Dubai Draw [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Dubai Draw

Ash86
02-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Murray-Djoko in same half. Djoko-Stebe first round. Murray plays qualifier. Fed plays Llodra.

Marko Djokovic in the draw & plays a qualifier - guess Nole got more than just an appearance fee... :rolleyes:

LawrenceOfTennis
02-25-2012, 11:32 AM
marko djokovic :lol: his brother arranged it. Will be destroyed anyway.

Deathless Mortal
02-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Ridiculous to give Marko Djokovic a WC :spit:

Del Potro-Dolgopolov, Youzhny-Gasquet and maybe Tsonga-Baghdatis should be good 1st round matches :drool:

LawrenceOfTennis
02-25-2012, 11:34 AM

Del Potro-Dolgopolov and Youzhny-Gasquet should be good 1st round matches :drool:

Delpo and his bad luck :facepalm:

drazyc
02-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Any link to the full draw?

Certinfy
02-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Lucky Federer once again. :sad:

Ash86
02-25-2012, 11:38 AM
How can Dubai justify the Marko wildcard?! He's world no. 867 & has won one match at challenger level. It's disrespectful to other players on tour. It's one thing when national federations give WC to promising players in their own tournaments but to basically oblige the top player's request and take away the opportunity for someone more deserving to get a slot in an ATP 500 (not even a minor tournament!) is ridiculous.... :facepalm:

LawrenceOfTennis
02-25-2012, 11:39 AM
How can Dubai justify the Marko wildcard?! He's world no. 867 & has won one challenger. It's disrespectful to other players on tour. It's one thing when national federations give WC to promising players in their own tournaments but to basically oblige the top player's request and take away the opportunity for someone more deserving to get a slot in an ATP 500 (not even a minor tournament!) is ridiculous.... :facepalm:

The djokovic family has good connections in the ATP.

TennisOnWood
02-25-2012, 11:41 AM
How can Dubai justify the Marko wildcard?! He's world no. 867 & has won one match at challenger level. It's disrespectful to other players on tour. It's one thing when national federations give WC to promising players in their own tournaments but to basically oblige the top player's request and take away the opportunity for someone more deserving to get a slot in an ATP 500 (not even a minor tournament!) is ridiculous.... :facepalm:

Must Be Funny In A Rich Man's World

scoobs
02-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Having a brother who's world #1 and has appearance demand clout clearly has its compensations.

Look forward to seeing the full draw.

Ash86
02-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Shame that Marko didn't draw Fed in the first round. Would have served the Djokovic family right to have Fed take apart junior Djokovic for trying to take shortcuts like this. :o

The WC does him no favours when his level is clearly so below 500 level.

Lucky Fed to avoid Murray again. Will be ever get a Fed-Murray match again?!! Will have to hope for a final here....

n8
02-25-2012, 11:42 AM
1. Djokovic, Novac (1)
2. Stebe
3. Stakhovsky
4. Awadlry
5. Ljubicic
6. Cipolla
7. Kunitsyn
8. Tipsarevic (7)
------------------------
9. Murray (3)
10. Q
11. Davydenko
12. Q
13. Q
14. Bubka
15. B. Becker
16. Berdych (5)
------------------------
17. Del Potro (8)
18. Dolgopolov
19. Q
20. M.Djokovic
21. Mannarino
22. Rosol
23. Baghdatis
24. Tsonga (4)
------------------------
25. Fish (6)
26. A.Beck
27. Youzhny
28. Gasquet
29. Mahut
30. Lopez
31. Llodra
32. Federer (2)

Certinfy
02-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Murray's draw is pretty hard after R1. Davydenko and then Berdych just to make the semi's. :o

The rematch of Tsonga vs Del Potro is sure to happen, no way should either lose to Dolgo or Baghdatis.

Ash86
02-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Novak will get to the semi no-problem - then we can see what Murray can do. Murray may have trouble with Berdych though. Really hope we get to see Djokovic/Murray.

Fed will get to the QF easily - then it's up to Del Po or Tsonga to take advantage of it being an outdoor HC - Del Po at least should have a way better shot here than at Rotterdam.

Nole Rules
02-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Why they always put a Serb in Nole's quarter? Fkn rigged.

LawrenceOfTennis
02-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Why they always put a Serb in Nole's quarter? Fkn rigged.

marko djokovic's spot is rigged. and federers draws.

Arakasi
02-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Federer has a nice draw. Quite tough for Murray. I wish Berdy and Tipsarevic swapped places though.

LisaKoh
02-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Tsonga versus Baghdatis is a great match. Time for them to relive their Junior rivalry. Marko Djokovic seems to have an easy draw with a Q as his first match, at least he's not playing anybody from the main draw.

Federer's got Fish in his quarter which should be easy enough. Del Po and Tsonga to meet again, oh joy. I feel like Murray can beat Djokovic in the semi as revenge for Australia.

RIboy
02-25-2012, 11:53 AM
m. djokovic's and bubka's spots are rigged

http://i43.tinypic.com/2yoantl.jpg

Deathless Mortal
02-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Too bad Rafa skipped Dubai. Would be hilarious if he played and got Marko Djokovic in R1, that way he could finally beat Djokovic.

rutinos harcos
02-25-2012, 11:55 AM

Del Potro-Dolgopolov, Youzhny-Gasquet and maybe Tsonga-Baghdatis should be good 1st round matches :drool:
I hope Youzhny and Dolgo will beat those mugs.If they do,it'll be good for tennis.

Certinfy
02-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Too bad Rafa skipped Dubai. Would be hilarious if he played and got Marko Djokovic in R1, that way he could finally beat Djokovic.
:haha: :worship:

stanch
02-25-2012, 12:02 PM

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

Goooooood... :devil:

Hypnotize
02-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Shame that Marko didn't draw Fed in the first round. Would have served the Djokovic family right to have Fed take apart junior Djokovic for trying to take shortcuts like this. :o

The WC does him no favours when his level is clearly so below 500 level.

Lucky Fed to avoid Murray again. Will be ever get a Fed-Murray match again?!! Will have to hope for a final here....
I would laugh if he wins his first match just to stop your whining. Even if he looses, which is likely, it will be good experience for him that he can draw in future matches. I really don't see the problem here anyway. All young players who don't come from the UK, US, France or Australia (along with their Asian WC) are disadvantaged because they have no hope of getting a WC into the 4 slams. Dubai were clearly desperate to get Novak to play so they offered him this inducement.

Mystique
02-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Murray talking about Dubai court speed: "It’s very fast conditions, very quick courts, so took me a few days to get used to that..."

Good for Roger both this news and the draw:D The players in his Qtr are attacking, but cant see them actually beating him. His draw is not too hard but should keep him on his toes without relaxing going into the weekend.
Djokovic's Qtr is a joke, the semis could be tough but Murray is in a hard Qtr...
However, hard first rds for Delpo and Tsonga coming off Marseille. :sad:

SERBINATOR
02-25-2012, 12:10 PM

LOL

but i have to agree with others here, without some "string pulling" Marko could not have got the WC

Influence does play a huge part in tennis afterall

rinnegan
02-25-2012, 12:10 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly9fswWJwX1qfaknl.gif

Ash86
02-25-2012, 12:11 PM
I would laugh if he wins his first match just to stop your whining. Even if he looses, which is likely, it will be good experience for him that he can draw in future matches. I really don't see the problem here anyway. All young players who don't come from the UK, US, France or Australia (along with their Asian WC) are disadvantaged because they have no hope of getting a WC into the 4 slams. Dubai were clearly desperate to get Novak to play so they offered him this inducement.

Marko can get a WC if he wins some challenger matches and shows some potential first. The USA, France etc. aren't handing wild cards to world no. 800s with one challenger match won! If it's a young prodigy then perhaps - but that's not Marko - isn't he like 20? So Marko wouldn't get a WC even if he was British, French etc. He's got this for one reason and one reason only - because of his brother. No need to try and justify this with the whole "poor Marko's from Serbia and so doesn't have opportunities". He can get a Belgrade WC & can work on winning more matches to be even near the level justifying a 500 ATP WC - this was too soon and a bad move PR-wise from Novak.

Li Ching Yuen
02-25-2012, 12:17 PM
The ATP policy has changed, apparently only Fed - Nadal semies from now on. Too bad they forgot to add an exception for when the Spaniard takes fishing trips instead of playing the tournaments.

rutinos harcos
02-25-2012, 12:22 PM
LOL

but i have to agree with others here, without some "string pulling" Marko could not have got the WC

Influence does play a huge part in tennis afterall
They might've included Djorde too.

