WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

Tennis-Life
02-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Very interesting match. How many games Marko will be able to win? :)

LawrenceOfTennis
02-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Golubev to take out the trash.

Sham Kay
02-26-2012, 03:20 PM
MD actually has a shot here. Just push the ball and see if Golubev blows up. Pretty much what Nadal did against him.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Tell you what, if Marko somehow manages to upset Golubev (not likely) and win...that would be hilarious for many reasons. A lot of people here would be quiet, that's for sure.

ImmzB
02-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Golubev in 2.

This match is also on Centre Court.

rinnegan
02-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Marko :rocker2:

http://dailychuckle.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ee7a84388330147e2c1a8d8970b-450wi

Sunset of Age
MD actually has a shot here. Just push the ball and see if Golubev blows up. Pretty much what Nadal did against him.

:spit: :lol:
My thoughts exactly. :angel:

LawrenceOfTennis
Tell you what, if Marko somehow manages to upset Golubev (not likely) and win...that would be hilarious for many reasons. A lot of people here would be quiet, that's for sure.

Are you sure? Golubev is the biggest headcase in the history of this sport, and it says a lot. I can imagine him losing to a ballgirl.

KaiserT
02-26-2012, 03:28 PM
6-0 6-7 6-0 Golubev

zcess81
02-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Are you sure? Golubev is the biggest headcase in the history of this sport, and it says a lot. I can imagine him losing to a ballgirl.

I don't care how big of a headcase Golubev is, his ranking is WAY higher than Marko's, so if he wins, he's proved that WC was deserved (you can't expect Marko to beat Del Potro, that's totally unrealistic).

However, Marko's chances of winning are very, very slim.

BigJohn
02-26-2012, 03:31 PM
No poll?

zcess81
02-26-2012, 03:33 PM
MTF just made this the most interesting match for me tomorrow. Can't wait.

Slice Winner
02-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Golubev will destroy the real Serbian #2.

LocoPorElTenis
02-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Golubev is the only top 250 player that Marko D has any chance of beating, though it is around 0,1%.

Sunset of Age
02-26-2012, 03:52 PM
This draw is obviously rigged. :(

nadejda
02-26-2012, 03:54 PM
center court :haha:

Clay Death
02-26-2012, 03:55 PM
golubev snatches this one with his eyes closed: 6-2, 6-2.

gulzhan
02-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Yay! I knew it was spot for Golubev :rocker2:

romismak
02-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Marko seems to get right now much more attention than Nole:D:D Marko really should try to win some Challengers first, than try to be succesfull at 250 and not to play Dubai. Hope Golubev in straight sets

romismak
02-26-2012, 04:00 PM
center court :haha:

Many people will watch it, because they just heard DJokovic and don´t know it is not Nole:D:D

Tennis-Life
02-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Just imagine how Nadal wishes to be instead of Golubev tomorrow :rolleyes:

Marc23
02-26-2012, 04:05 PM
6:1 6:2 Golubev

BrunoBeidacki
02-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Marko is only playing there because Novak said that he would just play Dubai if his brother got a WC.

GSMnadal
02-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Golubev will rise to the occasion

jrm
first daddy Bubka enabling his son MD WC and now WC to someone who never cracked top300

Deathless Mortal
This 'lucky to be Nole's brother' tennis player will most likely win more than a few games since Golubev really is a headcase and will probably gift him a few games with his UEs.

Aenea
02-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Golubev will rise to the occasion

:spit:

Deathless Mortal
02-26-2012, 04:22 PM
A lot of people here would be quiet, that's for sure.

I expect the same from you if he loses 6-2 6-1 or something like that ;)

Hypnotize
02-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Golubev is obviously the favourite but it would be great if Marko can cause an upset.

ZaZoo)
02-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Marko should pull Rafito and wait for Golubev to self destruct. :lol:

MuzzahLovah
02-26-2012, 04:59 PM
As part of Nole's terms, the Dubai organizers have belated agreed to tie Golubev's left hand behind his back. Now the odds are 50-50.

Hellraiser
02-26-2012, 05:20 PM
I think it's gonna be almost the same score like it was Marko vs. Di Mauro

BigJohn
02-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Nole has already made an offer to Golubev so he'd tank it enough to make it look competitive somewhat.

