UAE No.1 Omar Behrouzian.

All the journalists from the Arabic newspapers quickly took to their laptops to proudly relay the news there were going to be two Arabs in the main draw this year and many of the papers yesterday morning printed that news in the UAE and in Tunisia. They didn’t know about the 9pm phone call and like Jaziri, everyone was surprised.

Aenea
02-28-2012, 03:27 PM

I have always considered you to be one of the reasonable and well balanced Nole fans and I am surprised to find out you are actually that stupid. My mistake as I rarely visit GM otherwise I would have found that sooner. Welcome to my Ignore List.
Yeah, yeah I know you don't care blablahbla. Pfff.

70-68
02-28-2012, 03:55 PM
If a WC can be given to ANYONE regardless of the ranking and abilities, then they should have awarded it to Usain Bolt or Leo Messi, I'm sure they would have attract record crowd :shrug:

zeleni
02-28-2012, 03:56 PM
If that asthmatic(!), myopic(!) mug from Serbia(!) found his way to number one spot competing with Roger Federer(!) and Rafael Nadal(!), there is nothing that can stop Jaziri to take his spot in tennis. One WC he didn't get surely cannot.

Hypnotize
02-28-2012, 04:11 PM

What a bastard indeed. I mean, daring commenting on that "all or nothing shot" on match point instead of calling it the best shot ever was so out of line.
It was one of the stupidest comments a top player has made in a long time. I was always indifferent to Federer but I realised he was a complete tool after that comment.

shuhrat
02-28-2012, 04:17 PM
If a WC can be given to ANYONE regardless of the ranking and abilities, then they should have awarded it to Usain Bolt or Leo Messi, I'm sure they would have attract record crowd :shrug:
Surely they would come to play Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, because they receive a precious WC! Of course, the TD can afford their appearance fee as well!