DOOOBAAAR.

TennisOnWood
02-25-2012, 12:25 PM

Bjorn Fratangelo, winner of junior Roland Garros played Quali's for Futures in November

Clay Death
02-25-2012, 12:27 PM
murray gets all the right tests therefore he will be better prepared when he gets to the final.

gulzhan
02-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Marko Djokovic in the draw & plays a qualifier - guess Nole got more than just an appearance fee... :rolleyes:

Some lucky qualifier ;)

Allez
02-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Tricky draw for Murray. Looking forward to the Nole rematch ;)

nalbyfan
02-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Delpo and his bad luck :facepalm:

It's bad luck for overrated Dolgo, not for Delpo

Clay Death
02-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Tricky draw for Murray. Looking forward to the Nole rematch ;)

hello allez. i am calling it just right mate.

this is just what the doctor ordered. he is well on his way in 2012 if he asserts himself here and snatches the title. the table is all set for him. now all he has to do is run the damn table and sho now mercy.

he doesnt need an easy draw if he wants to beat the best. a true warrior wants the best battles.

Hypnotize
02-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Marko can get a WC if he wins some challenger matches and shows some potential first. The USA, France etc. aren't handing wild cards to world no. 800s with one challenger match won! If it's a young prodigy then perhaps - but that's not Marko - isn't he like 20? So Marko wouldn't get a WC even if he was British, French etc. He's got this for one reason and one reason only - because of his brother. No need to try and justify this with the whole "poor Marko's from Serbia and so doesn't have opportunities". He can get a Belgrade WC & can work on winning more matches to be even near the level justifying a 500 ATP WC - this was too soon and a bad move PR-wise from Novak.
How is it bad PR? He got his brother a spot in the draw where he now has to prove himself, he didn't buy him a GS title. Most people will respect him for that because it's no different to someone getting their son/brother/friend a job interview. If Marko pulls out a win, it will be a great story for the tournament,if he looses, it will be forgotten about after a day by everyone except the usual drama-queens on here. :p

rutinos harcos
02-25-2012, 12:40 PM
murray gets all the right tests therefore he will be better prepared when he gets to the final.
The semi final you mean?There his run ends.
DOOOBAAAR.

Clay Death
02-25-2012, 12:43 PM
The semi final you mean?There his run ends.
DOOOBAAAR.

negative.

you got him beat already. should he just head to indian wells then?

next.

Chirag
02-25-2012, 12:46 PM
I believe he will win but I really want to see a Fed Nole final here (my 2 favourate players as of now) so I wont be rooting for him

Sound2k10
02-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Sounds as if Tsonga will be particularly dangerous if he can recover from Marseille with Murray reckoning the courts were pretty fast.

Nole Rules
02-25-2012, 12:50 PM
I can see Murray winning but there is nothing he can do if he faces in-form Djoker in the semis.

ossie
02-25-2012, 12:51 PM
delpo-dolgo what a goat match up.

Clay Death
tsonga is always dangerous but he is not winning dubai. too many big sharks here for him.

Clay Death
I can see Murray winning but there is nothing he can do if he faces in-form Djoker in the semis.

its best of 3 on fast hard courts mate.

somebody can get hot and its over.

rutinos harcos
02-25-2012, 12:52 PM
negative.

you got him beat already. should he just head to indian wells then?

next.
Nole wants to beat Jerk Fed in the final.Andy is in his way,so bad luck for Lendl's pupil.

DOOOBAAAR.

Clay Death
02-25-2012, 12:54 PM
why do you have to be so damned angry all the time?

grab a drink and enjoy the party.

Chirag
02-25-2012, 12:57 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/495/mds.pdf

The full draw

zcess81
02-25-2012, 12:59 PM
You all whine that it's "unfair" that Marko got a WC...as if you wouldn't do the same thing for your brother if you could. It's real easy to sit back and judge behind computer screens. I bet 99.99% of you would do things FAR, FAR worse for your brother/sister's career. I agree that these WC won't do Marko any good, but I understand why Novak did this for him. Do you really think that Nadal's sister doesn't benefit/is not presented with opportunities in her life she otherwise wouldn't be just from having a Nadal surname? Life is unfair, deal with it.

sheva07
02-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Stakhovsky's schedule is pretty sick with Rotterdam, Memphis and Dubai in a row. Not too smart I think.

rutinos harcos
02-25-2012, 01:03 PM
why do you have to be so damned angry all the time?

grab a drink and enjoy the party.
I'm not angry,just realistic.I don't need drink to have fun.Btw,it's a pity clay warrior is skipping this tournament.Would love to see another Spartan final.

DOOOBAAAR.

Clay Death
02-25-2012, 01:04 PM
You all whine that it's "unfair" that Marko got a WC...as if you wouldn't do the same thing for your brother if you could. It's real easy to sit back and judge behind computer screens. I bet 99.99% of you would do things FAR, FAR worse for your brother/sister's career. I agree that it these WC won't do Marko any good, but I understand why Novak did this for him. Do you really think that Nadal's sister doesn't benefit in her life from having a Nadal surname? Life is unfair, deal with it.

excellent post. also NoDjok is very close to his family. he loves his brothers.

i see nothing wrong. families that stick close go far.

i would do the same for my little brother if i was in a similar position.

Clay Death
02-25-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm not angry,just realistic.I don't need drink to have fun.Btw,it's a pity clay warrior is skipping this tournament.Would love to see another Spartan final.

DOOOBAAAR.

that moron needs work on his game and his fitness. getting his ass kicked on fast hard courts will not net him much except a huge appearance fee. he is worth over $200 million now so to hell with that appearance fee.

i hope he is spending his time wisely. fucking around with ronaldo and other global soccer superstars or wasting time on the golf courses is one of the reason why he gets his ass kicked so regularly.

he doesnt realize that soon he will be out of the sport and he will have 60 years to go mad on a golf courses.

LisaKoh
02-25-2012, 01:08 PM
You all whine that it's "unfair" that Marko got a WC...as if you wouldn't do the same thing for your brother if you could. It's real easy to sit back and judge behind computer screens. I bet 99.99% of you would do things FAR, FAR worse for your brother/sister's career. I agree that it these WC won't do Marko any good, but I understand why Novak did this for him. Do you really think that Nadal's sister doesn't benefit/is not presented with opportunities in her life she otherwise wouldn't be just from having a Nadal surname? Life is unfair, deal with it.

Well the great thing about the ATP is that nepotism can only go so far. It's a pity that Marko has not had the same success as his older brother but at the end of the day, if he can't cut it there is only so much that Novak can do for him with WCs and all. Let's see if he can do it but if not, there are plenty of other alternative careers for him within the family business.

Davydenko/Murray is a great barometer for how well both of them are playing. Davydenko notched most of his wins against Murray back when Andy was much younger but Murray has been able to reverse the H2H in his favor. It'll be an interesting match to watch, at least if Davy shows up in a party-spoiling mood.

iriraz
02-25-2012, 01:14 PM
If this was Serbian Open it would be understandable for M.Djokovic to get a WC but in this strong field at Dubai is really ridiculous.

zcess81
02-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Well the great thing about the ATP is that nepotism can only go so far. It's a pity that Marko has not had the same success as his older brother but at the end of the day, if he can't cut it there is only so much that Novak can do for him with WCs and all. Let's see if he can do it but if not, there are plenty of other alternative careers for him within the family business.

Davydenko/Murray is a great barometer for how well both of them are playing. Davydenko notched most of his wins against Murray back when Andy was much younger but Murray has been able to reverse the H2H in his favor. It'll be an interesting match to watch, at least if Davy shows up in a party-spoiling mood.

I agree with you. The truth is, if Marko was as promising as Nole was, he'd have had something to show for it by now. He just isn't a top 100 material, and that's the truth imo. Maybe, deep down, Nole knows this and wants to do as much as he can for his brother before the reality sinks in and Marko has to seek another career.

STUHL
02-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Poor Stebe :sad:

Deathless Mortal
02-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Stakhovsky's schedule is pretty sick with Rotterdam, Memphis and Dubai in a row. Not too smart I think.