It's perfectly fine, you guys would all do the exact same thing for your brother. He's the #1 player, he's entitled.

niksonion
02-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Did somebody here ever watched Marko play?I really doubt it... Actually,he hit the ball very clean...His body is real problem,because he is a tall guy who is for some reason very fragile...I think most people will be surprised that he has a decent game for somebody who is so low on ranking list,as a matter of fact,much better game...I dont think that he can win,but I expect competitive match...

mooncreek
Golubev is one of the few ATP-level players I'd actually give Marko even a prayer of a chance. That said, should be Golubev in straights.

I'm rather impressed by Nole's pull. I figured Marko would never get beyond WC for the Serbia Open and Novak's doubles partner in Mickey Mouse events.

Seingeist
Nole has already made an offer to Golubev so he'd tank it enough to make it look competitive somewhat.

It's perfectly fine, you guys would all do the exact same thing for your brother. He's the #1 player, he's entitled.

:zzz:

Aren't you even boring yourself at this point with this drivel?

Naudio Spanlatine
02-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Tough match for Marto, i hope he will win the match:D

BigJohn
02-26-2012, 06:19 PM
:zzz:

Aren't you even boring yourself at this point with this drivel?

You do understand that only Noletards are not offended by this, right?

Bobby
02-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Did somebody here ever watched Marko play?I really doubt it... Actually,he hit the ball very clean...His body is real problem,because he is a tall guy who is for some reason very fragile...I think most people will be surprised that he has a decent game for somebody who is so low on ranking list,as a matter of fact,much better game...I dont think that he can win,but I expect competitive match...

I hit the ball very clean as well. My two-handed backhand is a bit of a threat for many opponents at the local competitions around the greater Helsinki area. I might actually call the Dubai tournament director and ask about the WC possibility for next year.

Sham Kay
02-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Golubev is one of the few ATP-level players I'd actually give Marko even a prayer of a chance. That said, should be Golubev in straights.

I'd give him a prayer against only Golubev, Kukushkin and Verdasco. Anyone who draws Nando right now knows they've received a divine blessing from above.

niksonion
02-26-2012, 06:29 PM
I hit the ball very clean as well. My two-handed backhand is a bit of a threat for many opponents at the local competitions around the greater Helsinki area. I might actually call the Dubai tournament director and ask about the WC possibility for next year.

Your brother isnt relevant...So sad :wavey:

samanosuke
02-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Golubev finally got a chance to raise

BigJohn
02-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Mole will fall.

Bobby
02-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Your brother isnt relevant...So sad :wavey:

Well, what's happening in Dubai tomorrow is actually what's sad. For many reasons.

fmolinari2005
02-26-2012, 06:55 PM
That tells a lot about Novak Djokovic and his family. Only if you are a major Noletard you will fail to see that this is seriously wrong.

It seems that they really think they are God's gift to mankind and are allowed to do whatever the hell they want. I thought Nole had grown out of this, but I was wrong.

misty1
02-26-2012, 06:58 PM
is this really a match in the main draw or some kind of joke? they really gave this kid a wild card and he cant even win a futures event? abvsolutely rediculous

andrey SHOULD tear him apart , something like 6-2, 6-2

the fact that marko even got a wild card here is absolutley disgusting. I mean, i know people were rolling their eyes at bubka getting one but at least sergei has a decent ranking and has proven he can play with main tour guys

piksi
02-26-2012, 07:02 PM
It will be hard for Marko to win a game. I understand that Novak wants to help his brother but he can't transfer his talent to him.

Ravel
02-26-2012, 07:04 PM
they should have fixed it so Djokovic vs Djokovic would have been a R1 match.

I would have watched just to see whether Nole would destroy his brother or give him a few games and if it would have looked genuine if he did :lol:

masterclass
02-26-2012, 07:07 PM

;) :yeah:
Maybe you could give your countryman, Jarkko Nieminen, a call and see if he would be willing to pull a few strings for you...

Oh, wait, he hasn't been past the first round in Dubai since 2004 when he lost to Federer in the semis.

Sorry.

Respectfully,
masterclass

MaxPower
02-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Why couldn't the great Marko Djokovic play DC for Serbia vs Sweden a few weeks back. I mean we came to play with players that don't get WCs into tournaments like Dubai. Marko gets WC so he's better :)

Golubev will fall...(if N.Djokovic has paid him off) otherwise he will rise like the sun

Yolita
02-26-2012, 07:50 PM
That tells a lot about Novak Djokovic and his family. Only if you are a major Noletard you will fail to see that this is seriously wrong.