The same with Benji Becker. He played in Bergamo, now reached SF in Memphis, and is scheduled to play in Dubai. I think it's very possible he withdraws.

pitaoddetlica
02-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Just to be clear, Marko Djokovic is a very good player, but he had very bad injury of his arm, so that's why he's so low on the rankings. And he trains in Dubai, so that's probable reason of his WC not Novak or his family influence. If Australia, France, USA and others can WC their low ranked player why cant Dubai WC player that trains there if they don't have players of their own. It's just to bad Marko will have to face Delpo in the 2nd round. Delpo is to phisicaly too strong for him at the moment. So, please, wait to see Marko playing then judge.
And these is his come back, so please support him. It's very bad when you hurt your self in the start, so I feel very greatfull to ATP Dubai for giving him a chance to play.

zcess81
02-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Just to be clear, Marko Djokovic is a very good player, but he had very bad injury of his arm, so that's why he's so low on the rankings. And he trains in Dubai, so that's probable reason of his WC not Novak or his family influence. If Australia, France, USA and others can WC their low ranked player why cant Dubai WC player that trains there if they don't have players of their own. It's just to bad Marko will have to face Delpo in the 2nd round. Delpo is to phisicaly too strong for him at the moment. So, please, wait to see Marko playing then judge.
And these is his come back, so please support him. It's very bad when you hurt your self in the start, so I feel very greatfull to ATP Dubai for giving him a chance to play.

Countries give WC to low ranked players from THEIR OWN country, or players who showed promise. Marko just trains there, there's a difference. There is no denying that Nole helped him get a WC, lets just hope that Marko can justify it and reach 2nd round (or better).

RIboy
02-25-2012, 01:31 PM

http://www.punter-land.rs/Smileys/default/n_heart.gif

henke007
02-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Lucky Federer once again. :sad:

He has Delpo and Tsonga...

pitaoddetlica
02-25-2012, 01:45 PM
I agree with you. The truth is, if Marko was as promising as Nole was, he'd have had something to show for it by now. He just isn't a top 100 material, and that's the truth imo. Maybe, deep down, Nole knows this and wants to do as much as he can for his brother before the reality sinks in and Marko has to seek another career.

So, basically, if country doesn't have big ATP tournaments it's not fair for anyone else to WC their players, but it's OK that player be WC in his country.
I think if big tournaments want to WC anyone that's totally OK. I'm already sick of 'regular' WC, specially in GS. So, if anyone wants to WC someone else PLEASE DO!!!

Sunset of Age
02-25-2012, 01:48 PM

You missed the point. Delpo and Tsonga aren't part of the Big 4, so they don't matter. Heck, are they even capable of playing tennis? ;)

In all, nice draw, apart from DelPotro and Dolgo quite possibly meeting again.

Sound2k10
02-25-2012, 01:53 PM

No, he has Delpo or Tsonga. His quarter is piss easy.

Johnny Groove
02-25-2012, 01:56 PM
This is a mug tournament. I am more interested with Delray Beach.

Helevorn
02-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Don't understand why someone got surprised by M. Djokovic's WC.. in Dubai nothing is worth more than money, and N. Djokovic has plenty of it..

zcess81
02-25-2012, 01:59 PM
So, basically, if country doesn't have big ATP tournaments it's not fair for anyone else to WC their players, but it's OK that player be WC in his country.
I think if big tournaments want to WC anyone that's totally OK. I'm already sick of 'regular' WC, specially in GS. So, if anyone wants to WC someone else PLEASE DO!!!

Wild Cards cannot be given just to "anyone"...in theory. Of course if your brother is current world #1, rules can be broken. The whole point of wild cards is to give opportunity to home players, or promising upcoming players (or, sometimes they give them to former pros who want to come back). Marko hasn't shown any promise...he hasn't had any results against top 100 players, and his ranking is nowhere near where it should be. If it wasn't for Nole, there is no way in hell he'd be getting that Dubai WC. It's not fair, but life isn't fair. I fully understand why Nole did it though. Very few of us wouldn't be helping our brother/sister if we were in position Nole is in. Like I said, let's hope Marko can justify it by getting a few wins, or at least making it competitive.

theseth1119
02-25-2012, 02:03 PM

Lol, Delray Beach, Roddick, Isner, Cilic?, Troicki, Anderson, Bogmolov Jr., Melzer, Blake, what a joke!

Chirag
02-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Don't understand why someone got surprised by M. Djokovic's WC.. in Dubai nothing is worth more than money, and N. Djokovic has plenty of it..

actually its the other way round .Novak wanted his brother to play so he threatened to pull out if his demand wasnt meant .That would be a big loss to the organisers so they went through with it

Chirag
02-25-2012, 02:04 PM

who isnt .I am in all 3 events but this one taes the cake for me .I hope all the top players play here

theseth1119
02-25-2012, 02:05 PM

Acapulco shows more promise, seriously, Ferrer, Almagro, Simon, F. Mayer, Wawrinka, Verdasco, Monaco, and Ferrero.

zcess81
02-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Actually, it'd be interesting to know what Nole's ranking was when he got his 1st wild card for 500 tournament (and if he had any decent results beforehand).

Garson007
02-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Nole stronger than Uncle Toni. Nole would have lost all his points for the tournament if he drew his brother.

Chirag
02-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Nole stronger than Uncle Toni. Nole would have lost all his points for the tournament if he drew his brother.
that was never gonna happen of course :rolleyes:

LisaKoh
02-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Lots of number one players use their clout to get people WCs. Federer got a WC for Del Potro in Basel back in 2006 because he liked the kid, but then again Del Potro is of another class of player from Marko Djokovic. Fed also got WCs for Yves Allegro to play doubles in big tournaments so he could help a buddy out. It's not such a big thing, I'd say it's pretty common for top players to do this and tournaments are happy to accommodate them.

zcess81
02-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Lots of number one players use their clout to get people WCs. Federer got a WC for Del Potro in Basel back in 2006 because he liked the kid, but then again Del Potro is of another class of player from Marko Djokovic. Fed also got WCs for Yves Allegro to play doubles in big tournaments so he could help a buddy out. It's not such a big thing, I'd say it's pretty common for top players to do this and tournaments are happy to accommodate them.

I bet he's regretting that ever since he lost to him in USO final.

LisaKoh
02-25-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't think so, I think they're still pretty tight. They were practicing together in Rotterdam a week ago and Federer said that he missed Del Po when he was out injured so I don't think he's bitter about it. If anything, Federer should have been pissed at himself because he had that match in the bag but he let it get away from him.

But back on topic, let's see if M. Djokovic can make it into the second round. Looking at other tennis families, I'm actually pretty amazed at what Marat Safin and his sister have been able to do, as well as Venus and Serena.

cutesteve22
02-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Gasquet vs Youzhny :drool:
and hope the winner could meet Roger!! would be great for me.

Voo de Mar
02-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Bubka and >Djokovic got wild cards :haha: Surnames more important than skills :worship: ;)

MuzzahLovah
02-25-2012, 02:27 PM
So Fed gets fish and Djokovic gets Tipsy- And Murray gets who? Berdych! I'm guessing the organizers really want another Fed-Djokic final. Watch Del Potro beat Tsonga and rollover to Fed again.

Sunset of Age
02-25-2012, 02:29 PM
:lol: at the discussion of M. Djokovic getting a WC in Dubai.
What's the problem? Tournaments hand out WCs to mugs all the time, and as Dubai isn't actually bulking with young tennis talent, it's no wonder that they handed it out to the Djoko-bro, as it will surely generate some interest.
Most usually all WC holders are out by the time the 2nd round starts off.
(yes, I do remember Ivanisevic in Wimbledon... ;))

I don't think so, I think they're still pretty tight. They were practicing together in Rotterdam a week ago and Federer said that he missed Del Po when he was out injured so I don't think he's bitter about it. If anything, Federer should have been pissed at himself because he had that match in the bag but he let it get away from him.

Even more, Fed said in his post-match speech that he's hoping/expecting that DelPotro will make it to the WTF this year, "for sure". :)

LuCC
02-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Another 10+ pages just because some young guy got WC? Go and get some real life.

Horatio Caine
02-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Not too much doubt with how the draw will play out.

Djokovic and Federer pretty much dead certs for the SF.

The other two SF slots will most probably be decided through these QF matches:
Murray vs. Berdych
Del Potro vs. Tsonga

Hopefully those four guys can show some of their best tennis, because those two matches could be crackers.

What is Bubka's connection with these Gulf states?

Marc23
02-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Marko Djokovic a WC :spit:

Guess that's his pocket money for this week :devil:

MuzzahLovah
02-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Not too much doubt with how the draw will play out.

Djokovic and Federer pretty much dead certs for the SF.

The other two SF slots will most probably be decided through these QF matches:
Murray vs. Berdych
Del Potro vs. Tsonga

Hopefully those four guys can show some of their best tennis, because those two matches could be crackers.

Rich friends?

Voo de Mar
02-25-2012, 02:44 PM

Maybe one of Sheikhs admires his father :shrug:

LisaKoh
02-25-2012, 02:45 PM
What are the odds on M. Djokovic winning the tournament? They must be astronomical.

ZaZoo)
02-25-2012, 02:49 PM
With draws Olderer gets, it's pretty nid that we won't get to see match up between him and Muzza just like last whole year.

masterclass
02-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Not a bad draw. Here are the questions:

Keeping in mind that the top players are getting hefty appearance fees...

1. Will Mr. Tipsarevic roll over, or will the match play like the WTF Finals where alternate Tipsarevic sent Mr. N. Djokovic on vacation early 3-6, 6-3, 6-3?

2. Will Nikolay Davydenko (foot) be healthy enough to whip Andy Murray in Dubai again? If he is and does, can he then revenge last year's defeat against Mr. Berdych?

3. If Andy Murray/Lendl gets through to Mr. N. Djokovic, will Mr. Djokovic fight hard enough to win, or will he not really care?

4. Will Berdych be able to beat Murray/Davidenko and Novak Djokovic without succumbing to his mental demons?

-----

5. Will the Gentle Giant Juan Martin del Potro be able to handle Slice and Dice Alex Dolgopolov's spin game?

6. Will Marko Djokovic justify his wildcard entry and beat at least the Qualifier?

7. How many racquets will Marcos Baghdatis break before falling to Mr. Tsonga?

8. Which player wants to play Roger Federer the least, Mardy Fish, or Richard Gasquet?

9. Would Roger Federer rather face Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in another semifinal, or hope for a huge upset in the Tsonga quarter, and beat Djokovic twice in the same tournament?

Let's see who gets the most correct answers :)

Respectfully,
masterclass

MuzzahLovah
02-25-2012, 04:00 PM
With draws Olderer gets, it's pretty nid that we won't get to see match up between him and Muzza just like last whole year.

They will never play again.

fran70
02-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Seems to be that talented Novak needs to put some pressure on tournament organizations in order to put his talanted brother on the professional wheel :o

heya
02-25-2012, 04:03 PM
federer failed to make del potro the top ranked player in 2009.
he forgot that helping del potro to receive basel wildcard didn't stop djokovic from becoming number 1 :devil:

Clay Death
02-25-2012, 04:04 PM
murray for the title. go get em highlander.

Imperfect Angel
02-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Tsonga vs Djokovic final.:p

Alex999
02-25-2012, 04:06 PM
lol at this thread. too much talk about M. Djokovic. he got a WC so what. lol. he'll probably lose in R1. I'd rather see the younger brother playing in Dubai, but the kid is too young ... who knows? maybe next year we'll get to see 3 Djokovic guys at the tournament ;)

heya
02-25-2012, 04:38 PM
i'm sure with davis cup ties and less dubai money, federror would be titleless and slamless the last 5 years.

Clay Death
02-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Not a bad draw. Here are the questions:

Keeping in mind that the top players are getting hefty appearance fees...

1. Will Mr. Tipsarevic roll over, or will the match play like the WTF Finals where alternate Tipsarevic sent Mr. N. Djokovic on vacation early 3-6, 6-3, 6-3?

2. Will Nikolay Davydenko (foot) be healthy enough to whip Andy Murray in Dubai again? If he is and does, can he then revenge last year's defeat against Mr. Berdych?

3. If Andy Murray/Lendl gets through to Mr. N. Djokovic, will Mr. Djokovic fight hard enough to win, or will he not really care?

4. Will Berdych be able to beat Murray/Davidenko and Novak Djokovic without succumbing to his mental demons?

-----

5. Will the Gentle Giant Juan Martin del Potro be able to handle Slice and Dice Alex Dolgopolov's spin game?

6. Will Marko Djokovic justify his wildcard entry and beat at least the Qualifier?

7. How many racquets will Marcos Baghdatis break before falling to Mr. Tsonga?

8. Which player wants to play Roger Federer the least, Mardy Fish, or Richard Gasquet?

9. Would Roger Federer rather face Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in another semifinal, or hope for a huge upset in the Tsonga quarter, and beat Djokovic twice in the same tournament?

Let's see who gets the most correct answers :)

Respectfully,
masterclass

great post. somebody may have reprimanded baggy after breaking all those racquets so no more broken racquets for him.

fish`s level is dropping but they would want to avoid Fed.

marko will lose in the first round.

d-pot may do well here.

davydenko`s stock is falling.

berdych just doesnt have it.

NoDjok might be looking ahead to indian wells and miami masters. he may have come here to collect that huge appearance fee. we will jsut have to waint and see.

MaxPower
02-25-2012, 04:47 PM
giving Marko Djokovic a WC entry? Only a couple of hundred players more deserving. Name means more than skills i guess. Sad for the sport.

but maybe he will prove everyone wrong and win a round :)

luie
02-25-2012, 05:05 PM
I see the djokovics are making the most of their fame.

Alex999
02-25-2012, 05:17 PM
I see the djokovics are making the most of their fame.
well, it comes with the territory...not a big deal.

alfonsojose
02-25-2012, 05:27 PM
:eek: Uncle Tony Who? Nole is the mobster here

masterclass
02-25-2012, 05:42 PM
great post. somebody may have reprimanded baggy after breaking all those racquets so no more broken racquets for him.

fish`s level is dropping but they would want to avoid Fed.

marko will lose in the first round.

d-pot may do well here.

davydenko`s stock is falling.

berdych just doesnt have it.

NoDjok might be looking ahead to indian wells and miami masters. he may have come here to collect that huge appearance fee. we will jsut have to waint and see.

Yes. Davydenko is a question mark as well as Berdych. You can never tell if they will bring their A level game or not.
For Davydenko, it's understandable... Berdych should be more consistently dominating thank he is on faster courts.

Del Potro's playing well. I think he needs to play with more fire, more determination, to get him to the higher levels that the top 3 and sometimes 4 play on.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Alex999
02-25-2012, 05:43 PM
:eek: Uncle Tony Who? Nole is the mobster here
Serbian mafia >>> Spanish mafia, lol

Ash86
02-25-2012, 05:44 PM

Are there examples of other no.1s pulling favours quite like this where the recipient isn't even remotely deserving? Rafa gets his friend Marc Lopez WC in doubles tournaments where he wants to play but a) Lopez is a good doubles player and b) the tournament gets Nadal in the double draw which in itself is attractive. Same with Fed & his WCs - he's not getting Swiss friends who have never won an ATP match places in the draw...

Marko last played an ATP match 2 years ago - he's now got a spot in what people at MTF have classed as one of the best 500 tournaments - to me this goes further than just helping out a family member. I guess the one person who'll be happy is the qualifier who gets a guaranteed first round win (one would assume anyway - given those with rankings over 800 don't usually win 2 sets in an ATP 500...).

I'm aware WCs are given in tennis for various reasons all the time - and for a smaller tournament with clearer ties to Djokovic I'd perhaps understand it more, but an ATP 500 is not a place for Marko. Interesting to see all the Novak fans acting like every top player does this. The Bubka WC is just as hilarious. I don't see why rich, privileged parents don't understand that you do your child more of a favour by making them earn their place somewhere rather than have it be handed on a plate. :shrug:

rutinos harcos
02-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Yeah,he's Michael Corleone of tennis sport.

DOOOBAAAR.

Smoke944
02-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Are there examples of other no.1s pulling favours quite like this where the recipient isn't even remotely deserving? Rafa gets his friend Marc Lopez WC in doubles tournaments where he wants to play but a) Lopez is a good doubles player and b) the tournament gets Nadal in the double draw which in itself is attractive. Same with Fed & his WCs - he's not getting Swiss friends who have never won an ATP match places in the draw...

Marko last played an ATP match 2 years ago - he's now got a spot in what people at MTF have classed as one of the best 500 tournaments - to me this goes further than just helping out a family member. I guess the one person who'll be happy is the qualifier who gets a guaranteed first round win (one would assume anyway - given those with rankings over 800 don't usually win 2 sets in an ATP 500...).