It seems that they really think they are God's gift to mankind and are allowed to do whatever the hell they want. I thought Nole had grown out of this, but I was wrong.

To start with, obviously Nole could use his position to help his brother. It's not that he thinks he can do it, he actually could do it.

Is it really so wrong?

WCs have always been used by tournament directors to do what's best for their tournaments. Can you tell me why giving a WC to Marko is worse than the Canada Masters 1000 giving a WC to Chvojka or the Erste Bank Open in Austria giving WCs to Munster (ranked 1078) and Thiem (ranked 1890), who coincidentally had to face each other in the first round? :lol: :lol:

The reason is simple: the Canadian authorities wanted to make their event attractive to Canadians, so they gave Chvojka a WC, even if he's a Futures players and their event is a Masters 1000. The Austrian authorities wanted to make their event more attractive to Austrians, they know Austrains love Muster, but they wanted somebody ranked even lower so that he would have a chance, enter Dominic Thiem. No harm done, they lost and the home crowd was happy in both occasions.

Now, back to Dubai. The Dubai crowd is very cosmopolitan. They don't want to see the many :devil: tennis players from Dubai. They want to see the #1 player in the world. So the authorities do what they have to do to make their event more attractive. They give a WC to Marko, who will lose in the first round and no harm done.

To complain about this and not about the way WCs have been used all the time all over the place is a little bit hypocritical, to put it mildly. Maybe what upsets some is the realisation that so many people want to watch Nole play, that he can get a WC for his brother. Yes... Times are changing...Nole has clout now...Deal with it and spare me the selective outrage, please. :devil:

samanosuke
02-26-2012, 08:00 PM
It would be fun if he got Fed in first round . Somehow feel Fed would dig deep for double bagel

Smoke944
To start with, obviously Nole could use his position to help his brother. It's not that he thinks he can do it, he actually could do it.

Is it really so wrong?

WCs have always been used by tournament directors to do what's best for their tournaments. Can you tell me why giving a WC to Marko is worse than the Canada Masters 1000 giving a WC to Chvojka or the Erste Bank Open in Austria giving WCs to Munster (ranked 1078) and Thiem (ranked 1890), who coincidentally had to face each other in the first round? :lol: :lol:

The reason is simple: the Canadian authorities wanted to make their event attractive to Canadians, so they gave Chvojka a WC, even if he's a Futures players and their event is a Masters 1000. The Austrian authorities wanted to make their event more attractive to Austrians, they know Austrains love Muster, but they wanted somebody ranked even lower so that he would have a chance, enter Dominic Thiem. No harm done, they lost and the home crowd was happy in both occasions.

Now, back to Dubai. The Dubai crowd is very cosmopolitan. They don't want to see the many :devil: tennis players from Dubai. They want to see the #1 player in the world. So the authorities do what they have to do to make their event more attractive. They give a WC to Marko, who will lose in the first round and no harm done.

To complain about this and not about the way WCs have been used all the time all over the place is a little bit hypocritical, to put it mildly. Maybe what upsets some is the realisation that so many people want to watch Nole play, that he can get a WC for his brother. Yes... Times are changing...Nole has clout now...Deal with it and spare me the selective outrage, please. :devil:

Sure.
Chvojka- One of the best Canadian players and consistently improving. Almost beat Dolgopolov, btw
Muster- Former world number 1 and an Austrian. Sold plenty of tickets, no doubt.
Thiem- World number 1 junior Austrian with high potential.

The Chvojka wildcard was a bit questionable beforehand, but the fact that you are comparing these other ones to Marko's is silly at best.

If giving Marko a MDWC was the only way that Djokovic would agree to play here, then I don't blame them. But on Djokovic's end it's rather silly. To be honest, giving his brother a WC into a tournament this far above his actual level won't even really help him. A qualifying WC would have made far more sense.

Alex999
lol at this thread. everyone is talking about Marko Djokovic on all tennis boards... what's the big deal? did he deserve this WC? what do you need to do to deserve WC? of course Nole wants to help. they are brothers. I'd do anything for my bro.

samanosuke
02-26-2012, 08:05 PM
what do you need to do to deserve WC?

to get a WC in UAE i doubt that you need to be 21 years old Serbian tennis player ranked 867th without single professional win

Yolita
02-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Sure.
Chvojka- One of the best Canadian players and consistently improving. Almost beat Dolgopolov, btw
Muster- Former world number 1 and an Austrian. Sold plenty of tickets, no doubt.