I'm aware WCs are given in tennis for various reasons all the time - and for a smaller tournament with clearer ties to Djokovic I'd perhaps understand it more, but an ATP 500 is not a place for Marko. Interesting to see all the Novak fans acting like every top player does this. The Bubka WC is just as hilarious. I don't see why rich, privileged parents don't understand that you do your child more of a favour by making them earn their place somewhere rather than have it be handed on a plate. :shrug:

No, it's not. Bubka is ~150 in the world, while Marko has never even won a future before.

cobalt60
02-25-2012, 05:54 PM
The djokovic family has good connections in the ATP.

Ridiculous to give Marko a WC. Also talk about egos to even ask for this. I usually keep out of the politics involved but this is something else.

GSMnadal
02-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Getting humiliated in front of a world audience, nice gift for your little brother

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Come on now, spare a thought for poor Marko. Can't be easy living in Novak's shadow, especially when he was hyped up so big himself and flopped so badly. For that reason alone, I hope he beats the qualifier he drew in the 1st round.

GSMnadal
02-25-2012, 06:01 PM
'The brothers are on opposite sides of the draw so the only chance they could play each other would be in the final.'

Some quality journalism right there

Alex999
02-25-2012, 06:11 PM

ash, I do agree with you. Marco hasn't earned to be in an ATP 500 tournament. but what do you do? the kid will lose in R1 and that's the end of the story. I think that the tournament organizers probably thought that would be fun to have 2 Djokovics at the tournament. Yes, I'm sure that there are probably more tennis players deserving this WC more than Marco...it's sad but it is what it is...

Sunset of Age
02-25-2012, 06:12 PM
'The brothers are on opposite sides of the draw so the only chance they could play each other would be in the final.'

Some quality journalism right there

That is a joke, I hope? Please? :tape:

acionescu
02-25-2012, 06:12 PM

yeah, the Balkan territory :facepalm:

Alex999
02-25-2012, 06:20 PM
man, I was really j/k. we are simply making a big deal out of this. I don't think it's right but Nole as the best player in the world does have that influence, like it or not. I'm just stating the fact.

BigJohn
02-25-2012, 06:21 PM

The problem is not really that Nole would do this: it has been established for some times now that he is a classless douche who feels entitled to everything. He was a full of himself attention-whore diva when he was an also ran, so so you can only imagine how bad things are now in his transitional #1 period.

The problem is with the tournaments organizers for bending over and asking if they should spread their legs some more. They lost credibility and disrespected tennis players. As a tennis fan, you should feel at least somewhat offended.

Alex999
02-25-2012, 06:23 PM
no man, one more thing...when you are the best player in the world the whole world is yours :)

Corey Feldman
02-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Marko Djokovic, Nole running the show:lol:

guess he'll be in every tournie Nole plays from now on

Corey Feldman
02-25-2012, 06:32 PM
how much longer before the annoying tiny Djokovic brother gets in

BigJohn
02-25-2012, 06:34 PM

Nole can only get WTA wcs for that one.

TennisOnWood
02-25-2012, 06:36 PM

We will see.. this year's Djokovic Open or Dubai 2013. All in all, he will be first player born in 1995 to play ATP tournament match

MuzzahLovah
02-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Marko Djokovic, Nole running the show:lol:

guess he'll be in every tournie Nole plays from now on

Nope, only in the ones that are desperate to get Nole, so I'm guessing the mandatory masters and slams are safe from Marko.

Corey Feldman
02-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Fed's draw actually tricky as he could get Dubai specialist F.Lo in 2nd round

hoping for a Muzza-Fed final

LawrenceOfTennis
02-25-2012, 06:43 PM
I hope Murray somehow beats Djokovic then beats his slave again.

tennizen
02-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Double the Djokovics implies double the delight!

Lopez
02-25-2012, 06:45 PM
The WC for Marko is indeed a bit undeserved, however to be fair his current ranking isn't right either. Hasn't he been injured?

TBkeeper
02-25-2012, 06:51 PM
We will see.. this year's Djokovic Open or Dubai 2012. All in all, he will be first player born in 1995 to play ATP tournament match

I thought he was 1991 ? actually according to atpworldtour.....

TennisOnWood
02-25-2012, 06:51 PM
I thought he was 1991 ? actually according to atpworldtour.....

This is brother number 3!!

Smoke944
02-25-2012, 06:52 PM
The WC for Marko is indeed a bit undeserved, however to be fair his current ranking isn't right either. Hasn't he been injured?

He has definitely been slowed down by injuries, yeah. But the idea that he was ever thought of as a serious talent is simply false.

TBkeeper
02-25-2012, 06:59 PM
This is brother number 3!!

oh ... Djordje Djokovic (facepalm) and i want to ask who is the first 94 born player to be in an ATP tournament ?

samanosuke
02-25-2012, 07:01 PM
watch how whinny bitches because of Fed draw will transform into " who cares for this mm tournament " at the end of the week if Fed wins the title

TennisOnWood
02-25-2012, 07:05 PM
oh ... Djordje Djokovic (facepalm) and i want to ask who is the first 94 born player to be in an ATP tournament ?

Someone like him.. famous Jabor Al Mutawa in Doha this year :devil:

SerialKillerToBe
02-25-2012, 07:06 PM
They should demote Cinci masters to a 500 titles and promote Dubai to 1000 level.

Johnny Groove
02-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Roger really needs to win this if he wants to put some extra pressure on Djokovic's #1 ranking.

A Fed-Nole final could be telling of how 2012 will go.

Looner
02-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Fed needs the #2 before he can get to #1. Djoko will the work for him (hopefully) when Fed is number by taking on Rafita and playing 6h so he can lose to Rogie :angel:.

BigJohn
02-25-2012, 07:17 PM
watch how whinny bitches because of Fed draw will transform into " who cares for this mm tournament " at the end of the week if Fed wins the title

Unlikely to happen. These forums are filled with quality tennis connoisseurs.

abraxas21
02-25-2012, 07:36 PM
i havent seen the draw so i dunno if it is possible but...

wouldn't it be awesome if federer beat both marko and then novak? two djokovic in one tournament. imagine that...

DemiCrayanhan
02-25-2012, 07:40 PM
wasn't there recently a thread about nole texting a turkish player asking for his help in trying to get a wc for this very same brother for some small tournament down there? apparently his no.1 clout got bigger over time cause i think the turks rejected the suggestion right away.

DemiCrayanhan
02-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Murray talking about Dubai court speed: "It’s very fast conditions, very quick courts, so took me a few days to get used to that..."

this is just all kinds of wrong. unless dubai is changing the court surface after the wta tournament wrapped up tonight, i have a hard time calling it anything more than slow/medium. just watched a whole week of matches there and only the real power hitters (yep, there are maybe 1 or 2 left in the women's game) could hit through for winners. sad state of affairs for atp if andy considers it quick. maybe he's just pulling one of those mind games fed usually uses on him.

Bashak
02-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Marko Djokovic recently lost to world number 900+ in the first round of a futures tournament in Turkey :lol:. UAE must have no tennis players that they had to import M. Djokovic as the 3rd WC.

Bashak
02-25-2012, 07:52 PM
wasn't there recently a thread about nole texting a turkish player asking for his help in trying to get a wc for this very same brother for some small tournament down there? apparently his no.1 clout got bigger over time cause i think the turks rejected the suggestion right away.
Yes, here you go:
Turkish Federation refuses to give Marko Djokovic futures WC thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=194908)

BigJohn
02-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Turkey > UAE

Voo de Mar
02-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Marko deals with a status of the weakest tennis brother ever ;)

Yves.
02-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Marko deals with a status of the weakest tennis brother ever ;)

His six last tournaments were Turkish futures (held at hotel resorts) and he never got past the quarter final :haha:

DemiCrayanhan
02-25-2012, 08:22 PM
meanwhile miami grants early wild cards to nalby, gonzo and venus. thanks for reminding us not all tournaments have lost their heads.

Hypnotize
02-25-2012, 08:45 PM
meanwhile miami grants early wild cards to nalby, gonzo and venus. thanks for reminding us not all tournaments have lost their heads.
Don't kid yourself, all the US tournaments including Miami used to hand out WCs to Donald Young like they were going out of fashion and he couldn't win a match :haha:

coonster14
02-25-2012, 09:23 PM

:spit: :haha: :lol: good stuff!

DemiCrayanhan
02-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Don't kid yourself, all the US tournaments including Miami used to hand out WCs to Donald Young like they were going out of fashion and he couldn't win a match :haha:

i'm not saying young is a future star, but the kid was a talented junior no1 and an american, so it makes perfect sense to me miami would give him wc. it's not even a fair comparison to what dubai just did.

NID
02-25-2012, 10:06 PM
with the notable absence of nadal, from qf onwards this looks almost like a slam. impressive for a 500 tournament. money really makes the world go round.

Tennis-Life
02-25-2012, 11:12 PM
wouldn't it be awesome if federer beat both marko and then novak? two djokovic in one tournament. imagine that...

:superlol: too good

Seingeist
02-25-2012, 11:40 PM
That is a joke, I hope? Please? :tape:

Not a joke, it's an inevitability.

All Marko needs to do is win against the Q, and then beat Delpo, Tsonga, and Federer.

I'm looking forward to the all-Djoke final.

Inasmuch as Nole will surely bend over for his brother, this tournament is Marko's to lose. :shrug:

Sunset of Age
02-25-2012, 11:40 PM

All Marko needs to do is win against the Q, and then beat Delpo, Tsonga, and Federer.

:rolls: :yeah:

(btw, my 'joke' comment was directed at the poster who said that was reported in the press. I haven't seen anything like it and he didn't back it up with a link, so I concluded that indeed, he was kidding. ;))

Corey Feldman
02-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Fed needs the #2 before he can get to #1. Djoko will the work for him (hopefully) when Fed is number by taking on Rafita and playing 6h so he can lose to Rogie :angel:.no, we need to keep Nadull at #2, watching him getting abused by Nole all the time in semi finals isnt as enjoyable as when its in Finals

Alex999
02-26-2012, 12:53 AM

Inasmuch as Nole will surely bend over for his brother, this tournament is Marko's to lose. :shrug:
hilarious post, lol. simply too good :worship:. now, I'm more interested if Marco can def. that qualifier than Nole and Rog stuff, lol.

SapELee
02-26-2012, 01:01 AM

At least he was a former World Junior No.1 :shrug:

Dougie
02-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Let me see if I understood this correctly...Dubai is a 500 tournament that has 7 top 10 players participating, an entry list that is closer to a TMS 1000 tournament, total price money 1,7 m dollars, and we have a player with a ranking of 867 in the main draw!?

Of course we all know how he got the WC, but still. According to ATP website he has played 5 singles macthes this year ,all of them at the futures level ( 2 wins, 3 losses), his total price money this year is 518 $. Iīm not sure what the distribution at Dubai is, but heīll make at least 10 times that by losing in the 1st round ( something like 6-1, 6-1, probably).

This is just a joke. Iīm all for helping a brother out, but Marko is not even close to being a challenger-level player. Of course Novak has a lot of power and influence with the tournament organisers, but in my opinion he should be careful about how he uses that power. Wild cards to challengers would be another thing, but this is just wrong to players who asked for a WC and who would have had an actual chance of winning matches. Not good for the credibility of the game, or Djokovic himself, for that matter.

BigJohn
02-26-2012, 09:39 AM
The problem is not really that Nole would do this: it has been established for some times now that he is a classless douche who feels entitled to everything. He was a full of himself attention-whore diva when he was an also ran, so so you can only imagine how bad things are now in his transitional #1 period.

The problem is with the tournaments organizers for bending over and asking if they should spread their legs some more. They lost credibility and disrespected tennis players. As a tennis fan, you should feel at least somewhat offended.

It was discussed in the draw thread...

LisaKoh
02-26-2012, 09:45 AM
Yep, this is in the draw thread. As far as I know, #1 players do sometimes ask for "favors" from tournament directors to get WCs for friends or family. It's happened before and it will happen again. It's the TD's discretion to give one away or not. Anyway, the ATP ranking system is a meritocracy so if Marko doesn't have the stones to play at this level it will show on the court.

rutinos harcos
02-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Nole knows Marko will be spanked in his first match and he did it just because he can and to piss off the haters.Mission accomplished.

LuCC
02-26-2012, 10:29 AM
He has a chance to see Dubai, eat some good food. For him it's rather a kind of vacation, not a real competition bcoz he will probably lose his first match, so he can ROAR together with Marian and support his brother.
Novak asked for it and they couldn't refuse him. Deal with it, that's how it all works nowadays.

m9m9m9m9m9
02-26-2012, 10:52 AM
just take a look at the historical Dubai wildcards..
and you will know Marko Djokovic at least more deserving than those middle east players without a ranking

LisaKoh
02-26-2012, 10:55 AM
The Middle Eastern players are given WCs because Dubai is affiliated with their tennis federations.

LawrenceOfTennis
02-26-2012, 10:57 AM
:lol: at the primitive, dumb idiots who think this WC is deserved.

Dougie
02-26-2012, 10:58 AM
It was discussed in the draw thread...

Sorry, didnīt see that. Maybe the mods can merge it, then.

Luinir
02-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Turkey futures tournament refused Djokovic but ATP 500 Dubai couldn't.

masterclass
02-26-2012, 11:35 AM
i havent seen the draw so i dunno if it is possible but...

Yes, it's possible, but... ;) See latter part of question 9 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=197494&page=7).
I would put the odds at over a million to 1, since M. Djokovic would have to beat the qualifier 10-1, del Potro (1000-1), and Tsonga (1000-1) in his quarter to reach Federer in the semis, and then Federer would have to beat N. Djokovic. Odds to beat Djokovic twice are the best for Juan Martin del Potro, as M. Djokovic only has to beat a qualifier before possibly facing JMDP, then Mr. del Potro would have to beat Tsonga, Federer, and Djokovic, so maybe about 200 to 1 odds there.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Allez
02-26-2012, 11:37 AM
I would like to see Andy Murray put pressure on some of these tournaments to grant Jaime a wildcard to the singles events...

LuCC
02-26-2012, 11:46 AM
I would like to see Andy Murray put pressure on some of these tournaments to grant Jaime a wildcard to the singles events...

That wouldn't be so surprising since J.M. played more atp tours than this little fellow from Serbia.

nadejda
02-26-2012, 12:15 PM
I just wonder has Bubka got the WC because of his father or it was a side effect of dating with Azarenka :devil:

nadejda
02-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Yes, it's possible, but... ;) See latter part of question 9 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=197494&page=7).
I would put the odds at over a million to 1, since M. Djokovic would have to beat the qualifier 10-1, del Potro (1000-1), and Tsonga (1000-1) in his quarter to reach Federer in the semis, and then Federer would have to beat N. Djokovic. Odds to beat Djokovic twice are the best for Juan Martin del Potro, as M. Djokovic only has to beat a qualifier before possibly facing JMDP, then Mr. del Potro would have to beat Tsonga, Federer, and Djokovic, so maybe about 200 to 1 odds there.

Respectfully,
masterclass

:haha:

Alex999
02-26-2012, 12:34 PM
lolz, why not? Unfortunately, Murray is not #1 in the world ;). regardless, guys here make a big deal about Marko. it's too funny. who gives a shit that he got a WC. it's Dubai, not Wimbledon.

rutinos harcos
02-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Ha,ha,ha.I simply adore the effect Nole's family has on the haters.C'mon Nole,I wanna see Djordje getting WC for Jerk,oops,Jesus Fed open ie Basel.

rutinos harcos
02-26-2012, 12:54 PM
It's tough enough for the haters Nole's #1 and is winning slams in a row and on top of everyhing there's that family of his.Life is a bitch.

Aenea
02-26-2012, 01:47 PM
lolz, why not? Unfortunately, Murray is not #1 in the world ;). regardless, guys here make a big deal about Marko. it's too funny. who gives a shit that he got a WC. it's Dubai, not Wimbledon.

TBH for me the problem here is not Marco but Nole since it is probably not the organizers offered a WC for the MD to Marco but Novak demanded one. I hate people exploiting their fame to benefit like that, it is cheap and only shows his lack of class. But yeah, Andrea is right, it comes with a certain territory unfortunately :o

I believe that even if Murray were #1 in the world he'd never do something like that. Difference in the upbringing, class and way of life. Besides Jamie has far better results on the tour than Marco so far.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 02:08 PM
TBH for me the problem here is not Marco but Nole since it is probably not the organizers offered a WC for the MD to Marco but Novak demanded one. I hate people exploiting their fame to benefit like that, it is cheap and only shows his lack of class. But yeah, Andrea is right, it comes with a certain territory unfortunately :o

I believe that even if Murray were #1 in the world he'd never do something like that. Difference in the upbringing, class and way of life. Besides Jamie has far better results on the tour than Marco so far.