The Chvojka wildcard was a bit questionable beforehand, but the fact that you are comparing these other ones to Marko's is silly at best.

If giving Marko a MDWC was the only way that Djokovic would agree to play here, then I don't blame them. But on Djokovic's end it's rather silly. To be honest, giving his brother a WC into a tournament this far above his actual level won't even really help him. A qualifying WC would have made far more sense.

Exactly. That was the reason here as well: to sell more tickets.

I agree with you, it won't help Marko, it would have made more sense to get a qualifying WC. But the organisers did it to sell more tickets, like all the tournament organisers all over the world. Let's not make it a moral issue. That's what WCs are for, they usually lose in the first round, anyway, and the real players move on. No harm done.

Lee
02-26-2012, 08:21 PM
to get a WC in UAE i doubt that you need to be 21 years old Serbian tennis player ranked 867th without single professional win

But because his last name is Djokovic, he will draw more people to watch him play than the other WC from UAE. ;) And that is why he is on center court when people hardly fill up the seats at that time.

I don't think it is a good idea for Marko to get a WC to the main draw of any ATP event, let alone one of the biggest 500. But I think the family is trying as much as possible for Marko to have his last effort to make it in professional tennis (ask other families with junior players - any sports - who struggle to make it how far they would go within their powers to help their kids). Last year, Nole talked about Marko would give it another year to see if he would quit tennis and go back to school.

Yolita
02-26-2012, 08:26 PM
lol at this thread. everyone is talking about Marko Djokovic on all tennis boards... what's the big deal? did he deserve this WC? what do you need to do to deserve WC? of course Nole wants to help. they are brothers. I'd do anything for my bro.

Nothing. WCs are not "deserved". They are discretionary elements tournament directors have at their disposal to organise their event. Sometimes they have agreements between tennis federations of different countries. But basically, the tournament directors can give the WCs to whomever they want, as they see fit.

I think many people are finding it hard to move with the times, and they don't like the fact that Novak has the clout to get his brother a WC to a 500 tournament. That's the real issue, in my opinion.

Last year there were so many "undeserved" WCs for Grand Slams and Masters and nobody said a thing. So that's not the issue, obviously. :D

fmolinari2005
02-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Sure.

Thanks for replying to Yolita.

Yolita: thanks for being an example of the Noletard I was talking about.

Yolita
02-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks for replying to Yolita.

Yolita: thanks for being an example of the Noletard I was talking about.

If you read his answer carefully, he agreed with me: you can't blame the organisers for doing what they had to do to get Nole to play. The #1 player is certain to sell tickets for the tournament.

I see you have no arguments, just name-calling... :devil:

Do you honestly think the tournament would be much better off if they had given the WC to O. Awhady, like they did last year? :cool:

Marko will lose in the first round, just like Awhady did last year.

The problem is not really about the WCs... It never was...

LisaKoh
02-26-2012, 08:56 PM
As part of Nole's terms, the Dubai organizers have belated agreed to tie Golubev's left hand behind his back. Now the odds are 50-50.

:haha::haha::haha:

rutinos harcos
02-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Nothing. WCs are not "deserved". They are discretionary elements tournament directors have at their disposal to organise their event. Sometimes they have agreements between tennis federations of different countries. But basically, the tournament directors can give the WCs to whomever they want, as they see fit.

I think many people are finding it hard to move with the times, and they don't like the fact that Novak has the clout to get his brother a WC to a 500 tournament. That's the real issue, in my opinion.

Last year there were so many "undeserved" WCs for Grand Slams and Masters and nobody said a thing. So that's not the issue, obviously. :D
Certain people don't like the fact Nole has power and influence.They also don't like the fact he's the King and rules the tennis world.They actually think Fedal time will return.That's the real reason for this sharade.

Johnny Groove
02-26-2012, 09:09 PM
It would be hilarious if Djokovic won this.

Ash86
02-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Certain people don't like the fact Nole has power and influence.They also don't like the fact he's the King and rules the tennis world.They actually think Fedal time will return.That's the real reason for this sharade.