Do you really think that Novak is in position to "demand" WC from Dubai tournament? These guys are LOADED, they have more money than they know what to do with, and on top of all that Dubai has probably the best lineup on ATP tour (even without Nole). Had Novak walked to the tournament organizer and "demanded" WC, he'd probably would have told him to piss off. What probably happened is that Nole politely asked organizers for a favor and they said yes.

Do you really think that Nadal or Federer never asked for WC for their friends? Don't be naive.

Dougie
02-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Of course Novak doesnīt need to demand a wc, itīs enough that he asks for one. But it doesnīt make it right. Markoīs success even in the futures-level is limited, to say the least. Ha has no business being in a tournament like Dubai, and it doesnīt help his career at all. All it does is give him the nice check even the 1st round losers get. But there are players who would have deserved it more, and needed it more than anyone in the Djokovic-family.

Itīs embarassing for the whole Djokovic-family. Not everyone would have the nerve to do something as ridicilous as this.

rutinos harcos
02-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Shame on the Djokovic family.How do they sleep at night?

Aenea
02-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Do you really think that Novak is in position to "demand" WC from Dubai tournament?
Yes, he is and he's not ashamed to exploit it. Don't forget where the tournament is held.

These guys are LOADED, they have more money than they know what to do with, and on top of all that Dubai has probably the best lineup on ATP tour (even without Nole). Had Novak walked to the tournament organizer and "demanded" WC, he'd probably would have told him to piss off.
Nope, they wouldn't treat like that the world #1 or he might not play their tournament. Again don't forget where is the tournament held.

What probably happened is that Nole politely asked organizers for a favor and they said yes.

It doesn't matter how it happened, his actions alone (asking for a WC for Marco) put me even more off. Using his fame and position in tennis to "smuggle" his 800+ ranked brother into a MD of a 500 tournament is classless for me. But what can we expected from someone whose upbringing has been guided by Srejan :o

Do you really think that Nadal or Federer never asked for WC for their friends? Don't be naive.

Probably they did but not for a relative being ranked in 800+ and who has won a couple of matches on futures level for a MD of a 500. It is one thing asking for a WC in the doubles for yourself and Marc or for someone like Chiudi and completely different for your relative who has never played on ATP level. Why hasn't he asked WC for Q, it would have been more appropriate.

Alex999
02-26-2012, 03:07 PM

so what... what's the problem? what's class? give me a break. this is still a mm tournament. who was supposed to get a WC instead of Marco? organizers did what they did. it's their tournament.

JurajCrane
02-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Stop trolling and letīs see if young Djokovic deserves it. He plays Golubev tomorrow, 1st match on Centre Court.

Aenea
02-26-2012, 03:14 PM
so what... what's the problem? what's class? give me a break. this is still a mm tournament. who was supposed to get a WC instead of Marco? organizers did what they did. it's their tournament.

Yes, what is really class? You don't know? Novak doesn't know either.

Stop trolling and letīs see if young Djokovic deserves it. He plays Golubev tomorrow, 1st match on Centre Court.

:haha:

sure, sure

Dougie
02-26-2012, 03:27 PM

No, he would have deserved it if his results were good enough to earn him a spot. Whatever the result of his match tomorrow, you donīt deserve getting in the main draw like this.

And of course, where else would the match take place than centre court. Unreal...

BigJohn
02-26-2012, 03:29 PM
I see. If you don't have a properly working moral compass, you are likely to be a Noletard. Makes sense if you are gonna be a fanboy of a cheating and faking attention whore.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 03:38 PM
I love how everyone is crying "unfair...undeserved...how could Nole do this?"..Hypocrites, all of you. I'm willing to bet that all of you would do the same, if not FAR worse, if you were in Nole's position for your brother/sister. Nothing easier than judge from safety of your little dark corner. This outcry is 70% jealousy and 30% hatred.

Those of you who are seeking "fairness", you better stop living in a fantasy world, because in this world - real world - fairness comes seldom.

Dougie
02-26-2012, 03:44 PM
I love how everyone is crying "unfair...undeserved...how could Nole do this?"..Hypocrites, all of you. I'm willing to bet that all of you would do the same, if not FAR worse, if you were in Nole's position for your brother/sister. Nothing easier than judge from safety of your little dark corner. This outcry is 70% jealousy and 30% hatred.

No, not everyone would do it. I wouldnīt have the nerve to do something like that if Iīd be in Noleīs position. Not that my brother would ask something like that from me, anyway. And even if I offered him a WC like this, he would have the decency to not accept it.

Itīs not just jealousy and hatred, some people actually have manners and decency, Djokovic-camp obviously does not.

Aenea
02-26-2012, 03:45 PM

How sad that a word like "moral" apparently doesn't exist in your vocabulary. I for myself am not commenting from "safety of my little dark corner" but from my moral point of view.
You think we all would do the same like Nole? People tend to expect from others to do what they themselves are able to do. So I see your moral would allow you to act like Nole and obviously you can't fathom how so some others wouldn't.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 03:49 PM
No, not everyone would do it. I wouldnīt have the nerve to do something like that if Iīd be in Noleīs position. Not that my brother would ask something like that from me, anyway. And even if I offered him a WC like this, he would have the decency to not accept it.

Itīs not just jealousy and hatred, some people actually have manners and decency, Djokovic-camp obviously does not.

It is VERY, VERY easy to say what you would or wouldn't do when you are not in that situation. Words are cheap. You think you know who you are, or what you'd do in that situation? You have no idea until you are in that position. People are defined through their actions, not their words. You can keep on telling me, yourself...everyone you know, till you're blue in the face, but until you're in that position you have NO IDEA what you would or wouldn't do for people you love.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 03:55 PM
How sad that a word like "moral" apparently doesn't exist in your vocabulary. I for myself am not commenting from "safety of my little dark corner" but from my moral point of view.
You think we all would do the same like Nole? People tend to expect from others to do what they themselves are able to do. So I see your moral would allow you to act like Nole and obviously you can't fathom how so some others wouldn't.

It is usually those with "high morals", or at least those who claim to have them, that are the very same people who show their true colors when subjected to smallest of temptations. Words are cheap.

Dougie
02-26-2012, 04:16 PM
It is VERY, VERY easy to say what you would or wouldn't do when you are not in that situation. Words are cheap. You think you know who you are, or what you'd do in that situation? You have no idea until you are in that position. People are defined through their actions, not their words. You can keep on telling me, yourself...everyone you know, till you're blue in the face, but until you're in that position you have NO IDEA what you would or wouldn't do for people you love.

Oh come on, itīs not like weīre talking about Novak donating a kidney to Marko, or anything. Not everyone would act like Nole, I certainly wouldnīt, and I donīt care whether you believe that or not.

zcess81
02-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Oh come on, itīs not like weīre talking about Novak donating a kidney to Marko, or anything. Not everyone would act like Nole, I certainly wouldnīt, and I donīt care whether you believe that or not.

I'm not saying that everyone would, I'm not saying that you would either, but you'd be surprised what people would do to achieve their dreams...but there is no way you can be "certain" that you wouldn't unless you are in that position. We all have dreams, Marko's is to be a tennis player, to play in big events. I don't know what your dream is, but if you can't achieve your dreams by yourself, and if your brother was in position to make it happen for you just by asking someone politely, you can't say with 100% certainty that you wouldn't accept it.

I don't know if I would accept it either, but I'd be naive if I believed that there is NO WAY I would ever do what Nole did, simply because I haven't been in that situation. If my brother was begging me to make his dreams happen for him, if he was in tears, begging me, and if I was in position to help him...it's not that easy to say no.

SKozak
02-26-2012, 04:32 PM

He needs money after marriage :)

rutinos harcos
02-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Yes, he is and he's not ashamed to exploit it. Don't forget where the tournament is held.

Nope, they wouldn't treat like that the world #1 or he might not play their tournament. Again don't forget where is the tournament held.

It doesn't matter how it happened, his actions alone (asking for a WC for Marco) put me even more off. Using his fame and position in tennis to "smuggle" his 800+ ranked brother into a MD of a 500 tournament is classless for me. But what can we expected from someone whose upbringing has been guided by Srejan :o

Probably they did but not for a relative being ranked in 800+ and who has won a couple of matches on futures level for a MD of a 500. It is one thing asking for a WC in the doubles for yourself and Marc or for someone like Chiudi and completely different for your relative who has never played on ATP level. Why hasn't he asked WC for Q, it would have been more appropriate.
Well,Nole did it just to piss off you and
the likes of you.And how ignorant are you?It's Marko not Marco,he's Serbian,not Italian.Srejan?That's a good one.It's Srdjan.Learn to spell names of the people you're bashing.