Keep telling yourself that. Being no.1 doesn't make you the "ruler" or "King" of tennis - it makes you currently the best tennis player in the world - which he is. The power and influence of Federer and Nadal far outweighs Djokovic because frankly they're better known - they're household names whilst Djokovic is still not quite at that level. It'll take Novak time to get there and there's no reason for Fedal fans to worry that Djokovic will overtake Fedal on that front.

The fact is that even Murray could ask for WCs from Dubai I'm sure - he's not the kind of guy who would though - certainly not at a late stage where somebody else who'd been promised the WC then lost out and didn't get to play the tournament. I doubt Novak knew that Jaziri would be losing out on his own WC but given how late the WC was withdrawn you'd imagine the request came late. Even if Novak does have all this "power and influence" he could certainly use it better. It's a total own goal from him and the reaction in the press is testament to that.

Hypnotize
02-26-2012, 09:54 PM
It would be hilarious if Djokovic won this.
I don't think I've ever wanted a player to win a match so much in my life just so I can watch some posters on here have a meltdown. :haha:

rutinos harcos
02-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Golubev is obviously the favourite but it would be great if Marko can cause an upset.
Are you kidding me?That'd be epic.Imagine reactions on MTF.

rutinos harcos
02-26-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't think I've ever wanted a player to win a match so much in my life just so I can watch some posters on here have a meltdown. :haha:
+1

Certinfy
02-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Golubev has days where he plays top 10 tennis as well as days where he can beat himself. Saying that even if Golubev plays the worst match of his career he'll probably still win, I mean surely we all remember Marko's ATP match in Belgrade a few years ago? :help: :tape:

Sapeod
02-26-2012, 10:09 PM
I don't like Golubev, but I want him to destroy this little worm. The quicker, the better. Hopefully, this'll be a quick but painful humiliation.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 10:09 PM

:yeah:

Same here.

Life can get dull, I need comedy.

GOAT in progress
02-26-2012, 10:38 PM
I don't like Golubev, but I want him to destroy this little worm. The quicker, the better. Hopefully, this'll be a quick but painful humiliation.

You are one disrupted man. How can you say for someone that is a little worm, and he is young and talented athletes at the beginning of his career. You're really for observation.

Poetik
02-26-2012, 10:52 PM
For sure Golubev can't take this match in two fast sets. Over in games, 3 sets and Marko with HC, are great bets. :)))))))))))

BigJohn
02-26-2012, 10:53 PM
You are one disrupted man. How can you say for someone that is a little worm, and he is young and talented athletes at the beginning of his career. You're really for observation.

If he was talented, he'd be ranked high enough to qualify himself for at least the qualif.

His only talent responsible for this is having a brother willing to shamelessly abuse his position as #1 player in the world, bringing embarrassment to himself, the brother he's trying to help, his family, the tournament organizers, and most puzzling of all, turning a few of his fans into helpless tards...

samanosuke
02-26-2012, 11:00 PM

I give you a bet . Give me one random guy from the street and I'll make 867th ranked player from him in 3 years time

BigJohn
02-26-2012, 11:17 PM
I give you a bet . Give me one random guy from the street and I'll make 867th ranked player from him in 3 years time

Unless he picks that one.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-cWxu-Gzxzbo/SnIg8eIk2SI/AAAAAAAABI8/8gCfOKvMjjM/P1040882.JPG

Doubt he will last 3 more years...

tommyg6
02-26-2012, 11:19 PM
they should've made marko plays against UAE's no.1

Hypnotize
02-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Wouldn't your time be better spent turning yourself into the 867th ranked player or did you not think of that? :haha:

Forehander
02-27-2012, 12:21 AM
What went wrong genetically? Poor Marko, it's just a cruel world.

Amber Spyglass
02-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Why are people amazed this is on centre court, when Sergei Bubka Jnr vs Lacko is a NIGHT match on centre court?

gulzhan
02-27-2012, 03:43 AM
Obviously, Golubev can be bought :tape: Just kidding :lol:

I am pretty sure Golubev will win easily. And I hope the score will be impressive.

scoutreporter
02-27-2012, 06:49 AM

Is it really so wrong?

this...

samanosuke
02-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Wouldn't your time be better spent turning yourself into the 867th ranked player or did you not think of that? :haha:

i have no money for throwing in wind like djokovic's family

leng jai
02-27-2012, 09:22 AM
The premise of this match up is GOAT in terms of comic potential. Lets all pray that it delivers :speakles:

Ajde.