ZaZoo)
02-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Some quality trolls emerging to bash Nole and his bro. Desperate times for them. :stupid:

Dougie
02-26-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm not saying that everyone would, I'm not saying that you would either, but you'd be surprised what people would do to achieve their dreams...but there is no way you can be "certain" that you wouldn't unless you are in that position. We all have dreams, Marko's is to be a tennis player, to play in big events. I don't know what your dream is, but if you can't achieve your dreams by yourself, and if your brother was in position to make it happen for you just by asking someone politely, you can't say with 100% certainty that you wouldn't accept it.

I don't know if I would accept it either, but I'd be naive if I believed that there is NO WAY I would ever do what Nole did, simply because I haven't been in that situation. If my brother was begging me to make his dreams happen for him, if he was in tears, begging me, and if I was in position to help him...it's not that easy to say no.

I see your point, but the thing is, this wont make Marko a succesful tennis player. In fact, it wonīt help him at all, because his own level is light years behind this kind of tournament. Thatīs why this is such a ridicilous stunt from their part. Itīs rude, arrogant, and it doesnīt really benefit Marko. A WC to qualies would have been even remotely understandable.

Sham Kay
02-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Looking at it from the outside, sure it's morally wrong and rather selfish.

Looking at it from Nole's point of view though, if my kid bro desperately needed some help to get going, I'd definitely ignore my morals to do whatever I can to make the guy happy, and avoid seeing him disappointed. Having a bunch of random opinionated Tennis fans disappointed in my apparently selfish actions would be a small and insignificant price to pay, when it comes to helping out family. And that's just how it is.

Aenea
02-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Some quality trolls emerging to bash Nole and his bro. Desperate times for them. :stupid:

It's not bashing. On my part it is called "disappointment". Hopefully you understand the difference.

rutinos harcos
02-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Yes, what is really class? You don't know? Novak doesn't know either.

Ha,ha,ha.Uncle Toni and Rafito are all about class.

Lee
02-26-2012, 04:52 PM
In almost 200 posts, there are less than 10 posts really about the draw, :hatoff: MTF

The first quarter is a :yawn: It will be interesting to see how Murray recovers from AO vs Berrer but I think he will be in good mental state so the real test will be if/ when he meets Berdych. The third quarter will likely be a rematch between Tsonga and DelPo. I think Tsonga may get his revenge. And no doubt Federer will be the one coming out of the fourth quarter.

SKozak
02-26-2012, 05:17 PM
The Bubka WC is just as hilarious.

I have to say Bubka Jr makes more efforts in such cases than usually :)
Last year he got WCs in Doha and Dubai. The results were

2011 Doha 1R. Bubka def Gimeno-Traver 6-0 6-3
Doha 2R. Bubka lost to Tsonga 2-6 4-6 (it was suffiently interesting match)
2011 Dubai 1R. Bubka def Ljubicic 6-1 0-1 ret
Dubai 2R. Bubka lost to Gasquet 2-6 5-7

... and remember Bubka was in the 4th hundred at that time

JurajCrane
02-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Hopefully Lacko will beat Bubka as he did at Australian Open Final Qualifying Round.

Seingeist
02-26-2012, 05:43 PM
"Immoral" :lol:

What a fucking farce MTF is. All manner of depravity is flaunted and vehemently defended in NT ("don't judge!"), but when Nole gets a WC for his brother, people have the gall to start talking about "morality."

Amazingly, however, that's not even the most reprehensible dimension of this discussion! We also have to try to start a class war over this! "Difference in upbringing," blah blah blah.

Nice, guys! :yeah:

Bobby
02-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Marco Djokovic reminds me of Frank Stallone. He may not have what it takes for a major breakthrough. But that's not important because he has a brother who can arrange a few tasks here and there. It's like that song called "Pushin'" from Rocky III. Nobody remembers it now, but it allowed Frank to be a part of a major production. Not that it secured a big career for him though.

BigJohn
02-26-2012, 06:17 PM

If my 21 year old brother was begging me in tears to openly and unfairly help him that way, disrespecting some of my colleagues and depriving one of them of a good payday, I would slap him in the face, tell him to get over himself, how is this supposed to not make both of us look?

samanosuke
02-26-2012, 06:29 PM
I'v heard the rumors that next year Fed will conditioned his participation with WC for Charlene Riva and Myla Rose for doubles tournament

Corey Feldman
02-26-2012, 07:36 PM
playing on centre court as well :eek:

could only have been better if he had drawn that arab WC thats gets in every year (guy that always loses 6-0 6-1) might be Habibko

Bubka WC as well eh

next WC should be for Sharhar Peer!

Marco Djokovic reminds me of Frank Stallone. He may not have what it takes for a major breakthrough. But that's not important because he has a brother who can arrange a few tasks here and there. It's like that song called "Pushin'" from Rocky III. Nobody remembers it now, but it allowed Frank to be a part of a major production. Not that it secured a big career for him though.:lol:

Frank had some great songs bro, remember the one from a Travolta movie

Lee
02-26-2012, 07:40 PM
playing on centre court as well :eek:

could only have been better if he had drawn that arab WC thats gets in every year (guy that always loses 6-0 6-1) might be Habibko

Bubka WC as well eh

next WC should be for Sharhar Peer!

:lol:

Frank had some great songs bro, remember the one from a Travolta movie

Already!!! Check the draw from the women this year ;)

tennizen
02-26-2012, 07:45 PM
If my 21 year old brother was begging me in tears to openly and unfairly help him that way, disrespecting some of my colleagues and depriving one of them of a good payday, I would slap him in the face, tell him to get over himself, how is this supposed to not make both of us look?

http://i.imgur.com/zs0to.gif

Yolita
02-26-2012, 08:09 PM

The same way the Canada Masters 1000 can justify giving a WC to Chvojka (a futures player) to a mandatory Masters 1000. He's lucky enough to belong to a country which hosts a Masters 1000, so he can have a short-cut when other players from less fortunate countries can't. It won't help him anymore than it will help Marko. WCs cannot substitute talent.

Or the Erste Bank Open, who gave WCs to T. Muster (ranked 1078) and also to Dominic Thiem (ranked 1890), and coincidentally they had to face each other in the first round. What are the odds?

But it doesn't really matter, because in the long run, tournament directors helped their events with their WCs.

Spare me the hypocrisy of complaining about this one and not the others. So many players have been awarded WC after WC because of their position or closeness with certain people... Why the sudden outrage? :rolleyes:

samanosuke
02-26-2012, 08:25 PM
The same way the Canada Masters 1000 can justify giving a WC to Chvojka (a futures player) to a mandatory Masters 1000. He's lucky enough to belong to a country which hosts a Masters 1000, so he can have a short-cut when other players from less fortunate countries can't. It won't help him anymore than it will help Marko. WCs cannot substitute talent.

Or the Erste Bank Open, who gave WCs to T. Muster (ranked 1078) and also to Dominic Thiem (ranked 1890), and coincidentally they had to face each other in the first round. What are the odds?

and Marko Djokovic is aboriginal of UAE who's family have origins from pure blooded Arabian sheiks

But it doesn't really matter, because in the long run, tournament directors helped their events with their WCs.

and how the fuck player ranked 864 with one challenger win will help to the event

Spare me the hypocrisy of complaining about this one and not the others. So many players have been awarded WC after WC because of their position or closeness with certain people... Why the sudden outrage? :rolleyes:

so spare me from your shitty and stupid comments and act some reasonable poster somewhere else

BigJohn
02-26-2012, 08:25 PM

Sometimes, the line between being a fan and being a tard gets blurry.

rutinos harcos
02-26-2012, 08:26 PM
The reason is obvious.Marko Is Nole's little bro and member of DJokovic family.More than enough for the MTF.If it was somebody else nobody would even noticed.

LawrenceOfTennis
02-26-2012, 11:33 PM
I hope Murray will win Dubai. Not realistic though.

motorhead
02-27-2012, 01:39 AM
am I dreaming or there was a thread about Dubdai court speed just a few minutes ago? I Can't seem to find it...

Mr. Oracle
02-27-2012, 03:23 AM

Wow you have no idea of how things work in Europe. You are new.

BigJohn
02-27-2012, 04:54 AM
The whole of Europe?